FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Is it the simple things

Is it the simple things

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *otMe66 OP   Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

All this talk of the vaccinated not vaccinated, followed up with pseudo experience of vaccines and medical knowledge is not going to resolve or change anyones minds on the whys or wherefores of covid-19 vaccines.

Is it time to change the target warriors and come together to challenge the unhygienic amongst us? The ones who don't wash their hands, sneeze and cough openly, spit on the ground the human walking petri dishes! After all that has gone on I would have thought we (humans) may have become a cleaner version of the old us. I have not seen evidence of this on my travels, have you? Would better hygiene standards help to slow the spread of covid, you know, the simple stuff we all should know about?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think we'll be told to mind our own business and work on our immune system if we tried.

(I have a boosted immune system. Also known as autoimmune disease)

Terra Firma

"I think we'll be told to mind our own business and work on our immune system if we tried.

(I have a boosted immune system. Also known as autoimmune disease)"

I see, it is everyones problem but the dirty so and so's that can't be bothered to wash their hands. Are these people hard to deal with, easier to let them get on with it?

Manchester (she/her)

"I think we'll be told to mind our own business and work on our immune system if we tried.

(I have a boosted immune system. Also known as autoimmune disease)

I see, it is everyones problem but the dirty so and so's that can't be bothered to wash their hands. Are these people hard to deal with, easier to let them get on with it? "

I've got no idea. But it seems to be the standard answer, you can't tell me what to do.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We have to live with and abide by social rules within the world, including Fab and forum terms and conditions. We should not tolerate abuse and should personally embody respect for others, in all that we do

People, though, are somewhat naturally easily influenced into tribal behaviour - especially when heavily emotionally charged, such as the duress of feeling in danger. Whilst many haven't lossed loved ones, many others have - some of them many. When caught up with desperately trying to cling to rationality, whilst not managing to be with loved ones who pass away, it takes exceptional levels of inner strength to remain calmer and open to others, who may be viewed as vulnerable to similar fates etc.

It's a forum. You will get facts, opinions, nonsense and a lot more, including the emotional sensitivities of the people who you share this with. Aiming to let others leave here in a better informed and more positive mindset is a great, though tough challenge. Most of us will support you when you do your best.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Would be interesting to hear your views on my lifestyle, OP. Am I someone you are referring to?

I shower daily, wash my hands before eating and after using the bathroom etc.

I cover my face if I cough or sneeze.

If I feel ill or have a cough / sneeze I will stay at home.

I've had both my jabs.

But.....

I could count on my fingers the amount of time that I've used sanitizer since this pandemic started (unless expressly had it squirted into my hand at a venue).

I wear masks only when absolutely mandated legally and I would never wear one through choice (Unless I had to go into an enclosed space whilst Ill).

I've never cleaned a trolley, Quarantined a parcel or washed my shopping.

I'm happy going to pubs. To gigs. To sports events on a packed football terrace.

By living normally, without the overkill narrative of fear I'm happy and confident that my immune system will be a damned site better equipped to deal with the usual bugs, colds, flu and even Covid than those artificially strangulating theirs through living in an artificially sterile environment.

I have one life and won't live it in fear.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"All this talk of the vaccinated not vaccinated, followed up with pseudo experience of vaccines and medical knowledge is not going to resolve or change anyones minds on the whys or wherefores of covid-19 vaccines.

Is it time to change the target warriors and come together to challenge the unhygienic amongst us? The ones who don't wash their hands, sneeze and cough openly, spit on the ground the human walking petri dishes! After all that has gone on I would have thought we (humans) may have become a cleaner version of the old us. I have not seen evidence of this on my travels, have you? Would better hygiene standards help to slow the spread of covid, you know, the simple stuff we all should know about? "

So we are onto hygiene shaming now.

I don't actually belive you are that thorough OP.

Terra Firma

"All this talk of the vaccinated not vaccinated, followed up with pseudo experience of vaccines and medical knowledge is not going to resolve or change anyones minds on the whys or wherefores of covid-19 vaccines.

Is it time to change the target warriors and come together to challenge the unhygienic amongst us? The ones who don't wash their hands, sneeze and cough openly, spit on the ground the human walking petri dishes! After all that has gone on I would have thought we (humans) may have become a cleaner version of the old us. I have not seen evidence of this on my travels, have you? Would better hygiene standards help to slow the spread of covid, you know, the simple stuff we all should know about?

"

Shaming unhygienic practices! Are you really that liberal left that anyone can do anything, regardless? Covering your nose or mouth when coughing, not spitting, washing my hands after going to the toilet and before I eat food is not going over the top or is it thorough and if you are you saying it is I am shocked.

Terra Firma

"Would be interesting to hear your views on my lifestyle, OP. Am I someone you are referring to?

I've had both my jabs.

But.....

I could count on my fingers the amount of time that I've used sanitizer since this pandemic started (unless expressly had it squirted into my hand at a venue).

I wear masks only when absolutely mandated legally and I would never wear one through choice (Unless I had to go into an enclosed space whilst Ill).

I'm happy going to pubs. To gigs. To sports events on a packed football terrace.

By living normally, without the overkill narrative of fear I'm happy and confident that my immune system will be a damned site better equipped to deal with the usual bugs, colds, flu and even Covid than those artificially strangulating theirs through living in an artificially sterile environment.

I have one life and won't live it in fear."

I'm not referring to you, you are saying you do all the things I mentioned.... The parts you added that you don't do I did not mention, you did. I did not mention masks, sanitiser, pubs, gigs or parcels

"Would be interesting to hear your views on my lifestyle, OP. Am I someone you are referring to?

I've had both my jabs.

But.....

I have one life and won't live it in fear.

I'm not referring to you, you are saying you do all the things I mentioned.... The parts you added that you don't do I did not mention, you did. I did not mention masks, sanitiser, pubs, gigs or parcels

"

Yeah, I guess I was interested in your take on those other things.

I probably worded it badly - in my mind, what you were saying was simple common sense and decency and the point I was trying to make was I believe many people have gone well over the top, to the detriment of their own immune systems.

The sad fact is that many of the people you describe with properly foul habits will probably have amongst the strongest immune systems of us all....

Falkirk

Shaming unhygienic practices! Are you really that liberal left that anyone can do anything, regardless? Covering your nose or mouth when coughing, not spitting, washing my hands after going to the toilet and before I eat food is not going over the top or is it thorough and if you are you saying it is I am shocked.

"

Oh dear.

Please explain the liberal left comment?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Is it time to change the target warriors and come together to challenge the unhygienic amongst us? The ones who don't wash their hands, sneeze and cough openly, spit on the ground the human walking petri dishes! After all that has gone on I would have thought we (humans) may have become a cleaner version of the old us. I have not seen evidence of this on my travels, have you? Would better hygiene standards help to slow the spread of covid, you know, the simple stuff we all should know about? "

I've said this since the start. It's only Basic hygiene like we were taught as kids. No idea why people think it's OK to cough and sneeze over other people or go out amongst others while they are ill. Bemuses me why we need to have posters telling us how to wash our hands properly.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

U know there is a thing as being to clean? X

Terra Firma

Oh dear.

"

You need an explanation?

Terra Firma

I've said this since the start. It's only Basic hygiene like we were taught as kids. No idea why people think it's OK to cough and sneeze over other people or go out amongst others while they are ill. Bemuses me why we need to have posters telling us how to wash our hands properly. "

If you are referring to me as the poster who is telling you how to wash your hands, you are mistaken... I have not advised anyone on anything I asked if people had seen an uplift in hygiene standards and would better hygiene reduce the spread of covid.

Falkirk

Oh dear.

You need an explanation? "

You are clearly having dig at liberals suggesting they are unclean and the source of the issue.

Your targeting a specific group with no factual evidence or proof.

So yes please give us an explanation.

Terra Firma

"U know there is a thing as being to clean? X"

Basic hygiene is all I am talking about, clean hands after the toilet, before eating, not coughing over people..

Terra Firma

Oh dear.

You need an explanation?

You are clearly having dig at liberals suggesting they are unclean and the source of the issue.

So yes please give us an explanation. "

It was not aimed at a group, it was aimed at you comment

Falkirk

Oh dear.

You need an explanation?

So yes please give us an explanation.

It was not aimed at a group, it was aimed at you comment"

So give me an explanation.

Terra Firma

"

So give me an explanation."

I'm not going to rise to your puerile attempt to score points, you know exactly what I mean.

Falkirk

"

I'm not going to rise to your puerile attempt to score points, you know exactly what I mean. "

Sorry but that's a poor excuse for bowing out.

"

I'm not going to rise to your puerile attempt to score points, you know exactly what I mean.

"

Mate, you need to re-read the whole thread. You've got this one round your neck.

He's really not saying what you think he is.

Tin town

I've said this since the start. It's only Basic hygiene like we were taught as kids. No idea why people think it's OK to cough and sneeze over other people or go out amongst others while they are ill. Bemuses me why we need to have posters telling us how to wash our hands properly.

If you are referring to me as the poster who is telling you how to wash your hands, you are mistaken... I have not advised anyone on anything I asked if people had seen an uplift in hygiene standards and would better hygiene reduce the spread of covid."

Haha no... Poster as in sheet of paper,.with writing on it and laminated or framed in shops, loos, Dr's, et al.... The beauty of language.

Terra Firma

"Haha no... Poster as in sheet of paper,.with writing on it and laminated or framed in shops, loos, Dr's, et al.... The beauty of language. "

Got you

Falkirk

"

Mate, you need to re-read the whole thread. You've got this one round your neck.

He's really not saying what you think he is."

I questioned him on his comment.

He asked if I wanted an explination.

I said yes. He failed to give me one. So if I am wrong, I've not been given a reason why.

I've had both my jabs.

But.....

I have one life and won't live it in fear."

well done iam same alough did not want chemicals jabbed into my body but take immune boost vit e d c and selerium i use my own sanitizer as how many people touch the ones in shops

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 19/10/21 09:45:21]

Manchester (she/her)

"

I said yes. He failed to give me one. So if I am wrong, I've not been given a reason why.

I questioned your need for an explanation, I didn't and wont offer you one."

I'd be inclined to examine the political proclivities of those against vaccination and mitigation. I don't think your "liberal" description is accurate.

Tin town

I think basic common sense and basic hygiene would go a long way to reducing infections. But as a nation we don't seem a) very strong on recognising the value of and b) being in the habit of executing either of those life skills... And c) responding positively when anyone tries to remind us of those very basic facts

Terra Firma

"

I questioned your need for an explanation, I didn't and wont offer you one.

I'd be inclined to examine the political proclivities of those against vaccination and mitigation. I don't think your "liberal" description is accurate."

I felt it was apt for the particular comment, I'm certainly not wrapping everything into a one size fits all here

Terra Firma

"I think basic common sense and basic hygiene would go a long way to reducing infections. But as a nation we don't seem a) very strong on recognising the value of and b) being in the habit of executing either of those life skills... And c) responding positively when anyone tries to remind us of those very basic facts "

Manchester (she/her)

"

I'd be inclined to examine the political proclivities of those against vaccination and mitigation. I don't think your "liberal" description is accurate.

I felt it was apt for the particular comment, I'm certainly not wrapping everything into a one size fits all here"

Have a closer look at the politics of those screaming about basic measures. If they're liberal I'm the Queen of England.

By *astlincscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Tinsel Town

I would agree the "liberal" comment you made has no relevance to the subject.

I can see where the guy was coming from that called you out.

I'm liberal and I'm very OCD about cleanliness and my personal hygiene.

Tin town

"

I felt it was apt for the particular comment, I'm certainly not wrapping everything into a one size fits all here

Have a closer look at the politics of those screaming about basic measures. If they're liberal I'm the Queen of England."

Doffs cap... "your majesty"

Manchester (she/her)

"

Have a closer look at the politics of those screaming about basic measures. If they're liberal I'm the Queen of England.

Doffs cap... "your majesty" "

» Add a new message to this topic