FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Is the government too slow to act yet again?

Is the government too slow to act yet again?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Last 2/3 days radio talk shows and some press posting about restrictions coming back in as covid cases reach almost 50k daily.

Me and my wife always wear a mask in the supermarket etc and do most of our shop online inc food so out for odds and ends usally after 6pm when its quite but not Fridays.

IMO the waeing of masks should have stayed in enclosed areas. No one wants to wear a mask but if you can, you are keep other safer and in turn they are keeping you safer. Based on this info evne if we were younger we'd wear a mask if we could and we can. our children all adults wear a mask in shops etc inc public transport.

We all want "freedom" but it it means some restrictions to keep our family/friends/neighbours/etc safer and let them have more freedom, masks is an easy choice.

Nothing will work properly if any rules that are made/returned are enforced.

Btw, we called 119 today for the booser and was advised have to wait 6 months and about a week if non nhs/social staff or considered vulnerable

We never really bothered with the flu jab and were worried re this vaccine but even before the vaccine was made we decided to go for it and can't wait to have the flu and covid boosters.

You worried again re winter and slow government resposne etc? Do you still wear a mask in enclosed spaces like us and about 20% of others?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I still wear a mask and have minimised social contacts again.

"I still wear a mask and have minimised social contacts again."

Thanks. That reminds me, we hardly see anyone other than our children who all work from home. We try not to share a car if we do we have the window/sunroof open a bit and at home, we have windows open and try to sit away for the other

Recent meet, we insist the guy wears a good quality mask and have widows and doors open and they keep a distance as much as possible.

IMO, it is sensible to act before things turn very, very nasty again and wearing a mask shows imo we are caring about others as this is what the sceience is saying and if most wore masks, we keep most of our freedoms, safer etc.

Good to hear from you.

Manchester (she/her)

Thank you. I think things are bad already tbh. But fuck all I can do about it other than keep my potential germs to myself.

"Thank you. I think things are bad already tbh. But fuck all I can do about it other than keep my potential germs to myself."

True and actions you are already taking ie reduced contact.

Have a good day.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think social distancing and masks should probably have stayed in for more environments, , as they help to lessen the potential for aerosol transmissions. Making them optional turned them to something never to do, for too many people. Aggressive people who push millimetres from you in shops are an example of the type of person who should likely be kept at the greatest distance, at all times.

For many people, switching transport, shops etc back to safer behaviour would be a good thing, as infections are too high. Winter will make things worse and it's clear there are too many selfish people who need to have constraints and restrictions to stop their dangerous behaviours, to protect the majority. I'm guessing that many of them refuse to get vaccinated too.

Central

"I think social distancing and masks should probably have stayed in for more environments, , as they help to lessen the potential for aerosol transmissions. Making them optional turned them to something never to do, for too many people. Aggressive people who push millimetres from you in shops are an example of the type of person who should likely be kept at the greatest distance, at all times.

For many people, switching transport, shops etc back to safer behaviour would be a good thing, as infections are too high. Winter will make things worse and it's clear there are too many selfish people who need to have constraints and restrictions to stop their dangerous behaviours, to protect the majority. I'm guessing that many of them refuse to get vaccinated too. "

I was on a train last week and fewer than half wore masks . I wear mine all of the time and keep social distancing up.

It would be better to have a faster response by the government, keeping fewer additional restrictions in place, than acting too slowly yet again and then having to make more drastic changes.

They don't want to do anything at all and I can see them doing so, at our cost.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

The rise was predicted as we came out of lockdown and we came out earlier than other countries to get over the wave before winter hits. This is one of the reasons other countries figures look so much better than ours. Playing your part to protect yourself and those around you is all you can really do, hopefully the experts have the modelling right.

By *etterdays2021Man  over a year ago

PETERBOROUGH

Ive never stop wearimg mask and people look at me weird but its my safety

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"Last 2/3 days radio talk shows and some press posting about restrictions coming back in as covid cases reach almost 50k daily.

Me and my wife always wear a mask in the supermarket etc and do most of our shop online inc food so out for odds and ends usally after 6pm when its quite but not Fridays.

IMO the waeing of masks should have stayed in enclosed areas. No one wants to wear a mask but if you can, you are keep other safer and in turn they are keeping you safer. Based on this info evne if we were younger we'd wear a mask if we could and we can. our children all adults wear a mask in shops etc inc public transport.

We all want "freedom" but it it means some restrictions to keep our family/friends/neighbours/etc safer and let them have more freedom, masks is an easy choice.

Btw, we called 119 today for the booser and was advised have to wait 6 months and about a week if non nhs/social staff or considered vulnerable

We never really bothered with the flu jab and were worried re this vaccine but even before the vaccine was made we decided to go for it and can't wait to have the flu and covid boosters.

You worried again re winter and slow government resposne etc? Do you still wear a mask in enclosed spaces like us and about 20% of others?

"

No let live with it we do not when another lockdown...

Will not wear a mask either.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Last 2/3 days radio talk shows and some press posting about restrictions coming back in as covid cases reach almost 50k daily.

Will not wear a mask either. "

Agree totally.

Outside of this relatively paranoid bubble on these forums, there is little to no appetite for any further restrictions / lockdowns.

Most people are now only doing the minimum required by law.

This nonsense can't go on forever, we need to live our lives.

Personally, I won't be fo

Just let it migrate through the population now ,drop the testing and you or the media wouldnt be any wiser ,

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

"

Sadly around a 1000 a week are not being able to do that

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I still wear a mask and have minimised social contacts again.

Thanks. That reminds me, we hardly see anyone other than our children who all work from home. We try not to share a car if we do we have the window/sunroof open a bit and at home, we have windows open and try to sit away for the other

Recent meet, we insist the guy wears a good quality mask and have widows and doors open and they keep a distance as much as possible.

."

If this is a social then obviously you can do, but if it is a sexual meet how would that work?

By *ohnj21Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Are we saying there's a 6 months waiting list for booster.

I know people who have had it

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Outside of this relatively paranoid bubble on these forums, there is little to no appetite for any further restrictions / lockdowns.

Most people are now only doing the minimum required by law.

"

Staying safe doesn't = lockdowns.

"

Sadly around a 1000 a week are not being able to do that"

Agreed it's sad. But it's natural. There's plenty of other stuff killing people too.

We cannot live with restrictions forever - it's no life for any of us.

We all need to take our chances now.

" we hardly see anyone other than our children who all work from home. We try not to share a car if we do we have the window/sunroof open a bit and at home, we have windows open and try to sit away for the other"

You try and activity avoid contact with your own family?

How sad!

"

Recent meet, we insist the guy wears a good quality mask and have widows and doors open and they keep a distance as much as possible. "

Sounds fun!!!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

To the OP, they knew what they were doing, they wanted it to rip through the summer as they think a few thousand people dying as collateral damage is worth it.

Sadly the numbers are going up which will mean more people getting it/ dying as we go through the winter.

A lot of people will say ah sod it, let it rip, but may change their minds if it affected them or someone they know dies of it. On the other hand there will be lots of people who will be thinking , lets limit who we can potentially kill off.

For info, since "freedom day" there has been over 13508 people that have died of Covid.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Agreed it's sad. But it's natural. There's plenty of other stuff killing people too.

We all need to take our chances now."

It isn't natural, it is a pandemic where most of those people dead wouldn't have died.

We don't have any restrictions , just recommendations.

"

It isn't natural, it is a pandemic where most of those people dead wouldn't have died.

We don't have any restrictions , just recommendations. "

I always thought a virus was natural ?

"

We don't have any restrictions , just recommendations. "

Of course pandemics are natural.

We cannot restrict forever and Covid is going nowhere. We can lockdown for a year or 5, but as soon as we open up it's going tonbe there waiting.

Additionally, the longer we lockdown, wear masks and distance the worse our immune systems become at dealing with all the existing pathogens.

The ONLY reason for increasing restrictions is if health services cannotncope, and then only temporarily for the shortest time possible.

They couldn't run a tap or direct traffic down a one way street

From 1700 a day, at it lowest point to over 40k a day. As the figures were rising they did sod all. They didn't even stop flights coming. We are an Island damn it. That in itself should help us. Where money comes in to play, health and safety goes out the window. Masks should be compulsory. I get looked at like I am the freak for wearing mine?????

I am so narked and angry about this utter pathetic administration, I can't construction my words. That's how annoyed I am

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"The rise was predicted as we came out of lockdown and we came out earlier than other countries to get over the wave before winter hits. This is one of the reasons other countries figures look so much better than ours. Playing your part to protect yourself and those around you is all you can really do, hopefully the experts have the modelling right."

That's some hope... Not sure the "experts" have got the "modelling" right very often through this as we always seem to be reacting to situations that are already way beyond our ability to influence / control. Contrary to some of the more inflammatory posts we see in these fora.. Many people I see will do what is necessary...if anybody has seen a loved one die the slow tortured death with this it focuses the mind a bit.

It's clear that the vaccine only is not enough to manage infections and its also clear that its effects start to wane after 5 to 6 months...so calendar timing of the jabs is material. Unfortunately the most needy were jabbed in the summer in the race to jabs.

As you said, I do however feel that this is a deliberate strategy to infect as many as possible now, before winter, so that there is a better level of natural immunity for most, when it is most needed. We are up to nearly 300k a week reported which won't include the growing number of those either not testing or not reporting positive lfts.

With the over 70s boosted and the more socially mobile under 30s with natural immunity, leaves the middle ages a bit more exposed...

All we can do is our best. Not sure pretending it's not there is in our best interests though.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Of course pandemics are natural.

We cannot restrict forever and Covid is going nowhere. We can lockdown for a year or 5, but as soon as we open up it's going tonbe there waiting.

Additionally, the longer we lockdown, wear masks and distance the worse our immune systems become at dealing with all the existing pathogens.

The ONLY reason for increasing restrictions is if health services cannotncope, and then only temporarily for the shortest time possible. "

Not sure anyone has said there should be restrictions forever. However it is obvious that if you have less infections there is going to be less strain if the NHS is needed for some of them. Letting it rip altogether will potentially put a strain on the NHS as there is more potential people needing treatment so will be defeating the object

Swings and roundabouts isn't it

By *udewhennudeMan  over a year ago

newport

"Are we saying there's a 6 months waiting list for booster.

I know people who have had it"

No it means that the gap between your 2nd vaccine and the booster should be 6 months, not that there is a 6 month waiting list.

Central

Live with making it worse A peculiar approach

You may not want a lot of things but if your behaviour is intent on making things worse, as well as not preventing it, so there's even a bit of balance, to mitigate the excesses, everyone suffers - and needlessly.

It illustrates how leaving things for those to decide optionally how to behave, is a poor approach, when many people are intent on rotting the chances of a better recovery

Central

"Are we saying there's a 6 months waiting list for booster.

I know people who have had it

No it means that the gap between your 2nd vaccine and the booster should be 6 months, not that there is a 6 month waiting list."

The NHS will let people book, once timing is right for them, ie 6 months after the 2nd dose is lapsing.

Manchester (she/her)

I think some mitigations - not lockdown, mitigations - would slow the spread.

I act accordingly.

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS  over a year ago

Carlisle

[Removed by poster at 19/10/21 11:54:20]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

"

You are reading it out of context and he too going by his answer.

Dying of covid is not something that happens every year like other deaths

Leeds

We, know the answer of course their to slow to react they always are

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"

I always thought a virus was natural ? "

You can naturally reduce the spread of the virus and minimise it’s consequences.

Part of the reason most European countries are doing better than us is because they have more effective measures in place.

Cumbria

"

Sadly around a 1000 a week are not being able to do that"

Still more died of another thing why not help Men with their mental health as lockdown bit little for them..

Manchester (she/her)

"

Still more died of another thing why not help Men with their mental health as lockdown bit little for them.."

The two aren't in any way mutually exclusive.

"

Dying of covid is not something that happens every year like other deaths"

It does now. And always will going forward.

Every cold and Flu virus that s people started this way.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Still more died of another thing why not help Men with their mental health as lockdown bit little for them.."

Why not help everyone? We shouldn't pick and choose who we want to live

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS  over a year ago

Carlisle

Cancer patients have been treated like s*** the vaccines don't even fully protect you the same with the flu vaccine. As if people fully trust the government they are liars!

Leeds

Goverment a disgrace

Highest death rate per 100 k in Western world

Tin town

"

Every cold and Flu virus that s people started this way."

Lets take another "natural" virus..

Norovirus... Do we take any actions to mitigate its spread? Indeed any illness where we can take simple measures to manage its spread... Not sure why we wanted take care not to spread it further.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Every cold and Flu virus that s people started this way."

Again, not quit what you were saying and what I was answering

You were saying it is natural to die of things and people die every day, I was pointing out this was above and beyond people who die every year

I don't think, like you that this will ever go away fully, but limiting it if we can while it is here is surely helping to keep it from overwhelming any services

"

Again, not quit what you were saying and what I was answering

You were saying it is natural to die of things and people die every day, I was pointing out this was above and beyond people who die every year

I don't think, like you that this will ever go away fully, but limiting it if we can while it is here is surely helping to keep it from overwhelming any services"

Firstly, that isn't what I was saying - I was saying that dying of Covid (and other Viruses) is natural. The death levels have been shrunk with vaccines already. We need to live with this now.

Secondly, this isn't going away at all. We can't limit it, ehe it's here because that would be forever.

This really is no different from the Spanish flu which appeared a century ago and is still killing people.

Lockdowns. Masks. Distancing. Events closed.

It all needs to stop and we need to accept the current mortality rates.

Because the only option is flipping in and out of restrictions forever. Which is not living.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

You said this

"The ONLY reason for increasing restrictions is if health services cannotncope, and then only temporarily for the shortest time possible."

Do you not think that having a few mitigations in place now when we are going into the winter will limit what you say would happen if health services cannot cope? We may get away with no closures if we try now?

"You said this

"The ONLY reason for increasing restrictions is if health services cannotncope, and then only temporarily for the shortest time possible."

Do you not think that having a few mitigations in place now when we are going into the winter will limit what you say would happen if health services cannot cope? We may get away with no closures if we try now?"

Disagree.

The rate it's spreading amongst youngsters there will be noone left to infect very soon.

I have kids in school and probably 75% have already had it.

"You said this

Do you not think that having a few mitigations in place now when we are going into the winter will limit what you say would happen if health services cannot cope? We may get away with no closures if we try now?"

Restricting in advance is the opposite of "only if and when and only for the shortest time possible"

I don't believe any restrictions will be required at all.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"You said this

Do you not think that having a few mitigations in place now when we are going into the winter will limit what you say would happen if health services cannot cope? We may get away with no closures if we try now?

Disagree.

The rate it's spreading amongst youngsters there will be noone left to infect very soon.

I have kids in school and probably 75% have already had it."

I suppose that was the intention. Lets hope it doesn't backfire

Terra Firma

I do not think we need to lockdown again, I think the numbers and reporting as probably lost its way with no real understanding of what is going on.

The link I have provided below takes you to the governments site for covid numbers across every area of the UK. If you use the + button you start to get a more detailed map, or simply put in your postcode and start from there.

I'm sharing this to highlight a few things and ask a question. The high number of green and light blue areas in London and Birmingham are completely out sync with the rest of the country. Are people actually reporting covid in our most congested cities or are they not having high numbers of covid? If they are not reporting covid cases what does that mean to the numbers that are being reported on, are they worth even looking at? Or, are our major cities doing something the rest of the country isn't to avoid covid?

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map/cases

Terra Firma

I should say no real understanding of covid numbers, we do have a good idea of hospitalisation and death numbers...

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

We still do and probably always will be a lot more cautious meeting others.

We still wear face coverings to protect others and social distance and sanitize regularly to protect ourselves without having to be told to do so.

It's not rocket science, it's not difficult and the small things make a difference for everyone.

xx

By *heNaturistCoupleCouple  over a year ago

crewe

There not mandating you not to wear a mask, your free to wear a mask and save lives if your of the opinion they actually make any difference.

Terra Firma

"We still do and probably always will be a lot more cautious meeting others.

We still wear face coverings to protect others and social distance and sanitize regularly to protect ourselves without having to be told to do so.

It's not rocket science, it's not difficult and the small things make a difference for everyone.

xx"

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

They cant just do everything at the drop of a hat.

they have to get their money laundering and back handering sorted first.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"You said this

Restricting in advance is the opposite of "only if and when and only for the shortest time possible"

I don't believe any restrictions will be required at all."

Hmm but if cases go up even further, it is likely people who may get it bad enough would need to go to Hospital ( not to die ) but to keep the services busy enough to stretch them. Higher the numbers of cases, means higher the risk of it happening.

Lets hope it doesn't happen, maybe there will be a miracle and it will just die down, but if it doesn't, lets hope the people who shouted to let it rip don't need a hospital bed when there is none left

Terra Firma

"You said this

I don't believe any restrictions will be required at all.

Hmm but if cases go up even further, it is likely people who may get it bad enough would need to go to Hospital ( not to die ) but to keep the services busy enough to stretch them. Higher the numbers of cases, means higher the risk of it happening.

Lets hope it doesn't happen, maybe there will be a miracle and it will just die down, but if it doesn't, lets hope the people who shouted to let it rip don't need a hospital bed when there is none left

"

What would you say if the actual numbers of people infected with covid was double the number that was being reported? Would it give you a sense that death and hospitalisation isn't as bad as you thought or worse than you thought?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

What would you say if the actual numbers of people infected with covid was double the number that was being reported? Would it give you a sense that death and hospitalisation isn't as bad as you thought or worse than you thought?"

I wouldn't think oh well that is not as many deaths as I thought so that is Ok no. Every death is personal to someone so we shouldn't dismiss it as a statistic

crewe

According to the BBC there's 7000 in hospital registered as PCR positive the UK health service has a capacity of 165,000 so that's about 3% of capacity in hospital with a PCR positive result.

"I think social distancing and masks should probably have stayed in for more environments, , as they help to lessen the potential for aerosol transmissions. Making them optional turned them to something never to do, for too many people. Aggressive people who push millimetres from you in shops are an example of the type of person who should likely be kept at the greatest distance, at all times.

For many people, switching transport, shops etc back to safer behaviour would be a good thing, as infections are too high. Winter will make things worse and it's clear there are too many selfish people who need to have constraints and restrictions to stop their dangerous behaviours, to protect the majority. I'm guessing that many of them refuse to get vaccinated too. "

crewe

"According to the BBC there's 7000 in hospital registered as PCR positive the UK health service has a capacity of 165,000 so that's about 3% of capacity in hospital with a PCR positive result."

Note: they haven't stipulated whether they're in there for covid or just tested positive for SARS while in there for something else.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"According to the BBC there's 7000 in hospital registered as PCR positive the UK health service has a capacity of 165,000 so that's about 3% of capacity in hospital with a PCR positive result."

We also have people in Hospital with other ailments, it seems we could be nearing a crisis point in some hospitals

Please read again my post I'm not asking for a "lockdown" but to avoid one.

You not wearing a mask your choice but if we all could not be bothered the situation would be much worse.

By *elinecdTV/TS  over a year ago

Nr Blackburn

"Goverment a disgrace

Highest death rate per 100 k in Western world"

Fake news, several countries have higher death rates per 100k than us

Manchester (she/her)

"According to the BBC there's 7000 in hospital registered as PCR positive the UK health service has a capacity of 165,000 so that's about 3% of capacity in hospital with a PCR positive result.

We also have people in Hospital with other ailments, it seems we could be nearing a crisis point in some hospitals

"

Yes, I read yesterday that all ambulance services are on the highest level of alert.

Covid might not be the only or primary reason, but it's a reason and it tends to lead to long stays - and uses a lot of resources and requires extra infection control.

I want to stop a lockdown, so I do my best to keep my germs to myself.

crewe

"According to the BBC there's 7000 in hospital registered as PCR positive the UK health service has a capacity of 165,000 so that's about 3% of capacity in hospital with a PCR positive result.

"

I'm not disagreeing that the hospital's aren't busy, they are, I'm simply pointing out that people testing positive for sars-cov2 is about 3% of capacity.

If we're making decisions based on the idea that sars-cov2 is causing the health service problems we really need to dig down deep on the data to see what those problems are!.

xx"

Good to read posts like this and I actually blame our government as many don't need an excuse not to wear a mask as many did break the law when it was the law. Having said that, nuber ten rarely leads by exmaple quite the opposite.

It's not rocket science that wearing a mask reduceds transmission and wearing it properly and a pp3 mak like they do in hospitals not only protectto a degree others wearing a mask and many that are not but it also protects the person wearing it.

Someone lives near us was anti masks big style realtively young they caught covid the whole family and the guy that bleated the hardest was actually anti masks is now suffering from long covid and half the person he was before.

Its like when you cough/sneeze most people that are socially adept will cover their mouth with a tissue etc and this reduces the spread of bugs, its just being sensible and caring, hence ustill wearing masks.

The other day as me and the Mrs walked into a supermarket some lowlives purposely coughed and we could tell by their smirks and then lol. Disgusting vile creatures we thought.

A big up to all those in the NHS and the public that are trying to keep this virus under control

crewe

xx

Good to read posts like this and I actually blame our government as many don't need an excuse not to wear a mask as many did break the law when it was the law. Having said that, nuber ten rarely leads by exmaple quite the opposite.

It's not rocket science that wearing a mask reduceds transmission and wearing it properly and a pp3 mak like they do in hospitals not only protectto a degree others wearing a mask and many that are not but it also protects the person wearing it.

Someone lives near us was anti masks big style realtively young they caught covid the whole family and the guy that bleated the hardest was actually anti masks is now suffering from long covid and half the person he was before.

Its like when you cough/sneeze most people that are socially adept will cover their mouth with a tissue etc and this reduces the spread of bugs, its just being sensible and caring, hence ustill wearing masks.

The other day as me and the Mrs walked into a supermarket some lowlives purposely coughed and we could tell by their smirks and then lol. Disgusting vile creatures we thought.

A big up to all those in the NHS and the public that are trying to keep this virus under control"

I think there's about 3 studies been done on masks, according to the data on those few studies there's no bias either way, possibly a fraction of 1% towards masks.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I'm not disagreeing that the hospital's aren't busy, they are, I'm simply pointing out that people testing positive for sars-cov2 is about 3% of capacity.

If we're making decisions based on the idea that sars-cov2 is causing the health service problems we really need to dig down deep on the data to see what those problems are!."

That's a different issue altogether. The fact it is on it's knees before all this is the big issue but it doesn't take away the fact that the more it is overwhelmed the more we will be in bother and going by the numbers reported it won't take much more to send it over the edge, not just with the number of beds but with exhausted staff who have been dealing with this for months. something may well give

"Goverment a disgrace

Fake news, several countries have higher death rates per 100k than us"

Absolutely. I don't know why people keep lying about this

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105

We are not even in the top half of Europe for deaths per 100,000

If we're making decisions based on the idea that sars-cov2 is causing the health service problems we really need to dig down deep on the data to see what those problems are!."

I saw it reported a few months back that over 40% of people in hospital 'with Covid' were not actually being treated for it - they were there for other issues.

If that still holds true today, then the Covid burden in hospitals is nowhere near 2% of patients.

Cumbria

"You said this

They will need to find away as they have do in the past with flu it's there job..

By *elinecdTV/TS  over a year ago

Nr Blackburn

[Removed by poster at 19/10/21 13:39:52]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yes, I read yesterday that all ambulance services are on the highest level of alert.

Covid might not be the only or primary reason, but it's a reason and it tends to lead to long stays - and uses a lot of resources and requires extra infection control.

I want to stop a lockdown, so I do my best to keep my germs to myself."

Yep, us too

It sounds like some people ( not just on here ) think getting back to "normal" will work out , but sadly it may not and then they will be complaining about a lockdown if it happens. If we were all a bit sensible in what we are doing it may not get to that at all

crewe

If we're making decisions based on the idea that sars-cov2 is causing the health service problems we really need to dig down deep on the data to see what those problems are!.

That's a different issue altogether. The fact it is on it's knees before all this is the big issue but it doesn't take away the fact that the more it is overwhelmed the more we will be in bother and going by the numbers reported it won't take much more to send it over the edge, not just with the number of beds but with exhausted staff who have been dealing with this for months. something may well give"

Some members of sage actually said there'd like to get thru as many cases as possible before January to march next year which is the usual time for flu epidemics, you tend to get colds and norovirus type ailments October thru to December which causes less problems.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think they said get through as many as possible from "freedom day" to the start of winter

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"

Lets take another "natural" virus..

Norovirus... Do we take any actions to mitigate its spread? Indeed any illness where we can take simple measures to manage its spread... Not sure why we wanted take care not to spread it further. "

We did. Our school was closed due to so many students getting sick.

Also, when Hep A went around my children's school back in the 90s the school was closed for 3 days for a deep clean and to reduce infections.

crewe

"I think they said get through as many as possible from "freedom day" to the start of winter"

The start of winter is December the 21st

crewe

I've had a quick check thru hospitalisations for last two months with cases varying from 25-45k.

It's bounced between 5000 to 7500 hospitalisations.

"You said this

They will need to find away as they have do in the past with flu it's there job.."

You truly have zero idea do you. Comparing the strain placed on the NHS during the peak of flu season to a surge in covid patients is failure of intellect at the lowest of levels.

We’ll cope… same as last time, by working 16 hour days, closing all but emergency surgical wards and drafting their nursing staff to man overstretched ICU’s. No doubt you can then moan about the operation on your big toe etc having a two year waiting list.

Already get dirty looks when out & about in my mask especially in the supermarket.

Hardly anyone uses the hand sanitisers supplied at shop doors or keeps distance when queuing. With many it's like nothing ever happened! Fools.

It's time to get on with life and forget about covid it's going nowhere so just deal with it been here

Cookstown

"It's time to get on with life and forget about covid it's going nowhere so just deal with it been here"

That's the attitude that fills hospitals.

It's time to move on and live with it in a responsible manner and that's not by "forgetting it"

Manchester (she/her)

"Already get dirty looks when out & about in my mask especially in the supermarket.

Hardly anyone uses the hand sanitisers supplied at shop doors or keeps distance when queuing. With many it's like nothing ever happened! Fools.

"

Dirty look standard. Being shouted at occasionally. *Shrug*

"It's time to get on with life and forget about covid it's going nowhere so just deal with it been here

It's time to move on and live with it in a responsible manner and that's not by "forgetting it""

Yep, totally agree. No harm still taking precautions! Unfortunately until it all goes downhill again these people will never learn.

"Already get dirty looks when out & about in my mask especially in the supermarket.

Dirty look standard. Being shouted at occasionally. *Shrug*"

I'm lucky, I'm not the sort they shout at, dirty look is all they dare, anymore & they might regret it!

Manchester (she/her)

Dirty look standard. Being shouted at occasionally. *Shrug*

I'm lucky, I'm not the sort they shout at, dirty look is all they dare, anymore & they might regret it! "

My bite is worse than my bark, so people think I'm a soft touch. (I ignore them unless they persist. Jesus Christ mind your own business, people. If we're in personal responsibility mode, then you mind your responsibility and I'll mind mine. I do mean in person)

"

Same here and worse and i reiterate what i posted earlier 'went to supermarket we were wearing a mask and these two misfits coughed and laughed and made some snide comments' - we dind about 20% are wearing them rarely go out etc to enclosed psaces but i guess we go late in the day for odds and ends when more likeminded people go to avoid the crowrds and this is why we are seeing about 20% wearing masks.

i also posted about a family near where we live they were totally ant masks and they all got covid and one of the clowns is half of what he was since as they are telling people he has long covid.

London

"It's time to get on with life and forget about covid it's going nowhere so just deal with it been here

It's time to move on and live with it in a responsible manner and that's not by "forgetting it""

“…….. It's time to move on and live with it in a *responsible manner* and that's not by forgetting it…..”

—————————

This ^^^

That’s the correct approach

Manchester (she/her)

Same here and worse and i reiterate what i posted earlier 'went to supermarket we were wearing a mask and these two misfits coughed and laughed and made some snide comments' - we dind about 20% are wearing them rarely go out etc to enclosed psaces but i guess we go late in the day for odds and ends when more likeminded people go to avoid the crowrds and this is why we are seeing about 20% wearing masks.

i also posted about a family near where we live they were totally ant masks and they all got covid and one of the clowns is half of what he was since as they are telling people he has long covid."

People are weird.

Pandemic virus. Haha so funny. Height of comedy. Stop stop, my sides hurt from laughing so hard

Tin town

xx"

And that's it... Its not difficult... It doesn't need to be a drama or politicised.. Just common sense. Like popping an overcoat on the little general when having sex with strangers... Just sensible.

By *pellboundCouple  over a year ago

Derby and North Wales

Agreed

Stop reading all the media frenzy, get on and enjoy your lives

By *hatterbox 2Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

the ones who posted this are preaching about safety n masks but still meeting yes maybe wearing a mask but come on get real

Tin town

Well exactly... If the above is true we need to ask why covid is still being trotted out as the reason why phones go unanswered... Appts take forever and access to services or pretty much non existant in many cases.

"Goverment a disgrace

Highest death rate per 100 k in Western world"

We are one of the most unhealthy and obese countries in the world aswell

Instead of blaming the goverment how about we start taking some personal responsability for our health.. If I get seriously ill from covid im not blaming Boris, im not blaming the un-vaccinated or somone not wearing a mask. Im blaming the fact i am unhealthy,overweight and a smoker.

Some of you need a bit of self reflection i think and stop thinking the Goverment is there to save you from yourselves like infants

Tin town

"Goverment a disgrace

Instead of blaming the goverment how about we start taking some personal responsability for our health.. If I get seriously ill from covid im not blaming Boris, im not blaming the un-vaccinated or somone not wearing a mask. Im blaming the fact i am unhealthy,overweight and a smoker.

Some of you need a bit of self reflection i think and stop thinking the Goverment is there to save you from yourselves like infants"

Manchester (she/her)

"Goverment a disgrace

Some of you need a bit of self reflection i think and stop thinking the Goverment is there to save you from yourselves like infants"

What, like wearing a mask?

Cookstown

"the ones who posted this are preaching about safety n masks but still meeting yes maybe wearing a mask but come on get real "

Different kettle of fish

Very sick people go to work and Tesco and spread germs and they are the ones that SHOULD be wearing face coverings but probably don't as they don't want others knowing they are sick.

Very sick people rarely meet for sex.

By *tue555Man  over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

[Removed by poster at 19/10/21 17:17:15]

Passed Beyond Reach

The number of infections is finite, it can't keep rising for ever as the infections peak it will naturally start to fall and probably quite quickly. Sadly there will be casualties but the vaccination program is keeping this down.

When people start dying of other infections (super colds, or simple chest infections, pneumonia) because of lack of imunity due to lockdowns then every will be moaning about that.

As has been said you can do your part, wearing masks in enclosed places, washing and sanitising, social distancing. But but that requires people to have a social conscience - like thats going to happen.

Just people are going to use whatever the government does to have a pop at them as it makes them feel better

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I think they said get through as many as possible from "freedom day" to the start of winter

The start of winter is December the 21st"

Sorry thought you said Jan

I have just been reading a paper that says even a 1 degree drop in temp from the norm gets a flurry of people into Hospital with various ailments even in October and November..lets hope for a mild couple of months

crewe

"I think they said get through as many as possible from "freedom day" to the start of winter

I have just been reading a paper that says even a 1 degree drop in temp from the norm gets a flurry of people into Hospital with various ailments even in October and November..lets hope for a mild couple of months"

No sorry I said January and February are the normal months for flu epidemics hence one of the reasons that sage wanted higher cases in autumn in the hope that you can outrun the high cases before January and the onset of the normal flu and cold outbreaks.

By *andlingswingersCouple  over a year ago

Woodbridge

"Thank you. I think things are bad already tbh. But fuck all I can do about it other than keep my potential germs to myself."

But doing that is a huge thing you CAN do about it. The massive increase in infections in the UK lately is specifically because people are not wearing masks and are not social distancing. There aren't any new strains and is entirely down to individuals' behaviour.

Tin town

I have just been reading a paper that says even a 1 degree drop in temp from the norm gets a flurry of people into Hospital with various ailments even in October and November..lets hope for a mild couple of months"

Which is interesting as if it's too mild we get bugs doing the rounds because they aren't being killed off.... Or is that an urban myth.?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Oh gawd,either way we look stuffed then if that's the case

crewe

I have just been reading a paper that says even a 1 degree drop in temp from the norm gets a flurry of people into Hospital with various ailments even in October and November..lets hope for a mild couple of months

Which is interesting as if it's too mild we get bugs doing the rounds because they aren't being killed off.... Or is that an urban myth.? "

It's not the temperature it's the UV, cold days give you clearer skies and more UV, milder days cloudier and less UV.

But then you can factor in that cold gives you ice and snow and hypothermia and car crashes etc etc.

Either way it tends to come in the winter months of January, February and march.

Manchester (she/her)

"Thank you. I think things are bad already tbh. But fuck all I can do about it other than keep my potential germs to myself.

But doing that is a huge thing you CAN do about it. The massive increase in infections in the UK lately is specifically because people are not wearing masks and are not social distancing. There aren't any new strains and is entirely down to individuals' behaviour."

Thank you.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Which is interesting as if it's too mild we get bugs doing the rounds because they aren't being killed off.... Or is that an urban myth.? "

I can't put the link in but this is a few lines of it

If you google for winter season for NHS it is the top hit

"While it is a given that the outside temperature will drop in winter, the impact of cold weather on people's health is not restricted to the months of December to February, and the temperature does not need to get very cold either.

Moderately cold weather (when the average daily temperature falls below between 5–8oC) has a significant impact on people's health. Each 1oC drop in average daily temperature below this level results in around 4% increase in death rates in England. On average, there are 64 days of moderately cold weather – where the mean daily temperature falls below 5oC – each year in England. These days occur between October and April (see chart below)."

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

No

Everything will be absolutely fine

Just get on with living

Central

"The number of infections is finite, it can't keep rising for ever as the infections peak it will naturally start to fall and probably quite quickly. Sadly there will be casualties but the vaccination program is keeping this down.

When people start dying of other infections (super colds, or simple chest infections, pneumonia) because of lack of imunity due to lockdowns then every will be moaning about that.

As has been said you can do your part, wearing masks in enclosed places, washing and sanitising, social distancing. But but that requires people to have a social conscience - like thats going to happen.

Just people are going to use whatever the government does to have a pop at them as it makes them feel better"

I think it's somewhat natural for people to apportion responsibility, or even blame elsewhere, when they feel somewhat powerless, which has been the case for the best part of 2 years now. There's been an overwhelm of uncertainty, stress etc, which influences people to try to project/externalise onto others.

My take on things is that the government to a great extent washed its hands of the virus in July. And they will resist doing anything else. So we will be late, yet again, if we do change anything

crewe

"Goverment a disgrace

Sadly we're so wrapped up in mask mandates, six foot distancing and over funding under funding the NHS to see the obvious and that is we're a deeply unhealthy country, also sadly I think making lazy People exercise, lose weight and closing down just eat is probably against there human rights .

Central

"No

Just get on with living"

Unless you die, then there's no chance of that

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

"I still wear a mask and have minimised social contacts again.

IMO, it is sensible to act before things turn very, very nasty again and wearing a mask shows imo we are caring about others as this is what the sceience is saying and if most wore masks, we keep most of our freedoms, safer etc.

Good to hear from you."

All good and well to wear masks in public but how does someone keep their distance when you're playing?

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"No

Just get on with living

Unless you die, then there's no chance of that "

everyone dies at some point …

Live for the moment

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 19/10/21 21:01:49]

Manchester (she/her)

"No

Just get on with living

Live for the moment "

In this moment I don't want to make others sick

And the next

And the next

And the next

In future moments I want to be able to say that I didn't hurt anyone

I'm living in the moment with my mask on

crewe

"No

Just get on with living

Live for the moment

In this moment I don't want to make others sick

And the next

And the next

And the next

In future moments I want to be able to say that I didn't hurt anyone

I'm living in the moment with my mask on "

It's a noble position that I think we all agree you should be free to pursue and personally I wish you well with.

By *ripodius WillyusMan  over a year ago

Colne

I am having a triple day tomorrow staples all 52 out of operation on leg full length of thigh not then shortly after flu and covid booster getting all done same time makes sense to me

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Ive never stop wearimg mask and people look at me weird but its my safety "

It isn’t about your safety unless you have very high spec masks, mask wearing is about the safety of those around you Keep it up

Tin town

And for those interested... A new mutation of delta being "observed"...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58965650

"And for those interested... A new mutation of delta being "observed"...

"

Nice Try.

"Experts say it is unlikely to take off in a big way or escape current vaccines.

It is not yet considered a variant of concern, or a variant under investigation - the categories assigned to variants and the level of risk associated with them."

"the ones who posted this are preaching about safety n masks but still meeting yes maybe wearing a mask but come on get real "

By *ich0103Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Unfortunately, there are way too many ‘thick’ people amongst us. Most people around these parts abandoned the mask as soon as it became optional. Like teenagers released from having to follow rules by parents, once the restrictions ended, people flooded out to mix, without a care for themselves or others.

We are a nation of people who cannot be trusted to act responsibly; if we were, then common sense would prevail and people would be cautious.

Look at the city centres (particularly on Friday / Sat nights), the shopping precincts, the supermarkets etc. Masks are few and far between.

I do find it helpful in some respect; it has become easier to distinguish between stupid people and those with intelligence… the latter can be easily spotted with masks.

Tin town

"And for those interested... A new mutation of delta being "observed"...

Nice Try.

"Experts say it is unlikely to take off in a big way or escape current vaccines.

It is not yet considered a variant of concern, or a variant under investigation - the categories assigned to variants and the level of risk associated with them.""

That's why I said being observed. Well actually the report said thta and I cut and pasted it.

"Unfortunately, there are way too many ‘thick’ people amongst us. Most people around these parts abandoned the mask as soon as it became optional. Like teenagers released from having to follow rules by parents, once the restrictions ended, people flooded out to mix, without a care for themselves or others.

We are a nation of people who cannot be trusted to act responsibly; if we were, then common sense would prevail and people would be cautious.

Look at the city centres (particularly on Friday / Sat nights), the shopping precincts, the supermarkets etc. Masks are few and far between.

I do find it helpful in some respect; it has become easier to distinguish between stupid people and those with intelligence… the latter can be easily spotted with masks.

"

Ah, the old Brexit Argument. "People who think differently are all thick".

So since these people flooded the streets at weekends, what has happened to infection numbers? (I'll give you a clue - very little)

I'd rather be called Thick by the likes of you than be a finger-pointing fearmonger for the rest of my life.

Just because some of your risk tolerance levels are at or around zero, in the real world we have a more balanced outlook.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

It’s pretty obvious by now that:

1) The Govt always wanted to pursue herd immunity but got spooked (would say shamed but doubt it with this unselfaware lot).

2) They always delay to give themselves and their chums enough time to work out how they can monetise the situation for their own benefit.

We can only take personal responsibility and be sensible yo minimise our personal risk profiles. We’re on our own folks!

Brighton

"No

Just get on with living

Live for the moment "

Different folks/strokes but I (Mr) was very much “live for the moment” in my teens/20s/early 30s doing all manner of bucket list things and then...

I had kids!

Suddenly I have someone who depends on me for food, clothing, shelter, love and security. My risk appetite dropped dramatically!

"It’s pretty obvious by now that:

1) The Govt always wanted to pursue herd immunity but got spooked (would say shamed but doubt it with this unselfaware lot).

2) They always delay to give themselves and their chums enough time to work out how they can monetise the situation for their own benefit.

We can only take personal responsibility and be sensible yo minimise our personal risk profiles. We’re on our own folks! "

London

We can only take personal responsibility and be sensible yo minimise our personal risk profiles. We’re on our own folks! "

True

Tin town

I'm not convinced they always wanted to pursue herd immunity. I think they have for the last 6 or so months (since javed took over) Before that I'm not sure they had any strategy at all. I suspect at one point they were of the opinion that "we" (because its still us who spread it) could keep infection numbers down. I think the race to infect as many as possible before winter is a javed idea.

Passed Beyond Reach

"Goverment a disgrace

Some of you need a bit of self reflection i think and stop thinking the Goverment is there to save you from yourselves like infants

Sadly we're so wrapped up in mask mandates, six foot distancing and over funding under funding the NHS to see the obvious and that is we're a deeply unhealthy country, also sadly I think making lazy People exercise, lose weight and closing down just eat is probably against there human rights .

"

This is very true, we have some of the highest cases of obesity. We are are a pie and pint, fast food culture, like the states. Unhealthy culture, don't exercise enough. Sure people are back to driving everywhere, reduced walking and cycling.

Im just as guilty although, enjoy pint or two, wine, but try and eat healthy. But curry always goes down well. Try to persue heathy activities, unfortunately which end in the pub

Then you have poor footballers, atheletes have heart attacks. Good excuse for not exercising.

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

just had a new recruit at work he is not vaccinated & has not been made to take a test. he is a real risk to the rest of us. company's & the government need to start taking covid seriously

Passed Beyond Reach

We can only take personal responsibility and be sensible yo minimise our personal risk profiles. We’re on our own folks!

I'm not convinced they always wanted to pursue herd immunity. I think they have for the last 6 or so months (since javed took over) Before that I'm not sure they had any strategy at all. I suspect at one point they were of the opinion that "we" (because its still us who spread it) could keep infection numbers down. I think the race to infect as many as possible before winter is a javed idea.

"

Herd imunity is a tried and tested scientific process and model. But like any process/model it needs to meet a set of strict criteria. But covid nobody really knew and it didn’t fit so the model didn't work. But what hopefully has been learned over the past two years man help to reset the herd imunity model.

Yes academics have modeled outbreaks, films have been made but it is all theory and based on knowledge at the time.

Its like sex, you can have all the theory, and porn but it counts for very little in reality.

Ask all the sexperts on FAB

After all they probably watched the bendover and debbie does instructional videos

crewe

"just had a new recruit at work he is not vaccinated & has not been made to take a test. he is a real risk to the rest of us. company's & the government need to start taking covid seriously "

A real risk? Seriously!.

Do you happen to know the risk for being hospitalitised for a 60-69 year old who catches covid?.

It's 17 per 100k

Tin town

"just had a new recruit at work he is not vaccinated & has not been made to take a test. he is a real risk to the rest of us. company's & the government need to start taking covid seriously "

A risk to you and the rest of you in what way?

Tin town

Herd imunity is a tried and tested scientific process and model. But like any process/model it needs to meet a set of strict criteria. But covid nobody really knew and it didn’t fit so the model didn't work. But what hopefully has been learned over the past two years man help to reset the herd imunity model.

Yes academics have modeled outbreaks, films have been made but it is all theory and based on knowledge at the time.

Its like sex, you can have all the theory, and porn but it counts for very little in reality.

Ask all the sexperts on FAB

After all they probably watched the bendover and debbie does instructional videos "

If I was putting myself out there as an expert... I'd make sure that for the virus I was fighting, what the duration of any immunity may be... And how or even if herd immunity could be achieved. Its not hard. Just because a technique works for one organism doesnt imply it works for all organisms. It's pretty basic stuff. Don't assume. Especially with a brand new disease. The first defence is don't catch it. Not... Let everyone catch it and we will see what happens and wing it while we wait to find some science to justify our choices.

"just had a new recruit at work he is not vaccinated & has not been made to take a test. he is a real risk to the rest of us. company's & the government need to start taking covid seriously

A real risk? Seriously!.

Do you happen to know the risk for being hospitalitised for a 60-69 year old who catches covid?.

It's 17 per 100k"

isnt that risk of someone being hospitalised in a week for a given age. Rather than risk per 100k cases?

From eyeballing the surveillance report it looks like c 2pc of cases become hospitalised if your are vaccinated and c 10pc if you are unvaxx.

By *isspurplechesterWoman  over a year ago

Chester

In my area the majority are still masked in public spaces, cars drive past me daily containing one masked human inside! I have never worn a mask as I have a genuine mask exemption, and therefore can’t! I continue to wear my lanyard, and still receive nasty comments daily for not wearing a mask, although I am respectful to everyone! Five minutes ago a lady rolled her eyes at me in an outdoor space, she had three layers of masks on!

I just don’t get it really, I have to be honest! And I don’t mean this in a sarky way at all, I’m genuinely interested in others views, but if people believe that masks make a difference, and being fully vaccinated makes a difference, and they have ticked both of those boxes, then I don’t get why there’s still discussion on it! Surely there is a level of trust in those things if you’ve chosen it? If everyone can catch and spread no matter what their status is, then does it make much of a difference? It’s all so confusing, I have one child in school who has to wear a mask on transport to school, walking around school, but not within the classroom or canteen, and when outside of school does not need to wear a mask due to her age, and another child who has to wear a mask at all times during her outdoor classes but at no other times, she is mask exempt but has lost her lanyard so is not allowed to class without a mask as college rules have changed this week! I just find it all bizarre, conflicting and confusing! I hope my dyslexic rambling makes sense?

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

"just had a new recruit at work he is not vaccinated & has not been made to take a test. he is a real risk to the rest of us. company's & the government need to start taking covid seriously

A real risk? Seriously!.

It's 17 per 100kisnt that risk of someone being hospitalised in a week for a given age. Rather than risk per 100k cases?

From eyeballing the surveillance report it looks like c 2pc of cases become hospitalised if your are vaccinated and c 10pc if you are unvaxx.

"

The vaccination is far from 100% so the more you come into contact with infected people the higher the risk, unvaccinated people are more lightly to be infected. I have had covid it was unpleasant & I dont want it again, I was not hospitalized but have heart problems so dont want to take unnecessary risks.

Tin town

A real risk? Seriously!.

It's 17 per 100kisnt that risk of someone being hospitalised in a week for a given age. Rather than risk per 100k cases?

The vaccination is far from 100% so the more you come into contact with infected people the higher the risk, unvaccinated people are more lightly to be infected. I have had covid it was unpleasant & I dont want it again, I was not hospitalized but have heart problems so dont want to take unnecessary risks. "

I can understand you being risk averse.i am too. And agree with your thoughts on more contacts more risk. But where are you getting any info that unvaccinated people are more likely to be infected? If you look at the rates of infection per 100k in the weekly surveillance report in each age group you can satisfy yourself.

Brighton

Not having to take a test is pretty negligent and I think THAT is the primary factor here, not them being unvaccinated.

They are actually at more risk from you as they don’t have c.90% protection against developing a serious illness from infection like you. You and other vaccinated people can still carry and transmit. In fact, because you are less likely to get seriously ill, it means you are more likely to not know you are infected and carry on as normal!

I am struggling to understand why vaccinated people are so scared of unvaccinated people?

"I am struggling to understand why vaccinated people are so scared of unvaccinated people? "

Vaccinated people can still transmit, but it's extremely unlikely with social distancing etc because a large part of transmission is the symptoms.

That is why vaccinated people are worried about the unvaccinated.

Brighton

"I am struggling to understand why vaccinated people are so scared of unvaccinated people?

Vaccinated people can still transmit, but it's extremely unlikely with social distancing etc because a large part of transmission is the symptoms.

That is why vaccinated people are worried about the unvaccinated."

Not sure I get you. Social distancing isn’t the preserve of the vaccinated?

Are you talking about viral load and the hope (not yet conclusively proven) that vaccinated people when infected carry/emit less virus compared to unvaccinated?

That might be true (again not sure we know that for certain yet) but it ignores the point I was making...

If you are vaccinated you have a 90% chance of being less ill. So you carry on regardless.

Unvaccinated are more likely to get badly ill so more likely to have symptoms therefore more likely to get tested and isolate as they feel crap.

Tin town

Not having to take a test is pretty negligent and I think THAT is the primary factor here, not them being unvaccinated.

They are actually at more risk from you as they don’t have c.90% protection against developing a serious illness from infection like you. You and other vaccinated people can still carry and transmit. In fact, because you are less likely to get seriously ill, it means you are more likely to not know you are infected and carry on as normal!

I am struggling to understand why vaccinated people are so scared of unvaccinated people? "

Me too. But I think that beast gets fed a lot, deliberately so. It now has a life of its own... Like the candy man. You only have to look at the deliberately "clumsy" language used in adverts etc.

As I said we dont want a lockdown but to avoid one, we need to get the masks in place in enclosed areas and speed up the vacs. People were calling into a talk radio station citing how they cant get one and saying the government was "misleading" about the "slow take up of vacs" as it was not the case

The Gov needs to speed up and act now re mask wearing etc so we can avoid a lockdown etc

Sadly this govs track record is lame like bolting the door after a million horses have bolted.

The Gov will at some point blame the scientists, new "variants" and blame everyone other than themselves.

Manchester (she/her)

"As I said we dont want a lockdown but to avoid one, we need to get the masks in place in enclosed areas and speed up the vacs. People were calling into a talk radio station citing how they cant get one and saying the government was "misleading" about the "slow take up of vacs" as it was not the case

The Gov needs to speed up and act now re mask wearing etc so we can avoid a lockdown etc

Sadly this govs track record is lame like bolting the door after a million horses have bolted.

The Gov will at some point blame the scientists, new "variants" and blame everyone other than themselves.

"

And right now they're saying they don't have to listen to Sage.

If it all goes to more shit they'll pretend they never said it.

By *aretobareCouple  over a year ago

Central Portugal

We left the Uk due to utter incompetence and the mortality rate and it appears they are keeping it up and actually aiming to destroy the country one block at a time, NHS, Supply chain, fuel and the list goes on. SO glad we can watch Rome burn from afar.

I do not blame the Tories alone as the importent leader of the labour party is too scared to say anyhting of substance just in case it make him look bad. He is supposed to be the oppisistion and seek answers to questions millions are asking, IE why does this govn never learn and alwsy blames everyone else.

Are gov ministers just too busy looking after themselves etc whilst loved ones go sick etc and loves ones on the NHS front lines, front lines of social carers and shop staff, bust drivers, those that work with the public.

Who is going to hold this lot accountable?

I fear another fiasco by this BJ & Co.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

A real risk? Seriously!.

It's 17 per 100k"

Only 17 hospitalisations from every 100,000 infections in the 60-69 group? I’m calling bullshit on that. We are seeing 700 people hospitalised a day right now...

Is it not possible for you to take some responsibility for yourself?

I'm all for masks and social distancing to be kept, but not for lockdown.

In Wales you still have to wear masks indoors, which people coming over from elsewhere don't seem to realise and are getting pretty shitty about it when challenged.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

I'm still busy at work with the D10.

Face mask on, all day at work and even with a cold no one has caught it from me.

Apologies to Miss devil though. Get well soon.

It isn't about live life & fuck it we're all gonna die one day. God what a selfish arrogant attitude.

Yes carry on getting on with life, after all we can't just stop but anyone with common sense will still take precautions, mask up, use the hand, basket & trolley sprays supplied at shops, keep a distance & everything else we should do.

No it may not stop it but at least make the effort of some prevention in spreading it. If we don't then we're just asking for trouble & those who don't will be the first to moan when real tougher restrictions start or worse, another lockdown! You'll be partly to blame for contributing to it.

So show a bit of sense & make some effort. It really doesn't take that much. No-one is immune, even you!

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Yes, very likely!

» Add a new message to this topic