FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Lockdown, but only for the unvaccinated.

Lockdown, but only for the unvaccinated.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The Austrian government has said that they are considering further lockdowns, but only for the unvaccinated. If you haven't had the vaccine, would you change your mind and get the jabs if the UK did this?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

"The Austrian government has said that they are considering further lockdowns, but only for the unvaccinated. If you haven't had the vaccine, would you change your mind and get the jabs if the UK did this?"

How could that be policed though??

By *ugehandsMan  over a year ago

Fife/ Newcastle

"The Austrian government has said that they are considering further lockdowns, but only for the unvaccinated. If you haven't had the vaccine, would you change your mind and get the jabs if the UK did this?"

Vaccines should not be manditory if people choose not to participate then its thier freedom of choice, and for a democratically elected government to coherse and threaten people with restricted liberty is so wrong.

Nicola Sturgeon is doing similar with Covid passports where people can't go to a football match or concert without being double vaccinated but they can work in nursing homes. Figure that one out?

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

"The Austrian government has said that they are considering further lockdowns, but only for the unvaccinated. If you haven't had the vaccine, would you change your mind and get the jabs if the UK did this?

Vaccines should not be manditory if people choose not to participate then its thier freedom of choice, and for a democratically elected government to coherse and threaten people with restricted liberty is so wrong.

Nicola Sturgeon is doing similar with Covid passports where people can't go to a football match or concert without being double vaccinated but they can work in nursing homes. Figure that one out? "

It is illegal not to vote in Australia you get a draconian increasing civil penalty for non compliance proper crazy nazi stuff.

"The Austrian government has said that they are considering further lockdowns, but only for the unvaccinated. If you haven't had the vaccine, would you change your mind and get the jabs if the UK did this?

Nicola Sturgeon is doing similar with Covid passports where people can't go to a football match or concert without being double vaccinated but they can work in nursing homes. Figure that one out?

It is illegal not to vote in Australia you get a draconian increasing civil penalty for non compliance proper crazy nazi stuff."

Austria

How could that be policed though??"

I don't know, none of the articles I read specify how. I guess if they have more police on the streets than we do, stop and check?

dudley

It is illegal not to vote in Australia you get a draconian increasing civil penalty for non compliance proper crazy nazi stuff.

Austria "

You know when you look and you read something else.... no ... I need to stop scanning text . Thanks for the correction

By *antona33Man  over a year ago

collon

I don't know, none of the articles I read specify how. I guess if they have more police on the streets than we do, stop and check?"

will it be back to the nazis and the Jews wearing Star of David ? Something like that

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

Nicola Sturgeon is doing similar with Covid passports where people can't go to a football match or concert without being double vaccinated but they can work in nursing homes. Figure that one out? "

Do my freedoms allow me to piss on people or do them harm, no.... if you want a society rather than a mass of individuals when have to work and act with some common interests

By *mnipotent_BehemothMan  over a year ago

near Merry Hill shopping centre

The French have a system where a spoilt vote counts as a non vote so can block the election where someone can’t get across the line, it’s not a bad idea if you only get shit offered by all parties. I wouldn’t mind compulsory voting if you could vote for non of the above.

By *otswoldguy911Man  over a year ago

gloucestershire

Riots on the streets

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Just bought our Grey suits and Red book happy days

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There have been fuller lockdowns, so restricting a minority, at a cost to all people, is cheaper - though avoidable.

Restrictions are used to protect people. The other tool that we have are vaccines. We take our pick. The umvaccinated can propose a workable solution but just restrictions or vaccines have been proven to work. Many restrictions/adaptations are very simple, such as mask wearing. To want all freedoms but to resist doing anything to earn it, whilst others pay for you to get everything for nothingz is unfair

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

The vaccinated can still spread it, being vaccinated helps the hospitals as less of a chance ending up there, if you can`t have the vaccine for some reason then social distancing and mask should be ok but still risky.

I would prefer to be locked down, for peace of mind.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

If I was unvaccinated the UK govt doing this would make me MORE likely to stay unvaccinated.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

If I was unvaccinated the UK govt doing this would make me MORE likely to stay unvaccinated."

Why?...this would just mean you would be wanting to be locked down.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Absolute joke!

Feel for those people pushed into it....

UK would never dare to do this!

Thank fuck!

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Nope

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Nope"

and I’m vaccine free

No and the government can go fuck themselves.

this has gone too far.

anyone complying with this should be ashamed of themselves. What next? anyone who hasnt had their booster must be locked down?

Anyone who agrees with this is seriously sick in the head and should be put in a mental asylum.

Those who chose not to comply with mandatory vaccinations must be locked up like caged animals forever?

Fuck Off.

"The French have a system where a spoilt vote counts as a non vote so can block the election where someone can’t get across the line, it’s not a bad idea if you only get shit offered by all parties. I wouldn’t mind compulsory voting if you could vote for non of the above."

Even though this doesn’t appear as an option in the UK you can cross out all parties with two lines and write none of the above. If the majority done this it is said a Government can’t not form. When the last vote was to be cast last year even MSM was informing people how to correctly vote NOTA.

"The vaccinated can still spread it, being vaccinated helps the hospitals as less of a chance ending up there, if you can`t have the vaccine for some reason then social distancing and mask should be ok but still risky.

I would prefer to be locked down, for peace of mind. "

Stay indoors then?

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"The French have a system where a spoilt vote counts as a non vote so can block the election where someone can’t get across the line, it’s not a bad idea if you only get shit offered by all parties. I wouldn’t mind compulsory voting if you could vote for non of the above."

In all cases where it is compulsory to vote, it is perfectly acceptable to spoil your ballot... and many do.

Personally, I think it should be mandatory for uk citizens to vote in general elections. It is pathetic when less than half of those eligible bother to turn out and cast their vote. There should always be an option for "non of the above". Most of those that don't vote are not "refusing" they just can't be bothered... they still want to express their opinion though.

Cal

By *lwaysup4it69Couple  over a year ago

Kirkby in Ashfield

I am all for freedom of choice, but as someone who was hospitalised with covid pneumonia and thought they was going to die, I am a big supporter of the vaccine. I never want to experience anything like it ever again. Sean

"The French have a system where a spoilt vote counts as a non vote so can block the election where someone can’t get across the line, it’s not a bad idea if you only get shit offered by all parties. I wouldn’t mind compulsory voting if you could vote for non of the above.

Even though this doesn’t appear as an option in the UK you can cross out all parties with two lines and write none of the above. If the majority done this it is said a Government can’t not form. When the last vote was to be cast last year even MSM was informing people how to correctly vote NOTA. "

"It is said" by whom? Because it isn't true.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Stay indoors then?"

Simple !

The people who want to be locked down still expect others to be at risk, those who keep our power and water supplies going, our NHS, our supermarket deliveries, our post etc

Scunthorpe

"The French have a system where a spoilt vote counts as a non vote so can block the election where someone can’t get across the line, it’s not a bad idea if you only get shit offered by all parties. I wouldn’t mind compulsory voting if you could vote for non of the above.

Even though this doesn’t appear as an option in the UK you can cross out all parties with two lines and write none of the above. If the majority done this it is said a Government can’t not form. When the last vote was to be cast last year even MSM was informing people how to correctly vote NOTA.

"

Any ballot that isn't correctly marked with a cross in the box is asked as "spoiled" and won't be counted. There us no need for a "none of the above"

I don't know, none of the articles I read specify how. I guess if they have more police on the streets than we do, stop and check?"

Most countries laws rely on consent, reason being they are acts passed in parliament. In the uk we have the law of the land (common law) not to be confused with common interest or common purpose which is Marxist rhetoric. Common law = do no harm cause no loss. Other than that a victim is required for a crime to have taken place. Anything other than that comes under maritime law which relies on your consent. Although this is so due to the corruption and lack of understanding or upholding of law by actors involved including, police, magistrates and judges it is rare it’s upheld. It’s linked to allowing one’s self to be dealt with as a corporate entity and not the living man/woman.

No.

"It is said" by whom? Because it isn't true."

As It was put ‘it is said’ but evidently we’ve an omniscient one here!

Article21 United Nations 1948 Universal declaration of Human rights. States:

“The will of the people shall be the basis of the authority of government; this will shall be expressed in periodic and genuine elections.”

Why does it matter, 4 of my family members have tested positive for cobid, all double jabbed, 2 have had the booster, 1 of each (double and booster) are very poorly.

By keeping the unvaccinated in and the rest out it's still spreading and you still can catch it and pass it on.

Let's just live with it, of you want to wear a mask, social distance, work from home etc then make your own choice.

Simples

Scunthorpe

"It is said" by whom? Because it isn't true.

----

As It was put ‘it is said’ but evidently we’ve an omniscient one here!

Article21 United Nations 1948 Universal declaration of Human rights. States:

“The will of the people shall be the basis of the authority of government; this will shall be expressed in periodic and genuine elections.”"

The declaration of Human Rights, although adopted by many countries us not Law anywhere and only used as guidance. The passage you quoted doesn't say that a government won't be formed if people vote for "none of the above", it just says that elections should be used to indicate who "the public" would like to form a government. Ultimately they can only choose from those who are on the ballot paper.

Obviously if none of the options received any votes then they wouldn't be elected, but with the current system the winner rarely receives over half of the available votes... so the majority chose someone else.

Cal

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

I don't know, none of the articles I read specify how. I guess if they have more police on the streets than we do, stop and check?

Most countries laws rely on consent, reason being they are acts passed in parliament. In the uk we have the law of the land (common law) not to be confused with common interest or common purpose which is Marxist rhetoric. Common law = do no harm cause no loss. Other than that a victim is required for a crime to have taken place. Anything other than that comes under maritime law which relies on your consent. Although this is so due to the corruption and lack of understanding or upholding of law by actors involved including, police, magistrates and judges it is rare it’s upheld. It’s linked to allowing one’s self to be dealt with as a corporate entity and not the living man/woman. "

oh dear, if you believe that then dont life in a sociaty, we dont all have to agree, but if the majoraty does then we need to abide by that, anyway have fun on your island alone

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

The less governable members of society would laugh at this just like the lockdown.

Some sensible measures wouldn’t go amiss though.

This is forced control plain and simple. Brainwashing the people through tyranny. You will have our poison injected into you or we will lock you down. The NWO aren't a myth they are very real.

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

it would be desperation from the government to do this to push the vaccine numbers up; vaccines which by their own words do not prevent infection or prevent transmission - freedom and civic rights for everyone would cease. So to answer your question - no , it would not change people’s mind,

Most countries laws rely on consent, reason being they are acts passed in parliament. In the uk we have the law of the land (common law) not to be confused with common interest or common purpose which is Marxist rhetoric. Common law = do no harm cause no loss. Other than that a victim is required for a crime to have taken place. Anything other than that comes under maritime law which relies on your consent. Although this is so due to the corruption and lack of understanding or upholding of law by actors involved including, police, magistrates and judges it is rare it’s upheld. It’s linked to allowing one’s self to be dealt with as a corporate entity and not the living man/woman.

oh dear, if you believe that then dont life in a sociaty, we dont all have to agree, but if the majoraty does then we need to abide by that, anyway have fun on your island alone"

It’s not a belief, but I don’t live in society, society lives in me. Island yeah right, this is part of the reasoning behind the degradation of so called societies, people giving up rights that people died for. . If they don’t want to do as we tell them let’s ostracise or even imprison them. Give yourself a clap on the back for desiring a hive mind.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

If I was unvaccinated the UK govt doing this would make me MORE likely to stay unvaccinated.

Why?...this would just mean you would be wanting to be locked down."

Just stubbornness. I think if people were to comply on that basis it just gives consent to the govt to create a two tier society based on control over ones body.

The vaccine doesn't stop somebody from catching or spreading it just lessens the effect and therefore hopefully relieving burden on the healthcare system.

Based on this idea of lockdowns only for the unvaccinated to protect the NHS, should it also be lockdowns for those most at risk- such as smokers and the obese?

By *inxnmasterCouple  over a year ago

naughty valley

this has gone too far.

anyone complying with this should be ashamed of themselves. What next? anyone who hasnt had their booster must be locked down?

Anyone who agrees with this is seriously sick in the head and should be put in a mental asylum.

Those who chose not to comply with mandatory vaccinations must be locked up like caged animals forever?

Fuck Off. "

this!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

In all cases where it is compulsory to vote, it is perfectly acceptable to spoil your ballot... and many do.

Personally, I think it should be mandatory for uk citizens to vote in general elections. It is pathetic when less than half of those eligible bother to turn out and cast their vote. There should always be an option for "non of the above". Most of those that don't vote are not "refusing" they just can't be bothered... they still want to express their opinion though.

Cal"

Yeah, in Australia it's compulsory to show up to a polling station, get your name ticked off, and take the paper. (Or make alternative arrangements if you can't)

Such tyranny. Outrageous

(The idea is that you vote, but no one can or tries to make you)

Notts

i think anyone who doesnt vote should be made to wear a mini skirt, put in the local stocks and get shagged by strangers.... just an idea..

Manchester (she/her)

"i think anyone who doesnt vote should be made to wear a mini skirt, put in the local stocks and get shagged by strangers.... just an idea.. "

But I like voting

Apparently if they are out it's shoot on site

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

this has gone too far.

Fuck Off. "

I need to be vaccinated to work overseas, have done for years.

Should I tell my employer they are infringing my rights or are they a compassionate employer looking after my welfare.

Although it's no jab, no travel to work.

No work, no nice holidays in Cap or Gran Canaria.

Decisions, decisions....nah, give me the jabs and stamp my old vaccination card.

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

Apparently if they are out it's shoot on site"

A really good idea. Not enough bullets have been used so far.

"It is illegal not to vote in Australia you get a draconian increasing civil penalty for non compliance proper crazy nazi stuff."

“Proper crazy nazi stuff”, really? And there’s most of the world thinking good for them creating a requirement for people to vote after to be blunt millions worldwide have died to give people that right.

You can quite legally ‘spoil your ballot card’, it’s not about ‘you must cast a vote’, it’s as simple as you need to get off your bloody sofa and make a choice.

I wish people would take the time to read a bit of world history, you have obviously no concept on what a Nazi is.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

The left wing of politics has certainly done itself a great deal of harm restricted people's freedoms personal choice has to be the key to everything we all had the vaccine only because we felt pressured into it so we could have a family holiday unfortunately caught covid twice but was absolutely fine but the vaccine nearly put me in hospital with muscle spasms muscle pain and joint inflammation.

Manchester (she/her)

"It is illegal not to vote in Australia you get a draconian increasing civil penalty for non compliance proper crazy nazi stuff.

“Proper crazy nazi stuff”, really? And there’s most of the world thinking good for them creating a requirement for people to vote after to be blunt millions worldwide have died to give people that right.

You can quite legally ‘spoil your ballot card’, it’s not about ‘you must cast a vote’, it’s as simple as you need to get off your bloody sofa and make a choice.

I wish people would take the time to read a bit of world history, you have obviously no concept on what a Nazi is."

It's as simple as "you must go to a convenient place on a given day, get your name ticked off, and be given some bits of paper". You don't have to write on it at all.

And yes, compulsory voting is about ensuring universal franchise. Outrageous

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"The left wing of politics has certainly done itself a great deal of harm restricted people's freedoms personal choice has to be the key to everything we all had the vaccine only because we felt pressured into it so we could have a family holiday unfortunately caught covid twice but was absolutely fine but the vaccine nearly put me in hospital with muscle spasms muscle pain and joint inflammation."

The Tories aren't "left wing" though.

Manchester (she/her)

"The left wing of politics has certainly done itself a great deal of harm restricted people's freedoms personal choice has to be the key to everything we all had the vaccine only because we felt pressured into it so we could have a family holiday unfortunately caught covid twice but was absolutely fine but the vaccine nearly put me in hospital with muscle spasms muscle pain and joint inflammation.

The Tories aren't "left wing" though. "

Blaming the left wing for the actions of a government which has been in power since 2010 is interesting, for sure.

By *rladytoyMan  over a year ago

plymouth

Wow the extremes they are willing to go to force people to have it. Mad world

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"The left wing of politics has certainly done itself a great deal of harm restricted people's freedoms personal choice has to be the key to everything we all had the vaccine only because we felt pressured into it so we could have a family holiday unfortunately caught covid twice but was absolutely fine but the vaccine nearly put me in hospital with muscle spasms muscle pain and joint inflammation."

The assertion that possibly the most right-wing government we've ever had is apparently "the left wing of politics" is sadly indicative of the absolute and total nonsense that routinely gets spouted by the COVID-enablers on this forum.

Won't work,

Its the children who are unvaccinated so does that mean schools will close/ partially close? What happens about childcare as parents would have to work if they've been vaccinated?

dudley

"It is illegal not to vote in Australia you get a draconian increasing civil penalty for non compliance proper crazy nazi stuff.

I wish people would take the time to read a bit of world history, you have obviously no concept on what a Nazi is."

It is not about voting they could not care less who you vote for or if you vote at all or if you spoil your ballot legally, it is about your registration to vote and agreement consent and acceptance of the majority vote, a political party taking office for 4years, governance and being governed should be a choice not compulsory.

By *inxnmasterCouple  over a year ago

naughty valley

"The left wing of politics has certainly done itself a great deal of harm restricted people's freedoms personal choice has to be the key to everything we all had the vaccine only because we felt pressured into it so we could have a family holiday unfortunately caught covid twice but was absolutely fine but the vaccine nearly put me in hospital with muscle spasms muscle pain and joint inflammation.

Blaming the left wing for the actions of a government which has been in power since 2010 is interesting, for sure."

It’s as good as blaming the unvaccinated for severe C-19 cases among vaccinated

By *yga 3.0Man  over a year ago

London

Noway would I. People who are vaccinated can spread it as much as people that are unvaccinated so this doesn't make sense.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Back on topic...

Why are vaccinated people so scared of unvaccinated people?

Shouldn’t it be the other way around? Afterall the vaccinated have c.90% protection from developing serious illness but can still carry and transmit. So the unvaccinated are in danger from all those complacent double jabbed who now think they are invincible!

In the UK we have approx 85% of adults double jabbed now right? So statistically it would be impossible for those 50,000 a day cases of Covid to only be the unvaccinated (and we know for sure it isn’t) and it would also be statistically impossible for all those spreading/transmitting to only be the unvaccinated.

So why the need to restrict the movement of this minority if they are not the major cause of transmission?

The logic is getting continuously twisted!

By *aretobareCouple  over a year ago

Central Portugal

We are so glad we aren't in the uk. We left because people were leaving the NHS, we had ambulances and funeral processions as the only traffic during the lockdowns. Now with a much higher infection rate and death rate than a year ago we are in an equivalent county with 9 deaths throughout the pandemic and 300 active cases. So much unnecessary death through stupidity and incompetence and a media unwilling to inform.

Manchester (she/her)

I wish people would take the time to read a bit of world history, you have obviously no concept on what a Nazi is.

It is not about voting they could not care less who you vote for or if you vote at all or if you spoil your ballot legally, it is about your registration to vote and agreement consent and acceptance of the majority vote, a political party taking office for 4years, governance and being governed should be a choice not compulsory.

"

... So, how do you propose that works? Accepting the government that forms after a legally held election is how every democracy works. Non voters have to accept it in countries where it's not compulsory.

The government makes the law in the territory they govern. Otherwise we have chaos.

Manchester (she/her)

Blaming the left wing for the actions of a government which has been in power since 2010 is interesting, for sure.

It’s as good as blaming the unvaccinated for severe C-19 cases among vaccinated "

Nah. The vulnerable by choice are more likely to catch Covid and more likely to spread Covid, and for longer.

The vulnerable by choice are also less likely to take basic mitigation measures.

So yeah, I do blame the vulnerable by choice, not those for whom the vaccine doesn't work.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"Back on topic...

Shouldn’t it be the other way around? Afterall the vaccinated have c.90% protection from developing serious illness but can still carry and transmit. So the unvaccinated are in danger from all those complacent double jabbed who now think they are invincible!

In the UK we have approx 85% of adults double jabbed now right? So statistically it would be impossible for those 50,000 a day cases of Covid to only be the unvaccinated (and we know for sure it isn’t) and it would also be statistically impossible for all those spreading/transmitting to only be the unvaccinated.

So why the need to restrict the movement of this minority if they are not the major cause of transmission?

The logic is getting continuously twisted!"

I'm not scared by unvaccinated people. But the more people choosing not to get vaccinated, the more the virus is helped out as it survives longer in the body, is more likely to be transmitted, and is more likely to mutate into new variants.

I'm not a virologist, but I'm guessing more diverse variants is not positive news.

Manchester (she/her)

"Back on topic...

I'm not scared by unvaccinated people. But the more people choosing not to get vaccinated, the more the virus is helped out as it survives longer in the body, is more likely to be transmitted, and is more likely to mutate into new variants.

I'm not a virologist, but I'm guessing more diverse variants is not positive news. "

Pretty much.

We control things like measles, which does not create sterilising immunity, through vaccination. First we need to stamp out the raging infections.

Measles is much more transmissible than Covid. You'd think, given you can both catch it and spread it following MMR, it'd be everywhere? And yet... Not. Only in concentrations of people who haven't taken the MMR.

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

south side

If a government proposed a lockdown for unvaccinated, it would require huge administrative process in order to implement it. It would take, say, 20% of people out of society, and they would all require supports, with shopping,medical, schooling, home working, etc. I cant see any benefit, when Covid can still be spread by the other 80% wandering around, working, socialising, schools etc.

Notts

its proper crazy, legendary, mayhem.... when did everyone lose perspective

Notts

"If a government proposed a lockdown for unvaccinated, it would require huge administrative process in order to implement it. It would take, say, 20% of people out of society, and they would all require supports, with shopping,medical, schooling, home working, etc. I cant see any benefit, when Covid can still be spread by the other 80% wandering around, working, socialising, schools etc. "

just let all the crims out of dartmoor and put all the new virus crims in! easy

By *erlins5Man  over a year ago

South Fife

"The vaccinated can still spread it, being vaccinated helps the hospitals as less of a chance ending up there, if you can`t have the vaccine for some reason then social distancing and mask should be ok but still risky.

There is nothing stopping people locking themselves down for peace of mind. You don't need the government to tell you... Or me to stay in... You can just do it.

Central

"Back on topic...

I'm not a virologist, but I'm guessing more diverse variants is not positive news. "

Bringing infection levels down reduces the potential for new mutations, as there will be fewer of them, to take hold as new variants of concern.

The UK, India and Brazil were countries with high infection levels and new variants previously and it would be shameful for new variants to start here again, because we didn't collectively do enough to suppress infections.

Brighton

"Back on topic...

I'm not a virologist, but I'm guessing more diverse variants is not positive news.

Bringing infection levels down reduces the potential for new mutations, as there will be fewer of them, to take hold as new variants of concern.

The UK, India and Brazil were countries with high infection levels and new variants previously and it would be shameful for new variants to start here again, because we didn't collectively do enough to suppress infections. "

I get that (and I am playing devil’s advocate anyway) but that all avoids the point that it is statistically impossible now for the level of transmission and cases happening to be caused by the unvaccinated.

The huge number of daily cases in the UK means that it has to be vaccinated people spreading and catching in significant numbers (and likely the majority) due to the 85% coverage of double jabbed.

Basically saying that (mathematically) I do not accept that the finger of blame can be pointed solely at the unvaccinated or indeed that they are any longer the main factor driving transmission.

Manchester (she/her)

"Back on topic...

The UK, India and Brazil were countries with high infection levels and new variants previously and it would be shameful for new variants to start here again, because we didn't collectively do enough to suppress infections.

I get that (and I am playing devil’s advocate anyway) but that all avoids the point that it is statistically impossible now for the level of transmission and cases happening to be caused by the unvaccinated.

The huge number of daily cases in the UK means that it has to be vaccinated people spreading and catching in significant numbers (and likely the majority) due to the 85% coverage of double jabbed.

Basically saying that (mathematically) I do not accept that the finger of blame can be pointed solely at the unvaccinated or indeed that they are any longer the main factor driving transmission."

Given the numbers in children, who are overwhelmingly unvaccinated, I suggest that unvaccinated people are still causing most of it.

(Yes, I'm conflating unvaccinated by choice and haven't had it yet, but the point still stands. Everything we know about viruses in general shows that being vaccinated reduces the length and duration of contagion)

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Basically saying that (mathematically) I do not accept that the finger of blame can be pointed solely at the unvaccinated or indeed that they are any longer the main factor driving transmission."

Have you heard of the Pareto principle or better known as the 80:20 rule?

The 80:20 rule states that 80% of outcomes or consequences come from just 20% of causes or activities. 20% influence / dominate the outcomes of the 80%

Although not pure mathematics I've yet to see this concept to be proven wrong.

By *ftereightMan  over a year ago

SouthEast

17 years time "Ive only had my 37th Booster, i was late getting to my appointment for my 38th jab so im now classed as unvaccinated and locked down for 6 month until my next appointment"

By *utdoor29Man  over a year ago

paisley

Lol all the sheep

Cal"

In almost all countries where it is compulsory to vote there is actually an option that says none of the above.

"Lol all the sheep "

Darwin award

Manchester (she/her)

Cal

In almost all countries where it is compulsory to vote there is actually an option that says none of the above. "

There isn't in Australia, but as here, a spoiled ballot is a thing.

Brighton

"Back on topic...

Basically saying that (mathematically) I do not accept that the finger of blame can be pointed solely at the unvaccinated or indeed that they are any longer the main factor driving transmission.

Given the numbers in children, who are overwhelmingly unvaccinated, I suggest that unvaccinated people are still causing most of it.

(Yes, I'm conflating unvaccinated by choice and haven't had it yet, but the point still stands. Everything we know about viruses in general shows that being vaccinated reduces the length and duration of contagion)"

I’d agree they are a major factor, although where are they getting it from as it doesn’t spontaneously erupt in school population.

I would say the other major factor is large crowds/events returning. You can see that double vaxxed people are now throwing caution to the wind and many have dropped all other mitigations. I would say a significant portion if the spreading is therefore amongst the vaccinated.

What I am, probably rather clumsily, trying to say is that unless we have actual evidence the main cause of transmission now is unvaccinated people (inc kids) then pointing fingers of blame or any attempt at creating social pariahs us frankly misguided.

Brighton

"Basically saying that (mathematically) I do not accept that the finger of blame can be pointed solely at the unvaccinated or indeed that they are any longer the main factor driving transmission.

Have you heard of the Pareto principle or better known as the 80:20 rule?

The 80:20 rule states that 80% of outcomes or consequences come from just 20% of causes or activities. 20% influence / dominate the outcomes of the 80%

Although not pure mathematics I've yet to see this concept to be proven wrong. "

Yep could well be true although there needs to be data to support that. I would be interested to see it.

I would hypothesise that the removal of pretty much all other risk mitigations by most double vaxxed people is as big an issue as unvaccinated in terms of driving transmission (when such a huge proportion are now double jabbed).

Manchester (she/her)

"

I’d agree they are a major factor, although where are they getting it from as it doesn’t spontaneously erupt in school population.

I would say the other major factor is large crowds/events returning. You can see that double vaxxed people are now throwing caution to the wind and many have dropped all other mitigations. I would say a significant portion if the spreading is therefore amongst the vaccinated.

What I am, probably rather clumsily, trying to say is that unless we have actual evidence the main cause of transmission now is unvaccinated people (inc kids) then pointing fingers of blame or any attempt at creating social pariahs us frankly misguided."

I think that evidence is coming (preprints, etc). I also think it's unlikely that these things are going to be spectacularly different to all the other viruses we vaccinate against (because it's not like our bodies or viruses are suddenly massively different). (I'll also note that I haven't thrown caution to the wind)

That being said, most of what I've said on this thread has been about voting in Australia

Scunthorpe

"Back on topic...

(Yes, I'm conflating unvaccinated by choice and haven't had it yet, but the point still stands. Everything we know about viruses in general shows that being vaccinated reduces the length and duration of contagion)

What I am, probably rather clumsily, trying to say is that unless we have actual evidence the main cause of transmission now is unvaccinated people (inc kids) then pointing fingers of blame or any attempt at creating social pariahs us frankly misguided."

I work in a school and we had 130 (out of 500) students with confirmed positive PCR tests within the first 3 weeks of September.

Cal

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Back on topic...

What I am, probably rather clumsily, trying to say is that unless we have actual evidence the main cause of transmission now is unvaccinated people (inc kids) then pointing fingers of blame or any attempt at creating social pariahs us frankly misguided.

I work in a school and we had 130 (out of 500) students with confirmed positive PCR tests within the first 3 weeks of September.

Cal"

10 to 19 year old make up around 10% of the population but the last couple of months have accounted for around 80% of cases. There is plenty of data around for allege ranges that proves you are less likely to catch and spread covid if you are vaccinated.

Brighton

"Back on topic...

Cal"

Bloody hell! Ok that shines a different light on things. Any idea how many got seriously ill or did they all manage to keep it mild? What about their parents and the school staff?

Covid is weird. Some neighbours of ours have three kids. They think one of the kids brought it home. Kids all tested positive. Whole family isolated. Kids pretty much fine just bored. Mum (double vaxxed) got quite poorly (proper flu level ill). Husband, also double vaxxed - nothing, not positive or ill just exhausted from cooking and fetching for everyone.

Brighton

"Back on topic...

Cal

10 to 19 year old make up around 10% of the population but the last couple of months have accounted for around 80% of cases. There is plenty of data around for allege ranges that proves you are less likely to catch and spread covid if you are vaccinated. "

Ok thanks. I have to confess that I have started to switch off as been overwhelmed and read too much over 18mths. I will search out that data though as interesting. Any specific sources would be gratefully received.

Durham

"Back on topic...

Cal

10 to 19 year old make up around 10% of the population but the last couple of months have accounted for around 80% of cases. There is plenty of data around for allege ranges that proves you are less likely to catch and spread covid if you are vaccinated.

Ok thanks. I have to confess that I have started to switch off as been overwhelmed and read too much over 18mths. I will search out that data though as interesting. Any specific sources would be gratefully received."

I mainly use the traveling tabby site. Plots the data in nice graphs.

By *andlingswingersCouple  over a year ago

Woodbridge

" for a democratically elected government to coherse and threaten people with restricted liberty is so wrong. "

Democratically elected governments do this all the time. It's called the justice system. The state makes laws which tell people what they can and can't do and if they are convicted of breaking them their liberty is restricted. It's the basis of all government.

What is more amazing is this constant mantra of what a "democratically elected government" can and can't do when it's blindingly obvious that most people using the phrase have no idea what any of those concepts mean. It usually goes hand in hand with the pretence that the EU is somehow undemocratic. Unlike say, the wonderfully democratic UK where the likes of Carrie Symonds, Nigel Farage and Dominic Cummings appear to be running things elected by absolutely nobody, ever.

Manchester (she/her)

" for a democratically elected government to coherse and threaten people with restricted liberty is so wrong.

Democratically elected governments do this all the time. It's called the justice system. The state makes laws which tell people what they can and can't do and if they are convicted of breaking them their liberty is restricted. It's the basis of all government.

What is more amazing is this constant mantra of what a "democratically elected government" can and can't do when it's blindingly obvious that most people using the phrase have no idea what any of those concepts mean. It usually goes hand in hand with the pretence that the EU is somehow undemocratic. Unlike say, the wonderfully democratic UK where the likes of Carrie Symonds, Nigel Farage and Dominic Cummings appear to be running things elected by absolutely nobody, ever. "

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

" for a democratically elected government to coherse and threaten people with restricted liberty is so wrong.

What is more amazing is this constant mantra of what a "democratically elected government" can and can't do when it's blindingly obvious that most people using the phrase have no idea what any of those concepts mean. It usually goes hand in hand with the pretence that the EU is somehow undemocratic. Unlike say, the wonderfully democratic UK where the likes of Carrie Symonds, Nigel Farage and Dominic Cummings appear to be running things elected by absolutely nobody, ever. "

Remainer bitterness again. They can't get over losing

By *unkym34Man  over a year ago

London

how would that even work and what is the science behind it that even backs it up. Most places have a high rate of eligible vaccinated people now so the few that are eligible and are not vaccinated are actually having very little impact on the spread of covid.

London

"There have been fuller lockdowns, so restricting a minority, at a cost to all people, is cheaper - though avoidable.

Restrictions are used to protect people. The other tool that we have are vaccines. We take our pick. The umvaccinated can propose a workable solution but just restrictions or vaccines have been proven to work. Many restrictions/adaptations are very simple, such as mask wearing. To want all freedoms but to resist doing anything to earn it, whilst others pay for you to get everything for nothingz is unfair "

what does this even mean??? Do you mean that actually rather than locking up the unvaccinated we should lock up those that are at risk from covid ( as most of the unvaccinated are not )???? And I’m sorry bu lot whose paying for what here??? Technically the unvaccinated ( if they are of the working population ) are paying for the vaccinated to be having their freedoms

Durham

"The Austrian government has said that they are considering further lockdowns, but only for the unvaccinated. If you haven't had the vaccine, would you change your mind and get the jabs if the UK did this? how would that even work and what is the science behind it that even backs it up. Most places have a high rate of eligible vaccinated people now so the few that are eligible and are not vaccinated are actually having very little impact on the spread of covid. "

In the uk. Around 67% of the total population are fully vaccinated. More than 85% of the infections the last couple of months have been from the 33% of the population that are not vaccinated. Having said I don't see how you would implement a lockdown of only the unvaccinated. But the unvaccinated around the world are probably going to have live with some restrictions on their lives for a good while.

London

"There have been fuller lockdowns, so restricting a minority, at a cost to all people, is cheaper - though avoidable.

Restrictions are used to protect people. The other tool that we have are vaccines. We take our pick. The umvaccinated can propose a workable solution but just restrictions or vaccines have been proven to work. Many restrictions/adaptations are very simple, such as mask wearing. To want all freedoms but to resist doing anything to earn it, whilst others pay for you to get everything for nothingz is unfair what does this even mean??? Do you mean that actually rather than locking up the unvaccinated we should lock up those that are at risk from covid ( as most of the unvaccinated are not )???? And I’m sorry bu lot whose paying for what here??? Technically the unvaccinated ( if they are of the working population ) are paying for the vaccinated to be having their freedoms "

freedoms should say vaccinations sorry

London

"The Austrian government has said that they are considering further lockdowns, but only for the unvaccinated. If you haven't had the vaccine, would you change your mind and get the jabs if the UK did this? how would that even work and what is the science behind it that even backs it up. Most places have a high rate of eligible vaccinated people now so the few that are eligible and are not vaccinated are actually having very little impact on the spread of covid.

In the uk. Around 67% of the total population are fully vaccinated. More than 85% of the infections the last couple of months have been from the 33% of the population that are not vaccinated. Having said I don't see how you would implement a lockdown of only the unvaccinated. But the unvaccinated around the world are probably going to have live with some restrictions on their lives for a good while."

please please please get facts 100% correct 87% of the eligible population is vaccinated

Manchester (she/her)

"The Austrian government has said that they are considering further lockdowns, but only for the unvaccinated. If you haven't had the vaccine, would you change your mind and get the jabs if the UK did this? how would that even work and what is the science behind it that even backs it up. Most places have a high rate of eligible vaccinated people now so the few that are eligible and are not vaccinated are actually having very little impact on the spread of covid.

In the uk. Around 67% of the total population are fully vaccinated. More than 85% of the infections the last couple of months have been from the 33% of the population that are not vaccinated. Having said I don't see how you would implement a lockdown of only the unvaccinated. But the unvaccinated around the world are probably going to have live with some restrictions on their lives for a good while. please please please get facts 100% correct 87% of the eligible population is vaccinated "

You might not be aware of this, but total population and eligible population are not the same thing.

Hope this helps.

London

In the uk. Around 67% of the total population are fully vaccinated. More than 85% of the infections the last couple of months have been from the 33% of the population that are not vaccinated. Having said I don't see how you would implement a lockdown of only the unvaccinated. But the unvaccinated around the world are probably going to have live with some restrictions on their lives for a good while. please please please get facts 100% correct 87% of the eligible population is vaccinated "

so you are talking a very small amount of infections coming from eligible but unvaccinated people in this country ( remember those under 12 and with certain health conditions can not be vaccinated ) only 13% of eligible people are not vaccinated that is nothing ( considering how long it’s been available to the 12-16 bracket ) trying to make the unvaccinated the scape goats

London

In the uk. Around 67% of the total population are fully vaccinated. More than 85% of the infections the last couple of months have been from the 33% of the population that are not vaccinated. Having said I don't see how you would implement a lockdown of only the unvaccinated. But the unvaccinated around the world are probably going to have live with some restrictions on their lives for a good while. please please please get facts 100% correct 87% of the eligible population is vaccinated

You might not be aware of this, but total population and eligible population are not the same thing.

Hope this helps."

hmm yes and your point is? Exactly as I said so 33% of infections is not coming from eligible but unvaccinated people so you can not use it as statistic to try and impose further restrictions on unvaccinated people

London

In the uk. Around 67% of the total population are fully vaccinated. More than 85% of the infections the last couple of months have been from the 33% of the population that are not vaccinated. Having said I don't see how you would implement a lockdown of only the unvaccinated. But the unvaccinated around the world are probably going to have live with some restrictions on their lives for a good while. please please please get facts 100% correct 87% of the eligible population is vaccinated

Hope this helps."

would you like to lock up all under 12s

Durham

Hope this helps. hmm yes and your point is? Exactly as I said so 33% of infections is not coming from eligible but unvaccinated people so you can not use it as statistic to try and impose further restrictions on unvaccinated people "

Just do the maths on those numbers. A third of population is causing about 90% of the infections not a third of infections. Can you not understand why vaccines having an effect on the spread of covid. If everyone was vaccinated you would bring down daily infections from 40000 plus to around 5000.

Manchester (she/her)

Hope this helps. would you like to lock up all under 12s "

If you took that from what I wrote, you might want to reread it.

"Back on topic...

Exactly. There is no logic, only bollocks, and manipulation.

Makes no sense, at all.

By *olden_Road_to_SamarkandMan  over a year ago

ANDOVER

I guess under 12s are unlikely to be mixing in restaurants, night clubs and elsewhere to such an extent?

I'm reminded of the US, where unless you have ID - even if you're white, haired, wrinkled and obviously aged - you can't get into a bar.

Similarly, to receive a salary you have to have a bank account.

Similarly, vaccines, and prophylactics such as anti-malarials, are mandatory for some sections of the armed forces).

I guess the issue here is that some people are abstaining from vaccination because they think the vaccine is dangerous.

I wonder how many people are just abstaining without thinking this, abstaining for religious reasons, or because they believe there is some sort of weird plot going on?

London

Hope this helps. hmm yes and your point is? Exactly as I said so 33% of infections is not coming from eligible but unvaccinated people so you can not use it as statistic to try and impose further restrictions on unvaccinated people

Just do the maths on those numbers. A third of population is causing about 90% of the infections not a third of infections. Can you not understand why vaccines having an effect on the spread of covid. If everyone was vaccinated you would bring down daily infections from 40000 plus to around 5000. "

you are talking about only 13% of eligible people not been vaccinated now when you take out the number that can’t for what ever reason you talking about a very small number of people maybe less than 10% of the overall population so they are not a problem. What you want is either every person in this country vaccinated that includes new norms or you want to impose restrictions on those that are not eligible to be vaccinated ( in which case we should just impose restrictions on those that are classed as at risk from covid )

London

"I guess under 12s are unlikely to be mixing in restaurants, night clubs and elsewhere to such an extent?

I'm reminded of the US, where unless you have ID - even if you're white, haired, wrinkled and obviously aged - you can't get into a bar.

Similarly, vaccines, and prophylactics such as anti-malarials, are mandatory for some sections of the armed forces).

I guess the issue here is that some people are abstaining from vaccination because they think the vaccine is dangerous.

I wonder how many people are just abstaining without thinking this, abstaining for religious reasons, or because they believe there is some sort of weird plot going on?"

yes under 12s don’t mix in schools or social environments such as sports and dance don’t get taken out for meals or cinema or to leisure centres and parks oh and then go home to their parents grandparents aunts uncles neighbours. The issue is people read into statistics what the want not what is actually happening.

London

"Back on topic...

Makes no sense, at all. "

well let’s also not forget the number of unvaccinated who have more than likely had covid in the last 3 months so are not a issue to them selfs or others

By *azylivingMan  over a year ago

swansea / Bristol

Wasn’t hitler an Austrian national?

ANDOVER

"I guess under 12s are unlikely to be mixing in restaurants, night clubs and elsewhere to such an extent?

I wonder how many people are just abstaining without thinking this, abstaining for religious reasons, or because they believe there is some sort of weird plot going on? yes under 12s don’t mix in schools or social environments such as sports and dance don’t get taken out for meals or cinema or to leisure centres and parks oh and then go home to their parents grandparents aunts uncles neighbours. The issue is people read into statistics what the want not what is actually happening. "

Under 12s aren't vaccinated because a vaccine in this age group hasn't been approved as safe yet. As such there isn't an option to get the vaccine, whereas there is for adults. Hence I think that they're a bit of a red herring when it comes to rights and protection .... I guess just because everyone can't be vaccinated doesn't let those who can off the hook...

ANDOVER

Wasn’t hitler an Austrian national? "

He was born in Austria but moved to Germany aged 3. But yes, they do tend to be a tennsie weensie bit right of centre in Austria ..... bit like the Jocks being a bit Left Wing in this country I guess

Terra Firma

"Back on topic...

Makes no sense, at all. well let’s also not forget the number of unvaccinated who have more than likely had covid in the last 3 months so are not a issue to them selfs or others "

Unvaccinated or vaccinated who have had covid can still pass it on and show no symptoms themselves...

It is also beyond doubt that double vaccinated people will spread covid along with unvaccinated people. However, a % of people will take little to no precautions to help slow the transmission, leading to the minority directly impacting the majority in terms of transmission.

Being aware of how we impact and interact with people or the environment would go a hell of a long way to stem the transmission rates, ultimately removing the need for any type of enforced restrictions, which is what we all want.

ANDOVER

"Back on topic...

Makes no sense, at all. well let’s also not forget the number of unvaccinated who have more than likely had covid in the last 3 months so are not a issue to them selfs or others

Unvaccinated or vaccinated who have had covid can still pass it on and show no symptoms themselves...

It is also beyond doubt that double vaccinated people will spread covid along with unvaccinated people. However, a % of people will take little to no precautions to help slow the transmission, leading to the minority directly impacting the majority in terms of transmission.

Being aware of how we impact and interact with people or the environment would go a hell of a long way to stem the transmission rates, ultimately removing the need for any type of enforced restrictions, which is what we all want. "

I'm with the man in the groovy pink shorts - well said sir!

London

I wonder how many people are just abstaining without thinking this, abstaining for religious reasons, or because they believe there is some sort of weird plot going on? yes under 12s don’t mix in schools or social environments such as sports and dance don’t get taken out for meals or cinema or to leisure centres and parks oh and then go home to their parents grandparents aunts uncles neighbours. The issue is people read into statistics what the want not what is actually happening.

Under 12s aren't vaccinated because a vaccine in this age group hasn't been approved as safe yet. As such there isn't an option to get the vaccine, whereas there is for adults. Hence I think that they're a bit of a red herring when it comes to rights and protection .... I guess just because everyone can't be vaccinated doesn't let those who can off the hook..."

yes but using the very low % of people as scape goats is not right

London

"Back on topic...

Makes no sense, at all. well let’s also not forget the number of unvaccinated who have more than likely had covid in the last 3 months so are not a issue to them selfs or others

Being aware of how we impact and interact with people or the environment would go a hell of a long way to stem the transmission rates, ultimately removing the need for any type of enforced restrictions, which is what we all want. "

if all of the eligible and able to population over the age of 12 unvaccinated went out tomorrow and got vaccinated it would have no impact on transmission rates as it is such a low % ( let’s not pick on the 12-16 age group as they have not had long to have had theirs ).

Terra Firma

"Back on topic...

Being aware of how we impact and interact with people or the environment would go a hell of a long way to stem the transmission rates, ultimately removing the need for any type of enforced restrictions, which is what we all want. if all of the eligible and able to population over the age of 12 unvaccinated went out tomorrow and got vaccinated it would have no impact on transmission rates as it is such a low % ( let’s not pick on the 12-16 age group as they have not had long to have had theirs ). "

I do not wish to sound rude but you don't seem to have read my post, yet you have replied to it. I find that strange

By *ooljoeMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

Not long and we will find out number of politicians that are stake holders in the vaccine manufacturing companies and this is the perfect reason the try to force members of public to have the vaccine,so more money can go into their off shore bank accounts.

"

It is illegal not to vote in Australia you get a draconian increasing civil penalty for non compliance proper crazy nazi stuff."

When you compare the Australian government to the nazis, do you really think they are rounding up the unvaccinated and killing them. That's what the nazis did. Can you see the difference?

Also, by having earlier, stricter enforcement in place I understand that lockdown in Australia has not lasted as long as ours did and far, far fewer people have died there.

Rights come with responsibilty. I wish I lived in a country where the government were competent enough to make better decisions, even if they were unpopular in the short term.

ANDOVER

You're probably right (in general), but the impact on the NHS and tax payers would be significant, as most hospitalised cases are people who haven't been vaccinated.....

Manchester (she/her)

"

When you compare the Australian government to the nazis, do you really think they are rounding up the unvaccinated and killing them. That's what the nazis did. Can you see the difference?

Also, by having earlier, stricter enforcement in place I understand that lockdown in Australia has not lasted as long as ours did and far, far fewer people have died there.

Rights come with responsibilty. I wish I lived in a country where the government were competent enough to make better decisions, even if they were unpopular in the short term."

It's not even a comparison with Covid.

On a Saturday at well publicised times, you queue up with everyone else. (If you cannot attend, there are alternative arrangements)

There's usually a stall selling cakes or a barbecue, raising money for a charity and/or the school the polling station is held in.

You go up to the nice people and give your name and electorate. They cross your name off and hand you some paper.

That's your legal obligation met. (Two steps away are booths where you can vote, and near the door, the boxes where you put your ballots)

If you don't show up to complete this genocidal maniacal ritual, you'll receive a fine.

Oh the horrors. Hitler himself would cower from the sheer evil

London

"

Rights come with responsibilty. I wish I lived in a country where the government were competent enough to make better decisions, even if they were unpopular in the short term."

I thought Australia had the longest harshest lockdown???? Only ended last week unless I have read the papers wrong.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-10-22/worlds-longest-lockdown-ends-as-melbourne-measures-lift-after-262-days-overall

ANDOVER

"Not long and we will find out number of politicians that are stake holders in the vaccine manufacturing companies and this is the perfect reason the try to force members of public to have the vaccine,so more money can go into their off shore bank accounts."

Bad news - most of our pension funds have exposure to AstraZeneca, making us all stakeholders in the vaccine industry (at least if you have a UK pension). FYI you can always ask your pension provider, if you so wish, to avoid placing your funds in pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Note that the return will likely decrease if you do this.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Rights come with responsibilty. I wish I lived in a country where the government were competent enough to make better decisions, even if they were unpopular in the short term. I thought Australia had the longest harshest lockdown???? Only ended last week unless I have read the papers wrong.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-10-22/worlds-longest-lockdown-ends-as-melbourne-measures-lift-after-262-days-overall"

Definitions of lockdown vary, and regions have significant variation in the lockdown or restrictions they've had.

But compulsory voting ain't no Holocaust

London

"You're probably right (in general), but the impact on the NHS and tax payers would be significant, as most hospitalised cases are people who haven't been vaccinated....."
now this is actually a fascinating statistic and I only say that because most hospitalisation ( where medical support is needed for more than 24hrs ) is still in those over 75 and those with underlining health issues. Which is odd cause I honestly would not have expected throes two groups to be the ones not having the vaccine ( unless for medical reasons they can not ).

London

"

Rights come with responsibilty. I wish I lived in a country where the government were competent enough to make better decisions, even if they were unpopular in the short term. I thought Australia had the longest harshest lockdown???? Only ended last week unless I have read the papers wrong.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-10-22/worlds-longest-lockdown-ends-as-melbourne-measures-lift-after-262-days-overall

Definitions of lockdown vary, and regions have significant variation in the lockdown or restrictions they've had.

But compulsory voting ain't no Holocaust "

no I make you completely right there and I was only relating to the length of lockdown

Manchester (she/her)

"

But compulsory voting ain't no Holocaust no I make you completely right there and I was only relating to the length of lockdown "

I believe that restrictions for Melbourne lifted for a time, that they re-entered lockdown rather than continuous restrictions. Like here, there were more and less severe restrictions (although as I'm not a Melbournian I've not paid as close attention to the details)

By *hristosteroneMan  over a year ago

hucknall

Bring in a vote of no confidence, if a certain percentage vote no confidence, then it’s back to the drawing board for all parties until one can gather the confidence of the people

ANDOVER

"You're probably right (in general), but the impact on the NHS and tax payers would be significant, as most hospitalised cases are people who haven't been vaccinated..... now this is actually a fascinating statistic and I only say that because most hospitalisation ( where medical support is needed for more than 24hrs ) is still in those over 75 and those with underlining health issues. Which is odd cause I honestly would not have expected throes two groups to be the ones not having the vaccine ( unless for medical reasons they can not ). "

Which is interesting. I understand that most hospitalisations are either the very old or the under 20s, because most of the ones between have been vaccinated. The BBC says "In the oldest group - the over-80s - 141 people in every 100,000 unvaccinated people ended up in hospital with Covid compared with 54 in every 100,000 vaccinated people. In the youngest - the under-18s - four unvaccinated people in every 100,000 needed overnight hospital treatment compared with zero in the vaccinated group"

By *oghicksMan  over a year ago

Brackley

"

Feel for those people pushed into it....

UK would never dare to do this!

Thank fuck!"

Don't kid yourself! Our government is a total disgrace.

dudley

"

When the elderly are dehumanised and forcibly pushed over and are knocked out by the force of their head hitting the tarmac and then sprayed in the face with a chemical by a different person with both walking off without a care and all in the name of keeping law and following the order of an elected political party, my opinion it smells the same but that's my opinion.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Rights come with responsibilty. I wish I lived in a country where the government were competent enough to make better decisions, even if they were unpopular in the short term.

When the elderly are dehumanised and forcibly pushed over and are knocked out by the force of their head hitting the tarmac and then sprayed in the face with a chemical by a different person with both walking off without a care and all in the name of keeping law and following the order of an elected political party, my opinion it smells the same but that's my opinion."

You're right, the police beating up that guy for stealing a £1 can of beer was absolutely disgusting. (Australia uses dollars)

Or does police brutality only count when your propuhganduh tells you that it threatens your freedumb?

If I was unvaccinated the UK govt doing this would make me MORE likely to stay unvaccinated."

This.

I am unvaccinated and if this happened in the U.K. I’d be staying that way, I’d be wondering why the government is going to such crazy lengths personally.

dudley

"

When the elderly are dehumanised and forcibly pushed over and are knocked out by the force of their head hitting the tarmac and then sprayed in the face with a chemical by a different person with both walking off without a care and all in the name of keeping law and following the order of an elected political party, my opinion it smells the same but that's my opinion.

You're right, the police beating up that guy for stealing a £1 can of beer was absolutely disgusting. (Australia uses dollars)

Or does police brutality only count when your propuhganduh tells you that it threatens your freedumb?"

I know Australia uses dollars, and i know nothin of a guy with a thirst, i was recalling a video I saw on the telly of the lock down protests in Australia.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Or does police brutality only count when your propuhganduh tells you that it threatens your freedumb?

I know Australia uses dollars, and i know nothin of a guy with a thirst, i was recalling a video I saw on the telly of the lock down protests in Australia."

Sure. Police brutality happens everywhere.

Why does Australia get special attention, on a thread about Austria, given the recent notable problems the UK police have had to answer?

dudley

"

I know Australia uses dollars, and i know nothin of a guy with a thirst, i was recalling a video I saw on the telly of the lock down protests in Australia.

Why does Australia get special attention, on a thread about Austria, given the recent notable problems the UK police have had to answer?"

It's all wizardry cast a spells a spell gets cast back.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Why does Australia get special attention, on a thread about Austria, given the recent notable problems the UK police have had to answer?

It's all wizardry cast a spells a spell gets cast back. "

*Shrug* I call it "picking the speck out of your brother's eye while ignoring the log in your own"

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

It's not mandatory and they do have choice.

But having freedom to have a choice, doesn't mean you are free from the consequences of that choice.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

No one should be forced into taking a vaccine with potentially life changing side effects. Should they take it? Yes, i believe so. However that should be that individuals choice, free from threats of exclusion from society.

By *pertureTV/TS  over a year ago

New Ferry, wirral in stockings and sussies

Proper fascist idea, where does it end once they start that kind of thing, slippery slope to Totalitarianism.

I tend not to allow myself to be coerced into things I don't want.

Yes, nothing says tyranny like all the people voting

Scunthorpe

"

Cal

------------------

Bloody hell! Ok that shines a different light on things. Any idea how many got seriously ill or did they all manage to keep it mild? What about their parents and the school staff?

Covid is weird. Some neighbours of ours have three kids. They think one of the kids brought it home. Kids all tested positive. Whole family isolated. Kids pretty much fine just bored. Mum (double vaxxed) got quite poorly (proper flu level ill). Husband, also double vaxxed - nothing, not positive or ill just exhausted from cooking and fetching for everyone."

As far as I am aware, most of the infected students only had mild symptoms and could return after the mandatory isolation. A few were more serious and two were admitted to hospital... We don't get much info about parents as it's not our business, but one child's dad has just died from it.

Our staff have been relatively unaffected this time, only about 6 have been off since September. Most were poorly for two or three days, one really ill and still only 70% better after 5 weeks (but at work) but she hadn't been vaccinated.

Cal

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich. NOT London.

Since when were the Tories left wing?

Scunthorpe

----

Since when were the Tories left wing? "

It's all relative, if you move far enough to the right... everything is on your left

Manchester (she/her)

----

Since when were the Tories left wing?

It's all relative, if you move far enough to the right... everything is on your left "

Not a chance. Plus Iv just had it in august. So would be no point in being vaccinated

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

Ah yes, the introduction of the 2nd class citizen.

Maybe make them wear little stars so the authorities can identify them easier

Maybe the vaccinated can point and howl at them in the streets a la the body snatchers

If you support this and wonder what you'd have done in 1940s Germany, well now you know

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"Ah yes, the introduction of the 2nd class citizen.

Maybe the vaccinated can point and howl at them in the streets a la the body snatchers

If you support this and wonder what you'd have done in 1940s Germany, well now you know"

Regulated access is something we already submit to. Driving licences are a case in point. Noone moans about the rights of those without a licence to drive a car even if they can do it safely. Refusal to pass the test = you cant drivr on the road.

By *wo2BadMan  over a year ago

London

If you support this and wonder what you'd have done in 1940s Germany, well now you know

Regulated access is something we already submit to. Driving licences are a case in point. Noone moans about the rights of those without a licence to drive a car even if they can do it safely. Refusal to pass the test = you cant drivr on the road."

Lol I moan all the time!! I also wonder most of the time how some people even pass the test as its often mayhem on the roads

I believe in freedom of choice and the vaccine is not mandatory, apparently we still live in a democracy

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Regulated access is something we already submit to. Driving licences are a case in point. Noone moans about the rights of those without a licence to drive a car even if they can do it safely. Refusal to pass the test = you cant drivr on the road."

If you had the potential to develop long lasting medical conditions from getting your driving license then your comparison holds up.

If the vaccine was 100% safe I'd back it being mandatory. However it isn't, So people deserve the right to choose without coercion.

This isn't me being anti-vax either. I chose to get vaccinated, i'll likely choose to get the booster too when that time comes. My decision may have been different if I felt like I wasn't being given a choice. Instead of threats of exclusion, the effort should be put in to making sure people can access and understand the data as we know it now as regards to the risk/reward of the vaccines.

Regulated access is something we already submit to. Driving licences are a case in point. Noone moans about the rights of those without a licence to drive a car even if they can do it safely. Refusal to pass the test = you cant drivr on the road.If you had the potential to develop long lasting medical conditions from getting your driving license then your comparison holds up.

If the vaccine was 100% safe I'd back it being mandatory. However it isn't, So people deserve the right to choose without coercion.

This isn't me being anti-vax either. I chose to get vaccinated, i'll likely choose to get the booster too when that time comes. My decision may have been different if I felt like I wasn't being given a choice. Instead of threats of exclusion, the effort should be put in to making sure people can access and understand the data as we know it now as regards to the risk/reward of the vaccines. "

Totally agree with you , I’ve not had the vaccine, and I won’t be having it, I tested positive for Covid a month ago, I felt like I was coming down with a cold, did a lateral flow test , was positive had a pcr test that was positive I had to isolate for 10 days , I was phoned every day to make sure I was still isolating, I asked on the last day should I go get a pcr test, and was told no as I’ll still test positive due to it being in my system for 3 months, when I asked if I’m contagious they couldn’t answer, there lies the problem ,

Redditch

[Removed by poster at 27/10/21 10:01:14]

Manchester (she/her)

Regulated access is something we already submit to. Driving licences are a case in point. Noone moans about the rights of those without a licence to drive a car even if they can do it safely. Refusal to pass the test = you cant drivr on the road.

Lol I moan all the time!! I also wonder most of the time how some people even pass the test as its often mayhem on the roads

I believe in freedom of choice and the vaccine is not mandatory, apparently we still live in a democracy "

You might want to check what democracy means. You seem to be misinformed.

A representative democracy, in which we live, means the people vote in the people who make the laws. Not that the laws are ones you approve of

"Back on topic...

I don’t think they are scared in the slightest, they are frustrated.

To be honest the best way to explain what I believe is most peoples opinion is to liken it to us all building a house together. The majority of us are mortaring bricks in place whilst the odd one or two are taking bricks away.

There’s a wealth of information available on vaccinations, the science is very clear and we can clearly see the huge benefits in both the reduction of infection rates and the reduction of serious cases. Nobody can produce a logical case against the programme in the light of those figures.

Some however refuse to work together, they present, to be Frank, ridiculous arguments. Their 15 years experience as a town planner etc seems to empower them to have a better understanding of virology than any number of PHD owning specialists who have dedicated their lives to the subject. The sad part is taking that stance doesn’t just affect them, it has an impact on us all in terms of our ability to live in the best conditions during this pandemic, for us in healthcare dealing with the patients it means more deaths, it means yet more regretful patients and families and heartbreaking situations.

There’s zero fear, just sadness and frustration that people can continue to be so ridiculous amongst such horrific consequences.

Redditch

I believe in freedom of choice and the vaccine is not mandatory, apparently we still live in a democracy

A representative democracy, in which we live, means the people vote in the people who make the laws. Not that the laws are ones you approve of "

So few people understand this. We empower MPs to make decisions on our behalf and their full time job is to study the evidence and make informed decisions. Representative democracy is the only practical choice for a society like ours. It also removes the problems of the tyranny of the majority - such as we now suffer in the form of Brexit.

The social contract balances individual liberty with collectice responsibility and debates about that relationship are valid i guess

Manchester (she/her)

A representative democracy, in which we live, means the people vote in the people who make the laws. Not that the laws are ones you approve of

So few people understand this. We empower MPs to make decisions on our behalf and their full time job is to study the evidence and make informed decisions. Representative democracy is the only practical choice for a society like ours. It also removes the problems of the tyranny of the majority - such as we now suffer in the form of Brexit.

The social contract balances individual liberty with collectice responsibility and debates about that relationship are valid i guess"

At the moment MPs are trying to dodge the public uproar that they're letting water companies dump raw shit into our waterways and pass on the fines to consumers.

Yup, we still live in a democracy. Enough people voted for the party who seem to think this is a good idea, in enough concentration that they got in. Our next power, generally speaking, is at the next election.

It's all a bit crappy, but people, well, voted for this shit. That's democracy.

Pointless really. My fiancée is double vaccinated and has been in bed all week ill

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Pointless really. My fiancée is double vaccinated and has been in bed all week ill "

15 confirmed cases at gym in Darlinghurst, NSW.

A gym which only allows access to people who are double vaccinated and can prove it with a vaccination passport.

Discriminatory controls don’t work.

Central

Pointless really. My fiancée is double vaccinated and has been in bed all week ill

A gym which only allows access to people who are double vaccinated and can prove it with a vaccination passport.

"

Anecdotes aren't the stuff of reliable, quantitative evidence.

How are the results in places using control measures overall compared, for example, with England?

here

How are the results in places using control measures overall compared, for example, with England? "

Anecdotes… ah yes, that’s how to brush it off!

“NSW Health is warning anyone who attended a busy inner city gym in Sydney to get tested for COVID-19 immediately after 15 confirmed cases were traced back to the venue.

“We have been notified of 15 confirmed cases of COVID-19 who either attended City Gym, Darlinghurst, while infectious or acquired their infection at the venue,” NSW Health said on Wednesday.

“People who attended this gym at certain times on 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 or 25 October 2021 are considered casual contacts and must immediately get tested and isolate until a negative result is received.”

The dates and times of transmission are:

8am to 11am on Saturday 23 October

5pm to 7.30pm on Saturday 23 October

6am to 11am on Friday 22 October

1.30pm to 4pm on Friday 22 October

6am to 4.15pm on Thursday 21 October

6am to 11.30am on Wednesday 20 October

6am to 9am on Tuesday 19 October

5.30pm to 7pm on Tuesday 19 October

All day on Monday 18 October”

Central

Pointless really. My fiancée is double vaccinated and has been in bed all week ill "

Definitely better than in a morgue, where the unvaccinated are more likely, tragically, to end up, due to higher levels of serious illness and death.

Central

How are the results in places using control measures overall compared, for example, with England?

“NSW Health is warning anyone who attended a busy inner city gym in Sydney to get tested for COVID-19 immediately after 15 confirmed cases were traced back to the venue.

“We have been notified of 15 confirmed cases of COVID-19 who either attended City Gym, Darlinghurst, while infectious or acquired their infection at the venue,” NSW Health said on Wednesday.

“People who attended this gym at certain times on 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 or 25 October 2021 are considered casual contacts and must immediately get tested and isolate until a negative result is received.”

"

It's a good approach, to be issuing alerts whilst people could be infected and ignorant of it, whilst infecting others.

You 'brush off' the superiority of credible, quantitative evidence against anecdotes

here

It's a good approach, to be issuing alerts whilst people could be infected and ignorant of it, whilst infecting others.

You 'brush off' the superiority of credible, quantitative evidence against anecdotes "

“…. or acquired their infection at the gym …” - NSW Health

They obviously have credible evidence

I have scared lungs from pneumonia as a kid. It could kill me.

My dad was in intensive care twice. Now lives with the after effects of stress.

I’ve already insulted anti vaxcers in another thread. Yep u can find it yourself if you really want.

By *_MariusMan  over a year ago

Currently Faraway

It could be implemented by way of allowing only a) vaccinated people in restaurants/leisure/fun indoor places b) people with a certificate of previous COVID 19 illness and c) people who have provided proof of that 72-hour test thing, plus! identification proof. That's what the conservative government over here means by "lockdown for the unvaccinated". We found out first-hand by almost being refused a seat at the restaurant of IKEA. Then again, it also depends on how conscientious an establishment is. Some sex cinemas here only ask for the vaccination certificate but not identification, which opens the door for massive cheating.

By *ombikerMan  over a year ago

the right side of the river

It could be implemented by way of allowing only a) vaccinated people in restaurants/leisure/fun indoor places b) people with a certificate of previous COVID 19 illness and c) people who have provided proof of that 72-hour test thing, plus! identification proof. That's what the conservative government over here means by "lockdown for the unvaccinated". We found out first-hand by almost being refused a seat at the restaurant of IKEA. Then again, it also depends on how conscientious an establishment is. Some sex cinemas here only ask for the vaccination certificate but not identification, which opens the door for massive cheating. "

This is happening in Ireland now.

And talk of local lockdowns on the way

By *ombikerMan  over a year ago

the right side of the river

"I have scared lungs from pneumonia as a kid. It could kill me.

I’ve already insulted anti vaxcers in another thread. Yep u can find it yourself if you really want.

"

I am by no mans anti vaccine.

I have had more vaccines that most people.

But I am pro choice.

If you are of compromised health then by all means have a vaccine, wear a mask, isolate yourself from society, but only if you choose to. If you choose to take the risk of living your life then you should be free to do that also.

Quarantine is where you isolate sick people.

When you do it to healthy people that’s called imprisonment.

These is an old proverb that I can’t quote exactly but goes something like " do not let the fear of death stop you living your life”

But a bit of common sense is required also. Maybe it should be renamed “not so common sense”

By *_MariusMan  over a year ago

Currently Faraway

"I have scared lungs from pneumonia as a kid. It could kill me.

I am by no mans anti vaccine.

I have had more vaccines that most people.

But I am pro choice.

If you are of compromised health then by all means have a vaccine, wear a mask, isolate yourself from society, but only if you choose to. If you choose to take the risk of living your life then you should be free to do that also.

Quarantine is where you isolate sick people.

When you do it to healthy people that’s called imprisonment.

These is an old proverb that I can’t quote exactly but goes something like " do not let the fear of death stop you living your life”

But a bit of common sense is required also. Maybe it should be renamed “not so common sense”"

I'm a bit sceptical about imposing the vaccines too... I've had the Pfizer one...Through my "educated", non-medical guess point, I am assuming that probably a vaccinated person is likely to carry a lower viral load? But, isn't even that lower viral load not enough to cause somebody's death who is, say, dangerously vulnerable, if it is passed on? Maybe the medical community hasn't gathered enough evidence yet or maybe they have and the mass media/politicians consortium are doing a great calculated job of misinformation...

"Back on topic...

Because its becoming pretty standard to attack the opposition to group think. Its not just the vaccine.

By *ottom charlieMan  over a year ago

washington

a good excuse for all the lazy bone idle buggers to stop at home and get government hand outs at our expense,,,

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

If voting changed anything ...they'd make it illegal ...well the boundary changes along with photo id will ensure we are ruled by the likes of Boris till....and only 44% voted for Boris and co ...so the majority voted for someone or something else but according to Boris and co the majority rule when of course it suites them..

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

We had the special secret knowledge people out in Plymland on saturday and protesting about science trying to keep them alive ..ironic really as at least half of them wouldn't have made it to Adulthood with out vaccinations/science though xxx

By *d6869Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

More police on the streets, good luck with that, other crimes rates will rise too

68% of hospital admissions are double jabbed

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

[Removed by poster at 01/11/21 10:55:04]

. Hmm. Forcing people to vote whether or not they support any of the options offered. Strange version of democracy.

Durham

68% of hospital admissions are double jabbed "

even if this is correct. Nearly 90% of adults over 24 are double jabbed so if the vaccine wasn't working you would expect at least 90% of people in hospital To be double jabbed. In fact you expect it to be much higher as the older and more vulnerable people are pretty much all double jabbed.

By *entleman of GirthMan  over a year ago

Copthorne

"i think anyone who doesnt vote should be made to wear a mini skirt, put in the local stocks and get shagged by strangers.... just an idea..

But I like voting "

Yeah - who doesn’t like an erection!

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

68% of hospital admissions are double jabbed "

Wait for it....

But... But.. But..

"

There’s a wealth of information available on vaccinations, the science is very clear

"

I'm so sorry but there has been a live debate wanted and asked for since March 2020 with the governments advisers/scientists verses the peoples/public scientists. The BBC would not take this on neither would any other media outlet due to being owned and ordered not to due to being part of this narrative. No open live aired debate will ever happen as the government do not need to be seen live on television unable to answer questions or more have 'their' science proved wrong and have to try explain why 'their' science is wrong or worse lie to the nation live as to why 'their' science is wrong. Unfortunately because it is now proved that their wasn't anything of substantial worry with covid but it got hyped up and blew out of proportion with lies on statistics of deaths (ask any undertakers) then the so called vaccine injections were given out causing the real and dangerous virus of 'something' we know little about and unfortunately the uptake of injections of has continued at a rate of which is unbelievable this has now caused the 'something' to be shedding out of the fully immunised with all their injections which is causing anyone around them whether vaccinated or unvacvinated to be falling ill of the 'something' leaking out of them spreading to everyone around them? Unfortunately it is the vaccinated who are causing the spread of this virus and it has mutated differently inside each and everyone of the infected/injected so when passing this virus on each case will be different from the other giving an endless variety of new varients. I'm sorry but we are the problem here we have caused this problem getting voluntary injected/infected with something we know nothing about and which we aren't allowed to discuss or openly debate about. They have kept us quiet hidden away and alone for the sole reason of breaking us down with the promise of a saviour to get 'back to normal' in the guise of an injection/infection and unfortunately for the human race we jumped at the chance both feet first up to our necks in injections/infections. This is the NWO agenda 21/30 no getting away from it no getting out of it we are in the middle of a long lasting experiment which is for no benefit of our own we are being played with and it is going to get far far worse before it can get better. This is only my opinion though so take it how you like but please comment below xx

68% of hospital admissions are double jabbed

Wait for it....

But... But.. But.. "

. They will be, obviously. Same as every double jabbed person is going to die !!!!!!

Well as someone who has had both vaccines.

I do not have a paranoia about the unvaccinated. I trust the vaccine to keep me safe so do not need unvaccinated to be kept clear.

The whole vaccine passport thing is almost as if they dont think the vaccines work.

If your ok with vaccine passports then you should also be ok with compulsory identity cards. After all you dont have anything to hide and they help to keep people safe as it makes identifcation easier for both age related purchases and when people offend.