FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > NHS booster booking site not allowing booking

NHS booster booking site not allowing booking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We noted our jabs have been over 6 months but the site is still not allowing us to book a booster.

That fart of a Javid and other farts from number ten are harping on about how people must get their booster shots.

We dont work for the nhs or soc services but certainly meet the criteria IE, aged 50+ and had our jabs over 6 months ago

WTF fucking fuck is going on?

The farts on tv and radio bleat on about contact the GP, but GP can hardly manage phone appontments.

Someone on a radio station call in said they just tunred up at a booster centre and got the jab - Only caught part of their call but i was guessing they were over 50 and not working for soc servs or nhs.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've heard a lot of people say they can't book, even though they want to.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You can't just book them at the moment even if your 6 months is up in most areas. You have to wait to get a text. They are looking at changing this.

Thanks to both. The NHS website states and I quote

"Who can use this service

The NHS will contact you to let you know when you're eligible to use this service.

This will be at least 6 months after your 2nd dose of the vaccine if you're either:

aged 50 and over

aged 16 and over with a health condition that puts you at high risk from COVID-19

You can also use this service if you're a frontline health and social care worker. You'll be able to book an appointment for a booster dose if it's been at least 6 months since your 2nd dose"

Cleary states you can use the webiste to book

"Thanks to both. The NHS website states and I quote

The NHS will contact you to let you know when you're eligible to use this service.

This will be at least 6 months after your 2nd dose of the vaccine if you're either:

aged 50 and over

aged 16 and over with a health condition that puts you at high risk from COVID-19

You can also use this service if you're a frontline health and social care worker. You'll be able to book an appointment for a booster dose if it's been at least 6 months since your 2nd dose"

Cleary states you can use the webiste to book"

But it very clearly also States they will contact you when you can book so yes you are eligible to use the service just not yet.

My partner had a booster today and got a text, after the text he was able to book but couldn't before.

Sadly it does not "clearly state" anyhting

EG

"If you think you should be eligible for the vaccine you can call the helpline on 119."

But at the start and what the politicians/farts fart on about book your booster

AND

I recall a caller on the radio saying he's "rang 119 told it was now '6 months plus a day' he thrn tried at 6 months and a day a few days ago could not book and was told by 119 that now it was and I quote

"If you have not been contacted and it's been 6 months and 1 week (190 days) since your 2nd dose, please try to book your appointment using this service."

and this is now printed on the front page.

today the farts are saying you can start booking a booster at 5 months but wont get the booster until month 6.

wasting out time and as usal slow off the mark.

Thanks

"My partner had a booster today and got a text, after the text he was able to book but couldn't before. "

My wife just told me a friend that had the jab a few days before we did managed to get hers yesterday

All very confusing and worrying.

"Sadly it does not "clearly state" anyhting

EG

"If you think you should be eligible for the vaccine you can call the helpline on 119."

AND

I recall a caller on the radio saying he's "rang 119 told it was now '6 months plus a day' he thrn tried at 6 months and a day a few days ago could not book and was told by 119 that now it was and I quote

"If you have not been contacted and it's been 6 months and 1 week (190 days) since your 2nd dose, please try to book your appointment using this service."

today the farts are saying you can start booking a booster at 5 months but wont get the booster until month 6.

Thanks

"

OK but it does clearly state you need to be contacted but secondly you've just answered your own question you need to call the number then.

We have both been called for our booster so maybe your area is just slower I've no idea, I was only trying to help.

I had my booster yesterday, as I had mine through docs they text me and I just had to book. All OK apart from sore and achey muscles.

"I had my booster yesterday, as I had mine through docs they text me and I just had to book. All OK apart from sore and achey muscles."

Hi

you over 50 and or vulerable and how long after 6 months pleaase

Around london its hubs and not gp's doing the jabs as gp's busy with flu jabs - i get my flur jab next week

"Sadly it does not "clearly state" anyhting

EG

AND

Thanks

OK but it does clearly state you need to be contacted but secondly you've just answered your own question you need to call the number then.

We have both been called for our booster so maybe your area is just slower I've no idea, I was only trying to help. "

when you call 119, they have the same booking sytem as we use and say "call the gp."

What we are experiencing has been experiend by thousands.

thanks

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I had my booster yesterday, as I had mine through docs they text me and I just had to book. All OK apart from sore and achey muscles.

Hi

Around london its hubs and not gp's doing the jabs as gp's busy with flu jabs - i get my flur jab next week"

You might be offered the COVID booster at the same time as the flu jab. My GP is doing COVID+flu vaccines for those eligible at the moment.

My Dad had his booster (he's 82) after receipt of a letter from the NHS, after which time he booked online.

"I had my booster yesterday, as I had mine through docs they text me and I just had to book. All OK apart from sore and achey muscles.

Hi

Around london its hubs and not gp's doing the jabs as gp's busy with flu jabs - i get my flur jab next week"

We are in London and it's our GP doing them.

Hi

Around london its hubs and not gp's doing the jabs as gp's busy with flu jabs - i get my flur jab next week

You might be offered the COVID booster at the same time as the flu jab. My GP is doing COVID+flu vaccines for those eligible at the moment.

My Dad had his booster (he's 82) after receipt of a letter from the NHS, after which time he booked online. "

Yeah that's what happened with Ash's mum but we both had the flu jab separately. It really seems to be dependent on your postcode.

That's what I was offered both but as I hadn't had flu jab before they just gave me booster.

thanks all for sharing helping.

btw, we rang our gp surgery a big hub type they said atm no plans to do boosters just flur and they started 2 weeks re flu jabs

By *FFB69Woman  over a year ago

Torfaen/Gwent

aged 50 and over

It's in your own post... I'm not sure how much more clearly it can say "the NHS will contact you"

The "booking service" also clearly says it's for "frontline health and social care worker."

The issue seems to be comprehension, not the service.

Icalled them Friday to be told that the November appointments are not being released until November and to call back then!!

aged 50 and over

It's in your own post... I'm not sure how much more clearly it can say "the NHS will contact you"

The "booking service" also clearly says it's for "frontline health and social care worker."

The issue seems to be comprehension, not the service. "

Thats what I was trying to explain too. You have wait for a text or letter before you can use the service.

North West

"Icalled them Friday to be told that the November appointments are not being released until November and to call back then!!"

So call back in November, which is a week tomorrow. The logistics of trying to plan the appointments far ahead of time is challenging to say the least. My GP surgery planned a bunch of booster clinics but had to cancel on the day due to supplies from NHS central resourcing not being delivered. That incurred the ire of the people who had already set off or in some cases, queued up ahead of time. Better to book a guaranteed short notice appointment than feel like you're being mucked about when things planned far ahead get cocked up.

By *r A.Man  over a year ago

Hull

aged 50 and over

Booking is not yet available unless your frontline staff. We contact you when your eligible for your booster.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

aged 50 and over

The issue seems to be comprehension, not the service. "

It actually says it's ALSO for frontline health and social care workers...

aged 50 and over

It actually says it's ALSO for frontline health and social care workers..."

It makes it very clear you have to wait for an invite however health and social care workers can also use the service but they don't have to wait to be invited. It asks this question when you try to book.

North West

This is what it says:

aged 50 and over

aged 16 and over with a health condition that puts you at high risk from COVID-19.

You can also use this service if you're a frontline health and social care worker. You'll be able to book an appointment for a booster dose if it's been at least 6 months since your 2nd dose.

There's two distinct sections to the text. The first section, preceded by the statement "The NHS will contact you to let you know when you're eligible to use this service" is aimed at none healthcare workers.

The second section makes specific reference to frontline healthcare workers and so is aimed only at them. It states that people in this category can use this service [the online booking service] to book their booster and gives criteria about period after the second dose.

It is quite clear that non-healthcare workers must wait to be contacted about the booster. This is happening, ongoing now. My Dad had his second dose in January, as did many people at the very start of the rollout. He is 82, so in the oldest age category but didn't get invited for a booster till early October. That was 9 months after his second dose. People will need to be patient.

"This is what it says:

aged 50 and over

aged 16 and over with a health condition that puts you at high risk from COVID-19.

You can also use this service if you're a frontline health and social care worker. You'll be able to book an appointment for a booster dose if it's been at least 6 months since your 2nd dose.

There's two distinct sections to the text. The first section, preceded by the statement "The NHS will contact you to let you know when you're eligible to use this service" is aimed at none healthcare workers.

The second section makes specific reference to frontline healthcare workers and so is aimed only at them. It states that people in this category can use this service [the online booking service] to book their booster and gives criteria about period after the second dose.

It is quite clear that non-healthcare workers must wait to be contacted about the booster. This is happening, ongoing now. My Dad had his second dose in January, as did many people at the very start of the rollout. He is 82, so in the oldest age category but didn't get invited for a booster till early October. That was 9 months after his second dose. People will need to be patient. "

Exactly!

Ash's mum is 90 and also had her 2ed at the beginning of January. She had her booster 2 weeks ago.

I really don't understand people being so impatient, the people that have waited way over 6 months should definitely be priority and most health care workers fall into this category too.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Look for your local vaccination centre and just walk in. Anyone who's eligible can do that now. We're doing loads of walk-ins at the centres I work at

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

We do walk ins at our GP led site, no longer invite only...

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I agree with the posts above saying be patient. My parents (87 and 83) had their second dose January and are having their boosters 6th November.

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

I got a text from my GP surgery 6 months and 4 days after my second jab. I was then able to access the online booking and had a wide choice of appointment times and vaccination centres that I could book the very next day.

All worked wonderfully. I followed the clearly stated procedures.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"We do walk ins at our GP led site, no longer invite only..."

Walk ins for the booster ?

"We do walk ins at our GP led site, no longer invite only...

Walk ins for the booster ?"

I've heard about that on the radio but not in our area and nor with anyone we know.

The NHS moved the goalposts from 6 months and one day to recently 6 months and one week.

you are entitled to book via nhs site if 50 and over and or vulnerable adult I think. Site states contact gp if you are being refused and you are 50 and over but gp's autmated system states ay our surgery to call '119' - 119 has the same info as what you see when you login to the NHS booster site.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

A little bit of patience, there are a lot of people that need a booster who had theirs a lot longer than six months ago. Add into that those that still need their second jab or indeed first jab.

My folks are early 70s and exactly the same age, one has been called and had their booster, the other is still waiting to be called. They live in two different health trusts but had their 1st/2nd jabs, oddly, on the same days.

I’m due mine in mid December but really not expecting to get called until January at the earliest.

There are a lot of people to get done, along with the flu vaccines and other school vaccines also due these next couple of months. There are only so many staff, with one set of hands.

North West

I've heard about that on the radio but not in our area and nor with anyone we know.

The NHS moved the goalposts from 6 months and one day to recently 6 months and one week.

you are entitled to book via nhs site if 50 and over and or vulnerable adult I think. Site states contact gp if you are being refused and you are 50 and over but gp's autmated system states ay our surgery to call '119' - 119 has the same info as what you see when you login to the NHS booster site.

"

For the umpteenth time, the online booking system for boosters is ONLY for healthcare professionals! You, the over 50s, should wait your turn for your GP to tell you to book.

North West

"

For the umpteenth time, the online booking system for boosters is ONLY for healthcare professionals! You, the over 50s, should wait your turn for your GP to tell you to book.

[Removed by poster at 25/10/21 12:44:36]

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Had a text booked an online appointment and got my jab within a week.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"This is what it says:

aged 50 and over

It is quite clear that non-healthcare workers must wait to be contacted about the booster. This is happening, ongoing now. My Dad had his second dose in January, as did many people at the very start of the rollout. He is 82, so in the oldest age category but didn't get invited for a booster till early October. That was 9 months after his second dose. People will need to be patient.

Exactly!

Ash's mum is 90 and also had her 2ed at the beginning of January. She had her booster 2 weeks ago.

I really don't understand people being so impatient, the people that have waited way over 6 months should definitely be priority and most health care workers fall into this category too. "

If the entire strategy is to get everyone over 50 triple jabbed, then being able to book ahead would seem to be a sensible option. There's no point in bemoaning sluggish take up if people can't even get a booking ahead of time to ensure that theyre able to get the booster asap after 6 months. That's just common sense surely?

North West

"This is what it says:

aged 50 and over

Exactly!

I really don't understand people being so impatient, the people that have waited way over 6 months should definitely be priority and most health care workers fall into this category too.

If the entire strategy is to get everyone over 50 triple jabbed, then being able to book ahead would seem to be a sensible option. There's no point in bemoaning sluggish take up if people can't even get a booking ahead of time to ensure that theyre able to get the booster asap after 6 months. That's just common sense surely?"

The patchy and unreliable supply of vaccines is a major reason for the short notice booking. My GP tried to organise booster clinics well ahead of time and ended up cancelling on the day, some people were already queuing outside. That was because promised vaccine was not delivered and they didn't have enough to do a clinic. Vaccine supply is not something individual GP surgeries or vaccine centres can control.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Had a text, not from GP, I can book, but miles away, so will wait for a text from my GP. They are doing flu and Covid together. However, I don't know how long I have to wait, so I've booked my flu jab, next week, at a pharmacy. Hubby had his jabs 3 weeks ago.

By *KFUN999Man  over a year ago

maidstone

Try again the wife had the same..

But managed to book yesterday

By *ohnj21Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Point is when didn't they start boosters fully in September as goverment stated.

Had all summer to sort.

Totally waste of space this goverment

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"This is what it says:

aged 50 and over

Exactly!

If the entire strategy is to get everyone over 50 triple jabbed, then being able to book ahead would seem to be a sensible option. There's no point in bemoaning sluggish take up if people can't even get a booking ahead of time to ensure that theyre able to get the booster asap after 6 months. That's just common sense surely?"

They don't do common sense, as you'll have noticed by their strategy since the virus was identified. They do like to give themselves opportunities to apportion blame, so they always have some get out of jail free cards, just in case.

Leeds

Disgrace

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"We do walk ins at our GP led site, no longer invite only..."

Yes so do we but we still can't give the booster if it has been less than 6 months since the second vaccine. If they turn up too early we don't give it.

I got my booster yesterday, I had a text from the NHS and booked online, but as I was waiting to be seen a couple walked in on spec and were both jabbed. I don't know what is happening in the rest of the country but in Sheffield it seems fine to just turn up.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Point is when didn't they start boosters fully in September as goverment stated.

Had all summer to sort.

Totally waste of space this goverment "

I have no idea why there is so much negativity on here surrounding the booster jab....

The number of booster jabs given out so far is over 5.1 million. 24th October 325,140 boosters were administered and 800,000 over the last 72 hours.

10 million people are eligible for the booster, meaning they are already over half the way through.

My covid booster was originally arranged at my GP practice, to be adminstered at the same time as the flu jab.

As the flu jab is the adjuvanted type, I declined to have them both together at that time. i had the flu jab then. I arranged to have the covid jab at the vaccination centre, and had it this morning.

No problems at all arranging it.

By *tue555Man  over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

aged 50 and over

Thats what I was trying to explain too. You have wait for a text or letter before you can use the service. "

Was going to stay out of this thread. OP is the booster actually the issue or using it as a vehicle to air your anti government rhetoric

My father has only just had his and he's in his 80s

If you are due then sure you'll be notified,

"Point is when didn't they start boosters fully in September as goverment stated.

Had all summer to sort.

I have no idea why there is so much negativity on here surrounding the booster jab....

The number of booster jabs given out so far is over 5.1 million. 24th October 325,140 boosters were administered and 800,000 over the last 72 hours.

10 million people are eligible for the booster, meaning they are already over half the way through. "

It's actually 30 million people.

Everyone that was in the top 9 priority groups is being offered a booster. That is all those over 50, In the extremely high risk and very high risk categories under 50 and nhs and care staff.

I think given the logistics and magnitude of this task it is going well and people just need to be patient.

Terra Firma

Had all summer to sort.

10 million people are eligible for the booster, meaning they are already over half the way through.

Everyone that was in the top 9 priority groups is being offered a booster. That is all those over 50, In the extremely high risk and very high risk categories under 50 and nhs and care staff.

I think given the logistics and magnitude of this task it is going well and people just need to be patient. "

Doh, I was looking at England figures only. Nationally it is 30 million

Had all summer to sort.

I think given the logistics and magnitude of this task it is going well and people just need to be patient.

Doh, I was looking at England figures only. Nationally it is 30 million "

It's still way more than 10 million in England because there are only just over 10 million in the other 3 nations.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Had all summer to sort.

10 million people are eligible for the booster, meaning they are already over half the way through. "

some just like to slag off the government mate thats why.

Leeds

Rubbish it's 30 miliion eligible gkr booster

Leeds

Had all summer to sort.

10 million people are eligible for the booster, meaning they are already over half the way through. some just like to slag off the government mate thats why."

30 million eliable for booster 1st 4 groups is 14cmillion vulnerable than over 5o another 16 million.

Negativity goverment a disgrace. You don't think there doing a good job ask 169 k who have died what they think. Disgrace

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 26/10/21 13:27:58]

Terra Firma

Had all summer to sort.

10 million people are eligible for the booster, meaning they are already over half the way through. some just like to slag off the government mate thats why.

30 million eliable for booster 1st 4 groups is 14cmillion vulnerable than over 5o another 16 million.

Negativity goverment a disgrace. You don't think there doing a good job ask 169 k who have died what they think. Disgrace "

Sticking to the booster jab discussion and its availability, what would you have done differently?

Terra Firma

Had all summer to sort.

Doh, I was looking at England figures only. Nationally it is 30 million

It's still way more than 10 million in England because there are only just over 10 million in the other 3 nations.

"

Whatever the number, my point is they are doing a great job administering the booster jab.

For your info here is the NHS update that gives you the England details, which is sort of what I said.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/2021/10/nhs-delivers-booster-vaccine-to-half-of-eligible-people-aged-50-and-over/

» Add a new message to this topic