FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Anti vax sending private messages ?

Anti vax sending private messages ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *izzy. OP   Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

Can I ask if anyone else in favour of vaccines, is getting unpleasant messages from people who are against the vaccine?

I have blocked the person and reported it to admin. But I was wondering if other people are getting targeted in a similar way ?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Can I ask if anyone else in favour of vaccines, is getting unpleasant messages from people who are against the vaccine?

I have blocked the person and reported it to admin. But I was wondering if other people are getting targeted in a similar way ?

"

I’ve been the subject of this - but the other way round.

I’m not anti vax but I’m unvaccinated and have had MULTIPLE

messages from pro-vax fanatics!!

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

Can we have a bit of context to messages.

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

Rarelly. I had one yesterday but it was not really nasty. To his/her credit, he/she did not block me so I sent a polite answer.

So far I have not reported/blocked anyone even when an unsolicited message was really inapppropriate.

"Can I ask if anyone else in favour of vaccines, is getting unpleasant messages from people who are against the vaccine?

"

Yes same. I told him to go away.

Nothing to report him for, just a very strange person.

Stoke area

messages from pro-vax fanatics!! "

I am genuinely sorry to hear that. My personal view, although I am very much in favour, is that it should be up to each individual to make their own mind up providing they have accurate information.

Stoke area

"Can we have a bit of context to messages. "

The message to me started with the usual "it's experminental".

Then continued with incorrect facts regarding its safety, suggesting I was in the wrong speaking positively about the vaccine. I did find it challenging and upsetting.

I am aware that the PM may have affected me more than others, as I've explained how my ex husband nearly died and I had to sit down with my 24 year old son, to discuss how I'd help him organise things if his dad died, as the hospital didn't expect him to survive.

But this person does not appear to be posting replies in the forum openly and I consider contacting me privately to be inappropriate.

Hence why I wondered if this was a common occurrence.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We've had messages from anti vaxxers and from pro vax people. While the anti vax ones haven't been exactly friendly in tone they haven't been abusive. Both sets of people are wasting their time because we are staunchly pro individual choice.

By *astlincscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Tinsel Town

It's not just the antivax people.

Certain individuals like to send abusive messages just because opinions differ in the forums.

Don't take it to heart, just leave it unread for a few days then delete it. It's all thier opinion is really worth.

"

Had one about some fella in kerry dying from the vaccine after we put up we had been vaccinated. Quickly blocked them. Don't see the need to engage with them as engage enough with them on social media.

We had one a few days ago crossed my mind it was that but gave them the benefit of the doubt. therefore no reporting etc and did not even block

I am very open minded/Mr - I like to hear what others want to say and hope I have the capacity to make an informed decision on what is best for me and my family

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

I've had two from lockdown enthusiasts. Both were unpleasant in tone

Yes we have but he couldn’t do that two way debating thing so he took the cowards way out and blocked us.

T

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Yes I got one idiot spamming links. Blocked

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"

yes i have had private messages calling me a moron for supporting the vaccine program the irony of it.

By *urvySub87Woman  over a year ago

Near Wellingborough

I had some weirdo message me just after my first jab. Telling me I was going to die from all the nasty side effects and he wouldn't fuck anyone who had had it as it was essentially a new std strange person

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

I've had a few from the antis and a few from the pros... I get more from the it's all about control etc which tend to be a bit abusive.

Not really what I had in mind when someone said... Join the forums.. Its a great way to make new friends!

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

Sadly it does happen.

I had a rather pleasant chap call me a murderer a while back when he wrong added two facts (I’m vaccinated and I’m a pharmacist) together and assumed I am a vaccinator.

If people had proper belief in their opinion then they’d be posting them publicly. Not being nasty and snide privately.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"I've had a few from the antis and a few from the pros... I get more from the it's all about control etc which tend to be a bit abusive.

Not really what I had in mind when someone said... Join the forums.. Its a great way to make new friends! "

Yep it's a control thing.

There was a post the other day, and if you followed the replies it looked like six of them were having a group wank in the same room, aggressively mastebating on who to belittle next.

If someone has to privately message you to get thier point accross then they have automatically lost any debate.

It's a cowards tactic and shows thier level of intelect regardless of how well worded the message may be.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

messages from pro-vax fanatics!! "

Just proves that there are always idiots and zealots on either side of any fence.

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"

Yep have had it a few times. They send nonsense links they clearly havent read or understood and think they've proven vaccines don't work/are experimental/are less effective than catching covid etc...

Redditch

Just proves that there are always idiots and zealots on either side of any fence."

If you have turned down the vaccine, you are against the vaccine (unless medically exempt). You clearly have no desire for others to get the vaccine given your opposition to having it but dont want to be thought of as ignorant or a lunatic.

Nothing wrong with being a zealot when you are right. It's zealots who are wrong who do the damage

Tin town

Just proves that there are always idiots and zealots on either side of any fence."

I think being passionate about something can be good and can be very attractive... I'm still new to the social meedjer stuff and I find the abuse and misinformation really toxic, possibly even dangerous at times... Of course it can be fun too but one seems to go alongside the other.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"

I've had a few in the past, or sending me links to bonkers websites, proving how "Bill Gates has the patent on Covid-19" or "5G is being used to control the minds of everyone who has been jabbed"... It's actually hilarious what some people believe.

I generally just report and block. The strangest thing though is that the people sending the messages don't even post on the forums that they message from.

Cal

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Just proves that there are always idiots and zealots on either side of any fence.

If you have turned down the vaccine, you are against the vaccine (unless medically exempt). You clearly have no desire for others to get the vaccine given your opposition to having it but dont want to be thought of as ignorant or a lunatic.

Nothing wrong with being a zealot when you are right. It's zealots who are wrong who do the damage"

I don't think anybody has the right to bully or aggressively push their views onto others.

Being vaccinated isn't a magic bullet, there's plenty of people who think being vaccinated gives them invincibility and plenty who aren't vaccinated who take sensible precautions. And obviously vice-versa.

I think its up to individuals to do what's right for them and people are free to express their views on a public forum without private, personal attack or spamming.

Tin town

Nothing wrong with being a zealot when you are right. It's zealots who are wrong who do the damage

I don't think anybody has the right to bully or aggressively push their views onto others.

Being vaccinated isn't a magic bullet, there's plenty of people who think being vaccinated gives them invincibility and plenty who aren't vaccinated who take sensible precautions. And obviously vice-versa.

I think its up to individuals to do what's right for them and people are free to express their views on a public forum without private, personal attack or spamming."

Redditch

I wouldnt PM someone as it's a waste of time. Public vilification is fine by me though. Those who have decided to benefit from vaccines being widely used but who refuse to get one should be mocked in the same way we mock any ridiculous and hypocritical viewpoints. Freedom of choice isnt freedom from criticism. If you publically express an opinion then you accept that your opinion may be ripped apart by others

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Abuse from anyone shouldn't be sent or be acceptable in any circumstances.

I'm not anti jabs I've had many, by definition I'm not anti vax(er) I'm not anti the covid jab.

I'll wager good money that the majority of people who have not had the covid jab have had jabs previously. By definition not anti vax(ers)

Its media driven and negative by conotation, if you wish to label people please find a better term.

Nothing wrong with being a zealot when you are right. It's zealots who are wrong who do the damage"

This is exactly the type of message I received.

FYI couldn’t give a fuck if people have the vaccine or not. Your body, your choice

I got one yesterday after I replied to a thread on here I just deleted the message and blocked him.

Redditch

"Abuse from anyone shouldn't be sent or be acceptable in any circumstances.

I'm not anti jabs I've had many, by definition I'm not anti vax(er) I'm not anti the covid jab.

I'll wager good money that the majority of people who have not had the covid jab have had jabs previously. By definition not anti vax(ers)

Its media driven and negative by conotation, if you wish to label people please find a better term."

Having had jabs before and not having jabs this time just makes you newly anti-vax. You get grouped with them because you are a denomination of the anti vax community who say silly things like this vaccine is EXPERIMENTAL or lack LONG TERM DATA with no idea why these arguments are complete nonsense

Redditch

This is exactly the type of message I received.

FYI couldn’t give a fuck if people have the vaccine or not. Your body, your choice "

If hardly anyone had the vaccine then those people would care greatly about the behaviour of others. Its alstrange not to care what others choose to do when this is about transmission and collectively lowering the rates. If you choose not to help lower transmission rates then i choose to care in the form of being annoyed at you

Its media driven and negative by conotation, if you wish to label people please find a better term.

Having had jabs before and not having jabs this time just makes you newly anti-vax. You get grouped with them because you are a denomination of the anti vax community who say silly things like this vaccine is EXPERIMENTAL or lack LONG TERM DATA with no idea why these arguments are complete nonsense"

Makes me none of the sort, I take all drugs having assesed the pro v con.. all were voluntary and none I declined came with an "anti" label

Did you call folk anti vax when they didn't take up other jabs ? Doubt it.

You have a fab day.

No, but then I don’t publicise whether or not I’ve been jabbed, after all it’s my decision and nothing to do with other people., if guys don’t want to meet me on account they don’t know if I’ve had the vaccine or not, that’s their problem not mine, and their loss.

The vaccine isn’t new nor “experimental” lol, where do people get their information from? first of all the took the flu vaccine and simply (ok maybe not that simply) redefined it with the antibodies of the man who first had it. They started on the vaccine in January 2020 before it seemingly reached the UK

By *unmatt888Man  over a year ago

Marlborough

"Its media driven and negative by conotation, if you wish to label people please find a better term."

OK, “pro-disease” it is then.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Having had jabs before and not having jabs this time just makes you newly anti-vax. You get grouped with them because you are a denomination of the anti vax community who say silly things like this vaccine is EXPERIMENTAL or lack LONG TERM DATA with no idea why these arguments are complete nonsense

Makes me none of the sort, I take all drugs having assesed the pro v con.. all were voluntary and none I declined came with an "anti" label

Did you call folk anti vax when they didn't take up other jabs ? Doubt it.

You have a fab day.

"

The term anti vax has existed in various forms since Jenner. *Shrug*

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

I think its up to individuals to do what's right for them and people are free to express their views on a public forum without private, personal attack or spamming."

spot on.

“If you have turned down the vaccine, you are against the vaccine”

I’m sorry but no. It really isn’t black and white. That kind of binary argument is IMO exactly what is wrong with social media.

There are still plenty of people who are simply vaccine hesitant, about Covid vaccines. They have had other older established vaccines. They genuinely hope the covid vaccines are ok (long term) and once they have sufficient confidence, they will have the jab.

By *xfordshireCoupleMFCouple  over a year ago

Nr. Oxford

We have received nasty messages from a male when I said I didn’t like wearing masks but would wear if mandated. He blocked us before we could even reply.

Lily

Tin town

I think its up to individuals to do what's right for them and people are free to express their views on a public forum without private, personal attack or spamming.

spot on.

I’m sorry but no. It really isn’t black and white. That kind of binary argument is IMO exactly what is wrong with social media.

There are still plenty of people who are simply vaccine hesitant, about Covid vaccines. They have had other older established vaccines. They genuinely hope the covid vaccines are ok (long term) and once they have sufficient confidence, they will have the jab. "

But an abusive "antivax" is so easy to say... "I agree with vaccines in general but I'm Covid vaccine hesitant" is way too many letters.

Redditch

spot on.

There are still plenty of people who are simply vaccine hesitant, about Covid vaccines. They have had other older established vaccines. They genuinely hope the covid vaccines are ok (long term) and once they have sufficient confidence, they will have the jab.

But an abusive "antivax" is so easy to say... "I agree with vaccines in general but I'm Covid vaccine hesitant" is way too many letters. "

There is enough evidence.

There is no mechanism for the vaccine to do any long term damage. It simply doesnt work like that. Being "vaccine hesitant" is a denomination of anti-vax and shows they have been sold on the propaganda and havent understood the facts

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

"We have received nasty messages from a male when I said I didn’t like wearing masks but would wear if mandated. He blocked us before we could even reply.

Lily "

Does anybody ‘like’ wearing masks though?

We wear them regardless of what we like because they contribute to preventing the spread of the virus.

If the chap who sent us his views on the pandemic reads this I’d like to just confirm that our neighbors as of yet have not died due to starvation because of the covid passport but they indeed thank him for his concern!!!!

T

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"

Yes it happens a lot although not necessarily abusive, more trying to indoctrinate me into there way of thinking. They never post openly as everything they say has already been debunked. Although I've not experienced this elsewhere I'm led to believe that pressure groups of all types join sites/forums to push their agendas. It's basically guerilla marketing which doesn't expose them to mainstream ridicule but allows them access to people who they try to convert and recruit.

I had one or two who had forum bans and wanted to continue off thread. On the whole it resulted in me being blocked!

Redditch

"We have received nasty messages from a male when I said I didn’t like wearing masks but would wear if mandated. He blocked us before we could even reply.

Lily

We wear them regardless of what we like because they contribute to preventing the spread of the virus."

I like wearing a mask as i am self conscious about my teeth and i like having my facial expressions slightly obscured

Manchester (she/her)

Lily

We wear them regardless of what we like because they contribute to preventing the spread of the virus."

Nope. Bloody hate wearing a mask.

Hate the idea of potentially hurting others much more.

By * AND R 777Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

We have had private messages and when we told them what we think if them, they had the cheek to report us and admin gave us a warning have a nice weekend everyone

Stoke

spot on.

There are still plenty of people who are simply vaccine hesitant, about Covid vaccines. They have had other older established vaccines. They genuinely hope the covid vaccines are ok (long term) and once they have sufficient confidence, they will have the jab. "

The argument of having done older established vaccines and not being an antivaxxer does not cut it really.

For the past 10 months the debate vax - antivax centers in one issue only: The covid vaccine. Not the flu or other vaccine. It does not even center on the mRNA vs traditional vaccine. If it was not for the pandemic, most people would not even bother to enter into an argument about vaccines.

If someone is covid vaccine hesitant and borrows arguments or is influenced by arguments of antivaxxers what does this make this person? An antivaxxer.

I have a best friend who is very clever but has been influenced by this antivax propaganda. She has done all the normal vaccines and she and her mother belong to high risk groups. She brought her mother to have the covid vaccine but she is hesitant. She says things such as from her friends who got covid noone had bad symptoms. She believes allegations from a friend of a friend who knows two people who got invermectin and got better. She thinks that by taking vitamin C and D supplements is building her immune system to fight covid better. She went to have the flu vaccine though. Is she an antivaxxer?

Yes she is. Cause she has been affected big time for the information people are sharing on the social media. She believes about people, corporations and big pharmas trying to control people.

In my opinion this pandemic (and the misinformation that comes with it) has created the new antivaxxer. The person who is affected by the info spread by other antivaxxers.

The hesitancy sentiment may be masked as confusion caused by the governments, freedom rights etc but essentially if one is influenced or using arguments used by antivaxxers (old and new) that talk about new world order, global reset, control of the number of the world population is not just a vaccine hesitant.

Manchester (she/her)

Tbh I think the label thing is a distraction, and some rusted on pre Covid vaccine deniers use it to try to legitimise their arguments.

Some people are genuinely hesitant. Some are just pretending. (Not specifically anyone, just, this is a known phenomenon)

Stoke

"Tbh I think the label thing is a distraction, and some rusted on pre Covid vaccine deniers use it to try to legitimise their arguments.

Some people are genuinely hesitant. Some are just pretending. (Not specifically anyone, just, this is a known phenomenon)"

I believe they are some people who are genuinely hesitant. People who had a really bad reaction or know people who had really bad reaction to a vaccine. This is perfectly acceptable and logical. This is why I talk about the extent some people have been influenced by antivaxxers. By sharing sentiments of other antivaxxers are becoming even unconsciously part of the misinformation chain.

Manchester (she/her)

"Tbh I think the label thing is a distraction, and some rusted on pre Covid vaccine deniers use it to try to legitimise their arguments.

Some people are genuinely hesitant. Some are just pretending. (Not specifically anyone, just, this is a known phenomenon)

I believe they are some people who are genuinely hesitant. People who had a really bad reaction or know people who had really bad reaction to a vaccine. This is perfectly acceptable and logical. This is why I talk about the extent some people have been influenced by antivaxxers. By sharing sentiments of other antivaxxers are becoming even unconsciously part of the misinformation chain."

Oh absolutely. But those who are further along the line than the hesitant, hide behind the hesitant. Which I think is pretty despicable. (Again, I'm discussing a cultural phenomenon, not anyone here)

spot on.

The argument of having done older established vaccines and not being an antivaxxer does not cut it really.

For the past 10 months the debate vax - antivax centers in one issue only: The covid vaccine. Not the flu or other vaccine. It does not even center on the mRNA vs traditional vaccine. If it was not for the pandemic, most people would not even bother to enter into an argument about vaccines.

If someone is covid vaccine hesitant and borrows arguments or is influenced by arguments of antivaxxers what does this make this person? An antivaxxer.

I have a best friend who is very clever but has been influenced by this antivax propaganda. She has done all the normal vaccines and she and her mother belong to high risk groups. She brought her mother to have the covid vaccine but she is hesitant. She says things such as from her friends who got covid noone had bad symptoms. She believes allegations from a friend of a friend who knows two people who got invermectin and got better. She thinks that by taking vitamin C and D supplements is building her immune system to fight covid better. She went to have the flu vaccine though. Is she an antivaxxer?

Yes she is. Cause she has been affected big time for the information people are sharing on the social media. She believes about people, corporations and big pharmas trying to control people.

In my opinion this pandemic (and the misinformation that comes with it) has created the new antivaxxer. The person who is affected by the info spread by other antivaxxers.

The hesitancy sentiment may be masked as confusion caused by the governments, freedom rights etc but essentially if one is influenced or using arguments used by antivaxxers (old and new) that talk about new world order, global reset, control of the number of the world population is not just a vaccine hesitant.

"

I remember the furore around the mmr jab (caused by Dr Wakefield) that resulted in masses of people not giving their children the mmr jab,

It was headline news (based on later disproven information), pretty sure anti vax wasn't used about those folks.

You can label folk as you will, this was started in the media and taken on by others , I'll put a pound against a pinch of poo the label won't change anyones minds,

Just like the mmr trust needs to be established or the possibilities are that many different jabs are impacted going forward like post mmr.

Stoke

spot on.

I remember the furore around the mmr jab (caused by Dr Wakefield) that resulted in masses of people not giving their children the mmr jab,

It was headline news (based on later disproven information), pretty sure anti vax wasn't used about those folks.

You can label folk as you will, this was started in the media and taken on by others , I'll put a pound against a pinch of poo the label won't change anyones minds,

Just like the mmr trust needs to be established or the possibilities are that many different jabs are impacted going forward like post mmr."

I do not really thing it is a label. It is a term that has been used a lot more recently. It is becoming part of our dictionnary. And even if this label was not used during the mmr furore, there are still people who are against mmr. How would you label today people who are still against mmr?

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

Innit weird how (the vast majority) of people accept and take the meds a doctor has prescribed, or the injection or health care they get in hospital, yet turn down the vaccinne because they're suspicious.

Obviously the health professionals know nowt.

They'll be questioning teachers next.

Oh. Wait..

"We've had messages from anti vaxxers and from pro vax people. While the anti vax ones haven't been exactly friendly in tone they haven't been abusive. Both sets of people are wasting their time because we are staunchly pro individual choice. "

I suppose either side are indeed trying to influence your choices... I suppose you are saying that you will make your decision without talking to campaigners... Interesting.

I am genuinely sorry to hear that. My personal view, although I am very much in favour, is that it should be up to each individual to make their own mind up providing they have accurate information. "

But does not information come from talking to people as well?

I believe they are some people who are genuinely hesitant. People who had a really bad reaction or know people who had really bad reaction to a vaccine. This is perfectly acceptable and logical. This is why I talk about the extent some people have been influenced by antivaxxers. By sharing sentiments of other antivaxxers are becoming even unconsciously part of the misinformation chain."

If you're interested, I'm mainly influenced by how insufferable pro-vaxx people are. The sheer indifference they display to gain of function research, government decisions that directly led to tens of thousands of deaths and sheer ignorance of how ineffectual and expensive the UK measures have been compared to other countries. At no point have I ever heard a provaxx person made any forecasts about covid that proved to be remotely accurate, the government models are an embarrassment that lack basic knowledge such as care homes relying heavily on agency staff.

The truth is that the anti vaxxers have been far more useful in helping me make personal decisions over the last 18 months like delaying major financial purchases because they predicted how long this would drag on for when you guys were bleating about how the sooner everyone follows the rules, the sooner we'll be back to normal

Everytime the government fails, there's a scapegoat ready. Last year it was not that lockdowns didn't work, it was the people who broke the rules who ruined it. This year, it's not that the vaccine doesn't work very well, it's the fucking 7% of people who refused it sure it is.

Your delusions are laughable to anyone who can see them from the middle ground, but most of you are way too far gone.

Manchester (she/her)

I believe they are some people who are genuinely hesitant. People who had a really bad reaction or know people who had really bad reaction to a vaccine. This is perfectly acceptable and logical. This is why I talk about the extent some people have been influenced by antivaxxers. By sharing sentiments of other antivaxxers are becoming even unconsciously part of the misinformation chain.

If you're interested, I'm mainly influenced by how insufferable pro-vaxx people are. The sheer indifference they display to gain of function research, government decisions that directly led to tens of thousands of deaths and sheer ignorance of how ineffectual and expensive the UK measures have been compared to other countries. At no point have I ever heard a provaxx person made any forecasts about covid that proved to be remotely accurate, the government models are an embarrassment that lack basic knowledge such as care homes relying heavily on agency staff.

The truth is that the anti vaxxers have been far more useful in helping me make personal decisions over the last 18 months like delaying major financial purchases because they predicted how long this would drag on for when you guys were bleating about how the sooner everyone follows the rules, the sooner we'll be back to normal

Everytime the government fails, there's a scapegoat ready. Last year it was not that lockdowns didn't work, it was the people who broke the rules who ruined it. This year, it's not that the vaccine doesn't work very well, it's the fucking 7% of people who refused it sure it is.

Your delusions are laughable to anyone who can see them from the middle ground, but most of you are way too far gone."

Seems to be a terrible way to make medical decisions, but you do you.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I have a life and too busy to be bothered to send messages …. I’m unvaxed my choice …

By *wan64Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

We all make our own choice about being vaccinated or not I personally took it for my own safety and that of my family and friends.

I say live and let live.

Not everyone can have the vaccine for a variety of reasons.

We are all adults here let's behave like that

By *orsetCouple777Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

I always question the anger of some of the pro vaccine keyboard warriors on here. The truth is they are oppressed. Their stance has been forced upon them by very cynical and aggressive media tactics. The pro vaccine group always laugh and point to social media as the issue. So, the mainstream media is better???

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

It will probably be someone who can't join in on the forum. Just block or ignore as bringing it onto the forum gives people a platform to attack the person and that is against site rules