FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Anti Vaxxers boycott Tesco

Anti Vaxxers boycott Tesco

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Due to Father Christmas holding a Covid passport in their Christmas advert...

Absolute ??ends..lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Due to Father Christmas holding a Covid passport in their Christmas advert...

Absolute ??ends..lol"

I'm sure they'll cope. Might be a ploy to make sure they dont run out of prosecco over xmas

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes it's a bit silly. Overweight people need the vaccine.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Its funny

https://youtu.be/0P7QSCLtRwI

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

Good news

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Every little helps?

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

to Tesco.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Fine by me. Less crowds.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Lol

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

"Yes it's a bit silly. Overweight people need the vaccine. "

Fat shaming Santa. Shocking. That definitely puts you on the naughty list.

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Why don't they just block up their chimneys stop the sheepie santa from entering their invaxed homes.

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Unvaxed *

By *unmatt888Man  over a year ago

Marlborough

Good, I mostly shop at Tesco so that’ll reduce my risk of catching COVID.

Any other recommendations?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Good

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Absolute ??ends..lol"

It's bollox considering even at the height of lockdown tesco would expect their staff to come to work until having a positive pcr test....even if those staff had s whole family who were positive and had had a positive lateral flow test.

By *unning LinguistMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

All the more Turkey for the rest of us then...

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

Damn hopefully Sainsburys will do something similar so they boycott them aswell lol

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

stupid as as stupid does

Makes note to do shopping in Tesco

By * New YorkieMan  over a year ago

Leeds

There is one Santa, is there not? So Tesco made sure for the rest of the world that he has been vaccinated. I will ensure I do shop at Tesco.. Well done you forward thinking Company.

"There is one Santa, is there not? So Tesco made sure for the rest of the world that he has been vaccinated. I will ensure I do shop at Tesco.. Well done you forward thinking Company. "

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

I believe in the new James Bond movie he flashes his double jabbed card at the bar and a hot burd dives in his pants right there!!! - so I’m wearing mine like a name badge!

"I believe in the new James Bond movie he flashes his double jabbed card at the bar and a hot burd dives in his pants right there!!! - so I’m wearing mine like a name badge! "

On your speedos?

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Absolute ??ends..lol"

I remember the mmr furore 20 years ago. Did you call people that decided to wait/decline that jab anti vax? I doubt it.

Its a recent,driven by media, term that has been taken on by joe public and is likely to cause far more harm than good to many other vaccination programs.

If people want to change someones belief(s) you're unlikely to do that by school yard name calling.

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Absolute ??ends..lol

I remember the mmr furore 20 years ago. Did you call people that decided to wait/decline that jab anti vax? I doubt it.

Its a recent,driven by media, term that has been taken on by joe public and is likely to cause far more harm than good to many other vaccination programs.

If people want to change someones belief(s) you're unlikely to do that by school yard name calling.

"

20 years ago??? MMR vaccine was first given in 1988

Manchester (she/her)

Absolute ??ends..lol

"

I've been following the anti vaccination movement for over fifteen years.

Yes, those who refused to vaccinate their children were called anti vax then. And before.

Absolute ??ends..lol

20 years ago??? MMR vaccine was first given in 1988"

Yep about 20 years Wakefield was the Dr who hit the headlines.. if you google it sure you'll find the date.

And for reference op I know many jabbed people against the movement passes..aka vax pass.. not just those who haven't had the jab.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Great, less people in there means easier shopping.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I doubt very much this will lead to noticeably fewer people in Tesco.

My mum has boycotted Tesco for about thirty years she won't even let me get her shopping there . It's something to do with them building a shop near one of her favourite supermarkets. If Tesco can survive that they will surely survive this

Absolute ??ends..lol

Yes, those who refused to vaccinate their children were called anti vax then. And before."

I'd never even heard of it until Tony Blair decided he wasn't going to say whether his own child had the MMR vaccine. Was he pandering to the anti vaxxers?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Absolute ??ends..lol

Yes, those who refused to vaccinate their children were called anti vax then. And before.

I'd never even heard of it until Tony Blair decided he wasn't going to say whether his own child had the MMR vaccine. Was he pandering to the anti vaxxers? "

No he was exercising a right to keep his child's medical history private.

Manchester (she/her)

Absolute ??ends..lol

I'd never even heard of it until Tony Blair decided he wasn't going to say whether his own child had the MMR vaccine. Was he pandering to the anti vaxxers? "

I'm not familiar enough with British politics going back that far, as I didn't live here then.

I'm just saying that the term anti vax is not in any way new.

Absolute ??ends..lol

I'd never even heard of it until Tony Blair decided he wasn't going to say whether his own child had the MMR vaccine. Was he pandering to the anti vaxxers?

No he was exercising a right to keep his child's medical history private."

OK well that's a sensible thing to do then. Tell other people to vaccinate their kids but keep the status of your own private. That doesn't sound suspicious at all.

Absolute ??ends..lol

I'm not familiar enough with British politics going back that far, as I didn't live here then.

I'm just saying that the term anti vax is not in any way new."

Sure, I'm just saying that none of the anti vaxx messaging ever reached me until that point in time and it probably never would have it Tony had just answered the question.

By *umalotagainMan  over a year ago

a town called malice

" to Tesco."

Dam right

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Absolute ??ends..lol

OK well that's a sensible thing to do then. Tell other people to vaccinate their kids but keep the status of your own private. That doesn't sound suspicious at all. "

He wasn't telling other people they had to show evidence that their children were vaccinated to the entire country, which is what he was being asked to do.

Absolute ??ends..lol

No he was exercising a right to keep his child's medical history private."

I remember the story of Blair headline news at the time he supported the mmr jab, said his kids medical history was a private affair. Pretty sure no politician news channel at the time threw the "anti vaxxer" out there

I remember the fallout that affected many other jab programs, media politicians need to tread carefully with the rhetoric used or the fallout from this will be very longlasting.

Absolute ??ends..lol

OK well that's a sensible thing to do then. Tell other people to vaccinate their kids but keep the status of your own private. That doesn't sound suspicious at all.

He wasn't telling other people they had to show evidence that their children were vaccinated to the entire country, which is what he was being asked to do. "

And subsequently did...

"Yes it's a bit silly. Overweight people need the vaccine.

Fat shaming Santa. Shocking. That definitely puts you on the naughty list."

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Saw that advert just this minute for first time x

The like to dislike ratio on YouTube is very different to the forum reaction

"Good, I mostly shop at Tesco so that’ll reduce my risk of catching COVID.

Any other recommendations? "

I'm sure you can still catch it and also pass it on from Vaccinated people.

By *layfulserfMan  over a year ago

Northolt

It's probably so that kids don't worry about Santa catching Covid.

I think last year their were a few kids who were concerned that in Lockdown that Mr Claus would either not visit or could become seriously ill

"It's probably so that kids don't worry about Santa catching Covid.

I think last year their were a few kids who were concerned that in Lockdown that Mr Claus would either not visit or could become seriously ill"

Good point! I was hating the advert but I like your view. Thank you for changing my mind!

Manchester (she/her)

"It's probably so that kids don't worry about Santa catching Covid.

I think last year their were a few kids who were concerned that in Lockdown that Mr Claus would either not visit or could become seriously ill"

Very early on Jacinda Ardern reassured Kiwi kids that the Easter Bunny was an essential worker

By *unmatt888Man  over a year ago

Marlborough

Absolute ??ends..lol

I remember the mmr furore 20 years ago. Did you call people that decided to wait/decline that jab anti vax? I doubt it."

Yes.

And they were wrong then, just as they’re wrong now. And people die as a result.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Absolute ??ends..lol

20 years ago??? MMR vaccine was first given in 1988

Yep about 20 years Wakefield was the Dr who hit the headlines.. if you google it sure you'll find the date.

And for reference op I know many jabbed people against the movement passes..aka vax pass.. not just those who haven't had the jab."

It was 1998 when Wakefield published his "paper". My son was born in the early 2000s when I was a sixth former and I had enough nous to see beyond the hyperbole to make sure my son received his MMR vaccine. I then researched and wrote about the Wakefield scandal when I did my micro degree in later years.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

Just mention there’s a toilet roll shortage.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I wonder what would happen if all the supermarkets followed suit, where would the unvaxxed go for grocery shopping then?

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Cebu City

Tesco where everything costs 3 grand now…., or 20p with a club card ,

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"Fine by me. Less crowds. "

Less crowds and less unvaxxed super spreaders.

By *oncupiscent_dreamMan  over a year ago

City

I actually did think it was horrible. Every human rights group has said vaccine passports like this are immoral.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Meanwhile tesco share price continues to climb.

I think we give too much air time to insignificant announcements by tiny minorities.

Most unvacinnated are not at the extreme fanatical end. They are just people with concerns and will keep themselves to themselves.

However, the split of vacinnated to unvacinnated is not as stark as some would believe.

If you say carrying antibodies vs no anti bodies the separation will be much smaller..

All those who go the vaccine managed to flatten our rates of infection.

If they had not been so many who took up the vacinne then our spike and hospital admissions would have been like the rest of Europe and we would have had another lockdown to manage the flow of cases.

Vacinnes have managed that flow for us and allowed natural immunity to work its way slower through the rest of the population.

By *wistedTooCouple  over a year ago

Frimley

Oh no, I’m sure Tesco will collapse in the wake of the small number of people who will actually do this.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"Oh no, I’m sure Tesco will collapse in the wake of the small number of people who will actually do this."

Sainsbury's survived when racists boycotted them.

By *adysueandneroCouple  over a year ago

witney

The good news is the un-vaccinated won't catch covid in tesco so live to enjoy Xmas.

"I wonder what would happen if all the supermarkets followed suit, where would the unvaxxed go for grocery shopping then?"

Well considering the reduction in the police services I doubt the rise in crime would even be possibly dealt with. I’m sure there would be many who will do as they have to do to whatever level by taking from those who have food.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I wonder what would happen if all the supermarkets followed suit, where would the unvaxxed go for grocery shopping then?"

So starve "them" into submission? For any left maybe water board? A big red cross on "their" doors so amazon can't deliver? Yep we sure have come a long way.

Manchester (she/her)

"I wonder what would happen if all the supermarkets followed suit, where would the unvaxxed go for grocery shopping then?

So starve "them" into submission? For any left maybe water board? A big red cross on "their" doors so amazon can't deliver? Yep we sure have come a long way. "

No one is barring them from Tesco. They're offended by an advert. Is their choice *shrug*

By *orkshireDrifterMan  over a year ago

Bridlington.

For once Tesco may have got it right.....

By *oncupiscent_dreamMan  over a year ago

City

"Meanwhile tesco share price continues to climb."

No? It's down 2.5 percent this year, and down since yesterday?

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Cebu City

"Meanwhile tesco share price continues to climb.

No? It's down 2.5 percent this year, and down since yesterday?"

It’s climbing nicely as most retail stocks are since falling off a cliff in feb.

Currently 279.8, from a low of 247.95 in October

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

"Tesco where everything costs 3 grand now…., or 20p with a club card , "

Agree, walked in a few weeks ago, seen the prices, walked out and drove to another supermarket. Certainly will be avoiding Tesco for sure even if several mile drive.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

I'm more offended they started playing xmas songs first week in November.

By *uzie69xTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

"Its funny

https://youtu.be/0P7QSCLtRwI

"

Love it! Thanks for posting babes! Can't beat Queen soundtrack!

The aircraft on the runway: Travel, Don't travel, Travel... is hilarious!

Going for my booster on Sunday so I will also go for a shop at Tesco's...

[Removed by poster at 27/11/21 14:02:56]

"Fine by me. Less crowds.

Less crowds and less unvaxxed super spreaders."

From data, the vaxxed can also catch and spread the virus

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Fine by me. Less crowds.

Less crowds and less unvaxxed super spreaders.

From data, the vaxxed can also catch and spread the virus"

Just less chance of ending up on a ventilator

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Good at least when i go shopping there i will know people are vaccinated lets hope they boycott more places.

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"Fine by me. Less crowds. "

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Absolute ??ends..lol

I'm sure they'll cope. Might be a ploy to make sure they dont run out of prosecco over xmas"

Not White Lightning or Strong Brew..least checkout will be quicker.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Did anyone see the YouTube videos on the protest?

Fill a trolly with perishable items such as meat, dairy and fresh veg then bury under cereal boxes, walk to the checkout to abandon trolly, and leave store.

How sensible: Taking and touching items with unwashed hands then leaving food to get warm as removed from a refrigerator.

Think Tesco has a point!

Manchester (she/her)

"Did anyone see the YouTube videos on the protest?

Fill a trolly with perishable items such as meat, dairy and fresh veg then bury under cereal boxes, walk to the checkout to abandon trolly, and leave store.

How sensible: Taking and touching items with unwashed hands then leaving food to get warm as removed from a refrigerator.

Think Tesco has a point!"

That is remarkably puerile of them.

Maidstone

"That is remarkably puerile of them."

Shhh... Anti-vaxxers are attention seekers... Don't encourage them!!! They'll take being called puerile as a compliment!

Manchester (she/her)

"That is remarkably puerile of them.

Shhh... Anti-vaxxers are attention seekers... Don't encourage them!!! They'll take being called puerile as a compliment!"

Nah. They're too busy now, being brave bold defenders of democracy, hiding behind vulnerable people claiming exemption from mask wearing.

Maidstone

"Nah. They're too busy now, being brave bold defenders of democracy, hiding behind vulnerable people claiming exemption from mask wearing. "

Yep, Omicron... They're busy revving up their victim spleen...

Manchester (she/her)

"Nah. They're too busy now, being brave bold defenders of democracy, hiding behind vulnerable people claiming exemption from mask wearing.

Yep, Omicron... They're busy revving up their victim spleen..."

Help help they're so oppressed. But they're the only ones who can save us from tyranny.

Except if made to cover their mouths and noses. That destroys their strength.

» Add a new message to this topic