FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > African "super mutant" strain

African "super mutant" strain

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

According to the rags, a new super mutant strain has been identified as originating in Africa. Flights from South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Botswana, Eswatini and Zimbabwe are to be suspended from tomorrow. Sajid Javid seems a little concerned. I do hope Christmas isn't cancelled again.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Lockdown- 15th December otherwise if willing to sacrifice a few to save Christmas and let the bodies pile up on the streets - 2nd January.

This was rumoured weeks ago and probably already amongst us, sequencing has as good as been dropped at airports so we'll only know when death rates rise.

Maybe if they'd helped vaccinate Africa, this wouldn't be heading our way..

By *aul2266Man  over a year ago

Bootle

Bodies piling up never happened what about the nightingale centre massive scam

Longridge

[Removed by poster at 25/11/21 23:52:50]

Longridge

165,000+, 150 per day (60,000 per year) isn't enough then?

1000+/day dying after last Christmas's screw up.. if that isn't bodies piling up then I have no idea what is..

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The fact that they're acting quickly is concerning. They've not moved this fast on anything Covid before

Longridge

Either lessons learnt (doubt it) or they're shittin their pants...

Is this the big one?

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

I hope it isn't......really well n truly worn out now, physically and emotionally totally drained. Can't even hold back my tears on handovers any longer.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"Either lessons learnt (doubt it) or they're shittin their pants...

Is this the big one?"

BoZo and chumps reacting this fast means that they are absolutely fucking terrified. And still you know they are going to utterly cock up the flight restrictions, be useless at enforcing quarantines, not give a shit at any deaths until they are hit by it themselves.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

We got exact same reports and fear mongering for the delta variant.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"We got exact same reports and fear mongering for the delta variant."

Yeah but we got no action from government. This shower have prevaricated and played down the seriousness of the pandemic at every single juncture, ignored epidemiological advice, worried more about lining their own pockets than the bodies piling up. To have ordered flight restrictions when most of us had never even heard about this new variant? Somebody in government is really pissing their pants.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's about the only thing they have acted quickly to. I'm guessing it's because they would do this instead of restrictions on businesses other than airlines

Teesside

"We got exact same reports and fear mongering for the delta variant.

Yeah but we got no action from government. This shower have prevaricated and played down the seriousness of the pandemic at every single juncture, ignored epidemiological advice, worried more about lining their own pockets than the bodies piling up. To have ordered flight restrictions when most of us had never even heard about this new variant? Somebody in government is really pissing their pants."

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

"According to the rags, a new super mutant strain has been identified as originating in Africa. Flights from South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Botswana, Eswatini and Zimbabwe are to be suspended from tomorrow. Sajid Javid seems a little concerned. I do hope Christmas isn't cancelled again. "

I caught this thing a month ago it knocked me out on the 4th day unconcious,temp went sky rocket. Still not 100% appetite gone and no stamina.

Caught it off a hire vehicle delivered to me by a guy from Africa in North London.

What pissed me off is the goverment a has taken too long again to react to my warning on the track n trace form and my emails to the Health Secretary and Gov Site. On top of that they opened flights up from America and people can get fake covid passports.

I keep hearing get the the vaccine crap but my sister's had two jabs and she's down with it but testing negative.

I think lock down now.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"Bodies piling up never happened what about the nightingale centre massive scam "

Scam? It was a precaution that was never required. If no such facility was available and it was required them you would be up in arms.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Bodies piling up never happened what about the nightingale centre massive scam

Scam? It was a precaution that was never required. If no such facility was available and it was required them you would be up in arms."

it was a scam those nightingale hospitals were never gona be used they didnt have any staff for them,massive waste of money for something that was nothing more than a comfort blanket for people

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

It does make you wonder just how effective vaccines will become if we see stronger mutations.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Bodies piling up never happened what about the nightingale centre massive scam "

The temporary mortuaries were used though as hospital capacity was quite easily exceeded (plus their usual overflow contingencies). Not quite piled up as you still get your own rack/tray.

By *7mutleyTV/TS  over a year ago

cambridge

Sometime well more than sometimes I think people are very happy to accept being locked down .those that like want need to please go ahead.

As for the stopping flights from these countries good trouble is all they have to do is fly /go to another African country for 10 days or less then fly without tests ect ,as there is no restrictions from those countries.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

"According to the rags, a new super mutant strain has been identified as originating in Africa. Flights from South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Botswana, Eswatini and Zimbabwe are to be suspended from tomorrow. Sajid Javid seems a little concerned. I do hope Christmas isn't cancelled again.

I caught this thing a month ago it knocked me out on the 4th day unconcious,temp went sky rocket. Still not 100% appetite gone and no stamina.

Caught it off a hire vehicle delivered to me by a guy from Africa in North London.

What pissed me off is the goverment a has taken too long again to react to my warning on the track n trace form and my emails to the Health Secretary and Gov Site. On top of that they opened flights up from America and people can get fake covid passports.

I keep hearing get the the vaccine crap but my sister's had two jabs and she's down with it but testing negative.

I think lock down now."

That’s interesting, what did they say when you got tested and had it sequenced? Did they tell you it was the new strain?

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"It does make you wonder just how effective vaccines will become if we see stronger mutations.

"

It's difficult, vaccines can make viruses mutate to evade the vaccine, which is what this new variant is trying to do, the changes in the spike protein are mainly to evade our bodies T cell recognition, which is what the vaccines are trying to help our bodies recognise

"I hope it isn't......really well n truly worn out now, physically and emotionally totally drained. Can't even hold back my tears on handovers any longer. "

xxxxx

Longridge

Scam? It was a precaution that was never required. If no such facility was available and it was required them you would be up in arms."

There was plenty of freezer trucks parked at the mortuary of our local hospital. I never actually saw them "piled on the street", but those units were full and changed daily.

"According to the rags, a new super mutant strain has been identified as originating in Africa. Flights from South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Botswana, Eswatini and Zimbabwe are to be suspended from tomorrow. Sajid Javid seems a little concerned. I do hope Christmas isn't cancelled again.

I think lock down now.

That’s interesting, what did they say when you got tested and had it sequenced? Did they tell you it was the new strain? "

It's almost impossible to prove where an infection is picked up.

As of last night there had only been 52 verified examples of this new variant - the likelihood one was in the UK a month ago is practically zero.

I'm guessing the sister is either doing LFTs which are as good as useless (especially while symptomatic) or simply has a non-covid infection.

There will not be another lockdown unless it's proven to be more deadly AND vaccine resistant (and even then it will be a last resort)

Longridge

Time will tell Dorothy..

Trying to work out if it was caught from the car itself or the person delivering it, as a bit of an assumption if the descent of the guy delivering it defined which strain was caught.

I think lock down now.

That’s interesting, what did they say when you got tested and had it sequenced? Did they tell you it was the new strain?

As of last night there had only been 52 verified examples of this new variant - the likelihood one was in the UK a month ago is practically zero.

I'm guessing the sister is either doing LFTs which are as good as useless (especially while symptomatic) or simply has a non-covid infection.

There will not be another lockdown unless it's proven to be more deadly AND vaccine resistant (and even then it will be a last resort) "

Actually studies suggest that LFTs are 95% effective at detecting Covid at the onset of symptoms.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

A scam in what respect?

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

I think lock down now."

Lockdown now?! WTF! You must enjoy lockdown so maybe stay in your room , don’t go out and leave the rest of us to work to support our families etc

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Am I the only one who thinks all these announcements of new "super mutant" strains are like those hipsters in posh coffee shops ordering fancy sounding coffees? Isn't it all the same basic drink/disease?

Glasgow

"Am I the only one who thinks all these announcements of new "super mutant" strains are like those hipsters in posh coffee shops ordering fancy sounding coffees? Isn't it all the same basic drink/disease?"

Yes, but it tastes more bitter.

By *rauntonbananaMan  over a year ago

Braunton

"Lockdown- 15th December otherwise if willing to sacrifice a few to save Christmas and let the bodies pile up on the streets - 2nd January.

This was rumoured weeks ago and probably already amongst us, sequencing has as good as been dropped at airports so we'll only know when death rates rise

What the fuck are you on about!!

Maybe if they'd helped vaccinate Africa, this wouldn't be heading our way.."

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Lockdown- 15th December otherwise if willing to sacrifice a few to save Christmas and let the bodies pile up on the streets - 2nd January.

This was rumoured weeks ago and probably already amongst us, sequencing has as good as been dropped at airports so we'll only know when death rates rise.

Africans won't take the vaccine.

I work in West Africa, when the vaccine was rolled out the locals shunned the vaccine as it may cause blood clots and death.

The numbers of covid cases were never confirmed and is still rife.

The mentality is completely different.

I think lock down now."

Laughable, what a load of old crock

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

I think lock down now.

Lockdown now?! WTF! You must enjoy lockdown so maybe stay in your room , don’t go out and leave the rest of us to work to support our families etc"

Lockdown makes the country poorer , so one of the long term effects as a nation is we’ll be less able to afford the NHS , 2.2 Trillion in debt and rising

By *usie pTV/TS  over a year ago

taunton

Tis coming to get us stay home and shag your partners too death before its too late.

Ah well, at least it gives the BBC something to be all "doom & gloom" about.

By *ad66Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

A scam in what respect?"

The visual scam, build/repurpose buildings & people will believe they're in mortal danger & become compliant. Compliance gives government unquestioning control over the population.

An unquestioning population will accept any new draconian laws to "keep them safe" because as we know, government really gives a shit about our health.

It's also well documented that as viruses mutate, they become weaker.

By *exywheelsCouple  over a year ago

inverness

1 case detected in Israel with 2 possible being investigated linked to travel to Malawi. Israel Italy and Singapore have all closed their boarders to arrivals from southern Africa.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Is this the big one?

BoZo and chumps reacting this fast means that they are absolutely fucking terrified. And still you know they are going to utterly cock up the flight restrictions, be useless at enforcing quarantines, not give a shit at any deaths until they are hit by it themselves."

FFs if they didnt react you would say they are too slow,it seems to me you actually have no personal opinion on anything whatsoever but just go with the opposite the government say.

By *ixi n DogCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

No word on if its more or less lethal than any other variant right now, I'll reserve my panic for now, thanks.

All infections mutate and evolve as they spread, this is totally normal.

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS  over a year ago

Cornwall

"Bodies piling up "

Pushes hand cart down the street shouting. "Bring out your dead"... "Bring out your dead"

By *aiseiMan  over a year ago

Longbridge, Birmingham

"It does make you wonder just how effective vaccines will become if we see stronger mutations.

"

It’s a normal cycle. Flu vaccines are updated annually because different strains may be more prominent.

There are a larger amount of mutations in the B1.1.529 African variant than any previous variant, so existing vaccines MAY be less effective as they’re not designed to cope specifically with those changes.

Central

"Am I the only one who thinks all these announcements of new "super mutant" strains are like those hipsters in posh coffee shops ordering fancy sounding coffees? Isn't it all the same basic drink/disease?"

It may be the same virus but clusters of mutations as variants can create very different characteristics of the disease - it may be more infectious, the symptoms may be much worse, it may be more deadly, etc. And its spike proteins, which are how our immune systems recognise it, if we have immunity, may be so different that their recognition and immunity of it is damaged.

In essence, it could be ss if it's a new disease and we'd be starting the pandemic again.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

The absurdity of some stuff here is highlighted in this and this

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/virus/1236228

By *woodcplCouple  over a year ago

Borehamwood

I think lock down now."

There we go - the 1st recorded case in the U.K. - here on Fabs! Yeah let’s lockdown now cos of your nonsense! Bojo, you listening?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Yes exactly like that. The new Costa single dose shot is much safer than the Starbucks double shot. It wanes after a few hours so you have to go and get a booster in the afternoon.

By *iberatedduoCouple  over a year ago

Ashbourne

This just proves how fragile the situation is. Christmas is the least of our worries the main thing is that we keep the virus contained. If the vaccine is less effective with the new strain and there are cases here then we’re done for as it’s going to derail everything leaving us pretty much back to square one.

Something i find very strange about this forum is the rabid doom and gloom brigade who are always shouting and screaming that everything is a disaster. It really is in total contrast to the world i mix in every day.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

"Something i find very strange about this forum is the rabid doom and gloom brigade who are always shouting and screaming that everything is a disaster. It really is in total contrast to the world i mix in every day. "

True, but this is the biggest thing since delta. I’m seriously concerned about it

What shocks me is the people on here already claiming “I’ve already had it months ago from an African guy” with no proof. They just saw a black guy with an accent and assumed it was this variant

The variant is probably already in the Uk and most likely not here due to an African guy, especially one that’s been working here deliberating rental cars for so long

It’s speculation like that which drives fear. “I’ve already had it and it almost killed me be scared of any black people or anyone with an African accent”

Tin town

"Something i find very strange about this forum is the rabid doom and gloom brigade who are always shouting and screaming that everything is a disaster. It really is in total contrast to the world i mix in every day. "

There's certainly an element of that. And equally at the other end of the continuum there's folks who refuse to acknowledge there's an illness out there and a situation that needs to be managed. Even though we are are a small island, we are nearly 70m people and all have our own experiences, environments and cultures and those are not homogeneous. We also have a toxic media which seems determined to fracture our society and a catastrophic vacuum where leadership at all levels needs to be. Its great that in your world things are going well. I'm not sure everyone's experiences and horizons look the same.

[Removed by poster at 26/11/21 10:58:02]

Scam? It was a precaution that was never required. If no such facility was available and it was required them you would be up in arms.it was a scam those nightingale hospitals were never gona be used they didnt have any staff for them,massive waste of money for something that was nothing more than a comfort blanket for people"

The companies building them got money....

Tin town

Scam? It was a precaution that was never required. If no such facility was available and it was required them you would be up in arms.it was a scam those nightingale hospitals were never gona be used they didnt have any staff for them,massive waste of money for something that was nothing more than a comfort blanket for people

The companies building them got money...."

They should do it for free?

Glasgow

A scam in what respect?

The visual scam, build/repurpose buildings & people will believe they're in mortal danger & become compliant. Compliance gives government unquestioning control over the population.

An unquestioning population will accept any new draconian laws to "keep them safe" because as we know, government really gives a shit about our health.

It's also well documented that as viruses mutate, they become weaker. "

I'm afraid I'm not convinced by such theories.

It's not obvious what the benefits are to the government in 'controlling' the population by inventing a pandemic and compelling its citizens to stay at home through fear.

I could think of more practical ways of achieving that objective without potentially bankrupting the economy and social infrastructure. It's also not really a great election winning strategy.

I think lock down now.

Lockdown now?! WTF! You must enjoy lockdown so maybe stay in your room , don’t go out and leave the rest of us to work to support our families etc Lockdown makes the country poorer , so one of the long term effects as a nation is we’ll be less able to afford the NHS , 2.2 Trillion in debt and rising "

One persons debt is another persons investment!

USA debt is US$29 trillion, 128% of GDP

UK GB£2.23 billion, 103.6% of GDP

Japan US$13.1, 266% of GDP

Everything is relative.

Scam? It was a precaution that was never required. If no such facility was available and it was required them you would be up in arms.it was a scam those nightingale hospitals were never gona be used they didnt have any staff for them,massive waste of money for something that was nothing more than a comfort blanket for people

They should do it for free? "

Lol

I think lock down now.

Lockdown now?! WTF! You must enjoy lockdown so maybe stay in your room , don’t go out and leave the rest of us to work to support our families etc Lockdown makes the country poorer , so one of the long term effects as a nation is we’ll be less able to afford the NHS , 2.2 Trillion in debt and rising

One persons debt is another persons investment!

USA debt is US$29 trillion, 128% of GDP

UK GB£2.23 billion, 103.6% of GDP

Japan US$13.1, 266% of GDP

Everything is relative."

US$13.1 trillion [edit]

They should do it for free? "

Daywork rates 10X tender rates !

Look at Serco, charging the govt £120 for each "free" PCR test...

By *he_Last_TitanMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Agree. I see this vaccine nationalism at least as partly responsible for this sort of thing. Although, it’s a fairly simplistic way of looking at it in its totality. Lots of vaccine hesitancy in these nations - in large part due to past medical experiments conducted on Africans.

Tin town

They should do it for free?

Daywork rates 10X tender rates !

Look at Serco, charging the govt £120 for each "free" PCR test..."

You seem to be mixing pcr testing with setting up emergency medical provisions.

Why would you expect pcr tests to be free?

Longridge

Seems someone didn't like the thought that the world isn't doing enough from the PM I just received..

Is sending almost out of date vaccines really effective to countries with difficult transport links and logistics, although it does back the claim - vaccines are being sent!

By *aussageMan  over a year ago

sherborne

It's groundhog day .. again.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Normally what you post makes good sense but on this occasion you are simply wrong.

The Nightingales were nothing more than an expensive PR stunt. They had no staff to run them. They didn’t even have toilets in some cases.

What they did have was a few very tasty building and fitting out contracts worth £millions that exclusively went to companies connected to Tory party donors.

So yes, a scam!

Longridge

Think 'they' work for Boris..

Brighton

I think lock down now.

Lockdown now?! WTF! You must enjoy lockdown so maybe stay in your room , don’t go out and leave the rest of us to work to support our families etc Lockdown makes the country poorer , so one of the long term effects as a nation is we’ll be less able to afford the NHS , 2.2 Trillion in debt and rising "

I think you meant to say it makes the vast majority of us poorer? The Pandemic has been a veritable goldmine for a select few with Tory party connections!

And now we will all be paying to refill the coffers after they were emptied to pay these corrupt thieves.

Longridge

Scam? It was a precaution that was never required. If no such facility was available and it was required them you would be up in arms.

Normally what you post makes good sense but on this occasion you are simply wrong.

The Nightingales were nothing more than an expensive PR stunt. They had no staff to run them. They didn’t even have toilets in some cases.

What they did have was a few very tasty building and fitting out contracts worth £millions that exclusively went to companies connected to Tory party donors.

So yes, a scam!"

The travesty of the money spent on Nightingales, is that if this variant is what it showing to be - we're going to need them more than ever.

By *ottom charlieMan  over a year ago

washington

"According to the rags, a new super mutant strain has been identified as originating in Africa. Flights from South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Botswana, Eswatini and Zimbabwe are to be suspended from tomorrow. Sajid Javid seems a little concerned. I do hope Christmas isn't cancelled again. "
all flights should be cancelled immediately they found out about it to stop anyone infected from getting on a plane today and bringing it here,,,

borehamwood

So yes, a scam!

The travesty of the money spent on Nightingales, is that if this variant is what it showing to be - we're going to need them more than ever."

why would we need nightingales they dont and never had the staff to work in them

Brighton

"According to the rags, a new super mutant strain has been identified as originating in Africa. Flights from South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Botswana, Eswatini and Zimbabwe are to be suspended from tomorrow. Sajid Javid seems a little concerned. I do hope Christmas isn't cancelled again. all flights should be cancelled immediately they found out about it to stop anyone infected from getting on a plane today and bringing it here,,, "

I agree although THIS TIME the speed of Govt reaction has been more in line with what we should expect. Quick, decisive action until we are clear on what we are dealing with.

I really would like to think this is a lesson learned from the shambolic handling of Indian/Delta variant.

Although you still have to wonder how decisive and quick acting they would be were there a trade conference of PM visit scheduled (yes that is me being a cynic).

Brighton

So yes, a scam!

The travesty of the money spent on Nightingales, is that if this variant is what it showing to be - we're going to need them more than ever.why would we need nightingales they dont and never had the staff to work in them"

Didn’t even have toilets!

Tin town

"According to the rags, a new super mutant strain has been identified as originating in Africa. Flights from South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Botswana, Eswatini and Zimbabwe are to be suspended from tomorrow. Sajid Javid seems a little concerned. I do hope Christmas isn't cancelled again. all flights should be cancelled immediately they found out about it to stop anyone infected from getting on a plane today and bringing it here,,, "

Agreed. Don't see why we open the door for it. "we trust you to come home, travel to your home and isolate for 10 days" look how well that went last time. Either do something or don't do something but we've seen how effective half arsed measures are.

Brighton

"According to the rags, a new super mutant strain has been identified as originating in Africa. Flights from South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Botswana, Eswatini and Zimbabwe are to be suspended from tomorrow. Sajid Javid seems a little concerned. I do hope Christmas isn't cancelled again. all flights should be cancelled immediately they found out about it to stop anyone infected from getting on a plane today and bringing it here,,,

Agreed. Don't see why we open the door for it. "we trust you to come home, travel to your home and isolate for 10 days" look how well that went last time. Either do something or don't do something but we've seen how effective half arsed measures are. "

Yep! I have a work colleague currently on holiday in South Africa. Only arrived this week. Be interesting to see what happens!

Fully agree with u.

Longridge

So yes, a scam!

The travesty of the money spent on Nightingales, is that if this variant is what it showing to be - we're going to need them more than ever.why would we need nightingales they dont and never had the staff to work in them"

They've had 18 months to staff them, spent billions in the wrong places. Having the buildings (with toilets) would be a great place to start.

Borehamwood

So yes, a scam!

The travesty of the money spent on Nightingales, is that if this variant is what it showing to be - we're going to need them more than ever."

Says who?

Longridge

Watch this space..

Now found in Belgium.

So yes, a scam!

The travesty of the money spent on Nightingales, is that if this variant is what it showing to be - we're going to need them more than ever.

Says who? "

Try watching the news

Longridge

Knock-knock..

I've been accurate to the day of each lockdown over the last 2 years. Advised family and friends last January to keep their kids off after New Year - the infamous single day return to school based on simple common sense.

It's coming.. I've said 15th Dec, but if this is correct, will be masks and distancing first, then lockdown.

Whether BJ saves Christmas at the cost of bodies piling up and delay to New Year - only he knows that.

Delta is x2 infections every 2 weeks, Africa is showing 4x infections in two weeks. We won't know for sure until its here but it looks pretty virulent to me.

I gather people are now rushing back from S Africa to avoid quarantine like last time?

What do I know...

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Now found in Belgium."

And Israel.

Tin town

"Knock-knock..

I've been accurate to the day of each lockdown over the last 2 years. Advised family and friends last January to keep their kids off after New Year - the infamous single day return to school based on simple common sense.

It's coming.. I've said 15th Dec, but if this is correct, will be masks and distancing first, then lockdown.

Whether BJ saves Christmas at the cost of bodies piling up and delay to New Year - only he knows that.

Delta is x2 infections every 2 weeks, Africa is showing 4x infections in two weeks. We won't know for sure until its here but it looks pretty virulent to me.

I gather people are now rushing back from S Africa to avoid quarantine like last time?

What do I know...

"

Luckily they can all be trusted to self isolate for 10 days upon arrival.

Longridge

You mean like Tom from Cheshire who has just been featured on the BBC complaining his flight is cancelled.

Tom says: “I have a one-year-old and a partner at home on her own that I'd like to get back to, and my colleague also has three children.

“We just don’t understand if they want us to arrive home before the Sunday deadline why the flights are cancelled.”

He sounds like the type of guy who wants to protect his wife and daughter by getting back before deadline so he can go straight home to them.

Very lucky aren't we.. hmm

We don't understand why the flight was cancelled if they want us back before Sunday.

I don't want him near this country before Sunday personally and should be quarantined regardless.

Borehamwood

So yes, a scam!

Says who?

Try watching the news "

Try not talk about something that no one at this point knows anything about. No one knows about transmissibility, evasion of vaccines etc. What nonsense that the Nightingale hospitals will be needed more than ever . Says who? You? I’d rather stay positive than go down the doom and gloom route of sheep

Borehamwood

"Knock-knock..

What do I know...

"

So it’s 15/12 masks and distancing followed by lockdown. Will will that be then?

Manchester (she/her)

"Knock-knock..

What do I know...

Luckily they can all be trusted to self isolate for 10 days upon arrival. "

Lol

By *dwimborneMan  over a year ago

wimborne

What utter rubbish The Botswana govt have issued a press release. Stating ONLY 4 cases have been found in travellers, no state of emergency and panic and they slate the wests msm for fear mongering and lying that HIV was found as well

Longridge

"So it’s 15/12 masks and distancing followed by lockdown. Will will that be then?"

Let's wait n see.. let's blank what's really happening and stick our positivity blinkers on, it'll be alright tomorrow..

It's very touchy on this one today..

Im literally done

Central

"According to the rags, a new super mutant strain has been identified as originating in Africa. Flights from South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Botswana, Eswatini and Zimbabwe are to be suspended from tomorrow. Sajid Javid seems a little concerned. I do hope Christmas isn't cancelled again. all flights should be cancelled immediately they found out about it to stop anyone infected from getting on a plane today and bringing it here,,,

Agreed. Don't see why we open the door for it. "we trust you to come home, travel to your home and isolate for 10 days" look how well that went last time. Either do something or don't do something but we've seen how effective half arsed measures are. "

I'd be up for restarting PCR test requirements before entrance to the UK for everyone again. It's the only way, except a total ban on all travel, that we can hope to limit this new variant from entrance here

borehamwood

So yes, a scam!

The travesty of the money spent on Nightingales, is that if this variant is what it showing to be - we're going to need them more than ever.why would we need nightingales they dont and never had the staff to work in them

They've had 18 months to staff them, spent billions in the wrong places. Having the buildings (with toilets) would be a great place to start."

they could of had three years to staff them fact is the drs and nurses they do have were busy in actual hospitals,where do you think they would magic up the staff for them,we always here how understaffed the nhs is

Stop panicking. Its not the end of the world. The MSM stir up anxiety. Governments are d*unk on control. This is a pandemic and viruses mutate. But this is not smallpox or ebola. It is a virus that mainly affects the over 75s.

Because that age group is susceptible to illness.

Teesside

So yes, a scam!

The travesty of the money spent on Nightingales, is that if this variant is what it showing to be - we're going to need them more than ever.why would we need nightingales they dont and never had the staff to work in them

They've had 18 months to staff them, spent billions in the wrong places. Having the buildings (with toilets) would be a great place to start.they could of had three years to staff them fact is the drs and nurses they do have were busy in actual hospitals,where do you think they would magic up the staff for them,we always here how understaffed the nhs is"

The nightingales were nothing but a backhander to their tory mates, much like every other contract issued during this pandemic. I'm not one to buy into the crazyness that this was all planned but the people in charge are defo using it to their advantage.

Borehamwood

"Stop panicking. Its not the end of the world. The MSM stir up anxiety. Governments are d*unk on control. This is a pandemic and viruses mutate. But this is not smallpox or ebola. It is a virus that mainly affects the over 75s.

Because that age group is susceptible to illness. "

Exactly! The MSM are loving it

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

it was a good PR exercise at the time when being built so served it’s purpose in that sense.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"According to the rags, "

According to another thread Africa didn't suffer with Covid

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Bait for the clicks and believers.

By *ryan...Man  over a year ago

1950's Original

The new variant is called Omicron from Omicorn Persia 8 ..

I suggest we stop all travel to the star system Omicron persia 8 and let the scientologists do their job ..

then Boris can spring like a gazelle into action..

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

"Bodies piling up never happened what about the nightingale centre massive scam it was a good PR exercise at the time when being built so served it’s purpose in that sense."

I didn't hear anybody running round saying 'oh no don't build them'. Nobody knew what was coming.

By *tooveMan  over a year ago

belfast

"165,000+, 150 per day (60,000 per year) isn't enough then?

1000+/day dying after last Christmas's screw up.. if that isn't bodies piling up then I have no idea what is.."

Stop falling for the nonsense.

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

"165,000+, 150 per day (60,000 per year) isn't enough then?

1000+/day dying after last Christmas's screw up.. if that isn't bodies piling up then I have no idea what is..

Stop falling for the nonsense. "

Which bit is nonsense? They do appear to be the correct numbers. Or do we need to dig deep and find the big conspiracy?

The sky is falling ! The sky is falling !!!

Bedford

[Removed by poster at 26/11/21 22:20:36]

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

They've dubbed it the Omicron strain

Sounds like a villain from a transformers movie

Bedford

I think lock down now.

Laughable, what a load of old crock"

Really, I hope you don`t get it so you don`t realise what a load a crock it is, dummy.

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

"We got exact same reports and fear mongering for the delta variant.

Yeah but we got no action from government. This shower have prevaricated and played down the seriousness of the pandemic at every single juncture, ignored epidemiological advice, worried more about lining their own pockets than the bodies piling up. To have ordered flight restrictions when most of us had never even heard about this new variant? Somebody in government is really pissing their pants."

Could it be because of the calls of no confidence coming in? If they do nothing, he'll get even more, so maybe it's not panic about this strain, but about his job.

Bedford

I think lock down now.

There will not be another lockdown unless it's proven to be more deadly AND vaccine resistant (and even then it will be a last resort) "

I can prove where I caught my infection.

Because it`s the only tinkg I came into contact before I tested positive, it`s that easy.

What`s the point of asking the question- Where do you think you caught the virus ? On the track and trace form from the NHS, which actually should be the first question as it takes 2hrs to fill the form in meanwhile people are getting infected and the NHS are bombarding you with texts telling you to fill the form in.

My sister had both LTF tests and a PCR all negative. She`s been told by her employer to get another PCR. I think it will come back negative as I said the vaccine is distorting test result and or not picking up the new variants bearing in mind if catch virus you are told by the NHS not to retest for 90 days after because the results will be inaccurate. Or they don`t want give a positive result for a vaccinated person because it looks bad for the records and stats.

Bedford

I think lock down now.

Lockdown now?! WTF! You must enjoy lockdown so maybe stay in your room , don’t go out and leave the rest of us to work to support our families etc"

Funny that, I hate lockdown the only advantage is I don`t meet idiots, feel free to go about your business and help spread this thing about. I want this thing gone so I can get back to a normal life and see my family which I haven`t been able to for nearly two years. I prefer to go to work and not work from home so I can pay my taxes to help all the freeloaders and illegal immigrants live a happy carefree life in this country, so your theory on what I would like is absolutely crap, jeez where do these so called intelligent people come from.

Manchester (she/her)

"They've dubbed it the Omicron strain

Sounds like a villain from a transformers movie "

It's just a letter of the Greek alphabet.

BRIDGEND

"They've dubbed it the Omicron strain

Sounds like a villain from a transformers movie

It's just a letter of the Greek alphabet. "

Yes, I know

All have been named using the Greek alphabet for ease

It was a joke, not a chance for you to show off your superlative intelligence

Honestly

Longridge

I know of others that have had the jabs and tested positive for COVID. They have been told of the results and not in anyone's best interest to tell an untruth to avoid spreading.

It's a known fact that jabs WILL NOT stop anyone getting it, just, hopefully means you don't suffer so badly.

This is the concern of the new variant in that, the Delta we has just washed through Africa and many people within the population will have anti bodies from either catching Delta or having the jab.

The "concern" is that is spreads 5x better than some other versions but the biggest, in a country where natural "herd" immunity should be extremely high, is that the infection rates is alarmingly high. This potentially means that any previous immunity gained is very weak against this one.

If true, it has the potential to render current vaccines and anti bodies useless - putting us back almost 18 months in that a new version of the vaccine needs to be added to the 'mix' as is the case with flu jab variants.

There has been lot of sharp responses, and some have even trued to silence me by sending PMs probably from those in denial and in the belief that it is now all over and don't want their happy bubble bursting.

Find me one virologist or epidemiological expert that won't agree that failing to get vaccines out to Africa is a failing to ourselves. They've been saying from the outset that "nobody is safe until everybody is safe" and priority over our smug boosters should have been Africa in tandem.

By not doing so, it is highly likely we are heading back to square one. Until a vaccine is updated to generate a response to this version then I'm afraid it's going to be lockdown to protect the NHS again.

If not this variant, then another further variation down the line where the best breeding ground is underdeveloped countries where it can run rampant, whether by choice or lack of funds.

As for Nightingales, it was obvious they were PR and not even sure those nice brand new machines were even real, but PR or not, there is going to be a great need for intensive care in the next few months. They should have set up properly and staffed.

Anyway, too much time wasted with those in denial, the same types you see walking around shops and no respect for distancing and probably also tell you that vaccines are fake..

It is what it is.. let's see how it pans out..

We might all be wrong..

By *erlins5Man  over a year ago

South Fife

Is this the big one?"

They are shitting their pants because they put all their eggs in the vaccination basket and everyone is encouraged to walk around as if the pandemic is over... So if this is resistant to the vaccine it doesn't look good.

Glasgow

I think lock down now.

There will not be another lockdown unless it's proven to be more deadly AND vaccine resistant (and even then it will be a last resort)

I can prove where I caught my infection.

Because it`s the only tinkg I came into contact before I tested positive, it`s that easy.

What`s the point of asking the question- Where do you think you caught the virus ? On the track and trace form from the NHS, which actually should be the first question as it takes 2hrs to fill the form in meanwhile people are getting infected and the NHS are bombarding you with texts telling you to fill the form in.

My sister had both LTF tests and a PCR all negative. She`s been told by her employer to get another PCR. I think it will come back negative as I said the vaccine is distorting test result and or not picking up the new variants bearing in mind if catch virus you are told by the NHS not to retest for 90 days after because the results will be inaccurate. Or they don`t want give a positive result for a vaccinated person because it looks bad for the records and stats."

You contracted the new variant?

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

This is serious!

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

Partly true but this variant arose in S Africa which has very low levels of vacc. Random mutations occur all time and if confers more transmission that variant will spread. Concern here is number of mutations in this strain which could make present vacc. less effective.

Glasgow

Is this the big one?

They are shitting their pants because they put all their eggs in the vaccination basket and everyone is encouraged to walk around as if the pandemic is over... So if this is resistant to the vaccine it doesn't look good.

"

but don’t worry ; they will tell us to take more boosters (that don’t work) more often and to follow the science (computer modelling!) - farcical

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Hiliarious if you believe this rubbish

By *ohnj21Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"Partly true but this variant arose in S Africa which has very low levels of vacc. Random mutations occur all time and if confers more transmission that variant will spread. Concern here is number of mutations in this strain which could make present vacc. less effective."

How less effective????

Glasgow

"Partly true but this variant arose in S Africa which has very low levels of vacc. Random mutations occur all time and if confers more transmission that variant will spread. Concern here is number of mutations in this strain which could make present vacc. less effective.

How less effective???? "

it depends on which computer they use on any given day to run their ‘modelling’ ; but it’s going to be enough to tell us to get more boosters and put tighter restrictions in place for Christmas - after all, we can’t have people mingling and enjoying life now can we ! We should follow the science, do what we are told and don’t ask too many questions.

By *esthetic21Man  over a year ago

west midlands

More scare mongering

"Hiliarious if you believe this rubbish "

Which bit is hilarious? People dying?

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

Not that long ago it was the Kent super variant which was going to destroy the NHS. Heard it all before, just carry on ramping up the hyperbole to keep us all in check eh...

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

"Hiliarious if you believe this rubbish

Which bit is hilarious? People dying?"

Obviously not. People die all the time in huge numbers for all sorts of reasons and Covid is just one on a very long list.

west midlands

Obviously not. People die all the time in huge numbers for all sorts of reasons and Covid is just one on a very long list."

imagine how many people die in car accidents everyday. Better not drive again

Obviously not. People die all the time in huge numbers for all sorts of reasons and Covid is just one on a very long list.imagine how many people die in car accidents everyday. Better not drive again "

So if 1000 a week were dying in car accidents questions wouldn’t be asked about car safety?

By *orflondonerMan  over a year ago

Wood Green

Aren't mutations sometimes a good thing? I am sure I heard one of the experts in the early days of this saying they get weaker as they mutate to avoid any vaccines etc?

Been shoveled full of so much info over the last couple of years difficult to know what I heard and what I dreamt/imagined.

By *heltenhamBiGuyMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Ah well, at least it gives the BBC something to be all "doom & gloom" about. "

Hugh "Dr Death" Pym will be rubbing his hands with glee!!

west midlands

Obviously not. People die all the time in huge numbers for all sorts of reasons and Covid is just one on a very long list.imagine how many people die in car accidents everyday. Better not drive again

So if 1000 a week were dying in car accidents questions wouldn’t be asked about car safety?"

on average 1.3 million die world wide from car accidents.

west midlands

Per year

[Removed by poster at 27/11/21 09:46:28]

Obviously not. People die all the time in huge numbers for all sorts of reasons and Covid is just one on a very long list.imagine how many people die in car accidents everyday. Better not drive again

So if 1000 a week were dying in car accidents questions wouldn’t be asked about car safety?on average 1.3 million die world wide from car accidents. "

5 to 10 million worldwide from covid including Mr S mother

BRIDGEND

So if 1000 a week were dying in car accidents questions wouldn’t be asked about car safety?on average 1.3 million die world wide from car accidents.

5 to 10 million worldwide from covid including Mr S mother "

It's 5.19 million recorded death's

So if 1000 a week were dying in car accidents questions wouldn’t be asked about car safety?on average 1.3 million die world wide from car accidents.

5 to 10 million worldwide from covid including Mr S mother

It's 5.19 million recorded death's"

Your point?

By *abriallaTV/TS  over a year ago

middletown

I do not understand why so many take such a negative view over what has been done to treat the virus.

Admittedly the disease has not been cured but this has occurred amongst conflicting advice.

Many of you ought work for the BBC

They know everything and do nowt and are partisan in the extreme

"

The health authority in Botswana have confirmed the cases they have there are with people who have been vaccinated, so I guess the vaccines are just no effective in preventing it, just as they havent been effective for the current strain here in the uk as most people in the hospitals are vaccinated and you can still get covid and pass it on whilst being vaccinated.

"More scare mongering "

Yes. and probably with a hidden agenda behind it.

Just like the alleged petrol shortage recently to get rid of the excess fuel deposits we had. Maybe people are realising that now the vaccines wear off and there have been changing messages around them, the govt want to try to get more people boosted with stocks they have bought in advance.

Tin town

So if 1000 a week were dying in car accidents questions wouldn’t be asked about car safety?on average 1.3 million die world wide from car accidents. "

Approx 1500 a year in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/reported-road-casualties-great-britain-annual-report-2020/reported-road-casualties-great-britain-annual-report-2020

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

Sod it all now, nearly two years of this rubbish, we all need to just get in with getting back to normal life, learning to live with the virus, whether that be vaccines or not, either way I'm sure a lot of people including myself will not be tolerating another period of restrictions and lockdowns otherwise where will it all end.

west midlands

"More scare mongering

Yes. and probably with a hidden agenda behind it.

Just like the alleged petrol shortage recently to get rid of the excess fuel deposits we had. Maybe people are realising that now the vaccines wear off and there have been changing messages around them, the govt want to try to get more people boosted with stocks they have bought in advance."

everything has a use by date

west midlands

"Sod it all now, nearly two years of this rubbish, we all need to just get in with getting back to normal life, learning to live with the virus, whether that be vaccines or not, either way I'm sure a lot of people including myself will not be tolerating another period of restrictions and lockdowns otherwise where will it all end. "
100% agree

Tin town

"Sod it all now, nearly two years of this rubbish, we all need to just get in with getting back to normal life, learning to live with the virus, whether that be vaccines or not, either way I'm sure a lot of people including myself will not be tolerating another period of restrictions and lockdowns otherwise where will it all end. "

Yep that's the spirit, over the top we go.

If nothing else works then a total pig headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

"Sod it all now, nearly two years of this rubbish, we all need to just get in with getting back to normal life, learning to live with the virus, whether that be vaccines or not, either way I'm sure a lot of people including myself will not be tolerating another period of restrictions and lockdowns otherwise where will it all end.

Yep that's the spirit, over the top we go.

If nothing else works then a total pig headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. "

Quite right, all people are bothered about is whether they go to the football and feckin xmas

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I really dunno if it's anything to really be that worried about, if it wasn't for the media would anybody really know that there were even different strains/mutations going around? I don't know if many people really noticed any difference between "regular original" covid and "delta" covid?

One thing for certain though, as a country we really can't afford to go back to hiding behind the sofa

Glasgow

Obviously not. People die all the time in huge numbers for all sorts of reasons and Covid is just one on a very long list.imagine how many people die in car accidents everyday. Better not drive again "

smoking and obesity are just two of man; but don’t hear an awful lot about those in the present climate - it’s covid only .

Tin town

"I really dunno if it's anything to really be that worried about, if it wasn't for the media would anybody really know that there were even different strains/mutations going around? I don't know if many people really noticed any difference between "regular original" covid and "delta" covid?

One thing for certain though, as a country we really can't afford to go back to hiding behind the sofa "

You make a fair point about the media... The BBC are so concerned the headline has gone from...the new variant panic... To arsenal host newcastle....

There's a definite skill in understanding the media and headline writers now.

By *agan_PairCouple  over a year ago

portchester

The media as ever is full of ifs and maybes no solid proof this is going to be any worse than any other varieties. The media love to raise panic, last month it was the shortage of turkey. Let’s just wait and see what happens eh ! It may well be more transmissible … but there’s just as much chance that’s the infection is not as bad as another variant. Stop buying in to the maybes presented by the panic loving media and wait for some facts …

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Well it’s here… 2 confirmed UK cases…

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Maybe if they'd helped vaccinate Africa, this wouldn't be heading our way..

Africans won't take the vaccine.

I work in West Africa, when the vaccine was rolled out the locals shunned the vaccine as it may cause blood clots and death.

The numbers of covid cases were never confirmed and is still rife.

The mentality is completely different.

"

Its like that in Texas.

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

It be reet...as we say up north

Newcastle and Gateshead

Can I also just point out something with regards to the nightingale centre’s that have come in for a bit of a bashing in this thread… basically not all of them are alike

Yes the one in London turned out to be a white elephant should not reflect in the way that others across the country… for example the north east nightingale has been used as a super vaccination centre… so a couple of thousand people a day get their shots there!! That also takes pressure of getting them at GP’s for example freeing them up

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I think lock down now.

That’s interesting, what did they say when you got tested and had it sequenced? Did they tell you it was the new strain? "

I don’t think they let people know which strain they have. It’s used for reporting purposes only. My friend works in a lab

Newcastle and Gateshead

I think lock down now.

I don’t think they let people know which strain they have. It’s used for reporting purposes only. My friend works in a lab "

I would have thought that if you had the new mutation they would tell you, just because they are then going to need to go through the contact tracing protocol….

Newcastle and Gateshead

Just announced 4 more countries being added to the red list… Angola, Malawi, Mozambique and Zambia

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Can I also just point out something with regards to the nightingale centre’s that have come in for a bit of a bashing in this thread… basically not all of them are alike

Yes the one in London turned out to be a white elephant should not reflect in the way that others across the country… for example the north east nightingale has been used as a super vaccination centre… so a couple of thousand people a day get their shots there!! That also takes pressure of getting them at GP’s for example freeing them up"

The one in London was used, not at quarter capacity, but still used. Then turned into a vaccination centre so not a complete right off.

Some will never be happy what the government does or doesn’t do. The last couple of days have shown that.

By *ristoltony40Man  over a year ago

bristol

Have we got some undertakers in the room ? Seem to be hoping for bodies piling up , only thing piling up so far is the bullshit

great some one who realises the Truth good on you

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"The media as ever is full of ifs and maybes no solid proof this is going to be any worse than any other varieties. The media love to raise panic, last month it was the shortage of turkey. Let’s just wait and see what happens eh ! It may well be more transmissible … but there’s just as much chance that’s the infection is not as bad as another variant. Stop buying in to the maybes presented by the panic loving media and wait for some facts …"

Nothing to do with the media, and not panic

A new variant has been found, early signs are it's more infectious.

There aren't enough cases YET to establish if it's more serious

The scientists are making everyone aware so that PRECAUTIONS can be put in place UNTIL they have more information

Would people prefer to be blissfully unaware and go back to march 2020 ?

Some people are unbelievable

Brighton

"Can I also just point out something with regards to the nightingale centre’s that have come in for a bit of a bashing in this thread… basically not all of them are alike

Yes the one in London turned out to be a white elephant should not reflect in the way that others across the country… for example the north east nightingale has been used as a super vaccination centre… so a couple of thousand people a day get their shots there!! That also takes pressure of getting them at GP’s for example freeing them up"

Fabio it’s a good thing the North East centre was repurposed but the key point behind the “bashing” was the fact that they were never going to be able to be used in the way we were being told they would be used. It was purely a PR exercise so the Govt could say “look we are doing stuff”.

In their repurposed state they represent awful value for money as a vaccination centre fit out would have cost a fraction of the same.

There was no use filling a building with beds and equipment if you don’t have experienced staff to run them.

From a health & safety pov the buildings would never have been approved to run anywhere near capacity due to lack of toilets.

And cynical as it sounds, there were also some multi £million juicy building and fit out contracts that were all awarded to Tory party donors.

So I for one feel 100% justified “bashing” yet another example of this Govt’s ineptitude/corruption/propaganda.

By *agan_PairCouple  over a year ago

portchester

"The media as ever is full of ifs and maybes no solid proof this is going to be any worse than any other varieties. The media love to raise panic, last month it was the shortage of turkey. Let’s just wait and see what happens eh ! It may well be more transmissible … but there’s just as much chance that’s the infection is not as bad as another variant. Stop buying in to the maybes presented by the panic loving media and wait for some facts …

Nothing to do with the media, and not panic

A new variant has been found, early signs are it's more infectious.

There aren't enough cases YET to establish if it's more serious

The scientists are making everyone aware so that PRECAUTIONS can be put in place UNTIL they have more information

Would people prefer to be blissfully unaware and go back to march 2020 ?

Some people are unbelievable

"

You completely missed to point of my post I was talking about the media reaction to it not the simple fact the scientists are just making us aware. I agree the facts are there is a new variant. My point was with the media stirring up panic over it with their standard it’s could’s and maybes … no one knows yet as you point out how this will change things. But it does not take much looking to see. Examples of worst case speculation in almost all media outlets ..

Some people really are unbelievable!

By *he_Last_TitanMan  over a year ago

Bristol

The media does hype these things up - that's their job I suppose, but I doubt the boarders would be shut in such a fashion if that hadn't been the 'expert' advice. We'll just have to see what happens.

Everything crossed for Christmas.

Longridge

[Removed by poster at 27/11/21 16:13:47]

Longridge

Is this the big one?

"

Absolutely correct. If the idiots in charge of this country had not dumbed down sequencing on arrivals at airports testing positive, then we'd have known weeks ago.

Anyway, they've found two and from Delta, its 100's so at 4x the infection rate and its been in the UK for a couple of weeks, its already too late to stop it.

Let's just hope that immunity is effective against, although data coming from Nairobi and South Africa isn't looking great, that it won't be significant.

Otherwise for those deniers that the mention of Masks, Distancing and God forbid, Lockdown, who start shouting and screaming.

MASK MANDATE: MASK MANDATE: MASK MANDATE

2m DISTANCING: 2m DISTANCING: 2m DISTANCING

LOCKDOWN : LOCKDOWN : LOCKDOWN

I hate wearing the damn things as much as you do, but I wear one to help protect others, regardless of evidence they work or not. I try to stand 2m from the next person and ask anyone too close to back of.

And I CANNOT STAND Lockdowns also, but if that what it takes to prevent 100's more a day, dying until vaccine is developed, then so be it.

Get over it and understand these are unprecedented times and no one ever wrote the sequence of events from history, especially as international travel is so prolific these days.

It will go one way or the other. Let's hope it is the better outcome but if they don't get a grip on the basics NOW with masks and distancing and restrictionson indoor events, Christmas or January will be Lockdown.

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

I think lock down now.

I don’t think they let people know which strain they have. It’s used for reporting purposes only. My friend works in a lab "

True they don't let people know so it's strange that someone thinks they have the new variant and pin point who they got it from .

Central

The good thing is that we all have some knowledge and experience.

We know that reduced riskier contact with others helps, as social distancing does as well as masks. Inconvenient but could be worth it.

If we reduce the level of infections here, we are reducing the number of new mutations, which is a clear winner. We also get to let our health services manage better, including catching up with the backlog of cases even sooner than if they stay in crisis

By *perfectpair5050Couple  over a year ago

marlbourgh

I think lock down now."

. So you know it was the new African strain because the guy was coloured that dropped your car off and you’re convinced your sisters got the virus even though she’s tested negative maybe your sisters got flu

I think lock down now.. So you know it was the new African strain because the guy was coloured that dropped your car off and you’re convinced your sisters got the virus even though she’s tested negative maybe your sisters got flu "

did you get a PCR test (@poster who mentioned they had the new strain).

In a Sparkly Dress

Best dig out your face coverings as they are coming back as a indoor requirement...

Central

It's worth not pushing someone who had a bad illness, to have to recollect, explain and almost justify their post. They may still be unwell and not in the best place emotionally. It can seem threatening, even if you have the best will in the world behind your curiosity.

It's potentially better to stick with the OP subject, more closely

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

"Best dig out your face coverings as they are coming back as a indoor requirement..."

Only in retail and transport

Manchester (she/her)

"Best dig out your face coverings as they are coming back as a indoor requirement..."

Better safe than sorry

Should have just shut the borders last time, will they this time? Will they fuck

In a Sparkly Dress

"Best dig out your face coverings as they are coming back as a indoor requirement...

Better safe than sorry"

100%

By *aptain VMan  over a year ago

Birstall, Leicester

Not looking good with the new variant

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

I never put them away.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Living in London we have had to wear in public transports and I haven’t been to London office

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

The nightmare continues