FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Winter flights

Winter flights

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Have holidays booked in late December (Canaries) and Feb (Balarics)

Those of you who follow the updates, what do you think are the chances they will go ahead?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Its anyones guess, have you covid related insurance?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Have holidays booked in late December (Canaries) and Feb (Balarics)

Those of you who follow the updates, what do you think are the chances they will go ahead?"

Given the massive number of African migrants invading the Canaries, I'd avoid the place like the plague at the moment, that new variant is lurking. Oh, did I mention "plague"...how appropriate.....Merry Christmas by the way

Those of you who follow the updates, what do you think are the chances they will go ahead?"

99% chance flights running.

Hotel / Accomodation could be made to close well before the flights stop.

"Its anyones guess, have you covid related insurance?"

Yes I do, luckily I'm not worried about losing the money though, I just wanted to assess whether to book somewhere else instead.

Those of you who follow the updates, what do you think are the chances they will go ahead?

Given the massive number of African migrants invading the Canaries, I'd avoid the place like the plague at the moment, that new variant is lurking. Oh, did I mention "plague"...how appropriate.....Merry Christmas by the way "

I don't celebrate Christmas, but thank you

99% chance flights running.

Hotel / Accomodation could be made to close well before the flights stop."

Ah, yes. I hadn't thought of that. Thank you.

I’m hopeful that flights will be going ahead after Christmas, I’ve got three trips booked but I do have excellent insurance so I’m not too worried.

By *aseMan  over a year ago

Gourock

Just back from canaries, All good

By *hrisy69Man  over a year ago

chester/hawarden

Change location and come and visit me in Sri Lanka lol

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I've cancelled mine x

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

We've booked for Cap D'Agde in June but leaving trips in January or February to last minute bookings for flights and Airbnb for accommodation.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Ban all aviation until this mess is cleared up. Air travel is responsible for the global spread of this disease, and should be punished accordingly. Massive fines, the proceeds of which should go to poorer countries. Plus, no aircraft, no emissions for a while, give the planet chance to breathe again.

By *aseMan  over a year ago

Gourock

"Ban all aviation until this mess is cleared up. Air travel is responsible for the global spread of this disease, and should be punished accordingly. Massive fines, the proceeds of which should go to poorer countries. Plus, no aircraft, no emissions for a while, give the planet chance to breathe again. "
Behave yourself! Your talking shite....

Those of you who follow the updates, what do you think are the chances they will go ahead? I've cancelled mine x "

Hi Calli,

Is that because you think they will be cancelled anyway?

We've booked for Cap D'Agde in June but leaving trips in January or February to last minute bookings for flights and Airbnb for accommodation.

Hope it all goes well for you. "

Thank you. I'm so undecided

"Ban all aviation until this mess is cleared up. Air travel is responsible for the global spread of this disease, and should be punished accordingly. Massive fines, the proceeds of which should go to poorer countries. Plus, no aircraft, no emissions for a while, give the planet chance to breathe again. Behave yourself! Your talking shite...."

Aww, is that all you could manage? I expected a bit more of a reaction....and it's "you're", not "your" ffs.

Those of you who follow the updates, what do you think are the chances they will go ahead? I've cancelled mine x

Hi Calli,

Is that because you think they will be cancelled anyway?"

its because I think where I'm going will be in lockdown or at least the places I am going for closed.

Those of you who follow the updates, what do you think are the chances they will go ahead? I've cancelled mine x

Hi Calli,

Is that because you think they will be cancelled anyway? its because I think where I'm going will be in lockdown or at least the places I am going for closed. "

This is my worry too,. especially as I'm away over Christmas and new year.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm assuming that flights will continue to all places except for the places with high levels of this new variant.

It would be appropriate to implement testing again, before returning to the UK. It could catch some infections.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

You need proof of a double jab to enter spain from dec 1st

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I am hoping the new rules about PCR tests and self isolation don't fuck up the travel industry

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I've been out all day and not seen or heard any news today.

Spent this evening booking my flights and accommodation for Gran Canaria from the 11th December paid for it as well. I then decided to put the telly on and watch the late news

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"Ban all aviation until this mess is cleared up. Air travel is responsible for the global spread of this disease, and should be punished accordingly. Massive fines, the proceeds of which should go to poorer countries. Plus, no aircraft, no emissions for a while, give the planet chance to breathe again. "

I would agree but would you just lay off all staff involved. And shut every airport. ETC

So would you be able to fly for Buissness....

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"I've been out all day and not seen or heard any news today.

Spent this evening booking my flights and accommodation for Gran Canaria from the 11th December paid for it as well. I then decided to put the telly on and watch the late news "

Mmmm awkward

Those of you who follow the updates, what do you think are the chances they will go ahead?You need proof of a double jab to enter spain from dec 1st"

So only the vaccinated can go?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Those of you who follow the updates, what do you think are the chances they will go ahead?You need proof of a double jab to enter spain from dec 1st

So only the vaccinated can go?"

Yes..

By *incsladyandscotsmanCouple  over a year ago

North fife

Nobody should be travelling aboard. In my view its irresponsible.

That's my humble opinion.

Scotsman.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Was meant to flying out to Dubai today. Gave it a swerve as have been away for two weeks on a course.

Good call I think. Will wait to see what impact the new strain is having before I make any future plans.

By *aretobareCouple  over a year ago

Central Portugal

From what I have read he new variant could take a few weeks to show and given that 14 people tested positive on a flight to the Netherlands to day and that since the end of smoking on planes they recycle the air I am not sure I would be booking any flights. We left the UK 8 months ago and travelled by car and are in the most vaccinated and one of the least populated areas in Europe. Kind of glad we made the move to say the least but still hope that this is not as serious as governments are implying in terms of symptoms as we know it is very easily spread.

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

"Nobody should be travelling aboard. In my view its irresponsible.

Scotsman. "

Thankfully we are abroad. The village we live in Scotland has been without water,electricity,mobile signal and landlines for 3 days now and there's snow on the ground to boot.

Enjoy your 'responsible' attitude!

By *woodcplCouple  over a year ago

Borehamwood

So you want to ban aviation for the rest of your life?!

"Ban all aviation until this mess is cleared up. Air travel is responsible for the global spread of this disease, and should be punished accordingly. Massive fines, the proceeds of which should go to poorer countries. Plus, no aircraft, no emissions for a while, give the planet chance to breathe again.

So you want to ban aviation for the rest of your life?! "

I said until this Covid mess is cleared up, try and read things before replying

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Scotsman. "

So we throw all those whose jobs and livelihoods (both here and abroad) depend on travel under the bus do we?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Those of you who follow the updates, what do you think are the chances they will go ahead?You need proof of a double jab to enter spain from dec 1st

So only the vaccinated can go?"

And you will need to take a PCR test before you get on the plane back to the Uk and take another PCR test within 48 hrs of return and self isolate till you get that result

Apparently an LFT doesn’t pick up the omicron variant where as the PCR tests do…

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

We're holding off booking what we'd intended to book. Will only book last minute now and it seems to us, very likely that travel WILL become more restricted as more cases of the Omicron variant are found. We'd best order something for a UK _ased Christmas dinner, anyway

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Cebu City

Only changes will be more stricter re entry to U.K. , like mandatory day 2 and 8 and isolation until negative results. But depending on where you go it could be quiet. Valletta was like a ghost town recently but Sharm and Dubai were fine

By *woodcplCouple  over a year ago

Borehamwood

"Ban all aviation until this mess is cleared up. Air travel is responsible for the global spread of this disease, and should be punished accordingly. Massive fines, the proceeds of which should go to poorer countries. Plus, no aircraft, no emissions for a while, give the planet chance to breathe again.

So you want to ban aviation for the rest of your life?!

I said until this Covid mess is cleared up, try and read things before replying "

Thank you I can read - so where do you think Covid is going ?!

Scotsman. "

I think if they do PCR at either end and quarantine (properly in a hotel at their expense) if positive then flying should be possible. All about risk management and responsibility. Flyer who wants to fly covers all the extra costs.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

And you will need to take a PCR test before you get on the plane back to the Uk and take another PCR test within 48 hrs of return and self isolate till you get that result

Apparently an LFT doesn’t pick up the omicron variant where as the PCR tests do…"

No, Lateral flow should test positive for the omicron but unlike PCR cannot differentiate between delta and omicron.

Standard PCR can detect of it's delta or omicron without the need for sequencing according to a friend who is a notable virologist

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

Apparently an LFT doesn’t pick up the omicron variant where as the PCR tests do…"

Don't think that is quite right Fabio.

As i understand it, if you are fully vax

you only need to have the PCR within 48hrs when you get back from Canaries. No need for a pre departure one.

Different if not fully vax though

North fife

Thank you, I am, my responsible attitude makes me happy. So sorry to hear about your lack of power.

Travelling has spread covid, nothing else has. Nothing else has assisted the spread of this disease like humans wandering like nomads round the globe.

North fife

Scotsman.

I think if they do PCR at either end and quarantine (properly in a hotel at their expense) if positive then flying should be possible. All about risk management and responsibility. Flyer who wants to fly covers all the extra costs. "

That's fair en ugh if it can be guaranteed that the rules have been followed. Which in most cases they have not.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Yes.."

Children under 12 are exempt from the rules but yes everyone else will need to be double vaccinated…

Apparently an LFT doesn’t pick up the omicron variant where as the PCR tests do…

No, Lateral flow should test positive for the omicron but unlike PCR cannot differentiate between delta and omicron.

Standard PCR can detect of it's delta or omicron without the need for sequencing according to a friend who is a notable virologist"

Did they say how it can tell the difference?

"Its anyones guess, have you covid related insurance?

Yes I do, luckily I'm not worried about losing the money though, I just wanted to assess whether to book somewhere else instead."

Where would you book?

Yes..

Children under 12 are exempt from the rules but yes everyone else will need to be double vaccinated…"

yeah its scuppered a jan trip for us as my daughter is 15 and therefore at present wont be offered the 2nd jab.... but is to old to be exempt from the rules.. although she is technically classed as fully jabbed here.

Thanks everyone.

Totally confused now, as some are saying you won't be permitted to fly unless you are double jabbed, others are saying you can.

I can't find anything on the Government website that says you now can't enter Spain unvaccinated?

chelmsford

Rules effective from 1 December 2021

The Spanish government requires all arrivals to Spain from the UK to present on entry a Health Control Form and proof of vaccination. See Testing and vaccination:-

This is from gov.uk site.

"Rules effective from 1 December 2021

The Spanish government requires all arrivals to Spain from the UK to present on entry a Health Control Form and proof of vaccination. See Testing and vaccination:-

This is from gov.uk site."

Thank you so much Samiss!

chelmsford

"Rules effective from 1 December 2021

This is from gov.uk site.

Thank you so much Samiss!"

You're welcome lovely!

If you search 'entry requirements for Spain' and look on the gov.uk site, it will give you the information you need. X

» Add a new message to this topic