FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > NHS Test and Trace free PCR Test

NHS Test and Trace free PCR Test

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *traight_no_ice OP   Man  over a year ago

Stoke

Has anyone done the NHS Test and Trace free PCR Test lately? How long did you have to wait for the results? Thank you and stay safe.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

24 hrs

By *neeyeshutMan  over a year ago

surrey

Result back in 14 hours on 5 pcr tests (family) on a couple of occasions

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Tests always been done mid to late afternoon, results are back before 09.30 next day

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mate, if you are seriously asking due to actual need, ffs ask your local gp or local authorities...... seeking facts from this site is the last thing you should be doing.

Stoke

"Mate, if you are seriously asking due to actual need, ffs ask your local gp or local authorities...... seeking facts from this site is the last thing you should be doing."

I am just asking what other people have experienced lately. Simple as that. NHS Test and Trace says results within 2 days but if busy it can take as much as 5 days.

I am not in a dire need for the result, I have not been experiencing any symptoms. Apparently someone in my flight got tested positive and I had to take the test.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

4-5 days when I've done it

"Mate, if you are seriously asking due to actual need, ffs ask your local gp or local authorities...... seeking facts from this site is the last thing you should be doing.

I am just asking what other people have experienced lately. Simple as that. NHS Test and Trace says results within 2 days but if busy it can take as much as 5 days.

I am not in a dire need for the result, I have not been experiencing any symptoms. Apparently someone in my flight got tested positive and I had to take the test."

If you have been informed you been in contact with a +ve covid case, then you definitely need to contact your gp or local authority. Given the opinion of most in here you would certainly be considered a risk, if not to yourself then those you have contact with.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Mate, if you are seriously asking due to actual need, ffs ask your local gp or local authorities...... seeking facts from this site is the last thing you should be doing.

I am not in a dire need for the result, I have not been experiencing any symptoms. Apparently someone in my flight got tested positive and I had to take the test."

mine have been taking 5 to 7 days of late if it's a postal one x

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Mate, if you are seriously asking due to actual need, ffs ask your local gp or local authorities...... seeking facts from this site is the last thing you should be doing."

Seriously? My gp and local authority are useless... They'd be the last place I'd go and ask for honest practical advice.

Seriously? My gp and local authority are useless... They'd be the last place I'd go and ask for honest practical advice. "

In which you and the community you live in have serious shit problems! They’re almost as bad as the ones filtering through this chat room.

By *al kalMan  over a year ago

london

I took a free PCR Took test and it was an early morning slot. Advised it could come by end of day. I received results next day early morning-ish.

Depends thinks its generally within 48 hours depending on how many test are undergoing in your locality.

Stoke

I am not in a dire need for the result, I have not been experiencing any symptoms. Apparently someone in my flight got tested positive and I had to take the test.

If you have been informed you been in contact with a +ve covid case, then you definitely need to contact your gp or local authority. Given the opinion of most in here you would certainly be considered a risk, if not to yourself then those you have contact with."

I have been informed by NHS test and trace and following the official advice mentioned on the gov.uk site.

If you have been informed you been in contact with a +ve covid case, then you definitely need to contact your gp or local authority. Given the opinion of most in here you would certainly be considered a risk, if not to yourself then those you have contact with."

No you don't. If you're double jabbed, you're advised to get a PCR test and that's it.

Stoke

"I took a free PCR Took test and it was an early morning slot. Advised it could come by end of day. I received results next day early morning-ish.

Depends thinks its generally within 48 hours depending on how many test are undergoing in your locality.

"

I ordered it online, got it yesterday and sent it by post a gew hours later. The lab facility got it early this morning.

Stoke

If you have been informed you been in contact with a +ve covid case, then you definitely need to contact your gp or local authority. Given the opinion of most in here you would certainly be considered a risk, if not to yourself then those you have contact with.

No you don't. If you're double jabbed, you're advised to get a PCR test and that's it. "

Correct. Only in the case the PCR test comes positive I will need to self isolate for 10 days after the day I took the test.

No you don't. If you're double jabbed, you're advised to get a PCR test and that's it.

Pal, you’ve just brilliantly demonstrated why using a swingers site to ‘do the right thing’ is the last f**kin source of info you should ever use. You message completely misses the context of the question being addressed...... ffs

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

A friend of mine had the same issue OP of being contacted by Test and trace following a flight from Norway . I got the test from a pharmacy and put in the priority post box when done and the negative result came back very quickly. She did not have to isolate being double jabbed.

By *ittleMissFozzieWoman  over a year ago

Plymouth

My result (postal) was 3 days, my daughter (walk in) is still waiting, 4 days later.

My parents were done same day as my daughter, slightly different area but they had their result in 18 hours. Varies hugely!

Had a PCR test done at home by the nurse about an hour ago and I get the results to my phone tomorrow so I can show the hospital on Monday before a small op.

T

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Less than 24 hours.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Seriously? My gp and local authority are useless... They'd be the last place I'd go and ask for honest practical advice. "

I could walk my test results to the lab, learn how to process them and walk back before I even got through on phone to my gp, not gonna even hazard a guess how long it'd take for an actual appointment

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"My result (postal) was 3 days, my daughter (walk in) is still waiting, 4 days later.

My parents were done same day as my daughter, slightly different area but they had their result in 18 hours. Varies hugely!"

Tell her to ring up, they misplaced my results. I rang up after 2 days and got text an hour later.

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

Correct. Only in the case the PCR test comes positive I will need to self isolate for 10 days after the day I took the test."

Which effectively means you should now be isolating until you get the result hun.

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

But take no notice of me .....I've only spent the last 2 years nursing Covid patients in A&E and ICU

Correct. Only in the case the PCR test comes positive I will need to self isolate for 10 days after the day I took the test.

Which effectively means you should now be isolating until you get the result hun.

Stoke

"

"

Ok to put this to rest, I just called the 119 and I chose the test and trace option. The guy on the line said that because I am double vaccinated and I came from non red list country and because I do not have any symptoms I do not have to self isolate till I get the result.

IF my PCR test comes positive, only then I will have to self isolate.

Stoke

"But take no notice of me .....I've only spent the last 2 years nursing Covid patients in A&E and ICU"

I do take notice of you and I am all for vaccinating, testing, isolating and lockdowns.

But the NHS Test and Trace Test was very specific in my case.

I quote” You do not have to self isolate. However, you should book a PCR test, even if you do not have any symptoms. If you develop symptoms, you should self isolate immediately before taking your PCR test”.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"But take no notice of me .....I've only spent the last 2 years nursing Covid patients in A&E and ICU

I do take notice of you and I am all for vaccinating, testing, isolating and lockdowns.

I quote” You do not have to self isolate. However, you should book a PCR test, even if you do not have any symptoms. If you develop symptoms, you should self isolate immediately before taking your PCR test”."

Which illustrates part of the problem. When experts who have worked doing this for 2 years and passionate advocates who have been trying to do the right thing still get mixed messages it's not a surprise when those less motivated have difficulty understanding what the rules say they should do, and what common sense says you should do... Which may be different things.

Stoke

"But take no notice of me .....I've only spent the last 2 years nursing Covid patients in A&E and ICU

I quote” You do not have to self isolate. However, you should book a PCR test, even if you do not have any symptoms. If you develop symptoms, you should self isolate immediately before taking your PCR test”.

Which illustrates part of the problem. When experts who have worked doing this for 2 years and passionate advocates who have been trying to do the right thing still get mixed messages it's not a surprise when those less motivated have difficulty understanding what the rules say they should do, and what common sense says you should do... Which may be different things. "

I had the misfortune to enter to a Night bus from Leicester square in London. The double decker was packed. 90% of the passengers were not wearing masks despite the fact the masks are compulsory on Tfl. Occasionally the voice anouncement was playing to remind the nutters that everyone should wear a mask. Noone could care. The bus was filled with people, there was no social distancing. On every stop more people were coming in, the driver was not opening the front door the people were entering from the back door (no pun intended) and the bus was full of unmasked people throughout my journey. There is no hope. Where is the common sense of the majority during the pandemic? How difficult is it to wear a mask on public transport?

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

A family member was back the same day.

Probably depends on where you live

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"How difficult is it to wear a mask on public transport?"

From what you've experienced, very

Cabbies are doing well they say because us sensible folk are avoiding the Tube etc.

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

"Has anyone done the NHS Test and Trace free PCR Test lately? How long did you have to wait for the results? Thank you and stay safe."

Mine took a day and a half, my aunts took nearly five days

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

22 hours

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Just under 24hrs for us

Went yesterday at 230, it was back at 4 pm today.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

Took mine at a drive through test centre at midday, result was on my phone when I got up the next morning

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Went on 14.30 on a Sunday few weeks ago, result was on my phone 8.30 Monday morning

Stoke

Thank you for all your answers.

They messaged me the result at 06:17 today.

30 hours after they received my PCR test by post.

The result is negative

By *mma_EvansTV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

"Thank you for all your answers.

They messaged me the result at 06:17 today.

30 hours after they received my PCR test by post.

The result is negative "

That's good to hear OP xx

By *orestguy28Man  over a year ago

Glos

Sharon and Sandra on FB do the news real for here didn’t you know

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Had one early this month, test was 13:30 and informed negative just after 21:00 same day..

By *uxuriantCouple  over a year ago

Sometimes Here, Sometimes There

Waited less than 24 hours. Tested at 3:30pm, result at 6:02am the following morning.

"Had one early this month, test was 13:30 and informed negative just after 21:00 same day.."
was that one you posted off? As my postal ones have been taking 5 to 7 days x

Posted mine 10am and got results next day by lunch time.

Make sure if your posting that you use a post box marked priority then you should get results faster.

"Posted mine 10am and got results next day by lunch time.

Make sure if your posting that you use a post box marked priority then you should get results faster."

I only have one post box in my village and it's a priority I posted mine last week at 7.30am Wednesday. Got my results on the following Monday.

Week before. Posted the same time and on the Wednesday. Didnt get my results till the Tuesday

» Add a new message to this topic