FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Face mask mandate coming back

Face mask mandate coming back

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Boris said indoor retail settings and public transport at least for the next 3 weeks….

Can I suggest it should never have been loosened

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Boris said indoor retail settings and public transport at least for the next 3 weeks….

Can I suggest it should never have been loosened "

Tedious

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

you may suggest that. It has never been loosened as far as I'm concerned anyway, we've both continued to wear them in those situations

"you may suggest that. It has never been loosened as far as I'm concerned anyway, we've both continued to wear them in those situations "

Same here. We've all carried on wearing ours.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I seriously hope it picks up around here

By *azylivingMan  over a year ago

swansea / Bristol

Done so in wales all along & trips to England I get strange looks as I have one on in shops or in close environments ect

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Unless you have the proper medical mask might as well put a paper hat on your head with mug written on it

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

most people still wear them in shops like i do around here.

By *al kalMan  over a year ago

london

[Removed by poster at 27/11/21 17:35:02]

By *al kalMan  over a year ago

london

I forgot to mask up several times a few weeks back... and I ended up catching covid! Will be more careful obviously going forward.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

And the softening up process begins......again........

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"you may suggest that. It has never been loosened as far as I'm concerned anyway, we've both continued to wear them in those situations "

Same here, I’ve always used masks in all indoor settings since March 2020.

I think Fabio meant ‘loosened’ in the sense that the mask mandate was no longer compulsory in England since July this year, so some people stopped using them because it was no longer law.

near ipswich

"Boris said indoor retail settings and public transport at least for the next 3 weeks….

They were not in Scotland and they have similar cases so cant see why you would suggest that.

Herne Bay

Can I suggest it should never have been loosened They were not in Scotland and they have similar cases so cant see why you would suggest that. "

Still people need to keep there chins warmer now the cold weather is here

Manchester (she/her)

"Unless you have the proper medical mask might as well put a paper hat on your head with mug written on it "

If you think that'll help, you can do that too if you want.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"And the softening up process begins......again........"

Softening up for what, to what end?

Lady Astor

Herne Bay

"Unless you have the proper medical mask might as well put a paper hat on your head with mug written on it

If you think that'll help, you can do that too if you want."

If people where told to do it by Government some of the sheep would

Manchester (she/her)

"Unless you have the proper medical mask might as well put a paper hat on your head with mug written on it

If you think that'll help, you can do that too if you want. If people where told to do it by Government some of the sheep would "

So people are sheep for obeying the law? Good to know.

I never stopped wearing a mask, and I get called a sheep all the time, despite the fact that my caution is the opposite of government messaging. Go figure

Herne Bay

If you think that'll help, you can do that too if you want. If people where told to do it by Government some of the sheep would

I never stopped wearing a mask, and I get called a sheep all the time, despite the fact that my caution is the opposite of government messaging. Go figure "

Good for you

NW London

"And the softening up process begins......again........

Lady Astor"

Getting people ready to accept another round of closures/bans/restrictions/lockdowns etc, as we've seen before.

I am hoping very much that this won't be the case and that the mask mandate is just a precaution but unfortunately I have lost a lot of trust in the "science" and the govt.

By *an JuniperoCouple  over a year ago

North East

"And the softening up process begins......again........"

Yep. It’s “just” a mask. It’s “only” retail and transport.

By *esi_maverickMan  over a year ago

b- town

We’ll be in lockdown before you know it as it’s not been ruled out

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I'm not really one for moaning but I'm a bit sick of maskless people on buses coughing and sneezing.

One daft cunt was even joking with her mum that she might have Covid (the mum was coughing like am 80 a day coal miner).

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Ffs! Wheres the face palm emoji?

By *mma_EvansTV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

"I forgot to mask up several times a few weeks back... and I ended up catching covid! Will be more careful obviously going forward."

Hope it didn't knock you for 6 and your well into your recovery xx

ashford

"most people still wear them in shops like i do around here."

Only customers not staff as in there far to long! Spose at least we wont be passing out from the heat this time of year! Every cloud! X

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"Unless you have the proper medical mask might as well put a paper hat on your head with mug written on it "

I thought we debunked that old fossil last year

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS  over a year ago

Carlisle

[Removed by poster at 27/11/21 18:27:50]

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

different rules where we are (Wales)

not stopped wearing our masks since day one.

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

"I'm not really one for moaning but I'm a bit sick of maskless people on buses coughing and sneezing.

One daft cunt was even joking with her mum that she might have Covid (the mum was coughing like am 80 a day coal miner)."

Times like that you wish it was legal to carry a fire arm.

By *hrobbermanMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Correct. A properly fitted medical grade mask will protect you from what youmight breathe in. Even if you have a medical grade mask with filtered in valves, other people are still "at risk" from the aerosol which you breathe out.

I'd also suggest people should wear that paper hat you describe.

By *he_Last_TitanMan  over a year ago

Bristol

About time, in my opinion.

By *hrobbermanMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"I'm not really one for moaning but I'm a bit sick of maskless people on buses coughing and sneezing.

One daft cunt was even joking with her mum that she might have Covid (the mum was coughing like am 80 a day coal miner).

Times like that you wish it was legal to carry a fire arm."

What? To shoot someone who might have a respiratory virus like a cold? You are a tad extreme.

By *he_Last_TitanMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Haha

By *ulcanoMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

I never wore a mask and never would ... unless I was decorating.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

We've not stopped wearing them so no change here.

By *oveboobs2000Man  over a year ago

near

So why is decorating more dangerous than covid ??

Or just because it matches your white overalls

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"We've not stopped wearing them so no change here. "

Same. It's not a big deal to wear one for 20-30 minutes on a bus or in a supermarket. Not sure why some people are so upset about it.

ashford

"We've not stopped wearing them so no change here.

Same. It's not a big deal to wear one for 20-30 minutes on a bus or in a supermarket. Not sure why some people are so upset about it. "

Try working in a supermarket pushing a home shopping trolley picking 175 items an hour wearing one?? X

By *ornynorfolkguyMan  over a year ago

North Norfolk

Same. It's not a big deal to wear one for 20-30 minutes on a bus or in a supermarket. Not sure why some people are so upset about it.

Try working in a supermarket pushing a home shopping trolley picking 175 items an hour wearing one?? X"

I can relate…….fellow picker here!!

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

market rasen

Same. It's not a big deal to wear one for 20-30 minutes on a bus or in a supermarket. Not sure why some people are so upset about it. "

People that are easily manipulated tend to believe the first thing they read or hear on a platform they like to use. Unfortunately social media has a massive influence on people. And most of those people haven’t had the reality of something bad happening to them or people they know.

ashford

Try working in a supermarket pushing a home shopping trolley picking 175 items an hour wearing one?? X

I can relate…….fellow picker here!! "

Wont b as bad as colder now! Plus can go back to mouthing stuff at pesky customers in the way lol! What's ur pick rate ? X

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

No change for me here, wear clinical mask all day in work and do so whenever I'm commuting and shopping, the blasé attitude of some patients has ticked me right off, myself and my colleagues have no choice but to have close contact in our jobs and we're vilified for asking people to wear a mask when they're in a clinical setting no different from a gp or hospital. Touch wood we've only had one case in our staff

North Norfolk

Wont b as bad as colder now! Plus can go back to mouthing stuff at pesky customers in the way lol! What's ur pick rate ? X"

Still bad enough, especially with it inevitably getting busier. 250-300 grocery, 200-225 fresh and frozen. Get my EarPods in and I’m away

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

I never stopped wearing my mask in shops and indoor areas , will continue as is

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Try working in a supermarket pushing a home shopping trolley picking 175 items an hour wearing one?? X"

I used to work in pharmaceutical clean rooms for 8hrs a day with a surgical mask and full hood and visor with safety goggles underneath the hood/visor. Not to mention the scrubs, all in one sterile suit, hairnet, special shoes, overboots and double or triple gloved. Then I'd climb inside a half suit isolator, akin to putting a space suit on. The mask was the least of our concerns - trying opening lids with three pairs of gloves on and being able to flick the sheath off a hypodermic needle without stabbing yourself.

Colchester

"Try working in a supermarket pushing a home shopping trolley picking 175 items an hour wearing one?? X"

Try wearing one whilst working a 12 hour shift 4 days a week within a hospital. You wont hear me moaning about it at work. I want to be protected at work from C-19 and I want to protect my patients. Any one of my patients could be someone's relative and I am sure they would be reassured knowing that me wearing a mask at work helps reduce the risk of transmission xx

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We should have continued with them as mandatory, to lower the levels of people infected. It would be great for the rest of winter at all venues.

Hear hear

North Norfolk

I hate the phrase key workers but all of us done our bit and will continue to do so. Let’s not start with the what about us etc. We’re all on the same team here and appreciate each other

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

I used to work in pharmaceutical clean rooms for 8hrs a day with a surgical mask and full hood and visor with safety goggles underneath the hood/visor. Not to mention the scrubs, all in one sterile suit, hairnet, special shoes, overboots and double or triple gloved. Then I'd climb inside a half suit isolator, akin to putting a space suit on. The mask was the least of our concerns - trying opening lids with three pairs of gloves on and being able to flick the sheath off a hypodermic needle without stabbing yourself. "

Here we go my dog is blacker than your dog

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I've been wearing mine anyway and to be fair in derby today most seemed to be wearing them

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

Can I suggest it should never have been loosened They were not in Scotland and they have similar cases so cant see why you would suggest that. Still people need to keep there chins warmer now the cold weather is here "

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Well at least this strain seems to know the difference between shops and the pub.

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

North West

I used to work in pharmaceutical clean rooms for 8hrs a day with a surgical mask and full hood and visor with safety goggles underneath the hood/visor. Not to mention the scrubs, all in one sterile suit, hairnet, special shoes, overboots and double or triple gloved. Then I'd climb inside a half suit isolator, akin to putting a space suit on. The mask was the least of our concerns - trying opening lids with three pairs of gloves on and being able to flick the sheath off a hypodermic needle without stabbing yourself. Here we go my dog is blacker than your dog "

The point being that people have been wearing masks and much more in workplaces for eons. It's not new but the way people go on, you'd think they'd been asked to run nails through their palms.

"Well at least this strain seems to know the difference between shops and the pub. "

More people go to shops

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"Well at least this strain seems to know the difference between shops and the pub. "

It knows you can't drink a pint through it

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Ha ha, great riposte.

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

If you think that'll help, you can do that too if you want. If people where told to do it by Government some of the sheep would

I never stopped wearing a mask, and I get called a sheep all the time, despite the fact that my caution is the opposite of government messaging. Go figure Good for you "

She's a paragon that one

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

Just remember to wear them for safety and when at risk of Covid, like entering a restaurant

But no need when you're completely safe from Covid, like when you're say in a restaurant

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

I don't suppose that the couples in shops who absolutely have to talk to each other non-stop and thus have the potential to project virus laden droplets near and further will be wearing masks, mandatory or otherwise.

Needless to say, they will have availed themselves of exemption.

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

People that are easily manipulated tend to believe the first thing they read or hear on a platform they like to use. Unfortunately social media has a massive influence on people. And most of those people haven’t had the reality of something bad happening to them or people they know. "

I don't know anyone who has been shot, or died from a bullet wound. I don't know anyone who has been injured or killed by an explosive device.

So guns and bombs are totally safe to use, yet I am not allowed to own either of them FFS.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

a slack PM yet again forced to come into line with the proven standards set by wales and scotland. johnson is a hollow idiot playing politics by pandering to his extremist backbenchers.

North West

"I don't suppose that the couples in shops who absolutely have to talk to each other non-stop and thus have the potential to project virus laden droplets near and further will be wearing masks, mandatory or otherwise.

Needless to say, they will have availed themselves of exemption."

Eh???? Neither of us has ever stopped wearing masks in shops etc. Plenty of single people in Sainsbury's not wearing them though - ought I to tar all single people with the same brush??

Mask wearing, since it was "dropped", has been incredibly patchy from all quarters of society.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

You still think face masks work? Really?

Germany mandated *medical-grade* masks in January in most indoor public spaces. And they're currently seeing their biggest spike in cases.

The evidence is staring people in the face, they simply don’t make any difference as we continually keep seeing.

By *woodcplCouple  over a year ago

Borehamwood

"You still think face masks work? Really?

Germany mandated *medical-grade* masks in January in most indoor public spaces. And they're currently seeing their biggest spike in cases.

The evidence is staring people in the face, they simply don’t make any difference as we continually keep seeing.

"

Absolutely!

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

"I never wore a mask and never would ... unless I was decorating."

Well looking at that beauty of a cock and tight balls I've forgotten what's the topic...mmmm....Gorgeous!!

Newcastle and Gateshead

Absolutely! "

You also need to take into consideration their vaccination rate isn’t as high.. around 2/3 of the eligible population…

NW London

Absolutely!

You also need to take into consideration their vaccination rate isn’t as high.. around 2/3 of the eligible population…"

Although being vaccinated isn't a barrier to catching covid.

My own opinion is that in the majority of places wearing a face covering isn't effective (in some cases it could make things worse- complacency or transmission of germs from dirty masks etc) but if a shop owner wants me to wear one I'm not going to be a dick about it. I just think that using common sense and good judgement is much better than relying on a piece of cloth.

By *he 1 2 watchWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

I agree with you, the scare tactics begin

By *he 1 2 watchWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Neither have i

London

"

Germany has a lower vaccination rate compared to other EU countries.

Best to look at ‘All’ of the evidence staring at you, not look at just one and ignore the rest.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

Best to look at ‘All’ of the evidence staring at you, not look at just one and ignore the rest. "

And you believe the unvaccinated spread it more than the vaccinated? You still spread it if you’ve been vaccinated.

It’s all theatre.

I can’t believe how people are still buying the bs governments are spouting after two years of this nonsense.

near ipswich

Best to look at ‘All’ of the evidence staring at you, not look at just one and ignore the rest.

And you believe the unvaccinated spread it more than the vaccinated? You still spread it if you’ve been vaccinated.

It’s all theatre.

I can’t believe how people are still buying the bs governments are spouting after two years of this nonsense.

"

Here we go again another amateur virologist.

London

It’s all theatre.

"

You spread it less if you’re vaccinated

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

If you think that'll help, you can do that too if you want. If people where told to do it by Government some of the sheep would "

Yep, that's us.

Happy to wear a piece of paper, wear a hat, wear paper socks, wash our hands, bit of distance, quick spray of supermarket trolley handles.

Donate a kidney, cut off a finger, maybe not.

But all the other things the government ask us to do, don't find it too demanding but us sheep never do.

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

About time everyone starts acting responsibly towards themselves and the others during this pandemic. The situation at Tfl is unacceptable for sometime now. I rather be a sheep than send someone to the hospital or worse by being irresponsible.

Same

Times like that you wish it was legal to carry a fire arm."

TOTAL NON COMPLIANCE just like everything else ..its all about control by this Gov

spread the bullshite

I haven’t wore one since all this bullshit started. I had to isolate with the ex at one point coz she got it. Ten days In the house with her and the little en and neither of us caught of it if her.

By *ngel696969Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

"I forgot to mask up several times a few weeks back... and I ended up catching covid! Will be more careful obviously going forward."

You'll find that wearing a mask will not prevent you catching covid anyway. A bit like a chocolate fireguard in that instance. It MAY help others from you not passing it on easily but there are other ways to get covid that's why they provide hand sanitiser in most supermarkets.

Don't beat yourself up because you didn't wear a mask and caught it.

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

I used to work in pharmaceutical clean rooms for 8hrs a day with a surgical mask and full hood and visor with safety goggles underneath the hood/visor. Not to mention the scrubs, all in one sterile suit, hairnet, special shoes, overboots and double or triple gloved. Then I'd climb inside a half suit isolator, akin to putting a space suit on. The mask was the least of our concerns - trying opening lids with three pairs of gloves on and being able to flick the sheath off a hypodermic needle without stabbing yourself. Here we go my dog is blacker than your dog

The point being that people have been wearing masks and much more in workplaces for eons. It's not new but the way people go on, you'd think they'd been asked to run nails through their palms. "

I imagine you chose to do your work under those conditions?

"We’ll be in lockdown before you know it as it’s not been ruled out "

Bring it on!

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Yep. It’s “just” a mask. It’s “only” retail and transport. "

So mask on a bus with a small number of people but not in the pub with lots of people?

So is health or finance being the priority.

And remember I waire mine for you so please waire one for me.

I think everything that has been put in place currently is reasonable and appropriate.

We didn't act quickly enough with the Kent or delta variant so hopefully these measures will help.

Wearing face masks is still law in Scotland but I've noticed some people aren't bothering anymore. I myself will carry on wearing them x

By *eahorsesCouple  over a year ago

North DeVon

Sorry they might not be that good but I seem to get better service in shops by having one on, if it makes them feel better what pain is to me NON

The world is a strange place and if I can make others feel better a happier place to be

By *irky_coupleCouple  over a year ago

kirky

Good. Annoys the shit out of me when you see folk wandering about in shops,etc,without one.

Is it such a burden to wear one? No.

Is it a pain in the arse to remember to take one? Yes.

Seems like a badge of honour "I'm not a sheep!"

Got news for you all,you pay your taxes,pay your bills,wear your seatbelts,don't murder folk,why? Cos it's the law so you're already a sheep. Clowns.

By *dy-ukTV/TS  over a year ago

Offenham

I'm still looking for a panty mask

By *oycoupleCouple  over a year ago

Rotherham

Shut up you idiot.Your opinion..If you look properly into mask effectiveness then comment..

"Shut up you idiot.Your opinion..If you look properly into mask effectiveness then comment.."

Thats not necessary.

My understanding is they have said it is compulsory but not legally enforceable, I don't understand the difference to now then.

Amen to that

Offenham

"My understanding is they have said it is compulsory but not legally enforceable, I don't understand the difference to now then. "

I think what that mean is, it's compulsory to wear one. However due to discrimination, snowflakes and just being soft, anyone can claim they have 'issues' wearing a mask, and no one can challenge them or ask why.... So legally, no one can get into grief.

"My understanding is they have said it is compulsory but not legally enforceable, I don't understand the difference to now then.

I think what that mean is, it's compulsory to wear one. However due to discrimination, snowflakes and just being soft, anyone can claim they have 'issues' wearing a mask, and no one can challenge them or ask why.... So legally, no one can get into grief. "

OK that's not what I said in the slightest and there are perfectly legitimate reasons for people to be exempt and calling someone a snowflake is just insulting and lazy. And yes people can be challenged but only by people in authority like the police not nosy members of the public and rightly so. It was legally enforceable last time this time it isn't so that was my point not a debate about whether people should be called names for not wearing one.

Offenham

"My understanding is they have said it is compulsory but not legally enforceable, I don't understand the difference to now then.

I think what that mean is, it's compulsory to wear one. However due to discrimination, snowflakes and just being soft, anyone can claim they have 'issues' wearing a mask, and no one can challenge them or ask why.... So legally, no one can get into grief.

OK that's not what I said in the slightest and there are perfectly legitimate reasons for people to be exempt and calling someone a snowflake is just insulting and lazy. And yes people can be challenged but only by people in authority like the police not nosy members of the public and rightly so. It was legally enforceable last time this time it isn't so that was my point not a debate about whether people should be called names for not wearing one. "

I didn't call disabled, snowflakes.

Disabled have good reason, although if they can't wear a mask, maybe they could get someone to go into a shop, better than catching covid.

I said disabled and snowflakes as the latter, many just use a loophole to exploit not wearing one.

When I worked in a shop, not even shop staff could ask why people were not wearing masks.

Offenham

OK that's not what I said in the slightest and there are perfectly legitimate reasons for people to be exempt and calling someone a snowflake is just insulting and lazy. And yes people can be challenged but only by people in authority like the police not nosy members of the public and rightly so. It was legally enforceable last time this time it isn't so that was my point not a debate about whether people should be called names for not wearing one.

Disabled have good reason, although if they can't wear a mask, maybe they could get someone to go into a shop, better than catching covid.

I said disabled and snowflakes as the latter, many just use a loophole to exploit not wearing one.

When I worked in a shop, not even shop staff could ask why people were not wearing masks. "

Actually I didn't even mention disabled, I just said 'discrimination' which is often abused by those that just want to flout the rules

ashford

Wont b as bad as colder now! Plus can go back to mouthing stuff at pesky customers in the way lol! What's ur pick rate ? X

Still bad enough, especially with it inevitably getting busier. 250-300 grocery, 200-225 fresh and frozen. Get my EarPods in and I’m away "

Omg that's high! Ambient/chilled and frozen all same rate at 175! Thought that was high enough! Do u allways achieve? X

When I worked in a shop, not even shop staff could ask why people were not wearing masks. "

I didn't mention disabled people and can you tell me what a disabled person looks like please?

And no why should somebody who has a disability who is already marginalised in society be told its best if you stay shut away and get someone to do your shopping for you.

Unfortunately people who have this attitude have made lives of people that are already difficult even more difficult just accept if someone isn't wearing a face covering there may well be a very good reason and just keep your distance it's a simple as that.

And no you don't get to ask why somebody can't wear face covering because it is their personal medical information that is none of your business. One not a medical professional so you don't get to decide who can and camp wear one.

ashford

I used to work in pharmaceutical clean rooms for 8hrs a day with a surgical mask and full hood and visor with safety goggles underneath the hood/visor. Not to mention the scrubs, all in one sterile suit, hairnet, special shoes, overboots and double or triple gloved. Then I'd climb inside a half suit isolator, akin to putting a space suit on. The mask was the least of our concerns - trying opening lids with three pairs of gloves on and being able to flick the sheath off a hypodermic needle without stabbing yourself. "

Umm ur half my age and I take it u wernt running round with a trolley?? x

Offenham

When I worked in a shop, not even shop staff could ask why people were not wearing masks.

I didn't mention disabled people and can you tell me what a disabled person looks like please?

And no why should somebody who has a disability who is already marginalised in society be told its best if you stay shut away and get someone to do your shopping for you.

Unfortunately people who have this attitude have made lives of people that are already difficult even more difficult just accept if someone isn't wearing a face covering there may well be a very good reason and just keep your distance it's a simple as that.

And no you don't get to ask why somebody can't wear face covering because it is their personal medical information that is none of your business. One not a medical professional so you don't get to decide who can and camp wear one. "

I'm just saying, the reason it can't be legally enforced, is exactly that. You asked the question

And no you don't get to ask why somebody can't wear face covering because it is their personal medical information that is none of your business. One not a medical professional so you don't get to decide who can and camp wear one.

I'm just saying, the reason it can't be legally enforced, is exactly that. You asked the question "

But it can be legally enforceable because it was last time so no you didn't answer my question.

ashford

"Try working in a supermarket pushing a home shopping trolley picking 175 items an hour wearing one?? X

Try wearing one whilst working a 12 hour shift 4 days a week within a hospital. You wont hear me moaning about it at work. I want to be protected at work from C-19 and I want to protect my patients. Any one of my patients could be someone's relative and I am sure they would be reassured knowing that me wearing a mask at work helps reduce the risk of transmission xx"

Good for u! X

ashford

I used to work in pharmaceutical clean rooms for 8hrs a day with a surgical mask and full hood and visor with safety goggles underneath the hood/visor. Not to mention the scrubs, all in one sterile suit, hairnet, special shoes, overboots and double or triple gloved. Then I'd climb inside a half suit isolator, akin to putting a space suit on. The mask was the least of our concerns - trying opening lids with three pairs of gloves on and being able to flick the sheath off a hypodermic needle without stabbing yourself. Here we go my dog is blacker than your dog

The point being that people have been wearing masks and much more in workplaces for eons. It's not new but the way people go on, you'd think they'd been asked to run nails through their palms. "

Um yes it is new for a mere supermarket worker! X

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

"I don't suppose that the couples in shops who absolutely have to talk to each other non-stop and thus have the potential to project virus laden droplets near and further will be wearing masks, mandatory or otherwise.

Needless to say, they will have availed themselves of exemption.

Eh???? Neither of us has ever stopped wearing masks in shops etc. Plenty of single people in Sainsbury's not wearing them though - ought I to tar all single people with the same brush??

Mask wearing, since it was "dropped", has been incredibly patchy from all quarters of society. "

So in London we still have to wear masks on public transport and I have done. On trains Up north we don’t, and on trams in Manchester we do - so I do.

I haven’t worn in shops as don’t need to as mandated by government but will do starting tomorrow

Not an issue

Offenham

I'm just saying, the reason it can't be legally enforced, is exactly that. You asked the question

But it can be legally enforceable because it was last time so no you didn't answer my question. "

It was not enforceable last time.

The police tried to put the onus on the shop to make sure everyone wore a mask. The shop owners all united and said they couldn't discriminate between those that had a valid reason and those that just didn't want to wear one.

By *irky_coupleCouple  over a year ago

kirky

"Shut up you idiot.Your opinion..If you look properly into mask effectiveness then comment.."
who's this directed at? And if YOU look into mask effectiveness, which I did, then Mayo clinic,CDC,Johns Hopkins,ncbi to name a few all come to the same conclusions. Masks work! I got bored trying to find something that says masks aren't effective so didn't bother going any further than pretty much the gold standards in the field. There's even a joint study by both Yale and Stanford that has still to be peer reviewed but said surgical masks are 95% effective at filtering out virus particles and the much maligned cloth mask still does 37%. You know the interesting thing that cropped up in my research? The face shield isn't that effective!

So what have you been reading?

I've continued wearing one anyway.

It's very clever this virus must of gone to UNI ....knows if your on public transport or retail shopping so need to wear a mask

But your OK in bars, restaurants and clubs it won't come near you

I work in a supermarket, 12 hr shifts 5 days a week, running around, pushing cages, collecting trolleys, etc. I don't have a problem wearing a mask and have continued to do so even when rules were relaxed. It's not just my health I'm protecting.

By *ristoltony40Man  over a year ago

bristol

Bring back Zorro or the lone ranger best maskers in the busines

Offenham

"It's very clever this virus must of gone to UNI ....knows if your on public transport or retail shopping so need to wear a mask

"

No one's saying "it knows you're in a restaurant, or bar so it won't come near you" We're saying, "how the heck are you going to eat yet samwich, with a mask on"

I quite agree...

ashford

I work in a supermarket, 12 hr shifts 5 days a week, running around, pushing cages, collecting trolleys, etc. I don't have a problem wearing a mask and have continued to do so even when rules were relaxed. It's not just my health I'm protecting. "

Good for u!! X

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"It's very clever this virus must of gone to UNI ....knows if your on public transport or retail shopping so need to wear a mask

"

No one is saying it knows. The difference is you can choose to go to a bar, restaurant, club knowing masks aren’t required, plus normally a set age demographic in them.

A lot of people can’t choose not to use supermarkets, shops or public transport with all ages using them

Offenham

I'd like to also just say.... I'm not a Dr. don't claim to be a scientist BUT since wearing a mask, nearly 2 years ago, I've not even caught a cold. I use to get at least 3 colds a year! So how can anyone say they don't do anything?

I presume the mask naysayers also refused to cover their mouth when coughing or sneezing?

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Still bad enough, especially with it inevitably getting busier. 250-300 grocery, 200-225 fresh and frozen. Get my EarPods in and I’m away "

Lucky you..you don't have to include customers in your equation.... i work for tesco and hated wearing the mask, hot, uncomfortable and bloody difficult to communicate in...especially older, hard of hearing or deaf people

But it can be legally enforceable because it was last time so no you didn't answer my question.

It was not enforceable last time.

The police tried to put the onus on the shop to make sure everyone wore a mask. The shop owners all united and said they couldn't discriminate between those that had a valid reason and those that just didn't want to wear one. "

It wasn't necessarily policed but it was legally enforceable and they didn't put the onus on shopkeepers at all.

By *nblemishedhotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Stourport

Lady Astor

Getting people ready to accept another round of closures/bans/restrictions/lockdowns etc, as we've seen before.

I am hoping very much that this won't be the case and that the mask mandate is just a precaution but unfortunately I have lost a lot of trust in the "science" and the govt."

Nail and head comes to mind there.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Absolutely agree..

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Even that will stop you sploshing virus ridden spit all over everyone you walk past and talk to.

I thought we debunked that old fossil last year"

Yup. Doesn't stop this pair repeating it like a broken record though.

On the flipside, they've stopped calling masks muzzles.

Winston

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

I never stopped wearing a mask, and I get called a sheep all the time, despite the fact that my caution is the opposite of government messaging. Go figure "

"spread the bullshite"

You did exactly that in your post immediately above this one.

Talk about a self fulfilling prophesy.

Winston

Colchester

I work in a supermarket, 12 hr shifts 5 days a week, running around, pushing cages, collecting trolleys, etc. I don't have a problem wearing a mask and have continued to do so even when rules were relaxed. It's not just my health I'm protecting. "

xx

Hi. Interesting you are a picker.Hope you don't crush the bread and eggs by putting heavy items on top etc. Try delivering to 44 customers in a shift in the freezing cold and rain whilst wearing one. Not nice. Asda van driver by the way. X

North West

I used to work in pharmaceutical clean rooms for 8hrs a day with a surgical mask and full hood and visor with safety goggles underneath the hood/visor. Not to mention the scrubs, all in one sterile suit, hairnet, special shoes, overboots and double or triple gloved. Then I'd climb inside a half suit isolator, akin to putting a space suit on. The mask was the least of our concerns - trying opening lids with three pairs of gloves on and being able to flick the sheath off a hypodermic needle without stabbing yourself.

Umm ur half my age and I take it u wernt running round with a trolley?? x"

I worked with people of all ages and I had to crawl all around the floor, push trolleys of equipment and climb on surfaces to carry out microbiological sampling of the environment. It was a physical job, hence why I am now unable to do it anymore. I can't crawl under compounding cabinets in a wheelchair.

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

Its beyond us why people belittle people for having a different outlook as them

ashford

"Hi. Interesting you are a picker.Hope you don't crush the bread and eggs by putting heavy items on top etc. Try delivering to 44 customers in a shift in the freezing cold and rain whilst wearing one. Not nice. Asda van driver by the way. X"

Ha ha no I dont crush the bread and eggs unlike the youngsters! When they get to many complaints they change the picking route to get them picked last! Which adds to the time as we double back on our selves but it is what it is at end of day! If we have to wear them we will but deffo not out of choice x

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Try shovelling grain out of a 100T bin without wearing one Oh its soo hard to wear a mask whilst wondering around a climate controlled store, give me a break!

By *ookingtocumMan  over a year ago

fife

Can I suggest it should never have been loosened They were not in Scotland and they have similar cases so cant see why you would suggest that. "

Yip it just shows how ineffective they are, cases still on the rise up here the same as England, get your jabs and bosster and get on with life it ain't going away anytime soon and at one point in your life you probably will catch it,if you want to wear a mask feel free but but it's up to me if I do. It may sound to some as selfish but if the put the same amount of cash in to cancer research as they have to covid I might still have a dad an auntie and at least 20 to 30 friends and work couleages that would still be here, know loads more friends work mates and their familys of all ages that have all had covid and all of them are still here some of them have even had it twice.

ashford

Try shovelling grain out of a 100T bin without wearing one Oh its soo hard to wear a mask whilst wondering around a climate controlled store, give me a break!"

It's not a competition? x

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"

That's not what meta-analysis of the tens of peer reviewed published research data shows though - which is that masks do help to reduce infections. Which research data in the studies have you reviewed? Did you redo the statistical analysis and find alternative results - if so, it should be published. Germany has at some points during this pandemic done better than the UK.

By *arryandAnnCouple  over a year ago

Hereford

[Removed by poster at 28/11/21 10:27:26]

Even that will stop you sploshing virus ridden spit all over everyone you walk past and talk to."

Agree!

By *r and Miss MischiefCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Let’s use common sense here and you don’t have to be a scientist or use a peer reviewed paper to explain theses facts for the people who think face masks will protect them from COVID-19. Although masks help to stop some respiratory droplets and saliva from coughing and sneezing regardless of what kind of mask you have maybe with the exception of a P3 mask which will filter at least 99% of particles from 0.3 microns in size upwards but still not good enough for COVID-19 virus which is on average size 0.1-0.5 microns as all masks have a network of microscopic pores which are larger than the Covid-19 virus they are supposed to help to keep out. If they didn’t, you wouldn’t be able to breathe in them at all. Viruses go right through masks, over and around them especially if not worn properly anyway. A common mantra uttered by some members of the brainwashed public along with politicians, scientist and bureaucrats who’s mental processes have atrophied from non use is that wearing a mask is small thing to ask—no big deal—a minor inconvenience. Oh, really? I think not.

Masks are extremely damaging to the health of adults and children in numerous ways. Il explain, they obstruct the nose and mouth, cause oxygen deprivation, increases CO2 levels in the blood causing: hypoxia,hypercapnia, facial lesions, damage to teeth and gums such as gingivitis that along with less oxygen increases the risk of heart attack and stroke, increased risk of cancer due to lower oxygen levels that cancer thrives in and toxic substances in the masks that you are inhaling, psychological deterioration, physical and mental exhaustion, headaches, and confusion for people that have to wear them for many hours on end. Masks are even more harmful to children. Masks create a warm moist environment on the face which is a veritable petri dish for all sorts of pathogenic microbes that can cause clinically relevant fungal, bacterial or viral infections. In addition, mask wearers exhale more fine microscopic aerosol particles than non mask wearers which can remain suspended in the fluid air for hours and are the primary mode of viral transmission, not droplets. This is why plastic shields at store counters are worthless. The viral aerosols can be everywhere in the air indoors and everyone is breathing the same air especially if in a confined space. Actually think and don’t just follow the inconsistant government guidelines on mask wearing, is it going to even make a difference to Covid-19 transmission I think not!

North West

[Removed by poster at 28/11/21 11:33:35]

North West

" A common mantra uttered by some members of the brainwashed public along with politicians, scientist and bureaucrats who’s mental processes have atrophied from non use is that wearing a mask is small thing to ask—no big deal—a minor inconvenience. Oh, really? I think not.

Masks are extremely damaging to the health of adults and children in numerous ways. Il explain, they obstruct the nose and mouth, cause oxygen deprivation, increases CO2 levels in the blood causing: hypoxia,hypercapnia, facial lesions, damage to teeth and gums such as gingivitis that along with less oxygen increases the risk of heart attack and stroke, increased risk of cancer due to lower oxygen levels that cancer thrives in and toxic substances in the masks that you are inhaling, psychological deterioration, physical and mental exhaustion, headaches, and confusion for people that have to wear them for many hours on end. Masks are even more harmful to children. Masks create a warm moist environment on the face which is a veritable petri dish for all sorts of pathogenic microbes that can cause clinically relevant fungal, bacterial or viral infections. In addition, mask wearers exhale more fine microscopic aerosol particles than non mask wearers which can remain suspended in the fluid air for hours and are the primary mode of viral transmission, not droplets. This is why plastic shields at store counters are worthless. The viral aerosols can be everywhere in the air indoors and everyone is breathing the same air especially if in a confined space. Actually think and don’t just follow the inconsistant government guidelines on mask wearing, is it going to even make a difference to Covid-19 transmission I think not!"

This is a load of complete tosh.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"Let’s use common sense here and you don’t have to be a scientist or use a peer reviewed paper to explain theses facts for the people who think face masks will protect them from COVID-19. Although masks help to stop some respiratory droplets and saliva from coughing and sneezing regardless of what kind of mask you have maybe with the exception of a P3 mask which will filter at least 99% of particles from 0.3 microns in size upwards but still not good enough for COVID-19 virus which is on average size 0.1-0.5 microns as all masks have a network of microscopic pores which are larger than the Covid-19 virus they are supposed to help to keep out. If they didn’t, you wouldn’t be able to breathe in them at all. Viruses go right through masks, over and around them especially if not worn properly anyway. A common mantra uttered by some members of the brainwashed public along with politicians, scientist and bureaucrats who’s mental processes have atrophied from non use is that wearing a mask is small thing to ask—no big deal—a minor inconvenience. Oh, really? I think not.

Masks are extremely damaging to the health of adults and children in numerous ways. Il explain, they obstruct the nose and mouth, cause oxygen deprivation, increases CO2 levels in the blood causing: hypoxia,hypercapnia, facial lesions, damage to teeth and gums such as gingivitis that along with less oxygen increases the risk of heart attack and stroke, increased risk of cancer due to lower oxygen levels that cancer thrives in and toxic substances in the masks that you are inhaling, psychological deterioration, physical and mental exhaustion, headaches, and confusion for people that have to wear them for many hours on end. Masks are even more harmful to children. Masks create a warm moist environment on the face which is a veritable petri dish for all sorts of pathogenic microbes that can cause clinically relevant fungal, bacterial or viral infections. In addition, mask wearers exhale more fine microscopic aerosol particles than non mask wearers which can remain suspended in the fluid air for hours and are the primary mode of viral transmission, not droplets. This is why plastic shields at store counters are worthless. The viral aerosols can be everywhere in the air indoors and everyone is breathing the same air especially if in a confined space. Actually think and don’t just follow the inconsistant government guidelines on mask wearing, is it going to even make a difference to Covid-19 transmission I think not!"

Blimey. So the covid particles can get through the mask but oxygen and carbon dioxide molecules can’t. That is amazing that the much smaller gas molecules either get trapped or repelled by the masks

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"Let’s use common sense here and you don’t have to be a scientist or use a peer reviewed paper to explain theses facts for the people who think face masks will protect them from COVID-19. Although masks help to stop some respiratory droplets and saliva from coughing and sneezing regardless of what kind of mask you have maybe with the exception of a P3 mask which will filter at least 99% of particles from 0.3 microns in size upwards but still not good enough for COVID-19 virus which is on average size 0.1-0.5 microns as all masks have a network of microscopic pores which are larger than the Covid-19 virus they are supposed to help to keep out. If they didn’t, you wouldn’t be able to breathe in them at all. Viruses go right through masks, over and around them especially if not worn properly anyway. A common mantra uttered by some members of the brainwashed public along with politicians, scientist and bureaucrats who’s mental processes have atrophied from non use is that wearing a mask is small thing to ask—no big deal—a minor inconvenience. Oh, really? I think not.

Is there a polite way to say, this is just utter b*ll*cks?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

So why do the staff in hospitals wear them?

ashford

U have made me wonder now! I have had a sore mouth for months now! I put it down to the jabs as it is one of the side effects when I looked it up! So much so I refused the booster couple weeks ago! But maybe it was the constant wearing of the mask for my 8 hr supermarket shifts! and before the I wear mine for .... and I not got a sore mouth! Not everyone have same side affects as others! As like with all things! X

By *ond Jimmy BondMan  over a year ago

London

Early last year a huge amount of bus drivers in London died of Covid because in the early days they didn’t have the correct PPE, they were then given PPE and the holes in the Perspex between the public and drivers were covered up. The amount of deaths dropped considerably. So the normal masks do I have some impact, obviously medical masks would help even more but the public are unlikely to agree to wear them to the same extent

Masks are extremely damaging to the health of adults and children in numerous ways. Il explain, they obstruct the nose and mouth, cause oxygen deprivation, increases CO2 levels in the blood causing: hypoxia,hypercapnia, facial lesions, damage to teeth and gums such as gingivitis that along with less oxygen increases the risk of heart attack and stroke, increased risk of cancer due to lower oxygen levels that cancer thrives in and toxic substances in the masks that you are inhaling, psychological deterioration, physical and mental exhaustion, headaches, and confusion for people that have to wear them for many hours on end. Masks are even more harmful to children. Masks create a warm moist environment on the face which is a veritable petri dish for all sorts of pathogenic microbes that can cause clinically relevant fungal, bacterial or viral infections. In addition, mask wearers exhale more fine microscopic aerosol particles than non mask wearers which can remain suspended in the fluid air for hours and are the primary mode of viral transmission, not droplets. This is why plastic shields at store counters are worthless. The viral aerosols can be everywhere in the air indoors and everyone is breathing the same air especially if in a confined space. Actually think and don’t just follow the inconsistant government guidelines on mask wearing, is it going to even make a difference to Covid-19 transmission I think not!

U have made me wonder now! I have had a sore mouth for months now! I put it down to the jabs as it is one of the side effects when I looked it up! So much so I refused the booster couple weeks ago! But maybe it was the constant wearing of the mask for my 8 hr supermarket shifts! and before the I wear mine for .... and I not got a sore mouth! Not everyone have same side affects as others! As like with all things! X"

I think you'll find that's Thrush

Exactly

ashford

U have made me wonder now! I have had a sore mouth for months now! I put it down to the jabs as it is one of the side effects when I looked it up! So much so I refused the booster couple weeks ago! But maybe it was the constant wearing of the mask for my 8 hr supermarket shifts! and before the I wear mine for .... and I not got a sore mouth! Not everyone have same side affects as others! As like with all things! X

I think you'll find that's Thrush "

Nope deffo not thrush! X

By *otcrossedbunsCouple  over a year ago

camborne

People that are easily manipulated tend to believe the first thing they read or hear on a platform they like to use. Unfortunately social media has a massive influence on people. And most of those people haven’t had the reality of something bad happening to them or people they know.

I don't know anyone who has been shot, or died from a bullet wound. I don't know anyone who has been injured or killed by an explosive device.

So guns and bombs are totally safe to use, yet I am not allowed to own either of them FFS."

I have so don't be a cunt all your life and take a day off

"

People enjoy doing as they are told, we were told the vaccines work and would do away with all restrictions but here we are again. People will continue to wear them for many years for no reason as long as they are told to.

Funny how hardly anyone used to wear them when seasonal flu and cold virus’s were about which were also very transmissible and could kill the vulnerable.

Blimey. So the covid particles can get through the mask but oxygen and carbon dioxide molecules can’t. That is amazing that the much smaller gas molecules either get trapped or repelled by the masks"

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

As soon as you call people sheep/sheeple you lose all credibility

By *ottom charlieMan  over a year ago

washington

its should never have been relaxed the minute anyone leaves their home they should wear a mask till they get back home,, why risk bringing the virus home to your loved ones its a no brainer...

Oh your so cool being rebellious.

Did you always insist on sitting at the back of the bus on school trips with the other rebel's and cool kid's?

I think maybe wearing a face mask has starved your brain of oxygen. I've not read such a load of old nonsense in a long time.

Winston

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

Pointless... let's be seen to do something.

In shops and public transport but not pubs or other hospitality.

What a joke.

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

For myself it’s a good idea that shouldn’t have been dropped before.

It helps and it’s better than nothing.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

omg really...... this is such rubbish. I wear a mask to work.... and when we check our oxygen levels. ( came about as someone at the home was stating the oxygen depletion angle. There was no difference in it.

My sister is very badly asthmatic . My brother has copd. BOTH manage to wear a mask with no issues..

Mask wearing does not increase co2 levels in the blood either. This is just regurgitated rubbish

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Masks can't keep covid virus particles out but they can keep in CO2 particles which are many times smaller. How does that work?

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Masks stop droplets from coughing and sneezing and so mitigate transmission

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

The only person being brainwashed is you for believing and repeating this kind of utter nonsense - I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here that you even possess a brain to spout this kind of bollocks.

"I'm still looking for a panty mask "

Google is your friend. You can buy used fashion panty-masks ($950).

Although i suppose you could alter a Dr Whites..

Newcastle and Gateshead

Wow… tin foil hat much??????

ashford

The only person being brainwashed is you for believing and repeating this kind of utter nonsense - I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here that you even possess a brain to spout this kind of bollocks. "

Rude! X

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

Wow… tin foil hat much?????? "

By *ingo69Man  over a year ago

north staffs south cheshire

Oh fuck not another mask rule from Tuesday the fetish gimp mask will have to get an introduction to the outside world instead of been behind closed doors

By *r and Miss MischiefCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Wearing a mask that is not designed to stop virus transmission makes no difference to the transmission of covid-19 virus particles that is much smaller than the pores in the mask. How is that hard to understand??? It’s not rocket science is it???

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

The amount of noise created by people who refuse to step-up to reasonable requests and do their bit to help try and restrict the spread of covid is incredible.

If the situation worsens and the requests become instruction to stay at home with pubs, restaurants and businesses forced to close again, what would the no mask wearing at any cost people say then?

I hear excuse after excuse for not wearing a mask driven by unconsciously incompetent mindsets, no amount of reasoning will change this mindset and this is why the government needs to tell us what we need to do. The people who do their part in society are not sheep, the message from the government isn't for those that do their part, it is for the people that need telling...

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

"Wearing a mask that is not designed to stop virus transmission makes no difference to the transmission of covid-19 virus particles that is much smaller than the pores in the mask. How is that hard to understand??? It’s not rocket science is it???"

You are actually wrong. I agree that the way that people are wearing them is a problem but if you use a reasonably fitted, reasonable quality mask then they can work quite effectively.

By *ripodius WillyusMan  over a year ago

Colne

I fully agree as usual with Boris only half a job somehow with pubs etc no restrictions regarding facemasks the people who work behind bars should be considered in this.

Should never have removed mask wearing in shops and pubs etc health of the many far more important than those without.

Yet again rest of uk took steps to bring in restrictions and because of Boris and his I know better than anyone else dragged his feet.

By *an JuniperoCouple  over a year ago

North East

People can argue back and forth until the end of time about whether masks work or not. The problem is, mask MANDATES don’t work.

Type of mask, the way they are worn, condition of masks, extended use and true efficiency of transmission reduction are all factors.

The case data from July 19th between Scotland, Wales and England shows the mandates didn’t have much effect at all. Case rates were often higher in Scotland and Wales than they were in England. Does this mean masks make things worse? Not likely. Does it prove masks reduce transmission? Also no.

Even going back to September 2020 when masks were made mandatory in pretty much every setting of the UK, cases skyrocketed.

All of the papers supporting the use masks aren’t relevant to real life and human behaviour. Some people will wear perfect masks in the perfect way and reduce the spread of anything they might have. Most people however will wear a dirty cloth that’s been stuffed in and out of their pockets for a week.

As has previously been mentioned, this seems more like a softening up exercise to prepare for harsher measures later. Perhaps a test of compliance?

Either way, hopefully omicron comes to nothing and all this hysteria is short lived.

Manchester (she/her)

"The amount of noise created by people who refuse to step-up to reasonable requests and do their bit to help try and restrict the spread of covid is incredible.

If the situation worsens and the requests become instruction to stay at home with pubs, restaurants and businesses forced to close again, what would the no mask wearing at any cost people say then?

I hear excuse after excuse for not wearing a mask driven by unconsciously incompetent mindsets, no amount of reasoning will change this mindset and this is why the government needs to tell us what we need to do. The people who do their part in society are not sheep, the message from the government isn't for those that do their part, it is for the people that need telling...

"

If I wear a mask and reduce the chance of transmission to and through me, I reduce the chance of needing stricter measures. It's not rocket science.

London

"People can argue back and forth until the end of time about whether masks work or not. The problem is, mask MANDATES don’t work.

Type of mask, the way they are worn, condition of masks, extended use and true efficiency of transmission reduction are all factors.

The case data from July 19th between Scotland, Wales and England shows the mandates didn’t have much effect at all. Case rates were often higher in Scotland and Wales than they were in England. Does this mean masks make things worse? Not likely. Does it prove masks reduce transmission? Also no.

Even going back to September 2020 when masks were made mandatory in pretty much every setting of the UK, cases skyrocketed.

All of the papers supporting the use masks aren’t relevant to real life and human behaviour. Some people will wear perfect masks in the perfect way and reduce the spread of anything they might have. Most people however will wear a dirty cloth that’s been stuffed in and out of their pockets for a week.

As has previously been mentioned, this seems more like a softening up exercise to prepare for harsher measures later. Perhaps a test of compliance?

Either way, hopefully omicron comes to nothing and all this hysteria is short lived. "

“………. Some people will wear perfect masks in the perfect way and reduce the spread of anything they might have……”

—————————————

And if ‘some’ people do that, then it’s still better than if nobody did.