FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > New variant?

New variant?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rank speaker OP   Man  over a year ago

Worcester

Oh dear. Here we go again? When will the government wake up and stop shutting the stable door, too late again? I've been bleating on about this for ages. We're an island for a reason! Shut everything down! If you've been on holiday except to be isolated when you come back and make sure you can afford it before you book? I can't think of any need why anyone needs to travel atm anyway?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

To see family maybe?

Freight?

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

The moronic variant.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

Is it just me or does the Omnicron Variant sound like the big bad from The Transformers or similar? You thought Megatron was evil meet Omnicrom! Dun dun dunnnnn....

"

Is it just me or does the Omnicron Variant sound like the big bad from The Transformers or similar? You thought Megatron was evil meet Omnicrom! Dun dun dunnnnn.... "

Haha that's what I said in a different thread. It sounds exactly like something from transformers

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

"

Is it just me or does the Omnicron Variant sound like the big bad from The Transformers or similar? You thought Megatron was evil meet Omnicrom! Dun dun dunnnnn....

Haha that's what I said in a different thread. It sounds exactly like something from transformers "

The planet eater Unicron

"

Haha that's what I said in a different thread. It sounds exactly like something from transformers The planet eater Unicron "

I'm hoping for starscream

Maybe whatever that one that turned into a Walkman thing was in the film

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"Freight?"

No problem with freight.. Driver goes to ferry terminal, drops off trailer. UK driver goes across on ferry, collects trailer with his tractor unit brings back in the UK - no contact.

We managed the Berlin airlift in the 50's, I'm sure moving a few 1000 trailers a day is manageable.

By *lex D.Man  over a year ago

London

"Oh dear. Here we go again? When will the government wake up and stop shutting the stable door, too late again? I've been bleating on about this for ages. We're an island for a reason! Shut everything down! If you've been on holiday except to be isolated when you come back and make sure you can afford it before you book? I can't think of any need why anyone needs to travel atm anyway?"

"We're an island for a reason"

"Can't think of any need why anyone needs to travel atm anyway"

Sir, You?, stay home, safe lives, protect yourself.

By *hedireCouple  over a year ago

wigan

We are currently out in Pretoria visiting family for a 90th birthday, and he survived covid, just. Also providing travel assistance to him between Johannesburg and Botswana (Maun).

For logistical reasons we're on different flights, or were until the airlines cancelled my flight and her flight will not fly non French nationals. Wife's sister is with us too.

News of this broke to me when transiting at Doha to join my wife. I decided to continue rather than turn back with knowledge of SA going on the red list, because family is more important than running scared from knee jerk reactions.

We dance in the rain rather than let storm clouds bring us down. Having said that weather here is somewhat wet for close to midsummer!

Didn’t they already put SA and other African countries, on a red list?

To be fair I think from all this, we learnt that it can’t be stopped.

Maybe slowed down but it is impossible to stop it. So it’s just a matter of time that this variant will be in Europe and here.

"Didn’t they already put SA and other African countries, on a red list?

To be fair I think from all this, we learnt that it can’t be stopped.

Maybe slowed down but it is impossible to stop it. So it’s just a matter of time that this variant will be in Europe and here.

"

People just get on flights from SA to another country and come back in from there..

Israel have just banned all foreign visitors...what a good idea

Covid: UK is 'panicking unnecessarily' says doctor who discovered Omicron variant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiBoKGwVnxM

By *rank speaker OP   Man  over a year ago

Worcester

"Freight?

No problem with freight.. Driver goes to ferry terminal, drops off trailer. UK driver goes across on ferry, collects trailer with his tractor unit brings back in the UK - no contact.

We managed the Berlin airlift in the 50's, I'm sure moving a few 1000 trailers a day is manageable."

Interesting thought? However, due to the relatively small numbers involved surely tests could be carried out to ensure the driver was all clear? And with the widespread use of containers nowadays the whole human contact thing could be virtually eliminated anyway?

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Oh dear. Here we go again? When will the government wake up and stop shutting the stable door, too late again? I've been bleating on about this for ages. We're an island for a reason! Shut everything down! If you've been on holiday except to be isolated when you come back and make sure you can afford it before you book? I can't think of any need why anyone needs to travel atm anyway?"

I have to say.. "We're an island for a reason" is possibly one of the most ridiculous things I've read for a while. Nobody has decided to make us an island, it is an effect of geography.

"Oh dear. Here we go again? When will the government wake up and stop shutting the stable door, too late again? I've been bleating on about this for ages. We're an island for a reason! Shut everything down! If you've been on holiday except to be isolated when you come back and make sure you can afford it before you book? I can't think of any need why anyone needs to travel atm anyway?

I have to say.. "We're an island for a reason" is possibly one of the most ridiculous things I've read for a while. Nobody has decided to make us an island, it is an effect of geography. "

By *orkcouple81Couple  over a year ago

west

How about the people who are close contacts and those who have the virus and NOT staying at home. Fine go for walk cycle etc , get fresh air but not mixing with others. It's serious lack of cop on that gets me.

Facile nonsense.

"Covid: UK is 'panicking unnecessarily' says doctor who discovered Omicron variant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiBoKGwVnxM

"

Is it unnecessary though because that's the difficulty.

The UK government didn't act quickly enough with Delta so I'm hoping lessons have been learned and I'd rather some limitations rather than going back to a 1000 deaths A-day and lock down.

» Add a new message to this topic