FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Double jabbed plus booster and I still caught covid

Double jabbed plus booster and I still caught covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hrissie OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

Just a warning. Even though I have had all 3 jabs I still caught the poxy virus. If this is what it feels like after 3 jabs. Wouldn't want to catch it being unvaccinated. Make sure you get your jabs when offered.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Feel better soon

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

The vaccination does not stop you getting the virus. Just enables you to get rid of it quickly and avoid serious issues.

I got it after two jabs. Was like a bad cold for me but you are right OP, If it feels bad after the Jabs, what would it have been without!!

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

[Removed by poster at 30/11/21 00:48:24]

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

"Just a warning. Even though I have had all 3 jabs I still caught the poxy virus. If this is what it feels like after 3 jabs. Wouldn't want to catch it being unvaccinated. Make sure you get your jabs when offered.

Hope you get well soon.

My sister had 2 jabs but down with it badly at the moment.

I can't have jab due to allergic history and had covid a month ago, it knocked me out unconcious on the 4th day. Eye test today revealed some damage to my right eye attributed to a "viral infection"

Looks like the new strain has been here sometime and will do some damage.

Take care. x"

By *ale_seeking_funMan  over a year ago

reading

I had it early on and was ill for sometime and then got it again after having both of the initial two jabs and it was like a cold now triple jabbed so hopefully even better , Omicron permitting.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

You might have felt better without the vaccine, you can't prove it either way though.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"The vaccination does not stop you getting the virus. Just enables you to get rid of it quickly and avoid serious issues.

I got it after two jabs. Was like a bad cold for me but you are right OP, If it feels bad after the Jabs, what would it have been without!! "

The vaccine can stop you getting the virus. It certainly does more than Just preventing serious issues...

scotland

"You might have felt better without the vaccine, you can't prove it either way though."

Love to see some evidence that the vaccine makes symptoms worse. That's comedy...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It'll be a nice change to see a thread without evidence. Just peoples thoughts on the matter. Not a 'I'm going to prove you're a dick' for having a different option to mine! Folk know where to get the evidence from.

By *ymbunnyfitCouple  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Had it two weeks ago felt shit like bad flu but delt with it. No jabs or buster back to normal now so don't really think any difference. Have many friends jabbed all had it and felt just as crap.

East Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 30/11/21 07:41:14]

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

"Had it two weeks ago felt shit like bad flu but delt with it. No jabs or buster back to normal now so don't really think any difference. Have many friends jabbed all had it and felt just as crap. "

Aye, it's quite laughable all the people who equate having only mild symptoms from a virus that only gives mild symptoms in the majority of people to somehow have been saved by a "vaccine"

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Had it two weeks ago felt shit like bad flu but delt with it. No jabs or buster back to normal now so don't really think any difference. Have many friends jabbed all had it and felt just as crap.

Aye, it's quite laughable all the people who equate having only mild symptoms from a virus that only gives mild symptoms in the majority of people to somehow have been saved by a "vaccine" "

We have not lost a single resident to covid since they were vaccinated. Compared to losing over half at the start.... I have a daughter who without the vaccine was at serious risk of dying if she caught it... the vaccine reduced her risk a lot.

East Yorkshire

So here's the hate I was in bed for 10 to 12 days lost weight couldn't eat. I've not had day off sick in years. Said I felt shit but was like a flu that's my honest experience of it.

Yes I know people are dying been very ill and some people need protection 100%.

The start of the post was saying can't think how bad it will be for none vaccined. So I just put my own experience and that of people around me.

By *exOnLegsPlymCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

I've had it (double jabbed). Just felt a bit tired and had a background headache for a few days. If I hadn't had to have a PCR test for work, I'd never have even realised I'd had it. J and I still slept together and had regular sex, J, also double jabbed, didn't catch it. We know this as my work asked that he have a PCR test also and he was negative.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

I had covid before vaccines, I was 60.

I felt a bit poorly for a week, went back to work after two weeks (an extra week off I got full pay for, bonus!) and all I'm left with is a touch of covid nose.

By *eglieanCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

"Had it two weeks ago felt shit like bad flu but delt with it. No jabs or buster back to normal now so don't really think any difference. Have many friends jabbed all had it and felt just as crap. "

Quite strange really, you've got loads of friends who've had it? Your not jabbed? And had it? Hmmmm bit of a common denominator eh?

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"You might have felt better without the vaccine, you can't prove it either way though.

Love to see some evidence that the vaccine makes symptoms worse. That's comedy... "

Can’t evidence that! Can’t evidence that it doesn’t !

"Just a warning. Even though I have had all 3 jabs I still caught the poxy virus. If this is what it feels like after 3 jabs. Wouldn't want to catch it being unvaccinated. Make sure you get your jabs when offered."

The emperor is not wearing any clothes . It's ok to say it!

"Just a warning. Even though I have had all 3 jabs I still caught the poxy virus. If this is what it feels like after 3 jabs. Wouldn't want to catch it being unvaccinated. Make sure you get your jabs when offered."

Having the vaccine doesn’t stop you from getting it, so wish people would understand that. It gives your body enough antibodies to stop you getting it as bad to need hospital treatment, so it will be milder.

Having said that, I woke up yesterday with no smell or taste, I have very bad muscle aches (mainly neck & shoulders), so I think I also have the poxy virus, will know for sure when my test comes back. Also I’m itchy all over not sure if that’s a reaction to the booster I had

By *edRavenCouple  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

I was double jab and caught it in august ended up in hospital begin of September was in a very bad work was on oxygen for 14 days while I was in there, still recovering now.

If I hadn’t been double jab I may not of made it and that was from my doctor.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Just a warning. Even though I have had all 3 jabs I still caught the poxy virus. If this is what it feels like after 3 jabs. Wouldn't want to catch it being unvaccinated. Make sure you get your jabs when offered.

Having the vaccine doesn’t stop you from getting it, so wish people would understand that. It gives your body enough antibodies to stop you getting it as bad to need hospital treatment, so it will be milder.

Having said that, I woke up yesterday with no smell or taste, I have very bad muscle aches (mainly neck & shoulders), so I think I also have the poxy virus, will know for sure when my test comes back. Also I’m itchy all over not sure if that’s a reaction to the booster I had "

I hope you feel better soon

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

south side

Now that Covid has been around for a bit, there are lots of studies available on its effects, with or without vaccination. The Lancet had lots of up to date research. For a non medical view, lots of Life insurance companies, particularly in America are now seeing the statistics, based on very large(millions) cohorts of insured people. At this stage, their statistics are often at variance with government published data.(less deaths) I dont know why. They also show statistics of post vaxxination illness and deaths, based on insurance claims.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Mone is this Sunday

By *xelciscoMan  over a year ago

Reading/bracknell

"Now that Covid has been around for a bit, there are lots of studies available on its effects, with or without vaccination. The Lancet had lots of up to date research. For a non medical view, lots of Life insurance companies, particularly in America are now seeing the statistics, based on very large(millions) cohorts of insured people. At this stage, their statistics are often at variance with government published data.(less deaths) I dont know why. They also show statistics of post vaxxination illness and deaths, based on insurance claims. "

Electronic health records and claims data suffer from different coding and structure bias. The stats rarely match.

It also took a year for the central dictionary to be updated and not organisation have rolled out new versions timely too.. so we still have limited consistent data overall..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We're each unique in our response to vaccines, infections and the state and effectiveness of our immune systems. The effectiveness of our immune systems deteriorates with age, hence never having had problem X before is no justification for not having a treatment, that can bolster our immune response, as we've now aged. It's comparing applies and oranges, to contrast our younger immune system with the one we have today. Get flu jabbed, even if you never had the flu.

With billions of people fully vaccinated, some will get infected, some with severe illnesses and some may die. But the world is a safer place if we are all better protected.

scotland

Having said that, I woke up yesterday with no smell or taste, I have very bad muscle aches (mainly neck & shoulders), so I think I also have the poxy virus, will know for sure when my test comes back. Also I’m itchy all over not sure if that’s a reaction to the booster I had "

Having the vaccine can stop you getting it. If you've had covid and come into contact with the virus does it run away from you? No, it tries to infect you but your antibodies sort it out. Same goes for the vaccine. The antibodies the vaccine prompts your immune system to create gives you a head start against the virus.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"You might have felt better without the vaccine, you can't prove it either way though."

At the level of the individual that is true but at population level the data is pretty clear!

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Having said that, I woke up yesterday with no smell or taste, I have very bad muscle aches (mainly neck & shoulders), so I think I also have the poxy virus, will know for sure when my test comes back. Also I’m itchy all over not sure if that’s a reaction to the booster I had

Having the vaccine can stop you getting it. If you've had covid and come into contact with the virus does it run away from you? No, it tries to infect you but your antibodies sort it out. Same goes for the vaccine. The antibodies the vaccine prompts your immune system to create gives you a head start against the virus."

Having the vaccine does not stop you from catching the virus, it gives your immune system an head start ready for you to catch the virus and to get natural immunity against the virus. The vaccine just reduces the severity of the virus to the individual.

"Having said that, I woke up yesterday with no smell or taste, I have very bad muscle aches (mainly neck & shoulders), so I think I also have the poxy virus, will know for sure when my test comes back. Also I’m itchy all over not sure if that’s a reaction to the booster I had

I hope you feel better soon"

Thanks. I don’t have the poxy virus and the itching is due to an allergic reaction to the booster and I can’t take antihistamines as they ‘poison’ me too

"You might have felt better without the vaccine, you can't prove it either way though.

Love to see some evidence that the vaccine makes symptoms worse. That's comedy... "

Don't think they are saying the vaccine makes the symptoms worse but if someone is unvaccinated they may well not have bad symptoms anyway, everyone has different reactions and that's well documented

Strange way of thinking - "I'm tripple-jabbed and still got really ill with COVID, so you should get the vaccine." Not exactly a convincing argument is it?

"Strange way of thinking - "I'm tripple-jabbed and still got really ill with COVID, so you should get the vaccine." Not exactly a convincing argument is it? "

Well it is, as Boris has always clearly stated "save the NHS" saving lives was and is secondary because the reality is that the vaccine can only help buy no one knows how it works in the long term.

I'm in no way a conspiracy theorist but it's a true fact that no one can know until the years have past sadly

Have you not heard of healthy people dieing because of the vaccine

By *esthetic21Man  over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

how do you know that though? Might not have been as bad you can't be certain

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

All your friends who have been vaccinated have had covid?

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

There’s no point even discussing this anymore.

Everyone is happily entrenched in their own little reality bubble.

"Had it two weeks ago felt shit like bad flu but delt with it. No jabs or buster back to normal now so don't really think any difference. Have many friends jabbed all had it and felt just as crap.

All your friends who have been vaccinated have had covid? "

Many not all, it's clear to see

By *apxxxWoman  over a year ago

North Shropshire not Wales!!!ffs & Manchester

The thing is covid is and has been a different experience for the people who've caught it.Ranging from no symptoms to death and everything in-between. I've protected myself as much as I've been advised to mainly because funnily enough the scientists know more about this than me...I'll go with them and all the studies and statistics they've done.

By *scobar67Man  over a year ago

glasgow

There's no way of telling how you would feel having covid either with the jabs or without the jabs... Everyones immune system is different.

The jab can only do so much... If it even does anything!!...

My opinion

Hampshire

Many not all, it's clear to see "

I think your comprehension is the problem. 'Many friends jabbed ALL had it'.

So they have many friends, all of them have been jabbed, and all have had covid.

Get it now?

By *empseyANDRedheadCouple  over a year ago

warwick

Having the vaccine can stop you getting it. If you've had covid and come into contact with the virus does it run away from you? No, it tries to infect you but your antibodies sort it out. Same goes for the vaccine. The antibodies the vaccine prompts your immune system to create gives you a head start against the virus."

Hear what your trying to say but..The vaccine will NOT stop you getting the virus. as you say it will help your body fight serious infection or if you have a small viral load infection it will fight it enough that you are asymptomatic. doesnt mean you havn't got it. A Hospital stay after being jabbed suggests that your infection was cought through a very large viral load. in other words you breathed in a whole load of the stuff rather than a few droplets.

[Removed by poster at 02/12/21 15:16:59]

Many not all, it's clear to see

I think your comprehension is the problem. 'Many friends jabbed ALL had it'.

So they have many friends, all of them have been jabbed, and all have had covid.

Get it now?"

Maybe you don't, anyway I'll leave you with your own definition, have a good day

By *hampagneAfterpartyCouple  over a year ago

Some of my Vaccinated friends have had Covid and been really bad for a week or more. Some unvaccinated friends felt fine and only found out because of a test. It’s completely random how different people feel the affects, vaxed or not.

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Barmouth

"There's no way of telling how you would feel having covid either with the jabs or without the jabs... Everyones immune system is different.

The jab can only do so much... If it even does anything!!...

My opinion

If you need any evidence look at the ONS website. They looked at a period of six months earlier in the year when over 52,000 died as a result of Covid. Of those 52,000 only 253 (less than 0.5%) were people who had been fully vaccinated.

"

By *tephmar123Man  over a year ago

Warrington

Has anyone else noticed that when the goverment have run out of numbers to report on the amount of infections daily that a new strain of the virus appears. My oppinion is to keep us all in check and scared.Im not a antivaxer but I wont be having any vaxcine that has miracuosly been produced and not been tested. Thats my oppinion

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Has anyone else noticed that when the goverment have run out of numbers to report on the amount of infections daily that a new strain of the virus appears. My oppinion is to keep us all in check and scared.Im not a antivaxer but I wont be having any vaxcine that has miracuosly been produced and not been tested. Thats my oppinion"

I can understand why you don't want a vaccine

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Hubby has caught it after 3 jabs but no symptoms whatsoever. We took precautionary tests because my son had visited then tested positive the following day

Hope you feel better OP

Hampshire

"Has anyone else noticed that when the goverment have run out of numbers to report on the amount of infections daily that a new strain of the virus appears. My oppinion is to keep us all in check and scared.Im not a antivaxer but I wont be having any vaxcine that has miracuosly been produced and not been tested. Thats my oppinion"

Run out of numbers?

Terra Firma

"Has anyone else noticed that when the goverment have run out of numbers to report on the amount of infections daily that a new strain of the virus appears. My oppinion is to keep us all in check and scared.Im not a antivaxer but I wont be having any vaxcine that has miracuosly been produced and not been tested. Thats my oppinion

Run out of numbers? "

I know, the b@stards can't do anything right, infinite they said

Central

Ill-infprmed opinion, rather than reality, mixed up with some conspiraciy theory for good measure? Africa concocted the new DNA data, of this new variant, let it run riot in several African countries, so that the clueless 'leaders' here could have a new strain, when they'd run out of numbers. Right.

If someone doesn't want to believe that none of the many vaccines are fully tested, through all stages, with every international approvals body ignoring the lack of testing then I'd suggest that they must think that's 1 hell of a global conspiracy theory. And they personally have chosen to ignore all of the published evidence of the vaccines results. As well as ignoring how we've managed to cut levels of serious infections and deaths, since the many vaccines have been in use. It's quite some feat to put all of that overwhelming evidence aside. But it's a choice.

By *0Something!Man  over a year ago

Shawell

lmao

scotland

Having the vaccine can stop you getting it. If you've had covid and come into contact with the virus does it run away from you? No, it tries to infect you but your antibodies sort it out. Same goes for the vaccine. The antibodies the vaccine prompts your immune system to create gives you a head start against the virus.

Hear what your trying to say but..The vaccine will NOT stop you getting the virus. as you say it will help your body fight serious infection or if you have a small viral load infection it will fight it enough that you are asymptomatic. doesnt mean you havn't got it. A Hospital stay after being jabbed suggests that your infection was cought through a very large viral load. in other words you breathed in a whole load of the stuff rather than a few droplets. "

I think that depends on your definition of stop. The way it gets used is that you will still catch covid but just have lesser symptoms.

Does the MMR vaccine stop mumps. I think most people would say it does. At least they would pre-covid

I had it pre vaccination a year ago. It was awful and I have the effects of long covid now .. breathlessness and wheeze...

By *usie pTV/TS  over a year ago

taunton

I think you would have to be fairly fricking dense to not realise the vaccine has saved many thousands of lives.

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

Out of curiosity do you think you know where you picked it up from

Have you still been masking up and distancing etc?

BRIDGEND

"Has anyone else noticed that when the goverment have run out of numbers to report on the amount of infections daily that a new strain of the virus appears. My oppinion is to keep us all in check and scared.Im not a antivaxer but I wont be having any vaxcine that has miracuosly been produced and not been tested. Thats my oppinion

I can understand why you don't want a vaccine "

I'm not worried about the effects of the virus on me as an individual

Having the vaccine won't stop me getting the virus not does it stop me passing it on to others

I also don't like signing up to something when I don't know what the long term deal is. Although, to be fair it certainly seems like it'll be a 2 jabs and then an annual booster and infinitum but there's still no official word on what that is

By *hrissie OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

I'm pretty sure I caught it from a work colleague I share an office with at work. He went and visited his dying father in hospital and was diagnosed positive the day before me.

It's been 2 weeks now and I'm still getting out of breath walking up the stairs.

Out of curiosity do you think you know where you picked it up from

Have you still been masking up and distancing etc?

"

Central

[Removed by poster at 05/12/21 22:11:12]

Central

Having the vaccine won't stop me getting the virus not does it stop me passing it on to others

I also don't like signing up to something when I don't know what the long term deal is. Although, to be fair it certainly seems like it'll be a 2 jabs and then an annual booster and infinitum but there's still no official word on what that is"

All medicines have the same research development and approvals processes. Anyone taking the stance of insisting on long-term research will not be taking any medicines ever as standard.

QAnon and sites pushing this agenda, whilst earning money from it circulating, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of additional deaths and untold disabilities and misery they create, have much to answer for.

By *atty39Man  over a year ago

Manchester

The vaccine doesn't prevent you getting covid it's a immunity vaccine mrcas that trigger your body's immune system to build antibodies to help fight the virus if you get it just the same as flu jab but no doubt yeah you'd of been much more poorly without them

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

Aye, it's quite laughable all the people who equate having only mild symptoms from a virus that only gives mild symptoms in the majority of people to somehow have been saved by a "vaccine" "

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I also don't like signing up to something when I don't know what the long term deal is. Although, to be fair it certainly seems like it'll be a 2 jabs and then an annual booster and infinitum but there's still no official word on what that is"

When travelling to some countries even in normal times you need to keep you’re shots up to date so no real problem with a yearly vaccine

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Take few more boosters, maybe you will feel better

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

that certainly fills me with confidence and assurance! A real success story of how effective these jabs are. Thank you for sharing.

dudley

No jabs

caught the original virus and the delta just waiting for the omricon to infect me. I'm putting it down to my superior manliness.

BRIDGEND

"No jabs

caught the original virus and the delta just waiting for the omricon to infect me. I'm putting it down to my superior manliness. "

It's like Pokémon

Gotta catch em all

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 06/12/21 14:08:26]

Terra Firma

"No jabs

caught the original virus and the delta just waiting for the omricon to infect me. I'm putting it down to my superior manliness. "

What are you attributing to your superior manliness?

Or on the other hand, without the vaccine they could've died.......

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

My friend was tripple jab and caught it. Was hospitalised, they was in for a week or so, everyone else on the ward was unvaccinated and had been there for months.... They were beyond grateful that they were jabbed

dudley

"No jabs

caught the original virus and the delta just waiting for the omricon to infect me. I'm putting it down to my superior manliness.

What are you attributing to your superior manliness?"

Magnetism.

Terra Firma

"No jabs

Magnetism."

If you don't mind me asking, do you take any covid precautions or are you living life as you did pre-covid?

"No jabs

Do you spread it around to other people when you catch it?

I also don't like signing up to something when I don't know what the long term deal is. Although, to be fair it certainly seems like it'll be a 2 jabs and then an annual booster and infinitum but there's still no official word on what that is

All medicines have the same research development and approvals processes. Anyone taking the stance of insisting on long-term research will not be taking any medicines ever as standard.

QAnon and sites pushing this agenda, whilst earning money from it circulating, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of additional deaths and untold disabilities and misery they create, have much to answer for. "

Unfortunately Pfizer have a criminal history that not many people know about and they have also wanted to withold the test results of the trials for 50 years before releasing the data.

By which time it may have affected many people like the ones having reactions (not all)

There are also whistleblowers stating that the data was falsified for the trials and not its clear from the report release that many people were injured or dies in the trials than what they actually stated.

So its not always cut and dry....why else do they have notices about the risks to the vaccines....but then have the governments around the world agree that they can't be held liable for anyone who is injured.....?

Not really ethical is it?

dudley

"No jabs

Magnetism.

If you don't mind me asking, do you take any covid precautions or are you living life as you did pre-covid?"

Hands face space .

dudley

"No jabs

Do you spread it around to other people when you catch it? "

The first time I caught it from someone in Jan 2020 i probably did infect others the second time I caught it I was one of thousands on that day to test positive and i isolated.

Terra Firma

"No jabs

The first time I caught it from someone in Jan 2020 i probably did infect others the second time I caught it I was one of thousands on that day to test positive and i isolated. "

How long between getting over the first infection was it to catching the Delta variant?

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I’ve just recovered …. I’ve not had a single jab and I’m 61 it was the flu with a cough … recovered after 10 days back at work … out climbing hills with the dog after 2 weeks …

"No jabs

The first time I caught it from someone in Jan 2020 i probably did infect others the second time I caught it I was one of thousands on that day to test positive and i isolated. "

Big party!

dudley

"No jabs

The first time I caught it from someone in Jan 2020 i probably did infect others the second time I caught it I was one of thousands on that day to test positive and i isolated.

How long between getting over the first infection was it to catching the Delta variant? "

15 months and the first infection was the worse.

You wouldn't say that if you had been looking at MRI results from those infected but with mild symptoms.

The vast majority of infected people show long-term lung changes. Changes to other organs are also being noted.

Glasgow

at last someone with some common sense and logic.

Glasgow

"Strange way of thinking - "I'm tripple-jabbed and still got really ill with COVID, so you should get the vaccine." Not exactly a convincing argument is it? "
it certainly doesn’t fill you with any confidence; i suppose they believe they would have been on deaths door without it and will be queuing up for boosters every few months since we are now being told that our immune system has an expiry date!

"The vaccination does not stop you getting the virus. Just enables you to get rid of it quickly and avoid serious issues.

I got it after two jabs. Was like a bad cold for me but you are right OP, If it feels bad after the Jabs, what would it have been without!!

The vaccine can stop you getting the virus. It certainly does more than Just preventing serious issues..."

The vaccine doesn't stop you getting the virus at all!!

It's there hopefully to give you enough protection in getting severe symptoms and long term problems and that's it!

By *orkiebar51Man  over a year ago

Keighley

But you lived to tell the tale

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

At the level of the individual that is true but at population level the data is pretty clear!"

How so?

» Add a new message to this topic