FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Booster

Booster

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *akie32 OP   Man  over a year ago

winchester

Now our estemed leader wants everyone to have the booster by the new year, thats over a million a day, the guy isnt all there surely, great idea, but just saying it doesnt make it happen, and i can see it being possible. And if like me youve just had covid, you cant have the booster until after that anyway. Guys on a different planet.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't know the facts about this but I believed the vaccines aren't effective for some days after the jab (maybe a couple of weeks??)

I do know that most people will be going to gatherings of one sort out o another in the next 2-3 weeks.

So what sense can there be in attempting to undertake that many vaccines in that timeframe?

Seems to me that if anything it may make things worse!

winchester

"I don't know the facts about this but I believed the vaccines aren't effective for some days after the jab (maybe a couple of weeks??)

I do know that most people will be going to gatherings of one sort out o another in the next 2-3 weeks.

So what sense can there be in attempting to undertake that many vaccines in that timeframe?

"

I agree, it will give people a faulse sence that they are safe, but i was more on about the logistics of how its even possible

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

It's nothing but a diversion tactic.

winchester

"It's nothing but a diversion tactic.

"

your probably not wrong, i watched the pm,s speach today, he looked like he had just been draged out of bed, the rest of the world must be laughing at us

"

Diversion from what?

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

I am having trouble understanding why offering shots to over 18's is such an issue? If the government refused jabs this age group people would be calling them out as short sighted. Now they've brought it forward (or are offering it), it either won't work, it's a diversion or world's laughing at us?

If there were no vaccines people would be crying out for them. If there were vaccines in other countries and the UK weren't authorising them we'd be crying out for them. Now we have them there's cohorts that don't realise how well off we are sitting compared to other countries.

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

Even if they had vaccine centres open 24hr a day,7 days a week,enough pop up premises and staff,as well as what we have already,for the next 3 weeks to do these boosters,it will be an impossible task

Bojo has no idea about the reality of logistics

Also as people have said it will give the people a false sense of security,it's not insta-immunity after the jab

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

If reasons are it's not instant immunity or the logistics are too large then this is nothing new to what is already known.

With the original jabs we were told immunity is not built up until around 3 weeks after, and as far as the logistics, setting up the initial vaccine rollout was something completely unprepared, so at least there is a blueprint.

Diversion from what?"

Have you not seen any news in the last week. Boris is against the ropes taking beating about parties and who paid to decorate number 10. Pushing the booster jab conviniant way to try a keep the heat off of him.

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Can only have jabs/booster 90 days after covid or 28 days if you are high risk category.

Had mine Friday. Had covid 1st week of November

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"I don't know the facts about this but I believed the vaccines aren't effective for some days after the jab (maybe a couple of weeks??)

"

Beyond 3 weeks for decent immune response after the booster. With a projected 1 million cases by the end of December, not sure how boosters alone will drop the infection numbers, lower NHS intake..

» Add a new message to this topic