FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Astra Oxford booster

Astra Oxford booster

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone know If I can arrange this of so how and where?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

The UK decided to not include it in the booster programme for a number of reasons firstly the efficacy rates are much lower than mRNA vaccines.

Its the main vaccine linked to bloodclots and sadly some deaths in young healthy people.

Latest data shows those people vaccinated with just astrazennca / Oxford (I have my 1st and 2nd jabs of astrazenneca) have by far the lowest protection against omicron figures of just 5 - 10%.

For these reasons the boosters are either phzier or moderna both rna model vaccines.

It's also no coincidence in my opinion that the astra vaccines make up the majority of the covax program currently (the program where rich countries donate / fund vaccines for poorer countries).

KJ

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Is there a specific reason why? We're only doing Pfizer and Moderna as boosters here in Nottingham. You could ask the GP at the vaccination centre for AZ but I don't know what the outcome would be.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

The UK decided to not include it in the booster programme for a number of reasons firstly the efficacy rates are much lower than mRNA vaccines.

Its the main vaccine linked to bloodclots and sadly some deaths in young healthy people.

Latest data shows those people vaccinated with just astrazennca / Oxford (I have my 1st and 2nd jabs of astrazenneca) have by far the lowest protection against omicron figures of just 5 - 10%.

For these reasons the boosters are either phzier or moderna both rna model vaccines.

It's also no coincidence in my opinion that the astra vaccines make up the majority of the covax program currently (the program where rich countries donate / fund vaccines for poorer countries).

KJ "

Covax program? These are donated? Do I understand correctly?

Those vaccines linked to blood clots and "some" deaths in young people are shipped off to third world countries

Jee whizz, how generous and kind

Wasnt AZ the vaccine of choice because it was to be sold at cost ?

As I understand it, az was a useful first dose but it's mechanism meant subsequent doses don't have the same oomph.

But is suspect there were also other reasons. Such as bad PR spooking (remember when many were pro AZ as the EU were first to see the risk of blood clots?)

And possibly availability. Haven't seen an AZ capacity article for yonks tho.

It's quite simple.

With the passage of time, the AZ jab has proven to be shite. Lasts a few months at best, even with two doses.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Pfizers own comments yesterday seem to suggest their vaccine was not much use after 2 shots either.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"It's quite simple.

With the passage of time, the AZ jab has proven to be shite. Lasts a few months at best, even with two doses."

oh dear....educate yourself.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

AZ maybe used in the covax program as its storage temperature is not as low as moderna or pfizer. Cheaper to manufacture too or was.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

A high number of blood clots from 2 x AZ jabs, I’m one of them. 1200 deaths in the UK alone. Funny they’re not using it and now donating to poorer countries!

scotland

"A high number of blood clots from 2 x AZ jabs, I’m one of them. 1200 deaths in the UK alone. Funny they’re not using it and now donating to poorer countries! "

1200 deaths? Source? If your source starts with a Y then find a new source...

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Wasnt AZ the vaccine of choice because it was to be sold at cost ?

As I understand it, az was a useful first dose but it's mechanism meant subsequent doses don't have the same oomph.

But is suspect there were also other reasons. Such as bad PR spooking (remember when many were pro AZ as the EU were first to see the risk of blood clots?)

And possibly availability. Haven't seen an AZ capacity article for yonks tho. "

No i think it was the reverse, Pfizer showed better efficacy after one dose, and you needed 2 doses of AZ to get near Pfizer after 2 doses, but Pfizer still gave better protection. But AZ had the advantage of distribution - eg it doesn't need to be stored at -80 C degrees. This is also why i think AZ is being used by COVAX because you don't need the same storage and distribution, which is much more difficult in low income countries without the health systems and infrastructure that we have.

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

"AZ maybe used in the covax program as its storage temperature is not as low as moderna or pfizer. Cheaper to manufacture too or was."

yes, this

"

KJ "

It is not given as a booster because, being a viral-vector vaccine, the bodY gains immunity to the virus used as a vector.

Efficacy of both Pfizer and AZ to OMIcron hovers around 75%

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

"Wasnt AZ the vaccine of choice because it was to be sold at cost ?

And possibly availability. Haven't seen an AZ capacity article for yonks tho. "

And vice-versa. I recall when the EU illegally seized some AZ from Italy because they thought it might be going to countries outside the EU

Maldon

I’ve just had a heart scan as after care process following blood clot on my lung. Nurse confirmed far more blood clot cases with 2x AZ than any other vaccine.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"I’ve just had a heart scan as after care process following blood clot on my lung. Nurse confirmed far more blood clot cases with 2x AZ than any other vaccine. "

He was asking for a source for the 1200 deaths you mentioned not your health record or what you were told by a nurse.

By *e CapCouple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

"I’ve just had a heart scan as after care process following blood clot on my lung. Nurse confirmed far more blood clot cases with 2x AZ than any other vaccine. "

How is that possible? They are like one thousand cases on the entire planet. And the other vaccines didn’t have any side effects. Reading this forums I have a feeling that all side effects on the planet are happening to Fab members.

Maldon

"I’ve just had a heart scan as after care process following blood clot on my lung. Nurse confirmed far more blood clot cases with 2x AZ than any other vaccine.

He was asking for a source for the 1200 deaths you mentioned not your health record or what you were told by a nurse. "

Oh sorry. It was a doctor that told me.

Maldon

"I’ve just had a heart scan as after care process following blood clot on my lung. Nurse confirmed far more blood clot cases with 2x AZ than any other vaccine.

How is that possible? They are like one thousand cases on the entire planet. And the other vaccines didn’t have any side effects. Reading this forums I have a feeling that all side effects on the planet are happening to Fab members. "

I know of two other people very close by , so that’s three cases within a few miles.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

He was asking for a source for the 1200 deaths you mentioned not your health record or what you were told by a nurse. "

See this figure mentioned a few times on Facebook. No other sources given on there either.

Facebook is such a reliable source of correct information.

Said no thinking person ever.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

AZ and sputnik, strange how two countries holding some of the nastiest things on the planet used the same method of vaccine delivery.

I'd back our non profit scientists over profit making American scientists. I remember taking Larium, an American drug, strange how that got removed from regular issue. Mind you, it did give amazing vivid dreams though.

"AZ and sputnik, strange how two countries holding some of the nastiest things on the planet used the same method of vaccine delivery.

I'd back our non profit scientists over profit making American scientists. I remember taking Larium, an American drug, strange how that got removed from regular issue. Mind you, it did give amazing vivid dreams though.

"

biontech (Germany) developed the vaccine i thought, in the way OU did ours.

AZ are going to start making profit soon. And paosibly sigejs up for the NFP deal as it gave them a foothold in the vaccine market. Strategic loss leader.

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

"AZ and sputnik, strange how two countries holding some of the nastiest things on the planet used the same method of vaccine delivery.

"

That sputnik is being used in numerous countries around the world a few billion ppl but no mention of it in our news. is there any data on it?

scotland

He was asking for a source for the 1200 deaths you mentioned not your health record or what you were told by a nurse.

Oh sorry. It was a doctor that told me."

A doctor told you that 1200 people had died in the uk from blood clots cause by the vaccine?! That doctor should be struck off if true.

dudley

A doctor told you that 1200 people had died in the uk from blood clots cause by the vaccine?! That doctor should be struck off if true."

A bit harsh demoted to a vaxed quack surely.

scotland

A doctor told you that 1200 people had died in the uk from blood clots cause by the vaccine?! That doctor should be struck off if true.

A bit harsh demoted to a vaxed quack surely."

Only if they know how to use (abuse?) social media and start their own youtube channel.

dudley

A bit harsh demoted to a vaxed quack surely.

Only if they know how to use (abuse?) social media and start their own youtube channel."

It's all modern day wizardry ppl cast spells, some ppl are put under the spell, some ppl cast a spell back if it is a good spell it nullifies the spell cast and so forth, writen visual or audible how can you stop it.

» Add a new message to this topic