FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Shut down football?

Shut down football?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

With the amount of games because postponed due to not having enough players due to covid… should they just shut it down for let’s say 2-3 weeks for the sake of integrity

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *IG G77Man  over a year ago

GATLEY

No just give youth a chance to shine in the first teams

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

No they should just get on with it and play it. No way do they have 23+ players out with covid they should be able to field a match squad even if it isn't the usual players.

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS  over a year ago

Newquay

"With the amount of games because postponed due to not having enough players due to covid… should they just shut it down for let’s say 2-3 weeks for the sake of integrity

"

Absolutely - it's playing havoc with my fantasy football planning!

By *inky_slut_kellyTV/TS  over a year ago

BLANFORD POOLE BMTH

seems to be 100s woldwide , dying or having seizures on the pitch ..maybe thats a better reason for stopping matches

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Shut it down until after the January transfer window so Newcastle have time to buy the players required to stay up

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"seems to be 100s woldwide , dying or having seizures on the pitch ..maybe thats a better reason for stopping matches "

100s?

Newquay

"seems to be 100s woldwide , dying or having seizures on the pitch ..maybe thats a better reason for stopping matches

100s? "

100's - Really, link to this info please

Better still shut down the whole professional football thing altogether. Revert it back to a proper sport for anyone to play instead of the current overpaid, overpriced crap it is now with a bunch on self obsessed nobs thinking they are gods gift to the world and demanding tens of thousands for running up and down a field for an hour and a half when there are people who can't afford to have heating on and feed their kids!

We live in a sick society.

By *inky_slut_kellyTV/TS  over a year ago

BLANFORD POOLE BMTH

"seems to be 100s woldwide , dying or having seizures on the pitch ..maybe thats a better reason for stopping matches

100s?

100's - Really, link to this info please"

link sent via pm

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

The bigger clubs want to call it off, just to be able to field full strength sides. My club AFC Wimbledon operate in the capital of highest infection rates yet can field sides, yet bigger sides are either lacking adequate covid discipline or are using the virus as a way of getting 1st teamers fit to improve their chances of winning. The EFL won't have the balls to call out this tactic and award matches or force the clubs to play fringe players.

I'd be fairly happy with football being shut down permanently - boring game.

Newquay

100s?

link sent via pm"

Thanks but that's hardly a peer reviewed/ credible article!

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"With the amount of games because postponed due to not having enough players due to covid… should they just shut it down for let’s say 2-3 weeks for the sake of integrity

"

Well... Maybe shut it down to stop the spread in the crowds for a few weeks... But from a squads point of view... They have 25 players in a squad don't they? So if they can get a team out... Play on with whatever players are fit.

Tin town

"Shut it down until after the January transfer window so Newcastle have time to buy the players required to stay up "

Not sure they'll get lewandoski Messi mbappe neymar to Newcastle though.

100s?

link sent via pm

Thanks but that's hardly a peer reviewed/ credible article!"

I can guess what the link is. Doctors for something ?

Apparently that list isn't actually footballers, but across a range of sports, and a range of ages. Oh, and includes deaths before vaccines.

(Which may not have been what the poster was getting at TBF).

There's a possibility that covid may be fucking up with people's lungs and hearts and that you see this more keenly in sports people who are at the limits.

(Which may have been their point)

By *lofeldMan  over a year ago

Redhill

No, keep playing. While clubs can field teams then keep going.

"Shut it down until after the January transfer window so Newcastle have time to buy the players required to stay up

Not sure they'll get lewandoski Messi mbappe neymar to Newcastle though. "

We need defenders not attacking players anyway so they can stay put…. For now

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Nope Arsenal are on a roll.

"Better still shut down the whole professional football thing altogether. Revert it back to a proper sport for anyone to play instead of the current overpaid, overpriced crap it is now with a bunch on self obsessed nobs thinking they are gods gift to the world and demanding tens of thousands for running up and down a field for an hour and a half when there are people who can't afford to have heating on and feed their kids!

We live in a sick society. "

. Indeed we do. One where some people are so sick they want to shut down anything that is succcessful, creates, thousands of jobs, contributes vast amounts of taxation revenue so that the government can pay out income support, run the nhs etc etc.Funny old world.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"I'd be fairly happy with football being shut down permanently - boring game."

By *perfectpair5050Couple  over a year ago

marlbourgh

"seems to be 100s woldwide , dying or having seizures on the pitch ..maybe thats a better reason for stopping matches "
. 100s I don’t think so

By *el3491Man  over a year ago

Gwent.

Well said completely aggree with you..

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

Dont think a shut down will do much good. I would imagine the majority of cases with footballers were from community transmission rather than footballer to footballer. So stopping football for two weeks will not solve much.

I wouldn’t notice if it was shut permenantly

Well it let the other players were they stand in the club

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

Dont watch it then simple solution.

"

Integrity... where money talks.. do me a favour.

No integrity in football at all

Integrity... where money talks.. do me a favour.

No integrity in football at all"

And i used to play it play in Championship (highest i got)

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

With the way this new variant spreads it may not be a bad idea to shut all of football down for 3 weeks.

"Shut it down until after the January transfer window so Newcastle have time to buy the players required to stay up "

if they were allowed to play Man united every week they could get into Europe for next year ....lmfao

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"No just give youth a chance to shine in the first teams "

This.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Not in any way related to Covid (or vaccines) though.

"

Carry on playing. Clubs earn enough and have big enough squads.

Go back to empty stadiums

"Shut it down until after the January transfer window so Newcastle have time to buy the players required to stay up

if they were allowed to play Man united every week they could get into Europe for next year ....lmfao"

If we play like that every week, get some reinforcements and get our best players fit we should be just about ok.

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

We need defenders not attacking players anyway so they can stay put…. For now "

You can have Liam Cooper from us, will drive him there myself

You can have Liam Cooper from us, will drive him there myself "

If you throw in Kalvin Phillips as well

Leeds

If you throw in Kalvin Phillips as well "

You’ve more chance of getting Phillips than I have of eating your wife’s stunning arse.

Think Phillips might be Liverpool bound in 2022 !

You’ve more chance of getting Phillips than I have of eating your wife’s stunning arse.

Think Phillips might be Liverpool bound in 2022 ! "

I agree. I think in 2-3 years it might be possible but due to our current position the only thing we have to offer is money. It’s a shame because he’s exactly the type of player we need but at the minute it’s a sideways/backwards step for him.

Leeds

I agree. I think in 2-3 years it might be possible but due to our current position the only thing we have to offer is money. It’s a shame because he’s exactly the type of player we need but at the minute it’s a sideways/backwards step for him."

You need some players that will die for the cause right now, the last thing you need is a trip to the championship, money or no money !

I think you should be ok you just need Norwich and Burnley and Watford to keep losing !

"Better still shut down the whole professional football thing altogether. Revert it back to a proper sport for anyone to play instead of the current overpaid, overpriced crap it is now with a bunch on self obsessed nobs thinking they are gods gift to the world and demanding tens of thousands for running up and down a field for an hour and a half when there are people who can't afford to have heating on and feed their kids!

If only that was all they did. Dry up

We live in a sick society. . Indeed we do. One where some people are so sick they want to shut down anything that is succcessful, creates, thousands of jobs, contributes vast amounts of taxation revenue so that the government can pay out income support, run the nhs etc etc.Funny old world. "

Not to mention the grassroots sport opportunities football provides and the vast amount of charity. I believe football and the Freemason are up top for most charitable entities in the UK. Funny how people who want more done for charitable causes hate the things that generate the most

If only that was all they did. Dry up "

professional footballer by any chance?

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

2-3 years sounds good to me.

I agree. I think in 2-3 years it might be possible but due to our current position the only thing we have to offer is money. It’s a shame because he’s exactly the type of player we need but at the minute it’s a sideways/backwards step for him.

You need some players that will die for the cause right now, the last thing you need is a trip to the championship, money or no money !

I think you should be ok you just need Norwich and Burnley and Watford to keep losing !"

If reports are true then it looks like we’re getting Trippier which is one hell of an upgrade on our current fullbacks. We desperately need a centre back and depending on how bad Callum Wilsons injury is we will need a striker. I thought we needed a CM took but Joelinton and Shelvey have really upped their game since Eddie Howe came in

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"I'd be fairly happy with football being shut down permanently - boring game.

"

I won't disagree with it being a boring game, I wouldn't want it shut down because it keeps loads of people well out of my way.

Make it work

North Bucks

"Nope Arsenal are on a roll. "

Now that Arteta has tested positive. I would like to revise my opinion and say let’s have a break

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

Just shut it down completely.

Football is a complete waste of time anyway...

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"

The words ‘football’ and ‘integrity’ parted company a long long time ago.

As others have said top clubs are quite capable of putting a team out, it just won’t be the one they want too.

By *ngel696969Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

Think it's this woke brigade that's sick not general society

Newquay

"As others have said top clubs are quite capable of putting a team out, it just won’t be the one they want too. "

Absolutely - & the same managers will probably be the first to moan when they have to play 3 games in 5 days later in the season!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

100s?

link sent via pm

Thanks but that's hardly a peer reviewed/ credible article!"

There have been a lot of repeated postings of unsupported claptrap every week, of scare stories, so it's perhaps yet another one

By *havenbabe01Couple  over a year ago

bedfordshire

probably wont happen as they want to finish the season early as to accomodate the world cup end of the next year instead of the summer

MONEY !!!!!

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"probably wont happen as they want to finish the season early as to accomodate the world cup end of the next year instead of the summer

MONEY !!!!!"

They can't extend the season, as the planned Nations Cup at the end of the season, is way more important.

Broadcasting is running football even more than ever, and it stinks!

Bexley

100s?

link sent via pm

There have been a lot of repeated postings of unsupported claptrap every week, of scare stories, so it's perhaps yet another one"

Anecdotal evidence points to the theory that the vaccine doses may sometimes contain 5G microchips.

It is theoretically possible that too many of the microscopic devices in a badly mixed dose, particularly among thrice jabbed recipients, could cause thickening of the blood with inevitable adverse effect.

Footballers are more likely to suffer because their blood has to work harder.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"

Just cut the isolation time until they no longer show as positive .

They bring the money to the game and rightly demand what they can get.

Hate the game not the players……

Oh and many of those ‘self obsessed nobs’ do more than there fair share for charity and the local areas so I really do think you should do your homework before jumping to conclusions

100s?

link sent via pm

There have been a lot of repeated postings of unsupported claptrap every week, of scare stories, so it's perhaps yet another one

Anecdotal evidence points to the theory that the vaccine doses may sometimes contain 5G microchips.

It is theoretically possible that too many of the microscopic devices in a badly mixed dose, particularly among thrice jabbed recipients, could cause thickening of the blood with inevitable adverse effect.

Footballers are more likely to suffer because their blood has to work harder."

5G microchips in vaccine.. do me a favour.

Bexley

100s?

link sent via pm

Footballers are more likely to suffer because their blood has to work harder.

5G microchips in vaccine.. do me a favour. "

I thought I was doing everyone a favour by repeating what I have read elswhere.

Maybe the chips in the vaccine are causing the swelling in my cheek.

Oh, hang on. It's my tongue!

By *adysueandneroCouple  over a year ago

witney

If you shut down Pro football charities would loose millions of pounds that comes from clubs and the FA. Also players themselves give money to charities and do work for communities. I believe the England football team donate their match fees to charity too.

Tin town

If you shut down Pro football charities would loose millions of pounds that comes from clubs and the FA. Also players themselves give money to charities and do work for communities. I believe the England football team donate their match fees to charity too. "

If people want to "shut it down" it's within their gift. Just stop buying merchandise, matchday tickets and TV fees and go and support your local non league team.

Some of the money in the game is truly obscene but that's a different discussion entirely than taking a pause because of covid infections.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Spot on . Can’t think of anything more dull than watching 22 self obsessed and illiterate millionaires chase around a bag of wind. Cap players wages at min wage, it’s more than they are worth.

100s?

link sent via pm

Footballers are more likely to suffer because their blood has to work harder."

I have an idea... See if you can read your post back out loud without laughing?

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Spot on . Can’t think of anything more dull than watching 22 self obsessed and illiterate millionaires chase around a bag of wind. Cap players wages at min wage, it’s more than they are worth."

Clearly don't understand the effort required to be a reach world class athlete level never mind maintaining it.

Spot on . Can’t think of anything more dull than watching 22 self obsessed and illiterate millionaires chase around a bag of wind. Cap players wages at min wage, it’s more than they are worth.Clearly don't understand the effort required to be a reach world class athlete level never mind maintaining it. "

By *xymcsexingtonWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

They need the money apparently

Aye right greed mongers

Spot on . Can’t think of anything more dull than watching 22 self obsessed and illiterate millionaires chase around a bag of wind. Cap players wages at min wage, it’s more than they are worth.Clearly don't understand the effort required to be a reach world class athlete level never mind maintaining it.

"

Try looking beyond the championship and you'll see most of the players are far from being millionaires.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

The World Darts Championship is currently running and six players have tested positive (4 Dutch, 1 Belgian, 1 English). 3 tested positive after they had lost, 3 before playing their next match so they pulled out.

It’s seriously affected the tournament and has potentially made a difference to the eventual winner particularly with Michael Van Gerwen withdrawing from the third round.

I do wonder if there are figures for crowds infection rates at large events, football being outside may be less infections than say the darts which is inside. (Ally Pally)

witney

Why stop at football. Let's shut down all sports.

teleford

Spot on . Can’t think of anything more dull than watching 22 self obsessed and illiterate millionaires chase around a bag of wind. Cap players wages at min wage, it’s more than they are worth.

Clearly don't understand the effort required to be a reach world class athlete level never mind maintaining it. "

Plenty of people put in far more effort during the working lives for 100th of a prem league players wage. There are many professionals sports people who train as hard if not far harder and they earn a fraction of a footballers income. The world is on its head.

teleford

Spot on . Can’t think of anything more dull than watching 22 self obsessed and illiterate millionaires chase around a bag of wind. Cap players wages at min wage, it’s more than they are worth.Clearly don't understand the effort required to be a reach world class athlete level never mind maintaining it.

Try looking beyond the championship and you'll see most of the players are far from being millionaires. "

Take the money away and most footballers would still play simply for their love of, many aren’t bright enough to be employable in any other role.

Clearly don't understand the effort required to be a reach world class athlete level never mind maintaining it. .

Plenty of people put in far more effort during the working lives for 100th of a prem league players wage. There are many professionals sports people who train as hard if not far harder and they earn a fraction of a footballers income. The world is on its head. "

the point that is missing is that its an entertainment business; wether or not you subscribe isn't the issue. The cream gets the best PayPal. This is replicated in life too. Best doctors work in fields that GPs can only dream of in a financial sense, yet they are well rewarded in a fiscal measure. Likewise lower down the chain of rewarding the perceived lowly unskilled jobs, there's always a better rewarded member of the team.

It's about following the money, first last and always.

witney

Pro footballers probably do more for charities and their communities than any of the keyboard warriors that have posted on here.

As usual a lot of self opinionated dorks that have no idea what they are talking about.

teleford

Clearly don't understand the effort required to be a reach world class athlete level never mind maintaining it. .

Plenty of people put in far more effort during the working lives for 100th of a prem league players wage. There are many professionals sports people who train as hard if not far harder and they earn a fraction of a footballers income. The world is on its head. the point that is missing is that its an entertainment business; wether or not you subscribe isn't the issue. The cream gets the best PayPal. This is replicated in life too. Best doctors work in fields that GPs can only dream of in a financial sense, yet they are well rewarded in a fiscal measure. Likewise lower down the chain of rewarding the perceived lowly unskilled jobs, there's always a better rewarded member of the team.

It's about following the money, first last and always. "

Most of the time football is about as entertaining as watching paint dry...

"Pro footballers probably do more for charities and their communities than any of the keyboard warriors that have posted on here.

As usual a lot of self opinionated dorks that have no idea what they are talking about."

absolutely. Marcus Rashford got 21 million meals made that wouldn't have. Then there's DLAG, Dons local action Group the Wimbledon charity that players actively support their community's less fortunate people. And practically every club has tales like my club.

Grantham

Plenty of people put in far more effort during the working lives for 100th of a prem league players wage. There are many professionals sports people who train as hard if not far harder and they earn a fraction of a footballers income. The world is on its head. the point that is missing is that its an entertainment business; wether or not you subscribe isn't the issue. The cream gets the best PayPal. This is replicated in life too. Best doctors work in fields that GPs can only dream of in a financial sense, yet they are well rewarded in a fiscal measure. Likewise lower down the chain of rewarding the perceived lowly unskilled jobs, there's always a better rewarded member of the team.

Most of the time football is about as entertaining as watching paint dry... "

Which team do you go and watch?

Tin town

"The World Darts Championship is currently running and six players have tested positive (4 Dutch, 1 Belgian, 1 English). 3 tested positive after they had lost, 3 before playing their next match so they pulled out.

It’s seriously affected the tournament and has potentially made a difference to the eventual winner particularly with Michael Van Gerwen withdrawing from the third round.

I do wonder if there are figures for crowds infection rates at large events, football being outside may be less infections than say the darts which is inside. (Ally Pally)"

Exactly... Isn't the infection rate now something like 1 in 20.?

Put 10000 people in a room... Thats 500 infected people in there spreading it around...

Teesside

Plenty of people put in far more effort during the working lives for 100th of a prem league players wage. There are many professionals sports people who train as hard if not far harder and they earn a fraction of a footballers income. The world is on its head. "

If it's so easy, why aren't they doing the pro footballers job too?

Spoken like someone who has never had an athletic bone in their body and has no idea of the training and sacrifice required to be top level in any sport.

Maybe some athletes aren't earning what they deserve but unfortunately that's supply and demand in action.

witney

So if you were offered 100 grand a week to play football you would turn it down?

witney

Judging by the attendance at games and the viewing figures on TV as well how many watched the euros in the summer. And don't forget the ladies and all the thousands of people of all ages that participate every week. You appear to be an insignificant minority.

witney

"Just shut it down completely.

Football is a complete waste of time anyway...

"

We're you rejected as no being good enough?

witney

Spot on . Can’t think of anything more dull than watching 22 self obsessed and illiterate millionaires chase around a bag of wind. Cap players wages at min wage, it’s more than they are worth."

We're you rejected as not good enough?

witney

You could say the same about the bosses of banks and big companies that get paid obscene amounts of money for part time work and cutting thousands of jobs in the name of efficiency.

witney

Most of the time football is about as entertaining as watching paint dry... "

You're easily entertained.

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

what a load of rubbish!!!!!!!!!!

Shut it down for good!!!

Bexley

"...

So if you were offered 100 grand a week to play football you would turn it down?"

Nothing would ever get me to play football (or any other sport). Besides, no team would employ me.

If a kid kicks a ball on the beach or in a park and it (the ball) rolls right up to me, it (the kid) can come and fetch it back. I won't be kicking it back in a spirit of faux cameraderie.

I have come to realise that I am spautistic and perfectly happy with that.

teleford

Which team do you go and watch? "

I can find far better ways to spend my time and money!

teleford

Plenty of people put in far more effort during the working lives for 100th of a prem league players wage. There are many professionals sports people who train as hard if not far harder and they earn a fraction of a footballers income. The world is on its head.

You could say the same about the bosses of banks and big companies that get paid obscene amounts of money for part time work and cutting thousands of jobs in the name of efficiency."

I could and I do

Grantham

I can find far better ways to spend my time and money!"

But you feel qualified to pass an opinion on a sport, that millions around the world make the time, money and effort to go and support?

By *ittlechick77Couple  over a year ago

Staines

unfortunately maybe beyond help this year

Staines

100s?

100's - Really, link to this info please"

it's not the first time I have heard people linking covid to footballers dying on pitch or collapsing. I haven't heard of any significant increase in this and certainly not 100s

"Shut it down until after the January transfer window so Newcastle have time to buy the players required to stay up unfortunately maybe beyond help this year"

We’re 2 points from safety with half a season left to go. We’re not dead and buried yet

Staines

Playing should carrier on as clubs have sufficient money to test and control daily and have sufficient players.

Restrictions should be put in place for crowds as an example 33%capacity giving sufficient social distancing. Also control ergress and access staggering entry and exit from stadium avoiding crowds converging

Tin town

But you feel qualified to pass an opinion on a sport, that millions around the world make the time, money and effort to go and support? "

If people had to be qualified to post an opinion most threads would remain pretty low on content.

witney

I can find far better ways to spend my time and money!"

do you think anyone is going to miss you?

Bexley

"

do you think anyone is going to miss you?"

Probably not in his case or mine but at least those who do watch are keeping well out of my sphere of activity all the time they are watching football!

witney

"

Probably not in his case or mine but at least those who do watch are keeping well out of my sphere of activity all the time they are watching football!"

Everyones a winner.

Teesside

"

Probably not in his case or mine but at least those who do watch are keeping well out of my sphere of activity all the time they are watching football!"

I don't even watch or like football, I do however respect the drive to become elite at anything.

North Bucks

Man Utd will be calling for a break shortly

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"Man Utd will be calling for a break shortly "

Cr7 is that old it could kill him..

» Add a new message to this topic