FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > No Covid Crisis in India

No Covid Crisis in India

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ucianpound OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

A friend has just come back from 3 weeks trekking in Nepal.

He says there's little Covid there, or in India.

Check out the Stats (Worldometer)

He says that because there's no NHS the virus has come, done its worse and gone...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"A friend has just come back from 3 weeks trekking in Nepal.

He says that because there's no NHS the virus has come, done its worse and gone..."

So who sends them text messages telling them to get jabbed?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He says that because there's no NHS the virus has come, done its worse and gone..."

there is also very little testing and zero testing in many rural areas so how does your friend know it has come and gone?

By *ichiesuperstarMan  over a year ago

Penzance

Very few deaths per 100,000, extremely low vaccination rates and almost double the population density of the UK... Interesting

Yet the news articles are suggesting it's about to start seeing lockdown type actions ...

Are they lagging with omicron ?

By *ucianpound OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

"Yet the news articles are suggesting it's about to start seeing lockdown type actions ...

Are they lagging with omicron ?"

Perhaps, they have low vaccination rates, low testing but he thinks they have "heard immunity'

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

How would he know that there was "little Covid" in India?

Who would have the national infection statistics for Nepal and India whom he met on his trek?

I am in the very fortunate situation of not knowing anyone who has died of Covid. A couple who were seriously ill in hospital. A few that were ill at home. Some positive but without symptoms.

That does not tell me anything about what is happening nationally.

Covid's worst could have been killing over 2 million people and leaving tens of millions with long-term consequences.

The long-term illness will not go.

61% of the Indian population has been vaccinated, and 42% twice. Inadequate, but pretty high considering the size of population.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

We're currently in Tenerife. According to local media, case numbers on the island and across the Canaries are increasing massively. However, all seems absolutely fine here in this lovely hotel and in the little port town we're based in. Apart from mask wearing and some extra signage, seems perfectly normal. If we didn't know otherwise, we might conclude that there's no issue.

We can't see the situation in local hospitals, nor in the bigger urban areas. We're not aware of whether staff are having to isolate in local businesses etc.

Getting "an impression" by staying briefly in a small part of a fecking huge country is meaningless, let's face it. We're on an island with a population lower than the city we're from in the UK and our "impression" is not representative of reality.

By *unnyman84Man  over a year ago

maidstone

"We're currently in Tenerife. According to local media, case numbers on the island and across the Canaries are increasing massively. However, all seems absolutely fine here in this lovely hotel and in the little port town we're based in. Apart from mask wearing and some extra signage, seems perfectly normal. If we didn't know otherwise, we might conclude that there's no issue.

We can't see the situation in local hospitals, nor in the bigger urban areas. We're not aware of whether staff are having to isolate in local businesses etc.

Getting "an impression" by staying briefly in a small part of a fecking huge country is meaningless, let's face it. We're on an island with a population lower than the city we're from in the UK and our "impression" is not representative of reality. "

On a flight now lol

No tin hat the jabs are not good news x

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I am in contact with India regularly with my work. It’s a huge country. They have 7pm curfews and shops close at 4pm every day due to covid. There’s hardly anyone who hasn’t lost a relative to covid in India.

There’s low uptake of the vaccinations and testing.

By *wistedTooCouple  over a year ago

Frimley

He’s probably an idiot

By *aiseiMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

The Indian folks I’ve remotely worked with for the past eight months tell a different story.

Your friends an idiot

Nepal has a moderate amount in Kathmandu everywhere else that rarely mixes is fine till someone visits.

India is rampant I have India work colleagues a in most provinces and its been dire. Just little reporting

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I remember seeing a few months ago that India ran out of wood as there were so many cremations and bodies were just being thrown in the rivers.

"I remember seeing a few months ago that India ran out of wood as there were so many cremations and bodies were just being thrown in the rivers."

thats just an inconvinient fact, to quote some on here, just doesnt fit with the narrative of everything is fine.

Please stick to quoting from 'memes', bobs, sisters, ex boyfriends brothers 'twatter' feed and facepalm

"I remember seeing a few months ago that India ran out of wood as there were so many cremations and bodies were just being thrown in the rivers.

thats just an inconvinient fact, to quote some on here, just doesnt fit with the narrative of everything is fine.

Please stick to quoting from 'memes', bobs, sisters, ex boyfriends brothers 'twatter' feed and facepalm"

Sounds more convincing than anti vaxxers storming a testing centre "demanding tests as a few of their mates were taken to ICU."

By *estriancdtopTV/TS  over a year ago

chester

"I am in contact with India regularly with my work. It’s a huge country. They have 7pm curfews and shops close at 4pm every day due to covid. There’s hardly anyone who hasn’t lost a relative to covid in India.

There’s low uptake of the vaccinations and testing.

"

That probably due to size of people’s families world wide we talking about less than 2% death rate across all systems developed enough to record the data

"Very few deaths per 100,000, extremely low vaccination rates and almost double the population density of the UK... Interesting"

9,195New Cases in last 24hrs

34,808,886 cumulative Cases

480,592 cumulative Deaths

Very poor disease reporting.

Deaths under-reported by as much as 50% in many regions.

Deaths estimated to be between 3.4 - 4.7 million in real terms.

Covid still ongoing with new infections estimated as several hundred thousand per day.

Govt not really interested. Like the UK, every death a bonus.

21st century eugenics

By *uckfunCouple  over a year ago

North Coast

"My original post was just based on the view of a friend returning in the last fortnight from 3 weeks in Nepal and a week in India.

He didn’t have access to all this data, his viewpoint was just based on what he saw and heard."

, I’ve just spent 3 days in Belfast and didnt see anyone die of covid or hear of anyone having Covid, does that mean that Based on your comment I can make the following assumption that there is no covid or covid deaths in Northern Ireland?

West London

"I remember seeing a few months ago that India ran out of wood as there were so many cremations and bodies were just being thrown in the rivers.

Please stick to quoting from 'memes', bobs, sisters, ex boyfriends brothers 'twatter' feed and facepalm

Sounds more convincing than anti vaxxers storming a testing centre "demanding tests as a few of their mates were taken to ICU.""

You're saying that this did not happen but you are certain that there are barely any Covid infections or deaths in India?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/anti-vax-protest-milton-keynes-corbyn-b1984158.html

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

it’s the testing infrastructure that we have in the west that fuels the pandemic - all this costs money which they don’t have in countries like India. If we stopped PCR testing, then this so called pandemic would be over in a week and we could all get on with our lives.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

He says that because there's no NHS the virus has come, done its worse and gone...it’s the testing infrastructure that we have in the west that fuels the pandemic - all this costs money which they don’t have in countries like India. If we stopped PCR testing, then this so called pandemic would be over in a week and we could all get on with our lives. "

Genius... if we ignore the virus, it will go somewhere else. It's obviously only attention seeking.

im extremely chilled, but thanks for your concern

Sounds more convincing than anti vaxxers storming a testing centre "demanding tests as a few of their mates were taken to ICU."

You're saying that this did not happen but you are certain that there are barely any Covid infections or deaths in India?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/anti-vax-protest-milton-keynes-corbyn-b1984158.html"

Where did I say in my post I am certain there are barely any Covid infections or deaths in India??

What I did say was running out of wood for cremations sounds more convincing than anti-vaxxers storming a test centre demanding tests as a few of their mates were taken to ICU.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/anti-vax-protest-milton-keynes-corbyn-b1984158.html

Where did I say in my post I am certain there are barely any Covid infections or deaths in India??

What I did say was running out of wood for cremations sounds more convincing than anti-vaxxers storming a test centre demanding tests as a few of their mates were taken to ICU."

Maybe it was my fault, I thought any right minded person would realise I was being facetious making the 'anti-vaxxers storming a test centre demanding tests as a few of their mates were taken to ICU' next time i will make sure there is a disclimer in place so as not to confuse the easily confused

What I did say was running out of wood for cremations sounds more convincing than anti-vaxxers storming a test centre demanding tests as a few of their mates were taken to ICU."

And yes, I am saying anti vaxxers stormed a testing station demanding tests as a few of their mates were taken to ICU didn't happen because someone on the forum has admitted they posted that as a joke on another thread.

Read the whole sentence instead of cherry picking the bit that suits your narrative.

West London

What I did say was running out of wood for cremations sounds more convincing than anti-vaxxers storming a test centre demanding tests as a few of their mates were taken to ICU.

And yes, I am saying anti vaxxers stormed a testing station demanding tests as a few of their mates were taken to ICU didn't happen because someone on the forum has admitted they posted that as a joke on another thread.

Read the whole sentence instead of cherry picking the bit that suits your narrative."

That is, without a doubt, the most confused insult I have read in some time.

Like the rest of your posts.

Anti-vaxers did storm a test centre. The rest was a joke.

There is no statistics on wood in India earlier this year but there was some information made available on the scale of deaths and creations. Perhaps you missed it? Perhaps it was a lie?

https://graphics.reuters.com/HEALTH-INDIA/CORONAVIRUS-DEATHS/qzjvqrqaqpx/

Tin town

"Very few deaths per 100,000, extremely low vaccination rates and almost double the population density of the UK... Interesting

9,195New Cases in last 24hrs

34,808,886 cumulative Cases

480,592 cumulative Deaths

Very poor disease reporting.

Deaths under-reported by as much as 50% in many regions.

Deaths estimated to be between 3.4 - 4.7 million in real terms.

Covid still ongoing with new infections estimated as several hundred thousand per day.

Govt not really interested. Like the UK, every death a bonus.

21st century eugenics"

Oh the irony... India provides reporting technology and resources to gather data and report on it, to build and publish content for many of the west's largest companies data marts ... Yet struggles to do so for its own needs.

By *herryEatersCouple  over a year ago

East Cheshire

"My original post was just based on the view of a friend returning in the last fortnight from 3 weeks in Nepal and a week in India.

He didn’t have access to all this data, his viewpoint was just based on what he saw and heard."

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"Very few deaths per 100,000, extremely low vaccination rates and almost double the population density of the UK... Interesting"

There is a link to our diabetes crisis in the UK ok which work with with covid you don't get many fat Indians.

Read the whole sentence instead of cherry picking the bit that suits your narrative.

There is no statistics on wood in India earlier this year but there was some information made available on the scale of deaths and creations. Perhaps you missed it? Perhaps it was a lie?

https://graphics.reuters.com/HEALTH-INDIA/CORONAVIRUS-DEATHS/qzjvqrqaqpx/"

No, you are the one who is confused, and are now taking what I said out of context by splitting a sentence in two in an attempt to dig yourself out of a hole.

If you read what I put, you'll see I quoted what the poster had written in another thread using quotation marks.

This doesn't mean I am saying that the event the quoted text is referring to never happened.

I know you want to believe that it does. But it simply isn't the case.

The same applies to the deaths in India. I haven't claimed the scale of deaths were a lie as you are insinuating in your question.

Forcing your point across by insinuating something that never happened is not very clever.

West London

No, you are the one who is confused, and are now taking what I said out of context by splitting a sentence in two in an attempt to dig yourself out of a hole.

If you read what I put, you'll see I quoted what the poster had written in another thread using quotation marks.

This doesn't mean I am saying that the event the quoted text is referring to never happened.

The same applies to the deaths in India. I haven't claimed the scale of deaths were a lie as you are insinuating in your question.

Forcing your point across by insinuating something that never happened is not very clever."

Yawn.

Nothing "forced" was there?

What point are you actually making on this thread?

Forcing your point across by insinuating something that never happened is not very clever.

Yawn.

What point are you actually making on this thread?"

Yawn indeed.

Questions... always questions.

West London

Yawn.

Yawn indeed.

Questions... always questions."

..but never any answer from you.

You don't know why you posted on a thread about Corona virus rates in India and Nepal then?

Yawn.

Yawn indeed.

You don't know why you posted on a thread about Corona virus rates in India and Nepal then? "

Scroll up. You will see my post was a reply to another post in this thread. That post was about a wood shortage.

But you already knew that and was why you posed another question designed to deflect from the fact you are looking increasingly foolish.

You also know that I made no reference to the thread title that there is no Covid crisis in India.

You also know that I didn't agree with the OP's opening post.

You can't help it can you.

North West

"Very few deaths per 100,000, extremely low vaccination rates and almost double the population density of the UK... Interesting

There is a link to our diabetes crisis in the UK ok which work with with covid you don't get many fat Indians. "

Diabetes is actually highly prevalent in South East Asian ethnic groups and is a factor in high COVID mortality and other morbidity in India during the pandemic.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

In comparison:

China's Covid crisis . . .

Total Cases: 101,890

New Cases: +207

Total Deaths: 4,636

Population: 1,439,323,776

Yea Right! If something doesn't look right - it usually isn't.

North West

"In comparison:

Yea Right! If something doesn't look right - it usually isn't. "

My Chinese students agree that the official data released by China does not correlate with their lived experiences during the pandemic...

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"In comparison:

I know this will cause some to (and normally I steer clear of this approach) but I know someone who lives in Wuhan. China are definitely lying about their numbers. Wuhan alone had more than 4k deaths. He was only able to talk about that once outside of China (ie not over the phone, internet etc)

West London

"In comparison:

Quite.

All info on deaths and cases given by corrupt governments with own agendas. Downing St parties with no distancing when everyone else had to stay indoors. Seems they're not that worried about it, probably coz they know it's all a blag. Been tricked people. Sorry to say it but true.

West London

Yawn.

Yawn indeed.

You don't know why you posted on a thread about Corona virus rates in India and Nepal then?

Scroll up. You will see my post was a reply to another post in this thread. That post was about a wood shortage.

But you already knew that and was why you posed another question designed to deflect from the fact you are looking increasingly foolish.

You also know that I made no reference to the thread title that there is no Covid crisis in India.

You can't help it can you."

Actually, if you read through the link you would see that there was a lack of wood and very high prices due to the demand for burning bodies.

No deflection from any facts.

Quite. You made no reference to the actual OP, you contribution was to query something irrelevant.

You carry on sharing your well researched and informed opinions though. They are really helpful.

West London

"All info on deaths and cases given by corrupt governments with own agendas. Downing St parties with no distancing when everyone else had to stay indoors. Seems they're not that worried about it, probably coz they know it's all a blag. Been tricked people. Sorry to say it but true.

"

Who told you what was "true" or do you just "know"?

Only possible to verify any data by personally counting dead bodies yourself then?

Do more or less people die of cancer than the official government data? What about road traffic accidents? What about slipping in the bath?

Every government and every medical organisation and medical practitioner is involved in a conspiracy?

Thinking sideways, I googled number of influenza deaths in India and got the official figures from the India government website.

In 2019 they had had a culumative total of 1218 people die of influenza.

England and Wales in the same year had 1223.

Which suggests to me that comparing the 2 countries and putting it solely down to vaccinations or not is not reliable. It suggests either there's differences in reporting deaths or differences in disease susceptibility as a baseline

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"All info on deaths and cases given by corrupt governments with own agendas. Downing St parties with no distancing when everyone else had to stay indoors. Seems they're not that worried about it, probably coz they know it's all a blag. Been tricked people. Sorry to say it but true.

"

'It's all a blag'

Covid isn't real?

'You've been tricked'

I think we've likely been conned out of £millions by UK government contracts. But having all GPs who certify deaths etc, that feed into ONS data, is highly unlikely.

North West

"Thinking sideways, I googled number of influenza deaths in India and got the official figures from the India government website.

In 2019 they had had a culumative total of 1218 people die of influenza.

England and Wales in the same year had 1223.

Which suggests to me that comparing the 2 countries and putting it solely down to vaccinations or not is not reliable. It suggests either there's differences in reporting deaths or differences in disease susceptibility as a baseline "

India is a country where many people don't have a proper record of their birth. The system for registering deaths appears similarly questionable, especially in the very rural areas.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

So, countries where women are dying because they are having state pushed sterilisations to curb the population are dealing with Covid better, because you don't need a hospital to die of Covid in?

Only possible to verify any data by personally counting dead bodies yourself then?

Do more or less people die of cancer than the official government data? What about road traffic accidents? What about slipping in the bath?

Every government and every medical organisation and medical practitioner is involved in a conspiracy?"

Obviously you're a Mason.

Governments are now corporations, fact. They're not there for anyone's wellbeing. They have quotas and agendas. Your reply is daft, if you sit there to be lied to more fool you.

The creator of the pcr test did an interview and stated it doesn't work for viruses. Not what it's designed for. Dies in 2019 absolutely inept. But good luck with your government they're sure to keep you safe.

West London

Every government and every medical organisation and medical practitioner is involved in a conspiracy?

Governments are now corporations, fact. They're not there for anyone's wellbeing. They have quotas and agendas. Your reply is daft, if you sit there to be lied to more fool you.

The creator of the pcr test did an interview and stated it doesn't work for viruses. Not what it's designed for. Dies in 2019 absolutely inept. But good luck with your government they're sure to keep you safe. "

You enjoy your rabbit hole, or just continue trolling to get some attention.

Both options have my sympathy.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

The creator of the pcr test did an interview and stated it doesn't work for viruses. Not what it's designed for. Dies in 2019 absolutely inept. But good luck with your government they're sure to keep you safe. "

Not been feeling to clever today, your posts have given me the biggest laugh all day. Presume you’re actually a parody account?

Yawn.

Yawn indeed.

Actually, if you read through the link you would see that there was a lack of wood and very high prices due to the demand for burning bodies.

Quite. You made no reference to the actual OP, you contribution was to query something irrelevant.

You carry on sharing your well researched and informed opinions though. They are really helpful."

If I made no reference to the OP, why did you keep implying that I did?

Like I said, you can't help it.

What do you mean Governments have an agenda? is that like a manifesto? need more info on that

As for PCR tests, He never said that. This is a misunderstanding of a quote from him about the limitations of PCR testing in general, to find out about the exact levels of a virus in a sample, not whether or not the sample contained the virus. Your's confusing presence of virus with viral load. The test identifes wether the Virus is present not the viral load.

In addition when the quotes about PCR testing picking up the DNA of the person being tested first appeared online, they were “not attributed to Dr Mullis but to an online commenter called "VirusGuy"”. go figure .........

North West

The creator of the pcr test did an interview and stated it doesn't work for viruses. Not what it's designed for. Dies in 2019 absolutely inept. But good luck with your government they're sure to keep you safe.

What do you mean Governments have an agenda? is that like a manifesto? need more info on that

As for PCR tests, He never said that. This is a misunderstanding of a quote from him about the limitations of PCR testing in general, to find out about the exact levels of a virus in a sample, not whether or not the sample contained the virus. Your's confusing presence of virus with viral load. The test identifes wether the Virus is present not the viral load.

In addition when the quotes about PCR testing picking up the DNA of the person being tested first appeared online, they were “not attributed to Dr Mullis but to an online commenter called "VirusGuy"”. go figure ......... "

To extend, modern PCR methods CAN perform quantitatively as well as qualitatively. What Cary Mullis said was said back in the early 90s, in the infancy of the technique and when everyone was searching for a method to quantify HIV virus levels in a sample. The quote is a) very old and b) completely out of context and c) fundamentally misunderstood by ill educated conspiracy theorists.

Kary Mullis also said HIV doesn't cause AIDS so not everything he said was accurate. Funnily enough we can use qPCR to detect HIV and monitor viral load - that's what U=U is.

West London

Yawn.

Yawn indeed.

You carry on sharing your well researched and informed opinions though. They are really helpful.

Like I said, you can't help it."

You are struggling to follow.

Suffering some sort of brain-fog. I will leave you to cope with it with a nettle poultice or something and not to seek medical attention as you don't believe in that sort of thing

Yawn.

Yawn indeed.

Suffering some sort of brain-fog. I will leave you to cope with it with a nettle poultice or something and not to seek medical attention as you don't believe in that sort of thing "

The insinuations are coming thick and fast!

West London

Yawn.

Yawn indeed.

Suffering some sort of brain-fog. I will leave you to cope with it with a nettle poultice or something and not to seek medical attention as you don't believe in that sort of thing

The insinuations are coming thick and fast!

Like I said, you can't help it."

Correct inferences though. You are a vaccine sceptic. You claim to have thoroughly researched your position but regularly ask for simple data.

You commented on a thread only to criticise someone without any regard to the OP. What motivates you do that?

As it turns out, India did run out of wood for funeral pyres and were throwing bodies into rivers.

Anti-vaxers did attack a test centre, but nobody seriously said that it was to get tests for friends in hospital.

Your implication was that both propositions were foolish, but as it turns out, only the one that was intended to be sarcastic was.

It's all very straightforward, isn't it?

By *fucksakeCouple  over a year ago

cuffilly

One thing i have noticed is japan,india and asians are mostly tiny thin people.the worse cases are overweight with complications due to weight.plus the average age in tge best performing countries is much lower.

South afrika is already in recovery.thier average age is...well look it up.

Tin town

One thing i have noticed is japan,india and asians are mostly tiny thin people.the worse cases are overweight with complications due to weight.plus the average age in tge best performing countries is much lower.

"

When are the nhs going to give me my average age reducer jab!

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

What was he expecting to see? Hundreds of rotting corpses with empty oxygen tanks on the trek trail?

By *uckfunCouple  over a year ago

North Coast

India reporting 6000-9000 new cases per day and they admit themselves that that is an under reported number. The number would be a lot higher if people had access to self testing.

They are on the verge of a third wave, the second wave completely overwhelmed India's health care system, with no beds, oxygen supplies, or medicine left. Across the country, patients were turned away by overflowing hospitals and left dying on the streets.

So I would say that the OP should stop listening to his friend and especially stop listening to his friend and posting what he’s said.

By *fucksakeCouple  over a year ago

cuffilly

Ummm my point is we cannot compare

So dont be a sarcastic tw##

"

Tin town

Ummm my point is we cannot compare

So dont be a sarcastic tw##

"

Selective comparing... When it suits....

Yes I agree and yes I am a tw##

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

AHH your friend the well known and renowned virologist and medical expert?

Leeds

"

He says that because there's no NHS the virus has come, done its worse and gone...

"

So if we had dismantled the NHS in March 2020 Covid in UK would now be history ?

By *ilver Fox 60Man  over a year ago

Southport

Oh ffs...

Brighton

"

Obesity is definitely a factor that increases the risk of serious illness and death from Covid. That has been known for 18mths.

There are some studies (don’t have link to hand and not sure it could be posted anyway unless on recognised news source) that indicate genetics are also a factor. Interestingly the highest risk group are South Asians (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh) and the lowest (I think but will need to check) was South East Asians (Vietnam, Cambodia etc). European were also a higher risk category than Southern African.

If this research turns out to be correct then in anthropological terms it means Caucasoid people are higher risk from Covid than both Negroid and Mongoloid.

Leeds

Are negroid and Mongoloid terms that are still used in scientific research ?

Brighton

"Are negroid and Mongoloid terms that are still used in scientific research ?"

Good question. I hope so otherwise I will have inadvertently caused offence which was certainly not the intent. It is many years since I have read anthropological works so things may have changed. However, if taken in spirit intended, I think it is still accepted that there are genetically four sub groups of homo sapien.

Brighton

"Are negroid and Mongoloid terms that are still used in scientific research ?

Good question. I hope so otherwise I will have inadvertently caused offence which was certainly not the intent. It is many years since I have read anthropological works so things may have changed. However, if taken in spirit intended, I think it is still accepted that there are genetically four sub groups of homo sapien."

Ok just looked it up and those terms are now considered offensive!

Apologies to anyone who was offended. Not remotely the intent or point I was trying to make.

If the mods could remove the original post that would be welcome.

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"We're currently in Tenerife. According to local media, case numbers on the island and across the Canaries are increasing massively. However, all seems absolutely fine here in this lovely hotel and in the little port town we're based in. Apart from mask wearing and some extra signage, seems perfectly normal. If we didn't know otherwise, we might conclude that there's no issue.

Getting "an impression" by staying briefly in a small part of a fecking huge country is meaningless, let's face it. We're on an island with a population lower than the city we're from in the UK and our "impression" is not representative of reality. "

Agreed. Hope you are having a lovely break.

The rate of positive tests in my town is about 10 times higher than at certain points during the year, but the “impression” that you’d get around the town is that very little us changed. And I know a lot more people who were seriously ill in the earliest months of the outbreak than in the following 18 months or so.

Tin town

[Removed by poster at 01/01/22 15:54:09]

By *adysueandneroCouple  over a year ago

witney

Having just watched the news your post has just been shown to be another load fake bollocks.

Are you going to post a retraction, or are you to busy making up your next fake post?

By *oungstuddMan  over a year ago

cardiff

With the past two waves the nature of the cases peaking has been cyclic.

It has peaked in Europe in oct-dec/Jan while for India its peaked in March-May.

2nd Wave(delta) caused maximum damage here(India) and then numbers went down after may 2021.

There is upward trend back again now with number of cases multiplying every day in the country. Though this has been the case what works in India's favour is massive vaccination drive which saw 8.81 Bn doses given.

I just hope that this menace ends soon so that we all (world over) live in peace.

By *adysueandneroCouple  over a year ago

witney

"With the past two waves the nature of the cases peaking has been cyclic.

It has peaked in Europe in oct-dec/Jan while for India its peaked in March-May.

2nd Wave(delta) caused maximum damage here(India) and then numbers went down after may 2021.

There is upward trend back again now with number of cases multiplying every day in the country. Though this has been the case what works in India's favour is massive vaccination drive which saw 8.81 Bn doses given.

I just hope that this menace ends soon so that we all (world over) live in peace. "

We would like wish and your family well and hope all get through this awful plague.

henley on thames

Having just watched the news your post has just been shown to be another load fake bollocks.

Are you going to post a retraction, or are you to busy making up your next fake post?"

Agreed.

35 million positive tests in India suggests that the “India has no covid crisis” statement is, indeed, bollocks.

Coupled with that, testing in India is pretty sparse compared to the Uk so the actual number of people infected is undoubtedly higher. The rate of testing per million people is 12 times higher in the uk than in India, so the headline figure of positive tests is more stark.

Leeds

Who needs facts when you have a friend who knows better ?

By *ixey and CopperCouple  over a year ago

exeter

This aged really well

'It's all a blag'

Covid isn't real?

'You've been tricked'

I think we've likely been conned out of £millions by UK government contracts. But having all GPs who certify deaths etc, that feed into ONS data, is highly unlikely. "

Deaths are certified by two separate doctors.

henley on thames

BBC headline “curfew in Delhi as India cases surge”.

They should have had a word with your mate and be could have explained that there is no problem because there is no nhs.

I’m sure they will issue a correction once they have had a word with your mate

They should have had a word with your mate and be could have explained that there is no problem because there is no nhs.

I’m sure they will issue a correction once they have had a word with your mate "

Or your mate from the BBC who might’ve also been arguing against the witch hunt against uncle Jimmy could be misinforming you again......

henley on thames

Or your mate from the BBC who might’ve also been arguing against the witch hunt against uncle Jimmy could be misinforming you again...... "

My mate from the bbc? Eh? Where did I mention any mates at the bbc?

BBC are lying about the increase in India? In that case, other news sources are also lying.

Or are bbc lying about the curfew in Delhi? Again, other sources have reported this

Not sure what point you are trying to make

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Well be we will soon not have any "NHS" to speak of ?? so now it's all start to make 100% complete sense ..do away with the "NHS" and they you do away all health problems and when the next Pandemic hits ?? our Dearest Leaders are bloody 100% genuinses !!.... PS.we all had friends like that at school mainly they ate the glue and other weird stuff and always wondered whatever happened to them ??

henley on thames

Or your mate from the BBC who might’ve also been arguing against the witch hunt against uncle Jimmy could be misinforming you again...... "

I have delved further on this, and it turns out that it isn’t just a bbc fabrication as you had suggested. All major news providers are reporting the same thing, including news sources in India.

Looks as though OP’s mate may have been off the mark. I never did understand at the suggestion that the success in banishing covid was down to not having an nhs either.

By *678Man  over a year ago

south

What a sure way to trigger arguments between site users.

Well done Fab.

North West

[Removed by poster at 06/01/22 15:40:03]

North West

"What a sure way to trigger arguments between site users.

Well done Fab.

"

How is it Fab's fault? People post stuff, other people reply. Some stuff is sensible, some stuff isn't. Etc.

There are reports that imply India had literally millions of Covid deaths. Roughly 4 million.

Doesn't sound like a Covid success story to me.

henley on thames

"There are reports that imply India had literally millions of Covid deaths. Roughly 4 million.

Doesn't sound like a Covid success story to me."

It’s impossible to get an accurate global picture, as testing , collation etc vary so widely from country to country.

For example, the number of tests per million people is 12 times higher in UK than in India, and 40 times higher than Nepal (the other country mentioned). So a lot more likely that people think it isn’t an issue because nobody around them has been tested.

And some countries aren’t too open about statistics that they don’t like. For example, the number of deaths in building sites in dubai kept rising and rising, so the government had a chat about what to do and their decision was to stop counting. Problem solved. No more nasty headlines because nobody has the data any more

"There are reports that imply India had literally millions of Covid deaths. Roughly 4 million.

Doesn't sound like a Covid success story to me.

It’s impossible to get an accurate global picture, as testing , collation etc vary so widely from country to country.

For example, the number of tests per million people is 12 times higher in UK than in India, and 40 times higher than Nepal (the other country mentioned). So a lot more likely that people think it isn’t an issue because nobody around them has been tested.

And some countries aren’t too open about statistics that they don’t like. For example, the number of deaths in building sites in dubai kept rising and rising, so the government had a chat about what to do and their decision was to stop counting. Problem solved. No more nasty headlines because nobody has the data any more "

Recent updates in the UK to PCR test requirements....

'From 11 January in England and 6 January in Scotland and Wales, those who test positive using an LFT but are asymptomatic do not have to do a follow-up PCR test.'

more experts I see!

By *ulgingKnixMan  over a year ago

kerry

there is no covid in India because they dont use flawd pcr tests.

if you dont test the whole covid scam will disappear. time people woke up

"

if you dont test the whole covid scam will disappear. time people woke up"

Please do enlighten us with your advanced knowledge on PCR.

You should suggest that to the cancer doctors. You just cured cancer.

North West

They don't use PCR tests in India? Someone had better tell the COVID testing centres in India, who are advertising PCR tests online. Including at Delhi airport and hospitals all around the country.

According to the Indian Council of Medical Research, the following tests are available across various labs. The numbers are the numbers of labs offering that type of test. At 2,022 labs, PCR testing is by far and away the most prevalent.

Real-Time RT PCR for COVID-19: 2022 (Govt: 722 + Private:1300)

TrueNat Test for COVID-19 : 937 (Govt: 594+ Private: 343)

CBNAAT Test for COVID-19 : 132 (Govt: 43 + Private: 89)

Other Molecular-Nucleic Acid (M-NA)Testing Platforms for COVID-19 : 31(Govt: 09 + Private: 22)

Note: Other Molecular-Nucleic Acid includes Abbott ID NOW, RT-LAMP, CRISPR-Cas9 and Accula™

By *ornyandachingCouple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

A friends cats dogs mother in law told me our Jason down the pub says covid doesn’t exist…. FFS will people get a grip, unless you can reference something from a credible source or you can give first hand experience and knowledge it’s as useful as a chocolate fireguard…

kerry

You should suggest that to the cancer doctors. You just cured cancer."

cancer is real covid is a scam its just the flu

North West

They don't use PCR tests in India? Someone had better tell the COVID testing centres in India, who are advertising PCR tests online. Including at Delhi airport and hospitals all around the country.

According to the Indian Council of Medical Research, the following tests are available across various labs. The numbers are the numbers of labs offering that type of test. At 2,022 labs, PCR testing is by far and away the most prevalent.

Real-Time RT PCR for COVID-19: 2022 (Govt: 722 + Private:1300)

TrueNat Test for COVID-19 : 937 (Govt: 594+ Private: 343)

CBNAAT Test for COVID-19 : 132 (Govt: 43 + Private: 89)

Other Molecular-Nucleic Acid (M-NA)Testing Platforms for COVID-19 : 31(Govt: 09 + Private: 22)

Note: Other Molecular-Nucleic Acid includes Abbott ID NOW, RT-LAMP, CRISPR-Cas9 and Accula™"

Oh, and TruNat is also a type of PCR test and the CBNAAT system includes a PCR step

cancer is real covid is a scam its just the flu"

That is incredibly disrespectful to the millions of people who have died world wide. Fw

kerry

That is incredibly disrespectful to the millions of people who have died world wide. Fw "

keep drinking te cool aid and watching bbc and do what the government tells you to do dont use your own mind and do some research yourself

That is incredibly disrespectful to the millions of people who have died world wide. Fw "

It is disrespectful and also I don't think the people that say "it's just the flu" know what their talking about because the flu is deadly too.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

What a pathetic and uninformed comment, hope you’re proud of yourself

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Really interesting...some let's call them third world countries and also almost whole east Europe has very little restrictions, low vaccination rate and guess what, there is no drama there...on another side we have western Europe, in some countries more than 90% people vaccinated, restrictions all the time and high numbers...interesting isn't it?

Btw there is a one beautiful and lovely country in Europe called Bosnia and Hercegovina, guess what? They never had any restrictions, they are living completely normal life, no tests for travel there, no restrictions and no drama...but wait they are third world country with bad health service? Btw i am not conspiracy theorists, this is what it is

Tin town

"Really interesting...some let's call them third world countries and also almost whole east Europe has very little restrictions, low vaccination rate and guess what, there is no drama there...on another side we have western Europe, in some countries more than 90% people vaccinated, restrictions all the time and high numbers...interesting isn't it?

Btw there is a one beautiful and lovely country in Europe called Bosnia and Hercegovina, guess what? They never had any restrictions, they are living completely normal life, no tests for travel there, no restrictions and no drama...but wait they are third world country with bad health service? Btw i am not conspiracy theorists, this is what it is "

You're brave.

North West

"Really interesting...some let's call them third world countries and also almost whole east Europe has very little restrictions, low vaccination rate and guess what, there is no drama there...on another side we have western Europe, in some countries more than 90% people vaccinated, restrictions all the time and high numbers...interesting isn't it?

Btw there is a one beautiful and lovely country in Europe called Bosnia and Hercegovina, guess what? They never had any restrictions, they are living completely normal life, no tests for travel there, no restrictions and no drama...but wait they are third world country with bad health service? Btw i am not conspiracy theorists, this is what it is "

This Bosnia? Or is there another one?

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/bosnia-reports-first-omicron-cases-says-its-likely-be-dominant-soon-2021-12-29/

From another news source "In neighbouring Bosnia and Herzegovina, cases almost doubled since last week to 1,556 on Wednesday"

And to travel to Bosnia and Herzegovina:

"Bosnia and Herzegovina

Borders remain open, but you’ll need a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) not older than 48 hours if coming from Europe and not older than 72 hours if arriving from other countries (including the United States), a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing full vaccination completed 10 days prior to arrival, or a doctor’s certificate of COVID-19 recovery in the period 10 to 180 days prior to arrival"

Sarajevo cancelled it's New Year's Eve concert, citing Covid concerns.

And lastly, from The Guardian:

"While large countries such as the US, Brazil and India have recorded the highest overall number of Covid-19 deaths, Peru, Bulgaria and Bosnia and Herzegovina are the countries that have the highest death tolls when population is taken into account."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/31/two-years-of-coronavirus-how-pandemic-unfolded-around-the-world

As I say, maybe there's another country called Bosnia and Herzegovina?

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

I tried to think of a reply, I really did, but it's just not possible lol

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Btw there is a one beautiful and lovely country in Europe called Bosnia and Hercegovina, guess what? They never had any restrictions, they are living completely normal life, no tests for travel there, no restrictions and no drama...but wait they are third world country with bad health service? Btw i am not conspiracy theorists, this is what it is

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/bosnia-reports-first-omicron-cases-says-its-likely-be-dominant-soon-2021-12-29/

From another news source "In neighbouring Bosnia and Herzegovina, cases almost doubled since last week to 1,556 on Wednesday"

"Bosnia and Herzegovina

Borders remain open, but you’ll need a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) not older than 48 hours if coming from Europe and not older than 72 hours if arriving from other countries (including the United States), a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing full vaccination completed 10 days prior to arrival, or a doctor’s certificate of COVID-19 recovery in the period 10 to 180 days prior to arrival"

"While large countries such as the US, Brazil and India have recorded the highest overall number of Covid-19 deaths, Peru, Bulgaria and Bosnia and Herzegovina are the countries that have the highest death tolls when population is taken into account."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/31/two-years-of-coronavirus-how-pandemic-unfolded-around-the-world

As I say, maybe there's another country called Bosnia and Herzegovina? "

I think this thread has shown a few examples of why it's more reliable to look at the data etc, rather than to rely on anecdotes.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

They have the third highest deaths/million population, twice the risk of death due to Covid compared to the UK. Rather than support the notion that ignoring Covid is the solution your example shows exactly the opposite!!

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Hahaha, media won't present tru never...take a holidays and see how the normal life looks like

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"Bosnia and Herzegovina

As I say, maybe there's another country called Bosnia and Herzegovina? "

yup must be its twin in a parallel universe where covid didn't happen, I am sure some people will never grasp the scale of a pandemic and even if they do it's ok they can just ignore it and it doesn't happen, that's how it works right?

North West

"Hahaha, media won't present tru never...take a holidays and see how the normal life looks like "

The assistant health minister in Bosnia seems to agree with the media reports

Paisley

Parts of India still in lockdown. There doesn’t seem to be any impartial reporting of covid.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"Parts of India still in lockdown. There doesn’t seem to be any impartial reporting of covid. "

I was told today that Delhi is about to go to lockdown

henley on thames

Is that what they are teaching in Kerry? Maith an fear!

henley on thames

"Hahaha, media won't present tru never...take a holidays and see how the normal life looks like "

Try Kerry. Kerry poster says there’s no covid down there, only flu

Paisley

"Parts of India still in lockdown. There doesn’t seem to be any impartial reporting of covid.

I was told today that Delhi is about to go to lockdown "

Mumbai is still in lockdown. 24% infection rate. They’re having a difficult time.

By *ikramMan  over a year ago

stockport

I wouldn’t believe everything the Indian government says. I think like China they have tried to hide numbers. With the population it’s logically impossible to achieve the numbers stated.

Coupled together with Not everything feeling unwell would have gotten tested. (Again due to logistics, nearly impossible to penetrate the deepest/ rural parts of India with test kits)

Having said that there was severe casualties middle of last year and maybe they have achieved herd immunity now.

Currently cases on the rise again

West London

Interesting More or Less which covers some of this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3ct3k4h

Excess deaths figures of 4 million possible, rather than the 300,000 official estimate.

» Add a new message to this topic