FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > non domestic travel during Pandemic

non domestic travel during Pandemic

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ctionnotwords69 OP   Man  over a year ago

ENFIELD

Should people still be traveling overseas for non essential reasons in light of the increasing case numbers?

There's going to thousands of people stranded overseas unable to get back due to failing the pre-departure LFT requirement on their return to UK.

The chances of catching the highly transmissible Omicron variant on a cramped planed must be be higher now than a few months ago.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They should just get rid of the testing requirement for flying. No issues then..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think the issues for other countries are finely balanced, hence some making it harder for those from the UK.

The bigger problem is for Johnson to get any changes past his ultra rightwing fanatics, wherw c. 100 of them voted against the last adjustments for mask wearing. He's only interesed in keeping his power, not making enemies who want his job for someone else who is an extremist. Sad times.

"I think the issues for other countries are finely balanced, hence some making it harder for those from the UK.

The bigger problem is for Johnson to get any changes past his ultra rightwing fanatics, wherw c. 100 of them voted against the last adjustments for mask wearing. He's only interesed in keeping his power, not making enemies who want his job for someone else who is an extremist. Sad times. "

Johnson has these last decisions correct though.

No need for further restrictions and back to plan A by February.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

If people want to take the risk, then that's on them.

"If people want to take the risk, then that's on them."

Yeah, huge risk. Lol.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"If people want to take the risk, then that's on them.

Yeah, huge risk. Lol."

Risk of being stranded. Risk of rules changing suddenly.

You may think that's trivial. Good for you.

I've taken the risk twice in longhaul flights in the last 12 months, constant fresh air being brought into the aircraft and you have to wear masks for the duration of the flight. Temperature checks and health declaration forms too.

Definitely felt safer than going to work every day.

When I went to Costa Rica, you couldn't even get a foot past the door of any premises without wearing a mask or sanitising your hands first.

Made me realise how much of a half arsed attempt to keep safe we make in this country...

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

The chances of catching the highly transmissible Omicron variant on a cramped planed must be be higher now than a few months ago.

"

Everyone on the plane has tested negative. In a full cinema, for example, you could be sitting amongst positive people.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Having just returned from a fantastic holiday in Gran Canaria, I say most definitely we should still be able to travel.

A plane is safer than any other place for not catching Covid. You can't get on one if you haven't shown a negative result. Everyone wears masks and the planes are mostly half empty at least.

Also millions of people depend on travel and tourism all over the world for their income.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I'll be honest, we've felt safer here in Tenerife this past fortnight, predominantly sat outside, social distancing legally obliged by the poolside etc. Legal maximum capacities of bars/restaurants indoors (fewer) and outdoors. We haven't actually visited bars/restaurants apart from the pool bar. Supermarkets with zero non mask wearers, staff constantly cleaning. We've sat indoors with other families, socially distanced and with masks on once.

Genuinely feel safer here than in the UK (bar staying at home 100% of the time). Maybe it's just holiday-ness?

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"If people want to take the risk, then that's on them.

Yeah, huge risk. Lol.

Risk of being stranded. Risk of rules changing suddenly.

You may think that's trivial. Good for you."

Booked to go to the Maldivs moved it twice and now due to fly end of Feb it's now risk or lose the money so hope to go..

» Add a new message to this topic