FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > LFT plastic

LFT plastic

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

While LFTs are a great idea, I can't help wondering about their impact on the environment. Millions are used every day, probably billions worldwide...so much for cutting down on Single Use Plastics...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ubyRonCouple  over a year ago

Lancashire

"While LFTs are a great idea, I can't help wondering about their impact on the environment. Millions are used every day, probably billions worldwide...so much for cutting down on Single Use Plastics... "

From what I can gather they are recyclable

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"While LFTs are a great idea, I can't help wondering about their impact on the environment. Millions are used every day, probably billions worldwide...so much for cutting down on Single Use Plastics...

From what I can gather they are recyclable"

But the advice on the test kit is to put everything in a little plastic bag and dispose of in the general waste

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Yes, the damage to the environment is a concern as are all the discarded and single use face coverings too.

"While LFTs are a great idea, I can't help wondering about their impact on the environment. Millions are used every day, probably billions worldwide...so much for cutting down on Single Use Plastics...

But the advice on the test kit is to put everything in a little plastic bag and dispose of in the general waste"

Exactly, not a very green solution

By *ubyRonCouple  over a year ago

Lancashire

But the advice on the test kit is to put everything in a little plastic bag and dispose of in the general waste"

Fair point. Damned if they do damned if they don't unfortunately.

This is the advice in most LFT packs. However, in some the information leaflet said it should be classed as biohazardous waste and disposed of accordingly.

With regards to the plastic in an LFT kit, the Scot.gov website states "where possible this waste should be sent to incineration."

By *ichiesuperstarMan  over a year ago

Penzance

At a time when people were starting to take plastic waste seriously the rich find a way to make even more pollution and cash.

Aren't all the other animals on the planet lucky that us humans are just so clever and important.

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

Considering our government have this stupid unachievable green agenda, then it seems stupid to be testing five times as much as Germany and twice as much as the USA to generate a lot of plastic waste !

I read an article that Covid19 testing kits waste is going to be the 5th largest plastic polluter this coming year !

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

the news footage of cities being liberally hosed down with tanker fulls of disinfectant, especially in the far east, was also very alarming to watch. i'm guessing it all eventually eneded up in the watercourses.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Even if they are recyclable, it takes a lot of energy to recycle. Just because something is recyclable doesn't make it particularly environmentally friendly.

At least we got rid of plastic straws.

Penzance

And this is on top of all the pollution caused by the injections. Billions of plastic syringes in their plastic packaging.

Well, if a virus doesn't kill us, extreme weather events due to our stupidity and greed will....happy new year

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

We do the best we can under difficult circumstances. We could always lobby our MPs for more sustainable options in dealing with Covid.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Can't have a plastic straw in McDonald's but I guarantee there's just as many masks fucking up turtles now

Plastic isn't the issue, it's people! Bring on the inevitable asteroid impact.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"And this is on top of all the pollution caused by the injections. Billions of plastic syringes in their plastic packaging. "

I look forward to hearing your solution.

"And this is on top of all the pollution caused by the injections. Billions of plastic syringes in their plastic packaging.

I look forward to hearing your solution."

I think we'll have to wait til CoP27...see what more false promises world leaders can dream up

Penzance

" I look forward to hearing your solution."

Stop listening to the sales strategy being played out on the news. The scientists with vested interests in selling this vaccine are just taking credit for what has kept humans alive for millions of years, our immune systems. Flu and cold strains change all the time with varying degrees of success at trying to wipe us out. In past decades this would have just gone by unnoticed but unfortunately we live in a time where everything has to be labeled and profitted from. Figures manipulated to try and prove a point.

And let's not forget the biggest reason this has played out so well for the government and their pharmacutical sponsors is that we now have 60,000 less hospital beds. There's always a shortage and it only takes a few reports to appear on the news and its a massive crisis which wouldn't have been the case before with these extra beds.

It was only 11 years ago the pharmacutical companies tried a similar thing with swine flu but clearly didn't bribe enough politicians as they turned on them.

We all know the government is made up of the most untrustworthy, slimey, underhand collection of people known to man who prove over and over they can't be trusted and yet people just seem to take what ever they say as gospel. It beggars belief really.

But these are just my thoughts and findings from talking to friends who vary from the average tesco worker to people who are doctors.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

"We do the best we can under difficult circumstances. We could always lobby our MPs for more sustainable options in dealing with Covid."

It's a shame we can't have the strips and reuse the plastic until a positive response and then it be disposed of. But I guess that could potentially increase human error

Galaxy Far Far Away

"And this is on top of all the pollution caused by the injections. Billions of plastic syringes in their plastic packaging.

I look forward to hearing your solution.

I think we'll have to wait til CoP27...see what more false promises world leaders can dream up "

I was interested in the poster's solution. It's easy to condemn, not so easy to create the perfect solution.

By *ob rodMan  over a year ago

lancaster

"And this is on top of all the pollution caused by the injections. Billions of plastic syringes in their plastic packaging. "

What’s the answer

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

As with any requirement to control populations, green issues only apply if there is some form of monitoring or financial gain to be had.

It's been the same for ever. Obey me or I'll torch your village, you'll go to hell, the Russians will nuke us etc.

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

They all go for incineration

Penzance

"They all go for incineration"

Yum yum... All those delicious, toxic, cancer causing hydrocarbons being released into the atmosphere

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Yes, the damage to the environment is a concern as are all the discarded and single use face coverings too."

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"While LFTs are a great idea, I can't help wondering about their impact on the environment. Millions are used every day, probably billions worldwide...so much for cutting down on Single Use Plastics... "

Christmas Tree Baubles for Next Year

Manchester (she/her)

" I look forward to hearing your solution.

Stop listening to the sales strategy being played out on the news. The scientists with vested interests in selling this vaccine are just taking credit for what has kept humans alive for millions of years, our immune systems. Flu and cold strains change all the time with varying degrees of success at trying to wipe us out. In past decades this would have just gone by unnoticed but unfortunately we live in a time where everything has to be labeled and profitted from. Figures manipulated to try and prove a point.

And let's not forget the biggest reason this has played out so well for the government and their pharmacutical sponsors is that we now have 60,000 less hospital beds. There's always a shortage and it only takes a few reports to appear on the news and its a massive crisis which wouldn't have been the case before with these extra beds.

It was only 11 years ago the pharmacutical companies tried a similar thing with swine flu but clearly didn't bribe enough politicians as they turned on them.

We all know the government is made up of the most untrustworthy, slimey, underhand collection of people known to man who prove over and over they can't be trusted and yet people just seem to take what ever they say as gospel. It beggars belief really.

But these are just my thoughts and findings from talking to friends who vary from the average tesco worker to people who are doctors. "

Personally I'll be giving all of that a miss.

I'm trying things like minimising going out so I need to test less, and minimising disposables in my masking.

Sharps are incinerated

Galaxy Far Far Away

"They all go for incineration

Yum yum... All those delicious, toxic, cancer causing hydrocarbons being released into the atmosphere"

So what's your solution?

Penzance

Yum yum... All those delicious, toxic, cancer causing hydrocarbons being released into the atmosphere

So what's your solution?"

I have already replied to the last time you asked but I will reiterate. Basically stop listening to government sales pitches and stop being hypochondriacs when all is well so then there's no need for all this waste which will be around for thousands of years.

Galaxy Far Far Away

So what's your solution?

I have already replied to the last time you asked but I will reiterate. Basically stop listening to government sales pitches and stop being hypochondriacs when all is well so then there's no need for all this waste which will be around for thousands of years."

Yes I saw your response but I'm interested in your solution...which you haven't given. Just interested if you have some suggestions.

Penzance

"

Yes I saw your response but I'm interested in your solution...which you haven't given. Just interested if you have some suggestions. "

Oh I see. Sorry I thought it came across better than it did. I just feel that the constant testing and injections arent really the answer and are largely unnecessary. Most of the populous have had it by now and have their own antibodies. And like most viruses of this type naturally over a course of a few years humans become immune and they dissappear. I've not seen much evidence that these vaccines do much and personally I don't see the need to test myself as I'd rather catch it and build natural immunity.

Plus so far I know of 2 people who had clots, one died, and one heart attack soon after these injections so I am slightly biased to be against them granted.

By *unmatt888Man  over a year ago

Marlborough

"

Yes I saw your response but I'm interested in your solution...which you haven't given. Just interested if you have some suggestions.

Oh I see. Sorry I thought it came across better than it did. I just feel that the constant testing and injections arent really the answer and are largely unnecessary. Most of the populous have had it by now and have their own antibodies. And like most viruses of this type naturally over a course of a few years humans become immune and they dissappear. I've not seen much evidence that these vaccines do much and personally I don't see the need to test myself as I'd rather catch it and build natural immunity.

Plus so far I know of 2 people who had clots, one died, and one heart attack soon after these injections so I am slightly biased to be against them granted. "

We must have a different definition of “most”.

Galaxy Far Far Away

"

Plus so far I know of 2 people who had clots, one died, and one heart attack soon after these injections so I am slightly biased to be against them granted. "

I see. Sadly I need to test due to 2 people very close to me being in the highly vulnerable category so if I unknowingly caught it the chances of severe repercussions for them would be high and I'm not prepared to take that chance.

By *pottydog46Man  over a year ago

rainham

Don’t forget about the billions of masks thrown away too. Terrible for the environment and wildlife. Great for China’s economy

Penzance

I guess at the end of the day the ones that feel the need to be told what to do without questioning motive can feel self righteous they may have helped by having a vaccine even though as we know it can still spread and appears to be pretty ineffective.

And the ones who have chosen to air on the side of caution can be self righteous that they have done their bit to help the environment and lessen the death of other animals.

lancaster

So what's your solution?

I have already replied to the last time you asked but I will reiterate. Basically stop listening to government sales pitches and stop being hypochondriacs when all is well so then there's no need for all this waste which will be around for thousands of years."

What am I missing it can’t see any solution on how to dispose of syringes and the packaging to keep them sterile in your reply

Penzance

Stop using any of it and just carry on as normal

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Stop using any of it and just carry on as normal"

Are you qualified to give out advice on medical matters? How would you feel if someone read this, took your advice and passed on covid to a relative who was vulnerable?

Manchester (she/her)

"I guess at the end of the day the ones that feel the need to be told what to do without questioning motive can feel self righteous they may have helped by having a vaccine even though as we know it can still spread and appears to be pretty ineffective.

And the ones who have chosen to air on the side of caution can be self righteous that they have done their bit to help the environment and lessen the death of other animals. "

So reducing the risks of a disease that's killed 5 million people (that's the recorded number) doesn't factor into your thinking?

I'm sure you don't think this way, but there are lots of people who seem to jump on every bandwagon to try to distract from Covid. Environmentalism is one of them. Just an excuse to perpetuate their foolish denialism of the pandemic - as if it'll go away if we ignore it, or it'll only hurt people we don't care about.

I'm glad you're a principled environmentalist, though.

lancaster

"Stop using any of it and just carry on as normal"

So no testing and no vaccinations is your answer

Penzance

"Stop using any of it and just carry on as normal

Are you qualified to give out advice on medical matters? How would you feel if someone read this, took your advice and passed on covid to a relative who was vulnerable? "

But what if they had the vaccine, had a stroke and died?

I know everyone takes this really seriously like a cult but bare in mind none of us peasants are being told the whole truth so nobody can positively argue either way.

The only absolute fact is things wouldn't be the way they are now if it wasn't for the vasts amounts of money involved.

From what I've seen and by chatting to people I know around me it seems odd that in the midst of a lethal pandemic noone seems to know anyone who's died of it. The odds of death are currently around 1 in 460 and yet noone knows anyone. But stoma bags are 1 in 500 and yet I know 4 people with them and you'd think that's the kind of thing people wouldn't shout about. But maybe I live in a blessed part of the country.

lancaster

"Stop using any of it and just carry on as normal

Are you qualified to give out advice on medical matters? How would you feel if someone read this, took your advice and passed on covid to a relative who was vulnerable?

But what if they had the vaccine, had a stroke and died?

I know everyone takes this really seriously like a cult but bare in mind none of us peasants are being told the whole truth so nobody can positively argue either way.

The only absolute fact is things wouldn't be the way they are now if it wasn't for the vasts amounts of money involved.

From what I've seen and by chatting to people I know around me it seems odd that in the midst of a lethal pandemic noone seems to know anyone who's died of it. The odds of death are currently around 1 in 460 and yet noone knows anyone. But stoma bags are 1 in 500 and yet I know 4 people with them and you'd think that's the kind of thing people wouldn't shout about. But maybe I live in a blessed part of the country.

"

But 145,000 people didn’t have have stoma bags fitted yesterday and no doubt similar number today

Unlike you I know 3 people who died of COVID

So basically your anti ax and don’t see COVID as a threat to anyone

Penzance

I don't doubt there is a stronger strain of flu going around. I do believe though this unfortunate occurrence has been used by the pharmacutical companies and government to cash in by making out it's way larger than it actually is.

But as I keep saying who really knows either way with absolute certainty. I don't.

All I know is people I know have had bad side effects to the vaccinations so I'd rather pass on it.

But anyone should be free to do what they truly believe is right surely.

Penzance

And going back to the original point of the post I find it all absolutely horrendous that all this plastic is being used and every day the powers at be seem to find more and more excuses why we need something else made of plastic to use to prove we are fit and well or cover ourselves up.

Anyway I'm off out. Enjoy

lancaster

Last reply now

Thought we were on about disposing of plastic

As you say each to there own think you have been unfortunate by know loads of people with side effects from vaccinations. I trust when u say side effects you don’t mean sore arm for a day or just not feeling 100% next day

You are very fortunate to not know anyone who has died with Covid guess my work colleagues , family and friends have just been the unlucky minority affect by Covid deaths

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"the news footage of cities being liberally hosed down with tanker fulls of disinfectant, especially in the far east, was also very alarming to watch. i'm guessing it all eventually eneded up in the watercourses."

So dose the salt they put on the roads so we can all drive.

Just because we don't put cold weather tyers on cars for winter

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

" I look forward to hearing your solution.

But these are just my thoughts and findings from talking to friends who vary from the average tesco worker to people who are doctors. "

You are aware this is a global issue yes?… not just the U.K.?

And if you are, are you suggesting it’s a worldwide conspiracy where even countries on the brink of war have come to complete agreement on?

I'm amazed at how my post regarding Single use Plastics has evolved into yet another argument about vaccines, conspiracies etc...FFS!

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"the news footage of cities being liberally hosed down with tanker fulls of disinfectant, especially in the far east, was also very alarming to watch. i'm guessing it all eventually eneded up in the watercourses.

So dose the salt they put on the roads so we can all drive.

Just because we don't put cold weather tyers on cars for winter "

Yes absolutely, all that salt getting washed into the sea and making it salty ... Oh .. wait ... Lol

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm amazed at how my post regarding Single use Plastics has evolved into yet another argument about vaccines, conspiracies etc...FFS!"

I think it's less than ideal, but I don't know how it can be made better without unacceptable risk to human health.

It's definitely a dilemma

Galaxy Far Far Away

"I'm amazed at how my post regarding Single use Plastics has evolved into yet another argument about vaccines, conspiracies etc...FFS!"

Yep...tends to happen

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"At a time when people were starting to take plastic waste seriously the rich find a way to make even more pollution and cash.

Aren't all the other animals on the planet lucky that us humans are just so clever and important."

You seriously think that this whole thing is about “rich” people “finding a way” to use more plastic?

I don’t

henley on thames

What did you expect?

Making a negative comment about test kits was bound to bring out the conspiracy theorists. They look at every negative snd assume that it is deliberate, and that the same people are behind the plot. It’s tedious

By *readsOfValhallaCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

"I'm amazed at how my post regarding Single use Plastics has evolved into yet another argument about vaccines, conspiracies etc...FFS!

What did you expect?

Making a negative comment about test kits was bound to bring out the conspiracy theorists. They look at every negative snd assume that it is deliberate, and that the same people are behind the plot. It’s tedious "

Just like every none conspiracy theorist looks at every negative comment and calls someone a conspiracy theorist. It works both ways unfortunately. We are lucky we live in a country where we can have strong open opinions no matter how bizar they might be and be able to express them. Just like you've just done now.

henley on thames

"I'm amazed at how my post regarding Single use Plastics has evolved into yet another argument about vaccines, conspiracies etc...FFS!

What did you expect?

Making a negative comment about test kits was bound to bring out the conspiracy theorists. They look at every negative snd assume that it is deliberate, and that the same people are behind the plot. It’s tedious Just like every none conspiracy theorist looks at every negative comment and calls someone a conspiracy theorist. It works both ways unfortunately. We are lucky we live in a country where we can have strong open opinions no matter how bizar they might be and be able to express them. Just like you've just done now."

I don’t look at every negative comment and assume that someone is a conspiracy theorist.

But what I was referring to above is classic conspiracy theorist behaviour. Lots Of plastic being used? Must be deliberate, so the rich “have found a way to use more plastic”. Ie, a poster suggesting that using more plastic was the desired outcome rather than an unfortunate consequence of developing and manufacturing test kits. That’s conspiracy theory in action ... just point the finger, make up a story and state it as fact, without any proof.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

LFT strips don’t account for 0.01% of my plastic waste...

By *esthetic21Man  over a year ago

west midlands

"We do the best we can under difficult circumstances. We could always lobby our MPs for more sustainable options in dealing with Covid."
you think the general public can lobby against the powers that be? Talk sense

henley on thames

"We do the best we can under difficult circumstances. We could always lobby our MPs for more sustainable options in dealing with Covid.you think the general public can lobby against the powers that be? Talk sense"

Of course they can.

west midlands

"We do the best we can under difficult circumstances. We could always lobby our MPs for more sustainable options in dealing with Covid.you think the general public can lobby against the powers that be? Talk sense

Of course they can. "

of course that "can" but they would never win

west midlands

When the powers that be dont like law they lobby against it and get it abolished. Money talks

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Funny no one is thinking about the environment now is like we are in survival mode

What about all the plastic seringes used for vaccines and the packs they come in.

The fule burnt to transport Masks, Vaccines, Test kits.

At least there are less air traffic..

» Add a new message to this topic