FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Is covid milder after the first time

Is covid milder after the first time

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

For the people who have caught covid more than once, is it milder after the first infection, (Regardless of your vaccine status?)

Plus, if you are jabbed, is it only milder closer to the time you've had your vaccines?

(Or just where you are up to in The vaccine cycle make no difference?)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rMrsRichCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouh

Interesting question but I think it’s a bit of pot luck. My younger brother had covid last year. Was ill for a few days and got breathless (he’s asthmatic so we were all worried) but he got over it really quickly.

He caught it again just over a week ago. Poor sod was a mess. He ended up with impetigo all over his eyes, in his eyeballs ffs he’s been barely able to see for the past week. So definitely worse the second time. He’s through it now thankfully although still on strong antibiotics for his eyes.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Pretty much the same for me at moment. Had a cough since before Xmas, got the cough mainly still, felt like crap for few days.

Had a single positive lft(out of about 20 in past 2 weeks) with a very faint line. No pcr results back yet but my day 6 and day 7 lft's are neg so the result doesn't really matter now anyway.

Now it's just a phlegmy cough which is my staple for winter anyway.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It can vary, including due to the immunity or not, that you acquired, any residual damage from prior infections and your unique response to it. There have been studies showing milder effects but these will be across the population, rather than a given, far any 1 individual.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"Interesting question but I think it’s a bit of pot luck. My younger brother had covid last year. Was ill for a few days and got breathless (he’s asthmatic so we were all worried) but he got over it really quickly.

He caught it again just over a week ago. Poor sod was a mess. He ended up with impetigo all over his eyes, in his eyeballs ffs he’s been barely able to see for the past week. So definitely worse the second time. He’s through it now thankfully although still on strong antibiotics for his eyes. "

My younger brother had a similar experience with covid first time he was a bit rough but the second time floored him for two weeks with breathing issues, sickness ect. Fortunately not as bad as your own sibling, I am glad to hear he is getting better though and hope he makes a full recovery. The second time had left my brother with heart palpitations which are being monitored as a potential case of long covid which he has been told may never change.

By *ategoodbyeMan  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

Contracting COVID is somewhere between unnoticeable and fatal. But you don’t know exactly where until afterwards.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Girl at work has had it 3x each time milder. Her vaccination status was different no vax then single vaccination then double vaxxed. Young Niece has had it twice first time like a bad cold worse 2nd time like bad flu and was poorly for about a month, now vaccinated but was unvaccinated both times she caught covid. So luck of the draw it seems.

By *rMrsRichCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouh

"Interesting question but I think it’s a bit of pot luck. My younger brother had covid last year. Was ill for a few days and got breathless (he’s asthmatic so we were all worried) but he got over it really quickly.

He caught it again just over a week ago. Poor sod was a mess. He ended up with impetigo all over his eyes, in his eyeballs ffs he’s been barely able to see for the past week. So definitely worse the second time. He’s through it now thankfully although still on strong antibiotics for his eyes.

My younger brother had a similar experience with covid first time he was a bit rough but the second time floored him for two weeks with breathing issues, sickness ect. Fortunately not as bad as your own sibling, I am glad to hear he is getting better though and hope he makes a full recovery. The second time had left my brother with heart palpitations which are being monitored as a potential case of long covid which he has been told may never change."

Thanks I hope your brother gets the help he needs to. Heart palpitations are terrifying. Hope he’s ok.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We had it before the vaccines and it was like flu and a chest infection and lasted over 2 weeks. Had it again in September after 2 jabs, has more like a bad cold that lasted a few days and only 2-3 were bad.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

My younger brother had a similar experience with covid first time he was a bit rough but the second time floored him for two weeks with breathing issues, sickness ect. Fortunately not as bad as your own sibling, I am glad to hear he is getting better though and hope he makes a full recovery. The second time had left my brother with heart palpitations which are being monitored as a potential case of long covid which he has been told may never change.

Thanks I hope your brother gets the help he needs to. Heart palpitations are terrifying. Hope he’s ok. "

Thankyou fortunately although worrying they havent slowed him down any

» Add a new message to this topic