FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Long Covid

Long Covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has anyone else had covid in the past and not been right since.

I had it quite bad over a year ago and have honestly never been the same since. One of the things is sleeping problems, its that bad I think I need a few Australian mates to chat to cos I am awake most nights when everyone I know is out cold asleep lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"Has anyone else had covid in the past and not been right since.

I had it quite bad over a year ago and have honestly never been the same since. One of the things is sleeping problems, its that bad I think I need a few Australian mates to chat to cos I am awake most nights when everyone I know is out cold asleep lol"

Not me personally but my brother has had covid twice now and has been left with heart palpitations and random spikes in his heart rate, have you been to the doctors regarding the issues as my brother is now part of a long covid study.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

We know people who've had all sorts of different ongoing health issues after Covid. Mr KC developed swelling in his lymph nodes, which were eventually removed querying lymphoma or something sinister. Must just have been a weird immune reaction to the COVID infection he'd had in 2020 (the surgery was at the end of 2020). Do consult a doc and seek referral to a long COVID clinic.

I had it quite bad over a year ago and have honestly never been the same since. One of the things is sleeping problems, its that bad I think I need a few Australian mates to chat to cos I am awake most nights when everyone I know is out cold asleep lol

Not me personally but my brother has had covid twice now and has been left with heart palpitations and random spikes in his heart rate, have you been to the doctors regarding the issues as my brother is now part of a long covid study."

Not yet but will need to, i was holding off because my GP is hardly seeing anyone since covid started (pretty useless) but yeah I think if i did catch it as bad again it would be a worse outcome.

What is involved in the long covid study?

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

Not me personally but my brother has had covid twice now and has been left with heart palpitations and random spikes in his heart rate, have you been to the doctors regarding the issues as my brother is now part of a long covid study.

Not yet but will need to, i was holding off because my GP is hardly seeing anyone since covid started (pretty useless) but yeah I think if i did catch it as bad again it would be a worse outcome.

What is involved in the long covid study?"

I'm not 100% sure to be honest but I think they are keeping an eye on his symptoms and stuff I will drop him a message and find out for you if you like. Another friend of mine is still suffering from bouts for fatigue since she had covid around christmas 2020 she has gone from being the sort of person that would be up and about at all hours of the day and night to some days needing to have a 2-3 nap in the middle of the day just so she has the energy to collect her daughter from school this bloody virus sure has a lot to answer for.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

I had it in January 2020 and was then diagnosed with asthma. What I have doesn’t feel like asthma and have just been referred for more tests. My lungs honestly feel older than me.

I’m on a daily steroid inhaler which has just been upped. There are frequent times I can be sat watching tv, or just walk from one room to the next and need my inhaler.

Somethings not right

By *readsOfValhallaCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

[Removed by poster at 02/01/22 05:21:49]

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had covid may 2020 in hospital on breathing machine still knackered all the time no taste and smell still

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I had chest problems for some time after catching covid unfortunately. Although I am so much better, I am not as I was pre-covid.

"I had it in January 2020 and was then diagnosed with asthma. What I have doesn’t feel like asthma and have just been referred for more tests. My lungs honestly feel older than me.

I’m on a daily steroid inhaler which has just been upped. There are frequent times I can be sat watching tv, or just walk from one room to the next and need my inhaler.

Somethings not right "

That is exactly what I am like! I used to be able to walk miles and get up early n go to the gym etc but now i struggle for even a decent level of fitness so its really effecting my weight which then starts the whole mental health side of it too.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will definitely be contacting my GP this week to ask about what I can get for help. I had it in my head they would just tell me it was just because I have gained weight (even though ive gained weight because of the damage done by covid) but hearing about the long covid study happening and people being told they now have asthma and using inhalers , sounds like I might get some help to gey me back on track.

By *enry250Man  over a year ago

spalding

Yeah I had it this time 2 years ago and have had breathing problems ever since

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

My mum had it right at the start and her breathing hasn’t been right since and is now susceptible to any cough or cold that is doing the rounds (regularly tests herself) and they leave her with chest infections.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had it quite bad over a year ago and have honestly never been the same since. One of the things is sleeping problems, its that bad I think I need a few Australian mates to chat to cos I am awake most nights when everyone I know is out cold asleep lol"

This is me! I get 3-5 broken hours a night tops. It’s been like this since August. Finally getting the GP to start looking in to this and give some support now (appointment is today) as it messed my hormones up too so been referred to endocrinology to help with the hormone elevation and related awful stuff.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

Post viral syndrome has been around since the first virus but now ots in the media, it's been renamed.

After a week of covid mild flu like symptoms this time last year, I'm left with diminished taste and smell still and some aversion to food I ate before getting it.

» Add a new message to this topic