FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Isolation period

Isolation period

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why is it that after 10 days you can come out of isolation and are told you are nolonger required to carry out lateral flow tests but advised to stay away from vulnerable people

Meanwhile healthcare workers can not return to work until they’ve had a negative lateral flow test. So why the double standard?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *kywalker22Man  over a year ago

Ambleside

Seemingly virus has different rules for different people in different situations

By *ngel696969Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

"Why is it that after 10 days you can come out of isolation and are told you are nolonger required to carry out lateral flow tests but advised to stay away from vulnerable

Meanwhile healthcare workers can not return to work until they’ve had a negative lateral flow test. So why the double standard?"

Think you'll find it's 7 days now

"Why is it that after 10 days you can come out of isolation and are told you are nolonger required to carry out lateral flow tests but advised to stay away from vulnerable

Meanwhile healthcare workers can not return to work until they’ve had a negative lateral flow test. So why the double standard?

Think you'll find it's 7 days now"

Only if you’ve had 2 consecutive negative lateral flow tests on day 6&7 onwards

By *xymcsexingtonWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Lft tests aren't fully accurate better doing a pcr test we have to for work

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Lft tests aren't fully accurate better doing a pcr test we have to for work"

PCR tests are not suitable within 90 days of previous positive due to false positives.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

You'll find discrepancies and apparent conflicts throughout UK laws for many things. Guidance for health management may also show similar conflicts.

Some rules are being changed over time too, as we've progressed from being completely ignorant about this, to learning as we go on.

There are still risks from ending isolation. People are unique and we don't all get affected in the same way. Our immune systems are also not equal. It's right for there to be some checks and balances, so that we don't have 100% of the population in isolation, for the rest of time.

The UK is not alone in having isolation ending disparities. The US has some similar issues and there is concern there.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

The isolation period appears to change based on the employment need.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"The isolation period appears to change based on the employment need. "
So, it's not about saving lives? I'm shocked

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"The isolation period appears to change based on the employment need. So, it's not about saving lives? I'm shocked "

The reduction in the isolation period clearly isn’t.

Think you'll find it's 7 days now"

Still 10 in scotland

Teesside

"The isolation period appears to change based on the employment need. So, it's not about saving lives? I'm shocked

The reduction in the isolation period clearly isn’t. "

Its ridiculous. I had covid over Xmas that I knew nothing about despite daily LFT's. I've had a lingering cold for a few weeks, assumed it was just that due to negative tests. Out of about 12 LFT's I got one faint positive, confirmed by pcr. Every LFT after was negative so I've lost faith in their accuracy. I'm technically free from isolation but have decided to just stay home anyway.

By *xymcsexingtonWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Lft tests aren't fully accurate better doing a pcr test we have to for work

PCR tests are not suitable within 90 days of previous positive due to false positives."

I know

Farnworth

Only if you’ve had 2 consecutive negative lateral flow tests on day 6&7 onwards "

But it's still 7 days, isn't it? There may be a caveat bit it's 7 days

Farnworth

PCR not required for that situation

Farnworth

[Removed by poster at 02/01/22 14:45:49]

Farnworth

Still 10 in scotland "

Abd hows that working out?

By *amyam5627Man  over a year ago

Swadlincote

I had Covid-19 over Christmas, did a LFT test on the 6th day and came back faintly positive, two clear tests on the 7th & 8th so able to end isolation.

Went back to work on the 9th day and then two days later one of my Coworkers comes down with it. I believe that it’s a 4-5 day incubation period before it shows so “touch wood” it wasn’t from me

Still 10 in scotland

Abd hows that working out?"

Wouldnt know iv not had to isolate..

Until you have covid then you can not use them for 90 days

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

"I had Covid-19 over Christmas, did a LFT test on the 6th day and came back faintly positive, two clear tests on the 7th & 8th so able to end isolation.

Went back to work on the 9th day and then two days later one of my Coworkers comes down with it. I believe that it’s a 4-5 day incubation period before it shows so “touch wood” it wasn’t from me "

I think it can be as little as 3 days for infection to show up in some instances. My son tested positive last Tuesday via lft following exposure to my sister who was unwell on xmas day (but who didn't think it was covid due to negative lft).

By Friday i started getting symptoms (within 3 days of my son getting ill) Despite testing every day, a faint line only showed up yesterday for me on lft.

It's all bollocks. That's why.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

"Why is it that after 10 days you can come out of isolation and are told you are nolonger required to carry out lateral flow tests but advised to stay away from vulnerable people

Meanwhile healthcare workers can not return to work until they’ve had a negative lateral flow test. So why the double standard?"

Because if you were a healthcare worker and returned to work and say, someone caught covid, then all eyes would be on the healthcare providers who had gone in there. If they have a negative lateral flow test to fall back on then there is proof that you were in the clear. This covers the healthcare workers arse and their employer’s arse from potential legal action should the person who got infected becomes seriously ill, or dies.

I’m assuming.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

How does it work with your app and the countdown timer to when you can leave isolation?

Does it show as 10 days and then after your lateral flow tests on day 6 and 7 if they are negative it reduces the time?

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"The isolation period appears to change based on the employment need. So, it's not about saving lives? I'm shocked "

Yes it is. But different work environments have different levels of interaction / proximity. Medical professionals, for example, have physical interaction with others. Other jobs don’t. So pretty natural that medical professionals are held to a higher / more cautious standard.

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"It's all bollocks. That's why."

Sad that you think so. I take it you don’t know anyone who has had serious symptoms or died then.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Why is it that after 10 days you can come out of isolation and are told you are nolonger required to carry out lateral flow tests but advised to stay away from vulnerable people

Very many of the "rules" make little sense when stacked side by side. Why do school kids have to wear masks and yet we are happy to encourage 100s of thousands into stadia every week without? Or into pubs and restaurants without?

I guess the overall sentiment is good... To reduce risk where possible, but frankly after 2 years of making up lots of rules they should probably have a fresh start. Not sure how many of the rules have scientific proof to back them up. We do need rules though... We've demonstrated time and again that we aren't really very good at protecting our selves and our communities.

Healthcare workers and students are 2 groups which have consistently been singled out.

Teesside

"The isolation period appears to change based on the employment need. So, it's not about saving lives? I'm shocked

Yes it is. But different work environments have different levels of interaction / proximity. Medical professionals, for example, have physical interaction with others. Other jobs don’t. So pretty natural that medical professionals are held to a higher / more cautious standard. "

The fact they are cutting the isolation period based on tests that are known to be flawed for the sake of getting people back to work says to me its about the economy rather than safety.

I was recently confirmed positive via pcr, for 7 days previous I was testing twice a day with lft's, out of 14 tests, One single test came back with a hardly noticeable positive line. I assumed throughout I had a cold because of the negatives and that's exactly what it felt like. Every test I've took after that was negative too. So basically, my isolation was up before it really began.

I'm also not the only one who has had similar happen to them.

So I don't put much stock in the "science" of cutting the isolation period.

» Add a new message to this topic