FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vacinne portal

Vacinne portal

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aucylad OP   Man  over a year ago

Dublin

OK this one is certainly gonna lighten up the forums for opinions.Please respect people's individual choices and articulate ones opinion without the need to insult others.

Ok so the portal is open for those aged between 5 and 11....Now many adults are vacinatted, are you going to get your children vacinated if they fall between those ages? Would be interesting to know how many adults are happy to be vacinatted but who won't vacinate their children. Please no insulting now ok.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My children are older and made their own choice to get vaccinated, would I have very young children vaccinated against a disease that posed them virtually no risk (assuming they didn't have elevated risk due to other conditions)? No, they will derive immunity naturally

No, my children will not be vaccinated against Covid.

They are fully up to date with all other vaccinations.

My eldest son chose to be vaccinated (he’s 24) and is currently the only one in our household to be currently suffering from Covid. Go figure

My youngest just turned 12, he's booked in for Jan 16th. No brainer.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Nope my ten year old had covid before xmas and breezed through it so shes got her anti bodys and even if she hadnt it would still be no,shes a healthy child so why would i get her jabbed against something that would be no bother to her,if she had underlying conditions then mabey but as it stands definatley not

borehamwood

"My youngest just turned 12, he's booked in for Jan 16th. No brainer."
his choice or yours

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Its grandchildren for us. The older ones already chose to be vaccinated so the younger ones may well do the same as they have already had other vaccinations.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

… my grandchildren won’t be getting jabbed … their parents aren’t so why should they …

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"My youngest just turned 12, he's booked in for Jan 16th. No brainer.his choice or yours"

It’s a parents choice and you don’t know his child’s medical history

I wonder will you say that if in years to come they'll have found that fertility is seriously affected or particular cancers on the rise which takes these so-called vaccines off the market?

Plenty of meds taken off the shelves after 10 years of being sold - and these particular vaccines are still under emergency authorisation which have not fully gone through all stages of trial!

borehamwood

"My youngest just turned 12, he's booked in for Jan 16th. No brainer.his choice or yours

It’s a parents choice and you don’t know his child’s medical history "

i just wonderd if it was his choice or his childs why u felt the need to jump to his defence i have no idea,well yea i do know as ive read plenty of your posts

Flagrante

" … my grandchildren won’t be getting jabbed … their parents aren’t so why should they …"

Just as a matter of interest, if your grandchildren choose to be vaccinated at some point would their parents stop them? Possible dilemma for future years.

Bristol

"My youngest just turned 12, he's booked in for Jan 16th. No brainer.his choice or yours

It’s a parents choice and you don’t know his child’s medical history i just wonderd if it was his choice or his childs why u felt the need to jump to his defence i have no idea,well yea i do know as ive read plenty of your posts"

It’s a free and open forum

And we all know your take on things but again it’s an open forum so carry on

Bristol

"My youngest just turned 12, he's booked in for Jan 16th. No brainer.

I wonder will you say that if in years to come they'll have found that fertility is seriously affected or particular cancers on the rise which takes these so-called vaccines off the market?

Plenty of meds taken off the shelves after 10 years of being sold - and these particular vaccines are still under emergency authorisation which have not fully gone through all stages of trial!"

medds are taken off the shelf when a better one is developed

"

"

For that reason alone?

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

My children are older than that age bracket.

My 20 year old decided to get the vaccine so he could go on holiday.

My 17 year old had covid over Christmas (recovering well) but might have it when he can so he can go on holiday.

My 16 year old had it in October but doesn't want the vaccine because she's worried about the effects on her body in later life.

Dublin

"My children are older than that age bracket.

My 17 year old had covid over Christmas (recovering well) but might have it when he can so he can go on holiday.

My 16 year old had it in October but doesn't want the vaccine because she's worried about the effects on her body in later life.

"

Now this is interesting because they are at an age where they can decide, and it's good to see a variance in their decisions.

However a 5 year old isn't it able to make an informed decision...so then it is down to the parents and their wishes.

We have children at the lower age. And no, they will not be getting the vax. If they were at the upper range I'd let them decide. Mr is vax (partially) and I'm not so they're not in a biased household to be swaying them one way or another.

I’m fully vaccinated. My children have had all prior vaccinations. They are old enough to make their own decisions, and they’ve both said they aren’t having it yet.

I’m fully on board with their decision.

There’s so much evidence about the effect the vaccine has on women/cycles/hormones, we would all rather wait until there’s long term data.

Flagrante

Now this is interesting because they are at an age where they can decide, and it's good to see a variance in their decisions.

However a 5 year old isn't it able to make an informed decision...so then it is down to the parents and their wishes. "

There are also 7 other vaccinations that children are given by the age of 3 which obviously will need parental consent too. It's the way it's been for a very long time.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

However a 5 year old isn't it able to make an informed decision...so then it is down to the parents and their wishes. "

I 100% would not allow a young child to have it. I had covid myself over Christmas, I'm unvaccinated and survived. The only reason I would say to get a child vaccinated was if they had severe medical issues.

By *outhlondon_guyMan  over a year ago

London

Plenty of meds taken off the shelves after 10 years of being sold - and these particular vaccines are still under emergency authorisation which have not fully gone through all stages of trial!"

And your evidence for fertility issues is........

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

No i wont until they can prove that it significantly reduces the spread then i see no reason too. I know there have been cases of children being hospitalised but its very rare. I know lots of children who have had it and it has been extremely mild and majority of time some didn't even know they had it.

So for me there is no real benefit in vaccinating children for only 3 months peak immunity.

Plenty of meds taken off the shelves after 10 years of being sold - and these particular vaccines are still under emergency authorisation which have not fully gone through all stages of trial!

And your evidence for fertility issues is........"

75% of the women I know had hormonal changes/cycle issues after the vaccine.

Dublin

However a 5 year old isn't it able to make an informed decision...so then it is down to the parents and their wishes.

There are also 7 other vaccinations that children are given by the age of 3 which obviously will need parental consent too. It's the way it's been for a very long time."

Difference is those vacinnes have been as you say there for a very long time.So we have more research on how those vacinnes have performed over time. This one is different, we have no data beyond 18months usage for these vacinnes. So it's hard to compare them to current vacinnes for other conditions.

Flagrante

There are also 7 other vaccinations that children are given by the age of 3 which obviously will need parental consent too. It's the way it's been for a very long time.

Difference is those vacinnes have been as you say there for a very long time.So we have more research on how those vacinnes have performed over time. This one is different, we have no data beyond 18months usage for these vacinnes. So it's hard to compare them to current vacinnes for other conditions. "

Long term data now maybe but less so when originally introduced I'm guessing. I was just making the point that parental consent for vaccinations isnt a new thing so each will have their decisions to make.

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

I think they are too young to need it

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"

That's a good spread.

My 21 year old is booked in tomorrow.

My 19 year old still values my opinion (on some things) and said he wasn't going to a few weeks ago. I suspect uni and school students are going to take the brunt of any restrictions that are coming so may suggest he thinks again as he has exams coming and doesn't need any extra crap from having to isolate even more.

If they were younger like in the op .. I'd probably say not, as right now it doesn't seem a huge benefit for that age group.

borehamwood

It’s a parents choice and you don’t know his child’s medical history i just wonderd if it was his choice or his childs why u felt the need to jump to his defence i have no idea,well yea i do know as ive read plenty of your posts

It’s a free and open forum

And we all know your take on things but again it’s an open forum so carry on "

oh you all know my take on things lol what are they then?still didnt answer why u had to jump to his defence though?any im off out catch u later sweetheart

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

75% of the women I know had hormonal changes/cycle issues after the vaccine."

The menstrual cycle is part of your immune system. Having a vaccination is a jolt to your immune system, jolting it into life, so it not surprising that they temporary change to the menstrual cycle is seen sometimes. Natural covid infection can cause the exact same thing. No evidence so far of any of the vaccines causing longterm menstrual problems. There is some early evidence of natural covid infection effecting male and female fertility but this nowhere near proven yet though. What is proven is pregnant vaccinated women lose way less children and have less emergency early births. The women themselves have many times less chance of being serious ill in ICU. Parents and the children if able to make the decision, need to decide themselves. But they should decide using facts and data from reputable sources, multiple if possible, not stuff written by karen on Facebook or BS spread by grifters looking for clickbait or looking to sell their latest snake oil.

By *rMrsRichCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouh

The menstrual cycle is part of your immune system. Having a vaccination is a jolt to your immune system, jolting it into life, so it not surprising that they temporary change to the menstrual cycle is seen sometimes. Natural covid infection can cause the exact same thing. No evidence so far of any of the vaccines causing longterm menstrual problems. There is some early evidence of natural covid infection effecting male and female fertility but this nowhere near proven yet though. What is proven is pregnant vaccinated women lose way less children and have less emergency early births. The women themselves have many times less chance of being serious ill in ICU. Parents and the children if able to make the decision, need to decide themselves. But they should decide using facts and data from reputable sources, multiple if possible, not stuff written by karen on Facebook or BS spread by grifters looking for clickbait or looking to sell their latest snake oil. "

Or they could decide entirely based on how they feel about it. While I understand why everyone keeps going on about how everyone should be getting all their info from reputable sources, people should be able to make a decision on whatever justification they choose. Maybe they have a gut feeling? Maybe Aunty died after it? Maybe they’ve had covid and it was barely a sniffle.

It’s honestly up to them. You’ve just said they should ‘decide themselves’ and then gone on to tell them how to decide and the ‘correct’ information they should use to make that decision….?

Bournemouh

"Hell no am I taking an experimental biological agent misrepresented as a vaccine which as a rule of thumb generally stops you getting a disease and transmitting it, particularly with the unethical methods it is being "sold" under to an apparently democratic society.

Why in the name of f**k would I subject any of my children to it - particularly when they are not a risk group for severe disease of Covid?!

To "protect" my elderly relatives, or your elderly relatives?! You can eff right off - my children will not ever be used or potentially exposed to unknown adverse reactions in years to come to protect others!!!

I'm interested, what's your medical background to make such pronouncements "

Why would he need a medical background to determine that he doesn’t want his kids to have it?

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

So glad I dont have little ones! As would b torn as to what to do! I had my booster booked for yesterday have been so worried about it i cancelled it some kind of instinct is telling me not to have it maybe I'm just crazy! But im gonna listen to it and not have booster! If I had to decide for little ones I dont think I would cope with that responsibility ! One of my granddaughters who is 25 has decided not to have it and I fully support her decision x

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

My children are older than that bracket so I let them decide. One has had one jab, once decided against it mainly for a needle phobia.

Tin town

The menstrual cycle is part of your immune system. Having a vaccination is a jolt to your immune system, jolting it into life, so it not surprising that they temporary change to the menstrual cycle is seen sometimes. Natural covid infection can cause the exact same thing. No evidence so far of any of the vaccines causing longterm menstrual problems. There is some early evidence of natural covid infection effecting male and female fertility but this nowhere near proven yet though. What is proven is pregnant vaccinated women lose way less children and have less emergency early births. The women themselves have many times less chance of being serious ill in ICU. Parents and the children if able to make the decision, need to decide themselves. But they should decide using facts and data from reputable sources, multiple if possible, not stuff written by karen on Facebook or BS spread by grifters looking for clickbait or looking to sell their latest snake oil.

Or they could decide entirely based on how they feel about it. While I understand why everyone keeps going on about how everyone should be getting all their info from reputable sources, people should be able to make a decision on whatever justification they choose. Maybe they have a gut feeling? Maybe Aunty died after it? Maybe they’ve had covid and it was barely a sniffle.

It’s honestly up to them. You’ve just said they should ‘decide themselves’ and then gone on to tell them how to decide and the ‘correct’ information they should use to make that decision….? "

Very Well said. As for the "official" facts... Sometimes the analysis based on them are ywisted somewhat to suit the authors narrative. Regarding the facts about pregnancy as an example take a look at pages 28 to 30 in the weekly covid surveillance report. Which analyses premature and still births with and without.

It seems highly unlikely that most children won't be exposed to the virus in the coming days.

I'm not sure what a vaccination will achieve for them at this point?

By *adysueandneroCouple  over a year ago

witney

"OK this one is certainly gonna lighten up the forums for opinions.Please respect people's individual choices and articulate ones opinion without the need to insult others.

Ok so the portal is open for those aged between 5 and 11....Now many adults are vacinatted, are you going to get your children vacinated if they fall between those ages? Would be interesting to know how many adults are happy to be vacinatted but who won't vacinate their children. Please no insulting now ok."

Everyones medical history is private including children so would not expect parents to disclose this information.

Durham

"It seems highly unlikely that most children won't be exposed to the virus in the coming days.

I'm not sure what a vaccination will achieve for them at this point?"

I do agree with you pretty much the virus is rife now, but doesn't mean they may need it in the future. The change of someone dying in the uk aged 1 to 12 is 4 in a million. The chance being seriously ill enough to be hospitalized is about 1 in 50000. These numbers are of course for unvaccinated.

Teesside

"It seems highly unlikely that most children won't be exposed to the virus in the coming days.

I'm not sure what a vaccination will achieve for them at this point?"

Got a surplus of jabs to get rid of before the expiry date?

Two older daughters one 28 she had the first two

Youngest daughter and her partner early 20s neither going to have it also got nieces refusing the vaccines. None of us at all having the booster jabs.

By *adysueandneroCouple  over a year ago

witney

"OK this one is certainly gonna lighten up the forums for opinions.Please respect people's individual choices and articulate ones opinion without the need to insult others.

Ok so the portal is open for those aged between 5 and 11....Now many adults are vacinatted, are you going to get your children vacinated if they fall between those ages? Would be interesting to know how many adults are happy to be vacinatted but who won't vacinate their children. Please no insulting now ok.

Everyones medical history is private including children so would not expect parents to disclose this information."

Also could fab be breaking privacy laws by allowing said information to be made public?

I do agree with you pretty much the virus is rife now, but doesn't mean they may need it in the future. The change of someone dying in the uk aged 1 to 12 is 4 in a million. The chance being seriously ill enough to be hospitalized is about 1 in 50000. These numbers are of course for unvaccinated. "

Yes but most likely there will be a different vaccine for the future. Arguably it's sensible to wait for that.

The last figures I saw for the efficacy of one jab against Omicron weren't great.

By *antona33Man  over a year ago

collon

And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Will be next

Will be next

Will be nexxxxxxt

Disgraceful carry on

The menstrual cycle is part of your immune system. Having a vaccination is a jolt to your immune system, jolting it into life, so it not surprising that they temporary change to the menstrual cycle is seen sometimes. Natural covid infection can cause the exact same thing. No evidence so far of any of the vaccines causing longterm menstrual problems. There is some early evidence of natural covid infection effecting male and female fertility but this nowhere near proven yet though. What is proven is pregnant vaccinated women lose way less children and have less emergency early births. The women themselves have many times less chance of being serious ill in ICU. Parents and the children if able to make the decision, need to decide themselves. But they should decide using facts and data from reputable sources, multiple if possible, not stuff written by karen on Facebook or BS spread by grifters looking for clickbait or looking to sell their latest snake oil. "

Is the menstrual cycle part of the immune system?

I was taught at school that the menstrual cycle is part of the female reproductive system.

Of course there is no evidence so far of any of the vaccines causing 'long term' menstrual problems because the vaccines have only been out for a short period of time.

My wife has menstruated immediately following each of the vaccines.

The illness caused also her to.

Obviously not an issue for children but understandable that it gives mothers pause for thought as to what impact it has on the body.

Tin town

"So glad I dont have little ones! As would b torn as to what to do! I had my booster booked for yesterday have been so worried about it i cancelled it some kind of instinct is telling me not to have it maybe I'm just crazy! But im gonna listen to it and not have booster! If I had to decide for little ones I dont think I would cope with that responsibility ! One of my granddaughters who is 25 has decided not to have it and I fully support her decision x"

It's funny how the mind works... I was fine with my first 2 but wobbled a lot for my 3rd... But 3 weeks ago decided it was the lesser of 2 evils. when it comes to the 4th... No idea how I will feel. There's lots about the approach that doesnt feel right to me and I think for many it may be as simple as addressing and acknowledging people's concerns and questions in a respectful and well communicated and easy to access way. Just repeating the mantra and shouting at people I think is counter productive. I mean take the above... Saying there is no evidence it effects menstrual cycle long term to someone who has direct experience of just such evidence is not resolving the concern. I mean having your cycle become painful and fucked up for nearly a year is absolutely not normal for some people....

By *andering Welsh GuyMan  over a year ago

All over the place

I'm vaccinated but no way is my three year old getting a jab

Teesside

It's usually dismissed as a statistical anomaly and you're made to look like a "crazy tin foil hatter" for suggesting it was caused by the vaccine.

My eldest 2 are teenagers and are both opting to have it but can't til the end of January due to having had covid back in October. My 10 year daughter doesn't want it, so she won't be having it. I have had all 3

"

I was taught at school that the menstrual cycle is part of the female reproductive system.

Of course there is no evidence so far of any of the vaccines causing 'long term' menstrual problems because the vaccines have only been out for a short period of time."

Cyclic remodeling of the endometrium is an inflammatory process. Hardly groundbreaking physiology.

Tin town

Of course there is no evidence so far of any of the vaccines causing 'long term' menstrual problems because the vaccines have only been out for a short period of time."

Well indeed... If one is playing the "no long term evidence of" card one can follow that statement with "effect", "harm" or "safety" whichever suits your argument.

Flagrante

"I'm vaccinated but no way is my three year old getting a jab "

No, it's over 5's

In 0 years we'll know that covid can severely reduce fertility in about 1-2% of unvaccinated cases. Because you die.

Dublin

In 0 years we'll know that covid can severely reduce fertility in about 1-2% of unvaccinated cases. Because you die."

Except that's not true is it, there isn't 1% or 2% of unvacvinated people who are catching Covid dying. There are people dying that are vacinated and unvacinated,it's not 1 or 2% though at all. So another nonsense post.

Tin town

In 0 years we'll know that covid can severely reduce fertility in about 1-2% of unvaccinated cases. Because you die."

Possibly... But not sure the fertility rate of the over 70s is something we really need to worry about.

"Hell no am I taking an experimental biological agent misrepresented as a vaccine which as a rule of thumb generally stops you getting a disease and transmitting it, particularly with the unethical methods it is being "sold" under to an apparently democratic society.

Why in the name of f**k would I subject any of my children to it - particularly when they are not a risk group for severe disease of Covid?!

To "protect" my elderly relatives, or your elderly relatives?! You can eff right off - my children will not ever be used or potentially exposed to unknown adverse reactions in years to come to protect others!!!

I'm interested, what's your medical background to make such pronouncements

Why would he need a medical background to determine that he doesn’t want his kids to have it?

I don't think they were saying that anyone does.

It was more this "Hell no am I taking an experimental biological agent misrepresented as a vaccine"

This is just proper tinfoiler speak. The OP asked a question is there anyone vaccinated that wasn't or was going to allow their 5 to 12 year old children to be vaccinated.

But again why would he need a medical background to have that opinion? Whether or not you think it’s tinfoiler speak. It’s still double standards. If someone posted something along the lines of “everyone should take the vaccine because it’s perfectly safe” while not being factually correct it is still the general viewpoint of a huge majority so you’d just scroll on.

Yet someone gives an opinion which is entirely theirs, but isn’t of the viewpoint of the majority people demand what right they have to say it, what qualifications they have to make such claims, what are their sources, provide me some links etc etc.

By all means have an opposing viewpoint and state as much. But I still don’t see why he’d need any kind of medical background to make any kind of claim on a forum of a swingers site.

I pretty much agree no medicine or vaccine is totally safe. What is factually correct is it safer to take the vaccine than it is to catch covid unvaccinated, there is reams and reams of data to back this up. This is true for all ages , of course as you get younger the advantages of vaccination get smaller but they don't disappear even in 5 year Olds. I agree the people and their children should have the choice to be vaccinated,but they do being aware of the facts and numbers."

Knowing there are reams and reams of data has put my mind at rest.

PS You forgot to add the peer reviewed bit

In 0 years we'll know that covid can severely reduce fertility in about 1-2% of unvaccinated cases. Because you die.

Possibly... But not sure the fertility rate of the over 70s is something we really need to worry about. "

True, but the fertility rate of our children is definitely something we need to be concerned about.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Think it could be a great time to open a dialogue with children regarding vaccine and general health awareness.

Obviously, 3 year olds are for mum and dad to decide.

For me, a healthy young child with no pre existing health issues it would be a no at this stage but it's for each mum and dad to decide and if unsure have a word with your GP, skype consultation will be fine.

A sex site is probably not the best venue to get advice.

Tin town

Possibly... But not sure the fertility rate of the over 70s is something we really need to worry about.

True, but the fertility rate of our children is definitely something we need to be concerned about."

Amen

Durham

True, but the fertility rate of our children is definitely something we need to be concerned about."

We do so sure so surely they would vaccinated ?

Tin town

"Think it could be a great time to open a dialogue with children regarding vaccine and general health awareness.

For me, a healthy young child with no pre existing health issues it would be a no at this stage but it's for each mum and dad to decide and if unsure have a word with your GP, skype consultation will be fine.

"

General health awareness... Now there's an interesting national discussion to invest in that might be in everyone's interests.

Teesside

"Think it could be a great time to open a dialogue with children regarding vaccine and general health awareness.

General health awareness... Now there's an interesting national discussion to invest in that might be in everyone's interests. "

2 years too late? Not like our government to drop the ball

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"No, my children will not be vaccinated against Covid.

They are fully up to date with all other vaccinations.

My eldest son chose to be vaccinated (he’s 24) and is currently the only one in our household to be currently suffering from Covid. Go figure "

He's 24 and in the age group most likely to have covid at the moment. Also, he's likely to have the Omicron variant which the vaccine was never designed to fight. The vaccines resulted in antibodies that targeted the structure of spike protein of the first variant and this has changed. However, his t-cells will have memory of parts of the spike protein and will attack the virus. Of course, this immune response isn't as quick as the antibody response which is why he's probably showing symptoms. Complex isn't it...

"

Not necessarily, ranitidine has been removed after links to blood clots. I was told this by a pharmacist.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"My eldest 2 are teenagers and are both opting to have it but can't til the end of January due to having had covid back in October. My 10 year daughter doesn't want it, so she won't be having it. I have had all 3

"

Mind me asking why she doesn't want it?

"General health awareness... Now there's an interesting national discussion to invest in that might be in everyone's interests. "

Except most people will quickly lose interest.

That surge of people cycling, walking, getting fit in the first lockdown when it was thought that being overweight might be a risk factor.

Didn't last long.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

We are very pro vaccine, however, with the rapidly developing situation with omicrom I might be of tbe opinion to defer vaccination of young children for a few more weeks and try to limit their exposure as much as possible in the meanwhile either until it becomes clearer what the medium term after effects of omicron or if a specific vaccine becomes available.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Yes, subject to their informed, educated agreement and consent. Very safe vaccines, that have approaching 10 billion doses administered, with safety and efficacy testing behind them. I trust my loved children to do what they assess as correct for them.

Only one person we know who is double vaxxed that has had covid had an easy ride with it. The rest were all really ill and almost hospitalised. We are unvaxxed and currently have covid, we're finding it's just like a bad cold.

As for J's daughter, she's 13 and decided herself to get the vaccine.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"So glad I dont have little ones! As would b torn as to what to do! I had my booster booked for yesterday have been so worried about it i cancelled it some kind of instinct is telling me not to have it maybe I'm just crazy! But im gonna listen to it and not have booster! If I had to decide for little ones I dont think I would cope with that responsibility ! One of my granddaughters who is 25 has decided not to have it and I fully support her decision x

It's funny how the mind works... I was fine with my first 2 but wobbled a lot for my 3rd... But 3 weeks ago decided it was the lesser of 2 evils. when it comes to the 4th... No idea how I will feel. There's lots about the approach that doesnt feel right to me and I think for many it may be as simple as addressing and acknowledging people's concerns and questions in a respectful and well communicated and easy to access way. Just repeating the mantra and shouting at people I think is counter productive. I mean take the above... Saying there is no evidence it effects menstrual cycle long term to someone who has direct experience of just such evidence is not resolving the concern. I mean having your cycle become painful and fucked up for nearly a year is absolutely not normal for some people.... "

Yes this is why grandauter decided against it as was worried how it might affect her fertility x

Tin town

"General health awareness... Now there's an interesting national discussion to invest in that might be in everyone's interests.

Except most people will quickly lose interest.

That surge of people cycling, walking, getting fit in the first lockdown when it was thought that being overweight might be a risk factor.

Didn't last long."

Well true... Although not sure there was ever very much of a national debate or action... As elvis the great physician, like nostradamus said... A little less Conversation a little more action.

Interested to see this today...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59854919

About thousands needing NHS treatment thanks to lockdown activities... There's no free lunch.

Bournemouh

[Removed by poster at 03/01/22 13:42:21]

Bournemouh

I do agree with you pretty much the virus is rife now, but doesn't mean they may need it in the future. The change of someone dying in the uk aged 1 to 12 is 4 in a million. The chance being seriously ill enough to be hospitalized is about 1 in 50000. These numbers are of course for unvaccinated. "

Just as an FYI the statement I made in quotations was just an example. I wasn’t making any reference to what is true and factual and/or proven by data or anything like that. I was simply showing the huge difference in the expectations of people when met with opinions they do or don’t agree with.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

There's quite a few pretty dangerous and potentially damaging posts on this thread. Amazed it's still open.

"There's quite a few pretty dangerous and potentially damaging posts on this thread. Amazed it's still open. "

Which ones?

And dangerous to who?

Tin town

"There's quite a few pretty dangerous and potentially damaging posts on this thread. Amazed it's still open. "

I thought it was in danger of a healthy discussion breaking out for a change

[Removed by poster at 03/01/22 14:06:13]

Tin town

"

Or perhaps also when they stop making money out of them when they go to generic manufacturers/suppliers.

"There's quite a few pretty dangerous and potentially damaging posts on this thread. Amazed it's still open.

.. "

@Backformore100.

You must feel like Sisyphus, forever pushing the boulder up the great hill to have fair and open discussion on Virus forum.

Tin town

"There's quite a few pretty dangerous and potentially damaging posts on this thread. Amazed it's still open.

@Backformore100.

You must feel like Sisyphus, forever pushing the boulder up the great hill to have fair and open discussion on Virus forum.

"

Or was it Kate Bush...

@Backformore100.

Or was it Kate Bush... "

True, but the fertility rate of our children is definitely something we need to be concerned about.

We do so sure so surely they would vaccinated ?"

Is there any data on the effect COVID vaccines have on fertility in children?

.. "

That is why it is seen by some as "pretty dangerous and potentially damaging".

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Vaccinations have gone through all stages of development and trial. Work was just done in parallel and benefited from massive investment and focus.

https://youtu.be/l6gtl6EXuTE

Every drug and vaccine that we have ever received passed through the same steps and will probably had far smaller scale trials. Covid trial volunteer rates were exceptionally high and covered a broad range of the population.

Ask the question, then check the answer rather than making an assumption from the use of words in normal life rather than a specialist case.

Tin town

We do so sure so surely they would vaccinated ?

Is there any data on the effect COVID vaccines have on fertility in children?"

This is not anything to do with your question so apologies ... But there is access to the ons data on deaths for the last 2 years that you can drop into excel and have a noodle around with here which may be of interest ...

https://www.ons.gov.uk/datasets/weekly-deaths-age-sex/editions/covid-19/versions/64

West London

Ok so the portal is open for those aged between 5 and 11....Now many adults are vacinatted, are you going to get your children vacinated if they fall between those ages? Would be interesting to know how many adults are happy to be vacinatted but who won't vacinate their children. Please no insulting now ok."

Will have a look at what trial data there is.

There is no, inherent reason, why a vaccine generating an antibody response is any different to getting the disease.

The decision on vaccination is if there is an individual benefit with a societal benefit secondary.

If both are benefits then pretty clear.

Depends on age and understanding of individual children of whatever age as to the decision process.

West London

Interesting all the discussion about "fertility" as it is the most likely to be emotive and produce a fear response.

Drugs, medicines and vaccinations have never been trialled for an entire generation or even a decade before introduction.

Why is "fertility" a particular concern for Covid vaccinations and why would we apply new processes now?

West London

Fertility and miscarriage claims for the vaccine:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57552527.amp

You can use "feelings" and "instincts" but as most people have no daily experience of global pandemics and understanding population sized data sets we tend to trust our own immediate experience which is tiny and biased depending on our point of view.

If you are going to trust someone better someone with real knowledge, hence the best advice being to use data with the warnings and errors understood and not try and reinterpret it yourself.

Durham

Not necessarily, ranitidine has been removed after links to blood clots. I was told this by a pharmacist."

It wasn't the drug itself it was a trace chemical left over from manufacturing process that was reclassified as possibly cancer causing to humans so was removed from sale.

My 12 year old has had the first one. As for my six year old, if it was offered I think his dad and I would need to have a discussion about it and make a decision from there.

I stated IF

According to Dr Christina Parks based on a modelling study referenced below. If this isn't investigated those of you taking the vaccine "may" be continuously with every shot you take, harm your own body.

New evidence is showing that the mRNA vaccines may reprogram the immune system in ways that are permissive for cancer growth. Even more worrying, this new modeling study shows that the spike protein has a high affinity for the anti-cancer proteins, p53 and BRCA 1/2. These data show that it is likely that the spike protein (produced by the vaccines) may be binding to and inactivating these tumor-suppressor genes in the body. p53 is perhaps the gene whose activity is the most important in the body for preventing cancer. Its role is to make sure that all damage to DNA has been properly repaired prior to cell division. If damage is too extensive to be repaired, it signals the cell to commit suicide. BRCA 1/2 play a similar role in breast tissue. Clearly, the inactivation of these genes will lead to cells with DNA mutations continuing to divide and prosper, one of the most important steps in the development of cancer. More research to determine if these interactions are actually taking place in the cells of people with Covid or who have been vaccinated is urgently needed. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7324311/"

Maybe I'm missing it but that study doesn't appear to have anything to do with the claims you make?

"

I stated IF

According to Dr Christina Parks based on a modelling study referenced below. If this isn't investigated those of you taking the vaccine "may" be continuously with every shot you take, harm your own body.

New evidence is showing that the mRNA vaccines may reprogram the immune system in ways that are permissive for cancer growth. Even more worrying, this new modeling study shows that the spike protein has a high affinity for the anti-cancer proteins, p53 and BRCA 1/2. These data show that it is likely that the spike protein (produced by the vaccines) may be binding to and inactivating these tumor-suppressor genes in the body. p53 is perhaps the gene whose activity is the most important in the body for preventing cancer. Its role is to make sure that all damage to DNA has been properly repaired prior to cell division. If damage is too extensive to be repaired, it signals the cell to commit suicide. BRCA 1/2 play a similar role in breast tissue. Clearly, the inactivation of these genes will lead to cells with DNA mutations continuing to divide and prosper, one of the most important steps in the development of cancer. More research to determine if these interactions are actually taking place in the cells of people with Covid or who have been vaccinated is urgently needed. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7324311/"

There's a couple of problems with this utter word salad.

1) in silico bioinformatic analysis is not in vivo. 2) it's discussing viral spike protein. Which you'd find when infected 3) the mRNA vaccines have two proline amino acid residues inserted which will affect the conformation and behaviour of the protein. Might want to study some basic proteomics.

This is why copying and pasting stuff from your QAnon telegram groups is rather pointless.

Vaccinations have gone through all stages of development and trial. Work was just done in parallel and benefited from massive investment and focus.

Every drug and vaccine that we have ever received passed through the same steps and will probably had far smaller scale trials. Covid trial volunteer rates were exceptionally high and covered a broad range of the population.

Ask the question, then check the answer rather than making an assumption from the use of words in normal life rather than a specialist case."

That is reassuring. So there is no need to have any concerns regarding the medicine approval process, in particular the expedited approval pathway?

all around

Ask the question, then check the answer rather than making an assumption from the use of words in normal life rather than a specialist case.

That is reassuring. So there is no need to have any concerns regarding the medicine approval process, in particular the expedited approval pathway?"

Never in the history of mankind has there been such a rapid, thorough and transparent review of any treatment placed on the market.

Your fears are based on ?

Social media chatter ?

Teesside

That is reassuring. So there is no need to have any concerns regarding the medicine approval process, in particular the expedited approval pathway?

Never in the history of mankind has there been such a rapid, thorough and transparent review of any treatment placed on the market.

Social media chatter ?"

Why does it always have to be down to social media?

I rarely use social media, I have issue with the conflicting advice issued regarding mixing of the different vaccines. It's unsafe one minute then next everyone is just expected to get it? Yes the research is moving fast but who's to say that guidance won't change again tomorrow? Given the cluster fuck this government has made of this whole thing and its guidance on everything being all over the place, I can't blame anyone for feeling the same.

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

75% of the women I know had hormonal changes/cycle issues after the vaccine."

This is because the reproductive hormones are part of the immune system.

A lot of vaccines can effect periods etc so not a new thing at all.

By *r and Miss MischiefCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

You do know there are no long term clinical studies on the long term adverse affects of these vaccines to confirm that they are going to be safe long term especially as billions of people have taken them worldwide! I appreciate all vaccines carry a degree of risk but the risks of long term effects are simply unknown! Is that something you can acknowledge and accept? If you can accept this then you can understand that this is one the main reasons why many people won’t allow their children to be jabbed amongst many other reasons! I can name many.

Tin town

This is because the reproductive hormones are part of the immune system.

A lot of vaccines can effect periods etc so not a new thing at all. "

So ..are you saying the following...?

Reproductive hormones are part of the immune system... So therefore..

A lot of vaccines can effect periods...

The covid vaccines can effect periods...and reproductive hormones... But because it happens with other vaccines, no need for any concern or research into the consequences of that?

Would this not have been seen for example with the flu vaccines...?

all around

Social media chatter ?Why does it always have to be down to social media?

I rarely use social media, I have issue with the conflicting advice issued regarding mixing of the different vaccines. It's unsafe one minute then next everyone is just expected to get it? Yes the research is moving fast but who's to say that guidance won't change again tomorrow? Given the cluster fuck this government has made of this whole thing and its guidance on everything being all over the place, I can't blame anyone for feeling the same."

If your looking for specific medical advice then you should probably speak to your GP rather than what you may have heard somewhere relating to the government.

Science is learning about the virus everyday and vaccine trials have been ongoing since the virus was sequenced so can you really expect to understand everything about it ?

Bournemouh

I rarely use social media, I have issue with the conflicting advice issued regarding mixing of the different vaccines. It's unsafe one minute then next everyone is just expected to get it? Yes the research is moving fast but who's to say that guidance won't change again tomorrow? Given the cluster fuck this government has made of this whole thing and its guidance on everything being all over the place, I can't blame anyone for feeling the same."

You have no obligation to justify your fears to anyone! Even if your fears are based on the most irrational justification ever you have the right to feel them.

"A lot of vaccines can effect periods etc so not a new thing at all. "

Which ones?

West London

"You do know there are no long term clinical studies on the long term adverse affects of these vaccines to confirm that they are going to be safe long term especially as billions of people have taken them worldwide! I appreciate all vaccines carry a degree of risk but the risks of long term effects are simply unknown! Is that something you can acknowledge and accept? If you can accept this then you can understand that this is one the main reasons why many people won’t allow their children to be jabbed amongst many other reasons! I can name many."

Absolutely, there are no "long term" studies because there has been no long term.

However, this is how all medicines are tested and introduced. Part of that process is the clinicians understanding what is brand new (higher risk) and what is a development of something already in wide use (lower risk).

Have you taken this into account with every medicine that you've ever been prescribed?

Why should anyone be more sensitive about this than anything else?

West London

The medical advice does not come from the Government. The final decision on whether to act on it or not does. They are balancing medical advice with politics and economics.

Social media chatter ?"

Who mentioned fear? I said concerns.

My concerns are based on what I have read.

West London

That is reassuring. So there is no need to have any concerns regarding the medicine approval process, in particular the expedited approval pathway?"

Are you concerned about any other medicine that has been approved?

Have you ever researched and declined anything else?

I am not concerned because I am not a clinician and have no, even vaguely reliable, information to second guess them.

Look up what the Emergency Use Authorisation is. The only difference, in this instance, is that clinicians could use the data as it came in rather than waiting until everything was completed. This allowed them to gain confidence with a much larger data set, faster than a normal trial. Safety monitoring is the same as a normal process.

What are your concerns about the process undertaken? Not your perception, but with what actually took place compared to any other medicine or vaccine?

By *otBunsHunWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I let my eldest (13) choose, she decided to have it. My youngest is only 16 months but it would be a no.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

We take our kids away on holiday so was black mailed into being the vaccine.

West London

"We take our kids away on holiday so was black mailed into being the vaccine.

"

"Black mailed"? Like being "black mailed" into putting them into a car seat or wearing a seat belt?

On balance then, a holiday was more important than health concerns? That implies, that the health concern was not particularly significant, doesn't it?

Cumbria

"Black mailed"? Like being "black mailed" into putting them into a car seat or wearing a seat belt?

On balance then, a holiday was more important than health concerns? That implies, that the health concern was not particularly significant, doesn't it?"

Is that the same No car crash are kid killers and covid is not..

Living is more important than a life of fear and living in fear they are older (teens) and was given choices as we are pro-choices.

Teesside

On balance then, a holiday was more important than health concerns? That implies, that the health concern was not particularly significant, doesn't it?

Is that the same No car crash are kid killers and covid is not..

Living is more important than a life of fear and living in fear they are older (teens) and was given choices as we are pro-choices.

"

Don't you know that if you don't want to force vaccines into people you are a murderer? How dare you

Cumbria

[Removed by poster at 03/01/22 21:11:36]

Cumbria

On balance then, a holiday was more important than health concerns? That implies, that the health concern was not particularly significant, doesn't it?"

So have sex behind your wife back and risking STD is ok then need to have a look around your glass house before chucking them stones.

I believe STD kill more people every year than covid..

Teesside

So have sex behind your wife back and risking STD is ok then need to have a look around your glass house before chucking them stones.

I believe STD kill more people every year than covid.."

Gotta love people in those glass houses lobbing those morality bricks around

Cumbria

I believe STD kill more people every year than covid..Gotta love people in those glass houses lobbing those morality bricks around "

I am not telling people how to live try it.

it frees you from worries.

Teesside

I believe STD kill more people every year than covid..Gotta love people in those glass houses lobbing those morality bricks around

it frees you from worries."

I was more talking about who you were replying too but good luck with that

I am not concerned because I am not a clinician and have no, even vaguely reliable, information to second guess them.

Look up what the Emergency Use Authorisation is. The only difference, in this instance, is that clinicians could use the data as it came in rather than waiting until everything was completed. This allowed them to gain confidence with a much larger data set, faster than a normal trial. Safety monitoring is the same as a normal process.

What are your concerns about the process undertaken? Not your perception, but with what actually took place compared to any other medicine or vaccine?"

My concerns include, but are not limited to, the following:

Limited evidence at time of conditional approval.

Post-authorisation studies.

Independent scrutiny.

Cumbria

I believe STD kill more people every year than covid..Gotta love people in those glass houses lobbing those morality bricks around

it frees you from worries.I was more talking about who you were replying too but good luck with that "

Ok sorry for that.

Teesside

it frees you from worries.I was more talking about who you were replying too but good luck with that

Ok sorry for that. "

No worries

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

I’m not convinced it’s such a no brainer. Risk of Covid vs risk of vaccine is much more finely balanced in the young. I’m pro vaccine but I’m increasingly questioning the wisdom of administering the Covid vaccines to those under 20, perhaps even 30.

West London

it frees you from worries."

Teesside

A holiday can be a life saver in troubling times from a mental health aspect alone.

Cumbria

No health concern to be fair just would have not taken the vaccine bid not feel we as a family need it as we live a healthy lifestyle and covid has not been a killer of younger healthy people would be far better sending vaccine to the people in need around the world rather than some people who what to sit in the sun for a couple of weeks..

West London

What are your concerns about the process undertaken? Not your perception, but with what actually took place compared to any other medicine or vaccine?

Independent scrutiny."

Sounds like a complaint letter to customer services.

One year later, with more and more data supporting the vaccines safety what independent body is acceptable to you?

West London

On balance then, a holiday was more important than health concerns? That implies, that the health concern was not particularly significant, doesn't it?A holiday can be a life saver in troubling times from a mental health aspect alone."

It needs to be abroad?

Starting to stretch here, aren't we?

Cumbria

Independent scrutiny.

One year later, with more and more data supporting the vaccines safety what independent body is acceptable to you?"

No, the vaccine has proven more pointless as covid gets less damage.

West London

I’m not convinced it’s such a no brainer. Risk of Covid vs risk of vaccine is much more finely balanced in the young. I’m pro vaccine but I’m increasingly questioning the wisdom of administering the Covid vaccines to those under 20, perhaps even 30. "

Agreed at younger ages.

20-30 year olds made up 20% of hospital admissions in the US in September last year, before the vaccine rollout...

West London

Independent scrutiny.

One year later, with more and more data supporting the vaccines safety what independent body is acceptable to you?

No, the vaccine has proven more pointless as covid gets less damage. "

The vaccine has reduced the severity of the illness when caught.

Covid is less damaging (on average) because of the vaccines. However, if you are unvaccinated you remain far more likely to be hospitalised. Those are the statistics.Does that make sense to you?

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Independent scrutiny.

No, the vaccine has proven more pointless as covid gets less damage.

The vaccine has reduced the severity of the illness when caught.

Covid is less damaging (on average) because of the vaccines. However, if you are unvaccinated you remain far more likely to be hospitalised. Those are the statistics.Does that make sense to you?"

Sense may not be what some people desire.

Reinforcement of their belief or bias maybe more relevant to them.

Independent scrutiny.

One year later, with more and more data supporting the vaccines safety what independent body is acceptable to you?"

Actually it is from a document, written by some doctors, that I found on Twitter.

Teesside

On balance then, a holiday was more important than health concerns? That implies, that the health concern was not particularly significant, doesn't it?A holiday can be a life saver in troubling times from a mental health aspect alone.

It needs to be abroad?

Starting to stretch here, aren't we?"

Not in the slightest, the weather plays a massive part in people's mental health.

I've been on multiple holidays this year. Both british and abroad. No local hols have felt as good as sitting in the sun next to a pool with a cocktail in my hand. The atmosphere alone is world's apart.

So yes, I understand the need to go abroad. I also topped up my Vitamin D, win win

West London

On balance then, a holiday was more important than health concerns? That implies, that the health concern was not particularly significant, doesn't it?A holiday can be a life saver in troubling times from a mental health aspect alone.

It needs to be abroad?

Starting to stretch here, aren't we?Not in the slightest, the weather plays a massive part in people's mental health.

I've been on multiple holidays this year. Both british and abroad. No local hols have felt as good as sitting in the sun next to a pool with a cocktail in my hand. The atmosphere alone is world's apart.

So yes, I understand the need to go abroad. I also topped up my Vitamin D, win win "

We also know that you said yourself that argue on here about vaccinations just to annoy people.

What makes people happy is strange indeed.

Enjoy

West London

Independent scrutiny.

Actually it is from a document, written by some doctors, that I found on Twitter.

"

Ah. Verified on Twitter written be "some doctors"

Independent scrutiny.

'Verified on Twitter written be "some doctors"'

Why do you feel the need to mock what I say?

Does it have to be peer reviewed?

Teesside

It needs to be abroad?

Starting to stretch here, aren't we?Not in the slightest, the weather plays a massive part in people's mental health.

So yes, I understand the need to go abroad. I also topped up my Vitamin D, win win

We also know that you said yourself that argue on here about vaccinations just to annoy people.

Enjoy "

....and you're on here behind your wifes back. We all get our thrills where we can

I'm on here to poke fun at how serious the pro vaccine crowd take it. It amuses me at how much they spew forth their dogma yet whinge about the opposite end of the scale and fling insults like they are going out of fashion. They are just as unwilling to see the others view point as the so called tin foil hatters.

Wish your wife a good night for me and the rest of fabswingers

West London

Independent scrutiny.

'Verified on Twitter written be "some doctors"'

Why do you feel the need to mock what I say?

Does it have to be peer reviewed?"

I don't have to. However, when your concerns come from Twitter and are unverifiable then perhaps you should think before writing?

You do not even know that they were "Doctors". Not quite the "gotcha" you'd hoped I guess.

Again: One year later, with more and more data supporting the vaccines safety what independent body is acceptable to you?

West London

It needs to be abroad?

Enjoy ....and you're on here behind your wifes back. We all get our thrills where we can

I'm on here to poke fun at how serious the pro vaccine crowd take it. It amuses me at how much they spew forth their dogma yet whinge about the opposite end of the scale and fling insults like they are going out of fashion. They are just as unwilling to see the others view point as the so called tin foil hatters.

Wish your wife a good night for me and the rest of fabswingers "

Ah, a personal attack, and absolutely relevant to a thread on Covid vaccination.

That's definitely added to your kudos

Bullying and name calling ALWAYS carry an argument. It's a good look

Teesside

It needs to be abroad?

Enjoy ....and you're on here behind your wifes back. We all get our thrills where we can

Wish your wife a good night for me and the rest of fabswingers

Ah, a personal attack, and absolutely relevant to a thread on Covid vaccination.

That's definitely added to your kudos

Bullying and name calling ALWAYS carry an argument. It's a good look "

If you think that was bullying then you've never experienced it in the slightest.

Your psuedo intellectual posts are always full of condescension and derision, don't try the high horse approach now your own morality is being questioned. Taste of your own medicine not feel so nice?

I'm done with this convo. Enjoy repeating your dogma over and over trying to make others feel bad.