FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Booster

Booster

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So like alot of people I'm isolating

As shit as it is, it's not about me it's about everyone else!!

My question is though does anyone know how soon after your isolating period can you have your booster?

Thanks in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *DCouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Okehampton

"So like alot of people I'm isolating

As shit as it is, it's not about me it's about everyone else!!

My question is though does anyone know how soon after your isolating period can you have your booster?

Thanks in advance

"

You can have your booster 4 weeks after you got covid.

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

Can someone explain the scientific logic behind getting a booster after acquiring natural infection?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Can someone explain the scientific logic behind getting a booster after acquiring natural infection? "

Don't even get me started on whats logical anymore , I tried so hard to work it out I've given myself covid lol

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

"Can someone explain the scientific logic behind getting a booster after acquiring natural infection? "

Natural infection provides a level of resistance to symptoms, whereas the booster carries a higher level of resistance to symptoms. It’s belt and braces.

Also if you’ve had one variant of Covid it’s currently unclear how that acquired temporary immunity provides protection against symptoms from other variants, so there is an additional benefit to the booster.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Natural infection immunity varies wildly both in strength and length of time.

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Once you have been infected with covid and have natural immunity the booster i would say is just a personal choice just like the yearly flu jab.

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

"Can someone explain the scientific logic behind getting a booster after acquiring natural infection?

Natural infection immunity varies wildly both in strength and length of time. "

Which is different to vaccine induced immunity how?

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Can someone explain the scientific logic behind getting a booster after acquiring natural infection?

Natural infection immunity varies wildly both in strength and length of time.

Which is different to vaccine induced immunity how?

"

There is a lot less variation in vaccine induced immunity.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The vaccines have a reasonably known standard of response, for those with and without prior infections, or for 2nd and booster doses.

This makes our natural responses to be more reliably predictable than following an infection, where our immune responses appear more variable.

The great news is that our immunity is especially strong, when this approach is taken - likely stronger than from infection or vaccination alone. Boosters provide outstanding levels of immunity and correspondingly even better than following an infection.

Remember, immunity after infection is variable, from low to higher. Vaccine driven immunity is more standard, at high levels, everything else being equal.

» Add a new message to this topic