FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > johnson and johnson

johnson and johnson

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lowstick66 OP   Man  over a year ago

m

i was looking on the gov site in the adverse reactions section but couldnt see anything on the johnson and johnson vaccine, have i missed something?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"i was looking on the gov site in the adverse reactions section but couldnt see anything on the johnson and johnson vaccine, have i missed something?"

I know it's licensed in the uk but know not a single person that has had a johnson and johnson jab.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

One is bad enough.

I don't think it's been used much if at all in the UK.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"i was looking on the gov site in the adverse reactions section but couldnt see anything on the johnson and johnson vaccine, have i missed something?"

What's your knowledge of its use etc?

bear here, I had it while working in America. they bought 200,000 doses of it but gave it all away to other countries. the booster gives 85% resistance to omicron. trying to get the booster in this country is a nightmare. Because I didn't get my jabs in this country they can't put me on the digital database as vaccinated so I have to show my card as proof .

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Because I didn't get my jabs in this country they can't put me on the digital database as vaccinated so I have to show my card as proof ."

If you have an NHS number you can make an appointment to show your vaccination proof and it can be added to your NHS records.

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

"bear here, I had it while working in America. they bought 200,000 doses of it but gave it all away to other countries. the booster gives 85% resistance to omicron. trying to get the booster in this country is a nightmare. Because I didn't get my jabs in this country they can't put me on the digital database as vaccinated so I have to show my card as proof ."

Have you had your booster yet? Most walk in centres will do your booster provided it's been 3 months since your last covid vaccination. Shouldn't be a problem.

"I don't think it's been used much if at all in the UK. "

It's an adenovirus-vector vaccine.

The astrazeneca vaccine is also that.

"I don't think it's been used much if at all in the UK.

The astrazeneca vaccine is also that."

Yes but I think the Johnson and Johnson is just one dose.

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

That's right. Difference being the AZ vector is chimp adenovirus whereas J&J one uses a human adenovirus.

I read early on that there have been concerns with using adenovirus vectors in terms of immunity or preexisting immunity to adenoviruses. The worry was that once you immunised with an adenovirus vector, the person would have immunity to that adenovirus and therefore it may not be as effective to use the same as a booster later on. Similarly, if someone had preexisting immunity to the particular adenovirus then vaccination may not be effective. In some populations it's been estimated that immunity against adenoviruses is quite high.

Using a chimp adenovirus was AZ way of circumventing any potential preexisting immunity to adenoviruses but it doesn't deal with any issues when trying to use the same vector to immunise again.

I wonder if this could be why AZ appears to be less effective as a booster

m

does that mean its not a mrna, i was thinking the non mrna would have the least side effects

By *ioloCouple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

A friend of mine has been jabbed with Johnson, not in UK. Other than some heart palpitations for a couple of months and increased blood pressure he seems fine.

m

i know they paused it in the usa due to blood clots, but is it still available here?

By *tud8614Man  over a year ago

south west

[Removed by poster at 13/01/22 22:34:57]

» Add a new message to this topic