FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > 2022 6Nations restrictions

2022 6Nations restrictions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heBirminghamWeekend OP   Man  over a year ago

here

Due to the varying restrictions and regulations there are discussions taking place that would see matches being moved to England in order to allow more supporters to attend…

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

That’ll give the Welsh a chance to moan, as per always.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Due to the varying restrictions and regulations there are discussions taking place that would see matches being moved to England in order to allow more supporters to attend…

"

So more cases of people trying to make things fit

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"That’ll give the Welsh a chance to moan, as per always. "

Why would we moan? It would mean we could go to the games. Just a shame the Welsh economy will lose out on revenue

here

"That’ll give the Welsh a chance to moan, as per always.

Why would we moan? It would mean we could go to the games. Just a shame the Welsh economy will lose out on revenue"

Am I right in saying it’s the WRU who are suggesting this ?

By *layawaydaysMan  over a year ago

sheffield

How is this likely to reduce the spread of the virus?

"That’ll give the Welsh a chance to moan, as per always.

Why would we moan? It would mean we could go to the games. Just a shame the Welsh economy will lose out on revenue

Am I right in saying it’s the WRU who are suggesting this ?

"

Yep

And I don't blame them

Potentially take home fixtures to Wembley or the Ricoh, take the ticket revenue as opposed to fuck all by playing behind closed doors in Cardiff

Hopefully Drakeford will see the light and lift restrictions before then we are sees how much the Welsh economy will be losing to England should it go ahead

when he sees**

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Having the 6n in one country as such would be much simpler from a jurisdictional stance, and England has enough stadiums of 50-60k plus to make it work…. HQ, Wembley, Olympic stadium, st James in Newcastle, old Trafford in Manchester ect ect

here

I was thinking about the possibility of St James being used for Scotland ‘home’ matches, however not sure the footie schedule would align with the 6N matches, and also the pitch being in a fit state for footie after a game of rugby …

I wonder if the issue will be resolved in the coming weeks, when Drakeford and Sturgeon have more evidence to rely on and reduce/remove the restrictions.

By *ynonvalleyboyMan  over a year ago

merthyr

We played abroad at Wembley when the millennium was being built

"We played abroad at Wembley when the millennium was being built"

We did

I unfortunately attended the 51-0 thrashing against France in 1998

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I was thinking about the possibility of St James being used for Scotland ‘home’ matches, however not sure the footie schedule would align with the 6N matches, and also the pitch being in a fit state for footie after a game of rugby …

I wonder if the issue will be resolved in the coming weeks, when Drakeford and Sturgeon have more evidence to rely on and reduce/remove the restrictions.

"

Might improve the Maggie's chances if the pitch is wrecked..

here

"I was thinking about the possibility of St James being used for Scotland ‘home’ matches, however not sure the footie schedule would align with the 6N matches, and also the pitch being in a fit state for footie after a game of rugby …

Might improve the Maggie's chances if the pitch is wrecked.. "

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

from what i've seen on match day in cardiff over the last 2 decades is that welsh rugby fans have been replaced by rugby tourists from other countries buying the hugely expensive tickets as they attempt to 'soak up the match day atmosphere'. cardiff just fills up with 100 odd thousand jeremy clarkson clones in their quilted barbour jackets, designer jeans and pointy brown brogues getting far too d*unk to remain decent. it's got very boorish for the first two months of the year every year. hopefully playing the games in england from now on will return cardiff's charm and friendly welcoming ambience. the city can live without the fighting, the litter and obnoxious sex pests making life unbarable for the people who live there.

"from what i've seen on match day in cardiff over the last 2 decades is that welsh rugby fans have been replaced by rugby tourists from other countries buying the hugely expensive tickets as they attempt to 'soak up the match day atmosphere'. cardiff just fills up with 100 odd thousand jeremy clarkson clones in their quilted barbour jackets, designer jeans and pointy brown brogues getting far too d*unk to remain decent. it's got very boorish for the first two months of the year every year. hopefully playing the games in england from now on will return cardiff's charm and friendly welcoming ambience. the city can live without the fighting, the litter and obnoxious sex pests making life unbarable for the people who live there."

Ai. People who think the rugby season starts in February and ends in March

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

"

Ai. People who think the rugby season starts in February and ends in March "

you knows it!

By *rMs.NeekCouple  over a year ago

Worcestershire

So many of those....

Who make out they understand the game and start spouting Shite.....

I watch a lot of rugby, and am lucky enough to go to a lot of internationals (mostly in Cardiff or at Twickenham),and I'd say Cardiff is far from the being full of let's say 'Twickers types' as has been suggested by a few on this thread. It has definitely got more corporate in recent years but there are still plenty of local rugby club watches who go. Also, I'd still say Cardiff is still the best place to watch an international, everything in walking distance and if you're sharp enough ( and with a bit of luck) you can get local hotels for a ( relatively) reasonable price, although I accept you have to know what you're doing to get that.

We are all booked up for Wales v France and France v England, so here's hoping it all goes ahead as planned .

FWIW I think the WRU are daring Drakeford to call their bluff.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

It just shows how messed up the UK is with Covid.

Thousands of Welsh fans travelling to London or elsewhere in England because they're not allowed to watch it in Wales??

That won't help the businesses in Cardiff, the environment, reducing the infections of Covid or even the Welsh Labour government from being elected next time.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Just depends how serious they / we are about stopping the thing spreading. Football stadia amongst others are filled everyweek and spreading it... So seems a bit odd that rugby stadia would not be... There'll be the European Cup matches spreading it cross borders as well. On the one hand love the 6nations and Wales playing matches where they can get a crowd of thousands of close harmony singers in is good for the atmosphere and the Wru need the money. But... Cheltenham festival, 6 nations, atletico Madrid to Liverpool etc... Just feels like we've been here before.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Nothing to do with covid but never figure out why football games have different rules to rugby matches.

By *ynonvalleyboyMan  over a year ago

merthyr

"Nothing to do with covid but never figure out why football games have different rules to rugby matches."

Football is football , rugby is rugby different games

Rugby union has different rules to rugby league

here

To be fair it’s blatantly obvious Scotland are going to win this years 6N - just hand over the trophy now and save all the hassle and kerfuffle

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Due to the varying restrictions and regulations there are discussions taking place that would see matches being moved to England in order to allow more supporters to attend…

"

Not sure how that helps. I'm thinking if the Welsh games were held in Wales with Welsh supporters mixing with supporters from the opposing team then the risk of covid is there and Wales gets the financial revenue. If the games are moved to England then the same Welsh supporters will be mixing with the same opposition supporters so the covid risk is still there but Wales loose the financial revenue. In other words no one is being protected from the covid risk only thing achieved is moving revenue to England

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"We played abroad at Wembley when the millennium was being built"
yes i was at Wembley when scott gibbs scored that last ditch try.

Tin town

Not sure how that helps. I'm thinking if the Welsh games were held in Wales with Welsh supporters mixing with supporters from the opposing team then the risk of covid is there and Wales gets the financial revenue. If the games are moved to England then the same Welsh supporters will be mixing with the same opposition supporters so the covid risk is still there but Wales loose the financial revenue. In other words no one is being protected from the covid risk only thing achieved is moving revenue to England"

Whilst I agree as far as the covid risk... (only thing is, if its moved to england the risk is actually increased as you also have the additional travel of the Wales fans trecking across the country required)... But revenue wise I think they get all of it bar the costs and facilities rental don't they?

Tin town

"We played abroad at Wembley when the millennium was being builtyes i was at Wembley when scott gibbs scored that last ditch try. "

Player!

milton keynes

Not sure how that helps. I'm thinking if the Welsh games were held in Wales with Welsh supporters mixing with supporters from the opposing team then the risk of covid is there and Wales gets the financial revenue. If the games are moved to England then the same Welsh supporters will be mixing with the same opposition supporters so the covid risk is still there but Wales loose the financial revenue. In other words no one is being protected from the covid risk only thing achieved is moving revenue to England

Whilst I agree as far as the covid risk... (only thing is, if its moved to england the risk is actually increased as you also have the additional travel of the Wales fans trecking across the country required)... But revenue wise I think they get all of it bar the costs and facilities rental don't they? "

Good point about the travel so perhaps a greater risk. For the financial side I would expect Wales to get their fair share of the ticket money, whatever that happens to be. However it's the local economy in Wales that will feel the loss. I was reading today an article where a pub near the Welsh stadium would make 15k on a single match day. Lots of pubs, restaurants and hotels in the area say match days are their single biggest income day of the year. If it moves to England then that money moves with it. Great for English businesses in the area but not so great for the Welsh ones. Anyhow I don't know if such a decision has been taken as yet

Tin town

Whilst I agree as far as the covid risk... (only thing is, if its moved to england the risk is actually increased as you also have the additional travel of the Wales fans trecking across the country required)... But revenue wise I think they get all of it bar the costs and facilities rental don't they?

Good point about the travel so perhaps a greater risk. For the financial side I would expect Wales to get their fair share of the ticket money, whatever that happens to be. However it's the local economy in Wales that will feel the loss. I was reading today an article where a pub near the Welsh stadium would make 15k on a single match day. Lots of pubs, restaurants and hotels in the area say match days are their single biggest income day of the year. If it moves to England then that money moves with it. Great for English businesses in the area but not so great for the Welsh ones. Anyhow I don't know if such a decision has been taken as yet"

Oh right yes all the bars and clubs restaurants and hotels around the millennium... Yep I guess that's a big hit. Still you'd rather see Wales fans in a stadium than an empty stadium? I know the 6 N crowds are gradually being taken over by the wowcher fans but there's still enough die hard fans to make a 6n weekend away a brilliant experience.

milton keynes

Good point about the travel so perhaps a greater risk. For the financial side I would expect Wales to get their fair share of the ticket money, whatever that happens to be. However it's the local economy in Wales that will feel the loss. I was reading today an article where a pub near the Welsh stadium would make 15k on a single match day. Lots of pubs, restaurants and hotels in the area say match days are their single biggest income day of the year. If it moves to England then that money moves with it. Great for English businesses in the area but not so great for the Welsh ones. Anyhow I don't know if such a decision has been taken as yet

Oh right yes all the bars and clubs restaurants and hotels around the millennium... Yep I guess that's a big hit. Still you'd rather see Wales fans in a stadium than an empty stadium? I know the 6 N crowds are gradually being taken over by the wowcher fans but there's still enough die hard fans to make a 6n weekend away a brilliant experience. "

Absolutely, as far as the spectacle goes, having the fans makes the experience and the Welsh are very passionate. It's a shame for the Welsh economy but everywhere economies are taking hits

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Looks like Nicola Sturgeon is going to lift restrictions on sporting events this afternoon.

A populist move maybe?

here

"Looks like Nicola Sturgeon is going to lift restrictions on sporting events this afternoon.

A populist move maybe? "

Tin town

"Looks like Nicola Sturgeon is going to lift restrictions on sporting events this afternoon.

A populist move maybe? "

Is there an old firm game any time soon?

here

A populist move maybe?

Is there an old firm game any time soon? "

Scotland v England at Murrayfield

"Just depends how serious they / we are about stopping the thing spreading. Football stadia amongst others are filled everyweek and spreading it... So seems a bit odd that rugby stadia would not be... There'll be the European Cup matches spreading it cross borders as well. On the one hand love the 6nations and Wales playing matches where they can get a crowd of thousands of close harmony singers in is good for the atmosphere and the Wru need the money. But... Cheltenham festival, 6 nations, atletico Madrid to Liverpool etc... Just feels like we've been here before. "

There's actually very little evidence of transmission at football matches. They are outdoor after all. We've had full stadiums in England since the summer and as far as I'm aware, they've not been connected to any outbreaks.

The events you mention were all at the start of the pandemic - we're in a very different place now. Huge levels of immunity, weaker variant etc. Time to start living again.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

A populist move maybe?

Well the old firm, Edinburgh and Dundee derbies were all supposed to be played new year’s when the original ban came in… so the brought forward the winter break to allow them to reschedule them all with full grounds back

A populist move maybe?

No such thing any more. Rangers died a few years back.

I'm going to see Celtic play the tribute act in February though

» Add a new message to this topic