FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Novak Djokovic Saga

Novak Djokovic Saga

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So it would appear that this guy has really shot himself in the foot.

It would appear that his explanation of testing positive is starting to back fire as more and more pictures are surfacing online with him at public engagements and events with days after testing positive. One event the day after.

There seems to be a growing backlash towards him and his attitude about the whole situation.

Is this going to damage his career!?

Personally I’m on the side of the Australian Border force on this.

Mr NF

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Are you thinking that he perhaps isn't trustworthy? Perhaps made things up?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I sincerely hope so. Good on the Australian government for standing firm. Not sure our Govt would have though

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 09/01/22 16:11:23]

Bristol

Well we should know by tomorrow morning

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

PDI

"So it would appear that this guy has really shot himself in the foot.

It would appear that his explanation of testing positive is starting to back fire as more and more pictures are surfacing online with him at public engagements and events with days after testing positive. One event the day after.

There seems to be a growing backlash towards him and his attitude about the whole situation.

Mr NF

"

Why would missing one tournament damage his career? He’s 34 and realistically his sporting ability should be starting to decline about now. Nobody is going to take the 20 grand slams off him, or the reported $200m he has in the bank.

Personally I’m on the side of Djokovic here and will make a wild prediction that in years to come he will be revered in a similar way to Muhammad Ali due to his civil liberties stance

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

Why is it about sides ?

He doesn't want anvaccine and hasn't been forced to have one.

Australia and many other countries have emergency legislation which requires visitors to be vaccinated

I really can't see an issue here, he just shouldn't have flown to Australia full stop.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Mr NF

Why would missing one tournament damage his career? He’s 34 and realistically his sporting ability should be starting to decline about now. Nobody is going to take the 20 grand slams off him, or the reported $200m he has in the bank.

Personally I’m on the side of Djokovic here and will make a wild prediction that in years to come he will be revered in a similar way to Muhammad Ali due to his civil liberties stance"

It’s not about missing one tournament it’s about the perceived lies and the fact that he tested positive and then was out and about the VERY NEXT DAY posing for photos and attending events.

Could you imagine the monumental shit storm that would happen if it was revealed that Johnson, Patel or Sunak or any high level premier league footballer for example were to be found to of tested positive and then was at events and photo ops the next day and following days!? It’s not about civil liberties it’s about adhering to the laws. Australia have every right to deny a visa to him and good on them for doing so. It’s ironic that the same people bitching about Australia not allowing him in tend to be the same people that “wanted to take back control or our own borders” when voting for Brexit. Australia are simply controlling their borders.

By *ynonvalleyboyMan  over a year ago

merthyr

to Australia

PDI

Mr NF

Personally I’m on the side of Djokovic here and will make a wild prediction that in years to come he will be revered in a similar way to Muhammad Ali due to his civil liberties stance

It’s not about missing one tournament it’s about the perceived lies and the fact that he tested positive and then was out and about the VERY NEXT DAY posing for photos and attending events.

Could you imagine the monumental shit storm that would happen if it was revealed that Johnson, Patel or Sunak or any high level premier league footballer for example were to be found to of tested positive and then was at events and photo ops the next day and following days!? It’s not about civil liberties it’s about adhering to the laws. Australia have every right to deny a visa to him and good on them for doing so. It’s ironic that the same people bitching about Australia not allowing him in tend to be the same people that “wanted to take back control or our own borders” when voting for Brexit. Australia are simply controlling their borders. "

You’re right, the lies don’t look good and will potentially be his undoing. For what it’s worth I’ve always regarded him as an arrogant prick but that isn’t reason enough to make a political example out of him.

Muhammad Ali broke the law when he ‘draft dodged’ and raised questions about the validity of war. So yes, it could well be about civil liberties.

While we’re talking irony the same people who have an issue with the way we treat our immigrants and those trying to get here tend to be the same people who are applauding Australia for controlling their borders.

He attended a public event having tested positive for Covid at worst, or awaiting the results of a PCR test at best. In either case, the actions of a selfish D1khead.

Manchester (she/her)

"He attended a public event having tested positive for Covid at worst, or awaiting the results of a PCR test at best. In either case, the actions of a selfish D1khead. "

Mmm. Someone who believes the law doesn't or shouldn't apply to him, in an action which is not without significant precedent and one which poses no undue hardship on life or essential life activity.

The hysteria over this is incredible.

"He attended a public event having tested positive for Covid at worst, or awaiting the results of a PCR test at best. In either case, the actions of a selfish D1khead.

Mmm. Someone who believes the law doesn't or shouldn't apply to him, in an action which is not without significant precedent and one which poses no undue hardship on life or essential life activity.

The hysteria over this is incredible."

So mixing with others while you know you have Covid or potentially have Covid is okay? That’s why I’m annoyed by his behaviour.

Manchester (she/her)

"He attended a public event having tested positive for Covid at worst, or awaiting the results of a PCR test at best. In either case, the actions of a selfish D1khead.

So mixing with others while you know you have Covid or potentially have Covid is okay? That’s why I’m annoyed by his behaviour. "

No, it's not ok. None of this is ok. He appears to have not completed the appropriate steps to enter Australia - where he should have exercised the personal responsibility to find out how to do so (or, if he could not accept their conditions, stay away) - this isn't an ordinary person or a refugee, this is someone with lots of options and resources behind him.

He either lied about having Covid in mid December or was unable to isolate. Lying to immigration officials is not appropriate, or not isolating with Covid is hideously antisocial.

But apparently this is all ok because he's some sort of poster boy for kooks.

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in him. He has been my fave tennis player for years now - not only for his skill but for the way he conducts himself generally.

His anti Vax stance troubled me a lot but this is another level. He's either lying about contracting covid to obtain entry to Australia or knowingly putting others at risk by mixing with them after testing positive.

Either way he's taking the piss & I'm gutted

So mixing with others while you know you have Covid or potentially have Covid is okay? That’s why I’m annoyed by his behaviour.

No, it's not ok. None of this is ok. He appears to have not completed the appropriate steps to enter Australia - where he should have exercised the personal responsibility to find out how to do so (or, if he could not accept their conditions, stay away) - this isn't an ordinary person or a refugee, this is someone with lots of options and resources behind him.

He either lied about having Covid in mid December or was unable to isolate. Lying to immigration officials is not appropriate, or not isolating with Covid is hideously antisocial.

But apparently this is all ok because he's some sort of poster boy for kooks."

Apologies. I have misread your previous post. Thought you were justifying his behaviour. I have the same view as you.

Manchester (she/her)

But apparently this is all ok because he's some sort of poster boy for kooks.

Apologies. I have misread your previous post. Thought you were justifying his behaviour. I have the same view as you. "

No worries

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

Oh come on, tennis isn’t THAT stupid

Manchester (she/her)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Oh come on, tennis isn’t THAT stupid "

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Has he not seen that Texan who lied, cheated and bullied his way through the UCI, WADA and attacked all others in his years at the top? That damage was immense.

Just because you are an elite athlete doesn't mean today's decisions are not going to bite you in the bum.

By *ilver Fox 60Man  over a year ago

Southport

Draft dodging doesn't risk killing other people. Quite the opposite in fact.

Mr NF

Could you imagine the monumental shit storm that would happen if it was revealed that Johnson, Patel or Sunak or any high level premier league footballer for example were to be found to of tested positive and then was at events and photo ops the next day and following days!? It’s not about civil liberties it’s about adhering to the laws. Australia have every right to deny a visa to him and good on them for doing so. It’s ironic that the same people bitching about Australia not allowing him in tend to be the same people that “wanted to take back control or our own borders” when voting for Brexit. Australia are simply controlling their borders.

You’re right, the lies don’t look good and will potentially be his undoing. For what it’s worth I’ve always regarded him as an arrogant prick but that isn’t reason enough to make a political example out of him.

Muhammad Ali broke the law when he ‘draft dodged’ and raised questions about the validity of war. So yes, it could well be about civil liberties.

While we’re talking irony the same people who have an issue with the way we treat our immigrants and those trying to get here tend to be the same people who are applauding Australia for controlling their borders. "

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I would imagine that some of his lucrative endorsement deals and sponsorship could be on its way elsewhere.

Can’t see too many international companies wanting to be associated with him after this.

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

Give him a blood test that will tell them if he actually had it. If it’s lies send him home and ban him from Australia

"Give him a blood test that will tell them if he actually had it. If it’s lies send him home and ban him from Australia"

Irrelevant, he has not fulfilled the rules for entering Australia - deport him - end of!

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

"Give him a blood test that will tell them if he actually had it. If it’s lies send him home and ban him from Australia

Irrelevant, he has not fulfilled the rules for entering Australia - deport him - end of!

"

Not paid much attention but as you say rules are rules

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"He attended a public event having tested positive for Covid at worst, or awaiting the results of a PCR test at best. In either case, the actions of a selfish D1khead. "

…….And then the day after that, he did a photoshoot for french sports paper l’equipe to compound the matter further!

So at best we can say he is a public health liability … I don’t see how Novak is the martyr the anti vax movement want!

"Are you thinking that he perhaps isn't trustworthy? Perhaps made things up? "

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

…….And then the day after that, he did a photoshoot for french sports paper l’equipe to compound the matter further!

So at best we can say he is a public health liability … I don’t see how Novak is the martyr the anti vax movement want!"

To use rhyming slang, he's a paper hat..

By *Just meMan  over a year ago

basingstoke

Mr NF

Just a question... Who took the test - him or someone else? Did he get someone else to test positive in his name to avoid vaccination and get into Australia? If it is his, then why was he out in public... clearly ignoring rules and potentially infecting others... Personally I don't trust his PCR test... Lets do an antigen test and check his levels... they should be able to calculate the correct levels of antigens in order to determine "if" he was actually infected or not.

I say Australian Border Force should deport him immediately.

"

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

Before the Australian Open Novak talked about how he considered Australia to be his 2nd home and how he considers it his favourite grand slams he has won it 9 times.Novak , Nadal , Federer all have won 20 grand slams.I think Novak may have been trying some sort of charm tactics on the Australian people and government by biggin up the Australian Open with a view to not having to declare his vaccination status and the Australian government allowing him to take part in the tournament with a great chance to get to 21 grand slams there by been ahead of Federer and Nadal giving him a stronger claim to be considered the greatest tennis player of all time.

So at best we can say he is a public health liability … I don’t see how Novak is the martyr the anti vax movement want!"

Oh I did not know that! Utter ridiculous behaviour

By *acky RacersCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

Forever known as "No-Vax Djokovic" from now on...

"Forever known as "No-Vax Djokovic" from now on... "

In other news, a large transatlantic ship has sunk after hitting an iceberg...

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"Forever known as "No-Vax Djokovic" from now on...

In other news, a large transatlantic ship has sunk after hitting an iceberg..."

It was fine when it left here.

Sounds like a double fault

By *acky RacersCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

In other news, a large transatlantic ship has sunk after hitting an iceberg..."

About the same time you were last at the gym!!

By *inky_CarpenterMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

It's easy, if you don't like the immigration laws, then publicly boycott the country in protest.

If you chose to lie and cheat and get caught, then you get publicly shamed and deported.

From my perspective, this isn't about vaccines and viruses, its about honesty and integrity!

If it proved that he has been lying, then I suspect this will end in a grovelling public (damage control) apology, in a desperate attempt to hang onto fleeing sponsors.

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Mr NF

"

it goes without saying that the Aussies couldn’t allow an unvaxxed player to win this most prestigious event so his time in Australia will be cut short.

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

I couldn't go to my beloved sisters funeral last year after they stopped her cancer treatment for the covid outbreak because we were on a 5 mile lockdown in wales, and she died in London.

The tennis players sense of self entitlement leaves me angry.

By *edheadjMan  over a year ago

High Wycombe

He's a massive anti vaxxer, hosting a super spreader event last year.

I believe he's attempting to run for politics in his home country once he retires, which has a largely unvaccinated population so doesn't want to piss off future voters.

I'm hoping France and the USA are going to be as strict for him attending their tournaments too.

By *regoniansCouple  over a year ago

Oundle

The suggestion on BBC News tonight is that he lied about having had covid just before Christmas. On the day he said he tested positive, the BBC allege that he was filmed at a public event in Belgrade. Hoisted on his own tennis racket perhaps...?

By *ioloCouple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Australians very rarely apply common sense, for them rules are rules. It’s not important if he’s got antibodies or not, if he is a danger to others or not, after so many days in isolation he is definitely clean anyway. For them the problem is that he couldn’t thick the right box therefore he can not enter the country. The fact that he is trying to fight the system is also seen as very unaustralian. It’s quite possible that Djokovic may find Australia as a second home as the country has a huge population of serbian origin.

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 10/01/22 06:38:01]

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Well it looks like novak will be playing after all,

Bristol

Well looks like he has won, so now I suppose that the other 2 will be back again then

By *eachcplCouple  over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

Yet another one who thinks he is above the law. Money talks.

By *readsOfValhallaCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

Well...this hasn't aged well

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Yet another one who thinks he is above the law. Money talks. "
well the law has said he can stay in aus and play,who knows though mabey the goverment will over rule the courts not a good look if they do though

Justice has been served.

By *an JuniperoCouple  over a year ago

North East

Wonder how happy Rafa Nadal is haha.

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

Mr NF

Personally I’m on the side of Djokovic here and will make a wild prediction that in years to come he will be revered in a similar way to Muhammad Ali due to his civil liberties stance"

... not quite the same thing is it!

henley on thames

"Yet another one who thinks he is above the law. Money talks. well the law has said he can stay in aus and play,who knows though mabey the goverment will over rule the courts not a good look if they do though"

It has been a shambles from start to finish

"I couldn't go to my beloved sisters funeral last year after they stopped her cancer treatment for the covid outbreak because we were on a 5 mile lockdown in wales, and she died in London.

The tennis players sense of self entitlement leaves me angry."

By *incsladyandscotsmanCouple  over a year ago

North fife

Only in Australia can you send two letters of assurance and then treat the guy like a criminal when he arrives. Even the judge agreed.

Personal belongings removed, feed like an animal.

If I were him I'd tell them to piss off and head home and never go back there again.

Australia have turned I to one of the more autocratic democratic state the world has ever seen. They really need to get a grip as their attitude towards their own citizens that don't share their views or narrative is shocking. We will soon be receiving refugees from Australia.

Mark my works.... Over the next few years there will be legal cases brought against those that sought to remove freedoms from democratic countries, those that removed employment from people, those that wanted to bring discrimination and coercion into a society.

This case is just a high profile example of it.....

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Yet another one who thinks he is above the law. Money talks. "

I guess the point that has just been proven in the courts was that it was Austrian border force who behaved above the law. Not sure anybody is coming out of this with a win though.

Tin town

"Yet another one who thinks he is above the law. Money talks.

I guess the point that has just been proven in the courts was that it was Austrian border force who behaved above the law. Not sure anybody is coming out of this with a win though. "

*australian

PDI

I guess the point that has just been proven in the courts was that it was Austrian border force who behaved above the law. Not sure anybody is coming out of this with a win though. "

Agreed. I’m sure all the ‘law is the law’ advocates will be delighted to see justice done.

On a side note I called this in the first thread for which I received a barrage of abuse

Bristol

"

If I were him I'd tell them to piss off and head home and never go back there again.

"

He will not tell them to piss off and leave because his ego will not let him

By *illibet!Woman  over a year ago

The Wild Meadow

"

He will not tell them to piss off and leave because his ego will not let him

"

I imagine it will have ignited his desire to win more than ever.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Actually… if you read the court transcript of the verdict… it’s not the win you think it is!

The court said the reason to cancel the visa was actually perfectly valid and legally sound, the problem is how it was actioned at passport control!

During the interview he was told he was being given notice of intent to have his visa cancelled, after which his asked for time to talk to a lawyer. The original officer said no problem, but there shift was ending so he passed it on to another officer, it was that officer who then came in, said the intent to cancel had been cancelled and made official and ended the interviews!!

It was because they reneged on allowing them to talk to a lawyer is the reason the judgement went for Djokovic and against the government…

The home affairs minister can still cancel the visa if they think it is in the public interest

What a shambles, I thought that Novak was doing all of this to keep his vaccination status private, now the whole world knows he isn’t vaccinated

Bristol

Well he has just been re arrested apparently

Tin town

I guess the point that has just been proven in the courts was that it was Austrian border force who behaved above the law. Not sure anybody is coming out of this with a win though.

Actually… if you read the court transcript of the verdict… it’s not the win you think it is!

The court said the reason to cancel the visa was actually perfectly valid and legally sound, the problem is how it was actioned at passport control!

During the interview he was told he was being given notice of intent to have his visa cancelled, after which his asked for time to talk to a lawyer. The original officer said no problem, but there shift was ending so he passed it on to another officer, it was that officer who then came in, said the intent to cancel had been cancelled and made official and ended the interviews!!

It was because they reneged on allowing them to talk to a lawyer is the reason the judgement went for Djokovic and against the government…

The home affairs minister can still cancel the visa if they think it is in the public interest

"

Yes that's exactly what I said...not sure anyone is coming out with a win...

And that abf behaved (or acted) above the law.

If they don't recancel it...how do they look...?

If they do recancel it... They look spiteful amongst other things. Good thing about australians is they don't give a hoot what anybody else thinks.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Well he has just been re arrested apparently "

Deported for being undesirable on the back of publicly mixing a day after allegedly being positive perhaps?

If that's such a thing they could do to try and damage mitigate..?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

He should just get on his jet and fly home. I don’t see the need for him to make a “point”

Bristol

Ah it might be a bit previous as itv have not confirmed it yet

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm not sure id want someone around me who doesn't isolate, when they know they are infected.

Tin town

"I'm not sure id want someone around me who doesn't isolate, when they know they are infected. "

Yeah he seems to be getting a free pass on that behaviour. Although perhaps they've been picking their headlines.

Its interesting that our media seem more interested in discussing one sportsman on the other side of the world than the thousands here who are about to lose their livelihoods for want of having the same vaccine to do their jobs (I know it's been done in these fora many times)

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"Give him a blood test that will tell them if he actually had it. If it’s lies send him home and ban him from Australia

"

If he'd travelled there three weeks ago using the Travel Exemption, he could have voluntary quarantined for 14 days then have been in by now.

A gamble he's lost.

Longridge

"

Yes, they told him he had until 8:30 to respond, yet tore up his application at 7:40. It was grossly unfair and a government/ border force home goal.

However, he ain't home free yet as they could simply re-run the process and revoke entry a second time, but getting it right this time.

It's not a win, its a technicality.

By *hristopherd999Man  over a year ago

Brentwood

Using his status and wealth, next time I go to Australia I'll take my team of lawyers with me just in case!

Newcastle and Gateshead

Yes, they told him he had until 8:30 to respond, yet tore up his application at 7:40. It was grossly unfair and a government/ border force home goal.

However, he ain't home free yet as they could simply re-run the process and revoke entry a second time, but getting it right this time.

It's not a win, its a technicality."

If I was Novak… I’d take the technical win, and be on the first flight out of Australia!! He is never going to win a PR war out there now… especially with his antics post getting the positive result!

Tin town

"Using his status and wealth, next time I go to Australia I'll take my team of lawyers with me just in case!"

Here's a bit of the transcript...

This section catches the moment the tennis star is given notice that his visa may be cancelled and he now has 20 minutes to argue why his visa shouldn't be cancelled.

The interviewer says Djokovic can request more time.

Djokovic: "So you're giving me legally 20 minutes to try to provide additional information that I don’t have?

"At 4 o clock in the morning? I mean you kind of put me in a very awkward position where at 4 in the morning I can’t call director of Tennis Australia, I can’t engage with anybody from the Victorian state government through Tennis Australia.

"I just you put me in a very uncomfortable position. I don’t know what else can I tell you. I mean I-I-I-I everything that that they -- I was asked to do is here."

"And I wouldn’t be here sitting in front of you if I if I wasn’t complying to all the rules and regulations set by your government. So I just -- I don’t know what I I mean -- to me it is a little bit shocking that you are have -- that you are going to give me the notice to cancel my visa based on what?

"Using his status and wealth, next time I go to Australia I'll take my team of lawyers with me just in case!

Here's a bit of the transcript...

This section catches the moment the tennis star is given notice that his visa may be cancelled and he now has 20 minutes to argue why his visa shouldn't be cancelled.

The interviewer says Djokovic can request more time.

Djokovic: "So you're giving me legally 20 minutes to try to provide additional information that I don’t have?

"At 4 o clock in the morning? I mean you kind of put me in a very awkward position where at 4 in the morning I can’t call director of Tennis Australia, I can’t engage with anybody from the Victorian state government through Tennis Australia.

"I just you put me in a very uncomfortable position. I don’t know what else can I tell you. I mean I-I-I-I everything that that they -- I was asked to do is here."

"And I wouldn’t be here sitting in front of you if I if I wasn’t complying to all the rules and regulations set by your government. So I just -- I don’t know what I I mean -- to me it is a little bit shocking that you are have -- that you are going to give me the notice to cancel my visa based on what?"

I feel bad for him. I've been in a similar situation at 5am trying to sort visa access issues.

Thia tennis player should be seen as a business, he has steakholders, sponsors and fans who all pay money to the sport in one way or another due to him.

if his earnings are personallly 200 million then he has generated twice that for his other interested parties.

So with that in mind it was never going to happen that novac would be sent home as millions would be lost in sponsorship, banks losing money the tournament itself being damaged by reputation.

If I was novac I would take myself home and f435 the tournament, but he cannot as he has responsibility to the same sponsors and steakhosders to make them money.

I hope now that he is free that the population can also free themselves, but Australia was a prison isle so maybe not much has changed.

Longridge

I'd feel for him... except.

His behaviour in December is disgusting or dishonest. He's either 'frigged' the test or blatantly put others at risk. I personally think it's the former although he didn't take COVID seriously over the last 2 years.

Shame they can get the original test swab and DNA test it to prove it was actually taken from him.

It's not right that other Australians and families have suffered harsh COVID Border controls yet he thinks he can BS his way through.

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

My understanding.

Australia has exemptions to being jabbed.

Mr Djokovic applied for said exemption and it was granted by the independent panels along with a visa be the relevant state(I'd guess sponsor and other pressures applied)

Following the backlash (theres an election coming up in Aus) the Gov't refused entry.

Court ruled this morning he was allowed in to Aus.

I hear the Gov't have now arrested Mr Djokovic.

Its a farce,its a political farce,its embarrassing,

its no longer about health its now about political face / backside/ career saving.

Longridge

Until he was seen out at public events the day after the PCR test he'd used to obtain his exemption.

If thus is the case, he should be prosecuted also for defrauding an entry Visa.

If the tournament was so important to him, he could of go early and quarantined himself.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I hope now that he is free that the population can also free themselves, but Australia was a prison isle so maybe not much has changed."

I love it that it’s people not in Australia who are trying to tell what Australians how they should consider their own government and laws….

The judge said the actual reason for cancelling the visa was reasonable and perfectly legal.. it was the application that was wrong…

And with that in mind… the minister could just cancel the visa again since that part was okay and this time just follow the process to the letter of the law!

P.s it is going to be interesting during his matches… the Serbian community vs the court of public opinion!! There are going to be fights in the stands

This saga is not his fault, if I sign a contract to attend tournaments, social events, give interviews, wear my sponsors clothes, sell a perfume in my name etc then if I don't ive broken my contract and will be sued till I have nothing left.

so I have to do those things like it or not, this could end with the tournament being moved to a country that has money sorry tennis interest at heart.

Tin town

"

I hope now that he is free that the population can also free themselves, but Australia was a prison isle so maybe not much has changed.

I love it that it’s people not in Australia who are trying to tell what Australians how they should consider their own government and laws….

The judge said the actual reason for cancelling the visa was reasonable and perfectly legal.. it was the application that was wrong…

And with that in mind… the minister could just cancel the visa again since that part was okay and this time just follow the process to the letter of the law!

P.s it is going to be interesting during his matches… the Serbian community vs the court of public opinion!! There are going to be fights in the stands

"

Can you imagine djoker v kyrgios....? That might get a bit lively.

Nigel Fartrage has now got involved.

So one selfish dickhead is now being helped by another selfish dickhead.

Sorted.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"This saga is not his fault, if I sign a contract to attend tournaments, social events, give interviews, wear my sponsors clothes, sell a perfume in my name etc then if I don't ive broken my contract and will be sued till I have nothing left.

so I have to do those things like it or not, this could end with the tournament being moved to a country that has money sorry tennis interest at heart."

He knew the requirements to enter Australia… the health ministry informed Tennis Australia in mid November that a player having covid within the last 6 months alone would not guarantee entry to Australia!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

"

Kyrgios funny enough has just come down with covid and is unlikely to take part…

"

"

you missed out quite a section of my original post, so here it is, one can't pick and choose you know.

Thia tennis player should be seen as a business, he has steakholders, sponsors and fans who all pay money to the sport in one way or another due to him.

if his earnings are personallly 200 million then he has generated twice that for his other interested parties.

So with that in mind it was never going to happen that novac would be sent home as millions would be lost in sponsorship, banks losing money the tournament itself being damaged by reputation.

If I was novac I would take myself home and f435 the tournament, but he cannot as he has responsibility to the same sponsors and steakhosders to make them money.

I am putting out there that there are other interested parties who surround novac, who will not allow his non participation. as they have an investment in him and the tournament sponsorship etc, lets call them the money men.

no where do I see in my quote that directs Australia to do this or that, I just said I thought it would never happen that he wouldn't play in this tournament. due to the powerful interests he has around him.

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

"I sincerely hope so. Good on the Australian government for standing firm. Not sure our Govt would have though "

Guess that might have depended on which position the Daily Mail took!

"

Kyrgios funny enough has just come down with covid and is unlikely to take part… "

Did he catch it from Djokovic?

"This saga is not his fault, if I sign a contract to attend tournaments, social events, give interviews, wear my sponsors clothes, sell a perfume in my name etc then if I don't ive broken my contract and will be sued till I have nothing left.

so I have to do those things like it or not, this could end with the tournament being moved to a country that has money sorry tennis interest at heart.

He knew the requirements to enter Australia… the health ministry informed Tennis Australia in mid November that a player having covid within the last 6 months alone would not guarantee entry to Australia! "

I am not discussing novac i am discussing the powers behind him the money men who live by different rules have cash to fight the law who have political influence and so on.

Mr NF

He's won the appeal, as he should have as he has anti bodies! Good on him.

"

There is a news conference at around noon with novac and his farther apparently breaking news.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"There is a news conference at around noon with novac and his farther apparently breaking news."

Apparently the evidential PCR test has been released stating he was confirmed that have covid on December 16th….

So if one of the earlier questions isn’t “why did you go out on the 17th and do an event with children and do a photoshoot on the 18th with l’equipe when you knew you had it! Are you really that much of a jerk????”…. Then the journalists aren’t doing their jobs properly

"There is a news conference at around noon with novac and his farther apparently breaking news.

Apparently the evidential PCR test has been released stating he was confirmed that have covid on December 16th….

So if one of the earlier questions isn’t “why did you go out on the 17th and do an event with children and do a photoshoot on the 18th with l’equipe when you knew you had it! Are you really that much of a jerk????”…. Then the journalists aren’t doing their jobs properly "

all I wrote is that there is a news conference which is confirmed as 13.00 our time, anything else is for yours.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"There is a news conference at around noon with novac and his farther apparently breaking news.

So if one of the earlier questions isn’t “why did you go out on the 17th and do an event with children and do a photoshoot on the 18th with l’equipe when you knew you had it! Are you really that much of a jerk????”…. Then the journalists aren’t doing their jobs properly

all I wrote is that there is a news conference which is confirmed as 13.00 our time, anything else is for yours."

I know……lol….. it’s not illegal to be a knob/Prat/Prize Plum/Idiot… and I know that is not enough to deport him at the moment… I’m just interested to see what PR spin he is going to put on it

I still think he gets deported… or the crowd in Melbourne for the open are going to turn on him quicker than English cricketers!!

By *otswoldguy911Man  over a year ago

gloucestershire

There are people who think Novak Djokovic is trying to EMIGRATE to Australia. Lol

Then again, there are people who believe the past 2 years have been about health and safety.

gloucestershire

Mr NF

"

It would appear you on are the wrong side then … great work Novax … showed the Aussies right up here … they now have two choices … look like fools or tyrants

By *AM2214Man  over a year ago

Manchester Area

"Has he not seen that Texan who lied, cheated and bullied his way through the UCI, WADA and attacked all others in his years at the top? That damage was immense.

Just because you are an elite athlete doesn't mean today's decisions are not going to bite you in the bum."

amd.that was someone who had already proved he was the best in the World at the appropriate level...totally broke the rules unlike many who to this day bend them as far as they can..

By *Just meMan  over a year ago

basingstoke

So if one of the earlier questions isn’t “why did you go out on the 17th and do an event with children and do a photoshoot on the 18th with l’equipe when you knew you had it! Are you really that much of a jerk????”…. Then the journalists aren’t doing their jobs properly "

Question... Was it he took the test? Or was it someone else... Remember the doping fixing going on in Russia... Could the same not happen in Serbia... Before you answer just remember that these people ignored and condoned genocide in the former Yugoslavia.

They have already lied about him being held in prison... He could have left the immigration detention hotel any time and left the country...

Bristol

Mr NF

It would appear you on are the wrong side then … great work Novax … showed the Aussies right up here … they now have two choices … look like fools or tyrants

"

Not really as he has broken Covid protocols in December so is an undesirable in Aus

And he’s a grade A tosser anyway

By *AM2214Man  over a year ago

Manchester Area

Devils Advocate position here, what would have happened if he had simply been escorted from Arrivals to Departures?

Surely that would have meant he hadnt have entered Australia so had no access at that time for a legal review in Australia....

Anyone else amazed how quickly 'his' lawyers were available on scene and able to secure a court hearing? Why would any respectable perosn have lawyers in foreogn countries on call? Oh wiat my old kit insurance helped me out of a Mexican Jail...

"There are people who think Novak Djokovic is trying to EMIGRATE to Australia. Lol

Then again, there are people who believe the past 2 years have been about health and safety."

What have the last 2 years been ‘about’ ? 5g and the great reset

Tin town

Question... Was it he took the test? Or was it someone else... Remember the doping fixing going on in Russia... Could the same not happen in Serbia... Before you answer just remember that these people ignored and condoned genocide in the former Yugoslavia.

They have already lied about him being held in prison... He could have left the immigration detention hotel any time and left the country... "

When you say these people ignored and condoned genocide, are you referring to novak specifically?

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

The dullest story ever lol.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Devils Advocate position here, what would have happened if he had simply been escorted from Arrivals to Departures?

Surely that would have meant he hadnt have entered Australia so had no access at that time for a legal review in Australia....

Anyone else amazed how quickly 'his' lawyers were available on scene and able to secure a court hearing? Why would any respectable perosn have lawyers in foreogn countries on call? Oh wiat my old kit insurance helped me out of a Mexican Jail...

"

Technically he didn’t enter Australia until the court case had concluded in his favour… it’s the fact that Australian gives people the right to appeal that held this up…. A lot of countries do not give people that and are sent back straight away on first plane

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Whatever happens he is a winner, Serbia rules

"Whatever happens he is a winner, Serbia rules "

Eh?

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

They have already lied about him being held in prison... He could have left the immigration detention hotel any time and left the country... "

Bristol

"Devils Advocate position here, what would have happened if he had simply been escorted from Arrivals to Departures?

"

I think he already knew that there was probably going to be a challenge and had lawyers on standby

Newcastle and Gateshead

all I wrote is that there is a news conference which is confirmed as 13.00 our time, anything else is for yours.

I know……lol….. it’s not illegal to be a knob/Prat/Prize Plum/Idiot… and I know that is not enough to deport him at the moment… I’m just interested to see what PR spin he is going to put on it

I still think he gets deported… or the crowd in Melbourne for the open are going to turn on him quicker than English cricketers!! "

Did anyone else notice that when the journalist asked what he was doing in the days after he got the confirmation, the press conference was brought to a halt and didn’t take any further questions….

Not even the family could defend that…. They are going cite him having a reckless attitude to public health when they deport him… I still think they will!

gloucestershire

"There are people who think Novak Djokovic is trying to EMIGRATE to Australia. Lol

Then again, there are people who believe the past 2 years have been about health and safety.

What have the last 2 years been ‘about’ ? 5g and the great reset "

Some people still think it started by someone eating a bat

By *ynonvalleyboyMan  over a year ago

merthyr

Well the Aussies have now set the precedent they will have to allow everyone in

Some people still think it started by someone eating a bat "

Some people still think it’s a plandemic created by the lizard people

Manchester (she/her)

"Well the Aussies have now set the precedent they will have to allow everyone in "

Nah. They need to apply their processes fairly in accordance with their own law. It's a technicality, didn't get into whether Djokovic had a proper exemption.

So much for the mass social media hysteria about the downfall of Australia. Oh noes, an independent judiciary applied the rules when the government fucked up. Lol

Also will be interesting to see the development of the newfound fascination with immigration processes in Australia. Will this lead to the downfall of offshore processing, where refugees are held outside Australia so they can be treated more cruelly than Australian law permits? Will there be further outcry over the immigration hotel? Or will the movement for freedom, liberty and justice discard these people because they got what they wanted? I predict that they'll be there just like they were there for ordinary Australians who had to choose jab or no job. Lol

Tin town

Some people still think it started by someone eating a bat "

Jonny Bairstow?

Tin town

"Well the Aussies have now set the precedent they will have to allow everyone in

Nah. They need to apply their processes fairly in accordance with their own law. It's a technicality, didn't get into whether Djokovic had a proper exemption.

So much for the mass social media hysteria about the downfall of Australia. Oh noes, an independent judiciary applied the rules when the government fucked up. Lol

Also will be interesting to see the development of the newfound fascination with immigration processes in Australia. Will this lead to the downfall of offshore processing, where refugees are held outside Australia so they can be treated more cruelly than Australian law permits? Will there be further outcry over the immigration hotel? Or will the movement for freedom, liberty and justice discard these people because they got what they wanted? I predict that they'll be there just like they were there for ordinary Australians who had to choose jab or no job. Lol"

Sleep safe... Farage is on the case.

Manchester (she/her)

"Well the Aussies have now set the precedent they will have to allow everyone in

Also will be interesting to see the development of the newfound fascination with immigration processes in Australia. Will this lead to the downfall of offshore processing, where refugees are held outside Australia so they can be treated more cruelly than Australian law permits? Will there be further outcry over the immigration hotel? Or will the movement for freedom, liberty and justice discard these people because they got what they wanted? I predict that they'll be there just like they were there for ordinary Australians who had to choose jab or no job. Lol

Sleep safe... Farage is on the case. "

I'd rather trust Mr Potato Dutton-head

Nobody in the free world should have to be illegally coerced into a rushed experimental substance in order to have or maintain a job. Medical Discrimination is no only illegal it is Tyrannical. Novak is making a mockery of the power mad minds rules in that gov he has gone from Tennis villain to international freedom fighting hero. Let's not forget it has been one set of rules for those making them and a totally different set of rules for the ones Ordered to follow those rules. Then Allegra Stratton the blessing in disguise is filmed laughing her tits off about it. The battle is being won

Bristol

"Nobody in the free world should have to be illegally coerced into a rushed experimental substance in order to have or maintain a job. Medical Discrimination is no only illegal it is Tyrannical. Novak is making a mockery of the power mad minds rules in that gov he has gone from Tennis villain to international freedom fighting hero. Let's not forget it has been one set of rules for those making them and a totally different set of rules for the ones Ordered to follow those rules. Then Allegra Stratton the blessing in disguise is filmed laughing her tits off about it. The battle is being won"

No he’s just another rich twat just buying his way through loopholes and taking the piss out of everyone else

So what if he is using his own wealth to expose Tyranny Serbs know far to well what that shit house looks and smells like. One rule for you and a totally different set for another is the woods but some can't see it from the top of the trees. Look up The definition of fascism an Fear while your a it.

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

Exempt from getting the vaccine and being treated like a second class citizen for being so... Tyranny via medical needs is still tyranny.

This doesn't even fully take into account the actions against him by the Australian government.

henley on thames

"Well he has just been re arrested apparently "

Rearrested?

He wasn’t arrested in the first place.

henley on thames

"Nobody in the free world should have to be illegally coerced into a rushed experimental substance in order to have or maintain a job. Medical Discrimination is no only illegal it is Tyrannical. Novak is making a mockery of the power mad minds rules in that gov he has gone from Tennis villain to international freedom fighting hero. Let's not forget it has been one set of rules for those making them and a totally different set of rules for the ones Ordered to follow those rules. Then Allegra Stratton the blessing in disguise is filmed laughing her tits off about it. The battle is being won

No he’s just another rich twat just buying his way through loopholes and taking the piss out of everyone else "

Agreed. Get rich, get good lawyers, ignore the rules.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

In other news, a large transatlantic ship has sunk after hitting an iceberg...

It was fine when it left here."

You should be more careful with your icebergs.

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

No sympathy for him

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

According to a headline on my online news feed, it looks like he might have the jab after all.

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 03/02/22 06:51:56]

Bristol

"According to a headline on my online news feed, it looks like he might have the jab after all."

I think he might be holding out for the covid cure drug he is heavily financially invested in.

After all if he gets the jab now he cannot take it and endorse it

henley on thames

Seeing nadal win 21 in an epic final made me chuckle.

The whole thing was an unforced error from Novak

Newcastle and Gateshead

"According to a headline on my online news feed, it looks like he might have the jab after all."

He is going to have to if he wants to compete at the french open…

Maybe the fact that he is finding that country’s won’t bend rules or make exceptions is enough for him to actually get it!

By *ik MMan 34 weeks ago

PDI

Ha, these comments couldn’t be more wrong if they’d tried to be…

Well done Novak

By *ackformore100Man 34 weeks ago

Tin town

Hes a good. No hes a great player. Let him make his own choices for his body. But im not sure i can see any justification at all for forcing a fit young man to have any vaccine, let alone one which has so few benefits for people of his demographic and who hes going to come into contact with. Seem strange that this is still a thing.

By (user no longer on site) 34 weeks ago

I wonder if his Mrs is still spreading the "you can catch Covid19 from 5g telephone masts" rubbish

By *akequeen90Couple 34 weeks ago

Sydney

Well done Novak...you stood by your principals. The whole world was against you but you endured.

By *ldgeezermeMan 34 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

"I wonder if his Mrs is still spreading the "you can catch Covid19 from 5g telephone masts" rubbish "

They make a lovely couple

Tin town

"I wonder if his Mrs is still spreading the "you can catch Covid19 from 5g telephone masts" rubbish "

The Internet will tell you. Nice however to see that other peoples opinions are respected and debated.

"I wonder if his Mrs is still spreading the "you can catch Covid19 from 5g telephone masts" rubbish

The Internet will tell you. Nice however to see that other peoples opinions are respected and debated. "

It will also tell you that Mr and Mrs Djokovic enjoy rubbing shoulders with Serbian war criminals

By *irty_DeedsMan 34 weeks ago

Teesside

"Hes a good. No hes a great player. Let him make his own choices for his body. But im not sure i can see any justification at all for forcing a fit young man to have any vaccine, let alone one which has so few benefits for people of his demographic and who hes going to come into contact with. Seem strange that this is still a thing. "
Couldn't agree more. Glad he stood his ground, I've been against any form of coercion or force used to vaccinate people from the get go. It should be your own personal choice for any medical treatment.

"Hes a good. No hes a great player. Let him make his own choices for his body. But im not sure i can see any justification at all for forcing a fit young man to have any vaccine, let alone one which has so few benefits for people of his demographic and who hes going to come into contact with. Seem strange that this is still a thing. Couldn't agree more. Glad he stood his ground, I've been against any form of coercion or force used to vaccinate people from the get go. It should be your own personal choice for any medical treatment."

Even when it’s demonstrably better for society (particularly the elderly and immunocompromised) for everyone to be vaccinated?

By *hagTonightMan 34 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

"Hes a good. No hes a great player. Let him make his own choices for his body. But im not sure i can see any justification at all for forcing a fit young man to have any vaccine, let alone one which has so few benefits for people of his demographic and who hes going to come into contact with. Seem strange that this is still a thing. Couldn't agree more. Glad he stood his ground, I've been against any form of coercion or force used to vaccinate people from the get go. It should be your own personal choice for any medical treatment."
I also agree with that and it is good that he stood his ground, your body your choice

By *idnight_Express69Man 34 weeks ago

Rochdale

Might I ask, is this your opinion of all vaccines?

Do you think that dreadful diseases we have eliminated from our shores should be allowed to take hold again because people exercising their ‘rights’ to personal choice are failing in their ‘responsibility’ to ensure ‘herd immunity’ is established. Without it, disfiguring diseases like polio and debilitating and fatal diseases like TB will once again be part of our lives.

Some might argue that such wilful determination to exercise personal freedom selfishly puts the vulnerable in our society at greater risk.

Teesside

"Hes a good. No hes a great player. Let him make his own choices for his body. But im not sure i can see any justification at all for forcing a fit young man to have any vaccine, let alone one which has so few benefits for people of his demographic and who hes going to come into contact with. Seem strange that this is still a thing. Couldn't agree more. Glad he stood his ground, I've been against any form of coercion or force used to vaccinate people from the get go. It should be your own personal choice for any medical treatment.

Do you think that dreadful diseases we have eliminated from our shores should be allowed to take hold again because people exercising their ‘rights’ to personal choice are failing in their ‘responsibility’ to ensure ‘herd immunity’ is established. Without it, disfiguring diseases like polio and debilitating and fatal diseases like TB will once again be part of our lives.

Some might argue that such wilful determination to exercise personal freedom selfishly puts the vulnerable in our society at greater risk.

"

Yes, any and all. Where do we draw the line with forcing someone to have a medical procedure? Do you earn enough to support a kid? No? forced abortion because you are a drain on the system. Do you have a disease that could be passed on to kids? Sterilised!

If we start taking away body autonomy it's not a big leap to these things.

I have a friend who got his covid vaccine for travel because he works overseas a lot and also travelled for a sport he competed in. He ended up with clots and heart issues after his 3rd dose. Now he can't work or compete and even struggles to walk up stairs. He's a shell of his former self and has even attempted suicide.

How is it fair to force vaccination on anyone when there is even a slight possibility that this can happen?

Personal choice is key.

By *idnight_Express69Man 34 weeks ago

Rochdale

"Hes a good. No hes a great player. Let him make his own choices for his body. But im not sure i can see any justification at all for forcing a fit young man to have any vaccine, let alone one which has so few benefits for people of his demographic and who hes going to come into contact with. Seem strange that this is still a thing. Couldn't agree more. Glad he stood his ground, I've been against any form of coercion or force used to vaccinate people from the get go. It should be your own personal choice for any medical treatment.

Yes, any and all. Where do we draw the line with forcing someone to have a medical procedure? Do you earn enough to support a kid? No? forced abortion because you are a drain on the system. Do you have a disease that could be passed on to kids? Sterilised!

I have a friend who got his covid vaccine for travel because he works overseas a lot and also travelled for a sport he competed in. He ended up with clots and heart issues after his 3rd dose. Now he can't work or compete and even struggles to walk up stairs. He's a shell of his former self and has even attempted suicide.

How is it fair to force vaccination on anyone when there is even a slight possibility that this can happen?

Personal choice is key. "

Sorry to hear about your friend’s reaction. While you cite an example of how you believe a vaccine damaged your friend’s health, the same vaccine saved my life. Before vaccination was rolled out, I spent 4 days fighting for my life in hospital. Since vaccination roll out, I have had covid twice but only ever suffered a runny nose.

Teesside

Personal choice is key.

Sorry to hear about your friend’s reaction. While you cite an example of how you believe a vaccine damaged your friend’s health, the same vaccine saved my life. Before vaccination was rolled out, I spent 4 days fighting for my life in hospital. Since vaccination roll out, I have had covid twice but only ever suffered a runny nose. "

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not anti vax in the slightest. Im glad your subsequent covid infections were mild. I got my first two doses, zero side effects from either other than a sore arm (although I was very hungover both times the next day so wouldnt have noticed if it made me feel under the weather)

I just didn't go for the boosters as I didn't feel I needed them. If had two doses and covid twice by that point.

I've always been pro choice. It should be upto the individual to make that decision without feeling coerced in any direction.

By *arriorstrongMan 34 weeks ago

Preston

"

Even when it’s demonstrably better for society (particularly the elderly and immunocompromised) for everyone to be vaccinated?

"

Preston

".

"

You're arguing for totalitarianism, while also conflating gene therapy and vaccination

Not all vaccines, just mRNA ones that have zero long term studies

"

"

Mind if I ask your expertise on the subject?

As I’ve said before, I happen to have an expert on this very field in my family.

Do you know more on the subject than a consultant and specialist in the field of tropical disease & communicable illness?

Preston

"Not all vaccines, just mRNA ones that have zero long term studies "

Excepting all the modelling studies, which are really important, not. lol.

Preston

"

As I’ve said before, I happen to have an expert on this very field in my family.

Do you know more on the subject than a consultant and specialist in the field of tropical disease & communicable illness? "

The one leading expert on this topic? Knock yourself out

By *melie LALWoman 34 weeks ago

Peterborough

"

Yes!

Peterborough

"

I want people to make informed decisions

Peterborough

Personal choice is key.

Sorry to hear about your friend’s reaction. While you cite an example of how you believe a vaccine damaged your friend’s health, the same vaccine saved my life. Before vaccination was rolled out, I spent 4 days fighting for my life in hospital. Since vaccination roll out, I have had covid twice but only ever suffered a runny nose. "

You made an informed decision. It saved your life. Me having the vaccine didn't save your life.

"

Do you know more on the subject than a consultant and specialist in the field of tropical disease & communicable illness?

The one leading expert on this topic? Knock yourself out"

I thought my question was pretty easy to understand, personally.

So you don’t wanna inform us of your expertise on the topic?

Teesside

"

So you don’t wanna inform us of your expertise on the topic? "

How is him reading the info any different from you getting it from a 3rd party? My relative drives touring cars, I'm pretty sure I'd die

By *ananaman41Man 34 weeks ago

Dublin

A great thread to resurrect. The state of some of the comments in it.

Well done novak, 24 and counting. Good man

By *csheffMan 34 weeks ago

Sheffield

"Not all vaccines, just mRNA ones that have zero long term studies "

"Have an expert in the family" just sounds so cringey. No one knows you personally so who you are related to is irrelevant..

Anyone could make such a claim and I'm really not interested in your second hand interpretation of what he/she may or may not have said.

"

So you don’t wanna inform us of your expertise on the topic? How is him reading the info any different from you getting it from a 3rd party? My relative drives touring cars, I'm pretty sure I'd die "

Oh come on now.

That third party is my brother. A consultant, and spending who has studied in this field his whole adult life.

I understand your personal bias on this issue, but that stands for something, whether you like it or not.

"Not all vaccines, just mRNA ones that have zero long term studies

"Have an expert in the family" just sounds so cringey. No one knows you personally so who you are related to is irrelevant..

Anyone could make such a claim and I'm really not interested in your second hand interpretation of what he/she may or may not have said."

Oh it sounds cringey so you’re gonna disregard it. That’s your prerogative, I guess.

Not quite sure why I’d think to invent a brother to win an argument about vaccines on a swingers forum, tbf, but that’s ok

Teesside

"

So you don’t wanna inform us of your expertise on the topic? How is him reading the info any different from you getting it from a 3rd party? My relative drives touring cars, I'm pretty sure I'd die

Oh come on now.

That third party is my brother. A consultant, and spending who has studied in this field his whole adult life.

I understand your personal bias on this issue, but that stands for something, whether you like it or not.

"

You are still getting your information from a 3rd party. How that relates to your expertise on the subject I don't know. Like I said, I have a professional driver that is a very close relative. I'm not pretending to be Ayrton Senna.

I also have no bias and don't actually disagree with you but your brother being an expert does little to strengthen any argument you have.

"

So you don’t wanna inform us of your expertise on the topic? How is him reading the info any different from you getting it from a 3rd party? My relative drives touring cars, I'm pretty sure I'd die

Oh come on now.

You are still getting your information from a 3rd party. How that relates to your expertise on the subject I don't know. Like I said, I have a professional driver that is a very close relative. I'm not pretending to be Ayrton Senna.

I also have no bias and don't actually disagree with you but your brother being an expert does little to strengthen any argument you have."

And I’m not pretending to be a vaccine expert, I’m just saying that I have spoken to one at length on the topic. Knowledge can be passed on, questioned, explained fully, whereas racing skills cannot, without a natural degree of talent - that’s a really bad analogy.

Hey, if someone wants to say they know more about the subject that an actual expert then that’s their prerogative - but I’d expect them to back it up, that’s all.

Teesside

"

Oh come on now.

I also have no bias and don't actually disagree with you but your brother being an expert does little to strengthen any argument you have.

And I’m not pretending to be a vaccine expert, I’m just saying that I have spoken to one at length on the topic. Knowledge can be passed on, questioned, explained fully, whereas racing skills cannot, without a natural degree of talent - that’s a really bad analogy.

Hey, if someone wants to say they know more about the subject that an actual expert then that’s their prerogative - but I’d expect them to back it up, that’s all.

"

The analogy was poor but I was tired and was mid text convo with my relative

Preston

"

Oh come on now.

"

I respect that you have had access to an informed expert. But there are other experts out there and their reports are there to read. There is no consensus about various topics

Key facts are... no research into long term side effects of mrna. Manipulation of data produced to get emergency use authorisation. Endemic corruption of government, revolving door

Peterborough

"

Oh come on now.

I respect that you have had access to an informed expert. But there are other experts out there and their reports are there to read. There is no consensus about various topics

Key facts are... no research into long term side effects of mrna. Manipulation of data produced to get emergency use authorisation. Endemic corruption of government, revolving door"

To be fair, from the studies and articles read yesterday, my personal choice of having further boosters, had I not had covid, would have changed. The potential for getting encephalitis again is enough for me to say no!

The conclusion of the studies was that for the vulnerable and elderly the benefits of having boosters outweighs risk.

There appears to be enough concern of the mRNA to be looking at the next generation. But that's how science works.

Sheffield

"

Oh come on now.

"

I thought he was an expert and specialist in the field of tropical disease & communicable illness?

Now he's a vaccine expert which one is it?

I am not trying to be vaciusios. Someone in that position would have a great deal of knowledge on vaccines. He is however not an expert and doesn't even work in the field of vaccine efficacy or advocacy.

Sheffield

"

Oh come on now.

"

I thought he was an expert and specialist in the field of tropical disease & communicable illness?

I am not trying to be vaciusios. Someone in that position would have a great deal of knowledge on vaccines. He is however not an expert and doesn't even work in the field of vaccine efficacy or advocacy.

Tin town

My dads bigger than your dad

Sheffield

Anyone could make such a claim and I'm really not interested in your second hand interpretation of what he/she may or may not have said.

Oh it sounds cringey so you’re gonna disregard it. That’s your prerogative, I guess.

Not quite sure why I’d think to invent a brother to win an argument about vaccines on a swingers forum, tbf, but that’s ok "

This site is full of people that invent all kinds of stuff and not just on the forum

By *ightmovesTV/TS 34 weeks ago

Ipswich

If there was only a small chance of passing on a possibly deadly disease then i would take all precautions to stop that happening. And certainly not encourage others to ignore medical advise. Especially if youre in a position to influence others.

"

Oh come on now.

I am not trying to be vaciusios. Someone in that position would have a great deal of knowledge on vaccines. He is however not an expert and doesn't even work in the field of vaccine efficacy or advocacy."

Do you not think a consultant in the field has a degree of vaccine knowledge beyond the average layman?

Not quite sure why I’d think to invent a brother to win an argument about vaccines on a swingers forum, tbf, but that’s ok

This site is full of people that invent all kinds of stuff and not just on the forum "

He works in your city, randomly

Teesside

"

Oh come on now.

Do you not think a consultant in the field has a degree of vaccine knowledge beyond the average layman? "

Potentially but I've met some highly educated idiots stealing a living in my time. Doing a job doesn't indicate you're good at it or an expert. If anything the majority coast through life doing bare minimum in everything. I've saw nothing that tells me it wouldn't apply in all professions.

"

Oh come on now.

Do you not think a consultant in the field has a degree of vaccine knowledge beyond the average layman? Potentially but I've met some highly educated idiots stealing a living in my time. Doing a job doesn't indicate you're good at it or an expert. If anything the majority coast through life doing bare minimum in everything. I've saw nothing that tells me it wouldn't apply in all professions."

Seriously, do you know how hard it is to become a doctor, let alone a consultant?

What you just said is hugely disrespectful.

Sheffield

"

Oh come on now.

Do you not think a consultant in the field has a degree of vaccine knowledge beyond the average layman? "

No I absolutely do and I genuinely ment it when I said I'm not trying to be facetius. I just don't think it should stifle debates. I have seen numerous consultants come out in the media contemplating loosing there Jobs over the proposed NHS vaccine mandates at the time,because they simply did not believe the evidence was sufficient to show a reduction in transmission or that it was efficacious for younger people not at risk of becoming seriously ill from Covid.

Sheffield

This site is full of people that invent all kinds of stuff and not just on the forum

He works in your city, randomly "

Hahaha small world.. Think the center for tropical diseases is right next to the department for genital urinary medicine as well. Might pass him on my way for my next retuine check up ????

Sheffield

"If there was only a small chance of passing on a possibly deadly disease then i would take all precautions to stop that happening. And certainly not encourage others to ignore medical advise. Especially if youre in a position to influence others."

Oh really? There absolutely still is a "small chance" of passing on a possibly deadly disease. Are you taking "ALL" precautions now to stop that happening? I don't think so..