FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Staff shortages due to vaccine mandates

Staff shortages due to vaccine mandates

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone worried about this?

Chances are it won’t have as big an impact as the news makes out, due to the majority of people being double jabbed and more people getting boosted.

If it shows that it does become a problem, whats the remedy? Take the NHS and care, for example, Its interesting to hear people say ‘i wouldn’t want an unvaxxed person treating me or mine’, but what about when the choice is taken away from you and there are not enough staff to treat people anyway?

Thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

It would be interesting to see how many front line medical staff this actually impacts?

As you say the media love to hype these things up.

By *orkieBiFemWoman  over a year ago

Barnsley

I’m a nurse we’re only vaccinating maybe once a week for 4 hours in our local area with 5 clinicians. Mostly staffed by extra hours rather than taking staff off routine work.

The big issue at the moment is actually the number of staff either testing positive or COVID or they are caring for their sick children.

We are already 4 nurses short anyway. We cannot recruit nurses because there are none. The ones we recruit are leaving in droves plus we were short anyway after Teresa May got the rid of the bursary. Our EU nurses left with brexit. I can’t see how it’s going to improve to be honest without increased terms and conditions for nurses and massive overseas recruitment of nurses

By *r and Miss MischiefCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

The sad thing is the government seem to not have a contingency plan in place for when NHS staff leave due to the mandate. My question is how are they going to cope on skeleton staff?

In your bed

"The sad thing is the government seem to not have a contingency plan in place for when NHS staff leave due to the mandate. My question is how are they going to cope on skeleton staff?"

But how many will leave due to the mandate?

Its a simple enough question but no one seems to be able to answer it.

As of X date how many frontline medical staff will have to leave?

Words like many, lots, skeleton staff are all great terms for spinning a story. But how many seems to be lacking

1?

2?

1000?

100000?

Its not a hard number to find as they will need to be getting the p45s ready if it goes ahead.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Think a realistic maximum number of staff to lose due to vaccine mandates would be around 5%. Can’t see it being any more than that. Most people are sensible.

This would be a very significant number to lose on current staffing levels.

In your bed

"Think a realistic maximum number of staff to lose due to vaccine mandates would be around 5%. Can’t see it being any more than that. Most people are sensible.

This would be a very significant number to lose on current staffing levels."

Why 5%?

Ive seen no numbers at all being banded about.

This is my point you can't judge the impact without knowing the numbers.

I could equally say realistically it will only be 3 nurses as the rest are actually office staff.

I have no evidence, you would have thought a newspaper would ask for that figure (unless it does not support their overall narrative)

In your bed

OK so an itn report from November puts it at 70k.

More than 70,000 unvaccinated NHS staff will need to get the jab or risk losing their job after the government announced Covid-19 jabs would be compulsory for NHS England workers.

But they don't break it down into medical and none medical staff.

It also does not say how many are medically except from the vaccine and how many are exempt due to being none patient facing.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"The sad thing is the government seem to not have a contingency plan in place for when NHS staff leave due to the mandate. My question is how are they going to cope on skeleton staff?

Words like many, lots, skeleton staff are all great terms for spinning a story. But how many seems to be lacking

1?

2?

1000?

100000?

Its not a hard number to find as they will need to be getting the p45s ready if it goes ahead. "

Kings College hospital are estimating around 1000 from their hospital, which is approximately 10% of their staff.

Bristol

"Think a realistic maximum number of staff to lose due to vaccine mandates would be around 5%. Can’t see it being any more than that. Most people are sensible.

Why 5%?

I could equally say realistically it will only be 3 nurses as the rest are actually office staff.

I have no evidence, you would have thought a newspaper would ask for that figure (unless it does not support their overall narrative) "

It’s a guess, based on estimating the number of people who are likely to be sensible and get vaccinated, and estimating the number who aren’t.

By *affygt61Man  over a year ago

rhondda

If they're testing negative why the need for the vaccine.

By *ose and her beastCouple  over a year ago

Watford

Eventually we will just have to live with the virus it will take a while but don't be surprised when all the regulation and rules stop the patience is wearing very thin for lots of company's and businesses

Its not just NHS though, there was another thread about it being possible in the army. What about the police force? Many of these sectors are already understaffed and on tight budgets.

By *appy 2 lickMan  over a year ago

lanarkshire

What's the point of only jabbed staff this so called vax does not stop you form getting covid or spreading it.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"What's the point of only jabbed staff this so called vax does not stop you form getting covid or spreading it. "

It reduces symptoms, helps reduce infection and keeps people alive.

All well documented and plenty of evidence

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I support them and pro choice. I think that they will eventually bend the rules if more staff wont take it, remember also that an unvaxxed person is also one who doesnt keep up with the boosters.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

So when they lose their jobs through not being vaccinated and cannot get any unemployment benefits because they have their jobs up what they going to do then ?

Especially if they go to get another job and the employer requires their vaccine status ?

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Why 5%?

I have no evidence, you would have thought a newspaper would ask for that figure (unless it does not support their overall narrative)

It’s a guess, based on estimating the number of people who are likely to be sensible and get vaccinated, and estimating the number who aren’t."

You keep throwing around the term sensible like it makes sense for everyone to get vaccinated. I have a friend, prior history of clots, can't take certain medications already, has had covid twice, yet she will lose her job for not wanting to take that risk with her health. Where is the sense in that?

Bristol

Why 5%?

It’s a guess, based on estimating the number of people who are likely to be sensible and get vaccinated, and estimating the number who aren’t.You keep throwing around the term sensible like it makes sense for everyone to get vaccinated. I have a friend, prior history of clots, can't take certain medications already, has had covid twice, yet she will lose her job for not wanting to take that risk with her health. Where is the sense in that?"

For the majority of people it is sensible. In your friend’s case, if a doctor has advised them not to take the vaccine due to a personal health risk then that clearly does not apply to them.

It would also be very surprising if they are at risk of losing their job if they follow medical advice.

Teesside

Why 5%?

It’s a guess, based on estimating the number of people who are likely to be sensible and get vaccinated, and estimating the number who aren’t.You keep throwing around the term sensible like it makes sense for everyone to get vaccinated. I have a friend, prior history of clots, can't take certain medications already, has had covid twice, yet she will lose her job for not wanting to take that risk with her health. Where is the sense in that?

For the majority of people it is sensible. In your friend’s case, if a doctor has advised them not to take the vaccine due to a personal health risk then that clearly does not apply to them.

It would also be very surprising if they are at risk of losing their job if they follow medical advice."

Well they are currently seeking legal advice because that is what's happening.

Teesside

Also, all medications have a risk. At what percentage does that risk give you a pass for not being "sensible"?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Someome please explain to me what is sensible about buying anything Sold on If,Could,Might,Should with no liability especially when the sales people are a bloke who is a proven habitual liar and behavioural scientists who have not got one single thing correct in two years. I call that gullible in a lot of cases but I understand through the amount of fear pumped out at the time people just thought it is the right thing to do. I am not against people having It. I am against people being forced by coersion to have it which ultimately is illegal. So to is medical discrimination. The NHS are wearing a purple ribbon in opposememt to this tyrannical rule.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Anyone worried about this?

Chances are it won’t have as big an impact as the news makes out, due to the majority of people being double jabbed and more people getting boosted.

If it shows that it does become a problem, whats the remedy? Take the NHS and care, for example, Its interesting to hear people say ‘i wouldn’t want an unvaxxed person treating me or mine’, but what about when the choice is taken away from you and there are not enough staff to treat people anyway?

Thoughts? "

A year ago next week my mum was killed by it. A carer gave it to her (she was locked down in a care home and the only people she saw were carers). I couldn't give a flying fuck if her carer was vaxxed or not. I care very much that they were infected and passed it along to her and it tortured her before it killed her.

No longer relevant for me... But I'd rather her care took a dip than she had a carer who was infected. Not sure vax status of the carer is even relevant.

By *ubforspanksMan  over a year ago

Sefton

As they say it doesn't stop you catching and spreading the virus it might reduce the potential but the likelihood is still there, I know people who are fully vaccinated and boostered but have had COVID twice, maybe a 4th jab might help who knows

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

Thoughts? "

The issue is that it means always being FULLY vaccinated. That means those double jabbed are classed as full anymore and would lose their job if they keep up with the tri-monthly booster program.

Thoughts?

A year ago next week my mum was killed by it. A carer gave it to her (she was locked down in a care home and the only people she saw were carers). I couldn't give a flying fuck if her carer was vaxxed or not. I care very much that they were infected and passed it along to her and it tortured her before it killed her.

No longer relevant for me... But I'd rather her care took a dip than she had a carer who was infected. Not sure vax status of the carer is even relevant. "

Thats something that is not discussed much also in terms of screening for staff. Asking staff to rely on lft. Why are there not more covid screening programmes? Shouldn't have to wait until you have symptoms to book a pcr. As we all know you can still carry covid if you're vaccinated, so regular reliable testing should certainly be a thing.

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

"As they say it doesn't stop you catching and spreading the virus it might reduce the potential but the likelihood is still there, I know people who are fully vaccinated and boostered but have had COVID twice, maybe a 4th jab might help who knows"

They mever said it would protect. They said it would reduce symptoms if you got it but people glossed over that at first until they started saying it did

By *ubforspanksMan  over a year ago

Sefton

I'd have no problem getting treated by an unvaccinated person as that doesn't mean they are infected, likewise a vaccinated person could have COVID and infect you, just look at all the vaccinated patient in Hospital who have been vaccinated

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"The sad thing is the government seem to not have a contingency plan in place for when NHS staff leave due to the mandate. My question is how are they going to cope on skeleton staff?

1?

2?

1000?

100000?

Its not a hard number to find as they will need to be getting the p45s ready if it goes ahead. "

Not realy that easy as lots of agency staff as well and lots of them where not at the front of the que when vaccination started.

Also will this included private care, hospital, and fercilitys

Common sense prevails subsforspanks!! The narrative of it's ok for a potentially infected vaccinated person to treat someone who is ill and pass it on, deemed as logical as opposed to a potentially uninfected person that is not vacinated to treat someone who is unwell deemed as illogical is frankly imbecilic.

Choir they didn't actually say would. They said MIGHT and May reduce symptoms. Very big difference there. it's the same as died WITH covid and not died OF covid. As I say proven liars who have not got one single thing right in two years only pumped fear fear and more fear in peoples minds.

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

"Choir they didn't actually say would. They said MIGHT and May reduce symptoms. Very big difference there. it's the same as died WITH covid and not died OF covid. As I say proven liars who have not got one single thing right in two years only pumped fear fear and more fear in peoples minds."

Preaching to the Choir here fella

P

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

Thoughts? "

The unvaxxed nurses last year were heros, now folk want to see them lose their jobs and be out on the street. The hypocrocy this thing has brought out in folks is unreal

Sorry if I come across as preaching not my intention. I am just sick of watching this great society run round in circles chasing their tail.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

Thoughts?

The unvaxxed nurses last year were heros, now folk want to see them lose their jobs and be out on the street. The hypocrocy this thing has brought out in folks is unreal"

How do you know they were unfaxed last year?

Thoughts?

The unvaxxed nurses last year were heros, now folk want to see them lose their jobs and be out on the street. The hypocrocy this thing has brought out in folks is unreal"

Exactly this

Follow nhs100K on instagram to listen to nhs staff although I'm sure it's more than 100k now (think you can use that hashtag on twitter also). I am all for pro choice.

Staff in care homes have already lost there jobs to the same thing. Who's next after the nhs? Teachers?

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Thoughts?

and don’t forget the negative impact loosing all of these trained staff will have. Where is the logic (and science!) behind this strategy? How is this about protecting public health ? They should dig in; don’t resign and call their bluff. If you do end up getting the sack then surely there are grounds for constructive dismissal.

"What's the point of only jabbed staff this so called vax does not stop you form getting covid or spreading it.

All well documented and plenty of evidence"

Yip also plenty of evidence too that these experimental vaccines have killed & permanently injured 1000’s of people but we are not allowed to have an open discussion about that !!

Excellent point curly wurly. Who indeed is next. The teacher. The nursery nurse the checkout assistant the person who cannot possibly work from home. If the jab did not stop transmission, did not stop contraction, did not cause severe adverse reactions. We yet to see the long term effects mind, . If it did those three magical things I would be all for it but it doesn't. It was sold on If,Could,Might,Should with no liability. For me I don't buy anything on those terms especially when it's a proven liar and wittmeister who has not got one single guess correct to date selling them. Support these nurses support these care workers support freedom once it's gone we will never get it back.

By *perfectpair5050Couple  over a year ago

marlbourgh

[Removed by poster at 11/01/22 06:19:25]

The bigger problem is staff absence due to the isolation rules.

Med and nursing staff already have Hep B vaccine mandates in place and no one complains about them. Not sure why this one is an issue (yes, it’s a new treatment but if there were serious side effects we would know about them by now).

In any case, non vaccinated people could surely work with non-immune compromised people who we know generally do fine with Covid. There are ways around this but the rigid approach is not helping.

midlands

Thoughts?

The unvaxxed nurses last year were heros, now folk want to see them lose their jobs and be out on the street. The hypocrocy this thing has brought out in folks is unreal

How do you know they were unfaxed last year? "

Because the vax has only been out just over a year, so they could not have been

By *readsOfValhallaCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

Roll up, roll up, hear ye, hear ye...privatisation of the NHS immanent. It will be a steady, and slow process but we'll get there. Turns out we didn't save the NHS after all. We had a good go. People seem to forget the mess our governments had made of our health service before all this drama. Now this can be used as a smoke screen to cover up their mistakes in the run up to this. It's amazing how short term so many memories are.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

[Removed by poster at 11/01/22 07:21:19]

"What's the point of only jabbed staff this so called vax does not stop you form getting covid or spreading it.

Yip also plenty of evidence too that these experimental vaccines have killed & permanently injured 1000’s of people but we are not allowed to have an open discussion about that !! "

Thats because there's no actual evidence, the vaccines aren't experimental and haven't killed and permanently injured 1000s of people.

Theres nothing to discuss.

Winston

In your bed

Yip also plenty of evidence too that these experimental vaccines have killed & permanently injured 1000’s of people but we are not allowed to have an open discussion about that !!

Thats because there's no actual evidence, the vaccines aren't experimental and haven't killed and permanently injured 1000s of people.

Winston"

To be fair world wide a 1000 might be possible.

I think it was close to 100 in the UK.(although which were caused and which were coincidence has never been resolved)

But the lack of balance comes when you compare that to the 100000+ killed when there was no vaccination available.

The impact of the vaccine is there for all the see (worldwide).

But you will always have those who feel that making a choice with a low risk is worse than doing nothing with a higher risk.

Doing nothing (no change) gives a naturally safe feeling, whether or not the stars back up that view.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"I’m a nurse we’re only vaccinating maybe once a week for 4 hours in our local area with 5 clinicians. Mostly staffed by extra hours rather than taking staff off routine work.

The big issue at the moment is actually the number of staff either testing positive or COVID or they are caring for their sick children.

We are already 4 nurses short anyway. We cannot recruit nurses because there are none. The ones we recruit are leaving in droves plus we were short anyway after Teresa May got the rid of the bursary. Our EU nurses left with brexit. I can’t see how it’s going to improve to be honest without increased terms and conditions for nurses and massive overseas recruitment of nurses "

Am I right saying UK employed alot of Flippino nurses to help with the shortage before? Could they do this again?

In your bed

"I’m a nurse we’re only vaccinating maybe once a week for 4 hours in our local area with 5 clinicians. Mostly staffed by extra hours rather than taking staff off routine work.

We are already 4 nurses short anyway. We cannot recruit nurses because there are none. The ones we recruit are leaving in droves plus we were short anyway after Teresa May got the rid of the bursary. Our EU nurses left with brexit. I can’t see how it’s going to improve to be honest without increased terms and conditions for nurses and massive overseas recruitment of nurses

Am I right saying UK employed alot of Flippino nurses to help with the shortage before? Could they do this again?"

There are a few issues with that

Would they come?

Should they come?

It feels slightly wrong to be stealing another countries health workers during a pandemic.

What I have never got my head around is why we train so few doctors and nurses (and dentists) .

We should be training more than we need maybe twice as many.

Those who qualify but don't get a job will have skills other sectors need, they will be just as qualified as a person with any other degree for office work.

That way you don't have this nonsense of permanent shortages with us needing to borrow from other countries.

Bristol

Why 5%?

It’s a guess, based on estimating the number of people who are likely to be sensible and get vaccinated, and estimating the number who aren’t.You keep throwing around the term sensible like it makes sense for everyone to get vaccinated. I have a friend, prior history of clots, can't take certain medications already, has had covid twice, yet she will lose her job for not wanting to take that risk with her health. Where is the sense in that?

It would also be very surprising if they are at risk of losing their job if they follow medical advice.Well they are currently seeking legal advice because that is what's happening."

So they have specifically been advised by a doctor not to take the vaccine, and as a consequence are not taking it, and are under threat of losing their job?

In answer to your second point, the risk of adverse affects from the vaccine for the majority of people are so low in comparison to the much larger risk of serious health issues from contracting Covid while unvaccinated, that most people refusing the vaccines on ‘risk’ grounds are not remotely sensible. Hope that’s perfectly clear.

Midlands

That’s doesn’t make senses what you are saying as there are no medium or long term data to claim the jabs are safe. They simply don’t know that’s why people are being cautious and rightly so.

Bristol

"That’s doesn’t make senses what you are saying as there are no medium or long term data to claim the jabs are safe. They simply don’t know that’s why people are being cautious and rightly so."

There is more usage data available on these vaccines than any others ever used in human history. The number of people ‘judging the risk’ who are actually qualified in any way to do so will be less than a fraction of 1%. So no, not sensible.

Midlands

No clinical data to confirm long term safety what are you not understanding?

Bristol

"No clinical data to confirm long term safety what are you not understanding?"

We already have mountains of evidence of the proven long term risks from not being vaccinated, of which death is only one. We also don’t know how serious some of the effects from Covid will prove to be over the long term. These risks are exponentially higher than any from being vaccinated.

What are you not understanding?

Midlands

How can you say ‘these risks are exponentially higher than any from any being vaccinated” when there is no long term clinical data that exist on planet earth that prove these jabs are safe long term. You still don’t understand do you? You can’t accept this can you?

Bristol

"How can you say ‘these risks are exponentially higher than any from any being vaccinated” when there is no long term clinical data that exist on planet earth that prove these jabs are safe long term. You still don’t understand do you? You can’t accept this can you?"

You’ve nothing to offer this discussion, so we can leave it there. Good luck.

midlands

"No clinical data to confirm long term safety what are you not understanding?

We already have mountains of evidence of the proven long term risks from not being vaccinated, of which death is only one. We also don’t know how serious some of the effects from Covid will prove to be over the long term. These risks are exponentially higher than any from being vaccinated.

What are you not understanding?"

How can we have long term data, 2 years doesnt count as long term

"How can you say ‘these risks are exponentially higher than any from any being vaccinated” when there is no long term clinical data that exist on planet earth that prove these jabs are safe long term. You still don’t understand do you? You can’t accept this can you?

You’ve nothing to offer this discussion, so we can leave it there. Good luck."

It appears to me that you are shutting this discussion down because you have nothing to offer.

Is it because there is no 'long term' data on the safety and efficacy of COVID vaccines?

Winston"

People get 'experimental' mixed up with 'emergency use authorization' (EUA).

You claim the vaccines have not killed and permanently injured 1000s of people.

How many is it then?

Winston

How many is it then?"

I don't claim the vaccines have not killed and permanently injured 1000s of people. Theres not a shred of factual, statistical data or evidence of this whatsoever.

Winston

Winston

How many is it then?

I don't claim the vaccines have not killed and permanently injured 1000s of people. Theres not a shred of factual, statistical data or evidence of this whatsoever.

Winston"

Have you looked?

Try VigiAccess, which was launched by the World Health Organisation (WHO).

Bristol

"How can you say ‘these risks are exponentially higher than any from any being vaccinated” when there is no long term clinical data that exist on planet earth that prove these jabs are safe long term. You still don’t understand do you? You can’t accept this can you?

You’ve nothing to offer this discussion, so we can leave it there. Good luck.

It appears to me that you are shutting this discussion down because you have nothing to offer.

Is it because there is no 'long term' data on the safety and efficacy of COVID vaccines?"

You don’t seem to be able to understand the most basic points regarding this either, so there’s also nothing for us to discuss. Feel free to consider the discussion shut down for whatever reason you like that makes you feel better about it. Good luck.

Thoughts? "

I'm more worried about staff shortages due to being off with the virus because that's what's actually happening right now.

The Rona act must be repealed immediately and we live with this like we do everything else. Permitting a Jabbed nurse to potentially infect a sick person is ridiculous. If the jab did three crucial things stop transmission, Contraction an hospitalization Then it's a no brainer but it fails to do so. If,Could,Might,Should is unacceptable.

Or are some staff just exploiting the system for some free holiday to enjoy another box set. Give some people an inch what do some do. Take the piss

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"Or are some staff just exploiting the system for some free holiday to enjoy another box set. Give some people an inch what do some do. Take the piss"

Don’t judge everyone by your own standards

Vaccinated or not, they should not be forced to do something they don't want to, in order to keep their job.

Personally, I don't care if the staff caring for me or my family is vaccinated or not, provided we get the care that's needed.

They have to yest before every shift regardless, so don't see what the problem is.

And please remember people, thus is just my personal opinion, so please respect that, don't need shit for having my own views. I respect others views and don't get on my high horse.

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Just ignore them lilly if they get on their high horse especially if they have no opinion of substance just means you have touched and nerve. People like that from what I can see are the bed wetting minority the same ones who grassed on their own neighbours.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Surely that is what the 2 or 3 week lockdown was for, to prevent the NHS becoming overwhelmed.

The bonus side of it was, that businesses might get a breather from staff shortages due to them isolating.

By *hocCock1Man  over a year ago

Hampshire

All well documented and plenty of evidence"

OK, so how does that impact someone who has chosen to be jabbed ? I'm genuinely trying to get my head round that point of view

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Did anyone else see the video clip from sky news where a doctor challenged the health minister? Javid was speechless, the video have now been viewed 2 million times, here it is:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOlEYcd1nyI.

Bristol

Yes, the doctor in question made quite the fool of himself.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"Did anyone else see the video clip from sky news where a doctor challenged the health minister? Javid was speechless, the video have now been viewed 2 million times, here it is:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOlEYcd1nyI."

The most viewed video on YouTube is "Baby Shark Dance" with 10 BILLION views popularity isn't always a good thing lol

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Just ignore them lilly if they get on their high horse especially if they have no opinion of substance just means you have touched and nerve. People like that from what I can see are the bed wetting minority the same ones who grassed on their own neighbours. "

» Add a new message to this topic