FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Long term effect of COVID v Vaccine

Long term effect of COVID v Vaccine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *dysseusuk OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

It's important to understand and appreciate why people might be vaccine-hesitant. One of their concerns is the unknown long term effect of the vaccine. It will be years before we also know the long term effects of a COVID infection, although we know that 1.3m people in the UK are struggling with long COVID. Science is I am told by some clinician friends starting to reveal some worrying findings. This was written in an e-mail to me today from a clinician and academic friend in Boston, USA."I am extra careful given how bad the organ damage can be from covid- even mild cases… we are seeing new dementia symptoms after covid in older people and I do not want this virus. The general public thinks it a cold and it is not - kidney damage, stillbirths, dementia… and babies have died. So I am VERY careful." She is pregnant too and due in March. Truth is we really know the long term effects of either an infection or a vaccine, but personally, I will take my chances with the latter.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It's important to understand and appreciate why people might be vaccine-hesitant. One of their concerns is the unknown long term effect of the vaccine. It will be years before we also know the long term effects of a COVID infection, although we know that 1.3m people in the UK are struggling with long COVID. Science is I am told by some clinician friends starting to reveal some worrying findings. This was written in an e-mail to me today from a clinician and academic friend in Boston, USA."I am extra careful given how bad the organ damage can be from covid- even mild cases… we are seeing new dementia symptoms after covid in older people and I do not want this virus. The general public thinks it a cold and it is not - kidney damage, stillbirths, dementia… and babies have died. So I am VERY careful." She is pregnant too and due in March. Truth is we really know the long term effects of either an infection or a vaccine, but personally, I will take my chances with the latter. "

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yeah. What I know about long term effects of vaccines versus viruses - vaccines all the way

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Very interesting topic. More needs to be done at unbiased and balanced communication in this area. Instead of reams of heavy data that most people are turned off by, or in some cases actually struggle to understand, they need to make better use of infographics and enable people to understand comparative risk.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"It's important to understand and appreciate why people might be vaccine-hesitant. One of their concerns is the unknown long term effect of the vaccine. It will be years before we also know the long term effects of a COVID infection, although we know that 1.3m people in the UK are struggling with long COVID. Science is I am told by some clinician friends starting to reveal some worrying findings. This was written in an e-mail to me today from a clinician and academic friend in Boston, USA."I am extra careful given how bad the organ damage can be from covid- even mild cases… we are seeing new dementia symptoms after covid in older people and I do not want this virus. The general public thinks it a cold and it is not - kidney damage, stillbirths, dementia… and babies have died. So I am VERY careful." She is pregnant too and due in March. Truth is we really know the long term effects of either an infection or a vaccine, but personally, I will take my chances with the latter. "

Has her email been peer reviewed. If not then stop scaremongering.

By *r and Miss MischiefCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

The problem with Long term effect of COVID v Vaccine is that a lot of the people who have had covid have also taken the vaccine too so it’s hard to separate the affects from long term covid from the effects from the vaccine that has occurred in the same body. One could argue that the affects of the vaccines are being put down as the effects of covid-19 and vice Versa!

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

What a load of scaremongering bollox, are you proud OP?

All I know is covid nearly killed me life support etc I have been triple jabbed now because I’m high risk still got no taste and smell two years later

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The risk of long-term effects from a disease are hard to formulate, when health services are overloaded and dealing with a barely manageable crisis. Long Covid is just starting to be better understood and it will take time to fully evaluate to an adequate level.

The fear mongering over pregnancy is not borne out from very high volumes of data analysis though.

This email may not be that different to a YouTube posy, of course, so bear that in mind.

Stick with the established very high quality published evidence

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"It's important to understand and appreciate why people might be vaccine-hesitant. One of their concerns is the unknown long term effect of the vaccine. It will be years before we also know the long term effects of a COVID infection, although we know that 1.3m people in the UK are struggling with long COVID. Science is I am told by some clinician friends starting to reveal some worrying findings. This was written in an e-mail to me today from a clinician and academic friend in Boston, USA."I am extra careful given how bad the organ damage can be from covid- even mild cases… we are seeing new dementia symptoms after covid in older people and I do not want this virus. The general public thinks it a cold and it is not - kidney damage, stillbirths, dementia… and babies have died. So I am VERY careful." She is pregnant too and due in March. Truth is we really know the long term effects of either an infection or a vaccine, but personally, I will take my chances with the latter.

What a load of scaremongering bollox, are you proud OP? "

Perhaps you could give some constructive opinion rather than just being rude and insulting.

By *dysseusuk OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

"It's important to understand and appreciate why people might be vaccine-hesitant. One of their concerns is the unknown long term effect of the vaccine. It will be years before we also know the long term effects of a COVID infection, although we know that 1.3m people in the UK are struggling with long COVID. Science is I am told by some clinician friends starting to reveal some worrying findings. This was written in an e-mail to me today from a clinician and academic friend in Boston, USA."I am extra careful given how bad the organ damage can be from covid- even mild cases… we are seeing new dementia symptoms after covid in older people and I do not want this virus. The general public thinks it a cold and it is not - kidney damage, stillbirths, dementia… and babies have died. So I am VERY careful." She is pregnant too and due in March. Truth is we really know the long term effects of either an infection or a vaccine, but personally, I will take my chances with the latter.

Has her email been peer reviewed. If not then stop scaremongering."

Of course not - but she is involved in some high level ongoing studies on the neurological impact of COVID - and there is emerging evidence that COVID causes the same sort of issues you see in people living with dementia. In due course the work will be submitted to peer review, and she wouldn't mention it as a world leading clinician, if there wasn't some substance behind it. Nooine needs to be scared, we just have to be aware

Very easy to post complete and utter baloney here without and peer reviewed studies or medical documents to back it all up.

Reading

Perhaps you could give some constructive opinion rather than just being rude and insulting."

Or perhaps you could back up the claims with facts…… over to you

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

Perhaps you could give some constructive opinion rather than just being rude and insulting.

Or perhaps you could back up the claims with facts…… over to you "

I didn't make any claims, your just trolling for a fight well sorry pal

Happy new year

Reading

Happy new year"

You too fella

Reading

Happy new year"

PS it’s you’re

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

Or perhaps you could back up the claims with facts…… over to you "

https://evidence.nihr.ac.uk/alert/organ-damage-more-likely-after-covid-hospital-discharge/

Yep and evidence coming in about the virus lingering in the brain and testes as those are well known immune privileged sites. So concerns about early onset dementia and erectile disfunction now starting to be studied. All those non vaccinated risking quite a bit. One way or anothe Pfizer will have their money out of you

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"All I know is covid nearly killed me life support etc I have been triple jabbed now because I’m high risk still got no taste and smell two years later "

Unlucky you caught Covid before the two first known British cases on 29 January 2020

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

"All I know is covid nearly killed me life support etc I have been triple jabbed now because I’m high risk still got no taste and smell two years later

Unlucky you caught Covid before the two first known British cases on 29 January 2020 "

And I wonder if the symptoms will have helped his fab career

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I do get that. My personal reason for having the vaccine is to try to keep myself out of hospital now with a covid complication.

Nothing more nothing less...

» Add a new message to this topic