FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Boris

Boris

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Watching the news about Boris Johnston's parties while we were in lockdown, should he resign? I say yes, what do you think fellow fabbers

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

100%

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

And be replaced with another one that was in cahoots ?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Very true

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

He should resign. But also - who's next to rule over us? Gove? Rees-Mogg? *Shudders*

Tobias Ellwood would be my ideal candidate but I dont think he wants the job. The Tory's are tarnished with Way to much sleaze I feel we are at a crossroads in politics and it's system we need fresh wind fresh direction and fresh minds at the helm. What do we have to loose change comes when people change habbits

Of course he should resign.

By *hebritukCouple  over a year ago

London

We think all those people who have been prosecuted for breaking Covid rule should be apologise too. By Boris the noob.

"We think all those people who have been prosecuted for breaking Covid rule should be apologise too. By Boris the noob. "

Even better, get Johnson to pay all their fines. He'd really hate that.

By *omerset tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Weston-super-Mare

A labour party of years gone by would have walked into no 10 but cus they are such a weak party nowadays the Tories are continuing a free run of everything and will continue to do so until Labour get some credability back tbh Corben was labours worse enemy he lost them so many voters cus he was an idiot

By *hebritukCouple  over a year ago

London

"We think all those people who have been prosecuted for breaking Covid rule should be apologise too. By Boris the noob.

Even better, get Johnson to pay all their fines. He'd really hate that."

Probably get one of his donors to pay.

"We think all those people who have been prosecuted for breaking Covid rule should be apologise too. By Boris the noob.

Probably get one of his donors to pay."

He probably would.

Then that would come out further down the road, causing yet another Johnson special scandal.

North West

Probably get one of his donors to pay."

Even the donors are getting pissed off. They don't want to be tainted by association. If the money goes elsewhere, so will the sycophants that go with it.

I think he will be shoved off the cliff before he jumps off it himself

Even an old couple were charged for walking in the peak district by themselves. It has been a criminal government very much a smash and grab outfit. 37 billion quid for a test and trace app that doesn't work that app experts say should of cost 10k at very maximum. The kids will be paying for this and their kids. It's aboherrent as Blair's knighthood.

Labour are weak as piss they try to please everyone they are debt this rock just cannot afford in my view I'm researching Reform their policy's seem to resonate

By *oshker71Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

I hope Corbin sets up his new party.

By *asters_kittenCouple  over a year ago

Luton

[Removed by poster at 12/01/22 01:09:37]

By *asters_kittenCouple  over a year ago

Luton

"Watching the news about Boris Johnston's parties while we were in lockdown, should he resign? I say yes, what do you think fellow fabbers"

No.He should be sacked.

He should not be allowed to resign.

From the point he had the frigging knees up in May he should have to pay back what ever wages he earned also.

Twice, this absolute tosser has had a knees up while people Died alone in hospital and their loved ones watched on freaking video call.

One rule for them, one rule for every unworthy us that are below him obviously.

So an absolute resounding no should he have the chance to resign. He should also be charged with what ever they need to charge him with and on top, give him the maximum fine for breaking the laws or rules that he set out.

He should be made an example of and hung out to dry. X x x

Kitten xxx

Impeachment would be most suited for the past two years. I worry what message this goverments behaviour has sent to future leaders.

North West

"Impeachment would be most suited for the past two years. I worry what message this goverments behaviour has sent to future leaders. "

Impeachment? Are you the correct side of the Atlantic?

My own opinion please do not judge me

I think he should go , l know the choice of who to replace isn't good but we could give them a chance

By *ayjay218Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Although he already acts like he has carte Blanche. I shudder to think what he will be like if he survives this recent expose! He probably won’t even bother trying to hide what he does He must rub his hands every time he gets away with it and just pushes it further

You can impeach a prime minister on grounds of treason not just in the states it's much harder to do here but the justification is there. It's extremely unlikely they will. just the preffered outcome I'd like instead of resignation but resignation will have to do.

Very well said

"Although he already acts like he has carte Blanche. I shudder to think what he will be like if he survives this recent expose! He probably won’t even bother trying to hide what he does He must rub his hands every time he gets away with it and just pushes it further "

When he was confronted on the news about the party, he actually smirked while answering. That's how little he cares about rules or laws. And how little he cares about the sacrifces so many people made.

So, yes, I'm sure he'll be even worse if he gets away with all this.

By *aspsMan  over a year ago

dundee

They should all resign tgat were at any of the parties during lockdown

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"And be replaced with another one that was in cahoots ?"

The whole lot should go. They won’t, but they should!

Brighton

"Watching the news about Boris Johnston's parties while we were in lockdown, should he resign? I say yes, what do you think fellow fabbers

No.He should be sacked.

He should not be allowed to resign.

From the point he had the frigging knees up in May he should have to pay back what ever wages he earned also.

Twice, this absolute tosser has had a knees up while people Died alone in hospital and their loved ones watched on freaking video call.

One rule for them, one rule for every unworthy us that are below him obviously.

So an absolute resounding no should he have the chance to resign. He should also be charged with what ever they need to charge him with and on top, give him the maximum fine for breaking the laws or rules that he set out.

He should be made an example of and hung out to dry. X x x

Kitten xxx

"

Actually this is a better answer than mine so THIS

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

More Politics than Virus but he should have resigned long, long ago.

It was clear long, long before this that he and the people left in his party after the purge are incompetent, shameless liars.

Yet, he has been supported by many in the country and in the forums.

If this is the measure of the party leadership then why are any of their big statements from Brexit to levelling up believable?

Also, if a party lies brazenly again and again and the population supports them regardless, is their anything that any opposition can do? Is it really that they are weak or is it that those who have invested so heavily in BoJo that they cannot admit such a huge error of judgement?

Who will admit that they were mistaken in voting the way that they did?

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

No we don't need the anxiety a new face will cause yet in this pandemic, lots and lots of people need him atm and will follow him regardless of his behaviour, misplaced trust is very common and a known face is a comfort.

If a police investigation is held and he is found to have broken the law then he absolutely should be penalised in the correct way by the police

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

He should resign, as any decent leader would have done long ago. But his party is stacked with as good as criminals who have plundered public money by the £billions. What matters only for them is power and money - theirs.

It is sickening to see public office brought into such disrepute, where fraud is the norm.

Laughing at the ordinary plebs who vote for them and don't care.

He is hanging on to his job by a thread . I for one will celebrate the day he resigns or gets ousted. The bloke is vile

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

No

Brighton

"More Politics than Virus but he should have resigned long, long ago.

It was clear long, long before this that he and the people left in his party after the purge are incompetent, shameless liars.

If this is the measure of the party leadership then why are any of their big statements from Brexit to levelling up believable?

Also, if a party lies brazenly again and again and the population supports them regardless, is their anything that any opposition can do? Is it really that they are weak or is it that those who have invested so heavily in BoJo that they cannot admit such a huge error of judgement?

Who will admit that they were mistaken in voting the way that they did?"

MIRACLE we agree on something

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"I hope Corbin sets up his new party."

Screaming Lord Sutch beat him to it,

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Yes, without question. His position given he's already lied over this issue on 8th Dec is untenable under the ministerial code..

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

midlands

Boris needs to go.

On PMQS today he will say the usual bullshit about waiting for Sue Grey report to tell the public if he was at the party.

The people at the party also need to be fired and everyone needs to be fined just like Joe Public did.

Will the people that got fined be able to get their money back if BoJo gets found out he was at a party and does not get a fine?

By *eachcplCouple  over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

He should go but won't unless he is forced out by a no confidence vote by MPs. He is a hard faced bastard who has lurched from one lie to the next. He certainly won't go of his own accord because he does not have an ounce of decency in his body. The man is a disgrace

Brighton

Alexander’s Head Master at Eton identified his over inflated sense of entitlement (the letter makes good reading).

He won’t resign he will have to be pushed.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I don't care. You have to expect politicians to be dishonest, it's almost part of the job description.

If he did go, who replaces him? Dishy Rishi? Disco Gove? Tank Girl Truss?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Could Boris say that all 30 in the garden were testing their eyes looking for Barnard Castle ?

By *hongman1Man  over a year ago

Mansfield

In short yeah he should.

This pandemic has cost lives, jobs, financial pressures for millions, businesses. It’s caused untold amounts of difficulties for millions of people and he went with “do as I say not as I do” and it’s an utter disgrace. However, who do we get, we get another one of his pals that inevitably sticks him in a top job anyway.

From top to bottom, the whole entire government is broken and we essentially just get to choose the lesser of the idiots!

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

Who will admit that they were mistaken in voting the way that they did?"

The opposition were flattened in the run up to 2016

Cummings knew whoever flew the flag for Brexit stood a chance of turning the labour strongholds blue in the next election, a great incentive for any wannabe PM.

They needed an entertainer, a thick skin, a publicly recognisable stooge to deliver the lies and it worked all the way up until the day Cummings was dethroned by the puppet.

Boris's world has crumbled slowly and steadily since the puppet master was sacked, this latest episode was engineered from his hands.

Removing him is a must but not under the control of Rees-Mogg.

in Lancashire

Cummings knew whoever flew the flag for Brexit stood a chance of turning the labour strongholds blue in the next election, a great incentive for any wannabe PM.

They needed an entertainer, a thick skin, a publicly recognisable stooge to deliver the lies and it worked all the way up until the day Cummings was dethroned by the puppet.

Boris's world has crumbled slowly and steadily since the puppet master was sacked, this latest episode was engineered from his hands.

"

Chris Hope, Telegraph journalist said on newsnight yesterday that his sources are saying there's audio or visual evidence also..

Boris and his inability to tell the truth has been the perfect tool to be used against him by those leaking this and other gatherings, Dec 18th by Reynolds is now another claim in the mix..

By *andt1995Couple  over a year ago

London

I’m sorry but I don’t get why people are angry about Boris not sticking to rules he never has all his life it very well documented.

His wives have found the same issues he won’t answer to how many children he has sired.

He has only ever thought of himself first and only.

It’s in his nature, don’t blame him for his obvious nature.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

He's trying to Bury it under yet another 'investigation'. It happened ffs. He definitely needs to go

here

If he’s going to go I would much rather it is for substantiates serious failings e.g outcomes from the full public enquiry into the handling of covid-19, than for this media driven emotive story.

By *adysueandneroCouple  over a year ago

witney

"If he’s going to go I would much rather it is for substantiates serious failings e.g outcomes from the full public enquiry into the handling of covid-19, than for this media driven emotive story.

"

Are you suggesting it has been made up by the media?

here

"If he’s going to go I would much rather it is for substantiates serious failings e.g outcomes from the full public enquiry into the handling of covid-19, than for this media driven emotive story.

Are you suggesting it has been made up by the media?"

No

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 12/01/22 10:56:59]

Terra Firma

Chris Hope, Telegraph journalist said on newsnight yesterday that his sources are saying there's audio or visual evidence also..

Boris and his inability to tell the truth has been the perfect tool to be used against him by those leaking this and other gatherings, Dec 18th by Reynolds is now another claim in the mix..

"

His rise to power was always going to be in jeopardy once his usefulness had been consumed by Brexit strategists, the party and the public.

The public turned a blind eye more than once to achieve their desired outcomes and so did the party. The majority of people in this country are acting like hypocrites over this, they knew he was lying but it was lies they wanted to hear.

I guess that is the writing on the wall for him.

witney

Are you suggesting it has been made up by the media?

No"

OK then, glad we cleared that up.

witney

His rise to power was always going to be in jeopardy once his usefulness had been consumed by Brexit strategists, the party and the public.

The public turned a blind eye more than once to achieve their desired outcomes and so did the party. The majority of people in this country are acting like hypocrites over this, they knew he was lying but it was lies they wanted to hear.

I guess that is the writing on the wall for him.

"

This is oh so true.

By *oole2010Couple  over a year ago

southampton

Regardless of what party he belongs to, no prime minister of this country should do what he has done, when he goes, a clean sweep is required at the top, including everyone at the party, thats all that can be done for now, as others have pointed out,labour are to weak to give voters are creditable alternative at this present time,and there wont be a general election soon either, so we have what we have.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

That'll split the labour vote so no chance of either entering number 10.

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

The trouble is, all the major parties have supported the mishandling of coronavirus and all have broken the coronavirus rules that they voted for

witney

"The trouble is, all the major parties have supported the mishandling of coronavirus and all have broken the coronavirus rules that they voted for"

Are you saying all the other parties have broken lock down rules?

If true provide the evidence and report to the police.

Spain, Lancs

"The trouble is, all the major parties have supported the mishandling of coronavirus and all have broken the coronavirus rules that they voted for

If true provide the evidence and report to the police. "

Yes, the SNP, Labour. The police know of these incidents

West London

"I don't care. You have to expect politicians to be dishonest, it's almost part of the job description.

If he did go, who replaces him? Dishy Rishi? Disco Gove? Tank Girl Truss?"

No, you shouldn't. That is why we have the politicians that we do.

If lies, in fact brazen lies, are electorally unpunished then we get exactly what we deserve.

If there are no alternatives then that says a lot about the quality of the party that was elected.

No, I do not think that the same can be said of the other parties. There is at the very least some modicum of earnestness on them. For whatever reason this has no value to the country that we live in today.

West London

"

This tells you more about the public than the media.

witney

"The trouble is, all the major parties have supported the mishandling of coronavirus and all have broken the coronavirus rules that they voted for

If true provide the evidence and report to the police.

Yes, the SNP, Labour. The police know of these incidents"

Did they have parties too?

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

It’s ok, calm down everyone, he wishes he handled things differently and he’s apologised.

No story here. Move on.

"It’s ok, calm down everyone, he wishes he handled things differently and he’s apologised.

No story here. Move on."

PMSL,

problem is there not a leader in the whole of the house of commons let alone the tory party ... youll only replace the clown with another clown blue red yellow all clowns all look at me and whats in it for me .....

By *uicynhardCouple  over a year ago

Derry/Donegal

[Removed by poster at 12/01/22 12:43:55]

Brighton

"I’m sorry but I don’t get why people are angry about Boris not sticking to rules he never has all his life it very well documented.

His wives have found the same issues he won’t answer to how many children he has sired.

It’s in his nature, don’t blame him for his obvious nature. "

That’s a parody or ironic post right? Hard to tell!

By *ichiesuperstarMan  over a year ago

Penzance

If any of the politicians with all the information and advice they have to hand about this 'deadly virus' decide to act as normal and without caution then it shows it's nothing to worry about. From the start they have shown no personal concern and yet constantly moved the goal posts for every one else to comply resulting in vast wealth for themselves and friends.

It's like when on a plane and there seems to be a problem. If the stewards are calm then nothing to worry about. If they panic then you should.

I'm sure if there was a real health worry they'd all be addressing us from the safety of their bunkers.

He should resign but he'll probably find a way to stay put x

in Lancashire

"If any of the politicians with all the information and advice they have to hand about this 'deadly virus' decide to act as normal and without caution then it shows it's nothing to worry about. From the start they have shown no personal concern and yet constantly moved the goal posts for every one else to comply resulting in vast wealth for themselves and friends.

It's like when on a plane and there seems to be a problem. If the stewards are calm then nothing to worry about. If they panic then you should.

I'm sure if there was a real health worry they'd all be addressing us from the safety of their bunkers."

Apart from the obvious increase in the last two years in the death rates, the highest two years post 1945 and the 1.3 estimated people living with long covid which will rise you've mostly ignored the gross stupidity of a man who caught covid and ended up in an ICU who then thought it ok to ignore the rules at the time ..

By *andt1995Couple  over a year ago

London

"I’m sorry but I don’t get why people are angry about Boris not sticking to rules he never has all his life it very well documented.

It’s in his nature, don’t blame him for his obvious nature.

That’s a parody or ironic post right? Hard to tell!"

No I’m being serious we all knew he wasn’t a serious person or responsible but we voted for him and now we’re saying you’re not serious or responsible.

We get the leaders we deserve.

By *ichiesuperstarMan  over a year ago

Penzance

"Apart from the obvious increase in the last two years in the death rates, the highest two years post 1945"

But that's not taking into account the population growth. If you look at the UK deaths per 100,000 you'll see there's been many years where the death rate has been higher.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathsintheukfrom1990to2020

in Lancashire

"Apart from the obvious increase in the last two years in the death rates, the highest two years post 1945

But that's not taking into account the population growth. If you look at the UK deaths per 100,000 you'll see there's been many years where the death rate has been higher.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathsintheukfrom1990to2020 "

If your talking about population growth then you have to include how many die per year..

It's around 640 or so thousand every year,the ONS has the figures for the deaths over and above the average five years which is how they look at such things..

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

So do I, it’ll split the lefty vote and keep them away from power for much longer.

By *razylady2014Couple  over a year ago

Bolton

Resign. But we live in a world without much honour, where politicians hang onto office like dirty glue, so I don't suppose you will - blame is for others.

Quote from George Cowley, The Professionals 1978

By *ondoner27Man  over a year ago

london

Bring on the next puppet

"Watching the news about Boris Johnston's parties while we were in lockdown, should he resign? I say yes, what do you think fellow fabbers"

Yes he has to go, you can't run a country when no one respects anything you say when you do the complete opposite of what you're imposing.

By *ouplefor funCouple  over a year ago

near kilmarnock

Off with his stupid head a hair cut at the shoulders

The pathetic excuse Johnson just used in the Commons was that he attended the party by mistake. He supposedly didn't realise it was a party.

And he thinks people are stupid enough to swallow that. Yet another example of the contempt he hold us all in...

witney

"The pathetic excuse Johnson just used in the Commons was that he attended the party by mistake. He supposedly didn't realise it was a party.

And he thinks people are stupid enough to swallow that. Yet another example of the contempt he hold us all in..."

Sad truth is some people will swallow it, hook line and sinker.

By *easing_twoCouple  over a year ago

Bristol, Thornbury

Not only should he resign he should be banned from politics

They all get away with things they are not ment to do so who cares. If he did who wit replace him. Just another lieing test they are all out for there selfs

Brighton

[Removed by poster at 12/01/22 15:40:29]

Brighton

Typo...

I suspect there are many people who wonder when his Russian puppet masters will allow him to step down as he must still be useful to them?

Maldon

"Not only should he resign he should be banned from politics "

Banished overseas. Mind you, that would probably suit him as like a lot of the cabinet he’s not really British!

By *orkiebar51Man  over a year ago

Keighley

He should be arrested, charged, tried and if found guilty, jailed. And hopefully he'd drop the soap in the shower and someone could do to him what he's been doing to the country the last few years

By *utcock61Man  over a year ago

glasgow

makes me weep when l listen to people who have lost loved ones and this pathetic excuse for a man is still clinging on.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

TBH we shoukd be more outraged at the shambles and damage Brexit is doing the eco.y, our ever decreasing rights and appalling immigration policy and destruction of our economy and last but not least the slow death of the NHS.

Detain all the MPs long enough to see who has used Polyjuice! How long it will take for those who have taken Amortentia to realise, who knows! As for Boris, whatever walked out of hospital, wasn't the man who walked in!

By *ldbutrandyMan  over a year ago

Walsall

I hate it when they use their own way of excusing things they've done.

Mis-spoken ....read LIED.

made an error of judgement.. read broke the rules , cocked up or did something illegal.

I dare you to try these excuses.

Walsall

Another thing is that they say, your judged by the company you keep.

In his case he should be judged by the people he chose to employ.

Cummings....what an ass

His private secretary ( the guy that sent out the invitations ) what a mug!

Labour may have been in power now but for the idiot Corbyn choosing Diane Abbott to sit next to him.

Untrustworthy , makes bad decisions ,

Arrogant. Rambles on incoherently.

GO NOW.

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

"Another thing is that they say, your judged by the company you keep.

Cummings....what an ass

Labour may have been in power now but for the idiot Corbyn choosing Diane Abbott to sit next to him.

GO NOW.

"

Lol labours issue wasn't Corbyn choosing Abbott...it was Labour choosing Corbyn!!!!

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Cummings....what an ass

"

Cummings is a brilliant strategist.

Walsall

"

Cummings....what an ass

Cummings is a brilliant strategist. "

Do you think he'll ever be employed/trusted again ,

Brighton

"

Cummings....what an ass

Sh1t eyesight and judgement though

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

Actually it's not just the parties, have you seen the crammed into the house of commons debating this, packed cheek to jowl......

Walsall

"Another thing is that they say, your judged by the company you keep.

Cummings....what an ass

GO NOW.

Lol labours issue wasn't Corbyn choosing Abbott...it was Labour choosing Corbyn!!!!"

He was / is an ass . I used his choice of deputy to prove my point that a leader is responsible for his choice of personnel.

all around

He was a known liar before he was elected

Doesn't say much for the electorate.

Aberdeen

"

Cummings....what an ass

he can’t be that good of a strategist! If he was that good he wouldn’t be a pariah in his own country

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

"We think all those people who have been prosecuted for breaking Covid rule should be apologise too. By Boris the noob. "

all thos that have been proseccuted to be given ther money back and the charges droped and never held on file.

part 2 he should be sacked not resign

Its about time those in power learnt you cant get away with it.

They should be held accountable for there actions and what they was voted in for.

Instead of we got in we will do as we please not what we was voted into power for

By *ad66Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

As they say, doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always gets in!

Terra Firma

"

Cummings....what an ass

Cummings is a brilliant strategist. he can’t be that good of a strategist! If he was that good he wouldn’t be a pariah in his own country "

Being the unelected leader of the country is not a bad touch! He hadn't accounted for how low his puppet would stoop, was is only mistake.

Don't forget the public actually voted the tories in! Turkeys-xmas

Aberdeen

"

Cummings....what an ass

Cummings is a brilliant strategist. he can’t be that good of a strategist! If he was that good he wouldn’t be a pariah in his own country

Being the unelected leader of the country is not a bad touch! He hadn't accounted for how low his puppet would stoop, was is only mistake. "

so his strategy had a flaw. Surely a genius strategist would have known not to trust Boris the Blade.

Totally, he is done, no honor ( but we knew that already )

Terra Firma

"

Cummings....what an ass

Cummings is a brilliant strategist. he can’t be that good of a strategist! If he was that good he wouldn’t be a pariah in his own country

Being the unelected leader of the country is not a bad touch! He hadn't accounted for how low his puppet would stoop, was is only mistake. so his strategy had a flaw. Surely a genius strategist would have known not to trust Boris the Blade. "

Betrayal has been met with Boris's downfall. Who do you think leaked the last party story? It is however fitting end for the pair of them

Spain, Lancs

"I don't care. You have to expect politicians to be dishonest, it's almost part of the job description.

If he did go, who replaces him? Dishy Rishi? Disco Gove? Tank Girl Truss?

No, you shouldn't. That is why we have the politicians that we do.

If lies, in fact brazen lies, are electorally unpunished then we get exactly what we deserve.

If there are no alternatives then that says a lot about the quality of the party that was elected.

No, I do not think that the same can be said of the other parties. There is at the very least some modicum of earnestness on them. For whatever reason this has no value to the country that we live in today."

I remember 'New Labour' saying they wouldn't put up taxes. The first thing Gordon Brown did was to tax private-sector pensions.

I remember the Lib Dem lie on student fees.

I remember Labour saying they would respect the referendum vote... even as they planned to ignore it

Spain, Lancs

"TBH we shoukd be more outraged at the shambles and damage Brexit is doing the eco.y, our ever decreasing rights and appalling immigration policy and destruction of our economy and last but not least the slow death of the NHS."

Most people were more outraged by the contempt for democracy displayed by Remainers...and the shocking lies they told in the referendum.

Ever wondered why Labour never wins elections?

Aberdeen

"

Cummings....what an ass

Being the unelected leader of the country is not a bad touch! He hadn't accounted for how low his puppet would stoop, was is only mistake. so his strategy had a flaw. Surely a genius strategist would have known not to trust Boris the Blade.

Betrayal has been met with Boris's downfall. Who do you think leaked the last party story? It is however fitting end for the pair of them"

I have no doubt DC will do anything he can to get Boris out. Don’t know if we will ever find out if he is behind the latest leak but he would if he had the evidence of it for sure! He is a very bitter man, will poor eyesight, bet he wishes he had hindsight

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Honestly don't see what it would achieve.

Your option to kick him out is at the next election.

On a personal level I feel there are bigger problems looming over the horizon, few drinks over lockdown, was I perfect during lockdown, should I loose my job.

I personally think he is a hypothetical idiot now

I did have time for him however the hypocrisy is unreal

I think he needs to resign and face a criminal investigation as he was the one who imposed the rules yet he and his cabinet couldn't stick to them

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Don't see what the fuss is all about really. Lots had small parties and get togethers.

He won't resign but bet the letters to the 1922 committee are increasing everyday. He's becoming a liability to the Tory party.

North West

"Don't see what the fuss is all about really. Lots had small parties and get togethers."

And lots were fined, taken to court, had DJ equipment confiscated etc.

"TBH we shoukd be more outraged at the shambles and damage Brexit is doing the eco.y, our ever decreasing rights and appalling immigration policy and destruction of our economy and last but not least the slow death of the NHS.

Most people were more outraged by the contempt for democracy displayed by Remainers...and the shocking lies they told in the referendum.

Ever wondered why Labour never wins elections?"

I hope labour never wins, can't be doing with stamer.

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

He should already be gone, but it’s of no surprise that he’s still there!! Miss pc

By *rfunMan  over a year ago

Southampton

"TBH we shoukd be more outraged at the shambles and damage Brexit is doing the eco.y, our ever decreasing rights and appalling immigration policy and destruction of our economy and last but not least the slow death of the NHS.

I hope labour never wins, can't be doing with stamer. "

your having a laugh? Labour a migrant's best friend leave the door open and let them flood in. Biggest rise ever all Tony's friends.

I hope labour never wins, can't be doing with stamer. your having a laugh? Labour a migrant's best friend leave the door open and let them flood in. Biggest rise ever all Tony's friends."

I said .....I hope Labour NEVER wins....I have never ever and never will vote labour

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Better the devil you know I say, party or not!

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

[Removed by poster at 12/01/22 22:06:09]

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

"No we don't need the anxiety a new face will cause yet in this pandemic, lots and lots of people need him atm and will follow him regardless of his behaviour, misplaced trust is very common and a known face is a comfort.

If a police investigation is held and he is found to have broken the law then he absolutely should be penalised in the correct way by the police"

We don't need comfort and a familiar face; we need good governance. Boris is a populist narcissist who knows how to win elections but has no idea how to govern.

Absolutely. Without a doubt. Along with any others who went along with it. Disgrace

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Ever wondered why Labour never wins elections?"

Like 350m for the NHS!!!

Aberdeen

Like 350m for the NHS!!!"

brilliant. The big slogan along the side of the bus!!! Even Boris the Blade was non committed either way on brexit until he seen which way it was heading and then rushed to the front and said follow me

Absolutely. Resign right now.

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

"A labour party of years gone by would have walked into no 10 but cus they are such a weak party nowadays the Tories are continuing a free run of everything and will continue to do so until Labour get some credability back tbh Corben was labours worse enemy he lost them so many voters cus he was an idiot "

And replaced him with a wet blanket like kier starmer!

Aberdeen

"A labour party of years gone by would have walked into no 10 but cus they are such a weak party nowadays the Tories are continuing a free run of everything and will continue to do so until Labour get some credability back tbh Corben was labours worse enemy he lost them so many voters cus he was an idiot

And replaced him with a wet blanket like kier starmer! Yes he should probably change his whole personality and turn into a treacherous, narcissistic, corrupt sociopathic liar. That seems to be the way that works nowadays

"

2 wrongs dont make a right he and the people who broke the law at the time should go and all the groelling little twats who are sticking up for him im 64 years old pandemic or no pandemic i have never known this country in such a state no law no integrity its going to the dogs

By *oey56Man  over a year ago

liverpool

It's indicative we're we are in the UK politics. How s lying, cheating, womaniser, thief. Could risen to the highest level of UK politics. You'd have to say that their all corrupt as him . But not as Teflon as Johnson seems to think he is. It's time we found a better way of running the country. Because now it's infested with parasites every nook an cranny !

Spain, Lancs

The cat is out of the bag. Fanatical Remainer Lord Adonis (cruelly named!) has Tweeted: 'Boris goes, Brexit goes'.

Did anyone really believe that the other parties were really angry about drinks parties nearly two years ago?

It's all about bitterness around how we voted 6 years ago. They've been itching to ignore our votes for 6 years

By *AM2214Man  over a year ago

Manchester Area

is it any different to Corbyn's ?

Manchester Area

"You can impeach a prime minister on grounds of treason not just in the states it's much harder to do here but the justification is there. It's extremely unlikely they will. just the preffered outcome I'd like instead of resignation but resignation will have to"

You don't appear to know what 'treason' is under the current legal system. It could easily be argued that Prince Andrew has acted in a treasonable manner given his Mum's age and recent health issues...

Spain, Lancs

Like 350m for the NHS!!! brilliant. The big slogan along the side of the bus!!! Even Boris the Blade was non committed either way on brexit until he seen which way it was heading and then rushed to the front and said follow me"

The slogan on the side of the bus was an underestimate

Maldon

"The cat is out of the bag. Fanatical Remainer Lord Adonis (cruelly named!) has Tweeted: 'Boris goes, Brexit goes'.

Did anyone really believe that the other parties were really angry about drinks parties nearly two years ago?

It's all about bitterness around how we voted 6 years ago. They've been itching to ignore our votes for 6 years"

You live (part time ?)in Spain but voted leave?

Manchester Area

"

Cummings....what an ass

Being the unelected leader of the country is not a bad touch! He hadn't accounted for how low his puppet would stoop, was is only mistake. so his strategy had a flaw. Surely a genius strategist would have known not to trust Boris the Blade.

Betrayal has been met with Boris's downfall. Who do you think leaked the last party story? It is however fitting end for the pair of them I have no doubt DC will do anything he can to get Boris out. Don’t know if we will ever find out if he is behind the latest leak but he would if he had the evidence of it for sure! He is a very bitter man, will poor eyesight, bet he wishes he had hindsight "

DC spoke on his podcast all about the 20May event even stating that Sue Gray should specifically look for or ask for an email (timedate given) relating to 20th May gathering...DC is a very vindictive character, he has the dirt on many MPs from all parties, it was how he started his career. I have always (well, 'always' as in past few years) thought he was a typical coward...he spun stories to his own good, then ran away when the plates stopped spinning...its no surprise he has never had the balls to run for public office...he learnt the hard way not call an honourable man's integrity into question whilst trying to speak down to Johhny Mercer over a military veteran being pursued over an event for which the Govt of the time had awarded a gallantry award for...Cummings will never stop emerging for a nibble...he reminds me of a rat on a tip...probably why he insists on being seen with carrier bags etc ...

Manchester Area

Like 350m for the NHS!!! brilliant. The big slogan along the side of the bus!!! Even Boris the Blade was non committed either way on brexit until he seen which way it was heading and then rushed to the front and said follow me

The slogan on the side of the bus was an underestimate"

The Slogan was a load of tosh as was proven many times over at the time but as normal in the Uk, we get popularism overtaking pragmatism when it comes time for the electorate to vote. Our simple majority wins approach doesnt help...just gives us a cyclical system whereby we plebs elect one party g8ve them a few years to screw up then elect the other lunatucs to screw us up for a few years then back again...

Don't like Boris but all this is is all political smoke and mirrors.

Labour party have no policies, strategies, how to rebuild economy or how to run the country. Boris has enemies in the media, over brexit who won't let it go, MPs who don't like his environmental policies. Boris has implemented more socialist policies than the labour party have ever did to the anger of many conservatives.

Whether he goes or stays, what is done is done you can't change it. All that will happen if he goes he'll just be replaced by by someone more sympathetic towards one group or other, bremoaners or anti environmentalists. There is another up to to 3 years of conservatives. Couple of months as things start to return to relative normally this will all be forgotten, people conveniently forget when it suits.

Labour will still have no policies and long-term views. If by some miracle they get in at next election they can spend the next 5 years blaming the shit state on the conservatives and not do anything about it

And peoples will still be claiming how unfair life is.

After what has happened, the denials, the investigations , then caught red handed and still not will not resign clinging to power is a really bad show for the leader of our country.

Hoping that it blows over and at this time no police involvement.

After that I wouldn't listen to another word he said, to me he has no authority, he is two faced and as such should resign, so that whoever takes office would have some credibility and be able to lead.

all around

"Don't like Boris but all this is is all political smoke and mirrors.

Labour party have no policies, strategies, how to rebuild economy or how to run the country. Boris has enemies in the media, over brexit who won't let it go, MPs who don't like his environmental policies. Boris has implemented more socialist policies than the labour party have ever did to the anger of many conservatives.

Whether he goes or stays, what is done is done you can't change it. All that will happen if he goes he'll just be replaced by by someone more sympathetic towards one group or other, bremoaners or anti environmentalists. There is another up to to 3 years of conservatives. Couple of months as things start to return to relative normally this will all be forgotten, people conveniently forget when it suits.

Labour will still have no policies and long-term views. If by some miracle they get in at next election they can spend the next 5 years blaming the shit state on the conservatives and not do anything about it

And peoples will still be claiming how unfair life is."

Boris certainly has some long term views most revolve around still being pm for the next 3-4 hours

A guy on this thread has messaged me personally, saying I'm defending Boris. Where in my previous post have I said I'm defending. I bet he hasn't contacted others. Dunno who he thinks he is, never spoken to him in my life. Block and report to Admin me thinks

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

" Boris has implemented more socialist policies than the labour party have ever did to the anger of many conservatives.

"

He really hasn't. Being forced to spend money to support a country during a pandemic is not socialism.

Taxes on the rich have not gone up. Corporation tax has not gone up.

Spending on the NHS has not gone up in real terms.

Don't tell me, you buy the "levelling up" nonsense...

Absolutely yes he should resign, we need to show accountability!!!!! He broke the rules and lied and cheated to cover his tracks ! What are we teaching youngsters if the leader of our country can behave in such away !! If the Tories have any sense (questionable) they will oust him and make it an example or come next election alot of angry people will be voting for the opposing parties purely out of anger and the feeling of betrayl

Regardless, he needs to go.

Russell Brand to take his place

in Lancashire

"Don't like Boris but all this is is all political smoke and mirrors.

And peoples will still be claiming how unfair life is."

It's totally irrelevant how poor the opposition are in this issue, fact is he's overseen a culture of complete disregard for the very rules he enacted which the vast majority abided by..

And broken the law that led to others being fined, if you repeatedly demonstrate that you believe yourself to be above the rules that apply to all then expect a comeback..

And it will come from his fellow conservatives, only they if they act before the next GE can remove him..

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Absolutely yes he should resign, we need to show accountability!!!!! He broke the rules and lied and cheated to cover his tracks ! What are we teaching youngsters if the leader of our country can behave in such away !! If the Tories have any sense (questionable) they will oust him and make it an example or come next election alot of angry people will be voting for the opposing parties purely out of anger and the feeling of betrayl"
same as what we taught them with b liar send troops to an illegal war and kill hundreds of thousands of iraqi civilians and we will reward you with knighthoods.fact is this country has had shit leaders for the last 40 yrs its just most people have only just started paying attention for the last cpl of years

Yes there have been too many indiscretions from Boris and chums.

I do wonder what the other parties have done as well. I’m sure they have had their own parties(business meetings) etc just they didn’t have a Dominic Cummings.

By *heshbifellaMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Absolutely yes he should resign, we need to show accountability!!!!! He broke the rules and lied and cheated to cover his tracks ! What are we teaching youngsters if the leader of our country can behave in such away !! If the Tories have any sense (questionable) they will oust him and make it an example or come next election alot of angry people will be voting for the opposing parties purely out of anger and the feeling of betraylsame as what we taught them with b liar send troops to an illegal war and kill hundreds of thousands of iraqi civilians and we will reward you with knighthoods.fact is this country has had shit leaders for the last 40 yrs its just most people have only just started paying attention for the last cpl of years"

One hundred percent this. We were talking about this at work today. Huge scandals like Thatcher and the Belgrano, Miners Strike, 11 years at the top. Bliar and the Iraq war, 10 years at the top. Johnson and cheese and wine, on a cliff edge. Definitely people seem to be much more aware these last few years.

Spain, Lancs

"The cat is out of the bag. Fanatical Remainer Lord Adonis (cruelly named!) has Tweeted: 'Boris goes, Brexit goes'.

It's all about bitterness around how we voted 6 years ago. They've been itching to ignore our votes for 6 years

You live (part time ?)in Spain but voted leave? "

Yes. Why not? What do you think the issues were at the referendum?

Maldon

Yes. Why not? What do you think the issues were at the referendum?"

it was a bit dumb as it clearly impacts / hinders Brits in terms of travel or residency in Europe.

I’m not too sure now what the issues were. We were certainly sold a series of lies.

Spain, Lancs

Yes. Why not? What do you think the issues were at the referendum? it was a bit dumb as it clearly impacts / hinders Brits in terms of travel or residency in Europe.

I’m not too sure now what the issues were. We were certainly sold a series of lies."

Some Remainers think that people voted Leave from a dislike of foreigners...and so they would naturally, in that case, think it hypocritical for a Leaver to live in Spain.

But the case for Brexit wasn't about that...that is a Remainer lie. It was about ending the situation in which 67% of our laws were being made in Brussels...by people we voters couldn't touch.

I really think many Remainers didn't understand even the most fundamental issues in the referendum.

They were told many lies: that the economy would collapse, that house prices would collapse, that Britain wouldn't be able to get pharmaceuticals, that wars would start.

But the £350m on the side of the bus was correct (actually an understatement). The claim that it was misleading was yet another lie by the predominantly Remain political class which wanted to protect its privileges

Aberdeen

Yes. Why not? What do you think the issues were at the referendum? it was a bit dumb as it clearly impacts / hinders Brits in terms of travel or residency in Europe.

I’m not too sure now what the issues were. We were certainly sold a series of lies. Some Remainers think that people voted Leave from a dislike of foreigners...and so they would naturally, in that case, think it hypocritical for a Leaver to live in Spain.

But the case for Brexit wasn't about that...that is a Remainer lie. It was about ending the situation in which 67% of our laws were being made in Brussels...by people we voters couldn't touch.

I really think many Remainers didn't understand even the most fundamental issues in the referendum.

They were told many lies: that the economy would collapse, that house prices would collapse, that Britain wouldn't be able to get pharmaceuticals, that wars would start.

But the £350m on the side of the bus was correct (actually an understatement). The claim that it was misleading was yet another lie by the predominantly Remain political class which wanted to protect its privileges"

so what value was it? Did they not sell it as that is what they would put towards the NHS? Plus there is a huge divorce bill and it will be a long time before we will be saving anything at all?

Maldon

I’m not too sure now what the issues were. We were certainly sold a series of lies. Some Remainers think that people voted Leave from a dislike of foreigners...and so they would naturally, in that case, think it hypocritical for a Leaver to live in Spain.

But the £350m on the side of the bus was correct (actually an understatement). The claim that it was misleading was yet another lie by the predominantly Remain political class which wanted to protect its privileges"

Wars would start? Come on. It’s taken a work and travel privilege away from my kids , made it tougher for me to travel and stop in Europe and really hasn’t delivered a single benefit.

Spain, Lancs

But the £350m on the side of the bus was correct (actually an understatement). The claim that it was misleading was yet another lie by the predominantly Remain political class which wanted to protect its privileges

Wars would start? Come on. It’s taken a work and travel privilege away from my kids , made it tougher for me to travel and stop in Europe and really hasn’t delivered a single benefit."

You can still travel easily...barring coronavirus complications.

Why do you think you should just be able to go to a third country and live/work? You don't just turn up in America and demand to stay, do you? Or Japan? India? Argentina?

You can still visit Spain for up to 6 months a year. You can ask to live there...but that will be up to Spain as it is in reverse.

And we now have democracy back. In the old EU days we had to tolerate laws being made abroad by people you couldn't sack... which was why General Elections had become meaningless. That's a priceless power that people died for at Peterloo.

Look also at wages for the poor sods such as drivers, leisure and hospitality staff...their wages had previously been forced down by EU 'freedom of movement'.

There's LOTS more

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Yes…a blip in increased wages in already suffering sectors because of the huge exodus of staff due to factors including a hostile environment and Covid will be sure to make up from the catastrophic losses in exports our economy is currently suffering from!

Spain, Lancs

"Yes…a blip in increased wages in already suffering sectors because of the huge exodus of staff due to factors including a hostile environment and Covid will be sure to make up from the catastrophic losses in exports our economy is currently suffering from! "

You don't think it's important that, as Tony Benn etc said, we can elect and sack the people who make our laws?

Or that we can now make laws on environment, working practices, building, roads, motorways, buses, energy etc?

Also not important that we can control immigration to give relief to workers whose wages have been forced down by the EU? Or that housing should be put out of reach of young people?

Really? Not important?

Maldon

Wars would start? Come on. It’s taken a work and travel privilege away from my kids , made it tougher for me to travel and stop in Europe and really hasn’t delivered a single benefit.

Why do you think you should just be able to go to a third country and live/work? You don't just turn up in America and demand to stay, do you? Or Japan? India? Argentina?

You can still visit Spain for up to 6 months a year. You can ask to live there...but that will be up to Spain as it is in reverse.

And we now have democracy back. In the old EU days we had to tolerate laws being made abroad by people you couldn't sack... which was why General Elections had become meaningless. That's a priceless power that people died for at Peterloo.

Look also at wages for the poor sods such as drivers, leisure and hospitality staff...their wages had previously been forced down by EU 'freedom of movement'.

There's LOTS more"

There’s not a single benefit to me. I have no interest in the other countries you mention but a great interest in the fantastic continent on our door step. What laws do you object to living by in the UK that you are happy to live by in Spain?

Spain, Lancs

There's LOTS more

There’s not a single benefit to me. I have no interest in the other countries you mention but a great interest in the fantastic continent on our door step. What laws do you object to living by in the UK that you are happy to live by in Spain? "

You clearly don't value democracy. But what about wages? Energy bills? Housing? Flooding? Motorways? Buses? Privatisation? Etc etc.

Do you realise how the EU affected them? Without your vote being able to touch the people who made the rules?

West London

"Yes…a blip in increased wages in already suffering sectors because of the huge exodus of staff due to factors including a hostile environment and Covid will be sure to make up from the catastrophic losses in exports our economy is currently suffering from!

You don't think it's important that, as Tony Benn etc said, we can elect and sack the people who make our laws?

Or that we can now make laws on environment, working practices, building, roads, motorways, buses, energy etc?

Also not important that we can control immigration to give relief to workers whose wages have been forced down by the EU? Or that housing should be put out of reach of young people?

Really? Not important?"

We were always able to make those laws.

We are also now able to make laws to reduce judicial independence and for politicians to overrule judges' decisions.

The EU did not "force down" any wages. Freedom of movement made more skilled and unskilled workers available. As it turns out, we do not have enough of either. Wages and costs may go up but we will be producing and earning less as a country as a consequence.

We could have limited immigration numbers when the Eastern European countries joined but chose not to of our own accord.

Housing is more in reach of young people now than it ever has been. There is a spike in house prices and second (unoccupied) homes. We have also failed to build enough affordable housing at all because councils have no money and developers don't want to. We sold off most of what we had.

All completely independent of the EU.

Rest of the world immigration is increasing but at more cost to employers.

Stop blaming other people. Our government and country have been using the EU as an excuse for its failures for decades and even after we have allegedly left are still blaming it.

The current government, Prime Minister and Cabinet display that behaviour very clearly. Nothing at all is their responsibility...and no not all politicians were or are the same. This group are far, far worse on this respect because this is how they got power and have never been punished for it. There are no consequences for failure, as demonstrated by the bankers in 2008.

Bristol

"Yes…a blip in increased wages in already suffering sectors because of the huge exodus of staff due to factors including a hostile environment and Covid will be sure to make up from the catastrophic losses in exports our economy is currently suffering from!

Really? Not important?"

It’s who is in control that is important, not where the control is.

Putting aside your nonsensical assertion that membership of the EU implies we had no control over UK laws and immigration, or that non membership will lead to any meaningful improvement in economic prospects for UK citizens, the Conservatives have been in power in this country for the majority of the last 100 years.

As most social and economic benefits for the UK have happened under Labour administrations, there is little evidence that ‘sovereignty’, as you imagine it, is of any benefit to us whatsoever.

Ceding the entire control of the nation to EU autocrats would only benefit us, as a whole, when the historical evidence is considered. And our entire lack of economic power in comparison to that of our largest trading partner now means we will be ceding control to them far more as a non-member than we ever did as a member of the EU, when we had one of the most powerful seats at the table.

Leavers threw away the UK’s future…unfortunately we all have to live off the crumbs.

By *hirdTimesACharmCouple  over a year ago

northamptonshire

"He should resign. But also - who's next to rule over us? Gove? Rees-Mogg? *Shudders*"

Hoping for Rees-Mogg but will most likely be Rishi

Bristol

"He should resign. But also - who's next to rule over us? Gove? Rees-Mogg? *Shudders*

Hoping for Rees-Mogg but will most likely be Rishi"

They are all equally useless, so you needn’t worry. Whoever we get will be worse than the current incumbent.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"My own opinion please do not judge me

I think he should go , l know the choice of who to replace isn't good but we could give them a chance "

That's why elections take place : to answer that very question.

Sack him an through him to the courts, then get the election going ASAP

By *hirdTimesACharmCouple  over a year ago

northamptonshire

"He should resign. But also - who's next to rule over us? Gove? Rees-Mogg? *Shudders*

They are all equally useless, so you needn’t worry. Whoever we get will be worse than the current incumbent."

Better than anything labour can offer

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

I think he should go , l know the choice of who to replace isn't good but we could give them a chance

Sack him an through him to the courts, then get the election going ASAP"

even if u get shot of boris he gets replaced by another conservitive,your not getting another election for a cpl more years yet or do you think if he goes it means there will be an election? The torys aint calling one until the date for one rolls around

Bristol

They are all equally useless, so you needn’t worry. Whoever we get will be worse than the current incumbent.

Better than anything labour can offer "

As useless as Labour currently are, it’s obvious to anyone that’s not true.

Unless you consider corruption and ineptitude to be desirable qualities from the nation’s leadership, that is. In which case yes, the Tories will be your choice.

Bristol

Sack him an through him to the courts, then get the election going ASAP"

Elections are not about choosing prime ministers.

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

I think he should stay , he’s not for everyone I know but I quite like him as a front man , he’s up beat and positive and he never wanted a lockdown either. I also don’t want labour in .

Bristol

"Watching the news about Boris Johnston's parties while we were in lockdown, should he resign? I say yes, what do you think fellow fabbers

I think he should stay , he’s not for everyone I know but I quite like him as a front man , he’s up beat and positive and he never wanted a lockdown either. I also don’t want labour in . "

When the qualities you think are useful in leadership are those of a clown, it’s no surprise to find a clown as your leader.

Terra Firma

There's LOTS more"

The EU regulations are usually what is banded about as EU laws. Most of the regulations were basically technical administration and a lot of them didn't actually apply to us, the Uk isn't an olive producer as an example and because of the union a there was a need for joined up trade measures.

EU laws did play a big part in employee rights, free movement of workers and trade. they didn't have much to do if anything in crime, health, defence etc.

Spain, Lancs

Really? Not important?

We were always able to make those laws.

We are also now able to make laws to reduce judicial independence and for politicians to overrule judges' decisions.

The EU did not "force down" any wages. Freedom of movement made more skilled and unskilled workers available. As it turns out, we do not have enough of either. Wages and costs may go up but we will be producing and earning less as a country as a consequence.

We could have limited immigration numbers when the Eastern European countries joined but chose not to of our own accord.

Housing is more in reach of young people now than it ever has been. There is a spike in house prices and second (unoccupied) homes. We have also failed to build enough affordable housing at all because councils have no money and developers don't want to. We sold off most of what we had.

All completely independent of the EU.

Rest of the world immigration is increasing but at more cost to employers.

Stop blaming other people. Our government and country have been using the EU as an excuse for its failures for decades and even after we have allegedly left are still blaming it.

The current government, Prime Minister and Cabinet display that behaviour very clearly. Nothing at all is their responsibility...and no not all politicians were or are the same. This group are far, far worse on this respect because this is how they got power and have never been punished for it. There are no consequences for failure, as demonstrated by the bankers in 2008."

No, we weren't able to make those laws in the EU. Historically, we could... but since we gave away sovereignty we have had to implement EU Directives.

Those directives took the effect of British law, but we had no alternative other than to implement them, although we had the right to ask the EU to vary them...requests that were generally refused.

We were not ruling ourselves and our voters couldn't touch Directives.

These Directives, according to the Commons Library, made up almost 70% of UK law.

These Directives and the powers agreed in treaties affected jobs, economic activity, wages, immigration, housing, cars, roads, energy prices, prices in the shops via the Customs Union Common External Tariff, imports, exports, privatisation, agriculture, fisheries etc etc.

Increasingly foreign policy was coming within their remit. National armies, air forces etc are to be handed over to a planned EU Army... after decades of lies.

Mass immigration, caused by the EU's 'freedom of movement' put downward pressure on wages. We are now seeing that unwind in the form of pay rises for workers.

Many people clearly don't understand how the EU stole our power as voters...but that's what was happening

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 13/01/22 17:03:35]

Spain, Lancs

There's LOTS more

The EU regulations are usually what is banded about as EU laws. Most of the regulations were basically technical administration and a lot of them didn't actually apply to us, the Uk isn't an olive producer as an example and because of the union a there was a need for joined up trade measures.

EU laws did play a big part in employee rights, free movement of workers and trade. they didn't have much to do if anything in crime, health, defence etc."

The EU economic model has destroyed millions of jobs and weakened workers in the workplace. The EU has helped employers treat workers appallingly by creating, via freedom of movement, a huge pool of cheap labour

Maldon

There's LOTS more

EU laws did play a big part in employee rights, free movement of workers and trade. they didn't have much to do if anything in crime, health, defence etc.

The EU economic model has destroyed millions of jobs and weakened workers in the workplace. The EU has helped employers treat workers appallingly by creating, via freedom of movement, a huge pool of cheap labour"

And you don’t think that China hasn’t impacted EU job opportunities at all?

Terra Firma

There's LOTS more

The EU economic model has destroyed millions of jobs and weakened workers in the workplace. The EU has helped employers treat workers appallingly by creating, via freedom of movement, a huge pool of cheap labour"

You have a very clear sovereignty bias, that makes it hard to be have conversation from a middle ground.

Workers in huge numbers you could say are unskilled so what makes those skills worth more money?

Lets see if we can discuss this from the statement perspective and not from a sovereignty bias.

Spain, Lancs

There's LOTS more

The EU economic model has destroyed millions of jobs and weakened workers in the workplace. The EU has helped employers treat workers appallingly by creating, via freedom of movement, a huge pool of cheap labour And you don’t think that China hasn’t impacted EU job opportunities at all? "

Yes and no. The EU's economic imbecility started way before the rise of China.

It has gone from over 30% or world economic activity in the 1980s to 16.5% a few years ago. It will be even lower now.

It's economic growth lags behind every other continent on the planet. Including Antarctica

Spain, Lancs

There's LOTS more

The EU economic model has destroyed millions of jobs and weakened workers in the workplace. The EU has helped employers treat workers appallingly by creating, via freedom of movement, a huge pool of cheap labour

You have a very clear sovereignty bias, that makes it hard to be have conversation from a middle ground.

Workers in huge numbers you could say are unskilled so what makes those skills worth more money?

Lets see if we can discuss this from the statement perspective and not from a sovereignty bias. "

What you call, puzzlingly, 'sovereignty bias' is actually a belief that we elect people to enact laws. If they make a mess of it we can sack them and elect other people.

It's called democracy. Yes, I support it. Unlike the Remainers who have been itching to overturn the voters' verdict since 2016

Spain, Lancs

The influence of the EU was far more damaging than most Remainers realised.

They still deny it...Remainer lies have reached an art form

Bristol

There's LOTS more

Lets see if we can discuss this from the statement perspective and not from a sovereignty bias.

What you call, puzzlingly, 'sovereignty bias' is actually a belief that we elect people to enact laws. If they make a mess of it we can sack them and elect other people.

It's called democracy. Yes, I support it. Unlike the Remainers who have been itching to overturn the voters' verdict since 2016"

Of course, the EU is democratic, and we voted for our representatives in the EU, the same way we vote for our MPs in the UK. And they made our laws.

And as we’ve witnessed the Tories make a continual mess of our country, and hardly ever get sacked so we can elect other people as a consequence, which calls into question the entire efficacy of the broken system you are choosing to call democracy.

When you read the continual factual errors you continue to make about this it’s no surprise at all that people say Leavers didn’t know what they were voting for. You can’t seem to demonstrate the most basic understanding of the system you criticise.