FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Garmin/fitbit etc and covid

Garmin/fitbit etc and covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ixey and Copper OP   Couple  over a year ago

exeter

Has anyone on here had covid and seen their fitness trackers change?

Had covid in December, 2 days before covid heart beat was at an average base of 55bpm, during Covid and since heart rate base is 75, and won't go below

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Has anyone on here had covid and seen their fitness trackers change?

Had covid in December, 2 days before covid heart beat was at an average base of 55bpm, during Covid and since heart rate base is 75, and won't go below

"

Have a huawei watch but average resting heart staying around 57-58 and was ill for nearly a month. Even had a night in hospital with covid. My o2 levels dropped at some points but heart rare fine

By *ajobMan  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Ive always found a chest strapped heart rate monitor sensor for my garmin to be way more accurate than a watch based one tbh

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've had the same both with the illness and with the jabs.

Resting heart rate up by about 10.

Recovery heart rate much slower for a couple of weeks after each jab.

Also had occasional palpitations but nothing concerning.

By *1bttmMan  over a year ago

Shoreditch east London

"Ive always found a chest strapped heart rate monitor sensor for my garmin to be way more accurate than a watch based one tbh"

What garmin one u use?

By *ixey and Copper OP   Couple  over a year ago

exeter

"Ive always found a chest strapped heart rate monitor sensor for my garmin to be way more accurate than a watch based one tbh

What garmin one u use?"

I use Fenix 6 sapphire for day to day, garmin 1030 with chest strap for cycling

By *ajobMan  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

"Ive always found a chest strapped heart rate monitor sensor for my garmin to be way more accurate than a watch based one tbh

What garmin one u use?"

The standard garmin chest strap that came with my edge 510 few yrs back for bikes....Plus i use a garmin 210 watch

By *ablicker69Man  over a year ago

UK

I have covid right now. I was wondering what it would do to my HR so have been checking regularly and looking at the charts. I can’t notice the difference (yet - only tested positive yesterday).

I’m using a Fenix 6 Pro.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I have covid right now. I was wondering what it would do to my HR so have been checking regularly and looking at the charts. I can’t notice the difference (yet - only tested positive yesterday).

I’m using a Fenix 6 Pro."

I think with the illness you'd expect to see some elevation (depending on how ill you actually are with it) just as normal immune response.

Personally the more interesting thing to look at was with the Pfizer booster which definitely messed about with my heart rate for a couple of weeks. Seems to be back to normal now though.

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

If you are ill you will be having an immune response from you body this can raise both temperature and heart rate. It is perfectly normal and can also be caused by vaccines as again it is an immune system response.

By *ablicker69Man  over a year ago

UK

Yes, I’d expect to see an elevated HR, but so far nothing. I’m not feeling too bad. A bit of a cough and achey.

My HR after my booster (Moderna on the back of 2 x Pfizer) wasn’t possible to track. I had it two days before Christmas so any immediate increase to HR was probably due to alcohol!

» Add a new message to this topic