FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > prolonged face mask wearing

prolonged face mask wearing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *herryblossom_BJ OP   Woman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

My face is in terrible condition from prolonged mask wearing. Anyone else suffer from this? What do you do to relieve this?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

"My face is in terrible condition from prolonged mask wearing. Anyone else suffer from this? What do you do to relieve this?"

Wash it!

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

I grew a beard.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"My face is in terrible condition from prolonged mask wearing. Anyone else suffer from this? What do you do to relieve this?"

Don't

Omicron is not serious

But wee Krankey is very serious. What the hell is going on Scotland

By *ayjay218Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"But wee Krankey is very serious. What the hell is going on Scotland"
yes I’m sure the whole of Scotland would much prefer to have the rt honourable Alexander Johnson instead.

You should try wearing a NATO gas mask/respirator.

I am saying they are as effective as Borris in A truth contest for me they just look like a clever way of gauging how many buy the BS. I never wear a mask and as you know I am unjabbed I should be catching covid more times than the Wolves FC squad. A 100% vaxxed team just the other week 7 players with covid never without masks unless training or playing a match. So for me the detrimental impacts on adults mental health and kids is not worth the face pants

"I am saying they are as effective as Borris in A truth contest for me they just look like a clever way of gauging how many buy the BS. I never wear a mask and as you know I am unjabbed I should be catching covid more times than the Wolves FC squad. A 100% vaxxed team just the other week 7 players with covid never without masks unless training or playing a match. So for me the detrimental impacts on adults mental health and kids is not worth the face pants "

Well go you

Aberdeen

"I am saying they are as effective as Borris in A truth contest for me they just look like a clever way of gauging how many buy the BS. I never wear a mask and as you know I am unjabbed I should be catching covid more times than the Wolves FC squad. A 100% vaxxed team just the other week 7 players with covid never without masks unless training or playing a match. So for me the detrimental impacts on adults mental health and kids is not worth the face pants "
yes but you have already said that vaccination does nothing to stop you catching covid so you have as much chance as everyone. I have not knowingly had covid either so I think it’s more by luck or chance if you do manage to avoid it.

So you have never had covid. But you have had your booster still feeling knocked about. You bought If,Could,Might,Should with no liability sold by a proven liar and bloke who has not got a single thing correct in two years and didn't even ask the person injecting you what it contains lol wet the bed and bought the fear in my opinion but I respect you having the choice and using that choice. I wish you the very best of health

Aberdeen

"So you have never had covid. But you have had your booster still feeling knocked about. You bought If,Could,Might,Should with no liability sold by a proven liar and bloke who has not got a single thing correct in two years and didn't even ask the person injecting you what it contains lol wet the bed and bought the fear in my opinion but I respect you having the choice and using that choice. I wish you the very best of health "
I’m sure I’ve seen this exact message before. No I don’t feel knocked about at all and if you are referring to Boris being a liar you have no arguments from me but he doesn’t stand alone and many worldwide learned professionals far more qualified to be correct than me have been selling it.

My face was in a terrible condition before the mask waring I was fuck ugly to start with

By *ooangel8181Woman  over a year ago

notts

Mine was too. Still is occasionally. I’ve developed jaw tension too from always adjusting my mask with my mouth. Holding it in a place which is comfortable. The inside of my nose gets extremely dry and sore.

change it every hour at least

I started to use a t tree face wash just from Asda.

I wear less make up now too.

. Good on you mate same as me I know what’s good for me and what’s not

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

The general advice seems to be.

1. Cleanse & Moisturise daily, with products designed for your skin type.

2. Moisturise before and after wearing a mask.

3. Avoid wearing makeup under your mask.

By *ilver Fox 60Man  over a year ago

Southport

Lucky you. But have you ever considered how many people you may have infected?

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"I am saying they are as effective as Borris in A truth contest for me they just look like a clever way of gauging how many buy the BS. I never wear a mask and as you know I am unjabbed I should be catching covid more times than the Wolves FC squad. A 100% vaxxed team just the other week 7 players with covid never without masks unless training or playing a match. So for me the detrimental impacts on adults mental health and kids is not worth the face pants Lucky you. But have you ever considered how many people you may have infected?"

Psst!

He don't care

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

Wear a mask to hide the poor skin condition

Hmmm. Didn’t think that through really did I

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"My face is in terrible condition from prolonged mask wearing. Anyone else suffer from this? What do you do to relieve this?

Don't

Omicron is not serious "

FACT CHECK

omicron MAY not be serious, unless you die from it

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

Stop wearing it then lol

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I noticed people talking about maskne early on - recommending salicylic acid. Will depend on the issue, but maskne is probably the search you want

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"My face is in terrible condition from prolonged mask wearing. Anyone else suffer from this? What do you do to relieve this?

The general advice seems to be.

1. Cleanse & Moisturise daily, with products designed for your skin type.

2. Moisturise before and after wearing a mask.

3. Avoid wearing makeup under your mask.

"

I wear a mask 8 hours a day, I agree with the above.

Spare a thought for the poor folks that feel compelled to wear them alone in their cars whilst doing 70mph on the M5. True heroes

By *egoMan  over a year ago

Preston

The only issue I have with masks is the loan behind the ears. Which was solved when I printed an ear saver.

I do moisturise every day though. Q10 fancy stuff. Maybe that’s helping.

Also make sure your mask is a ’breathable’ rather than the surgical type ones. As they aren’t breathable. Just block direct access from your airway and to.

The masks are only being used as spit guards really.

Folks don’t quite get their head around that when calling them pointless and referencing viral particle sizes and vapour patterns. Again people being very confident about subjects they know very little about.

Hope nond of you have a job where wearing a respirator is a requirement.

Not just a simple facemask.

Working in an industrial environment that is so toxic that full protective gear and air fed fully-enclosed headshields.

Paper mask?

Babywear!

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"Hope nond of you have a job where wearing a respirator is a requirement.

Not just a simple facemask.

Working in an industrial environment that is so toxic that full protective gear and air fed fully-enclosed headshields.

Paper mask?

Babywear!"

Hobbiest woodturner here and I know what you mean I wear a full face respirator when turning (non air fed) and after a few hours with that bugger on you know you have had one on

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

i wear a mask, i have a very weak imune system after having lymhoma a few years ago, so my theory is, it cant hurt, but may help so worth the slight inconveniance.

as to the op, dont wear make up and change your mask regualy.

Don't wear one...

winchester

"Don't wear one..."

thats a very selfish attitude, think of others, thats the problem today its all me me me

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I don’t wear one ha ha

I don't wear one either, but if you feel the need please don't mind me, its your choice and I respect it.

"Don't wear one...

thats a very selfish attitude, think of others, thats the problem today its all me me me"

Masks are useless there is no evidence they have made any difference to transmission of COVID. They are just there to make scared people feel safer and as a visual reminder of the virus.

What's selfish is expecting other people to do things to increase your own false sense of safety.

Don't

Omicron is not serious

FACT CHECK

omicron MAY not be serious, unless you die from it"

Has anyone actually died FROM omicron?

all around

"Don't wear one...

thats a very selfish attitude, think of others, thats the problem today its all me me me

Masks are useless there is no evidence they have made any difference to transmission of COVID. They are just there to make scared people feel safer and as a visual reminder of the virus.

What's selfish is expecting other people to do things to increase your own false sense of safety."

FACT CHECK

Your opinion, and its wrong and as has been proven many times face coverings do in fact give a substantial reduction in the ability of an infected person to transmit the virus.

Simple test, hold your hand 12" from your mouth and blow then repeat with a piece of cloth over your mouth.

Try salicylic acid. You can get it in face masks and toner. Glycolic acids also pretty good. If you can, wash your face with a mild face wash during the day. Wee spray of Vit E face spray from Supercritical afterwards to stop your skin drying out. 12.5hrs of these bloody things on my face has led to some massive plukes

Try salicylic acid. You can get it in face masks and toner. Glycolic acids also pretty good. If you can, wash your face with a mild face wash during the day. Wee spray of Vit E face spray from Supercritical afterwards to stop your skin drying out. 12.5hrs of these bloody things on my face has led to some massive plukes "

*Superdrug not Supercritical!

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Try salicylic acid. You can get it in face masks and toner. Glycolic acids also pretty good. If you can, wash your face with a mild face wash during the day. Wee spray of Vit E face spray from Supercritical afterwards to stop your skin drying out. 12.5hrs of these bloody things on my face has led to some massive plukes "

Is supercritical a shop? Have to wear continuously in work. And the skin on my nose is flakey from the mask rubbing it.

all around

"i wear a mask, i have a very weak imune system after having lymhoma a few years ago, so my theory is, it cant hurt, but may help so worth the slight inconveniance.

as to the op, dont wear make up and change your mask regualy."

And if the selfish barstrwards wore one you would be less at risk even if it's only a small reduction. Sad they don't care enough about your life to take the trouble to do so, really sad.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Try salicylic acid. You can get it in face masks and toner. Glycolic acids also pretty good. If you can, wash your face with a mild face wash during the day. Wee spray of Vit E face spray from Supercritical afterwards to stop your skin drying out. 12.5hrs of these bloody things on my face has led to some massive plukes

*Superdrug not Supercritical!"

Lol you've answered my question brill thanks

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Spare a thought for the poor folks that feel compelled to wear them alone in their cars whilst doing 70mph on the M5. True heroes"

Hahaha I did that the other day after buying diesel and forgot to take the mask off, drove about 10 miles before I remembered it was on my gob

"Don't wear one...

What's selfish is expecting other people to do things to increase your own false sense of safety.

FACT CHECK

Your opinion, and its wrong and as has been proven many times face coverings do in fact give a substantial reduction in the ability of an infected person to transmit the virus.

Simple test, hold your hand 12" from your mouth and blow then repeat with a piece of cloth over your mouth. "

Yes there are scientific studies which says masks make x% difference, but there is no real-world evidence they have had an impact on infection rates. Scotland and Wales have had consistently higher infection rates than England despite keeping mandatory masks after 'freedom day'. In the real world people don't wear them properly, they touch them constantly, they wear cloth masks where the gaps are too big to stop COVID particles.

They key word there is "infected". These mask rules are based on this idea that everyone is walking around carrying COVID, which they're not. If you actually have symptoms, you should stay at home anyway. You can't spread something you don't have.

Even if masks might make a slight difference, if the vaccine works, why do we need them? Are you going to wear one forever?

Manchester (she/her)

Serum from Revolution (scented) and Superdrug own brand (I think Me+) or something.

I quite like the Inkey List salicylic face wash

Stop wearing it , sorted

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

... and back on topic, thanks for the recommendations, my teen lad is suffering quite badly at the moment too.

winchester

"i wear a mask, i have a very weak imune system after having lymhoma a few years ago, so my theory is, it cant hurt, but may help so worth the slight inconveniance.

as to the op, dont wear make up and change your mask regualy.

And if the selfish barstrwards wore one you would be less at risk even if it's only a small reduction. Sad they don't care enough about your life to take the trouble to do so, really sad."

this very much, people just dont give a thought for others, they dont care that even the least dangerous version of covid could kill me, last time i caught it it nearly did, but never mind, wouldnt want people to inconveniance them selves would i, and lets not forget its such a huge thing to wear a mask, anyone would think im asking them to hand over thier life savings or something

Fuck the mask its not helping... are you people blind?? Its not about a covid....

Manchester (she/her)

"Fuck the mask its not helping... are you people blind?? Its not about a covid...."

The condensation does occasionally hinder my eyesight.

But as the OP asked for guidance on the problems with wearing masks, suggesting that they don't wear them seems counterproductive.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Nope but it's stopped me from feeling unwell due to the cold weather but if you're having a reaction from wearing the mask try using a different types or application of moisturiser on your face where the mask fits

By *ny1localMan  over a year ago

READING

Initially during the first wave, I had a spotty/ scabby face due to wearing a mask,now my body has accepted it..back in 'the day ',every one had to carry a gas mask, no protests or demonstrations..folks, just get on with life, and do what you can to protect yourself and others, and not look for a reason to have a winge.

READING

And cherry, don't worry, your body will adjust, just add a bit more lippy in the meantime.

By *weety321Woman  over a year ago

nottingham

My kids are washing their faces with charcoal soap from the bodyshop and using sensitive moisturiser and it seems to be working.

To help with condensation of glasses when wearing a face mask. Apply really small amount of fairly liquid to glasses. Rub it in till it covers glass. Glasses will remain condensation free for days.

all around

"Fuck the mask its not helping... are you people blind?? Its not about a covid...."

FACT CHECK

mao

Reading

"To help with condensation of glasses when wearing a face mask. Apply really small amount of fairly liquid to glasses. Rub it in till it covers glass. Glasses will remain condensation free for days."

That's a good call, not heard of that one before. Cheers.

By *egoMan  over a year ago

Preston

"To help with condensation of glasses when wearing a face mask. Apply really small amount of fairly liquid to glasses. Rub it in till it covers glass. Glasses will remain condensation free for days.

That's a good call, not heard of that one before. Cheers. "

I’ve been printing clips for this. Seems to be effective.

It a a small nose clip that hangs on the top of the nose bridge making a better seal. Stopping g the hot air going to the glass.

Ask your friendly 3D Printer friends to find it on Thingiverse and print you a couple. They cost a whopping 22p lol.

Manchester (she/her)

"To help with condensation of glasses when wearing a face mask. Apply really small amount of fairly liquid to glasses. Rub it in till it covers glass. Glasses will remain condensation free for days."

Appreciate it

Not so bad since I upgraded to FFP2

Chelmsford

"So you have never had covid. But you have had your booster still feeling knocked about. You bought If,Could,Might,Should with no liability sold by a proven liar and bloke who has not got a single thing correct in two years and didn't even ask the person injecting you what it contains lol wet the bed and bought the fear in my opinion but I respect you having the choice and using that choice. I wish you the very best of health "

I don't think anyone who is jabbed did so because Boris told them. I think you just offended more than 80% of the adult population in that one comment!

Chelmsford

"Don't wear one...

FACT CHECK

Simple test, hold your hand 12" from your mouth and blow then repeat with a piece of cloth over your mouth.

Yes there are scientific studies which says masks make x% difference, but there is no real-world evidence they have had an impact on infection rates. Scotland and Wales have had consistently higher infection rates than England despite keeping mandatory masks after 'freedom day'. In the real world people don't wear them properly, they touch them constantly, they wear cloth masks where the gaps are too big to stop COVID particles.

They key word there is "infected". These mask rules are based on this idea that everyone is walking around carrying COVID, which they're not. If you actually have symptoms, you should stay at home anyway. You can't spread something you don't have.

Even if masks might make a slight difference, if the vaccine works, why do we need them? Are you going to wear one forever?"

You've missed the point about mask-wearing and COVID - the reason it spreads and is so dangerous is the fact that so many people are asymptomatic plus the 5-day incubation time - so if you want to inhibit the spread, you can't wait until someone is showing symptoms.

And there's been clear evidence that masks make s difference with all types of infectious disease, long before COVID. Although why you need evidence i have no idea, it's common bloody sense that if you create a barrier, you'll reduce the risk, even if you don't eliminate it.

Chelmsford

"Spare a thought for the poor folks that feel compelled to wear them alone in their cars whilst doing 70mph on the M5. True heroes

Hahaha I did that the other day after buying diesel and forgot to take the mask off, drove about 10 miles before I remembered it was on my gob"

I do that all the time in winter - find it quite handy to keep my face warm too when the weather gets a bit more bitter - and i haven't had a cold in 2 years now either!

Take the fucking things off and bin them.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I have mouth sores from prolonged wearing at work I thought at first it was the jabs as they coincided with wearing it first time round x

ashford

Take the fucking things off and bin them."

Be glad when we can x

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Take the fucking things off and bin them."

Yes - if they are disposable.

If they aren’t, wash them instead.

By *ehindHerEyesCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

And ruin your lenses in the process

Tg x

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Take the fucking things off and bin them.

Yes - if they are disposable.

If they aren’t, wash them instead."

I did once wash a disposable one by accident. It survived remarkably well

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I have to wear the fluid resistant masks all day at work and my skin has been really dry since that's happened.

A hydrating mask twice weekly and extra moisturiser is making a slight improvement.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

If air is escaping it would steam up the glasses so you're supposed to press on the wire around the nose on the mask so it firmly fits

winchester

used to do this with my crash helmet when i had motorbikes, and can conferm it does work

winchester

"To help with condensation of glasses when wearing a face mask. Apply really small amount of fairly liquid to glasses. Rub it in till it covers glass. Glasses will remain condensation free for days.

Tg x"

no it doesnt

Manchester (she/her)

If air is escaping it would steam up the glasses so you're supposed to press on the wire around the nose on the mask so it firmly fits"

Upgrading masks reduced but didn't eliminate the problem for me, and I pull mine (after adjusting nose wire) so tight it leaves a lovely red line where it digs into my skin.

North West

Tg x

no it doesnt"

The lady who made that comment works in an optician so she knows glasses.

Any lens with anti glare, anti scratch or similar coatings will have the coatings damaged by applying a surfactant like washing up liquid. The coatings are lipid based. People pay a lot of money to have these coatings added to their specs.

winchester

obviously i am, read my post above yours, and tell me why im being stupid, even if it makes 1% differance, its worth doing in my opinion, why wouldnt you

Don't

Omicron is not serious

FACT CHECK

I wear a life jacket down to the shops now in very heavy rain because more people die from drowning in a year than they do from Omicron !

Stay safe out there…

"Fuck the mask its not helping... are you people blind?? Its not about a covid....

FACT CHECK

mao"

Completely brainwashed by the narrative… they did a top job on these two !

[Removed by poster at 14/01/22 07:56:56]

By *um2quickMan  over a year ago

Grays

"My face was in a terrible condition before the mask waring I was fuck ugly to start with"

By *ngel696969Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

"Don't wear one...

thats a very selfish attitude, think of others, thats the problem today its all me me me"

To be fair, it's always been me, me, me

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

Alarming lack of understanding there ...

henley on thames

Tg x

no it doesnt"

Might want to check your facts on that

henley on thames

used to do this with my crash helmet when i had motorbikes, and can conferm it does work"

That’s different.

Don't

Omicron is not serious

FACT CHECK

Eating a banana is not serious, unless you die from it ?????

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Don't

Omicron is not serious

FACT CHECK

Eating a banana is not serious, unless you die from it ????? "

Try a plantain it's a lower risk variant.

henley on thames

"Stop wearing it , sorted "

I look forward to the day when that is ok.

In the meantime, having to pop a mask on in shops is a minor inconvenience to protect myself and others

henley on thames

Don't

Omicron is not serious

FACT CHECK

Eating a banana is not serious, unless you die from it ????? "

Slight difference ... me eating a banana isn’t going to make other people sick. Me having covid might make other people sick.

Don't

Omicron is not serious

FACT CHECK

Slight difference ... me eating a banana isn’t going to make other people sick. Me having covid might make other people sick. "

so might the common cold or flu but I don’t really recall people wearing masks all the time during the months when they are usually prevalent

henley on thames

Don't

Omicron is not serious

FACT CHECK

Slight difference ... me eating a banana isn’t going to make other people sick. Me having covid might make other people sick. so might the common cold or flu but I don’t really recall people wearing masks all the time during the months when they are usually prevalent "

In this country, no. But if you ever travelled in south east Asia, you would be familiar with the sight of people wearing masks if they thought they had a cold. I first saw that about 20 years ago in Hong Kong and Singapore.

In this country, until 2 years ago, it was perfectly normal for people to turn up in an office space with a stinking cold or bug and pass it on the everyone else, and then go home thinking they were a hero for not missing a day at work when they were sick.

Only wear one when absolutely neccessary. Only time i ever do is if i go into a shop.

"Spare a thought for the poor folks that feel compelled to wear them alone in their cars whilst doing 70mph on the M5. True heroes"

I just assumed they did that to stop them licking the windows or drooling

I either wear a mask or lose my job so my beliefs around their efficacy don't matter.

I have found switching to a tinted moisturiser instead of foundation, using salycic acid in my face wash routine,spraying with a refreshing mist/water spray and changing masks regularly through the day helps keep the maskne at bay.

By *alentTeaseMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Try a fresh bukkake facial!

henley on thames

"Try a fresh bukkake facial! "

Worked well for you, did it? Thanks for sharing the tip

nr spalding

Don't

Omicron is not serious

FACT CHECK

Slight difference ... me eating a banana isn’t going to make other people sick. Me having covid might make other people sick. so might the common cold or flu but I don’t really recall people wearing masks all the time during the months when they are usually prevalent

In this country, no. But if you ever travelled in south east Asia, you would be familiar with the sight of people wearing masks if they thought they had a cold. I first saw that about 20 years ago in Hong Kong and Singapore.

In this country, until 2 years ago, it was perfectly normal for people to turn up in an office space with a stinking cold or bug and pass it on the everyone else, and then go home thinking they were a hero for not missing a day at work when they were sick. "

This is what fascinates me about the whole mask issue like you say south east Asia have been doing this for years and years long before covid and it is pretty much social unacceptable to walk around without a mask if you have a cold ect yet the western world seems to see them as some disgusting symbol of enforced control over the masses with idiots using terms like "face nappy" although to be honest with some of the shit those same people talk they could well need a face nappy I suppose. It just amazes me that countries that claim to be the most civilised and advanced on the planet can at the same time have sections of thier population that that throw those claims into question over wearing a face mask to reduce the spread of infection *face palm*

ashford

Don't

Omicron is not serious

FACT CHECK

Slight difference ... me eating a banana isn’t going to make other people sick. Me having covid might make other people sick. so might the common cold or flu but I don’t really recall people wearing masks all the time during the months when they are usually prevalent

In this country, until 2 years ago, it was perfectly normal for people to turn up in an office space with a stinking cold or bug and pass it on the everyone else, and then go home thinking they were a hero for not missing a day at work when they were sick.

This is what fascinates me about the whole mask issue like you say south east Asia have been doing this for years and years long before covid and it is pretty much social unacceptable to walk around without a mask if you have a cold ect yet the western world seems to see them as some disgusting symbol of enforced control over the masses with idiots using terms like "face nappy" although to be honest with some of the shit those same people talk they could well need a face nappy I suppose. It just amazes me that countries that claim to be the most civilised and advanced on the planet can at the same time have sections of thier population that that throw those claims into question over wearing a face mask to reduce the spread of infection *face palm*"

That's just what they seem like face nappys! I wear mine for 7 hr shift apart from 10 min break! I have to go to cloak room to clean my mouth! I have thick sludge on my lips after wearing it! God knows where its come from? X

By *aximumperversionMan  over a year ago

Nationwide

Stop wearing it

Yep human beings were not put on this planet to wear masks regardless,draconian madness

nr spalding

Don't

Omicron is not serious

FACT CHECK

This is what fascinates me about the whole mask issue like you say south east Asia have been doing this for years and years long before covid and it is pretty much social unacceptable to walk around without a mask if you have a cold ect yet the western world seems to see them as some disgusting symbol of enforced control over the masses with idiots using terms like "face nappy" although to be honest with some of the shit those same people talk they could well need a face nappy I suppose. It just amazes me that countries that claim to be the most civilised and advanced on the planet can at the same time have sections of thier population that that throw those claims into question over wearing a face mask to reduce the spread of infection *face palm*

That's just what they seem like face nappys! I wear mine for 7 hr shift apart from 10 min break! I have to go to cloak room to clean my mouth! I have thick sludge on my lips after wearing it! God knows where its come from? X"

if your in the uk I would have a discussion as you are entitled to one 20min uninterrupted break per day if you work over 6 hours a day other countries may differ obviously and the "sludge" is probably saliva that is drying on your lips where you are breathing out into the mask (the same as I get in my beard and round my mouth if I dribble in my sleep) which I am sure your employer wouldn't object to you sipping water from time to time to stop from building up, again if they do I would be seeking advise on this as that sounds unfair to me, also you should really be changing your mask atleast once a day possibly more working for 7 hours.

nr spalding

"Yep human beings were not put on this planet to wear masks regardless,draconian madness "

No we evolved on this planet to have care and compassion for those around us and simply wearing a mask when in crowded areas or around people that may be at risk from the virus is hardly draconian madness more like a simple safety measure to help reduce the spread of a virus but hey ho your opinion is not my opinion and that's ok

ashford

Don't

Omicron is not serious

FACT CHECK

That's just what they seem like face nappys! I wear mine for 7 hr shift apart from 10 min break! I have to go to cloak room to clean my mouth! I have thick sludge on my lips after wearing it! God knows where its come from? X

if your in the uk I would have a discussion as you are entitled to one 20min uninterrupted break per day if you work over 6 hours a day other countries may differ obviously and the "sludge" is probably saliva that is drying on your lips where you are breathing out into the mask (the same as I get in my beard and round my mouth if I dribble in my sleep) which I am sure your employer wouldn't object to you sipping water from time to time to stop from building up, again if they do I would be seeking advise on this as that sounds unfair to me, also you should really be changing your mask atleast once a day possibly more working for 7 hours."

I get 20 mins but choose to take only 10 I wash my mask daily and the build up is brown no one else I've spoke to seems to get this? I dont drink in my shift as dont want to have to pee as we are timed and peeing would come out that time! And my mouth is constantly sore since wearing of the mask! Inside my mouth but it is what it is was merely pointing it out really! I could do what other co workers have done and go exempt! But I prefer to go with the flow x

ashford

Don't

Omicron is not serious

FACT CHECK

if your in the uk I would have a discussion as you are entitled to one 20min uninterrupted break per day if you work over 6 hours a day other countries may differ obviously and the "sludge" is probably saliva that is drying on your lips where you are breathing out into the mask (the same as I get in my beard and round my mouth if I dribble in my sleep) which I am sure your employer wouldn't object to you sipping water from time to time to stop from building up, again if they do I would be seeking advise on this as that sounds unfair to me, also you should really be changing your mask atleast once a day possibly more working for 7 hours.

I get 20 mins but choose to take only 10 I wash my mask daily and the build up is brown no one else I've spoke to seems to get this? I dont drink in my shift as dont want to have to pee as we are timed and peeing would come out that time! And my mouth is constantly sore since wearing of the mask! Inside my mouth but it is what it is was merely pointing it out really! I could do what other co workers have done and go exempt! But I prefer to go with the flow x"

Which I probably shouldn't do the none drinking bit as diabetic so shd drink I'm one of those that never get thirsty! X

"Yep human beings were not put on this planet to wear masks regardless,draconian madness

No we evolved on this planet to have care and compassion for those around us and simply wearing a mask when in crowded areas or around people that may be at risk from the virus is hardly draconian madness more like a simple safety measure to help reduce the spread of a virus but hey ho your opinion is not my opinion and that's ok"

So you think the mask mandate should last forever?

ashford

"Yep human beings were not put on this planet to wear masks regardless,draconian madness

No we evolved on this planet to have care and compassion for those around us and simply wearing a mask when in crowded areas or around people that may be at risk from the virus is hardly draconian madness more like a simple safety measure to help reduce the spread of a virus but hey ho your opinion is not my opinion and that's ok

So you think the mask mandate should last forever?"

I hope not!! Its deffo mucked up my mouth! Mind u I have only a year and half and I can retire at 66! So will b end of mask wearing for long periods for me x

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

I wear one all day for work.

Try to change it a regular intervals.

Stop wearing it then lol"

Some people have no choice. I work 12 hour shifts (nursing) They are mandatory.

nr spalding

Don't

Omicron is not serious

FACT CHECK

I get 20 mins but choose to take only 10 I wash my mask daily and the build up is brown no one else I've spoke to seems to get this? I dont drink in my shift as dont want to have to pee as we are timed and peeing would come out that time! And my mouth is constantly sore since wearing of the mask! Inside my mouth but it is what it is was merely pointing it out really! I could do what other co workers have done and go exempt! But I prefer to go with the flow x"

I was only giving a suggestion as to what the build up could be and offering advice

ashford

Don't

Omicron is not serious

FACT CHECK

I get 20 mins but choose to take only 10 I wash my mask daily and the build up is brown no one else I've spoke to seems to get this? I dont drink in my shift as dont want to have to pee as we are timed and peeing would come out that time! And my mouth is constantly sore since wearing of the mask! Inside my mouth but it is what it is was merely pointing it out really! I could do what other co workers have done and go exempt! But I prefer to go with the flow x

I was only giving a suggestion as to what the build up could be and offering advice "

Cool x

nr spalding

So you think the mask mandate should last forever?"

Where in anything i have said did you draw that conclusion from? I belive that you have misinterpreted what I said, weither this is intentional or not I do not know. So let me explain it more clearly for you.

We are currently in the middle of a world wide pandemic which means that masks are a simple sensible safety measure to help reduce the spread of a virus that has killed millions and continues to kill people daily across the globe these measures are currently useful and in my opinion not much of an inconvenience for the majority of people, furthermore they hardly the draconian measure that they are being portrayed as by a minority of the population. No I dont think they should be in place for ever or will need to be that would be ridiculous but at this current time they have the potential to help end this pandemic and allow life to return to some forms of normality once the virus is under control or burns itself out.

Although as has been mentioned before many in south east Asia dont see it as a problem to cover their faces with a mask of they have a cold ect if it helps to stop the spread of a virus that you could pass to others and it is by many in these countries considered socially irresponsible not to do so, it only seems to be a minority in the western world that have an issue with social responsibility at the moment and belive they have a right to do as they please without any thought or care for what effect their reckless actions my have on others.

I hope this makes things clearer for you

By *itygamesMan  over a year ago

UK

its not sealed with a beard apparently so not giving 100% protection

nr spalding

"its not sealed with a beard apparently so not giving 100% protection"

Nope obviously hence it only helps not categorically stops also I normally wear a surgical mask with a motorcycle style neck scaff over the top which again doesn't completely seal as a surgical mask doesn't have a face fit seal anyway but does improve the fit somewhat.

henley on thames

"Yep human beings were not put on this planet to wear masks regardless,draconian madness "

Stay at home then, problem solved

henley on thames

"its not sealed with a beard apparently so not giving 100% protection"

Of course it isn’t 100 per cent. But it’s a lot better than nothing, particularly if you wear it properly rather than being one of those pricks who goes around with their nose sticking out over the top.

nr spalding

"its not sealed with a beard apparently so not giving 100% protection

Of course it isn’t 100 per cent. But it’s a lot better than nothing, particularly if you wear it properly rather than being one of those pricks who goes around with their nose sticking out over the top. "

Dont get me started on them

henley on thames

Where in anything i have said did you draw that conclusion from? I belive that you have misinterpreted what I said, weither this is intentional or not I do not know. So let me explain it more clearly for you.

We are currently in the middle of a world wide pandemic which means that masks are a simple sensible safety measure to help reduce the spread of a virus that has killed millions and continues to kill people daily across the globe these measures are currently useful and in my opinion not much of an inconvenience for the majority of people, furthermore they hardly the draconian measure that they are being portrayed as by a minority of the population. No I dont think they should be in place for ever or will need to be that would be ridiculous but at this current time they have the potential to help end this pandemic and allow life to return to some forms of normality once the virus is under control or burns itself out.

Although as has been mentioned before many in south east Asia dont see it as a problem to cover their faces with a mask of they have a cold ect if it helps to stop the spread of a virus that you could pass to others and it is by many in these countries considered socially irresponsible not to do so, it only seems to be a minority in the western world that have an issue with social responsibility at the moment and belive they have a right to do as they please without any thought or care for what effect their reckless actions my have on others.

I hope this makes things clearer for you "

Couldn’t be clearer.

I don't wear one n I don't stay at home,life is to short,Covid is the 9th cause of death in the UK,that tells me everything and btw I've had no vaccines etc I trust my immune system

nr spalding

I hope this makes things clearer for you

Couldn’t be clearer. "

This is what I was hoping lol

henley on thames

Of course it isn’t 100 per cent. But it’s a lot better than nothing, particularly if you wear it properly rather than being one of those pricks who goes around with their nose sticking out over the top.

Dont get me started on them "

A mate of mine stopped one of those people in a local supermarket and said that’s about as much use as putting a condom on your bollocks.

And its dehumanizing,the plague black death killed half of Europe in the 13 century,Covid is a form of flu so live with it end of

ashford

Stay at home then, problem solved "

You stay at home!!!

A mate of mine stopped one of those people in a local supermarket and said that’s about as much use as putting a condom on your bollocks. "

That actually made me

I don't stay at home,I'm not for these measures

By *esthetic21Man  over a year ago

west midlands

don't wear one

nr spalding

"And its dehumanizing,the plague black death killed half of Europe in the 13 century,Covid is a form of flu so live with it end of"

*face palm* I cant even be bothered to explain it after 2 damn years

nr spalding

A mate of mine stopped one of those people in a local supermarket and said that’s about as much use as putting a condom on your bollocks. "

Yup but apparently it's ok as "it's just flu"

North West

"And its dehumanizing,the plague black death killed half of Europe in the 13 century,Covid is a form of flu so live with it end of

*face palm* I cant even be bothered to explain it after 2 damn years "

S'pose you could wrap yourself in 13th century cling film to stop the fleas biting? Flea-nets worn as undergarments?! The mind boggles

nr spalding

"And its dehumanizing,the plague black death killed half of Europe in the 13 century,Covid is a form of flu so live with it end of

*face palm* I cant even be bothered to explain it after 2 damn years

S'pose you could wrap yourself in 13th century cling film to stop the fleas biting? Flea-nets worn as undergarments?! The mind boggles "

Maybe it's a new fetish

Glad we can laugh about it,I never stopped shaking hands hugging people,all the news does is scaremongering and I've not paid my tv license in 2 years that's where I'm at

all around

"Glad we can laugh about it,I never stopped shaking hands hugging people,all the news does is scaremongering and I've not paid my tv license in 2 years that's where I'm at"

A true giant among men, I bet you run your car on red diesel and drink irn bru for breakfast

By *ess King tvTV/TS  over a year ago

KING'S LYNN

try working at the hospital like i do - 24/7 mask wearing x

North West

"Glad we can laugh about it,I never stopped shaking hands hugging people,all the news does is scaremongering and I've not paid my tv license in 2 years that's where I'm at"

What a giant among men *strong arm emoji*

nr spalding

"Glad we can laugh about it,I never stopped shaking hands hugging people,all the news does is scaremongering and I've not paid my tv license in 2 years that's where I'm at

A true giant among men, I bet you run your car on red diesel and drink irn bru for breakfast"

Hey no need to bring irnbru into this

Never had the opportunity to use red diesel,irn bru no no lol I have a bowl of cereal,I'm not a do gooder person probably like you,listen to the tv and all these corrupt bent politicians on a more serious note this so called Covid 19 has caused more damage for people with mental health problems now than this virus did or would ever do,its frightened the life out of some people n they will never be the same again

henley on thames

"I don't wear one n I don't stay at home,life is to short,Covid is the 9th cause of death in the UK,that tells me everything and btw I've had no vaccines etc I trust my immune system"

I how you don’t catch it unknowing and pass it on to someone else.

I might do that myself, of course, but at least I am trying.

It’s not all about you and your immune system. Think about others

ashford

try working at the hospital like i do - 24/7 mask wearing x

"

It's not a competition as to who wears a mask longest? OP was merely asking advise? X

henley on thames

"Never had the opportunity to use red diesel,irn bru no no lol I have a bowl of cereal,I'm not a do gooder person probably like you,listen to the tv and all these corrupt bent politicians on a more serious note this so called Covid 19 has caused more damage for people with mental health problems now than this virus did or would ever do,its frightened the life out of some people n they will never be the same again"

I’m really struggling to understand what you are trying to say there. Would you like to try again?

READING

It's good to hear so many blokes saying they don't wear them,..I hope all the ladies add them to their block list, it'll shorten the odds for the more responsible guys here being able to get a meet.

Being vaccinated doesn't prevent a person from carrying and transmitting the virus,so an unvaccinated person poses no more risk to the people around him/her than a fully vaccinated person,that's why I don't get Covid passports what's the sense In them no logic just control over people

You’re posting this like you think it’s something to be proud of.

Reading

"Glad we can laugh about it,I never stopped shaking hands hugging people,all the news does is scaremongering and I've not paid my tv license in 2 years that's where I'm at

A true giant among men, I bet you run your car on red diesel and drink irn bru for breakfast"

Hopefully someone from the TV licensing board will track him down

Manchester (she/her)

"Being vaccinated doesn't prevent a person from carrying and transmitting the virus,so an unvaccinated person poses no more risk to the people around him/her than a fully vaccinated person,that's why I don't get Covid passports what's the sense In them no logic just control over people"

Ok.

What do you think is better for mask skin irritation, as the OP asked?

"Being vaccinated doesn't prevent a person from carrying and transmitting the virus,so an unvaccinated person poses no more risk to the people around him/her than a fully vaccinated person,that's why I don't get Covid passports what's the sense In them no logic just control over people

Ok.

What do you think is better for mask skin irritation, as the OP asked?"

I feel sorry for you having to wear one for many hours I have no idea we living in crazy times

A true giant among men, I bet you run your car on red diesel and drink irn bru for breakfast

Hopefully someone from the TV licensing board will track him down "

all they do is send letters,nothing they can do about it,they need to prove it one thing they will not get the opportunity to do

Reading

Hopefully someone from the TV licensing board will track him down all they do is send letters,nothing they can do about it,they need to prove it one thing they will not get the opportunity to do"

Your platitudes shine through.

I'm enjoying this even more than the actual fabswingers site itself,says how good actually fab is

North West

"I'm enjoying this even more than the actual fabswingers site itself,says how good actually fab is "

I think that says more about you than the site, but there we are.

Hopefully someone from the TV licensing board will track him down all they do is send letters,nothing they can do about it,they need to prove it one thing they will not get the opportunity to do

Your platitudes shine through. "

reading couple no need to look at my profile we much to far away for some of "how's your father"

"I'm enjoying this even more than the actual fabswingers site itself,says how good actually fab is

I think that says more about you than the site, but there we are. "

I'm just giving my opinions that's all,I beleive in FREEDOM

Reading

Hopefully someone from the TV licensing board will track him down all they do is send letters,nothing they can do about it,they need to prove it one thing they will not get the opportunity to do

Your platitudes shine through. reading couple no need to look at my profile we much to far away for some of "how's your father" "

Damn, and we were so hoping to meet you……

Will leave you all in peace now to get on with it,we could argue for the next million years about it all,it's not our faults all this madness happened

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"My face is in terrible condition from prolonged mask wearing. Anyone else suffer from this? What do you do to relieve this? don't wear one "

Um. Is that you in the photo?

nr spalding

"Will leave you all in peace now to get on with it,we could argue for the next million years about it all,it's not our faults all this madness happened"

Nope but it will be the fault of people such as yourself that it drags on longer than it needs to

North West

"I'm enjoying this even more than the actual fabswingers site itself,says how good actually fab is

I think that says more about you than the site, but there we are. I'm just giving my opinions that's all,I beleive in FREEDOM "

Are you William Wallace?

"Will leave you all in peace now to get on with it,we could argue for the next million years about it all,it's not our faults all this madness happened

Nope but it will be the fault of people such as yourself that it drags on longer than it needs to "

why my fault ??? Coz I've not had the vaccine its my body my choice thank you

I think that says more about you than the site, but there we are. I'm just giving my opinions that's all,I beleive in FREEDOM

Are you William Wallace?"

if anyone I would have loved to have been Oliver Cromwell

Reading

I think that says more about you than the site, but there we are. I'm just giving my opinions that's all,I beleive in FREEDOM

Are you William Wallace?if anyone I would have loved to have been Oliver Cromwell "

Thought you were leaving us to it……

nr spalding

"Will leave you all in peace now to get on with it,we could argue for the next million years about it all,it's not our faults all this madness happened

Nope but it will be the fault of people such as yourself that it drags on longer than it needs to why my fault ??? Coz I've not had the vaccine its my body my choice thank you "

well partly that but as you say that's your choice but more the blatant inability of people like you to do simple things like wear a mask or adhear to simple rules that would still help to reduce the potential for the virus to spread because its percived to be taking your freedom away

I think that says more about you than the site, but there we are. I'm just giving my opinions that's all,I beleive in FREEDOM how can I I'm being enticed now,but I see the humour in that sense

Are you William Wallace?if anyone I would have loved to have been Oliver Cromwell

Thought you were leaving us to it…… "

Aberdeen

Are you William Wallace?"

I am WILLIAM WALLACE and I’m 10ft tall and shoot bolts of lightning out of my arse! Quality

Nope but it will be the fault of people such as yourself that it drags on longer than it needs to why my fault ??? Coz I've not had the vaccine its my body my choice thank you well partly that but as you say that's your choice but more the blatant inability of people like you to do simple things like wear a mask or adhear to simple rules that would still help to reduce the potential for the virus to spread because its percived to be taking your freedom away "

I do not want to dodge and avoid people for the rest of my life thank you,it's been 2 years now,how people can do SIMON SAYS I just don't know

nr spalding

Nope but it will be the fault of people such as yourself that it drags on longer than it needs to why my fault ??? Coz I've not had the vaccine its my body my choice thank you well partly that but as you say that's your choice but more the blatant inability of people like you to do simple things like wear a mask or adhear to simple rules that would still help to reduce the potential for the virus to spread because its percived to be taking your freedom away I do not want to dodge and avoid people for the rest of my life thank you,it's been 2 years now,how people can do SIMON SAYS I just don't know "

You see this is what you fail to grasp is that it isn't for the rest of you life if we all work together to remove chances for the virus to spread and mutate we get things under control sooner and can get out of the whole pandemic issue for good, but whilst the virus has a chance to spread and mutate things will continue to go in circles with each new mutation having the potential to evade the vaccine or become more fatal for those that catch it which will require more work on the vaccines to combat the new variants, which will in turn mean more need for new jabs which will mean more time to administer them, which means again more chance for it to spread and mutate you see where this is going right? So everyone working together would reduce the time taken to sort this all out then no more masks, no more social distancing, no more need for new jabs for new variants ect and all the freedom you want

I'm sorry I think the damage has already been done,masks won't go away,vaccines or boosters will stay and Covid passports will remain,I just cannot beleive in what you have just said,yes we all have our beliefs and opinions but look at the money being made by the pharmaceutical companies even the lateral flow tests are made in China,it's all to much political for me now

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Don't

Omicron is not serious

FACT CHECK

I wear a life jacket down to the shops now in very heavy rain because more people die from drowning in a year than they do from Omicron !

Stay safe out there…

"

my son and daughter in law are both seriously ill with this variant. As are a large group of there friends. No they may not die but they are on week 2 of being very very poorly. My daughter in law worse than my son as she didn't have the vaccines.

Both fit healthy under 30s. And they have been knocked oh their arses

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm sorry I think the damage has already been done,masks won't go away,vaccines or boosters will stay and Covid passports will remain,I just cannot beleive in what you have just said,yes we all have our beliefs and opinions but look at the money being made by the pharmaceutical companies even the lateral flow tests are made in China,it's all to much political for me now"

I'm definitely keeping my masks for flu season. Help reduce the spread

By *ess King tvTV/TS  over a year ago

KING'S LYNN

I never said it was a competition Im simply saying that other than not wearing one, get a grip x

North West

Don't

Omicron is not serious

FACT CHECK

Stay safe out there…

my son and daughter in law are both seriously ill with this variant. As are a large group of there friends. No they may not die but they are on week 2 of being very very poorly. My daughter in law worse than my son as she didn't have the vaccines.

Both fit healthy under 30s. And they have been knocked oh their arses"

There's a news article I just saw about a US national who is a fugitive and who'd faked his own death. He was realised to be a fugitive because he was admitted to hospital in Scotland due to Covid and was/is on a ventilator. He's 34....

nr spalding

"I'm sorry I think the damage has already been done,masks won't go away,vaccines or boosters will stay and Covid passports will remain,I just cannot beleive in what you have just said,yes we all have our beliefs and opinions but look at the money being made by the pharmaceutical companies even the lateral flow tests are made in China,it's all to much political for me now"
and therein lays the problem you need to get over all this rubbish that the government is doing this for control or money or where tests are made, a massive amount of consumer products are made in China already and it's never been a problem before because it made them cheap and easily accessible to the masses so why is it an issue now? This just isn't a sustainable plan for control or financial gain as it has caused massive damage to the economy already and do you really thing that a, boris and the idiots have the smarts to organise something like this when they cant even organise a party and keep it quiet and b, that every government in the world even those that hate each other would really work together to concoct a world wide pandemic? I think you give all of them to much credit to be honest.

Pharmaceutical companies are mostly providing the vaccines at cost until the pandemic is over which means until we get back to normal they are not making massive amounts of money they are trying to save lives. Once the pandemic ends they will make their profits from any small outbreaks that require extra vaccines if the virus doesn't burn itself out

nr spalding

Don't

Omicron is not serious

FACT CHECK

Stay safe out there…

I'm sorry to hear this cali and really hope they recover soon and fully

I watched a film called CONTAGION a while back says alot about what is happening now,I think the film was made in 2011 so conspiracy or not it's come to that we are living it,like I said before in a post I beleive this virus started by certain people eating flesh of animals,we all share this planet at the end of the day mother nature works in mysterious ways and will always rise above anyone or anything in its way

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"I watched a film called CONTAGION a while back says alot about what is happening now,I think the film was made in 2011 so conspiracy or not it's come to that we are living it,like I said before in a post I beleive this virus started by certain people eating flesh of animals,we all share this planet at the end of the day mother nature works in mysterious ways and will always rise above anyone or anything in its way"

Are humans omnivores?

Are you a vegetarian?

If mother nature creates a virus, then we shouldn't do anything to prevent it from spreading and killing people?

"I watched a film called CONTAGION a while back says alot about what is happening now,I think the film was made in 2011 so conspiracy or not it's come to that we are living it,like I said before in a post I beleive this virus started by certain people eating flesh of animals,we all share this planet at the end of the day mother nature works in mysterious ways and will always rise above anyone or anything in its way"

Lol

Don't

Omicron is not serious

FACT CHECK

Stay safe out there…

You mean the same was as some unlucky people of all ages are knocked on their arses by flu every year?

This is now no worse.

CORONAVIRUS=CARNIVOROUS

nr spalding

I explained in some detail why that theory was flawed when you posted it and used bubonic plague as an example as that was spread by fleas on the rats that were initially blamed for spreading it and I am sure fleas where not a viable food source even for the poor back then and stated that it is completely possible that it could have crossed the species barrier via contact with bat faeces or even a scratch/bite from a bat which are know to carry many forms of coronaviruses

By *herryblossom_BJ OP   Woman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Stop wearing it"

Work made it compulsory to wear one and I work very long hours wearing them. Not completely by choice unlike some people on here who have a choice or don't really care. ;-

I respect your knowledge in all this,but I think we will never know exactly how or what happened,I certainly don't beleive in the man made lab theory

By *cottish_switchMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Easy. Chuck the mask in the bin.

Unless you're in a high risk environment & wearing a fit-tested FFP3 respiratior it's doing you no good anyway.

Manchester (she/her)

Stop wearing it

Work made it compulsory to wear one and I work very long hours wearing them. Not completely by choice unlike some people on here who have a choice or don't really care. ;- "

I hope some of the tips help you, OP.