FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Novak…

Novak…

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

So.. erm… do we start another thread?

Have to say… cracking timing by the Aussie government… means most federal courts are shut and if he gets an injunction to appeal, most likely would not take place before the tournament starts…

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *d4funtimesMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

Now, Novak is going to have time to attend Number 10 garden parties.

By *regoniansCouple  over a year ago

Oundle

He may well get to number 10 one day as he apparently has designs on a political career after his playing days are over and a run at the Serbian presidency.

By *hristopherd999Man  over a year ago

Brentwood

I don't know why he was given a visa in the first place!

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"So.. erm… do we start another thread?

Have to say… cracking timing by the Aussie government… means most federal courts are shut and if he gets an injunction to appeal, most likely would not take place before the tournament starts…"

It has been all about the timing on both sides. Novak was lucky he had a positive test Dec 16th or he wouldn't have been able to enter the tournament....

By *attoedMan  over a year ago

Aldershot

Probably down to the fact after testing positive he attended an event that involved children very stupid on his part plus no sports council

Have power over country’s visa and travel laws

See they have actually cancelled his visa now so he’s back to square one

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Have to say… cracking timing by the Aussie government… means most federal courts are shut and if he gets an injunction to appeal, most likely would not take place before the tournament starts…"

6pm on a Friday

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Back to Serbia to answer why he broke national covid laws..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He has been known to ask why he doesn’t get the love Roger and Rafa get. I think this whole debacle has gone some way to answer that.

I feel he will end up with more grand slam singles titles than both of the afore mentioned players and will probably, arguably, claim to be the best male player of all time. But in terms of popularity the other two will always be miles ahead.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

And if Novak decided to get vaccinated, he would go a long way to improving Serbia's pitiful vaccination record. Just 43% I believe.

He could go from zero to hero very quickly, but thats his choice.

whilst i think the Aus govmnt has been harsh to its own citizens during this pandemic, particularly preventing citizens from returning to Aus. I do kinda admire tbe Aus dontgiveafuckery attitude. And when a 'world' superstar with a 'rules dont apply to me' attitude meets the dontgiveafuckery minister its amusing.

Manchester (she/her)

"whilst i think the Aus govmnt has been harsh to its own citizens during this pandemic, particularly preventing citizens from returning to Aus. I do kinda admire tbe Aus dontgiveafuckery attitude. And when a 'world' superstar with a 'rules dont apply to me' attitude meets the dontgiveafuckery minister its amusing."

So much

in Lancashire

"whilst i think the Aus govmnt has been harsh to its own citizens during this pandemic, particularly preventing citizens from returning to Aus. I do kinda admire tbe Aus dontgiveafuckery attitude. And when a 'world' superstar with a 'rules dont apply to me' attitude meets the dontgiveafuckery minister its amusing."

Terra Firma

"whilst i think the Aus govmnt has been harsh to its own citizens during this pandemic, particularly preventing citizens from returning to Aus. I do kinda admire tbe Aus dontgiveafuckery attitude. And when a 'world' superstar with a 'rules dont apply to me' attitude meets the dontgiveafuckery minister its amusing.

So much "

I do think this has been a clear message to the world, we don't care who you are or what you do, you do it our way in our country.

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"He has been known to ask why he doesn’t get the love Roger and Rafa get. I think this whole debacle has gone some way to answer that.

I feel he will end up with more grand slam singles titles than both of the afore mentioned players and will probably, arguably, claim to be the best male player of all time. But in terms of popularity the other two will always be miles ahead."

True. And that’s even more true now than it was a few weeks ago.

henley on thames

"whilst i think the Aus govmnt has been harsh to its own citizens during this pandemic, particularly preventing citizens from returning to Aus. I do kinda admire tbe Aus dontgiveafuckery attitude. And when a 'world' superstar with a 'rules dont apply to me' attitude meets the dontgiveafuckery minister its amusing.

So much

I do think this has been a clear message to the world, we don't care who you are or what you do, you do it our way in our country.

"

That was always the clear impression that I had anyway. Novak clearly hasn’t watched enough Aussie airport programmes. Anyone who has knows that these guys are absolute sticklers.

Same as going into the US, not a time to start playing silly buggers with a form, if those guys decide you haven’t got things right you are screwed.

Manchester (she/her)

So much

"

Let's hope people learn that you respect the laws of the country you go to. Spain too in this case...

henley on thames

So much

Let's hope people learn that you respect the laws of the country you go to. Spain too in this case..."

Let’s hope people learn to respect the laws of countries we visit? Pretty sure most of already do that. I know that I do, and if I don’t like the laws / rules in a particular country then I don’t go there. In a previous job, there was one country that I refused to visit when asked to.

Manchester (she/her)

So much

Let's hope people learn that you respect the laws of the country you go to. Spain too in this case...

Let’s hope people learn to respect the laws of countries we visit? Pretty sure most of already do that. I know that I do, and if I don’t like the laws / rules in a particular country then I don’t go there. In a previous job, there was one country that I refused to visit when asked to. "

Yes. Most do. Djokovic clearly hasn't. And consequences attach to that.

(I'm sure the overwhelmingly vaccinated Australian population will be devastated at losing the tourism of people who won't get vaccinated)

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

So I take it cocky Mr Novak no vax has met his match in the Australian government and the "heroic freedom fighter" for the I dont wanna do it crowd has been told to bugger off home then? Good on Australia for enforcing the rules and laws of the country

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

#UPDATE The Australian judge who blocked Novak Djokovic's deportation has scheduled an emergency hearing for late on Friday

Manchester (she/her)

"#UPDATE The Australian judge who blocked Novak Djokovic's deportation has scheduled an emergency hearing for late on Friday"

Looks like it's in progress:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-14/novak-djokovic-updates-blog-visa-decision-alex-hawke/100755958

Newcastle and Gateshead

"#UPDATE The Australian judge who blocked Novak Djokovic's deportation has scheduled an emergency hearing for late on Friday"

Watching it on YouTube now …. It’s looks like he is going to refer it up so he isn’t going to make a decision! So may not be decided till tomorrow..

Also… interesting titbit… he is not in custody and they are saying he has to meet immigration at 8am tomorrow

Newcastle and Gateshead

Looks like coming back tomorrow before any rulings… Novak still meeting with immigration at 8am

Manchester (she/her)

"Looks like coming back tomorrow before any rulings… Novak still meeting with immigration at 8am"

Likely to be detained from midday (1am GMT)

He really should just identify as being vaccinated. Works for biological men wishing to enter biological female sports at the Olympic games. Nothing wrong with that btw

It's science

Terra Firma

In this truly hypothetical situation I wonder what he would do?

Resolution options:

1) He has a blood test to confirm antibodies are present after the Dec 16th positive PCR test.

Apologise to the Australian people and Government for not handling his affairs with the the respect Australia deserves.

Donate any Australian Open winnings to an Australian charity / good cause.

**Failure of option 1 carries risk, fail the test and face criminal charges**

2) Leave with an apology

3) Leave

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Just sat discussing the very same. Do you think the timing was deliberate by the immigration minister? I mean based on what's now out in the press he cant really complain can he?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"He may well get to number 10 one day as he apparently has designs on a political career after his playing days are over and a run at the Serbian presidency. "

Well his flexible relationship with the truth and memory makes him ideally suited

By *ilver Fox 60Man  over a year ago

Southport

The last I heard is that his lawyers are seeking a judicial review. And the judge presiding over this review? The same one that cleared him in the first place. There must be a lot of dirty money flying around.

"The last I heard is that his lawyers are seeking a judicial review. And the judge presiding over this review? The same one that cleared him in the first place. There must be a lot of dirty money flying around."

Oohhh... conspiracy theories on the virus forum? Tim foil hats at the ready

nr spalding

"He really should just identify as being vaccinated. Works for biological men wishing to enter biological female sports at the Olympic games. Nothing wrong with that btw

It's science"

It's not science though is it because he is either vaccinated or not it's that simple, if he has never had a vaccination administered he isn't vaccinated end of and yes he may have antibodies from previous infection but he still hasnt been vaccinated, he simply has some level of natural immunity , where as the whole transgender situation within sports is a far more complex situation I suspect many many arguments for and against on each side.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"He really should just identify as being vaccinated. Works for biological men wishing to enter biological female sports at the Olympic games. Nothing wrong with that btw

It's science

It's not science though is it because he is either vaccinated or not it's that simple, if he has never had a vaccination administered he isn't vaccinated end of and yes he may have antibodies from previous infection but he still hasnt been vaccinated, he simply has some level of natural immunity , where as the whole transgender situation within sports is a far more complex situation I suspect many many arguments for and against on each side."

Unless you were vaccinated a while ago and haven't had boosters, then you would still be a previously vaccinated unvaccinated I believe.

nr spalding

It's science

It's not science though is it because he is either vaccinated or not it's that simple, if he has never had a vaccination administered he isn't vaccinated end of and yes he may have antibodies from previous infection but he still hasnt been vaccinated, he simply has some level of natural immunity , where as the whole transgender situation within sports is a far more complex situation I suspect many many arguments for and against on each side.

Unless you were vaccinated a while ago and haven't had boosters, then you would still be a previously vaccinated unvaccinated I believe."

The .Gov site states that for travel to the uk vaccinated counts as having both doses of a two does vaccine ie Pfizer ect or a single dose of the single dose vaccine from johnson and johnson, noting about booster jab being needed to count as vaccinated at all

It's science

It's not science though is it because he is either vaccinated or not it's that simple, if he has never had a vaccination administered he isn't vaccinated end of and yes he may have antibodies from previous infection but he still hasnt been vaccinated, he simply has some level of natural immunity , where as the whole transgender situation within sports is a far more complex situation I suspect many many arguments for and against on each side."

He's now an oppressed minority right? Minority oppressors are very much unliked in modern society. In my opinion opressed minorities should by right receive the same freedoms and liberties as everyone. Transgender folk know all too well how their rights and freedoms are trampled on by oppressors. If he identifies as jabbed then so be it. Everyone gets to play bat 'n' ball for a million quid...

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The last I heard is that his lawyers are seeking a judicial review. And the judge presiding over this review? The same one that cleared him in the first place. There must be a lot of dirty money flying around.

Oohhh... conspiracy theories on the virus forum? Tim foil hats at the ready"

Not quite… Novak lawyer wanted it handled by the same judge because they are saying it’s on the same grounds, This judge said no to that because he is saying the last appeal was on how border force carried out the implementation of the deportation, not the actual notice to deport!

This judge wins….

"The last I heard is that his lawyers are seeking a judicial review. And the judge presiding over this review? The same one that cleared him in the first place. There must be a lot of dirty money flying around.

Oohhh... conspiracy theories on the virus forum? Tim foil hats at the ready

Not quite… Novak lawyer wanted it handled by the same judge because they are saying it’s on the same grounds, This judge said no to that because he is saying the last appeal was on how border force carried out the implementation of the deportation, not the actual notice to deport!

This judge wins…. "

And the 'must be a lot of dirty money's ? That sounds very conspiratorial

So much

That was always the clear impression that I had anyway. Novak clearly hasn’t watched enough Aussie airport programmes. Anyone who has knows that these guys are absolute sticklers.

Same as going into the US, not a time to start playing silly buggers with a form, if those guys decide you haven’t got things right you are screwed. "

nr spalding

It's science

He's now an oppressed minority right? Minority oppressors are very much unliked in modern society. In my opinion opressed minorities should by right receive the same freedoms and liberties as everyone. Transgender folk know all too well how their rights and freedoms are trampled on by oppressors. If he identifies as jabbed then so be it. Everyone gets to play bat 'n' ball for a million quid..."

He is not an oppressed minority sorry but he is just a rich arrogant tennis player that thought he could sneak past the Australian laws and bend the rules. To equate that to the real issues and oppression that the trans community have faced over the years is in my eyes somewhat shameful really.

henley on thames

It's science"

Not sure how I mocking transgender people helps the discussion

nr spalding

It's science

Not sure how I mocking transgender people helps the discussion "

apparently because he is also an "oppressed minority" now just the same as them he is allowed to identify as whatever he likes

It's science

He's now an oppressed minority right? Minority oppressors are very much unliked in modern society. In my opinion opressed minorities should by right receive the same freedoms and liberties as everyone. Transgender folk know all too well how their rights and freedoms are trampled on by oppressors. If he identifies as jabbed then so be it. Everyone gets to play bat 'n' ball for a million quid...

He is not an oppressed minority sorry but he is just a rich arrogant tennis player that thought he could sneak past the Australian laws and bend the rules. To equate that to the real issues and oppression that the trans community have faced over the years is in my eyes somewhat shameful really. "

He is in a minority yes?

His freedom to play tennis in Australia is being blocked yes?

His right to earn a living is being curtailed yes?

I'd say that's pretty oppressive. Your idea of oppression differs from mine obviously. I tend to look at the individual freedoms of people should not be curtailed by anyone.... regardless of ethnicity, religious beliefs, skin colour, sexuality, gender and medical status. Shame on you for believing otherwise

henley on thames

It's science

He is not an oppressed minority sorry but he is just a rich arrogant tennis player that thought he could sneak past the Australian laws and bend the rules. To equate that to the real issues and oppression that the trans community have faced over the years is in my eyes somewhat shameful really. "

Agreed.

It's science

Not sure how I mocking transgender people helps the discussion "

Point out the mockery please

henley on thames

It's science

He is not an oppressed minority sorry but he is just a rich arrogant tennis player that thought he could sneak past the Australian laws and bend the rules. To equate that to the real issues and oppression that the trans community have faced over the years is in my eyes somewhat shameful really.

He is in a minority yes?

I'd say that's pretty oppressive. Your idea of oppression differs from mine obviously. I tend to look at the individual freedoms of people should not be curtailed by anyone.... regardless of ethnicity, religious beliefs, skin colour, sexuality, gender and medical status. Shame on you for believing otherwise"

This is an individual case, where the individual has clearly and repeatedly flouted rules. Being hauled up for breaking rules is not oppression, and to suggest that it is is an insult to victims of real oppression.

nr spalding

It's science

He is in a minority yes?

I'd say that's pretty oppressive. Your idea of oppression differs from mine obviously. I tend to look at the individual freedoms of people should not be curtailed by anyone.... regardless of ethnicity, religious beliefs, skin colour, sexuality, gender and medical status. Shame on you for believing otherwise"

He isn't oppressed he failed to adhere to the laws of that country, does that mean that if you choose not to adhear to uk law you are oppressed? No it means you have broken the law and you are then subject to the consequences of breaking said law same applies in all countries. No shame on me at all for seeing these particular situation as it is, he was aware of the requirements for entry from the start and failed to adhear to them.

nr spalding

It's science

Point out the mockery please"

I belive the mockery is that you are equating some farcical right to identify as vaccinated to the right of trans people to identify as their chosen gender rather than the gender assigned to them at birth

in Lancashire

It's science

This..

It's science

He is in a minority yes?

I'd say that's pretty oppressive. Your idea of oppression differs from mine obviously. I tend to look at the individual freedoms of people should not be curtailed by anyone.... regardless of ethnicity, religious beliefs, skin colour, sexuality, gender and medical status. Shame on you for believing otherwise

He isn't oppressed he failed to adhere to the laws of that country, does that mean that if you choose not to adhear to uk law you are oppressed? No it means you have broken the law and you are then subject to the consequences of breaking said law same applies in all countries. No shame on me at all for seeing these particular situation as it is, he was aware of the requirements for entry from the start and failed to adhear to them."

Laws that discriminate against people because of their medical status are oppressive. You may agree to them. That's your right and you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. I disagree with your opinion. Again...my right. Oppression comes in all sorts of ways as I'm sure you are aware. From sl@very, mockery, violence etc....in my opinion, barring someone from earning a living because of medical status is another form

If vaxed can carry, catch and spread I don't see an issue. Surely in exactly the same boat as everyone else anyway.

henley on thames

It's science

I belive the mockery is that you are equating some farcical right to identify as vaccinated to the right of trans people to identify as their chosen gender rather than the gender assigned to them at birth"

Correct.

It's science

I belive the mockery is that you are equating some farcical right to identify as vaccinated to the right of trans people to identify as their chosen gender rather than the gender assigned to them at birth"

If that's how you read it then you're welcome to your interpretation. I wouldn't wish to oppress you. I read it as the rights of an individual should be upheld regardless of sexuality, gender, ethnicity etc...and medical status. But you are allowed to say and think what you want

nr spalding

"If vaxed can carry, catch and spread I don't see an issue. Surely in exactly the same boat as everyone else anyway. "

Thier country their laws and rules, also vaccination decreases the risks of catching, transmitting, becoming seriously ill, needing hospitalization and death. So not quite the same boat but yes you can still possibly catch and transmit the virus but there is a reduced chance compared to being unvaccinated

henley on thames

It's science

He is in a minority yes?

He isn't oppressed he failed to adhere to the laws of that country, does that mean that if you choose not to adhear to uk law you are oppressed? No it means you have broken the law and you are then subject to the consequences of breaking said law same applies in all countries. No shame on me at all for seeing these particular situation as it is, he was aware of the requirements for entry from the start and failed to adhear to them.

Laws that discriminate against people because of their medical status are oppressive. You may agree to them. That's your right and you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. I disagree with your opinion. Again...my right. Oppression comes in all sorts of ways as I'm sure you are aware. From sl@very, mockery, violence etc....in my opinion, barring someone from earning a living because of medical status is another form"

What you are describing is not oppression. It just isn’t.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

The one thing nobody seems to be talking about (to be fair they might have as not read every post in the Novak threads) is that at least this means some other tennis player has a good chance of winning for a change!

It's science

He is in a minority yes?

Laws that discriminate against people because of their medical status are oppressive. You may agree to them. That's your right and you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. I disagree with your opinion. Again...my right. Oppression comes in all sorts of ways as I'm sure you are aware. From sl@very, mockery, violence etc....in my opinion, barring someone from earning a living because of medical status is another form

What you are describing is not oppression. It just isn’t. "

In your opinion...and thankfully we live in (mostly in my opinion) a democracy. You can copy and paste whichever dictionary definition of oppression you wish.

nr spalding

It's science

I belive the mockery is that you are equating some farcical right to identify as vaccinated to the right of trans people to identify as their chosen gender rather than the gender assigned to them at birth

If that's how you read it then you're welcome to your interpretation. I wouldn't wish to oppress you. I read it as the rights of an individual should be upheld regardless of sexuality, gender, ethnicity etc...and medical status. But you are allowed to say and think what you want"

oh dont worry I dont feel at all oppressed and it's apparently not just how I read it either, I think there are many here that would read it the same way as myself and whilst I agree with your statement of "the rights of an individual should be upheld regardless of sexuality, gender, ethnicity etc" the "and medical status" part is the problem whilst we are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic where countries are trying to control the virus and protect their citizens from further infection, the vaccine has been proven to reduce risk of infection by and transmission of the virus there for if a country wishes to refuse entry to the unvaccinated that is thier choice not the choice of one rich arrogant tennis player that thinks he has a right to lie and cheat his way into the country.

nr spalding

"The one thing nobody seems to be talking about (to be fair they might have as not read every post in the Novak threads) is that at least this means some other tennis player has a good chance of winning for a change! "

Lol I think it was mentioned in an earlier thread on this topic

Wonder how many are going to have to leave the court due to health issues. I know of one already and wonder how the mainstream will try to hide if they do.

henley on thames

It's science

He is in a minority yes?

What you are describing is not oppression. It just isn’t.

In your opinion...and thankfully we live in (mostly in my opinion) a democracy. You can copy and paste whichever dictionary definition of oppression you wish. "

Democracy does not mean inventing your own meaning for words.

Manchester (she/her)

"The one thing nobody seems to be talking about (to be fair they might have as not read every post in the Novak threads) is that at least this means some other tennis player has a good chance of winning for a change! "

Is possible. Not the angle that interests me, to be honest

By *aximumperversionMan  over a year ago

Nationwide

"And if Novak decided to get vaccinated, he would go a long way to improving Serbia's pitiful vaccination record. Just 43% I believe.

He could go from zero to hero very quickly, but thats his choice. "

Seems like the Serbs read into things and don’t blindly fall over themselves to get jabbed

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"And if Novak decided to get vaccinated, he would go a long way to improving Serbia's pitiful vaccination record. Just 43% I believe.

Seems like the Serbs read into things and don’t blindly fall over themselves to get jabbed"

Or they blindly follow whichever social media narrative that backs up their choice not to get vaccinated.

Nationwide

Seems like the Serbs read into things and don’t blindly fall over themselves to get jabbed

Or they blindly follow whichever social media narrative that backs up their choice not to get vaccinated."

Or they prefer to take their time and not jump into things

Manchester (she/her)

Or they blindly follow whichever social media narrative that backs up their choice not to get vaccinated.

Or they prefer to take their time and not jump into things"

Or it's not relevant to Australia upholding its law, as it has a right to do.

As the court found, he had done nothing wrong.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Nationwide

Or it's not relevant to Australia upholding its law, as it has a right to do."

Or that’s not relevant to the comment on the 43% of Serbians who are looking into whether to have the vaccine or not and making their own decision not one of peer,media and governmental pressure

Nationwide

"As the court found, he had done nothing wrong."

Nationwide

"As the court found, he had done nothing wrong. "

At the end of the day,not having it not wanting a vaccination isn’t wrong.

Flagrante

Or they prefer to take their time and not jump into things"

How much time do they need I wonder

Nationwide

How much time do they need I wonder"

I don’t know.Do they need to be rushed??

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

Im sure I overheard someone mention some authority had scanned the QR. Code and that date was the 26th Dec which if true means he had a +ve test on 26th not 16th which means he might be ok As far being out and about before but would have disbarred him entry to Australia as having a pos test within a proscribed time limit. Either way he does come a ross as an arrogant dick and im guessing that makes the Aussies much more likely to tell him to eff off home.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's science

If that's how you read it then you're welcome to your interpretation. I wouldn't wish to oppress you. I read it as the rights of an individual should be upheld regardless of sexuality, gender, ethnicity etc...and medical status. But you are allowed to say and think what you want"

His so called 'medical status' is not a disability but relates to his choice not to have received a vaccination, that he was fully free to have. Further, he imposed risks on others, in more than 1 country whilst infected. Those choices and his behaviour are in no way equivalent to a protected characteristic, as defined by the law, including for transgender people. Your multiple posts are, at best, irritating, argumentative posts, akin to trolling. His position is completely different to those like myself, who have faced discrimination and been subject to violence and murder.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"As the court found, he had done nothing wrong."

Except get the 2 vaccines that are required to enter the country

His was not a medical exemption as he did not have a condition that prevented him getting vaccinated only his choice not to

I worry about the state of mental health these days! Just imagine we all sit in a boat and there are only enough life jackets for half of us. Half of us are under 18 and the other half are over 65. Where are those in between? At work! Who would you give the life jackets to? The under 18s of course! The over 65s have already lived their lives and possibly already have life limiting illnesses. I will stop there and lets see where this story goes. Your thoughts so far please.

Oundle

"

He is in a minority yes?

Following that through then, a lorry driver (minority), gets d*unk (bigger minority) and banned from driving. Of course hhis freedom to earn a living has been curtailed - the law has been broken and for that there are penalites.

Oundle

Seems like the Serbs read into things and don’t blindly fall over themselves to get jabbed"

Ah the Serbs. They have a great track record and reputation when it comes to minorities, do they not?

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"I worry about the state of mental health these days! Just imagine we all sit in a boat and there are only enough life jackets for half of us. Half of us are under 18 and the other half are over 65. Where are those in between? At work! Who would you give the life jackets to? The under 18s of course! The over 65s have already lived their lives and possibly already have life limiting illnesses. I will stop there and lets see where this story goes. Your thoughts so far please."

1 if you're sitting in a boat why do you need a lifejacket

2 if you were in a sinking boat and if you give each person over 65 a lifejacket they will each try to save a child

3 I don't really get what you're saying

Flagrante

I don’t know.Do they need to be rushed??"

I wouldn't call a year to decide rushing.

He could also end up like the New York Times editor who boasted about having the prick in order not to become one! Carlos was his name and he was dead within 24 hours! Heart attack. Study Africa and see how countries with low take up also have lower mortality. George Carlyn, first rule, don't believe anything the government tells you! Remember Iraq! George W Bush took the piss about not finding any weapons! Would you believe anything Tony Blairs says? Vietnam! Started witha lie and 58K US soldiers lost their lives and god knows how many Vietnamese.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"As the court found, he had done nothing wrong. "

Actually the judge the implementation of the deportation order by border force to be done incorrectly……. The actual deportation order itself was not what argued about!!

If you need 2 jabs to get into a country… tough… their country, their rules…

Don’t like those rules…. Don’t visit

Manchester (she/her)

Or it's not relevant to Australia upholding its law, as it has a right to do.

Or that’s not relevant to the comment on the 43% of Serbians who are looking into whether to have the vaccine or not and making their own decision not one of peer,media and governmental pressure"

The only Serbian in question on the topic of this thread is the one who seems to have broken Australian and Spanish immigration law.

If Serbians want to follow the bold noble freedom fighters like lemmings off a cliff, or whatever they believe they're doing, they can have at it. As long as they respect the laws of the countries they go to.

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 14/01/22 16:35:07]

Terra Firma

"He could also end up like the New York Times editor who boasted about having the prick in order not to become one! Carlos was his name and he was dead within 24 hours! Heart attack. Study Africa and see how countries with low take up also have lower mortality. George Carlyn, first rule, don't believe anything the government tells you! Remember Iraq! George W Bush took the piss about not finding any weapons! Would you believe anything Tony Blairs says? Vietnam! Started witha lie and 58K US soldiers lost their lives and god knows how many Vietnamese."

Why don't you check your facts before writing such utter nonsense!! You are absolutely wrong that Carlos Tejada died after boasting about having a covid jab. He died of a heart attack aged 49. He wrote about China covering up Covid, he exposed Chins's mistreatment of Muslims. He deserves far more respect than you have shown with your awful comment above!

Bristol

"I worry about the state of mental health these days! Just imagine we all sit in a boat and there are only enough life jackets for half of us. Half of us are under 18 and the other half are over 65. Where are those in between? At work! Who would you give the life jackets to? The under 18s of course! The over 65s have already lived their lives and possibly already have life limiting illnesses. I will stop there and lets see where this story goes. Your thoughts so far please."

He still tried to blag his way in by claiming exemption which was total bullshit

Bristol

"As the court found, he had done nothing wrong.

Actually the judge the implementation of the deportation order by border force to be done incorrectly……. The actual deportation order itself was not what argued about!!

If you need 2 jabs to get into a country… tough… their country, their rules…

Don’t like those rules…. Don’t visit"

Exactly

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I can't get over the ease of the Novak/Novax djokavic pun.

nr spalding

It's science

If that's how you read it then you're welcome to your interpretation. I wouldn't wish to oppress you. I read it as the rights of an individual should be upheld regardless of sexuality, gender, ethnicity etc...and medical status. But you are allowed to say and think what you want

His so called 'medical status' is not a disability but relates to his choice not to have received a vaccination, that he was fully free to have. Further, he imposed risks on others, in more than 1 country whilst infected. Those choices and his behaviour are in no way equivalent to a protected characteristic, as defined by the law, including for transgender people. Your multiple posts are, at best, irritating, argumentative posts, akin to trolling. His position is completely different to those like myself, who have faced discrimination and been subject to violence and murder. "

thankyou for stating this Sophie this is the exact point I was trying to make possibly poorly but I think the basics were there atleast

henley on thames

"I worry about the state of mental health these days! Just imagine we all sit in a boat and there are only enough life jackets for half of us. Half of us are under 18 and the other half are over 65. Where are those in between? At work! Who would you give the life jackets to? The under 18s of course! The over 65s have already lived their lives and possibly already have life limiting illnesses. I will stop there and lets see where this story goes. Your thoughts so far please.

He still tried to blag his way in by claiming exemption which was total bullshit "

... and then blame his “agent” for blatant lies on his immigration form.

henley on thames

Boats should have enough life jackets for everyone, that’s a legal requirement. And other devices on board may suffice as alternative flotation devices. Worst case, some of the strongest swimmers might opt to forego a life jacket, and use clothes to make flotation devices (something I learned as a kid when doing swimming survival training).

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"I don't know why he was given a visa in the first place!"

henley on thames

"I don't know why he was given a visa in the first place! "

Yes it has been a complete shambles from start to finish. The Aussies look like a bunch of muppets, and Novak looks like a total arse.

By *ayjay218Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

interesting as in times gone by it was women and children first when on a doomed ship! children yes but in this age of equal rights (which I agree with totally) does that mean that chivalry has no place anymore as it might appear to still show that it is still not equality?

Nationwide

I don’t know.Do they need to be rushed??

I wouldn't call a year to decide rushing."

Or just perhaps they don’t want the jab.

Not everyone wants it has that ever dawned on you?

Central

[Removed by poster at 14/01/22 20:43:22]

Central

It's science

His so called 'medical status' is not a disability but relates to his choice not to have received a vaccination, that he was fully free to have. Further, he imposed risks on others, in more than 1 country whilst infected. Those choices and his behaviour are in no way equivalent to a protected characteristic, as defined by the law, including for transgender people. Your multiple posts are, at best, irritating, argumentative posts, akin to trolling. His position is completely different to those like myself, who have faced discrimination and been subject to violence and murder. thankyou for stating this Sophie this is the exact point I was trying to make possibly poorly but I think the basics were there atleast"

Thanks! If this tennis player wants to try that argument, he's welcome to try. He's an overprivileged architect of his own decline, that appears not to act in anything but his own interest, at any cost to others.

nr spalding

It's science

His so called 'medical status' is not a disability but relates to his choice not to have received a vaccination, that he was fully free to have. Further, he imposed risks on others, in more than 1 country whilst infected. Those choices and his behaviour are in no way equivalent to a protected characteristic, as defined by the law, including for transgender people. Your multiple posts are, at best, irritating, argumentative posts, akin to trolling. His position is completely different to those like myself, who have faced discrimination and been subject to violence and murder. thankyou for stating this Sophie this is the exact point I was trying to make possibly poorly but I think the basics were there atleast

Thanks! If this tennis player wants to try that argument, he's welcome to try. He's an overprivileged architect of his own decline, that appears not to act in anything but his own interest, at any cost to others. "

The users comparison annoyed me somewhat anyway as my son is trans (female to male) and he has suffered his own mother pretty much disowning him because of his choices

By *alisburycplCouple  over a year ago

Salisbury

At last

Power and money doesn’t always win….

Good luck to the Aussies!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Don't discuss other users on the forum , it is posts we need to comment on and not talk about people who are posting them. Also don't talk about bans or whether you think people have had them

Thanks

Terra Firma

The one part of this unfolding story I am really not understanding at the moment is the appeal process, why not simply deport Novak and if he wishes to appeal he can do so from his home country?

Manchester (she/her)

"The one part of this unfolding story I am really not understanding at the moment is the appeal process, why not simply deport Novak and if he wishes to appeal he can do so from his home country?

"

My thought is that if the order is unlawful, then the deportation would have a disproportionate effect on him, depriving him of the entire reason he's in Australia.

This process is certainly the most fair way to do it - he'll still have an opportunity to play, whereas he wouldn't if he had to leave.

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

Just to clarify, if he had covid 16th Dec and had actually isolated instead of doing visits/ PR stuff/ going to Spain ect then he would have been allowed in to compete without a problem?. Oh and filling out the forms correctly. So it seems to me that he had the opportunity to compete in Australia but his own actions prevent this happening. What I'm saying is, his choice on not being vaccinated is not what's stopping him competing instead it's his unwillingness to isolate for a little over a week

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"Just to clarify, if he had covid 16th Dec and had actually isolated instead of doing visits/ PR stuff/ going to Spain ect then he would have been allowed in to compete without a problem?. Oh and filling out the forms correctly. So it seems to me that he had the opportunity to compete in Australia but his own actions prevent this happening. What I'm saying is, his choice on not being vaccinated is not what's stopping him competing instead it's his unwillingness to isolate for a little over a week"

Hahaha.

That’s the fastest way to wind people up on here.

Reasoned, fact based interpretation of the situation. It’ll never catch on

in Lancashire

"Just to clarify, if he had covid 16th Dec and had actually isolated instead of doing visits/ PR stuff/ going to Spain ect then he would have been allowed in to compete without a problem?. Oh and filling out the forms correctly. So it seems to me that he had the opportunity to compete in Australia but his own actions prevent this happening. What I'm saying is, his choice on not being vaccinated is not what's stopping him competing instead it's his unwillingness to isolate for a little over a week"

If one is being cynical one might think he knew there would be redress from the authorities and wanted to make a point more akin to his views on vaccination etc..

By *lofeldMan  over a year ago

Redhill

"Just to clarify, if he had covid 16th Dec and had actually isolated instead of doing visits/ PR stuff/ going to Spain ect then he would have been allowed in to compete without a problem?. Oh and filling out the forms correctly. So it seems to me that he had the opportunity to compete in Australia but his own actions prevent this happening. What I'm saying is, his choice on not being vaccinated is not what's stopping him competing instead it's his unwillingness to isolate for a little over a week

If one is being cynical one might think he knew there would be redress from the authorities and wanted to make a point more akin to his views on vaccination etc..

"

It does seem rather odd that a man who travels all over the world on a Serbian passport all of a sudden can't fill out a form to get into Australia, I'd say that much...

henley on thames

No. Needed to be vaccinated in order to get into the country or have proof of a valid medical reason for not being able to be vaccinated.

It wanting to be vaccinated isn’t a good enough reason. And having had covid in December is irrelevant

henley on thames

"Just to clarify, if he had covid 16th Dec and had actually isolated instead of doing visits/ PR stuff/ going to Spain ect then he would have been allowed in to compete without a problem?. Oh and filling out the forms correctly. So it seems to me that he had the opportunity to compete in Australia but his own actions prevent this happening. What I'm saying is, his choice on not being vaccinated is not what's stopping him competing instead it's his unwillingness to isolate for a little over a week

"

I doubt it. His number one objective is winning the trophy, not some political grandstanding

Newcastle and Gateshead

Not quite … he got an exemption to compete at the AO, not an exemption to enter the country, as the Australian health ministry told and warned tennis Australia by letting back in mid November.

If he wasn’t as high profile as he is with his views, if he had not of been so blasé would have have gotten in? Maybe….

But if a brickie can’t get into Australia without being double jabbed it does feel like the height of arrogance on his behalf to think he can kick up as much of a fuss and be allowed entry!!

I think it’s interesting that the Serbian government and police have said they won’t charge Djokovic on his return for breaking their covid laws on isolation… and then you wonder what stokes the entitlement!

By *uff the Boner!Man  over a year ago

SWANSEA

Novak is a Self centered egotistical selfish treacherous cretin.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"If vaxed can carry, catch and spread I don't see an issue. Surely in exactly the same boat as everyone else anyway. "

Australian rules clearly state to enter their country then you have to be vaccinated.

If he objects to this, the choice is simple, don't get on a plane and try to lie your way in.

He's lucky he isn't being barred for 3yrs or prosecuted for falsification of a travel document although that could be next. As for blaming his agent for screwing up, he should have checked or done it himself as he is responsible for what was put on the form.

We wouldn't like someone coming to our country breaking the rules and claim they are unfair. We'd be the first to tell them "if you don't like, then feck off" and that is exactly what the Austrians have done..

Manchester (she/her)

"If vaxed can carry, catch and spread I don't see an issue. Surely in exactly the same boat as everyone else anyway.

Australian rules clearly state to enter their country then you have to be vaccinated.

If he objects to this, the choice is simple, don't get on a plane and try to lie your way in.

He's lucky he isn't being barred for 3yrs or prosecuted for falsification of a travel document although that could be next. As for blaming his agent for screwing up, he should have checked or done it himself as he is responsible for what was put on the form.

We wouldn't like someone coming to our country breaking the rules and claim they are unfair. We'd be the first to tell them "if you don't like, then feck off" and that is exactly what the Austrians have done.."

I'm not sure that we know that the minister hasn't or won't bar him for three years. (In fact my understanding is that, in theory, the bar could be permanent, it's a matter of ministerial prerogative. However, the courts in Australia have more power over the executive than they do in the UK - so this might well be non-justiciable in the UK)

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

"Novak is a Self centered egotistical selfish treacherous cretin."

I wonder if Novak cheats on Jelena?!

Longridge

That would really piss on his cherries..

Anyone else would be barred without argument. I heard it was could be barred for 3 years but no doubt permanent ban option is there. Anyone watched the Australian Border Force TV shows, I would like to annoy them.

What was that world record he wanted. What a shame.

Manchester (she/her)

"That would really piss on his cherries..

Anyone else would be barred without argument. I heard it was could be barred for 3 years but no doubt permanent ban option is there. Anyone watched the Australian Border Force TV shows, I would like to annoy them.

What was that world record he wanted. What a shame."

I've annoyed the Border Force It was an accident and I wouldn't recommend it

By *uteLittleGeekWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

"Novak is a Self centered egotistical selfish treacherous cretin."

And how do you know this?

Have you ever met him and spoken to him?

He is actually a lovely and very humble man. Very proud of his heritage and faith. Never talks how much he does for charities, disadvantaged families and terminally ill children in Serbia.

He just wants to play tennis and compete.

He should be allowed to do so.

henley on thames

"Novak is a Self centered egotistical selfish treacherous cretin.

He is actually a lovely and very humble man. Very proud of his heritage and faith. Never talks how much he does for charities, disadvantaged families and terminally ill children in Serbia.

He should be allowed to do so. "

If he wants to compete then he needs to follow rules and not lie. He has let himself down badly by lying

in Lancashire

I doubt it. His number one objective is winning the trophy, not some political grandstanding "

More than likely but given that's his priority, it's puzzling why he and his back up staff got it so wrong..

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

If he wants to compete then he needs to follow rules and not lie. He has let himself down badly by lying "

Manchester (she/her)

If he wants to compete then he needs to follow rules and not lie. He has let himself down badly by lying "

henley on thames

I doubt it. His number one objective is winning the trophy, not some political grandstanding

More than likely but given that's his priority, it's puzzling why he and his back up staff got it so wrong..

"

Who knows. Carelessness, arrogance, incompetence, take your pick.

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

Not quite … he got an exemption to compete at the AO, not an exemption to enter the country, as the Australian health ministry told and warned tennis Australia by letting back in mid November.

If he wasn’t as high profile as he is with his views, if he had not of been so blasé would have have gotten in? Maybe….

But if a brickie can’t get into Australia without being double jabbed it does feel like the height of arrogance on his behalf to think he can kick up as much of a fuss and be allowed entry!!

I think it’s interesting that the Serbian government and police have said they won’t charge Djokovic on his return for breaking their covid laws on isolation… and then you wonder what stokes the entitlement!"

Thank you for the information. I thought having covid recently was his excuse to get into the country without being vaccinated and that was why it was in the spotlight. Still seems his actions or in actions are the problem. Maybe as another poster pointed out it could be to do with drawing attention to his point of view on the vaccinations. I doubt he would have wanted it to end this way though

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

And he has just lost his appeal.

Excellent news, deportation next.

"He has been known to ask why he doesn’t get the love Roger and Rafa get. I think this whole debacle has gone some way to answer that.

I feel he will end up with more grand slam singles titles than both of the afore mentioned players and will probably, arguably, claim to be the best male player of all time. But in terms of popularity the other two will always be miles ahead."

By *incsladyandscotsmanCouple  over a year ago

North fife

Either way round the aussue open is now not a major in my eyes.

The planet has fought for years about removing discrimination. Racially, sexually, lgbtly.... And now we have this current situation.

What is currently happening in Australia is horrendous. There is discrimination against unvaxed people, they cannot work, travel etc.

There is a currently a situation where Australia have a teenage tennis sensation, tennis Australia are begging her to get vaccinated as she cannot play. She is refusing.

It is a bizarre situation in Australia with full of contradictions and discrimination.

Novaks situation sums ups Australia at this point in time. I'm so glad I did not stay there and returned home.

By *ryan...Man  over a year ago

1950's Original

Let me get this right.

Deportation FROM Australia !

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

novac no play on your way

By *TMA that man againMan  over a year ago

worester

"Either way round the aussue open is now not a major in my eyes.

The planet has fought for years about removing discrimination. Racially, sexually, lgbtly.... And now we have this current situation.

What is currently happening in Australia is horrendous. There is discrimination against unvaxed people, they cannot work, travel etc.

There is a currently a situation where Australia have a teenage tennis sensation, tennis Australia are begging her to get vaccinated as she cannot play. She is refusing.

It is a bizarre situation in Australia with full of contradictions and discrimination.

Novaks situation sums ups Australia at this point in time. I'm so glad I did not stay there and returned home.

"

He had a choice and he made it. I can respect that. Choices have consequences...make your choice, accept the consequences. It's not rocket science.

Add to the mix...at the start of covid he was denying it existed. So to use catching a non existent virus as an excuse not to get vaccinated is farcical.

His behaviour AFTER his "positive test" (or was it?). Mixing and attending events the two days after show that he IS a danger generally to spreading it around.

Well done to the Australian government for giving the arrogant (insert your own expletive here) the treatment he clearly deserved.

By *eachcplCouple  over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

Couldn't agree more. He thinks he can dictate things to suit himself regardless of rules, claims his agent was responsible for the apparent mistakes on his visa form. At the end of the day he should have checked it personally. He lied on the form saying he had not travelled anywhere after his alleged positive test, yet gets photo opportunities done to prove he has travelled. He has paid the price for thinking he is above the rules that cover everybody else.

Good on Australia. A government that actually sticks to it's rules, unlike another government we could mention.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I’m sorry… I don’t agree… it’s a bit saying the Australian womens event should not be considered a major because the Williams sisters aren’t playing!! That a ludicrous thing to say!!!

No one person is bigger than a sport! Tiger is not bigger than golf, Jordan bigger than basketball, Lewis bigger than F1!

The health ministry told tennis Australia back in mid November that certain exemption they were giving out would not gain entry into the country!!

Novak is no bigger than anyone else wanting to enter the country… no vaccination, no entry!

He had a choice, this is the consequence

Don’t like the consequences… you know what you need to do!

By *incsladyandscotsmanCouple  over a year ago

North fife

I’m sorry… I don’t agree… it’s a bit saying the Australian womens event should not be considered a major because the Williams sisters aren’t playing!! That a ludicrous thing to say!!!

No one person is bigger than a sport! Tiger is not bigger than golf, Jordan bigger than basketball, Lewis bigger than F1!

The health ministry told tennis Australia back in mid November that certain exemption they were giving out would not gain entry into the country!!

Novak is no bigger than anyone else wanting to enter the country… no vaccination, no entry!

Don’t like the consequences… you know what you need to do! "

Reread my post. You will see my reasons for suggesting that the Australian open in my eyes is not a major.

I referenced Olivia gadecki as well as novak, however my post was about discrimination which removes this open from the major calander. Which as years go by history will judge, and they always judge on the side of inclusion.

Sadly Australia's own internal state policies are heading towards apartheid South Africa's.

By *tticus Finch 76Man  over a year ago

Northampton

"

Sadly Australia's own internal state policies are heading towards apartheid South Africa's. "

Not really...you can't change the colour of your skin but you can change your vaccination status.

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

Reread my post. You will see my reasons for suggesting that the Australian open in my eyes is not a major.

I referenced Olivia gadecki as well as novak, however my post was about discrimination which removes this open from the major calander. Which as years go by history will judge, and they always judge on the side of inclusion.

Sadly Australia's own internal state policies are heading towards apartheid South Africa's. "

I grew up during the Apartheid era and if you know anything about what happened during that period who wouldn't compare what's happening in Australia with Apartheid

Newcastle and Gateshead

And if you don’t like the decision and like living in a land where one person doesn’t have that power you might want to leave the UK as well, as the Home Secretary has exactly the same power as her Australian counterpart… and various Home Secretaries have used it in the past to keep certain people out! Sports people and musicians

The other thing of note is that what was in effect being judged in this case was that the deportation order was not irrational or unreasonable enough to make it unlawful….

I could argue that between the original act of trying to enter Australia without the correct requirements, plus lying on the entry forms itself, which is his responsibility that anyone in that case would not get in…

The federal judges decided 3-0 on the matter

Longridge

If you want to travel to a country, learn to respect its rules and culture and dont try lying.

I might have sympathy for him if hadn't tried to deceive his way in.

Well done Australia. No man is bigger than the system in place to protect it's citizens.

Well the saga has come to an end, people are happy and a little smug it seems, your views are upheld.

This planet we call earth was formed without boarders, a world where we moved freely.

after war after war and the claim on land and the people boarders where formed which kept people in one place to be ruled.

Keeping these people in place required passports and these passports keep people tied to that land.

There should be a realisation now that your trapped, tied to a certain part of the world, and clapping any deportation is scary to me.

Theres a quote from a TV programme I remember called The Prisoner "I am not a number, I am a Free man"

Manchester (she/her)

"If you want to travel to a country, learn to respect its rules and culture and dont try lying.

Well done Australia. No man is bigger than the system in place to protect it's citizens."

Totally agree

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

I'm fed up of hearing Novak's thoughts on vaccines. I'd like to know what Noel Edmunds thinks.

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

Taxi for Djokovic!

By *anddXXXCouple  over a year ago

London

"

So are they, I would think.

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

Congratulations to Australia in managing to use Djokovic as a scapegoat for a failed zero Covid strategy. To say he was a risk to public health is laughable but at least they’ve avoided having to deal with a Jessie Owens situation. This behaviour typical of a totalitarian regime

bristol

"Well the saga has come to an end, people are happy and a little smug it seems, your views are upheld.

This planet we call earth was formed without boarders, a world where we moved freely.

after war after war and the claim on land and the people boarders where formed which kept people in one place to be ruled.

Keeping these people in place required passports and these passports keep people tied to that land.

There should be a realisation now that your trapped, tied to a certain part of the world, and clapping any deportation is scary to me.

Theres a quote from a TV programme I remember called The Prisoner "I am not a number, I am a Free man""

you do realise that passports don't keep you in one land,they actually do the opposite as you use them to enter ANOTHER country or land.

bristol

"If you want to travel to a country, learn to respect its rules and culture and dont try lying.

Well done Australia. No man is bigger than the system in place to protect it's citizens."

By *rilogyMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Can't believe the hate Novak gets just because he wants to choose what he puts in he's body.

all around

"Well the saga has come to an end, people are happy and a little smug it seems, your views are upheld.

Theres a quote from a TV programme I remember called The Prisoner "I am not a number, I am a Free man""

We used to have certain rights of free movement, they were voted away by the British public not taken away by the government.

nr spalding

There is a great song by the clash that springs to mind here

https://youtu.be/yhcreVY_qLI

Flagrante

Theres a quote from a TV programme I remember called The Prisoner "I am not a number, I am a Free man"

We used to have certain rights of free movement, they were voted away by the British public not taken away by the government."

Free movement is a myth. We need a passport and pre covid also needed to be vaccinated depending on the rules of the country we were visiting. For a lot of countries there are other entry requirements for which we need visas which also limit our stay and what we can do on those visas.

As swingers we are free thinkers but we also have to accept that we have to live within society and its rules.

By *anddXXXCouple  over a year ago

London

We used to have certain rights of free movement, they were voted away by the British public not taken away by the government."

Free movement to Australia ? Not in my lifetime there hasnt been. You need to go back a bit further and then to have committed a crime for that.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Can't believe the hate Novak gets just because he wants to choose what he puts in he's body."

I'm not really a tennis fan but even I know of this guy and have the up most respect for his sporting achievements. The problem is not satisfying entry requirements to Australia. If you want to go somewhere just check and obey the rules. If for whatever reason you can't obey them, well don't go.

Somewhere

"Congratulations to Australia in managing to use Djokovic as a scapegoat for a failed zero Covid strategy. To say he was a risk to public health is laughable but at least they’ve avoided having to deal with a Jessie Owens situation. This behaviour typical of a totalitarian regime"

nr spalding

"Congratulations to Australia in managing to use Djokovic as a scapegoat for a failed zero Covid strategy. To say he was a risk to public health is laughable but at least they’ve avoided having to deal with a Jessie Owens situation. This behaviour typical of a totalitarian regime

"

I dont see why people are giving this comment the thumbs up, he broke the entry rules for that country and he tried to lie to get round it, that doesn't make him some great freedom fighter or a scapegoat it makes him a damn idiot that got caught out and has had to suffer the consequences of his actions.

here

“One of the most dangerous aspects of the matter is the preparedness of the federal government to deem someone a risk to public order simply on the basis of what it perceives that person’s views might be. This is Orwellian and it is deeply troubling in a society supposedly committed to freedom of speech and freedom of thought." - Australian Lawyers Alliance

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Game. Set and Match.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"“One of the most dangerous aspects of the matter is the preparedness of the federal government to deem someone a risk to public order simply on the basis of what it perceives that person’s views might be. This is Orwellian and it is deeply troubling in a society supposedly committed to freedom of speech and freedom of thought." - Australian Lawyers Alliance"

Australia applies its sovereignty over its own borders.

It applies its domestic laws with no other organisation able to question it except its own courts which can only act as the domestic law dictates.

You voted for Brexit, you claim, to be able to have the same outcome.

Our current government wishes to reduce judicial independence and increase Ministerial powers in the same way.

All good, right?

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Novak Djokovic lied to enter Australia.

Was allowed to remain on a technicality.

Has to leave based on a decision made in Australian law.

I don't particularly like Minsters overruling judicial decisions, bit that is the law there and will be the law here.

Once again, we will see it demonstrated, may well not like what we see, but do it anyway.

Manchester (she/her)

"“One of the most dangerous aspects of the matter is the preparedness of the federal government to deem someone a risk to public order simply on the basis of what it perceives that person’s views might be. This is Orwellian and it is deeply troubling in a society supposedly committed to freedom of speech and freedom of thought." - Australian Lawyers Alliance

Australia applies its sovereignty over its own borders.

It applies its domestic laws with no other organisation able to question it except its own courts which can only act as the domestic law dictates.

You voted for Brexit, you claim, to be able to have the same outcome.

Our current government wishes to reduce judicial independence and increase Ministerial powers in the same way.

All good, right?"

And cancel British citizenship without notice.

Somewhere

"Congratulations to Australia in managing to use Djokovic as a scapegoat for a failed zero Covid strategy. To say he was a risk to public health is laughable but at least they’ve avoided having to deal with a Jessie Owens situation. This behaviour typical of a totalitarian regime

I dont see why people are giving this comment the thumbs up, he broke the entry rules for that country and he tried to lie to get round it, that doesn't make him some great freedom fighter or a scapegoat it makes him a damn idiot that got caught out and has had to suffer the consequences of his actions."

People? Do you mean me in particular?

I have given thumbs up as I agree with this comment and have completely different opinion then you.

I have a right to support the comment I like!

Am I going to be detained for that?

here

"Game. Set and Match. "

"Can't believe the hate Novak gets just because he wants to choose what he puts in he's body.

I'm not really a tennis fan but even I know of this guy and have the up most respect for his sporting achievements. The problem is not satisfying entry requirements to Australia. If you want to go somewhere just check and obey the rules. If for whatever reason you can't obey them, well don't go."

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

I dont see why people are giving this comment the thumbs up, he broke the entry rules for that country and he tried to lie to get round it, that doesn't make him some great freedom fighter or a scapegoat it makes him a damn idiot that got caught out and has had to suffer the consequences of his actions."

Who made you Commander in Chief if the thumbs up police? This is a forum, not everyone has to agree with you

As for why he’s been deported, the Australian government report states ‘ The cancellation decision was made on health and safety and good order grounds, on the basis it was in the public order to do so’. So nothing to do with breaking rules, being an idiot or providing untruths.

Has Djokovic not helped himself - absolutely, is he an arse - I don’t know as I don’t know him but not many people get to number one in their world and stay there without a degree of arrogance and ruthlessness. I do however feel that this is a bigger stain on Australia and history will not be kind to them

Terra Firma

"Congratulations to Australia in managing to use Djokovic as a scapegoat for a failed zero Covid strategy. To say he was a risk to public health is laughable but at least they’ve avoided having to deal with a Jessie Owens situation. This behaviour typical of a totalitarian regime"

The problem with this statement is you have singled out Djokovic, the same rules apply to everyone.

To add to this, people in support of Djokovic are saying the government singled him out, but that is not true... They identified a person who had singled himself out of a crowd with irregular / wrong details on his visa. That is what the border force are looking for, paid to do and why entry laws of the country being entered should be known before entering.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I dont see why people are giving this comment the thumbs up, he broke the entry rules for that country and he tried to lie to get round it, that doesn't make him some great freedom fighter or a scapegoat it makes him a damn idiot that got caught out and has had to suffer the consequences of his actions.

Who made you Commander in Chief if the thumbs up police? This is a forum, not everyone has to agree with you

As for why he’s been deported, the Australian government report states ‘ The cancellation decision was made on health and safety and good order grounds, on the basis it was in the public order to do so’. So nothing to do with breaking rules, being an idiot or providing untruths.

Has Djokovic not helped himself - absolutely, is he an arse - I don’t know as I don’t know him but not many people get to number one in their world and stay there without a degree of arrogance and ruthlessness. I do however feel that this is a bigger stain on Australia and history will not be kind to them "

I don’t think history will give two fucks about Australia telling someone trying to enter the country to go home.

all around

Has Djokovic not helped himself - absolutely, is he an arse - I don’t know as I don’t know him but not many people get to number one in their world and stay there without a degree of arrogance and ruthlessness. I do however feel that this is a bigger stain on Australia and history will not be kind to them "

Many people are refused entry to Australia in a weekly basis because they don't meet the entry criteria or lied on a visa application. Life's life, you take a risk and lose get over it.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

So much

"

If it happened here, just redecorate a room at the PM's house, all will be forgiven and swept under the carpet.

Nice to see, the rules apply to everyone in Oz.

in Lancashire

Country applying its own rules to not let someone in is nothing new, we have done so on umpteen occasions for many reasons..

It is not tyranny, nor the sign of a tyrannical regime when what is commonly accepted by any of the recognised criteria as a free democratic society is applied with objectivity..

The regimes that are tyrannical in nature are well known, less well known is how they operate..

The free press which people are viewing this issue through as I suspect tends to render null and void the claims being made..

Just a guess but I suspect not many who regularly trot out the tyranny, people being treated similar to what the Nazis did etc clichés have actually lived under such a regime?

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 16/01/22 11:55:47]

***** Breaking News Match Report *****

Melbourne, Australia

Novax Djokovic the Australian Open favourite was today sensationally knocked out in the preliminary round by Australian Wild Card and crowd favourite Alex Hawke.

Hawke seemed to take the unprepared Djokovic by suprise in the first set, unleashing a flurry of shots which sent the unprepared Djokovic reeling and having to return to his bench to take advice from his team, clearly his game plan was not going to get him through and needed changes.

Djokovic returned in the second set enthused by his new game plan and took it easily taking the set on the technicality of a disputed double fault, Hawke complained to the line judge but the second set was awarded to Djokovic.

Giving us a thrilling third and deciding set. Fans of both players were raucous, with the home player Hawke taking this support to strengthen his determination to win. Djokovic opened the set with a renewed confidence but Hawke responded in kind and delivered the final blow by serving an ace. Djokovic’s team furiously contended the line judge call claiming it was out but after the umpires interceded the ace was rule in and Djokovice was out. Game Set Match Hawke

Manchester (she/her)

"Country applying its own rules to not let someone in is nothing new, we have done so on umpteen occasions for many reasons..

It is not tyranny, nor the sign of a tyrannical regime when what is commonly accepted by any of the recognised criteria as a free democratic society is applied with objectivity..

The regimes that are tyrannical in nature are well known, less well known is how they operate..

The free press which people are viewing this issue through as I suspect tends to render null and void the claims being made..

Just a guess but I suspect not many who regularly trot out the tyranny, people being treated similar to what the Nazis did etc clichés have actually lived under such a regime?"

If you want tyranny, look at how refugees are treated in Australia. Djokovic got the lightest possible version of that and yet people scream like whiny little babies.

in Lancashire

Australia has far bigger stains on its history than this one particular person being sent home, I suspect you already know that though chose to ignore it..

Manchester (she/her)

"***** Breaking News Match Report *****

Melbourne, Australia

Novax Djokovic the Australian Open favourite was today sensationally knocked out in the preliminary round by Australian Wild Card and crowd favourite Alex Hawke.

Hawke seemed to take the unprepared Djokovic by suprise in the first set, unleashing a flurry of shots which sent the unprepared Djokovic reeling and having to return to his bench to take advice from his team, clearly his game plan was not going to get him through and needed changes.

Djokovic returned in the second set enthused by his new game plan and took it easily taking the set on the technicality of a disputed double fault, Hawke complained to the line judge but the second set was awarded to Djokovic.

Giving us a thrilling third and deciding set. Fans of both players were raucous, with the home player Hawke taking this support to strengthen his determination to win. Djokovic opened the set with a renewed confidence but Hawke responded in kind and delivered the final blow by serving an ace. Djokovic’s team furiously contended the line judge call claiming it was out but after the umpires interceded the ace was rule in and Djokovice was out. Game Set Match Hawke "

Crowd favourite being a federal LNP minister, sad but true

nr spalding

Damn talk about being pounced on for asking a simple question on a forum where I am entitled to

And no it wasnt aimed at a single person or did I claim to be the "thumbs up police"

I asked a question as to why the support for stating he is being used as a scapegoat as personally i dont think he is, Australia has one of the strictest border and immigration controls on the planet and everyone knows this, so he should have made sure he meet every single requirement and all documentation was completed correctly before entering. People also need to remember we are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic and governments across the globe have introduced new rules to protect their citizens from risk wherever possible and since he was shown to have already ignored public health advice by not isolating whilst infected it kind of shows that he thinks the rules dont apply to him so its feasible to think that he would do so again hence he could be a risk to public health and the the citizens of Australia which is probably why the judge made the decision he has.

Im sure when Hawke faces a fellow Aus then the crowd loyalty may swing .... crowds can be fickle like that

in Lancashire

"Country applying its own rules to not let someone in is nothing new, we have done so on umpteen occasions for many reasons..

Just a guess but I suspect not many who regularly trot out the tyranny, people being treated similar to what the Nazis did etc clichés have actually lived under such a regime?

If you want tyranny, look at how refugees are treated in Australia. Djokovic got the lightest possible version of that and yet people scream like whiny little babies."

I think a lot of people are ignoring why a person who has travelled several times to Australia and knows the rules, has paid staff who advise and look after the admin etc got it so wrong..?

Looks less like an error and more like this is my stance on this issue and I'm going to try and do what I want..

Manchester (she/her)

If you want tyranny, look at how refugees are treated in Australia. Djokovic got the lightest possible version of that and yet people scream like whiny little babies.

I think a lot of people are ignoring why a person who has travelled several times to Australia and knows the rules, has paid staff who advise and look after the admin etc got it so wrong..?

Looks less like an error and more like this is my stance on this issue and I'm going to try and do what I want..

"

Whatever it is, he's had the federal court on tap at the weekend (in January, when courts in Australia typically slow down to almost nothing), immediate access to a good legal team, etc. Something that none of the others in that hotel - or on Nauru, which is much much worse - could even dream of.

No one has ever known his suffering

Manchester (she/her)

I look forward to seeing all of his supporters showing how much they care about freedom by joining us in the fight against Australia's brutal treatment of refugees. The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre in Melbourne is an excellent starting point.

You're most welcome