FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Have you had Covid?

Have you had Covid?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We both currently have covid and thought it would be good to see in real life who has had it and how did they feel.

To start it.

Wife has no real symptoms but tested positive.

I feel like I have a dry, raspy cold but do not feel too bad.

Both triple jabbed and wear masks.

No idea how or where we caught it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Nope never had it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes had it last Christmas before all the jabs, it was shit I lost my dad and nearly my mum 12 months on and jabs are helping

Had it twice.

Both times pretty mild and continued working from home.

First time December 2020.

Bach ache, fever, lost taste and smell. Very tired.

Taste and smell issues continued and haven't really come back properly.

Last time beginning of January. It was really just a cold.

Each time testeed positive by pcr.

Yes I had it last year. I was double vaccinated at the time and caught it from a careless, non vaccinated friend (yes I’m bitter, ha ha)

I was just under the weather for the first week, with a bit of a cough and a temperature. But day 7-14 I was really poorly. Couldn’t get temp or cough under control. Struggled for breath. Ambulance took me to hospital on day 10 but after tests and X-rays they sent me home and said I should be better in 2 days and I was. Took months to fully recover.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Yes I had it last year we had am outbreak in work so that's how I got it.

I was very sick for a week,coughing and really bad pains in my back, completely exhausted as well,and very breathless.

Yep had it in summer just after Euros , know exactly where i caught it as there was a number of cases from same venue at same time.

I was double jabbed.

It wasnt too bad at time just like a mild case of flu , only thing i found differnt was that i felt exhausted very easily for ages and took me about 6 mths to get my energy levels back to normal.

Mr W&W

Yes I had it 2 weeks ago

Started with a sore throat then sniffles, just like a normal head cold,any other time I would have gone to work !!!!

Yes 3 weeks ago

Very minor cold symptoms - sore throat for a couple of days, headache for a day

Worked from home

Triple jabbed and rarely wear masks

Pretty sure I got it at the pub.

By *ixey and CopperCouple  over a year ago

exeter

Yep during Christmas, we both had it,

Mr, no symptoms, triple jabbed

Mrs like a bad cold, double jabbed

Both felt really low on energy, light headed etc since.

Brother inlaw had it same time, ended up in hospital, unvaccinated

By *layPrincessDaddyBearCouple  over a year ago

Bracknell

I had it over Christmas, back ache head ache muscle soreness over with in about 4 days I’m fine now. Hope you feel better soon xx

"Yes I had it last year. I was double vaccinated at the time and caught it from a careless, non vaccinated friend (yes I’m bitter, ha ha)

I was just under the weather for the first week, with a bit of a cough and a temperature. But day 7-14 I was really poorly. Couldn’t get temp or cough under control. Struggled for breath. Ambulance took me to hospital on day 10 but after tests and X-rays they sent me home and said I should be better in 2 days and I was. Took months to fully recover. "

Hope your friend apologised

No, never had it. Bronchitis was bad enough and that messed up my asthma

Hubster had it October 2020.

We think he also had it in April 2020 but there was no testing at that time but he said he felt exactly the same.

Very tired for about 3 days, literally slept most of the time.

Lost his taste and smell October 2020 and smell still isn't the same.

I haven't had it.

We are antibody tested every 4 weeks as part of an ONS survey and I have no antibodies

Had it before the vaccines were available. Was pretty ill but never needed to go to hospital.

Still have a few lingering issues over a year later but nothing too debilitating.

Only a matter of time before I have it again as my wife's a teacher. Hoping it will be milder next time round...

Got it now felt like a cold for a week then suddenly lost sense of taste and smell tested and was positive worse bit I only started new job on the Monday sick on Wednesday!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We're pretty sure we had it in early 2020 before it was recognised as being in the U.K.

By *lofeldMan  over a year ago

Redhill

Yes I had it over Christmas and beyond. Had severe lethargy for probably 10 days, a throat that felt like someone was kicking sand into it and a constant low hum headache. But I tested negative last week and now feel fine.

It was so bad for a while that I couldn't even be bothered to tamper with myself, a beguiling and troubling turn of events!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Had it around the time Delta was running wild. Felt bad for a couple of days and lost smell and taste. Smell not come back fully.

Currently have it

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

Yep, a year ago. Was a bit off colour, some joint aches, tired and reduced appetite. I had the obligatory isolation phase and an extra week of because I got paid and my boss was fine with that.

I was mostly bored.

By *aliceWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Not to my knowledge

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Not a sniff here

No ..not as I know off anyway

By *implynaughty1Couple  over a year ago

stockport

Yes we got it just after new year so we had extra 8 days of work x

By *imandher123456Couple  over a year ago

gosport

[Removed by poster at 17/01/22 11:27:16]

By *imandher123456Couple  over a year ago

gosport

Had it in November

Completely wiped out for 5 days with no energy and not able to concentrate , achy joints and headaches and a really foggy mind.

Took a good ten days to get over it .

Still have no taste or sense of smell at all , and struggle with concentration .

Was double jabbed when got it

By *ustfun 1984Man  over a year ago

exeter

On last day of isolation lucky for me no symptoms daughter now tested positive 2 days in bit rough hopefully doesn't get much worse

Almost certainly had it in January 2020, but that was before tests were available. Couple of days of really bad fever, headache. I’d never before in my life had to spend 3 days in bed.

Had it again in July 2021, no where near as bad but coughed for about 6 weeks and completely lost taste and smell for a couple of weeks, and while it gradually came back over a period of about a month, things like red wine and coffee tasted like rotten veg for a few weeks.

Had it just before Christmas, pretty bad tbh, still getting rid of it today.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I had it just after Christmas. Tripled jabbed.

Slight headache the first day, no temperature, really uncomfortable feeling all over my body, then the cough and cold symptoms came on; which I still have.

Exhausted all the time and struggled to get up off the sofa, because of muscle pain.

Good news was my arthritis and fibromyalgia pain was much less.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"I had it just after Christmas. Tripled jabbed.

Slight headache the first day, no temperature, really uncomfortable feeling all over my body, then the cough and cold symptoms came on; which I still have.

Exhausted all the time and struggled to get up off the sofa, because of muscle pain.

Good news was my arthritis and fibromyalgia pain was much less."

Totally lost my sense of smell and taste, and felt sick.

Just getting my taste and smell back.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

I think I’ve had it 3 times (and long covid).

TF I’m feeling better at long last.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Damn sure Mr4 had it in november 2020 before tests and it was a thing was really ill with it and a friend who's a nurse her chap had it at the same time plus 4 of our neighbors had it all the same symptons and our friend noticed a rise in cases like her chaps and mr4/neighbors up the hospital she works in

Yes I had it back in November. Was really shit but luckily not so serious for hospital. Caught it at a restaurant as there were several of us who tested positive after visiting there the same day.

"Yes I had it last year. I was double vaccinated at the time and caught it from a careless, non vaccinated friend (yes I’m bitter, ha ha)

I was just under the weather for the first week, with a bit of a cough and a temperature. But day 7-14 I was really poorly. Couldn’t get temp or cough under control. Struggled for breath. Ambulance took me to hospital on day 10 but after tests and X-rays they sent me home and said I should be better in 2 days and I was. Took months to fully recover. "

but you can still catch it from a fully vaxed person too so why complain

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"We're pretty sure we had it in early 2020 before it was recognised as being in the U.K. "

Yeah me too. Also had the omicron version just before Christmas. Got completely different symptoms this time. Constant banging headache, dizziness/aching/weak. A month on and my energy levels still aren’t up properly. I also still get regular headaches.

By * AND R 777Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

Got it now, been so ill last week glad I have had all 3 jabs, could have been so much worse,

"Got it now, been so ill last week glad I have had all 3 jabs, could have been so much worse, "

How can u know how it would be without vaccine??

Tested positive this morning. Slight fever and my chest is killing me. I'm triple jabbed but also 'vulnerable' as I have MS. Fun times

Last christmas and the Christmas before.

If it wasn’t COVID I would have still gone to work. I seemed to ride out in a couple of days.

Teesside

"Got it now, been so ill last week glad I have had all 3 jabs, could have been so much worse,

How can u know how it would be without vaccine??"

Well iv not been to hospital or dead lol

"Got it now, been so ill last week glad I have had all 3 jabs, could have been so much worse,

Well iv not been to hospital or dead lol "

Absolutely no-one can say how ill they MAY have been without a vacinne. There are 10's of thousand of people who have tested positive for Covid, both vacinnated and unvaccinated, who are asymptomatic and have only found out they had the virus because they had to test for work or college or for a Covid passport.

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

I had it the week before lockdown in March 2020. I had collected the kids from school in the afternoon and felt fine. Then about 9 pm that night I was beginning with a temp. By 11 pm I was coughing,(a proper chesty, barking cough).

I knew as soon as I coughed that it wasn't seasonal flu. As an asthmatic I tested my peak flow in the morning which had dropped from 360 down to 270. I couldn't even string 2 words together to speak without being breathless. Spent the whole week in bed on steroids.

In the June that year I had a blood test which confirmed the SARS COV19 antibodies positive.

I am double jabbed, boostered, flu jabbed yearly, pneumonia jabbed. Never caught Covid again, I've had serious chest infections twice at the latter end of last year. And I continue to nurse COVID patients.

Never worn a mask outside of work and have just got my asthma back under control, but still get SOB on exertion, 2 years on from contracting it. xxxxx Suzi

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Had it early in 2021. Fairly mild symptoms like a cold.

Also had it over xmas, similar again symptoms wise, cough was a bit worse this time but after getting back in the gym It has also tanked my fitness massively.

Teesside

Absolutely no-one can say how ill they MAY have been without a vacinne. There are 10's of thousand of people who have tested positive for Covid, both vacinnated and unvaccinated, who are asymptomatic and have only found out they had the virus because they had to test for work or college or for a Covid passport."

1.i know how ill I have been you dont

2 I know my underlying illness you don't

I believe with the information I have been give things could have been a lot worse for me, but I gess you know better than me and the doctors I have seen

Absolutely no-one can say how ill they MAY have been without a vacinne. There are 10's of thousand of people who have tested positive for Covid, both vacinnated and unvaccinated, who are asymptomatic and have only found out they had the virus because they had to test for work or college or for a Covid passport.

I believe with the information I have been give things could have been a lot worse for me, but I gess you know better than me and the doctors I have seen "

Regardless, neither you or any doctor can say 100% that you would have been more poorly if you had not had your vacinne!

You have your opinion and I have mine.

Certainly didn't stop you calling people who made the decision not to have the vacinne "stupid" despite not knowing their reasons for making that decision!

Had it over Christmas. Felt like a really bad cold. Temp for the first 24 hours then after that just felt crappy. The brain fog and the temp was the worst bit.

By *ayjay218Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Absolutely no-one can say how ill they MAY have been without a vacinne. There are 10's of thousand of people who have tested positive for Covid, both vacinnated and unvaccinated, who are asymptomatic and have only found out they had the virus because they had to test for work or college or for a Covid passport."

I agree no individual can say that but overall figures seem to suggest that that has been the case with symptoms being far less severe. But individually no I don’t think it can

Teesside

I believe with the information I have been give things could have been a lot worse for me, but I gess you know better than me and the doctors I have seen

Regardless, neither you or any doctor can say 100% that you would have been more poorly if you had not had your vacinne!

Certainly didn't stop you calling people who made the decision not to have the vacinne "stupid" despite not knowing their reasons for making that decision!"

Well like you say you have your opinion and I have mine

I was just under the weather for the first week, with a bit of a cough and a temperature. But day 7-14 I was really poorly. Couldn’t get temp or cough under control. Struggled for breath. Ambulance took me to hospital on day 10 but after tests and X-rays they sent me home and said I should be better in 2 days and I was. Took months to fully recover.

Hope your friend apologised"

Nope, we’re not friends anymore. She’s ridiculous.

Certainly didn't stop you calling people who made the decision not to have the vacinne "stupid" despite not knowing their reasons for making that decision!

Well like you say you have your opinion and I have mine "

So you can have an opinion without knowing the facts but you don't like it when someone else does

Teesside

Hope your friend apologised

Nope, we’re not friends anymore. She’s ridiculous. "

Glad you are on the mend,

Teesside

So you can have an opinion without knowing the facts but you don't like it when someone else does "

Don't think I seid that l, you have yours and I have mine, you are the one going on about it

Yes 3 possibly 4 flipping times! The first time I felt a little rough and lost my taste and smell for 4 days but too bad at all.

The next 2 times no symptoms whatsoever and only knew because of LFT tests.

The last time tested positive on LFT no symptoms but negative on PCR, so not sure if I had it or not.

All 4 times my partner tested negative and had no symptoms at all.

I was just under the weather for the first week, with a bit of a cough and a temperature. But day 7-14 I was really poorly. Couldn’t get temp or cough under control. Struggled for breath. Ambulance took me to hospital on day 10 but after tests and X-rays they sent me home and said I should be better in 2 days and I was. Took months to fully recover. but you can still catch it from a fully vaxed person too so why complain"

But I didn’t, I caught it from an unvaccinated person who had been super careless, refused to wear a mask, wouldn’t keep her distance and was generally a massive dick about it.

I can complain about anything I like too

So you can have an opinion without knowing the facts but you don't like it when someone else does

Don't think I seid that l, you have yours and I have mine, you are the one going on about it "

Ah you definitely did!

And not "going on" about anything just stating facts.

If you don't like been called out then you should think about what you're posting before doing so.

Anyway this "stupid" unvaccinated person will leave it at that

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've not knowingly had it. I'm triple jabbed and have largely withdrawn from much contact with others, plus wear masks for mum of the day.

Been out of the UK for a couple of months, somewhere that has much lower infection levels and am staying away.

I've been fortunate, with all tests negative.

Central

[Removed by poster at 17/01/22 15:46:01]

Central

[Removed by poster at 17/01/22 15:46:07]

Nov 2021 - positive

Have endured worse hangovers. Not vaccinated, worked the pandemic seeing COVID patients throughout. Vaccine is not appropriate for everyone. Trust your immune system to do its job, unless you have risk factors. No evidence to suggest unvaccinated are more likely to spread the virus as the viral load is the same.

Make a decision that is right for you and let others make theirs and just be nice to each other. No need for a divide. It's like Brexit again.

Your body, your choice

Teesside

Don't think I seid that l, you have yours and I have mine, you are the one going on about it

Ah you definitely did!

If you don't like been called out then you should think about what you're posting before doing so.

Anyway this "stupid" unvaccinated person will leave it at that "

Where did I say you couldn't have an opinion, I agreed with you to have yours and I will have mine, you have not got any facts right or wrong as you haven't seid any

By *nlyfun3Woman  over a year ago

NEAR Berkhamsted,Herts

Yes this time last year before vaccinations. Was very unwell and never quite got over it

"We're pretty sure we had it in early 2020 before it was recognised as being in the U.K. "

Me too. I was in Newcastle with my younger brothers visiting family - I was the only driver and I could barely breath for coughing. Had to set off home earlier because otherwise I'd of been too ill to drive. That was a very stressful 2.5hr drive home

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

I havnt had covid but certainly caught something over Christmas. Had 3 pcr tests.. All negative

Whatever it was I was bed bound for over 10 days

Yes Jan 2020

Mrs x

"I havnt had covid but certainly caught something over Christmas. Had 3 pcr tests.. All negative

Whatever it was I was bed bound for over 10 days"

Hope you're feeling better.

Missed you at the social

By *egin551Couple  over a year ago

south west !

I'm currently on day 9, got a secondary chest infection.

Hope to be out Tomorrow

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"I havnt had covid but certainly caught something over Christmas. Had 3 pcr tests.. All negative

Missed you at the social "

thank you guys xxx see you at the next one

Missed you at the social thank you guys xxx see you at the next one "

Hopefully x

By *ickedgames88Couple  over a year ago

stoke

Both have it now. On day 6, lfts still positive!

We both started with bad cold symptoms, then sore throats body aches/muscle pain. S had bad cough, temp and chills/sweats at night. I’ve had the worse back ache ever ! Apart from fatigue, feeling much better.

By *isces WomanWoman  over a year ago

West London

Didn't know I had it when hospitalised due to a fall caused by a large brain cyst. Had to stay on a COVID ward unsympomatic for 2 weeks before surgery.

What a feckin ride Oct. 2021 turned out to be.

Unvaccinated and never will be, but don't mind if you are. Pro choice.

By *inxnmasterCouple  over a year ago

naughty valley

We had it and November , caught on purpose . She caught it from her sister , I snuggled up to get it from her . It wasn’t a walk in the park with a week of fever and another week of hard cough, but it wasn’t life threatening either . like a serious flu . We cured it with paracetamol , camomile steam inhalation for the respiratory tract , extra dose vitamins and lots of sleep. The reward was the recovery certificate buying us time against prophylactic genetically therapy with experimental drugs as Ireland has Pfizer only .

By *hic EventsWoman  over a year ago

Cambridge

Never heard of it? Is it new?

Had it over Xmas a few rough days still tired & triple vaccinated.

Friend nor Vaccinated spent 10 days in ICU at the beginning of December and was brought back in to Hospital on Friday last.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Nope

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

I have it now. Thought it was a cold to start with, and indeed a first LF test was negative. Become more feverish (flu-like), and tested again, this time positive. Sore muscles, joints and eyes. A headache and sore throat but no runny nose nor sneezing. As I move into recovery, it is clearly not a cold nor flu with a different 'feel'. I'm heartily glad I was triple vaxxed, wouldn't have wanted to face this virus unprotected. I'd also been taking Vit. D supplements.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Yes, I had it over Christmas quite mildly.

Bad cough, only just gone. Mental temperature fluctuations. Headaches on and off. Loss of smell and taste for a couple of days, some things still taste odd, for example toothpaste doesn't taste that minty anymore. Lost my appetite. Fatigue.

Unvaccinated by choice.

I’m double jabed, got covid about 3 months ago only reason I found out I had it was I was sick on the way to work one morning lol, from there I lost my smell and had a cough for a few days but that was it lol

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

I have caught two variants of covid the alpha and delta and i have not taken the opportunity of the covid vaccine.

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

Had it Jan 21 started with a simple sore throat, no cough.

Got worse and worse and couple weeks in I was on antibiotics and steroids. Week later and I was on stronger antibiotics & steroids and a hot mess. Was given xrays at local urgent care and could see pneumonia patches on my lungs. Didn't get admitted into hospital as I was in America and too costly tbh!

3 and a half weeks in I felt much better but had some long covid symptoms for months, mostly a pain in my side and feeling tired far more than I should.

I will just say I am asthmatic and have since had every vaccination I've been offered!

Not that I know of.

Had it twice now. Survived it both times resting at home.

The Vaccine only reduces the risk of getting it.

You may have a milder form of the illness if vaccinated compared to not.

Yes it makes you feel rough but personally i was over the worst of it after 3 days. Also I’m an asthmatic.

Never had any symptoms after either of my vaccines.

Felt perfectly fine.

My partner was knocked about for weeks after getting covid on both occasions with his energy levels and his breathing.

He has also had both vaccines and suffered badly after each.

We had the same vaccine type.

It just effects everyone very differently...

Yes

Hospital

Breathing tube

No taste

No smell since 2020

To all those with their own opinions on COVID....all I'm going to say is, I would swap jobs with you any day, nursing Covid patients, even undiagnosed Covid patients for the last 2 years and continuing to nurse them is very, very, exhausting, and upsetting. I would really love to see how some people cope with the stress of a busy Ed dept and on top of that covid patients too. I am quite literally exhausted, tired and fed up of covid now

By *erlins5Man  over a year ago

South Fife

Not as far as I know.

Teesside

"To all those with their own opinions on COVID....all I'm going to say is, I would swap jobs with you any day, nursing Covid patients, even undiagnosed Covid patients for the last 2 years and continuing to nurse them is very, very, exhausting, and upsetting. I would really love to see how some people cope with the stress of a busy Ed dept and on top of that covid patients too. I am quite literally exhausted, tired and fed up of covid now "

Thanks you for your hard work, don't know were the uk would be without people like you going the extra mile to help us all

By *ornynorfolkguyMan  over a year ago

North Norfolk

Not knowingly had it. Tested myself twice a week regularly also.

By *he FAB Social - MCRCouple (FF)  over a year ago

manchester

"I had it the week before lockdown in March 2020. I had collected the kids from school in the afternoon and felt fine. Then about 9 pm that night I was beginning with a temp. By 11 pm I was coughing,(a proper chesty, barking cough).

I knew as soon as I coughed that it wasn't seasonal flu. As an asthmatic I tested my peak flow in the morning which had dropped from 360 down to 270. I couldn't even string 2 words together to speak without being breathless. Spent the whole week in bed on steroids.

In the June that year I had a blood test which confirmed the SARS COV19 antibodies positive.

I am double jabbed, boostered, flu jabbed yearly, pneumonia jabbed. Never caught Covid again, I've had serious chest infections twice at the latter end of last year. And I continue to nurse COVID patients.

Never worn a mask outside of work and have just got my asthma back under control, but still get SOB on exertion, 2 years on from contracting it. xxxxx Suzi"

Similar to me.. the week before March 2020 lockdown I caught what I thought was seasonal flu. Got poorly quite quickly over a matter of hours. Started with the cough then the breathlessness and I did end up in hospital via ambo on 24hr monitoring.

Got myself home but was not well, took about 5 months to get my energy levels back up after.

I’ve since worked on COVID wards, EAU and other similar environments and thankfully not caught it again! Even my ex stayed with me when he had it last spring, coughing everywhere etc and I didn’t pick it up again.

Only double jabbed here at moment.

There’s a huge difference in those who caught it early on and those with antibodies now

Pixie

By *lwaysup4it69Couple  over a year ago

Kirkby in Ashfield

Both had it last January pre vaccinations. Janine was in bed for about 5 days with it felt shit. Sean was hospitalised with covid pneumonia never been so scared in my life getting in the ambulance, not knowing if I would come home

By *itmanandherCouple  over a year ago

stanley co durham

Had it last week tested positive up untill the 8th day . Triple jabbed and had no symptoms other than a head ache . Normally I’m floored when I get a cold . Think I’m coming round to getting the flue jab if it helps

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

Mr had it twice. Flu like symptoms 1st time in early 2020. No symptoms Jan 2021.

Mrs never had it

Teesside

"Had it last week tested positive up untill the 8th day . Triple jabbed and had no symptoms other than a head ache . Normally I’m floored when I get a cold . Think I’m coming round to getting the flue jab if it helps "

Iv been as bad as a dog, but had a clear test today for the first time

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Yes i I had in July last year...not vaccinated, didn't being careful much tbh and travel a lot last year, not sure where I got but it was nothing more than any hungover i had, only difference this hangover last few days

By *bzboy66Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Tested positive yesterday. One or two sniffels but that's it......oh, sore back, ache in the kidneys, leg's about to fall off....but those ones are all in my mind...

Have it it twice, oct 2020 and just 2 weeks ago, felt worse the 1st time

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Yes. I had it over Christmas. Started off with swollen glands, dry throat and a cough. Felt awful. Slept a lot. I had the same symptoms two years ago before they started talking about covid. My daughter had it then as well.

I’m double jabbed. She isn’t vaccinated.and she never caught it.

Filthy Fuckeryville

"Had it Jan 21 started with a simple sore throat, no cough.

Got worse and worse and couple weeks in I was on antibiotics and steroids. Week later and I was on stronger antibiotics & steroids and a hot mess. Was given xrays at local urgent care and could see pneumonia patches on my lungs. Didn't get admitted into hospital as I was in America and too costly tbh!

3 and a half weeks in I felt much better but had some long covid symptoms for months, mostly a pain in my side and feeling tired far more than I should.

I will just say I am asthmatic and have since had every vaccination I've been offered! "

I will also add to my previous post (quoted) that the person I caught it off wasn't as ill and still has virtually no sense of taste or smell to this day

I've never caught it, touch wood. I'm triple jabbed and did have a scratchy throat after Xmas, when I got home from my parents so got a PCR done, which was negative. All my LFT's have been negative too x

By *rMrsRichCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouh

"Never heard of it? Is it new?"

By *e CapCouple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Both of us had it in July, Delta variant I guess. My girlfriend felt a bit poorly for about 5 days, a bit of headache, temperature and sleepy. I didn’t have any symptoms and even the LFTs were negative. I took two PCR and an antibody test to be sure and they all came back positive. The kid didn’t get it even though was hugging and kissing mommy all day.

Had it early 2020… went on from cough to chest infection treated for weeks .. then went down hill fast ended up in a&e stage fluid on lungs .. stage 4 heart failure

Ah you definitely did!

Anyway this "stupid" unvaccinated person will leave it at that "

Funny, all my vaccinated colleagues at work passed it around the office and everyone is off with Covid except me the unvaccinated one.

Just before Christmas I was given Covid by a boosted squash partner. I stayed home had mild symptoms and did not pass it on to. Anyone else.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Yes. Had it this time last year with no symptoms at all. Only got picked up as we had a regular testing programme at work (still do, with mandatory daily testing coming in soon).

I'm grateful that it was picked up as I know a few extremely clinically vulnerable people and was able to Isolate from them.

"I had it the week before lockdown in March 2020. I had collected the kids from school in the afternoon and felt fine. Then about 9 pm that night I was beginning with a temp. By 11 pm I was coughing,(a proper chesty, barking cough).

Never worn a mask outside of work and have just got my asthma back under control, but still get SOB on exertion, 2 years on from contracting it. xxxxx Suzi

Similar to me.. the week before March 2020 lockdown I caught what I thought was seasonal flu. Got poorly quite quickly over a matter of hours. Started with the cough then the breathlessness and I did end up in hospital via ambo on 24hr monitoring.

Got myself home but was not well, took about 5 months to get my energy levels back up after.

I’ve since worked on COVID wards, EAU and other similar environments and thankfully not caught it again! Even my ex stayed with me when he had it last spring, coughing everywhere etc and I didn’t pick it up again.

Only double jabbed here at moment.

There’s a huge difference in those who caught it early on and those with antibodies now

Pixie "

I think so too Pixie, and I'm sure like us, you are also thinking what the hell is really going on. We at work have so many unanswered questions, you probably know where I am coming from here, being like myself on the front line, it's a whole different perspective on the situation xxxxx Suzi

Had it twice , first time back in fed 2020 . Gave me a realy bad cough , would cough so much could not get my breath and passout for a cpl of seconds. Was of work for 3 month but did not realy get over it and it scard my lungs.got it a second time in feb 2021 before i could get jabed was in hospital for 2 months and of work for 7 months . On the c pack mask in hospital and dont remember much of that , then on lots of other one's as i started to get better and drips in my arms . Not a good time . Im jabbed and boosted now and making a slow recovery .

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

Yes over Christmas. Luckily no worse than mild flu for me and a 4day Headache. Had all three jabs.

I’ve got it now, caught in a club but that’s life, we are all going to get it one way or another and that’s the outlook I’ve had for a longtime, surprised I’ve not had it before.

Symptoms - a cough and that is it - I had a runny nose / sneezing for about 1 day but every now and then I have a cough - health wise I don’t feel ill at all, no headache, no fever, no aches etc… triple jabbed.

Confirmed with lft’s and pcr - I’m on day 7 and still testing positive, carrying on as normal - working from home, shopping delivered etc… just not allowed out and that’s the bit I’m struggling with.

Teesside

"Had it early 2020… went on from cough to chest infection treated for weeks .. then went down hill fast ended up in a&e stage fluid on lungs .. stage 4 heart failure "

Glad you are OK now,

Considering the list of symptoms I would have to say it’s not possible to truly know. Only mild cold like symptoms I’ve had in the last however many years was after spending time around vaccinated family members.

By *namCarasCouple  over a year ago

dundee

just had it

absolutely no symptoms but was positive for 10 days

then 2 clear negatives within 24 hours

no coughts, headaches, pains absolutely nothing

double jabbed , booster and flue jabbed

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"just had it

absolutely no symptoms but was positive for 10 days

then 2 clear negatives within 24 hours

no coughts, headaches, pains absolutely nothing

double jabbed , booster and flue jabbed"

So strange isnt it. How did you find out you were positive. Random lat flow test??

Very early on.

Never felt so bad, constantly back and forth to hospital. IVs, nebulisers and oxygen.

It took months before I stopped feeling constant pleurisy type pains (but still continuing to get periodically). I now have to use a wheelchair.

waiting for the long covid referral due to continued breathing problems. Hoping it will help and I can at least get to a place where I am able to walk short distances.

By *irestorm 500Couple  over a year ago

coventry

Triple vaccinated and got it 12 days ago, felt worse before having positive test, headache sore throat and sniffles.

Only thing was tested positive for the full 10 days but now out of isolation..

Daughter now has it she is unvaccinated by her choice but at the moment she is like I was so fingers crossed it stays that way

X Storm X

Both had it twice, just like a cold.

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

"Tested positive this morning. Slight fever and my chest is killing me. I'm triple jabbed but also 'vulnerable' as I have MS. Fun times "

Have you contacted your GP or consultant. There is antiviral treatment in tablet form, that you can take, but you need to start treatment very quickly. It's a new scheme for people with certain conditions and MS meets the criteria

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Yes I've had it, triple jabbed and flu jabbed. A very mild cold. No idea where I caught it from, I don't know how people can know where they caught it from.

By *ysyphusMan  over a year ago

Starbase K-7

Twice.May 2019, bad, Last week, mild(er).

Nope

By *ranimallxl5Man  over a year ago

Winchester

Yes last October

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

My teenage son caught it off my double jabbed sister who brought it up to Scotland from London at xmas. She had tested negative on lft before arriving at our elderly parents house. My elderly father also got it despite being triple jabbed.

I had sore throat, headache and the chills for two days, felt better then started getting stomach cramps a few days later. After that it was just some lightheaded ness and once my 10 days were up i seem to start coughing after eating. I was honestly worse when i got that horrible cold going around last summer. Im unvaccinated btw.

My hubby tested positive about a week after me, similar symptoms. He'd only had one jab.

My son had the sore throat, headache and a fever for two days. Recovered pretty quickly but still has a wee cough im keeping an eye on. He has no reserve lung function so I had been more concerned about him but thankfully he's been ok. Bound to have had it a few times already through school Im sure but he's impossible to test.

By *ndiscloseddesiresWoman  over a year ago

Wokingham

I had a decent case of it Christmas 2020.

The thing I remember most at the start was the horrible headache, it felt like someone was stabbing me in the head.

I was coughing a lot, finding it hard to breathe. A week after my first symptoms I was admitted to hospital, as my O2 sat levels were low, where I stayed for 12 days.

I was not vaccinated as the programme had just started being rolled out then. I was not vaccinated until March.

3 months after covid my hair started falling out, turns out when you are low on oxygen your folic acid levels drop and if too low you loose hair. I used to have hair down to my lower back, not quite my bottom. We had to cut a lot off as I lost so much hair (maybe 50%) it was terrible at the end. Ended up on high dose folic acid tables for 3 months

Covid hammered my immune system as a result I caught everything, I was on penicillin or antibiotics 6 times last year.

Things seem to be going well now though. Fingers crossed the body is back to normal now. However I also appreciate that there are people with Long-covid that have had it way worse than me, overall I got away with it lightly.

Filthy Fuckeryville

"Yes I've had it, triple jabbed and flu jabbed. A very mild cold. No idea where I caught it from, I don't know how people can know where they caught it from."

I know as I hadn't left the house in over a week and then isolated when the person I was living with tested positive.... I then started with symptoms roughly a week later.

I think people assume mostly where they caught it. If someone they know has it and they have spent time in their company then its pretty likely to be fair

Not had it, unvaxed. Got a few mate that have had it. Double jabbed, hospitalised. But survived.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I've not had it. Most of my work colleagues have had it once or twice. All double jabbed, some triple. I've been contact traced to several patients I saw in clinic that got it and I've always tested negative. Either I'm very lucky or prophylactic measures are working very well

By *ripodius WillyusMan  over a year ago

Colne

"Yes I had it 2 weeks ago

Started with a sore throat then sniffles, just like a normal head cold,any other time I would have gone to work !!!!

"

Maybe but then if you had you would have infected others as covid virus as we all know is more than just a cold for lots.

Thankfully you did wait full isolation period.

» Add a new message to this topic