FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > What's an anachronism

What's an anachronism

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *I Two OP   Couple  over a year ago

all around

Over the last few weeks there has been a lot of positive news regarding the state of the pandemic yet people seem to be afraid to move on.

Shouldn't we embrace the future and remember and respect the past now ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The new sound bite is 'Living with covid'' I see it is being taken up slowly and due to recent events there is no longer a spokesman for restrictions that the masses would listen to well me anyway, so I agree that we should look to the future, I always remember the past as it can repeat itself. but im happy to move on.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

‘Living with Covid’ has two different meanings.

For sensible people, it means mitigating the risk as much as possible - regulation where required to cover vaccination, mask wearing, social distancing, etc.

For the others (including the government) it means no more rules, pretend Covid doesn’t exist and bad luck if you don’t survive.

By *andK78Couple  over a year ago

Newport

Posts in this section that is positive or goes against the fear factor Admin removes.

I've spotted three today.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The future is an unknown country. The present, we all make our own risk assessments, as we're all entitled to do.

I hurt absolutely no one by keeping my butt at home. If people want to paint that as fear, that's up to them.

" Posts in this section that is positive or goes against the fear factor Admin removes.

I've spotted three today."

ditto

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

I was saying this two weeks ago lol.

I really do think that by mid-summer we will all find that we haven't mentioned or heard the word COVID across a wide number of days at a time.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

" Posts in this section that is positive or goes against the fear factor Admin removes.

ditto"

I think you will find that the admins are actually doing what they are required to do as a responsible website to stop the spread of misinformation regarding the pandemic, I havent seen any positive posts removed only posts that are seen as potentially causing a risk to other site users due to misinformation contained in them.

nr spalding

"Over the last few weeks there has been a lot of positive news regarding the state of the pandemic yet people seem to be afraid to move on.

Shouldn't we embrace the future and remember and respect the past now ?"

I think lots of people will remain somewhat hesitant about moving forward for awhile atleast, but yes we will have to continue to live with the virus for some time come as it is unlikely to just vanish unless it suffers from a catastrophic mutation that severely limits its transmission and severity (which would be lovely). Hopefully we can start to move forward and not have restrictions but personally I will still be cautious about doing so as I still have an extremely vulnerable person to keep safe from even "mild" variants of covid as they could easily kill her

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

This is the problem, people " assume" why a thread is removed.

In these cases it had nothing to do with the subject, it was to do with banned users using different profiles to get around bans.

Either way questioning a mods decision on the forum is liable to get people banned too.

nr spalding

This is the problem, people " assume" why a thread is removed.

In these cases it had nothing to do with the subject, it was to do with banned users using different profiles to get around bans.

Either way questioning a mods decision on the forum is liable to get people banned too. "

Step away from the ban hammer just kidding keep up the good work

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Keep disputing mods decisions on the forum and sadly the whip will need to be out (posts removed )

nr spalding

"Keep disputing mods decisions on the forum and sadly the whip will need to be out (posts removed )"
can we have a whip emoji please

"‘Living with Covid’ has two different meanings.

For sensible people, it means mitigating the risk as much as possible - regulation where required to cover vaccination, mask wearing, social distancing, etc.

For the others (including the government) it means no more rules, pretend Covid doesn’t exist and bad luck if you don’t survive."

Regulation where required to cover vaccination?

Why?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Yesterday I saw a post that wasn't there. It wasn't there again today. Wonder what made it go away

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

For the others (including the government) it means no more rules, pretend Covid doesn’t exist and bad luck if you don’t survive.

Why?"

Where would we be without vaccine regulations?

Bristol

Why?"

To protect the level of available workforce, ie NHS workers, to pick one example. Or to ‘encourage’ vaccine take up in general populace (which means workforce) with levers such as vaccine proof for entry to events, as we’ve already seen.

I prefer working from home and avoiding my colleagues.

nr spalding

"I prefer working from home and avoiding my colleagues. "

It can certainly be quite a bonus at times.

all around

It's likely vaccination will be very limited like tbe current flu vaccine going forward.

Whether it's added to the list of compulsory vaccination for NHS staff and the frequency remains to be seen.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's natural that we continue to change our approach to the virus, as we generally do for the rest of the things in our lives. Greater evidence, understanding of it, medical progress etc, aside from virus changes, will undoubtedly leave us in a more solid place

nr spalding

"It's likely vaccination will be very limited like tbe current flu vaccine going forward.

Whether it's added to the list of compulsory vaccination for NHS staff and the frequency remains to be seen.

"

This is what I am thinking and hoping aswell then it will become just another virus that humans have learnt to deal with, hopefully with lessons learnt on how best to react to the emergence of a new virus rather than the somewhat slow response we had this time.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"It's likely vaccination will be very limited like tbe current flu vaccine going forward.

This is what I am thinking and hoping aswell then it will become just another virus that humans have learnt to deal with, hopefully with lessons learnt on how best to react to the emergence of a new virus rather than the somewhat slow response we had this time."

Yes, I hope this too. In a recent thread @Birldn mentioned that people who had SARS2 in the early 2000's seem to be more immune to Covid than others. I was curious about that and looked into it, it turns out that SARS2 vaccine is now part of the annual flu jab. I

I hope that happens to covid 19 too

Why?

To protect the level of available workforce, ie NHS workers, to pick one example. Or to ‘encourage’ vaccine take up in general populace (which means workforce) with levers such as vaccine proof for entry to events, as we’ve already seen."

"Encourage"?! Funny, how it feels a lot more like "coercion"

nr spalding

Why?

To protect the level of available workforce, ie NHS workers, to pick one example. Or to ‘encourage’ vaccine take up in general populace (which means workforce) with levers such as vaccine proof for entry to events, as we’ve already seen.

"Encourage"?! Funny, how it feels a lot more like "coercion" "

Funny how it's only a minority of the worlds population that feel like that

Bristol

Why?

"Encourage"?! Funny, how it feels a lot more like "coercion" "

In the case of vaccine passports it is partially coercion, which is why ‘encourage’ was written as it was, with inverted commas.

Why?

Funny how it's only a minority of the worlds population that feel like that "

So let's go and dissolve any bodily autonomy this minority has, hey?

What'll be next - having to suck the supermarket's manager's cock to buy groceries?! And sure, if he's not around Derek at the counter will bring you to the restrooms for a handjob instead?!

Oh, and if you wanna keep your own job too, so that you get to enjoy Derek from the counter to provide you with your groceries, you gotta attend to your bosses whim - suck him, fuck him, and do the same for his cronies - they'd hate to be left out - bareback obviously

Bristol

It would be hard to claim that making someone suck a supermarket worker’s cock before they can buy groceries was in the interests of public health.

nr spalding

Why?

What'll be next - having to suck the supermarket's manager's cock to buy groceries?! And sure, if he's not around Derek at the counter will bring you to the restrooms for a handjob instead?!

Oh, and if you wanna keep your own job too, so that you get to enjoy Derek from the counter to provide you with your groceries, you gotta attend to your bosses whim - suck him, fuck him, and do the same for his cronies - they'd hate to be left out - bareback obviously "

Oh dear, I do think that's a little over dramatic nobody is taking away your bodily autonomy. One day when this is all over people with that mindset will look aback and hopefully realise just how overly dramatic and ridiculous comments such as yours have been.

If you dont want one of the vaccines dont have it that's fine and your choice, just dont work in a job that requires you to be vaccinated to protect vulnerable people you may come into contact with, or travel to countries that require certain vaccines for entry.

It really is that simple

Why?

Oh, and if you wanna keep your own job too, so that you get to enjoy Derek from the counter to provide you with your groceries, you gotta attend to your bosses whim - suck him, fuck him, and do the same for his cronies - they'd hate to be left out - bareback obviously

Oh dear, I do think that's a little over dramatic nobody is taking away your bodily autonomy. One day when this is all over people with that mindset will look aback and hopefully realise just how overly dramatic and ridiculous comments such as yours have been.

If you dont want one of the vaccines dont have it that's fine and your choice, just dont work in a job that requires you to be vaccinated to protect vulnerable people you may come into contact with, or travel to countries that require certain vaccines for entry.

It really is that simple

"

"Just don't work in a job that requires you to be vaccinated". I'm lucky I don't BUT your comment shows exactly how little you understand what it means to have a g*n put to your head, doesn't it? Take the vax or don't be able to keep a roof on your and your family's heads and food on the table - especially in an economy where other jobs will be difficult to find.

And that is exactly why this is f**king r*pe, coercion, bl*ckm*il. There is absolutely nothing voluntary or with "informed consent" in this instance anymore. And that is in direct violation of the Nuremberg code, amongst being highly unethical, immoral and against your basic human rights!

But you keep on preaching how simple it is

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

Why?

It really is that simple

"Just don't work in a job that requires you to be vaccinated". I'm lucky I don't BUT your comment shows exactly how little you understand what it means to have a g*n put to your head, doesn't it? Take the vax or don't be able to keep a roof on your and your family's heads and food on the table - especially in an economy where other jobs will be difficult to find.

And that is exactly why this is f**king r*pe, coercion, bl*ckm*il. There is absolutely nothing voluntary or with "informed consent" in this instance anymore. And that is in direct violation of the Nuremberg code, amongst being highly unethical, immoral and against your basic human rights!

But you keep on preaching how simple it is "

House!!!!!!!

*waves card

Winston

nr spalding

Why?

It really is that simple

But you keep on preaching how simple it is "

and again this is a massivly unnecessary over reaction to what are for the most part temporary requirements in the interests of public health. You are aware that medical staff that work with vulnerable patients are already required to have a myriad of vaccinations before they can set foot on a ward right? This has been the case for years as it protects the vulnerable people they work with so this is no different, if they refused the vaccines when they were training they wouldn't be on the wards now, they are aware of the requirements when they start their careers and they are aware they may need more vaccinations for new viruses as they evolve.

nr spalding

Why?

It really is that simple

House!!!!!!!

*waves card

Winston"

Bugger *hands Winston the big stuffed teddy*

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Why?

Oh, and if you wanna keep your own job too, so that you get to enjoy Derek from the counter to provide you with your groceries, you gotta attend to your bosses whim - suck him, fuck him, and do the same for his cronies - they'd hate to be left out - bareback obviously "

Have to say, amongst some deranged anti-vax arguments, this is a new level of bizarre.

nr spalding

Why?

Have to say, amongst some deranged anti-vax arguments, this is a new level of bizarre. "

Oh no I've seen this before plenty of times

"To protect the level of available workforce, ie NHS workers, to pick one example. Or to ‘encourage’ vaccine take up in general populace (which means workforce) with levers such as vaccine proof for entry to events, as we’ve already seen.

It really is that simple

and again this is a massivly unnecessary over reaction to what are for the most part temporary requirements in the interests of public health. You are aware that medical staff that work with vulnerable patients are already required to have a myriad of vaccinations before they can set foot on a ward right? This has been the case for years as it protects the vulnerable people they work with so this is no different, if they refused the vaccines when they were training they wouldn't be on the wards now, they are aware of the requirements when they start their careers and they are aware they may need more vaccinations for new viruses as they evolve."

Since when is a vaccination which is injected into your body temporary or the effects it may have, good or bad?!

And I presume you are aware that the "myriad of vaccinations" to date have been entirely different kinds of vaccines, like attenuated, around for years and years, yeah? Not like this one, which uses new technology, still not actually finished the full course of trials... and it's been oh so effective at preventing transmission and infection like what most standard attenuated vaccines do, yeah

And, of course, it's really really clever to subject ALL healthcare staff to a vaccine or any medical treatment, where we have no idea what effects it may show in 5 or even 10 years time

all around

"To protect the level of available workforce, ie NHS workers, to pick one example. Or to ‘encourage’ vaccine take up in general populace (which means workforce) with levers such as vaccine proof for entry to events, as we’ve already seen.

It really is that simple

and again this is a massivly unnecessary over reaction to what are for the most part temporary requirements in the interests of public health. You are aware that medical staff that work with vulnerable patients are already required to have a myriad of vaccinations before they can set foot on a ward right? This has been the case for years as it protects the vulnerable people they work with so this is no different, if they refused the vaccines when they were training they wouldn't be on the wards now, they are aware of the requirements when they start their careers and they are aware they may need more vaccinations for new viruses as they evolve.

Since when is a vaccination which is injected into your body temporary or the effects it may have, good or bad?!

And I presume you are aware that the "myriad of vaccinations" to date have been entirely different kinds of vaccines, like attenuated, around for years and years, yeah? Not like this one, which uses new technology, still not actually finished the full course of trials... and it's been oh so effective at preventing transmission and infection like what most standard attenuated vaccines do, yeah

And, of course, it's really really clever to subject ALL healthcare staff to a vaccine or any medical treatment, where we have no idea what effects it may show in 5 or even 10 years time "

It's not new technology though, it's been around for over 30 years lol

It really is that simple

And, of course, it's really really clever to subject ALL healthcare staff to a vaccine or any medical treatment, where we have no idea what effects it may show in 5 or even 10 years time

It's not new technology though, it's been around for over 30 years lol"

It is the first time it is being used in the form of a vaccine

nr spalding

It really is that simple

And, of course, it's really really clever to subject ALL healthcare staff to a vaccine or any medical treatment, where we have no idea what effects it may show in 5 or even 10 years time "

How far down the rabbit hole have you fallen? The talk of unfinished trials, g*ns to heads ect it's all so much rubbish that has been banded around on various platforms, the only semi new vaccines are those using mRNA which still isn't really new as the technology has been around for years, the only thing that is really new is the virus that the vaccines have been created to help our immune system recognise which is what it does, immune response will still differ from human to human as we are not all identical. And as for timescales and long term effects would you rather we sat on this and waited the 5/10/20 years maybe 50 would be better and just let the virus run riot through the world until you are happy with the data? I am certain the scientific community that have wored on its development are confident of its safety along with the independent safety testing that has been done, all medication is monitored throughout its life time for safety. Science is an ever changing field and people need to realise this otherwise it would never progress, so far the safety of these vaccines has been pretty much the same as any other from what i understand and their effectiveness against the variants that existed when they were created has been fairly good but surprise surprise as new variant of the virus appear through natural mutation the efficiency has changed so the vaccines will need to change with it that's how it works this is still a new virus that we are learning about all the time and the longer it has easy transmission routes it will continue to mutate and change so we have to do what we can to slow it down.

Oh and your comment regarding how is a vaccine that is injected into you temporary shows how little knowledge you have as the vaccine itself is only "in your body" for approximately 48 hours then your natural immune system has disposed of it and learnt how to fight the virus for when the real thing enters your body, what stays is your immune systems memory of what the treat looks like and how to deal with it nothing else.

nr spalding

It really is that simple

It's not new technology though, it's been around for over 30 years lol"

Was it not also being looked at as the basis for the original SARS vaccine that was never needed as the virus burnt itself out?

By *unkym34Man  over a year ago

London

Why?

To protect the level of available workforce, ie NHS workers, to pick one example. Or to ‘encourage’ vaccine take up in general populace (which means workforce) with levers such as vaccine proof for entry to events, as we’ve already seen."

Legislation should not be needed it should be a choice pure and simple. Not having the vaccine itself will not have a impact on the numbers working in the NHS restrictions on movements of those that have tested positive and also removing legislation to remove the unvaccinated from the NHS workforce is what will have a impact on the work force numbers in NHS.

all around

It really is that simple

It's not new technology though, it's been around for over 30 years lol

Was it not also being looked at as the basis for the original SARS vaccine that was never needed as the virus burnt itself out?"

Any virus that kills most of its hosts will "burn itself" out pretty quickly

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"The future is an unknown country. The present, we all make our own risk assessments, as we're all entitled to do.

I hurt absolutely no one by keeping my butt at home. If people want to paint that as fear, that's up to them. "

Yeah, “fear” is thrown at people very quickly by those who are opposed to jabs, restrictions or precautions. I have regularly been mocked and accused of being “afraid” of a common cold when I have posted that I do not wish to share office space with people who are sick (colds, flu, bugs, covid).

I’m not “afraid”, but the fact that I have had zero illnesses for the last 2 years shows me that the level of sickness that I previously accepted as normal was in fact completely unnecessary.

Working from home is now widely understood as being just as effective cut off as being in the office, and is an easy step to take if so done is unwell. Looking back on my previous office history, I was one of the worst offenders ... proud of the fact that I had had no sick days in 20 years, but they meant that I had gone into work many times when sick, and had undoubtedly made other people sick by doing so. I no longer find that acceptable, will not do it myself and refuse the accept it from others

Why?

It really is that simple

and again this is a massivly unnecessary over reaction to what are for the most part temporary requirements in the interests of public health. You are aware that medical staff that work with vulnerable patients are already required to have a myriad of vaccinations before they can set foot on a ward right? This has been the case for years as it protects the vulnerable people they work with so this is no different, if they refused the vaccines when they were training they wouldn't be on the wards now, they are aware of the requirements when they start their careers and they are aware they may need more vaccinations for new viruses as they evolve."

"Living with covid" to me is a soundbite, news speak, I see it as a way of telling me that the PM is no longer viable and has lost moral authority.

So concessions are being made to us the public, restrictions will be ended soon, but masks will be required as a visual representation of abeyance it seems to me.

If the abeyance is high I may well be looking at restrictions to start again at the beginning of winter, or some other form of restriction.

But just looking at the divide to this debate it shows just how affective sound bites really are.

» Add a new message to this topic