FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Has the Gov abandoned the science?

Has the Gov abandoned the science?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have covid at the moment.. after 6 days I am still positive.

Many people around me also have positive tests but it is harder to get kits or report it.

I get the feeling the Gov need the figures to go down so they look good and people go back to work.

Have the Gov abandoned the science?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I have covid at the moment.. after 6 days I am still positive.

Many people around me also have positive tests but it is harder to get kits or report it.

I get the feeling the Gov need the figures to go down so they look good and people go back to work.

Have the Gov abandoned the science?"

No. They're just following the science that suits their own agenda.

They've been consistent in that

Hopefully but it could be seen as scientism especially when there has been no open debates or discussions between those in the field.

Get well soon.

By *oly Fuck Sticks BatmanCouple  over a year ago

here & there

It’s time to treat it the same as flu, it’s something that’s always going to be around now.

No country in the world has been perfect in dealing with the outbreak, all having failures at some point.

Could things have been done better - of course, but that’s the beauty of hindsight!

By *ioloCouple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

No, I believe it’s just now that they started to actually follow the science .

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

It is time to try to live with it but think there should be some sort of task force ready to go in case of a large flare up or ups !! just like that bloke obama had planned and even prepared 2 books or rather game plan books in case of another pandemic ?? and the failings of this Government will never ever be truly revealed either be another hillsborough etc etc etc etc

By *hilMan  over a year ago

HOUGHTON LE SPRING

Timing may have been politically motivated to distract attention away from Boris Johnsons troubles.

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Herd immunity is nearly here going by the numbers of reported positive covid infections over the last 2 years.

The US cdc published a study on Wednesday, it found vaccinated people were 6 times less likely to catch covid than non vaccinated people, it also found that people who have had a previous covid infection were 15 to 29 times less likely to catch the virus.

"Herd immunity is nearly here going by the numbers of reported positive covid infections over the last 2 years. "

No it isn't.

Nor is it likely to be.

"Timing may have been politically motivated to distract attention away from Boris Johnsons troubles."

Exactly this. Best way to make people stop being pissed off about no. 10 parties is to open the country up so people can have their own parties.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

It’s hard to say what you mean by follow the science

If you followed the science on cars we would ban them. They pollute and kill people in accidents

The science isn’t always easy to follow, especially when it comes to dropping restrictions

There’s no scientific level of “safe enough”

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"It’s time to treat it the same as flu, it’s something that’s always going to be around now.

No country in the world has been perfect in dealing with the outbreak, all having failures at some point.

Could things have been done better - of course, but that’s the beauty of hindsight! "

If there was a flu outbreak of this size, it should be treated differently to flu at low infection levels of course . Notwithstanding that flu is predominantly a winter infection, whereas Covid is usually worse in winter but still present in summer, it's obvious that mitigation measures should be in place.

Giving up, at any level of infection is irrational and will hit the population harder than if it's suppressed, before letting it stay within manageable levels. A do nothing approach throws people into the fire, rather than using the fire brigade to take simple steps to save lives instead

By *omerset1976Man  over a year ago

Burnham

Doesn’t really matter what they do… they’ll never please everyone.

Some think we should be in a permanent lockdown, army on the streets stopping food off. Others think we should never have been in lockdown or wearing masks. 2 extreme ends of the scale.

By *ioloCouple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Herd immunity or not I believe that wasn’t another option. The vaccines don’t work as we hoped, medication I didn’t hear anything about it, I guess is astronomically expensive. The nature gave us this escape route, Omicron, extremely infectious and mild… let’s get as many people infected before it changes into some other variant which might not be as friendly. Now it’s been proven that natural immunity is better than vaccines, let’s take advantage before the window may close again.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's interpreting selected bits of the science, in the way that suits it, largely.

It was very important to them to distract from their lack of a moral compass and deceit.

By *ondoner27Man  over a year ago

london

“The science” isn’t one singular view anyway. There are lots of conflicting opinions in science

By *ondoner27Man  over a year ago

london

"“The science” isn’t one singular view anyway. There are lots of conflicting opinions in science

"

But you should never trust your government

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

No. They're just following the science that suits their own agenda.

They've been consistent in that "

This .

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Hopefully the science has been inconsistent backed up with very sensationalized news of Doom and disaster.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"“The science” isn’t one singular view anyway. There are lots of conflicting opinions in science

But you should never trust your government"

I agree on the science but I feel the UK government's can it be trusted maybe not Boris as much or his government.

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Snap

On the covid side. Not ill no symptoms but constant pos lft and 1 pos pcr. Have no problems reporting or ordering through nhs england though . Hope you get it sorted and clear soon .k

By *ldaCouple  over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

‘The science’ is a complete fallacy. There is no such singular thing. Put three scientists in a room, you will get seven different opinions. I agree though, the govt has followed the science that suits its agenda at the time. And that agenda has obviously changed

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

I don’t know but I’m really happy we are nearly back to normal

By *heorgasmaddictMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"It’s time to treat it the same as flu, it’s something that’s always going to be around now.

Could things have been done better - of course, but that’s the beauty of hindsight! "

Nice one! Just out of interest, where did you get your PHD?

By *heorgasmaddictMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I don’t know but I’m really happy we are nearly back to normal "

Yesterday -

96,000 cases

18,000 in hospital

288 deaths

I am SO GLAD we are back to normal! Woooooo!!!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

7th day..

Mrs has just tested negative.

I am still showing as positive.

So much for the 5 days!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

If there's less test kits available then the numbers reflect that, the government has always erred on the low side compared to the ONS and the covid Zoe app etc..

Gives the PM a political deflection..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"7th day..

So much for the 5 days!"

We know someone who is currently at day 10 and still positive, partner was negative after 5 days ..

Just another one of the anomalies with this virus, fingers crossed you get there soon..

By *ldaCouple  over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

"7th day..

So much for the 5 days!"

To be fair, no one has said you’ll be fine after 5 days. Just that you can come out of isolation if you are negative after 5 days

By *rindnbumpCouple  over a year ago

Our little world of Kinky Fuckery in Durham

"Timing may have been politically motivated to distract attention away from Boris Johnsons troubles.

Exactly this. Best way to make people stop being pissed off about no. 10 parties is to open the country up so people can have their own parties. "

The Coronavirus Act 2020, which was rushed through Parliament within 4 days in March 2020 is due to expire in March 2022. The Act gave the governement the power to temporarily close business and schools, restrict events and gatherings, make people isolate. The Act is currently under review and not everything will be renewed / extended.

Think this is one of the reasons they are lifting restrictions

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

This

By *teveuk77Man  over a year ago

uk

No....because it's not flu.

Flu has been around for a long time. It mutates but not into anything too serious. Covid is more destructive on the body including younger people. The Omicron variant is clearly weaker but don't fall for the "a virus gets weaker" idea because that's not always true.

We need to monitor covid. By all means live life normally but take the basic measures to reduce spread. Wash hands and wear a mask in busy confined spaces especially during the winter or when the virus is know to be rising.

Hopefully they have abandoned the science to a large degree. The so called science will never tell you it’s safe and ok to mix with people it will only ever tell you the perceived dangers. To be honest i wouldn’t give any credence whatsoever to the utterings of the so called experts who regularly get wheeled out to voice their opinions. Public sector jobsworths who’s livelihoods and careers are in no danger whatsoever. Run, hide; and better not cross the road either. Professional doommongers the lot of them.

The science says numbers are dropping and the variant is very mild so yes.

And as for the science modelling they have all been massively wrong and all based on worst case scenarios

By *olex99Man  over a year ago

Hull

"Timing may have been politically motivated to distract attention away from Boris Johnsons troubles."

Definitely this

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

And as for the science modelling they have all been massively wrong and all based on worst case scenarios"

The science modeling is only as good as the data that goes into it. The modeling for omicron done just as it start presented 18 scenarios from best case to worst case. The press went with mostly the worst case. As it turns out what really happened was only a little worse than the best case scenario. Of course the modeling mostly presents scenarios where no mitigating actions are taken. Which of course never happens.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Hopefully they have abandoned the science to a large degree. The so called science will never tell you it’s safe and ok to mix with people it will only ever tell you the perceived dangers. To be honest i wouldn’t give any credence whatsoever to the utterings of the so called experts who regularly get wheeled out to voice their opinions. Public sector jobsworths who’s livelihoods and careers are in no danger whatsoever. Run, hide; and better not cross the road either. Professional doommongers the lot of them. "

It is not "so called science". It is science, based on the data available.

Don't diminish a thing because you don't understand it.

The "public sector jobsworths" health and those of their families are every bit at risk as yours.

The "doommongers" developed vaccines and got them distributed widely enough to avert the doom.

Go back at look at the graphs of hospital admissions and deaths and then look at how they changed after lockdowns and vaccines were rolled out.

Well said!

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

And as for the science modelling they have all been massively wrong and all based on worst case scenarios"

The science says that overall numbers are falling, but still rising in some areas.

A couple of weeks to have them all levelling off or falling. Where's the harm after having done the hard yards?

Your comment on the modelling has been addressed by another poster and has been explained again and again over the last two years.

"Hopefully they have abandoned the science to a large degree. The so called science will never tell you it’s safe and ok to mix with people it will only ever tell you the perceived dangers. To be honest i wouldn’t give any credence whatsoever to the utterings of the so called experts who regularly get wheeled out to voice their opinions. Public sector jobsworths who’s livelihoods and careers are in no danger whatsoever. Run, hide; and better not cross the road either. Professional doommongers the lot of them.

The "public sector jobsworths" health and those of their families are every bit at risk as yours.

The "doommongers" developed vaccines and got them distributed widely enough to avert the doom.

Go back at look at the graphs of hospital admissions and deaths and then look at how they changed after lockdowns and vaccines were rolled out."

By *iliciousCouple  over a year ago

South East

"Hopefully they have abandoned the science to a large degree. The so called science will never tell you it’s safe and ok to mix with people it will only ever tell you the perceived dangers. To be honest i wouldn’t give any credence whatsoever to the utterings of the so called experts who regularly get wheeled out to voice their opinions. Public sector jobsworths who’s livelihoods and careers are in no danger whatsoever. Run, hide; and better not cross the road either. Professional doommongers the lot of them. "

So your strategy would have been to do absolutely nothing different from day one, right?

There’s no such thing as “the science”. Science exists to disprove itself - otherwise you just have dogma.

Especially with COVID - this is a new virus with novel features. Science has been playing catch-up with it since it came out of China.

What we do know, though, is counting cases is also novel. How many get the cold every year? No idea - we don’t count it. How many get gastro? Don’t know. We’re counting how many get a viral respiratory infection and are scared but the figures but there is no comparator.

At some stage we have to go back to normal as society cannot go on in semi-lockdown in perpetuum. That’s the uncomfortable truth for some. Choose to wear a mask forever if that’s what you want to do, but it’s not for everyone.

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

"There’s no such thing as “the science”. Science exists to disprove itself - otherwise you just have dogma.

Especially with COVID - this is a new virus with novel features. Science has been playing catch-up with it since it came out of China.

What we do know, though, is counting cases is also novel. How many get the cold every year? No idea - we don’t count it. How many get gastro? Don’t know. We’re counting how many get a viral respiratory infection and are scared but the figures but there is no comparator.

At some stage we have to go back to normal as society cannot go on in semi-lockdown in perpetuum. That’s the uncomfortable truth for some. Choose to wear a mask forever if that’s what you want to do, but it’s not for everyone. "

Yeah butt, no butt, yeah butt jimmy the knob head who goes with wots her face down the market, i dont know why cuz i seen her out with Julie the fanny licker who only licks fanny, sez you do not understand we need the eggs.

"Hopefully they have abandoned the science to a large degree. The so called science will never tell you it’s safe and ok to mix with people it will only ever tell you the perceived dangers. To be honest i wouldn’t give any credence whatsoever to the utterings of the so called experts who regularly get wheeled out to voice their opinions. Public sector jobsworths who’s livelihoods and careers are in no danger whatsoever. Run, hide; and better not cross the road either. Professional doommongers the lot of them.

Go back at look at the graphs of hospital admissions and deaths and then look at how they changed after lockdowns and vaccines were rolled out."

. Difficult to answer when you so completely misunderstand what i’m talking about. I am not talking about the obvious and great success of vaccines. And where does the nonsense about public sector family health come into anything ? Look back at Sage predictions for January deaths. Or that clown at Imperial college. You will find a range of between something like 2800 up to 5000 deaths a day, and why. Because they know full well that if they make wild nonsense predictions like this and restrictions are introduced and they end up being wrong ,as in far fewer deaths, then thats fine. These characters just don’t want to ever risk getting caught out underpredicting deaths. It’s of no concern to these jobsworths that unnecessary doomladen predictions contribute to destroyed jobs, businesses and a wrecked economy. Follow the science.

» Add a new message to this topic