FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Sledgehammer to crack a nut?

Sledgehammer to crack a nut?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

New Zealand is set to be placed under the highest level of Covid restrictions after an outbreak of the Omicron variant.

And their glorious leader Kim Jong Ardern has had to cancel her wedding.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-60100369

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Looks like their handling of the pandemic has worked for them. I have friends in New Zealand and they tell me that there is broad support for their government.

By *ntelligent Gent.Man  over a year ago

NZ has nailed it. No point trying to smear them.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

They have done great!

I wonder what their exit strategy is? As soon as they open it could still tear through the population.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"They have done great!

I wonder what their exit strategy is? As soon as they open it could still tear through the population. "

By *otswoldguy911Man  over a year ago

gloucestershire

They don’t have an exit strategy … tyranny is the only strategy they have

By *iggstimpyCouple  over a year ago

South East

They are the equivalent of a family living up a mountain in the uk and avoiding anyone and saying they did great. Yep, no covid….. but stuck up a hill. They have no exit plan and have shut themselves off from the world.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I wish that other countries could have pursued similar strategies. The virus infection is much more treatable now, compared with 2 years ago. They've also got high vaccination rates, which should help to keep people in better health

"They have done great!

I wonder what their exit strategy is? As soon as they open it could still tear through the population. "

. Exactly, they have done great at delaying it. See what happens if they ever decide to come out from behind the sofa.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"They have done great!

I wonder what their exit strategy is? As soon as they open it could still tear through the population. . Exactly, they have done great at delaying it. See what happens if they ever decide to come out from behind the sofa. "

When NZ finally exits from it, it will have minimal impact on them.

They will come out of it with vaccines, antivirals and treatments all available to them to deal with the negative effects of the virus.

They’ve done a great job in containing the virus before vaccines were available, and have done so better than most countries.

Kudus to them

By *mma_EvansTV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

"They don’t have an exit strategy … tyranny is the only strategy they have "

By *wings_n_RoundaboutsMan  over a year ago

The North

The responses on here!

Congratulating NZ on handling it well, when there is zero acknowledgement for the consequences and untold harm which will unravel over the next few years.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

I wouldn't say their strategy is cruel or oppressive (the definition of tyranny) and dont see evidence of refugees (often seen fleeing from tyranny).

By *mma_EvansTV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

"The responses on here!

Congratulating NZ on handling it well, when there is zero acknowledgement for the consequences and untold harm which will unravel over the next few years."

Are you able to expand on your comment? xx

"The responses on here!

Congratulating NZ on handling it well, when there is zero acknowledgement for the consequences and untold harm which will unravel over the next few years.

Are you able to expand on your comment? xx"

You may have to wait for his tea leaves to dry out before he can take a proper reading to explain the doom laden predictions and consequences that will unravel

"I wish that other countries could have pursued similar strategies. The virus infection is much more treatable now, compared with 2 years ago. They've also got high vaccination rates, which should help to keep people in better health "

The virus infection is so much more treatable now...so much so that as soon as someone sneezes they go straight into lockdown.

If the vaccinations worked they would trust their mRNA enhanced immune system and stand & fight it, not cower behind locked doors!

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

NZ are honestly the gold standard in how to handle a pandemic. Go nuclear at the first hint of the virus and you have a short spell of severe restrictions before you can get back to normal.

"They don’t have an exit strategy … tyranny is the only strategy they have

I wouldn't say their strategy is cruel or oppressive (the definition of tyranny) and dont see evidence of refugees (often seen fleeing from tyranny)."

Nice boob

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Probably. But NZ is very different from UK and Europe. What may work for them wouldn't work for us.

Also, I do think Aussies and Kiwis are alot more compliant and trusting (in regards to their govt) than we are.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

[Removed by poster at 23/01/22 21:12:06]

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

Maybe I'm reading the wrong gossip pages

"The main message is that contact tracing will be different because we will be dealing with a bigger number of cases.

On rapid antigen tests, Hipkins said they will play a much bigger part as we deal with this new variant of Covid-19.

On schools due to open, Hipkins said at the moment, schools are continuing to be told to prepare to open.

Asked if there were any new cases overnight, he said "undoubtedly" there would be.

Auckland mayor Phil Goff said the move to the red traffic light just before midnight last night did not offer that many more restrictions for people themselves."

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"Probably. But NZ is very different from UK and Europe. What may work for them wouldn't work for us.

Also, I do think Aussies and Kiwis are alot more compliant and trusting (in regards to their govt) than we are."

They don't have a fucking idiot in charge, we do sadly.

"New Zealand is set to be placed under the highest level of Covid restrictions after an outbreak of the Omicron variant.

"

Always a bad sign when you have to make up a silly name to attack somebody. Trump had a similar method of attack for his rivals.

By *ondoner27Man  over a year ago

london

"NZ are honestly the gold standard in how to handle a pandemic. Go nuclear at the first hint of the virus and you have a short spell of severe restrictions before you can get back to normal. "

When are they going back to normal? Have they ever specified what would trigger a return to normal?

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"New Zealand is set to be placed under the highest level of Covid restrictions after an outbreak of the Omicron variant.

Always a bad sign when you have to make up a silly name to attack somebody. Trump had a similar method of attack for his rivals."

As do most on here when talking to anyone who questions the narrative. Tin foil hatters, anti vaxxers and many more are flung about to anyone who doesn't agree with the narrative.

Always a bad sign when you have to make up a silly name to attack somebody. Trump had a similar method of attack for his rivals."

Add the following to the list:

WEF poster girl

Tony Blair protégé

"

Great to see a leader who is prepared to lead by example in cancelling her own wedding. Unlike out lot.

New Zealand have been smart all the way through this, remote location, nation of isalnds, low population density, beautiful scenery ... close the borders and wait things out. Either through vaccination, treatments or both. First duty of a government is to protect its citizens.

Done a good job i'd say.

Look at the Covid death statistics per million

UK 2,274

New Zealand 10.58

She is bonkers. Their 'zero COVID' policy might have seemed sensible at first but now it's clear it's not possible and yet they're still continuing with it. Imagine living there, in constant fear you could be locked down again over a few cases nowhere near you. And apparently they've increased the isolation period to 24 days!

They will have problems with COVID for longer in the future because there won't be as much herd immunity.

» Add a new message to this topic