FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > No more isolation if Positive?

No more isolation if Positive?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ady Lick OP   Woman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Yeah, I know! I haven't heard anything like that but we had an email at work. They said the government are considering this.

What's going on?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Yeah, I know! I haven't heard anything like that but we had an email at work. They said the government are considering this.

What's going on? "

Hard to say isn't it.? So many conflicting messages but Im guessing they want us to pretty much ignore testing from now on and work and spread it around. Kind of weird volte face given the journey we've all been on this last two years.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"Yeah, I know! I haven't heard anything like that but we had an email at work. They said the government are considering this.

What's going on? "

If this is the case I think they are hedging their bets on the virus mutating weaker variants due to omicron which would be nice if this is the case but it could still go either way in my opinion

By *elboy64Man  over a year ago

weston

Plan B ends tomorrow

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

We are not out of the woods yet, lets wait until after half term and see how the little-darling-germ-generators spread this varient around.

New Zealand has tightened it's rules.

It must be serious, if New Zealand's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has cancelled her wedding after announcing new Covid restrictions.

Well done to her, as this is sending out a message of self control and setting a good example.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-60100369

She knows how to do the right thing. I'm looking at you Boris. Sacrifice is not just an Elton John song you know!

We are only a plane flight away from each other and that's too close to screw up again and start spreading another variant forcing more lock downs.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We are not out of the woods yet, lets wait until after half term and see how the little-darling-germ-generators spread this varient around.

It must be serious, if New Zealand's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has cancelled her wedding after announcing new Covid restrictions.

Well done to her, as this is sending out a message of self control and setting a good example.

She knows how to do the right thing. I'm looking at you Boris. Sacrifice is not just an Elton John song you know!

We are only a plane flight away from each other and that's too close to screw up again and start spreading another variant forcing more lock downs."

weston

Government now saying we have to treat it like the flu and live with it, that's what the experts are saying.

By *onnynclaireCouple  over a year ago

spencers wood

I think some blonde haired, toss-piece, who just happens to run the country is looking for brownie points.

I’d like to know what the scientists and medical pros think of all this.

I’ll still mask up in shops and other indoor crowded places.

Happy to sit outside if I go to the pub.

If I feel I’ll with possible covid then I’ll still stay home or mask up depending on severity.

"We are not out of the woods yet, lets wait until after half term and see how the little-darling-germ-generators spread this varient around.

We are only a plane flight away from each other and that's too close to screw up again and start spreading another variant forcing more lock downs."

weston

"I think some blonde haired, toss-piece, who just happens to run the country is looking for brownie points.

If I feel I’ll with possible covid then I’ll still stay home or mask up depending on severity.

"

please read numbers in hospitals and deaths both falling, so must let the fear go and move on.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

Did I hear something on tv recently about self isolating not being legally enforceable in the future ? I think it might have been next May big not 100%

What effect will that have on the control conspiracies I don't know lol

By *onnynclaireCouple  over a year ago

spencers wood

If you can send me to the right place to see these figures then I will have a look.

I like how positive cases dropped but nothing linked to people not being able to get flow tests or pcr tests

I hope that hospital numbers and deaths from covid are dropping. I never see good news reported.

Good. We can't keep it up forever. If you're actually ill, stay at home. If not, crack on. Far too many people 'isolating' for no good reason.

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS  over a year ago

South Birmingham

"Good. We can't keep it up forever. If you're actually ill, stay at home. If not, crack on. Far too many people 'isolating' for no good reason."

weston

"If you can send me to the right place to see these figures then I will have a look.

I like how positive cases dropped but nothing linked to people not being able to get flow tests or pcr tests

I hope that hospital numbers and deaths from covid are dropping. I never see good news reported.

"

on bbc news

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

1844 deaths in the last 7 days..

1904 in the week prior to then..

Tin town

"I think some blonde haired, toss-piece, who just happens to run the country is looking for brownie points.

please read numbers in hospitals and deaths both falling, so must let the fear go and move on. "

Not sure where you're getting your info from... 439 deaths today. The highest number since last February.

Tin town

"If you can send me to the right place to see these figures then I will have a look.

"

Official numbers are here...

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Although travelling tabby is a good site too

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Pretty much agree, allowing people to not isolate when positive seems almost negligence..

Also I've not seen the scientific advisors comment on this aspect, granted I may have missed that?

Yes we've got to go forward but to bin everything almost looks like a desperate attempt to deflect away from the whole lack partying in breach of the then law issue..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Good. We can't keep it up forever. If you're actually ill, stay at home. If not, crack on. Far too many people 'isolating' for no good reason."

If infectious, it's reasonable to be at home, even if well.

It's not the right time to let the virus have whatever effect it happens to have, just because someone happens to think so.

Northampton Somewhere

A lot of employers only pay ssp when you're off isolating. There'll be loads of people going to work positive because of this.

It's a worry.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Good. We can't keep it up forever. If you're actually ill, stay at home. If not, crack on. Far too many people 'isolating' for no good reason.

A lot of employers only pay ssp when you're off isolating. There'll be loads of people going to work positive because of this.

It's a worry."

Tell me about it, £96 a week is criminal, considering you get twice that on the dole and Housing benefit.

Health or wealth...choose wisely.

What a horrible decision to have to make. There is NO guarantee that the councils can support low pay workers.

"Plan B ends tomorrow "

Does this mean the end of the Virus Post in the Forums

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

This was on the news a few days ago

I believe it's likely to be from 26th March you'll no longer be legally oblidged to isolate but guidance will recommend you do

It's because they had to put laws in place when the pandemic first started, these were in place for a year & we're renewed last year but they believe now because of the vacinne program there's no linger a need & im sure they said something like we need to learn to live with Covid the way we live with the flu'

Northampton Somewhere

"This was on the news a few days ago

I believe it's likely to be from 26th March you'll no longer be legally oblidged to isolate but guidance will recommend you do

It's because they had to put laws in place when the pandemic first started, these were in place for a year & we're renewed last year but they believe now because of the vacinne program there's no linger a need & im sure they said something like we need to learn to live with Covid the way we live with the flu' "

Ahhh....that's why I hadn't heard about it, I don't watch the news that often anymore.

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

"This was on the news a few days ago

It's because they had to put laws in place when the pandemic first started, these were in place for a year & we're renewed last year but they believe now because of the vacinne program there's no linger a need & im sure they said something like we need to learn to live with Covid the way we live with the flu'

Ahhh....that's why I hadn't heard about it, I don't watch the news that often anymore."

Don't blame you, I try not to, but I think it was the day Boris was trying to get out of all the party questions so I thought it might actually be funny to watch him bumble his way out of it

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 25/01/22 21:37:43]

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Snippet from the BBC on it

Could self-isolation be scrapped in England?

The current self-isolation requlations run out on 24 March.

The prime minister has told MPs he does not expect to renew the rules and said they could end sooner - if Covid data allows.

He said that "as Covid becomes endemic" (in other words, constantly present) the government will "replace legal requirements with advice and guidance urging people with the virus to be careful and considerate of others".

This would be similar to advice for other infectious diseases such as flu.

Health Secretary Said Javid also said he was "optimistic" the government would shortly be able to "remove all restrictions around Covid".

It is not clear whether the rest of the UK would follow suit

Because it has never been as bad as they stated from the start. Hard to grasp but sorry guys, we've all been lied to. Sounds like a few of you will be sad to see it end.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

This is all about boris trying to save his job. I suspect he may be gone before the end of March. Next pm won't be under the pressure boris is. Data isn't clear at the moment. Deaths are high but they aren't rocketing up even though covid had started to hit care homes. Covid is starting to tick up but will see what happens in a week or so. If people don't have to isolate from work they will just infect each other and people will be off work anyway.

Northampton Somewhere

"Snippet from the BBC on it

The prime minister has told MPs he does not expect to renew the rules and said they could end sooner - if Covid data allows.

He said that "as Covid becomes endemic" (in other words, constantly present) the government will "replace legal requirements with advice and guidance urging people with the virus to be careful and considerate of others".

Health Secretary Said Javid also said he was "optimistic" the government would shortly be able to "remove all restrictions around Covid".

It is not clear whether the rest of the UK would follow suit "

Thanks

"Did I hear something on tv recently about self isolating not being legally enforceable in the future ? I think it might have been next May big not 100%

What effect will that have on the control conspiracies I don't know lol"

It is a possibility and has been talked about that it could end this March with some exceptions.

By *rindnbumpCouple  over a year ago

Our little world of Kinky Fuckery in Durham

The Coronavirus Act 2020, which was rushed through Parliament within 4 days in March 2020 is due to expire on 24th March 2022. The Act gave the governement the power to temporarily close business and schools, restrict events and gatherings, make people isolate. The Act is currently under review and not everything will be renewed / extended.

Think this is one of the reasons they are lifting restrictions.

"Government now saying we have to treat it like the flu and live with it, that's what the experts are saying. "

Does that mean the expert's are now conspiracy theorists, or are the conspiracy theorists now experts?

By *wings_n_RoundaboutsMan  over a year ago

The North

You only have to read some of these responses mate to see some people are actually fucked, mentally.

Some one said "if Jacinda in NZ has cancelled her wedding it must be serious" Proper lol ??

"Snippet from the BBC on it

It is not clear whether the rest of the UK would follow suit "

"Good. We can't keep it up forever. If you're actually ill, stay at home. If not, crack on. Far too many people 'isolating' for no good reason.

You only have to read some of these responses mate to see some people are actually fucked, mentally.

Some one said "if Jacinda in NZ has cancelled her wedding it must be serious" Proper lol ?? "

I’ve a video of her smoking something out of a crack pipe, could be Arden followers

It's a worry."

Yes which means people are taking advantage of it to get some paid time off. Mass testing of healthy people is not 'living with the virus'. The tests aren't reliable anyway.

Why's it a worry? It's basically a cold... Are you not vaccinated?

It's a worry.

Tell me about it, £96 a week is criminal, considering you get twice that on the dole and Housing benefit.

Health or wealth...choose wisely.

What a horrible decision to have to make. There is NO guarantee that the councils can support low pay workers. "

Lower paid workers appear to be better supported than middle-income earners - most workers earning £600-£800pw would not be able to survive one week on £96

Cookstown

How likely could it be that employers might carry out random Covid testing in the future to try to prevent infections amongst staff ?

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

It's a worry.

Yes which means people are taking advantage of it to get some paid time off. Mass testing of healthy people is not 'living with the virus'. The tests aren't reliable anyway.

Why's it a worry? It's basically a cold... Are you not vaccinated?"

I'm interested in how we as a society will change our habits, if at all.

Going forward if you feel like you have a cold will you still go into work or will you work from home if you can? I know not everyone can work from home, however going into work with a virus that could make others ill was how I think the majority behaved pre-covid and we accepted that, mainly.

Will people still accept that post covid?

"How likely could it be that employers might carry out random Covid testing in the future to try to prevent infections amongst staff ?"

Ours does. They caught a lot of people out and sent them home.

Terra Firma

"How likely could it be that employers might carry out random Covid testing in the future to try to prevent infections amongst staff ?

Ours does. They caught a lot of people out and sent them home. "

Do you think the people who tested positive knew they were positive or were they genuinely surprised?

Cookstown

It's a worry.

Going forward if you feel like you have a cold will you still go into work or will you work from home if you can? I know not everyone can work from home, however going into work with a virus that could make others ill was how I think the majority behaved pre-covid and we accepted that, mainly.

Will people still accept that post covid?"

It's a very interesting thought, perhaps we will see future employment contracts include some sort of guidance or even compulsory regulations

By *aughty but nice...Man  over a year ago

Staffs

I suspect in time covid will be classed as a cold and it will be personal choice whether to isolate or not

"How likely could it be that employers might carry out random Covid testing in the future to try to prevent infections amongst staff ?

Do you think the people who tested positive knew they were positive or were they genuinely surprised?"

Don't know. Possibly some of each.

weston

Some one said "if Jacinda in NZ has cancelled her wedding it must be serious" Proper lol ?? "

Her weath as grown from $800,000 to 24 million over the last 2 years of lockdown, dam they pay their leaders well????

Terra Firma

It's a worry.

Will people still accept that post covid?

It's a very interesting thought, perhaps we will see future employment contracts include some sort of guidance or even compulsory regulations"

I can see that being a solution, contracted to wear a face mask if you feel you have a cold coming on or a little under the weather.

If it is company policy it would drive behaviour to comply or lose your job.

Not sure what the legal standing would be though?

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Do you think the people who tested positive knew they were positive or were they genuinely surprised?

Don't know. Possibly some of each. "

I was shocked when I tested positive last week. Burst into fits of nervous "oh fuck" laughter followed by panicking over money.

I'd been at work all day and normally test on a Wednesday morning however I only had one test left and didn't wanna "waste it" not having symptoms. Or at least I didn't think I had symptoms.

About 8pm one of the lads contacted work to say he was positive, so they messaged everyone who was of to say "test or no work" and those of us who were working had to do a test at work after we closed.

I was positive.

Asked me if I felt unwell. No, just tired but I work shifts and am always fucking tired due to doing the work of 2 people and not having a regular sleep pattern coz of working a late then a double, then an open with rarely 2 days off together.

Have you got a temperature? Don't think so, but I'm constantly running round like a prick so often hot and flustered. Hmmmm, saying that, I have noticed sweaty pits tonight and thought I must have missed with my deodorant.

Oh shit. I didn't miss did I? It was a symptom!

Since then I've had dizzy spells, stabby head and general lethargy.

2 more tested positive on Friday, one of whom has a mum on oxygen. So yeah, that "cold" could quite easily have ended up getting back to the mum on oxygen if we didn't test and other people, just like me, didn't take notice the sweaty pits.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

please read numbers in hospitals and deaths both falling, so must let the fear go and move on.

Not sure where you're getting your info from... 439 deaths today. The highest number since last February. "

Numbers are always going to be high with high numbers of infections it still does not mean they are dying of covid just that they have tested positive in the last 28 days.If everyone in the country had covid for the next month everyone who died would be in those figures.

Terra Firma

Don't know. Possibly some of each.

I was shocked when I tested positive last week. Burst into fits of nervous "oh fuck" laughter followed by panicking over money.

I'd been at work all day and normally test on a Wednesday morning however I only had one test left and didn't wanna "waste it" not having symptoms. Or at least I didn't think I had symptoms.

About 8pm one of the lads contacted work to say he was positive, so they messaged everyone who was of to say "test or no work" and those of us who were working had to do a test at work after we closed.

I was positive.

Asked me if I felt unwell. No, just tired but I work shifts and am always fucking tired due to doing the work of 2 people and not having a regular sleep pattern coz of working a late then a double, then an open with rarely 2 days off together.

Have you got a temperature? Don't think so, but I'm constantly running round like a prick so often hot and flustered. Hmmmm, saying that, I have noticed sweaty pits tonight and thought I must have missed with my deodorant.

Oh shit. I didn't miss did I? It was a symptom!

Since then I've had dizzy spells, stabby head and general lethargy.

2 more tested positive on Friday, one of whom has a mum on oxygen. So yeah, that "cold" could quite easily have ended up getting back to the mum on oxygen if we didn't test and other people, just like me, didn't take notice the sweaty pits.

"

It sounds as though the testing policy and honesty of one of your colleagues helped out here or the spread could have been a lot worse, and I hope you are over it now?

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

Be careful saying that. I got slaughtered for saying very similar. Get called inconsiderate and all sorts of nasty names

Tin town

Not sure where you're getting your info from... 439 deaths today. The highest number since last February. Numbers are always going to be high with high numbers of infections it still does not mean they are dying of covid just that they have tested positive in the last 28 days.If everyone in the country had covid for the next month everyone who died would be in those figures. "

My response was to the incorrect post that deaths are falling. They aren't yet. They are still pretty high. As for everyone dying with covid... There may be some truth in that but don't be deluded into thinking that none of the deaths are as a consequence of covid... As some most definitely are (from my own experience I know this to be true)

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I think everyone should wear masks in winter in enclosed spaces anyway.

People keep closing windows on buses, and then coughing over everyone.

Tin town

"I think everyone should wear masks in winter in enclosed spaces anyway.

People keep closing windows on buses, and then coughing over everyone. "

I tend to agree. Covid or no covid we don't seem to have much sense of manners / hygiene / community in many cases.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"I think everyone should wear masks in winter in enclosed spaces anyway.

People keep closing windows on buses, and then coughing over everyone.

I tend to agree. Covid or no covid we don't seem to have much sense of manners / hygiene / community in many cases. "

Same here I do think over the years we have somewhat lost our sense of community and there is definitely a growing lack of manners in the world as a whole

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Not sure where you're getting your info from... 439 deaths today. The highest number since last February. Numbers are always going to be high with high numbers of infections it still does not mean they are dying of covid just that they have tested positive in the last 28 days.If everyone in the country had covid for the next month everyone who died would be in those figures.

My response was to the incorrect post that deaths are falling. They aren't yet. They are still pretty high. As for everyone dying with covid... There may be some truth in that but don't be deluded into thinking that none of the deaths are as a consequence of covid... As some most definitely are (from my own experience I know this to be true) "

Of course some are dying from covid but nothing like they were before and i also have personal experience of knowning this to be true.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I would say a plane load of people every day dying is a lot

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

It's a worry.

Why's it a worry? It's basically a cold... Are you not vaccinated?"

How many people are hospitalised or die from (or with or whatever) just a cold? Do you understand how vaccines work?

Why would people lie about having it to be paid ssp? I understand where I work as their isolation periods aren't being recorded as sick so some people have had multiple isolation periods, with each member of their household getting it at separate times! But why would anyone choose to receive ssp if they're faking it?

Cookstown

Not sure where you're getting your info from... 439 deaths today. The highest number since last February. Numbers are always going to be high with high numbers of infections it still does not mean they are dying of covid just that they have tested positive in the last 28 days.If everyone in the country had covid for the next month everyone who died would be in those figures.

My response was to the incorrect post that deaths are falling. They aren't yet. They are still pretty high. As for everyone dying with covid... There may be some truth in that but don't be deluded into thinking that none of the deaths are as a consequence of covid... As some most definitely are (from my own experience I know this to be true) Of course some are dying from covid but nothing like they were before and i also have personal experience of knowning this to be true."

This is absolutely true, and proves how much we have advanced thanks to the vaccines

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

If people think letting the equivalent of Hillsborough happen 3 or 4 times every single day is fine, they need to have a think about their own humanity.

Because that’s what the ‘just live with it!’ people are saying is fine.

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

So it seems (from this thread) we are going to resume normal life…. Those with concerns, are you worried Boris is using this to pull him out of the shit he’s in? If so and the significant risk exists the ‘scientists’ (the real ones who have been advising the government) would be banging their drum, all over the media, protesting on YouTube, etc. surely? They’d shout out to all to inform about the impending catastrophe?

Tin town

"So it seems (from this thread) we are going to resume normal life…. Those with concerns, are you worried Boris is using this to pull him out of the shit he’s in? If so and the significant risk exists the ‘scientists’ (the real ones who have been advising the government) would be banging their drum, all over the media, protesting on YouTube, etc. surely? They’d shout out to all to inform about the impending catastrophe? "

Given how many leaks and selfies and security cctv footage we are seeing from the centre of our government, I imagine they will be landing on news desks soon. Doesn't seem they are able to have a secure or confidential discussion about anything at all anymore. We might think we all need to have access to everything all the time but I'm not convinced that's the best way to secure our nations best interests.

"So it seems (from this thread) we are going to resume normal life…. Those with concerns, are you worried Boris is using this to pull him out of the shit he’s in? If so and the significant risk exists the ‘scientists’ (the real ones who have been advising the government) would be banging their drum, all over the media, protesting on YouTube, etc. surely? They’d shout out to all to inform about the impending catastrophe?

Given how many leaks and selfies and security cctv footage we are seeing from the centre of our government, I imagine they will be landing on news desks soon. Doesn't seem they are able to have a secure or confidential discussion about anything at all anymore. We might think we all need to have access to everything all the time but I'm not convinced that's the best way to secure our nations best interests. "

But why should conversations be confidential when their outcomes affect us all?

By *uffolksubWoman  over a year ago

Brandon

"Government now saying we have to treat it like the flu and live with it, that's what the experts are saying. "

I’ve literally been saying this for 3 months now.

I'm not convinced the 'blonde bimbo' supposed to be in charge of the country, is actually in charge of the country. He's a likeable enough chap, but not for doing many things useful.

Though over the last 2 years I doubt many could have dealt with the 'new' virus any better. I will continue to wear my mask on public transport & in crowded areas where necessary.

Tin town

"So it seems (from this thread) we are going to resume normal life…. Those with concerns, are you worried Boris is using this to pull him out of the shit he’s in? If so and the significant risk exists the ‘scientists’ (the real ones who have been advising the government) would be banging their drum, all over the media, protesting on YouTube, etc. surely? They’d shout out to all to inform about the impending catastrophe?

Given how many leaks and selfies and security cctv footage we are seeing from the centre of our government, I imagine they will be landing on news desks soon. Doesn't seem they are able to have a secure or confidential discussion about anything at all anymore. We might think we all need to have access to everything all the time but I'm not convinced that's the best way to secure our nations best interests.

But why should conversations be confidential when their outcomes affect us all? "

Well... With the war about to break out with Ukraine and Russia and with the trade wars with Europe... Don't you think it would be good to be able to have a conversation and trust that it wouldn't be splashed over the headlines the next day..? Sometimes it's essential to the business of leadership that some information is kept to those who make decisions only.

It’s mandatory isolation by law that’s ending. So you no longer risk a fine or worse if you go to the shop or something. They’ll still suggest that you stay at home, which is what most people do when they’re ill anyway.

But tbh with 95% of the population having antibodies there’s really no need to worry any more. Look at the stats of covid patients on ventilation - it’s been falling since November. Clearly this new version isn’t much of a risk any more.

Do we fine people for leaving their house with any other contagious illnesses?

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

What's going on? "

Denmark have already taken this path although overrun with Omicron BA2. It seems that as these variants are more infectious but massively less pathogenic that COVID is becoming endemic.

A dose is just like a bad dose of flu. Let's keep fingers crossed any further variants stay this way as if so, the pandemic is drawing to a close and countries need to support developing countries to catch up.

No one safe until we're all safe.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"Government now saying we have to treat it like the flu and live with it, that's what the experts are saying.

I’ve literally been saying this for 3 months now. "

3 months ago, it was still Delta - a lethal strain that still needed to be controlled.

2 months ago, a less pathogenic variant arrived which quickly gave immunity without the high death rates of Delta.

So, now is the time for reassignment.

By *ale4MaleMassageMan  over a year ago

Kingston upon hull

"It’s mandatory isolation by law that’s ending. So you no longer risk a fine or worse if you go to the shop or something. They’ll still suggest that you stay at home, which is what most people do when they’re ill anyway.

But tbh with 95% of the population having antibodies there’s really no need to worry any more. Look at the stats of covid patients on ventilation - it’s been falling since November. Clearly this new version isn’t much of a risk any more.

Do we fine people for leaving their house with any other contagious illnesses?

"

Very good take on it!

Tbh if I was fluey I would "isolate" for a few days anyway. Just don't need the government being involved with that decision

"Government now saying we have to treat it like the flu and live with it, that's what the experts are saying.

I’ve literally been saying this for 3 months now. "

And some of us so called anti Vaxxers have been saying the same since the conception of the narrative that’s been so protectively embraced.

By *lowstick66Man  over a year ago

m

How long ago was operation rampdown leaked.. quite a while ago now

3 months ago, it was still Delta - a lethal strain that still needed to be controlled.

2 months ago, a less pathogenic variant arrived which quickly gave immunity without the high death rates of Delta.

"

Cookstown

"

You're right, the "reassignment" should be the same isolating period for "flu" that we have for Covid and potentially save thousands of lives every year.

But why should conversations be confidential when their outcomes affect us all?

Well... With the war about to break out with Ukraine and Russia and with the trade wars with Europe... Don't you think it would be good to be able to have a conversation and trust that it wouldn't be splashed over the headlines the next day..? Sometimes it's essential to the business of leadership that some information is kept to those who make decisions only. "

Sorry - but when my freedom to move about freely, see my family and friends and earn a living to feed my family and keep a roof over our heads is concerned, I'm dann well entitled to know what is discussed behind the doors of our political leaders - particularly with the carry-on they've shown during an apparently deadly pandemic, which makes a laughing stock of the general public who adhered to Draconian measures and leaves any trust that may have been had in any government or its representatives in a trail of dust (not that I ever had it to begin with)

So after everything. Now its just like flu.

How many people did they kill, by refusing treatment?

Seriously if it was just "the flu", then why was it not just treated like the flu?

They witheld treatment from everyone except themselves!

They murdered those people!

"So after everything. Now its just like flu.

How many people did they kill, by refusing treatment?

Seriously if it was just "the flu", then why was it not just treated like the flu?

They witheld treatment from everyone except themselves!

They murdered those people!

"

It was because before ie 2020 and half of 2021 there was no immunity. Our bodies couldn’t handle it efficiently. That was leading to 12 out of every 100 cases needing intensive care treatment. That is nothing like flu at all at that point. It was important to save lives by preventing this spreading.

Since that time two things have happened

1 - 95% of the British population has achieved immunity of some form from vaccination or through catching it. This significantly reduced risk of hospitalisation.

2 - Omicron variant has become dominant, and it seems that is better adapted at growing in the upper respiratory tract. So that’s the throat and nose. This means that’s it not damaging lungs and causing serious breathing issues as often as previous versions. Causing mostly milder illness. Again reducing hospitalisation.

So in short - it’s being treated like flu/cold now because the virus has changed and our bodies have changed.

This was not the case 2 years ago!

Government are probably taking a leaf out of Denmark’s book, they have now pretty much got heard immunity and have now ended all laws pertaining to covid, they are now getting back on with life. Omicron has been pretty predictable and hasn’t thrown up any surprises in the countries it’s now run its course. It has behaved the same in the uk and other countries. Hopefully we can all get back on with our lives soon!

Think so aye...

Time to wake up.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

This constant "wake up" call is so ironic coming from a section of society so obviously living in a dream world

"This constant "wake up" call is so ironic coming from a section of society so obviously living in a dream world "

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"This constant "wake up" call is so ironic coming from a section of society so obviously living in a dream world "

And eh, which section of society is that?

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Well as we are 80% vaccinated against the likelihood of getting seriously Sick from it things need to open up and get going again.

Can’t stay locked up forever

"Well as we are 80% vaccinated against the likelihood of getting seriously Sick from it things need to open up and get going again.

Can’t stay locked up forever "

It's higher than that, it's closer to 90%

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

"Well as we are 80% vaccinated against the likelihood of getting seriously Sick from it things need to open up and get going again.

Can’t stay locked up forever "

When was the last time anyone in the UK was ‘locked up’? Even when we were in lockdown most people could still come and go as they pleased.

One thing is for certain, if there is a variant with more serious effects than Omicron on the way, it will be the UK that breeds it.

Okay so when did i mention my vaccination status?

Should i have to wear an armband in public if i were not?

Okay so im not disputing the numbers, im just curious of which "group" i am alleged to be allocated to?

most people could still go out could they, okay then, if you say so.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"And eh, which section of society is that?"

The section who thinks that they are the only people thinking for themselves... whilst getting all of their own thoughts from Facebook posts and YouTube videos.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

It's higher than that, it's closer to 90%"

Where are those figures from ???

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"And eh, which section of society is that?

The section who thinks that they are the only people thinking for themselves... whilst getting all of their own thoughts from Facebook posts and YouTube videos. "

Where are those figures from ??? "

The government Website.

"And eh, which section of society is that?

The section who thinks that they are the only people thinking for themselves... whilst getting all of their own thoughts from Facebook posts and YouTube videos. "

Durham

Where are those figures from ??? "

Nearly 92 of people over 12 have had a vaccine. Multiple sources for it.

Durham

92% that is

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Where are those figures from ???

Nearly 92 of people over 12 have had a vaccine. Multiple sources for it."

That is all well and good but how meany will keep up with 3/4 month booster or is it now just hurd imunity. Ass in getting it is a booster in its self

By *azylivingMan  over a year ago

swansea / Bristol

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/covid19deathsandautopsiesfeb2020todec2021

For the record. I dont Actually use facebook, i am also fairly sure that everyone is awake, unless they are sleeling.

Oh the cat in matrix is a sentient being, the cat is a person...

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

"Where are those figures from ???

Nearly 92 of people over 12 have had a vaccine. Multiple sources for it."

I had both vaccine doses (AZ) and a booster (Pfizer) and take a daily vitamin D booster.

I still got really sick from Covid and have had to be out on antivirals.

They seem to think I’d be a statistic if I hadn’t had all of the above.

Fair point mate, well done on making it through that!

Seriously, i hope you are mending.

chin up...

By *immerman100Man  over a year ago

Never never land

Also I think government is trying to score some brownie points on the back of the shit they're in

No comment.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

"Also I think government is trying to score some brownie points on the back of the shit they're in"

Yep! It’s absolutely mental.

In Ireland if you test positive you go back to work when symptoms stop regardless if you're still COVID positive haha.

If unvaccinated you stay out til no symptoms and have three negative antigens.... Makes no sense but seems the unvaccinated are safer to be around at this stage

Ironically for the narrative its actually very important to have people who refuse.

Perhaps we dont know yet.

Without that 10% we could enter a population decline, and eventual extinction.

If it can be fucked up.. Boris will fuck it up.

Cookstown

"In Ireland if you test positive you go back to work when symptoms stop regardless if you're still COVID positive haha.

If unvaccinated you stay out til no symptoms and have three negative antigens.... Makes no sense but seems the unvaccinated are safer to be around at this stage "

Quote from Irish govt website

When you stop self-isolating after 7 days, you need to take extra care for another 3 days to reduce the risk of passing COVID-19 on.

Bristol

When was the last time anyone in the UK was ‘locked up’? Even when we were in lockdown most people could still come and go as they pleased.

One thing is for certain, if there is a variant with more serious effects than Omicron on the way, it will be the UK that breeds it."

Then get vaccinated

Honestly, i think its time to drop it mate.

Seriously everyone who wanted one, has had one, anyone who wants another can have one.

There are many people, who we are trying to FORCE into getting one, its contrary to the convention on human rights, period.

Its time to stop. Stop.

Cookstown

"Honestly, i think its time to drop it mate.

Seriously everyone who wanted one, has had one, anyone who wants another can have one.

There are many people, who we are trying to FORCE into getting one, its contrary to the convention on human rights, period.

Its time to stop. Stop."

No one in the UK is being forced to have a vaccine, but as a matter of interest which particular "convention on human rights" do you make reference to ?

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Its time to stop. Stop.

No one in the UK is being forced to have a vaccine, but as a matter of interest which particular "convention on human rights" do you make reference to ?"

I too was wondering which article of the act he was referring.

"In Ireland if you test positive you go back to work when symptoms stop regardless if you're still COVID positive haha.

If unvaccinated you stay out til no symptoms and have three negative antigens.... Makes no sense but seems the unvaccinated are safer to be around at this stage

When you stop self-isolating after 7 days, you need to take extra care for another 3 days to reduce the risk of passing COVID-19 on."

Yes and? Workplace take you back after 7 even when positive if boosted. So you have covid positive people walking around the workplace and we all know just because they're boosted doesn't mean whatsoever they aren't spreading it to others.

https://youtu.be/rUm1T0dqJOg

Okay so if you want to go and read the convention on human rights, then please feel free to do so.

Since your not busy, you can update everyone on the correct one to apply.

Then we can all do what you say we are to do, after all, i answer to you dont i?

"Okay so if you want to go and read the convention on human rights, then please feel free to do so.

Then we can all do what you say we are to do, after all, i answer to you dont i?"

Interesting that you were the one that said 'There are many people, who we are trying to FORCE into getting one, its contrary to the convention on human rights, period.' yet are unable to say to which article of the human rights act you were refering to.

Perhaps that is because you either dont know or there isnt one and your just spouting off make belive, maybe all three?

Cookstown

When you stop self-isolating after 7 days, you need to take extra care for another 3 days to reduce the risk of passing COVID-19 on.

Yes and? Workplace take you back after 7 even when positive if boosted. So you have covid positive people walking around the workplace and we all know just because they're boosted doesn't mean whatsoever they aren't spreading it to others. "

Yes and?

Your original statement was rubbish.

Science dictate that most people are no longer contagious after 7 days.

What would you suggest ? Lock up people for 6 months ?

Cookstown

"Okay so if you want to go and read the convention on human rights, then please feel free to do so.

Then we can all do what you say we are to do, after all, i answer to you dont i?"

That's actually funny lol

merseyside

Think the article is the one that's violated because you don't agree with a certain rule.

I sometimes think my 'uman right is being violated when I'm forced by my terrible employer to get out of bed and attend work.

Have to admit I'm struggling finding the relevant article.

Yes, and my personal human right to express.

It is funny, i shpuld do as im told, and go look up the correct article pronto.

If i dont, then i dont get to access that right.

Do prisoners "get" books!

If not, then they would be unable to know if their sentence was lawful, or look this up?!

Hopefully this person does not decide to chain me to their bed for an indefinite period, because i dont get to be free, unless i can name the specific one that allows me to be!

Not that you are expected to look it up however.

And guess what, there are now these really great remote working options, i bet the next big thing will be the "bed-desk".

There you go bud, problem solved, you dont need to get up at all, and no one will mind...lol

Cookstown

"Yes, and my personal human right to express.

It is funny, i shpuld do as im told, and go look up the correct article pronto.

If i dont, then i dont get to access that right.

Do prisoners "get" books!

If not, then they would be unable to know if their sentence was lawful, or look this up?!

Hopefully this person does not decide to chain me to their bed for an indefinite period, because i dont get to be free, unless i can name the specific one that allows me to be!"

So what you're saying is it's your right because you say so, that's not quite how it works lol

Yes human rights do exist but they don't cover anything you dream up or read on Facebook so if you think something is a violation of your human rights then you need to either quote a reference or have representation as a prisoner would have.

By the way, most human rights are trumped by health issues.

Of course it's my human right that everyone around me is vaccinated

"Think the article is the one that's violated because you don't agree with a certain rule.

I sometimes think my 'uman right is being violated when I'm forced by my terrible employer to get out of bed and attend work.

"

Firstly rules are for any Tom dickhead and Harry who chooses to be ruled over. I think you’ll find you chose to agree to those rules by choosing a terrible boss.

"Think the article is the one that's violated because you don't agree with a certain rule.

Firstly rules are for any Tom dickhead and Harry who chooses to be ruled over. I think you’ll find you chose to agree to those rules by choosing a terrible boss. "

hey don't drag me into this

Cookstown

Firstly rules are for any Tom dickhead and Harry who chooses to be ruled over. I think you’ll find you chose to agree to those rules by choosing a terrible boss. "

Ah I see, human rights aren't enforceable anyway. Right

merseyside

It was meant to be just a light hearted poke at folks who feel their rights, human or otherwise, are violated every time they are requested to do something they don't find acceptable.

For your information, my employer is fabulous.

Probably best talking to my husband about violations of human rights. He's worked abroad for years in some hell holes and a visit to one of these places would be an insight into violations of all flavours.

Being ruled over, isn't everyone?

If you are a captain of industry, your shareholders rule you.

If you work, you follow employers rules and employment regulations.

If you receive benefits, the state sets your income.

Can't think of anyone who honestly thinks they are not ruled in some form or other.

Maybe the delusional.

I agree, being told permitted to be free, is like being told your not free, and then the person above creating a lie, so you will swallow it!

Firstly rules are for any Tom dickhead and Harry who chooses to be ruled over. I think you’ll find you chose to agree to those rules by choosing a terrible boss.

It was meant to be just a light hearted poke at folks who feel their rights, human or otherwise, are violated every time they are requested to do something they don't find acceptable.

Probably best talking to my husband about violations of human rights. He's worked abroad for years in some hell holes and a visit to one of these places would be an insight into violations of all flavours.

Can't think of anyone who honestly thinks they are not ruled in some form or other.

Maybe the delusional.

"

Poking fun at human rights, is the first step in devaluing them, then eventually removing them, and keeping us all as pets, who have to purchase specific rights.

-Like flying abroad.

-going for a drive.

-entering a library (to read, btw).

-going outside.

-withdrawing labor (marx et al)...!

Bristol

Its time to stop. Stop."

You don’t like the reply then ? Tough! I was responding to the other poster not you

Its time to stop. Stop.

You don’t like the reply then ? Tough! I was responding to the other poster not you "

if i missunderstood, then im sorry...

merseyside

Maybe the delusional.

Poking fun at human rights, is the first step in devaluing them, then eventually removing them, and keeping us all as pets, who have to purchase specific rights.

-Like flying abroad.

-going for a drive.

-entering a library (to read, btw).

-going outside.

-withdrawing labor (marx et al)...!"

Yep.

Sticking to the delusional bit.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

So from next week by the looks of it, we could go out to the pub say and be served food/ drink by someone who has Covid. Or we could go for Hospital / Doctors appointments and it will be the same?

How many people will be happy with doing this not knowing whether the person near you has Covid?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"So from next week by the looks of it, we could go out to the pub say and be served food/ drink by someone who has Covid. Or we could go for Hospital / Doctors appointments and it will be the same?

How many people will be happy with doing this not knowing whether the person near you has Covid?"

Certainly not me..

"So from next week by the looks of it, we could go out to the pub say and be served food/ drink by someone who has Covid. Or we could go for Hospital / Doctors appointments and it will be the same?

How many people will be happy with doing this not knowing whether the person near you has Covid?"

Im going to be straight with you.

Im more worried about all the people who are going to die from things like cancer, heart disease, stroke, and other illnesses which although they have some treatments, still have a much higher global mortality rate.

People are dying from stupid things, like infected wounds, or developing systemic illnesses which can be treated by a single high dose of amoxycylin. This has in truth been a problem in scotland for a long time it is true. Its time to deal with it and save our souls.

a great many people are going to die from the stupidest illnesses, if we dont do it now, and pump every penny into the NHS, who cares about the big shopping centres being turned into flats, who cares if your car runs dry, i couldnt give a flying proverbial if we run out of bog roll.

If someone can sit across a table from the person they love, or spend time with thier mother or father before they die, if they can walk down the street and look up to see the sun, then its a price worth paying.

If i catch covid then i might be spared the nightmare that awaits, perhaps its mercy for us.

By *onnie 90Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

What's going on? "

Seems like Boris is implementing his "herd immunity" plan.

. Personally i’m fine with it. I will generally assume that anyone who feels unwell will stay at home. I’m fully vaccinated, had covid last year and happy to get on with normal life

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

So before Covid was even a word, how many of us used to go to work with “just a cold” or phone in sick because we had flu? The GP surgeries were full of people coughing and spluttering spreading germs.

We need to start learning how to live with Covid and to start getting back to “normal” ….. whatever that is. Our GP’s need to start seeing patients face to face again, a lot of serious medical problems are being overlooked.

People need to take responsibility for not just there own health but others too, if you have a cold/flu then stay at home until you are better

"So before Covid was even a word, how many of us used to go to work with “just a cold” or phone in sick because we had flu? The GP surgeries were full of people coughing and spluttering spreading germs.

We need to start learning how to live with Covid and to start getting back to “normal” ….. whatever that is. Our GP’s need to start seeing patients face to face again, a lot of serious medical problems are being overlooked.

People need to take responsibility for not just there own health but others too, if you have a cold/flu then stay at home until you are better

"

Its funny you say that. it might be a plus from this. If people stay home from flu amd colds, then it could prevent many other people getting sick from "not-covid-something-else". Perhaps people will be more aware of their responsibilities to others, and never know maybe we have a shot at erradicating a fee infectious diseases that have resisted us for that exact reason. Vaccines and medicin wasnt enough for those illnesses, we needed to be more responsible too...

A lot more people are going to die, if we dont just do everything as quickly as possible, for as many people as we can manage.

Its like this, if anyone knows, of a mistake that will cost the nhs money, dont just ignore it, and say, thats not my job, stuff it, and stuff that person who reported it, flag it up, and then follow it up yourself if you have to. If your boss did f-all, then pick up the phone and talk to thier boss, if they still dodnt do it, then take responsibility for it, do what you have to do, and fix it.

If covid taught us anything, it was that we can all do one thing more than we did before, we all took on a responsibility that wasnt ours, got our game face on, and we did it...

Time to do it.

"So before Covid was even a word, how many of us used to go to work with “just a cold” or phone in sick because we had flu? The GP surgeries were full of people coughing and spluttering spreading germs.

Its funny you say that. it might be a plus from this. If people stay home from flu amd colds, then it could prevent many other people getting sick from "not-covid-something-else". Perhaps people will be more aware of their responsibilities to others, and never know maybe we have a shot at erradicating a fee infectious diseases that have resisted us for that exact reason. Vaccines and medicin wasnt enough for those illnesses, we needed to be more responsible too...

A lot more people are going to die, if we dont just do everything as quickly as possible, for as many people as we can manage.

Its like this, if anyone knows, of a mistake that will cost the nhs money, dont just ignore it, and say, thats not my job, stuff it, and stuff that person who reported it, flag it up, and then follow it up yourself if you have to. If your boss did f-all, then pick up the phone and talk to thier boss, if they still dodnt do it, then take responsibility for it, do what you have to do, and fix it.

If covid taught us anything, it was that we can all do one thing more than we did before, we all took on a responsibility that wasnt ours, got our game face on, and we did it...

Time to do it."

Yes your ass is on the line if you do it, but its catch 22 now if you dont do it, then your dead anyway.

I dont know about you, im not going out with doing everything i can before i go. Even if that means i can only do one tiny thing that no one even sees, all those things add uo, if eberyone does them.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

[Removed by poster at 20/02/22 23:50:56]

"

Yes absolutely the GP's need to start seeing people again.

My surgery has started seeing patients again but only you are well! kind of defeats the objective somewhat.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

My work are going to continue to ask people to test which they will supply and anyone with Covid to work from home for at least this year.

evesham

"My work are going to continue to ask people to test which they will supply and anyone with Covid to work from home for at least this year. "

I have a feeling mine will do the same. We are testing every day before entering the building and wearing masks everywhere except at our desks. Weekly pcr tests as well.

North Bucks

"My work are going to continue to ask people to test which they will supply and anyone with Covid to work from home for at least this year.

I have a feeling mine will do the same. We are testing every day before entering the building and wearing masks everywhere except at our desks. Weekly pcr tests as well. "

Yeah we do the same with masks as well.

we all need to start acting like responsible adults, do everything in your power to help other people, concern yourself with what you can do to help, get on with it. Yes i think the GP's are aware there is a larger problem.

North Bucks

Lol keep it to the forums if any one wants to chat about my work policy

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"we all need to start acting like responsible adults, do everything in your power to help other people, concern yourself with what you can do to help, get on with it. Yes i think the GP's are aware there is a larger problem. "

"we all need to start acting like responsible adults, do everything in your power to help other people, concern yourself with what you can do to help, get on with it. Yes i think the GP's are aware there is a larger problem. "

Then they need to start seeing people face to face.

"My work are going to continue to ask people to test which they will supply and anyone with Covid to work from home for at least this year.

I have a feeling mine will do the same. We are testing every day before entering the building and wearing masks everywhere except at our desks. Weekly pcr tests as well. "

This is a concern though.

A friend of mine works in a restaurant and they were all told yesterday They will have to continue to test once a week (hasn't been confirmed who will pay for these) And if positive will have to isolate for 10 days, so who is going to support that person financially because they will only be entitled to statutory sick pay because there will be no further help by the government to self isolate.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Why will they have to isolate for 10 days ? It has been cut to 7 days

evesham

I have a feeling mine will do the same. We are testing every day before entering the building and wearing masks everywhere except at our desks. Weekly pcr tests as well.

A friend of mine works in a restaurant and they were all told yesterday They will have to continue to test once a week (hasn't been confirmed who will pay for these) And if positive will have to isolate for 10 days, so who is going to support that person financially because they will only be entitled to statutory sick pay because there will be no further help by the government to self isolate. "

It is a concern for those I agree. I'm fortunate to work in a service that has, up until now, paid special leave for time off relating to covid. It doesn't come from your leave or sick pay. We also have pretty good occupational sick pay.

I can understand other people who don't have that wanting things to go back to 'normal' and not lose money like that.

evesham

"Why will they have to isolate for 10 days ? It has been cut to 7 days"

Officially or test to release on day 5 and 6? Thought you still had to Isolate up to 10 days if still testing positive?

Listen, i think that there are still some pretty important questions, which we dont know the answer to.

we dont understand the long term effects of the long covid issue. It is possible however unlikely that the virus was particularly attack a specific type of person, like a genetic marker, or gene. We have no real idea if all those people "really" had something in common, which we cant see right now.

Sometimes it takes years to actually have the answer to what happened.

We should be very cautious, and move very slowly, and carefully.

That still means redeploying the NHS to deal with all the non-covid illnesses, it means that everyone needs to bring their A game to the table; quickly.

It is important not to go back to business as usual. Because, as someone said in this thread, suddenly there would be a million people added to the surgeries who "just want a day off work", if that were to happen then it will reduce resources for the avsolute "most needy". the people who survived but are now in a much worse condition, will definitely die if we go back to normal.

You enjoy your pint down the pub, and sure, all ypur clubs will be finding themselves filled with lots of young people who are new. Everyone else is dead or dying. Who teaches them, you?

It is immoral, and wrong, to simply rush in, because an election is due soon.

Scotland is right to do what they are doing. Boris is wrong, period.

Cookstown

A friend of mine works in a restaurant and they were all told yesterday They will have to continue to test once a week (hasn't been confirmed who will pay for these) And if positive will have to isolate for 10 days, so who is going to support that person financially because they will only be entitled to statutory sick pay because there will be no further help by the government to self isolate. "

What would they have done if they got the flu before covid came along ? Chances are they would have been in bed for a minimum of a week then a week to recover

"Why will they have to isolate for 10 days ? It has been cut to 7 days

Officially or test to release on day 5 and 6? Thought you still had to Isolate up to 10 days if still testing positive? "

And that's the thing it will be up to each individual company to set their own rules.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Listen, i think that there are still some pretty important questions, which we dont know the answer to.

we dont understand the long term effects of the long covid issue. It is possible however unlikely that the virus was particularly attack a specific type of person, like a genetic marker, or gene. We have no real idea if all those people "really" had something in common, which we cant see right now.

That still means redeploying the NHS to deal with all the non-covid illnesses, it means that everyone needs to bring their A game to the table; quickly.

It is important not to go back to business as usual. Because, as someone said in this thread, suddenly there would be a million people added to the surgeries who "just want a day off work", if that were to happen then it will reduce resources for the avsolute "most needy". the people who survived but are now in a much worse condition, will definitely die if we go back to normal.

You enjoy your pint down the pub, and sure, all ypur clubs will be finding themselves filled with lots of young people who are new. Everyone else is dead or dying. Who teaches them, you?

"

My father has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer due to the delay in operations and lack of consultation during the covid period.

There has to be start in moving forward and dealing with covid rather than just shut down and isolate.

I'm certainly all for moving forward.

"Listen, i think that there are still some pretty important questions, which we dont know the answer to.

"

The other important thing that we don't know about and nobody seems to be talking about is the impact of repeated infection.

My father has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer due to the delay in operations and lack of consultation during the covid period.

There has to be start in moving forward and dealing with covid rather than just shut down and isolate.

"

But this is the problem because the government are saying G p's and medical services need to see people face-to-face but for a lot of people this still isn't happening. Because the government have lifted restrictions doesn't mean individual doctors and hospitals will.

Bristol

I do think that we have to return to some kind of normal now.

Restrictions were put into place to try minimise the numbers in intensive care and hospitals and to get a vaccine rolling.

We have over 90% or so vaccinated and others have to take what measures they can.

Any other time vulnerable people would be at risk from seasonal flue and have to take measures.

We need to get on with it now and I’m speaking as someone who has a hart condition who allegedly is in a risk category which I cannot really see

By *heshbifellaMan  over a year ago

Crewe

"

Just your opinion.

If not now, when? That's the other side of the coin.

Triple-vaccinated people can stop worrying. The situation is vastly different, now that we have an extensively vaccinated population and a circulating variant that’s much less pathogenic. Deaths are way down. That’s partly because Omicron is less deadly, but it’s mainly because of vaccination: 91 per cent of the population aged 12 and over have had at least one dose of a vaccine, and 66 per cent have had three. Treatment is massively improved if you do get Covid and get into difficulties. Yes, there will still be deaths, but there always will be, from flu and many other circulating pathogens. Get the vaccine to dramatically cut the risk of death. A triple-vaccinated person’s risk of ending up in hospital with Covid is between just 1 per cent and 3 per cent of that of an unvaccinated person. Google it.

If we carry on with restrictions and self isolation, referrals to mental health services will continue to sky rocket, deaths from other causes will continue to escalate, not to mention the continued economic damage. We can't carry on where a lot of

the damage caused by Covid is the result of our response to it.

We've still got to be sensible, particularly the very vulnerable, but that's always been the case with flu and other infections. Time for the nanny state to retreat and people to take responsibility into their own hands. We have learnt so much about gel, masks, vaccines, ventilation, social distancing and so on. But this was all originally to stop the NHS being overwhelmed.

Boris is right. In my opinion. If not Feb 2022, what is your date for a bonfire of all restrictions and why?

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

But this is the problem because the government are saying G p's and medical services need to see people face-to-face but for a lot of people this still isn't happening. Because the government have lifted restrictions doesn't mean individual doctors and hospitals will. "

Im done caring now. The NHS and health services have been well and truly fucked by the clown in Downing Street, and the idiot we have up in Scotland playing tit for tat.

But this is the problem because the government are saying G p's and medical services need to see people face-to-face but for a lot of people this still isn't happening. Because the government have lifted restrictions doesn't mean individual doctors and hospitals will.

Im done caring now. The NHS and health services have been well and truly fucked by the clown in Downing Street, and the idiot we have up in Scotland playing tit for tat.

"

To be fair, this is true.

They played football with the whole thing.

That said, i do feel that its important to conserve resources and deploy help strategically to the most in need, as quickly as possible.

It is true that many people have been missed because doctors hadnt been seeing people. It is also true that the people they were already tending to got put on hold indefinitely, now there is a massive backlog of the people they know about, and they have no idea how many are still to be detected, its insanely hard to figure out who is sick and who is not.

Yes not seeing the patient face to face is a problem for diagnosis, but I'll be honest, i sat in front of my doctor literally for years with an obvious and visible set of symptoms, which he just ignored. Now suddenly he is interested, because someone else picked it up and ran with it. He always had the excuse that he didnt have resources, etc etc etc, so why now does he have the time to help? And more importantly, why should i trust him.

Yes and? Workplace take you back after 7 even when positive if boosted. So you have covid positive people walking around the workplace and we all know just because they're boosted doesn't mean whatsoever they aren't spreading it to others.

Yes and?

What would you suggest ? Lock up people for 6 months ?"

If science differs from place to place it's not science it's politics

I was back to work on day seven and still testing positive until day 11 so please tell me what is rubbish?

Cookstown

Yes and?

What would you suggest ? Lock up people for 6 months ?

If science differs from place to place it's not science it's politics

I was back to work on day seven and still testing positive until day 11 so please tell me what is rubbish? "

You do know when you are most infectious ?

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Whitty and Valance are pretty quiet these days?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

How many people will be happy with doing this not knowing whether the person near you has Covid?. Personally i’m fine with it. I will generally assume that anyone who feels unwell will stay at home. I’m fully vaccinated, had covid last year and happy to get on with normal life"

I think everyone would be happy to get on with normal life

Sadly the assumption that people will isolate if ill could be a wrong one, plus if they stop testing or free testing then people won't know if they have it anyway as not everyone will want to / have the money to buy tests.

We have to trust people to do the right thing. As some people think mitigations like mask wearing and self isolating is infringing their civil liberties rather than thinking it was a public health measure then I have no faith that people would stay at home if they think they have Covid

As someone else touched on, their company looks after them, but any unscrupulous employers won't care if workers have covid and expect them to be in work. Then you have the people who know they have Covid, it may be mild so go into work because they can't afford to stay off work.

It could all be a false economy as with either scenario they could infect a load more workmates or customers who may get more than cold symptoms and have to stay off work or even worse, give it to someone who gets it so bad that they die.

I think the only thing we can all do is look after ourselves and decide what risks we want to take

To be fair about my practice, now they are taking notice of me, and im looking at a full recovery, gladly.

The shame is, that I'll be left with the memory, and a tainted view of those we all choose to trust out lives to.

Those wounds, for everyone, will never fully heal.

"Whitty and Valance are pretty quiet these days?"

I assume they don't approve of the updates.

By *heshbifellaMan  over a year ago

Crewe

"Whitty and Valance are pretty quiet these days?

I assume they don't approve of the updates."

Almost certainly they don't. But guaranteed salary /pension types have nothing to lose! Probably a bit embarrassed too, as they predicted the NHS would be 'overwhelmed' and there'd be 5000 deaths a day by now. Ferguson is no better admitting he gets it wrong regularly, absurdly claiming “I’m quite happy to be wrong if it’s wrong in the right direction.”

Trouble is his predictions resulted in catastrophic lockdowns which he was happy to ignore to attend to his lover on his guaranteed salary. Nice work if you can get it.......

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Whitty and Valance are pretty quiet these days?

I assume they don't approve of the updates."

They will be joining the PM at 7pm tonight for the news conference - let’s see what they say

By *exOnLegsPlymCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

£2bn per month for a cold? About time they stopped this nonsense.

"£2bn per month for a cold? About time they stopped this nonsense."

I actually cannot believe people are still trying to claim this is a cold. If it makes you feel better than go through but it's very dismissive and completely untrue. I personally know previously fit and healthy people who are still in one case a year on struggling with severe side effects of long covid.

"£2bn per month for a cold? About time they stopped this nonsense.

I actually cannot believe people are still trying to claim this is a cold. If it makes you feel better than go through but it's very dismissive and completely untrue. I personally know previously fit and healthy people who are still in one case a year on struggling with severe side effects of long covid. "

. Maybe, but for most people thats pretty much what it now amounts to and we move on. If you’re scared stay away from people

I actually cannot believe people are still trying to claim this is a cold. If it makes you feel better than go through but it's very dismissive and completely untrue. I personally know previously fit and healthy people who are still in one case a year on struggling with severe side effects of long covid. . Maybe, but for most people thats pretty much what it now amounts to and we move on. If you’re scared stay away from people"

That is a shoddy attitude because it's not about being scared it's about people who through no fault of their own are vulnerable, Maybe everyone just needs to have a little bit more compassion.

I actually cannot believe people are still trying to claim this is a cold. If it makes you feel better than go through but it's very dismissive and completely untrue. I personally know previously fit and healthy people who are still in one case a year on struggling with severe side effects of long covid. . Maybe, but for most people thats pretty much what it now amounts to and we move on. If you’re scared stay away from people

That is a shoddy attitude because it's not about being scared it's about people who through no fault of their own are vulnerable, Maybe everyone just needs to have a little bit more compassion. "

. It’s not a shoddy attitude it’s simply the reality, which you obviously just don’t like .