FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > From today, face masks are not mandatory.

From today, face masks are not mandatory.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

It is good news and a good move in the right direction, what do you think of it, that from today face masks are not mandatory? I am not sure, but I did hear that supermarkets are still asking their customers to wear one, do you know more about it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not in scotland

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I hope that like last year, when they first became not mandatory, that the majority see the good sense in wearing them, to help to reduce the levels of infection.

For nany, they are a minimal effort, to help us to protect others.

They continue to be mandatory where I am and I shall wear then on my return to the UK, until the summer, in all likelihood.

Even better, data/evidence now shows booster jab of vaccine gives 95% protection from death.

More enthused about that than not been required to cover my face. Probably stick with the mask as im used to it now and its no big deal (for me)

By *mma_EvansTV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

"It is good news and a good move in the right direction, what do you think of it, that from today face masks are not mandatory? I am not sure, but I did hear that supermarkets are still asking their customers to wear one, do you know more about it?"

You are contradicting yourself. In your first sentence you are saying, 'It is good news and a good move in the right direction', then in your second sentence, you are saying, 'I am not sure'. Your post isn't making any sense to me. Just my thoughts...xx

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"It is good news and a good move in the right direction, what do you think of it, that from today face masks are not mandatory? I am not sure, but I did hear that supermarkets are still asking their customers to wear one, do you know more about it?

You are contradicting yourself. In your first sentence you are saying, 'It is good news and a good move in the right direction', then in your second sentence, you are saying, 'I am not sure'. Your post isn't making any sense to me. Just my thoughts...xx"

No contradiction, states it’s good news removing mask mandate then they are not sure if supermarkets were asking customers to wear one.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Guidance still suggests wearing one in crowded places which may be why supermarkets want people to wear them.

wigan

"I hope that like last year, when they first became not mandatory, that the majority see the good sense in wearing them, to help to reduce the levels of infection.

For nany, they are a minimal effort, to help us to protect others.

They continue to be mandatory where I am and I shall wear then on my return to the UK, until the summer, in all likelihood. "

Keep that mantra going …

See the good sense, help protect others, the majority…

Colchester

"It is good news and a good move in the right direction, what do you think of it, that from today face masks are not mandatory? I am not sure, but I did hear that supermarkets are still asking their customers to wear one, do you know more about it?

You are contradicting yourself. In your first sentence you are saying, 'It is good news and a good move in the right direction', then in your second sentence, you are saying, 'I am not sure'. Your post isn't making any sense to me. Just my thoughts...xx

No contradiction, states it’s good news removing mask mandate then they are not sure if supermarkets were asking customers to wear one."

You are absolutely correct @_ommenhim. Sorry Shag, I skim read xx

By *ip73Man  over a year ago

Stanwell

Will continue to wear one when shopping and public transport . Party Boy wasn't following the science he was deflecting from his actions.

wigan

"Will continue to wear one when shopping and public transport . Party Boy wasn't following the science he was deflecting from his actions. "

In deflecting from his actions I presume you mean he removed restrictions contrary to scientific reasoning ? If so the scientists advising would surely be taking whatever steps necessary to advise the public of the governments error ?

By *ip73Man  over a year ago

Stanwell

Deflecting from him and his staff breaking their own rules

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Wait until half term comes and goes and a fresh batch is imported from the airports.

Colchester

"Wait until half term comes and goes and a fresh batch is imported from the airports."

Airports don't import fresh batches xx

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Still mandatory in my workplace and if you come into it

Colchester

"Still mandatory in my workplace and if you come into it "

And in my workplace tooxx

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Wait until half term comes and goes and a fresh batch is imported from the airports."

The easyjet variant.?

No contradiction, states it’s good news removing mask mandate then they are not sure if supermarkets were asking customers to wear one."

That is right as I meant the not sure bit for the supermarkets

"Not in scotland "
Lets hope it gets there soon too

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Supermarkets are still asking that you wear one.

I will be wearing one while in crowded places. Nothing has changed for me at work at all.

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

"It is good news and a good move in the right direction, what do you think of it, that from today face masks are not mandatory? I am not sure, but I did hear that supermarkets are still asking their customers to wear one, do you know more about it?"

Yes it is!! The Omicron variant has peaked and cases have, thankfully fallen. I’m glad we do not have to wear masks, but obviously, it’s up to the individual

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Of course I'll continue to wear a mask.

1. Protect myself

2. Protect others

I personally do not want to be responsible for getting infected and harming another innocent poor sod. Who may go on to die or suffer long covid. Or infect others.

Making me patient 0 in that particular chain. And all the people I could have infected, and harm caused.

I'll carry on wearing, thank you very much.

Mask are completely pointless unless you are going to wear the correct ones and dispose of them after every use and wash your hands accordingly

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Definitely a good move. People need to build up their immune system. It's a fact that anyone who caught the common cold had immunity to the omicron virus. Wearing masks hinders your natural immune system.

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Definitely a good move. People need to build up their immune system. It's a fact that anyone who caught the common cold had immunity to the omicron virus. Wearing masks hinders your natural immune system."

*Some immunity to the omicron

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Mask are completely pointless unless you are going to wear the correct ones and dispose of them after every use and wash your hands accordingly "
Not totally true. Even just wearing a face covering works

By *D of funCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

I think we should wear them

I have to keep mine on at work, and in all likely hood I'll keep wearing them for a while atleast.

What angers me is when people stand too close to me.

Glad it’s a choice now, personally (Luke) I will not be wearing a face nappy in shops or on public transport. What I (Luke) don’t get is why people wear them outside in fresh air, even seen some nut job in a park on his own (20 feet from anyone) wearing one. Brainwashed? Cult member? Who knows ?

By *otswoldguy911Man  over a year ago

gloucestershire

They somehow managed to demonise coughs a sniffle and having no symptoms at all…

But normalised strokes, blood clots, neurological disorders and ‘died suddenly’

Central

"Of course I'll continue to wear a mask.

1. Protect myself

2. Protect others

I personally do not want to be responsible for getting infected and harming another innocent poor sod. Who may go on to die or suffer long covid. Or infect others.

Making me patient 0 in that particular chain. And all the people I could have infected, and harm caused.

I'll carry on wearing, thank you very much."

"I have to keep mine on at work, and in all likely hood I'll keep wearing them for a while atleast.

What angers me is when people stand too close to me. "

Central

"They somehow managed to demonise coughs a sniffle and having no symptoms at all…

But normalised strokes, blood clots, neurological disorders and ‘died suddenly’ "

The horrendous symptoms, including lasting severe ones, from Covid infections, can be avoided for others, if people do the decent, simple thing, by continuing to wear masks.

Shag - will you wear a mask, now it's optional?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Depends where you are, not much change in London, still required for transport, schools (communal areas) and most shops requesting them.

wigan

"They somehow managed to demonise coughs a sniffle and having no symptoms at all…

The horrendous symptoms, including lasting severe ones, from Covid infections, can be avoided for others, if people do the decent, simple thing, by continuing to wear masks.

Shag - will you wear a mask, now it's optional? "

It’s certainly stopped infections so far!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

You are contradicting yourself. In your first sentence you are saying, 'It is good news and a good move in the right direction', then in your second sentence, you are saying, 'I am not sure'. Your post isn't making any sense to me. Just my thoughts...xx"

No he isn't. He's saying isn't sure about some supermarkets still requiring face masks to be worn, not that he isn't sure that face masks not being mandatory is a good thing.

Just take 5 more seconds to read things

evesham

"Glad it’s a choice now, personally (Luke) I will not be wearing a face nappy in shops or on public transport. What I (Luke) don’t get is why people wear them outside in fresh air, even seen some nut job in a park on his own (20 feet from anyone) wearing one. Brainwashed? Cult member? Who knows ?"

You're like a stuck fucking record why do you care what some stranger in a park wears on their own face? Bit weird if you ask me.

Shag - will you wear a mask, now it's optional? "

I will just wear one where you have to and you?

By *illingdon_ladMan  over a year ago

Bicester

"Glad it’s a choice now, personally (Luke) I will not be wearing a face nappy in shops or on public transport. What I (Luke) don’t get is why people wear them outside in fresh air, even seen some nut job in a park on his own (20 feet from anyone) wearing one. Brainwashed? Cult member? Who knows ?"

Shall we start telling surgeons to stop wearing "face nappies" when they are performing surgery? What harm is it to you if someone is wearing a mask while walking around maybe like me they have forgotten to take it off or maybe it's because it keeps their face warm in the cold.

Tin town

"I have to keep mine on at work, and in all likely hood I'll keep wearing them for a while atleast.

What angers me is when people stand too close to me. "

And cough over you... Like we've learned nothing in the last 2 years...

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

The way you reference nappy to signify a mask is very revealing.....

"Glad it’s a choice now, personally (Luke) I will not be wearing a face nappy in shops or on public transport. What I (Luke) don’t get is why people wear them outside in fresh air, even seen some nut job in a park on his own (20 feet from anyone) wearing one. Brainwashed? Cult member? Who knows ?

Shall we start telling surgeons to stop wearing "face nappies" when they are performing surgery? What harm is it to you if someone is wearing a mask while walking around maybe like me they have forgotten to take it off or maybe it's because it keeps their face warm in the cold. "

Considering surgeons don’t actually put on the mask due to the approach at keeping in line with sterility then they are wearing for a valid reason in a “correct” manner. No reason for term face nappy in that context. Not wearing one because dad/ prime monster/ police/ so called scientists said you must to keep everyone safe adding fact that many not new clean unused etc. I can see the reason people choose to see it in the manner of a face nappy. I’m sure it’s no harm to anyone in the moment. But I don’t see what harm it is pointing out the absurdity of anything.

For my own peace of mind I will still wear one

Cloth Masks don't prevent the spread of covid, that's a scientific fact.

Its purely virtue signalling and a now a way for people to feel morally superior to others and signal their smug adherence to corporate compliance culture.

What these people lack in intelligence they make up for in virtue signalling

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Face nappy

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

It's absolutely incredible that in 2022, two years into the pandemic and with literally dozens of studies going back over 20 years that people still think cloth face coverings don't work.

Incredible

evesham

"Cloth Masks don't prevent the spread of covid, that's a scientific fact.

Its purely virtue signalling and a now a way for people to feel morally superior to others and signal their smug adherence to corporate compliance culture.

What these people lack in intelligence they make up for in virtue signalling "

You mean like the one you're wearing in your picture from December last year? Or was your face cold indoors

I know someone who has a respiratory condition that mean they had to shield. They would often have 2-3 chest infections a year require iv antibiotics to treat. Since coming out of shielding and wearing face masks they have not had 1 chest infection. Is this simply a coincidence? (they didn't have one through shielding but I knew someone would try to be smart and point out that they wouldn't have seen anyone. Since shielding ended they have returned to the office full time and go about their regular day to day life).

"It's absolutely incredible that in 2022, two years into the pandemic and with literally dozens of studies going back over 20 years that people still think cloth face coverings don't work.

Incredible"

It’s not that they don’t work - it’s that they’re doing nothing to stop the pandemic at this point. They’re not enough.

Look at France, you’re required to wear a mask everywhere, even outdoors, and on Wednesday they had their highest number of cases ever. Even more than the U.K. by quite a big margin.

So there’s no point wearing a mask any more - especially now that the virus is milder (for whatever reason) and immunity is high.

Tin town

"It's absolutely incredible that in 2022, two years into the pandemic and with literally dozens of studies going back over 20 years that people still think cloth face coverings don't work.

Incredible"

I don't think it's so incredible. If you remember 2 years ago... When the world was searching for ppe, there were many "scientific" studies, peer reviewed and all that, that concluded they made little difference to the spread. Now whether there was a coincidence between those reports and the lack of ppe who knows... But it was only 2 years ago and there was plenty of so called "evidence". So, like much of the mixed messaging around this episode it doesn't surprise me at all that folks believe what science they want to believe.

By *aussageMan  over a year ago

sherborne

Cloth and surgical face masks never did anything anyway. The science of this has been looked at for decades in hospitals and medical personal. If they did masks would have been mandated for health care workers a long time ago. Most viruses are spread in vapor, not droplets .. which pass straight through almost all masks. The only masks that offered any statically significant protection were n95 masks, and people were specifically told not to wear them because generally they have an unfiltered exhaust valve.

Masks were all about visual propaganda and physiological manipulation, and not about science. The WHO and CDC all said originally not to wear masks, then they flipped and said wear them not due to the science changing in a matter of weeks, it changed due to political pressure. Then said recommended 2 masks lol. Now the CDC is saying that cloth and surgical masks offer very limited protection if any, and that people should be wearing n95 masks. Wow who could have guessed?

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Incredible

It’s not that they don’t work - it’s that they’re doing nothing to stop the pandemic at this point. They’re not enough.

Look at France, you’re required to wear a mask everywhere, even outdoors, and on Wednesday they had their highest number of cases ever. Even more than the U.K. by quite a big margin.

So there’s no point wearing a mask any more - especially now that the virus is milder (for whatever reason) and immunity is high."

Why on earth do masks have to meet the threshold of stopping the pandemic before they're worth while?

Baffling that people think a tool has to be 100% effective, or it isn't worth it.

And to state the obvious, omicron isn't mild for every one. If you have covid without knowing it, wearing a mask could stop you passing it on to someone vulnerable. Or starting a chain of infection that leads to someone vulnerable.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

I'll still wear one in supermarkets and on busy trains.

Don't really care what others do, it's up to us all individually now, more than enough information for an adult to make a decision.

Let's hope this virus will wither away and just hang around in the background.

Just booked a couple of holidays before the prices go through the roof.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

"Cloth and surgical face masks never did anything anyway. The science of this has been looked at for decades in hospitals and medical personal. If they did masks would have been mandated for health care workers a long time ago. Most viruses are spread in vapor, not droplets .. which pass straight through almost all masks. The only masks that offered any statically significant protection were n95 masks, and people were specifically told not to wear them because generally they have an unfiltered exhaust valve.

Masks were all about visual propaganda and physiological manipulation, and not about science. The WHO and CDC all said originally not to wear masks, then they flipped and said wear them not due to the science changing in a matter of weeks, it changed due to political pressure. Then said recommended 2 masks lol. Now the CDC is saying that cloth and surgical masks offer very limited protection if any, and that people should be wearing n95 masks. Wow who could have guessed?"

In your opinion, I work with facts

You're obviously not interested in facts so I'll end my input

"Cloth and surgical face masks never did anything anyway. The science of this has been looked at for decades in hospitals and medical personal. If they did masks would have been mandated for health care workers a long time ago. Most viruses are spread in vapor, not droplets .. which pass straight through almost all masks. The only masks that offered any statically significant protection were n95 masks, and people were specifically told not to wear them because generally they have an unfiltered exhaust valve.

Masks were all about visual propaganda and physiological manipulation, and not about science. The WHO and CDC all said originally not to wear masks, then they flipped and said wear them not due to the science changing in a matter of weeks, it changed due to political pressure. Then said recommended 2 masks lol. Now the CDC is saying that cloth and surgical masks offer very limited protection if any, and that people should be wearing n95 masks. Wow who could have guessed?"

Well said

By *illynillyCouple  over a year ago

Wiltshire

We will still be wearing them...numbers of positive cases in Wiltshire are at the highest at the moment, its the sensible thing to do

Nilly

Incredible

So there’s no point wearing a mask any more - especially now that the virus is milder (for whatever reason) and immunity is high.

Why on earth do masks have to meet the threshold of stopping the pandemic before they're worth while?

Baffling that people think a tool has to be 100% effective, or it isn't worth it.

And to state the obvious, omicron isn't mild for every one. If you have covid without knowing it, wearing a mask could stop you passing it on to someone vulnerable. Or starting a chain of infection that leads to someone vulnerable.

"

They’re not even slowing down the pandemic either - which is what I meant. The impact is negligible now that omicron is so contagious. And yes it’s not mild for everyone but it’s mild for the vast vast majority of people including the elderly and vulnerable

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

Well mandatory or not I will still be taking the common sense approach to things and wearing a mask in crowded shops ect and doing everything else I can to reduce the risk of me catching any variant of covid for two very simple reasons, firstly I am asthmatic and dont need any form of respiratory infection as I suck at breathing already, and secondly to protect my mother for whom i am a full time carer as she is not only asthmatic, but has also lost 1/3rd of one lung to cancer, is diabetic and has had two heart attacks so is considered to be extremely vulnerable to the virus.

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

It remains good practice

I will continue to wear a mask in enclosed crowded places, as I would unselfishly like to continue to help protect those who maybe can’t, and those who choose not to; it’s a good job the majority are perhaps unselfish!

R x

By *illingdon_ladMan  over a year ago

Bicester

"Glad it’s a choice now, personally (Luke) I will not be wearing a face nappy in shops or on public transport. What I (Luke) don’t get is why people wear them outside in fresh air, even seen some nut job in a park on his own (20 feet from anyone) wearing one. Brainwashed? Cult member? Who knows ?

Shall we start telling surgeons to stop wearing "face nappies" when they are performing surgery? What harm is it to you if someone is wearing a mask while walking around maybe like me they have forgotten to take it off or maybe it's because it keeps their face warm in the cold.

Considering surgeons don’t actually put on the mask due to the approach at keeping in line with sterility then they are wearing for a valid reason in a “correct” manner. No reason for term face nappy in that context. Not wearing one because dad/ prime monster/ police/ so called scientists said you must to keep everyone safe adding fact that many not new clean unused etc. I can see the reason people choose to see it in the manner of a face nappy. I’m sure it’s no harm to anyone in the moment. But I don’t see what harm it is pointing out the absurdity of anything. "

By so called scientists I'm assuming your talking about the Facebook and fab scientists that know nothing other than what foil hat weekly tells them, or the fully trained PHD scientist that are the leaders in the respected fields of science.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

Have to wear a mask as an NHS Nurse, also enjoy winding up those who claim they’re freedoms are being curtailed by having to wear their so called nappies

nr spalding

"Have to wear a mask as an NHS Nurse, also enjoy winding up those who claim they’re freedoms are being curtailed by having to wear their so called nappies "

They only call them nappies as they reduce the amount of shit they talk, I think that's what upsets them so much

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"Have to wear a mask as an NHS Nurse, also enjoy winding up those who claim they’re freedoms are being curtailed by having to wear their so called nappies

They only call them nappies as they reduce the amount of shit they talk, I think that's what upsets them so much "

Ha ha

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

I will still wear a mask at least until the end of the flu season. Just because things are better does not mean the pandemic is over. The situation is still fluid, the omicron sub variant seems to take over from the omicron cases. In other countries cases keep on creeping up and there is no certainty that there won’t be other variants stronger/more infectious than Omicron. I can get on with life but wherever I can I will take precautions.

merseyside

"Have to wear a mask as an NHS Nurse, also enjoy winding up those who claim they’re freedoms are being curtailed by having to wear their so called nappies "

Or maybe these folks who post actually do wear a nappy as mummy has never let them grow up.

By *lofeldMan  over a year ago

Redhill

I'll keep wearing one on public transport and supermarkets, and particularly as it keeps my face warm...its been bloody freezing out there!

nr spalding

"Have to wear a mask as an NHS Nurse, also enjoy winding up those who claim they’re freedoms are being curtailed by having to wear their so called nappies

Or maybe these folks who post actually do wear a nappy as mummy has never let them grow up. "

Hey no kink shaming

nr spalding

"I'll keep wearing one on public transport and supermarkets, and particularly as it keeps my face warm...its been bloody freezing out there! "

Mine has been cracking at stopping my asthma kicking off if I have to go out on really cold mornings so agree completely with you there lol

Tin town

"We will still be wearing them...numbers of positive cases in Wiltshire are at the highest at the moment, its the sensible thing to do

Nilly "

Being Sensible? That will never wash!

By *illynillyCouple  over a year ago

Wiltshire

"We will still be wearing them...numbers of positive cases in Wiltshire are at the highest at the moment, its the sensible thing to do

Nilly

Being Sensible? That will never wash! "

Sadly very true

I rarely wore one when they were compulsory, so this doesn't change things much for me.

I'll be riding the train to work, as usual, telling Sadiq to go fuck himself.

"I rarely wore one when they were compulsory, so this doesn't change things much for me.

I'll be riding the train to work, as usual, telling Sadiq to go fuck himself. "

Yes I wish Sadiq would fuck himself and agree with your comments

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"i know someone who has a respiratory condition that mean they had to shield. They would often have 2-3 chest infections a year require iv antibiotics to treat. Since coming out of shielding and wearing face masks they have not had 1 chest infection. Is this simply a coincidence? (they didn't have one through shielding but I knew someone would try to be smart and point out that they wouldn't have seen anyone. Since shielding ended they have returned to the office full time and go about their regular day to day life). "

This! I see the inside of a hospital at least once per year normally for some form of respiratory infection and even being back at work, socialising, going to sporting events and gigs etc...

Not one infection. No antibiotics, no steroids

evesham

"I rarely wore one when they were compulsory, so this doesn't change things much for me.

I'll be riding the train to work, as usual, telling Sadiq to go fuck himself. "

I'm sure he's quaking

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Perhaps wearing a face nappy would help catch the shit that comes out of covidiots mouths?

By *ason_xMan  over a year ago

Watford

Never wore a mask anyway!

Terra Firma

"Never wore a mask anyway! "

Is there an end to this epic story?

merseyside

"Never wore a mask anyway! "

Do you think this has had an impact on folks meeting you as notice no verifications.

Just as a thought.

If you met a couple and they said they had followed the rules and acted like sheep, worn a mask, wash hands, socially distanced etc.

Would you express your views on the meet.

By *iCurious4WomenMan  over a year ago

Inverclyde

"Not in scotland Lets hope it gets there soon too "
Indeed. I've not worn a mask this whole time. The science behind mask wearing has been very weak from the start.

Terra Firma

"Not in scotland Lets hope it gets there soon too Indeed. I've not worn a mask this whole time. The science behind mask wearing has been very weak from the start."

Ah the science, but what do you think because that's what counts, right?

"i know someone who has a respiratory condition that mean they had to shield. They would often have 2-3 chest infections a year require iv antibiotics to treat. Since coming out of shielding and wearing face masks they have not had 1 chest infection. Is this simply a coincidence? (they didn't have one through shielding but I knew someone would try to be smart and point out that they wouldn't have seen anyone. Since shielding ended they have returned to the office full time and go about their regular day to day life).

This! I see the inside of a hospital at least once per year normally for some form of respiratory infection and even being back at work, socialising, going to sporting events and gigs etc...

Not one infection. No antibiotics, no steroids "

That’s great for you and the person above. However there is far more at play than masks in this scenario. For example, people are mixing less. More people are working from home. Venues have had limits on capacity and changes in service to remove close contact. Most pleases even now are mainly table service. The number of people transport is a fraction of what it was. The amount of seasonal viruses such as cold and flu are a fraction of what they normally are due to worldwide and national restrictions, and finally - there’s evidence that suggests the covid vaccine offers some protection against other respiratory viruses.

So, it’s not really cut and dry that it’s anything to do with masks. I’m glad you’re feeling better though

*places (not ‘pleases’).

I'm sure he's quaking "

It's an instruction, not a threat. The only reason he'd be "quaking" is if he's planning on fulfilling the instruction AND his Johnson is bum-rippingly big.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Perhaps wearing a face nappy would help catch the shit that comes out of covidiots mouths?"

perhaps it will also catch some of the shit that comes out of the pro lockdown and vax worshippers mouths also

Terra Firma

I'm sure he's quaking

It's an instruction, not a threat. The only reason he'd be "quaking" is if he's planning on fulfilling the instruction AND his Johnson is bum-rippingly big. "

When you are sitting on the train with no mask on, do you feel empowered? I'm curious as to the motivation and reward aspects. What is it that made you think, no?

evesham

Perhaps wearing a face nappy would help catch the shit that comes out of covidiots mouths?perhaps it will also catch some of the shit that comes out of the pro lockdown and vax worshippers mouths also"

It's an aggression. A rather unecessary one really.

evesham

Perhaps wearing a face nappy would help catch the shit that comes out of covidiots mouths?perhaps it will also catch some of the shit that comes out of the pro lockdown and vax worshippers mouths also"

Burn!

Stockport

Perhaps wearing a face nappy would help catch the shit that comes out of covidiots mouths?perhaps it will also catch some of the shit that comes out of the pro lockdown and vax worshippers mouths also

It's an aggression. A rather unecessary one really. "

I'm curious as to how the wearing of a mask by someone can be seen as being aggressive to someone who is not wearing a mask? The one wearing a mask is trying to reduce the emission of any harmful biological material through their respiration, and will also be doing their very best to keep distance from others. The one who does not wear a mask is making no attempt to keep any bacteria or virus that they might be infected with to themselves, and also does not attempt to keep distance from people.

I absolutely fail to see how somebody retreating from you and trying not to breathe on you is being aggressive. Aggression is when somebody moves towards you, breathes, coughs, sneezes, and in extreme cases spits on you. Aggression is when somebody tells you that you are not allowed to protect yourself against their bodily emissions, insults you for wearing a mask, and in extreme cases even pulls off your mask. The defensive efforts of medically vulnerable people to avoid contracting and spreading infectious diseases are the opposite of aggression.

The only people I can see being aggressive here are the ones that campaign AGAINST disease prevention measures.

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

Perhaps wearing a face nappy would help catch the shit that comes out of covidiots mouths?perhaps it will also catch some of the shit that comes out of the pro lockdown and vax worshippers mouths also

I'm curious as to how the wearing of a mask by someone can be seen as being aggressive to someone who is not wearing a mask? The one wearing a mask is trying to reduce the emission of any harmful biological material through their respiration, and will also be doing their very best to keep distance from others. The one who does not wear a mask is making no attempt to keep any bacteria or virus that they might be infected with to themselves, and also does not attempt to keep distance from people.

I absolutely fail to see how somebody retreating from you and trying not to breathe on you is being aggressive. Aggression is when somebody moves towards you, breathes, coughs, sneezes, and in extreme cases spits on you. Aggression is when somebody tells you that you are not allowed to protect yourself against their bodily emissions, insults you for wearing a mask, and in extreme cases even pulls off your mask. The defensive efforts of medically vulnerable people to avoid contracting and spreading infectious diseases are the opposite of aggression.

The only people I can see being aggressive here are the ones that campaign AGAINST disease prevention measures.

"

its not always down to goverment like the scrapping of visting rules on monday coming for carehomes we have wrote to all the families over the last week saying that we will be carrying on as we have with 99% support of staff / residents/familys ...our strict rules are staying for a while longer that 5 care homes in our group and been chatting to others in other groups who are doing the same...

outside of work i shall continue with my mask in hotspots i think that is also the same with most i know ..common sense is all thats needed ...what others do is down to them

I'm sure he's quaking

It's an instruction, not a threat. The only reason he'd be "quaking" is if he's planning on fulfilling the instruction AND his Johnson is bum-rippingly big.

When you are sitting on the train with no mask on, do you feel empowered? I'm curious as to the motivation and reward aspects. What is it that made you think, no?"

I like how upset it makes weak people.

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Scrap face nappies..if someone wants to wear them that's ok, but just personal choice

By *297crissy1Couple  over a year ago

oxfordshire

Incredible

"

That’s just it mask won’t stop you spreading it . They never did and they never will lock downs didn’t work either . If they did then why are we still even talking about the fucking thing . Look if you wish to wear a nappy on your face go ahead if it gives you a false sense of security then go ahead . But don’t look down on people for not wearing them .

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Very good news! I work in a supermarket and we were told we can choose weather to wear one! I would say maybe 25% of staff wear them and 60% of customers! I choose not to filthy things! X

By *otallysmoothMan  over a year ago

Telford

Prob still wear mine in some public places though, as long as I remember

Stockport

Incredible

That’s just it mask won’t stop you spreading it . They never did and they never will lock downs didn’t work either . If they did then why are we still even talking about the fucking thing . Look if you wish to wear a nappy on your face go ahead if it gives you a false sense of security then go ahead . But don’t look down on people for not wearing them . "

There is one thing that absolutely does not stop the virus being spread - that is all the people that refuse to do anything to even attempt to slow it down. Mask wearing does not stop the spread - but it does slow it. Social distancing does not stop the spread - but it slows it. Vaccines do not stop the spread - but they slow it down. Lockdowns WOULD stop the spread - but only if everybody did them properly.

The only options that are available are to do a lot of things, each of which slows the spread a bit, in the hope that together they manage to slow the spread a lot, to give enough time for the eventual development of better treatments without millions of people having died first.

Or to do absolutely nothing, and just let people die.

In the times of plague, there is no neutrality. Anybody that does AT LEAST ONE THING to help slow down the disease is working on the side of humanity. Anybody that does NOTHING is actively working against humanity.

some ill informed people around if mask dont work then why do we wear them when in hospitals care homes science settings mask have a role or they would not be used .... i will say this 50% of people wearing them just as well not as the dont wear them correctly and all those ebay mask offer little protection but when you keep touching your face ajusting your mask thats where the infection will get you not the fault of the mask just the fault of the person wearing them ...

i understand some dont like them thats ok but nappies on face ??? are they nappies on face when your in hospital trying to help you or members of your family ?? nah they are only nappies on faces when it suits you

By *aussageMan  over a year ago

sherborne

Almost a quarter of the entire population has had covid. Slowing the spread has catastrophically failed. We might as well just except everyone will get it at some point and move on with life.

merseyside

"Almost a quarter of the entire population has had covid. Slowing the spread has catastrophically failed. We might as well just except everyone will get it at some point and move on with life."

That's very true and expected.

But slowing the spread has meant the vaccine could be produced and rolled out and hospitals ICU although stretched to the limited have coped.

In my humble opinion without the vaccine rollout JCBs would be needed to dig graves in public parks.

Thank god for the recent and historical work in vaccine development.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I did get some looks this morning in Tesco, I didn't see anyone else not wearing a mask.

By *heshbifellaMan  over a year ago

Crewe

"some ill informed people around if mask dont work then why do we wear them when in hospitals care homes science settings mask have a role or they would not be used .... i will say this 50% of people wearing them just as well not as the dont wear them correctly and all those ebay mask offer little protection but when you keep touching your face ajusting your mask thats where the infection will get you not the fault of the mask just the fault of the person wearing them ...

i understand some dont like them thats ok but nappies on face ??? are they nappies on face when your in hospital trying to help you or members of your family ?? nah they are only nappies on faces when it suits you

"

They do work against Covid, the blue ones not tremendously well, but the surgical white (FP3?) ones very well. Else, surgeons would dispense with them. Even if one accepts they are of dubious value for Covid, they are useful to lower the spread of lots of other germs in winter. Flu continues to be at record low levels.

One guy in my office has bad breath and for that reason alone, I am glad he's an avid fan of wearing his mask

Still wearing mine on public transport ...

Feels more weird not doing!

evesham

"I did get some looks this morning in Tesco, I didn't see anyone else not wearing a mask. "

I saw quite a few people still wearing them when I went shopping yesterday.

evesham

"

Apologies polly, I quoted and responded to the wrong person.

"Almost a quarter of the entire population has had covid. Slowing the spread has catastrophically failed. We might as well just except everyone will get it at some point and move on with life.

But slowing the spread has meant the vaccine could be produced and rolled out and hospitals ICU although stretched to the limited have coped.

In my humble opinion without the vaccine rollout JCBs would be needed to dig graves in public parks.

Thank god for the recent and historical work in vaccine development. "

Central

Shag - will you wear a mask, now it's optional? I will just wear one where you have to and you?"

I'm overseas, where we have to. When I return to the UK. I will wear a mask, even though optional there. If it helps to stop me infecting other people, I'm happy to experience a little discomfort

If anyone still wears one i presume they will keep wearing one forever in public places ?

If you dont stop now why would you ever stop?

evesham

"If anyone still wears one i presume they will keep wearing one forever in public places ?

If you dont stop now why would you ever stop?"

Or maybe until their personal assessment of risk changes?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

I was out shopping yesterday and 90% of people were wearing masks still, in all shops.

"If anyone still wears one i presume they will keep wearing one forever in public places ?

Or maybe until their personal assessment of risk changes?"

By *S2004Man  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

I base my decision on a number of factors….number of people in the shop, indoor or outdoor, do I have any potential non covid illness such as a cold that I wouldn’t choose to give others, the number of covid cases nationally, if I have potentially had some limited contact with a positive case.

When I consider that I then choose. Hope that answers your question

Tin town

Quite an assumption to make isn't it.?stop now or carry on forever.?

It's a surprise so many people are so concerned what others choose to do. Wear a scarf and coat in winter? When will you ever stop if not now?

It's a surprise so many people are so concerned what others choose to do. Wear a scarf and coat in winter? When will you ever stop if not now?

"

Not comparable really is it. The point they were trying to make was clear - what’s going to make you change if it’s not enough being triple vaccinated, having a very low chance of serious illness, and having virologists, experts and the government telling you it’s ok to no longer wear a mask ?

If anything we’re at the safest point we’ll ever be right now. While the boosters are actively working.

Tin town

Not comparable really is it. The point they were trying to make was clear - what’s going to make you change if it’s not enough being triple vaccinated, having a very low chance of serious illness, and having virologists, experts and the government telling you it’s ok to no longer wear a mask ?

If anything we’re at the safest point we’ll ever be right now. While the boosters are actively working. "

Not sure where you found all those words in the post to which I was replying. I wouldn't presume to know what others are thinking beyond what they write. However, if we are now in the habit of wearing masks when we have an illness, to reduce the risk of it spreading to others when in busy public spaces... That might be a good thing for this illness and for the ones that come in the future. It can easily be removed once it's purpose is served.

Working in a shop we have the right to not accept the notes that we see the customers licking trying to get them out of their wallets/purses.

So go easy on the licking ...your notes of course.

By *297crissy1Couple  over a year ago

oxfordshire

"Almost a quarter of the entire population has had covid. Slowing the spread has catastrophically failed. We might as well just except everyone will get it at some point and move on with life.

Thank god for the recent and historical work in vaccine development. "

Graves in public parks oh please . It’s a wonder a person like your self comes out of the house let alone swings .

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Wearing seatbelts, not sitting in a cafe breathing in someone's exhaled cigarette smoke are all things that have changed societally..

If people in this country decide to wear a face mask in an environment that they deem necessary for whatever reason perhaps others who choose not to might just accept it.

Just a thought..

Terra Firma

Graves in public parks oh please . It’s a wonder a person like your self comes out of the house let alone swings . "

They were doing something similar to that in New York at one point, digging mass graves on Hart island at the start of the pandemic.

By *heshbifellaMan  over a year ago

Crewe

Well said. They've been wearing them in Japan etc for decades! Just good common sense from the point of view of lots of respiratory infections.

Graves in public parks oh please . It’s a wonder a person like your self comes out of the house let alone swings .

They were doing something similar to that in New York at one point, digging mass graves on Hart island at the start of the pandemic. "

I base my decision on a number of factors….number of people in the shop, indoor or outdoor, do I have any potential non covid illness such as a cold that I wouldn’t choose to give others, the number of covid cases nationally, if I have potentially had some limited contact with a positive case.

When I consider that I then choose. Hope that answers your question "

It does answer my question. See you in 10 years still testing for covid every trip the cinema and theatre

If anything we’re at the safest point we’ll ever be right now. While the boosters are actively working.

Not sure where you found all those words in the post to which I was replying. I wouldn't presume to know what others are thinking beyond what they write. However, if we are now in the habit of wearing masks when we have an illness, to reduce the risk of it spreading to others when in busy public spaces... That might be a good thing for this illness and for the ones that come in the future. It can easily be removed once it's purpose is served. "

Key - “when we have an illness”. Not just randomly wearing one all the time

Terra Firma

Not sure where you found all those words in the post to which I was replying. I wouldn't presume to know what others are thinking beyond what they write. However, if we are now in the habit of wearing masks when we have an illness, to reduce the risk of it spreading to others when in busy public spaces... That might be a good thing for this illness and for the ones that come in the future. It can easily be removed once it's purpose is served.

Key - “when we have an illness”. Not just randomly wearing one all the time "

Some people will have got used to wearing a mask and maybe used to not getting so many colds and decide to continue to wear them.

If someone wants to wear a mask, what business is it to anyone else, the same for not wearing one.

merseyside

Key - “when we have an illness”. Not just randomly wearing one all the time "

Don't think we are out of the woods yet.

Hope I'm wrong but we may see a spike in late spring, early summer.

What business it is of anyone's if some decides to wear a mask is beyond me, you may find it strange or differing from your point of view but I'm sure lots of people may find asking strangers on an internet site to have sex with their wife or attending a party or club for casual sex is somewhat out of the ordinary.

Before you judge others, take a quick peek in the mirror.

nr spalding

[Removed by poster at 29/01/22 16:43:10]

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

When I consider that I then choose. Hope that answers your question "

If I thought about all that I would have forgotten what I went in the shop for

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

But normalised strokes, blood clots, neurological disorders and ‘died suddenly’ "

Who’s “they”?

And are too seriously suggesting that thousand of people have died of a “sniffle”?

henley on thames

"Scrap face nappies..if someone wants to wear them that's ok, but just personal choice "

Such a lame insult. I thought a Lucan lad might have a bit more imagination than that

henley on thames

"Almost a quarter of the entire population has had covid. Slowing the spread has catastrophically failed. We might as well just except everyone will get it at some point and move on with life."

A quarter of the population has had it ice the course of 2 years? That is proof that slowing the spread was achieved. Without restrictions a quarter of the population would have had it in the first few months, with a ton more deaths.

Remember those graphics at the start? About slowing the spread so that the nhs would cope?

henley on thames

Hi. Millions of people in the country still have covid.

I will stop wearing a mask in confined crowded spaces like shops when less people have covid.

Also, if negative test results are still required for international travel, I will definitely be wearing masks in the lead-up to any trips that I have planned. I’m not bollocksing up a holiday because I can’t be arsed to wear a mask in the supermarket, or because I think I’m being a rebel.

Terra Firma

A quarter of the population has had it ice the course of 2 years? That is proof that slowing the spread was achieved. Without restrictions a quarter of the population would have had it in the first few months, with a ton more deaths.

Remember those graphics at the start? About slowing the spread so that the nhs would cope? "

(real time assessment of community transmission)

REACT study by Imperial College London

Surveyed 100K people who had tested positive for covid between the 5th and 20th of Jan and asked them if they had previously been infected with covid. 65% of people confirmed they had covid previously, only 35% of the 100K surveyed were new cases.

A good statistician could probably workout the number of people who have had covid, instead of the number of cases of covid. That would be interesting to see, is it a quarter of the population or a lot less than that? My small brain thinks it could be less people catching it numerous times.

Tin town

There seem to be increasing reports of people having repeat infections /.. Positive tests... Within a few months of eachother.

» Add a new message to this topic