FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > PDI in May

PDI in May

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lumPudding OP   Couple  over a year ago

Doncaster

We’re visiting PDI (Gran Canaria) in May. We’re double vaxed already but no booster. Do we need anything else for the trip? PDR test? Booster?

We’ve been sent an essay from the travel agent but there’s so much to it and feel like they just want to suck more cash out of us.

Am after some simple advice and thought the fabbers would know!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

So you have all the requirements written out by the travel agent in front of you and you are asking for advice from here

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"So you have all the requirements written out by the travel agent in front of you and you are asking for advice from here "

They are amongst friends asking for a bit of help? Not so outrageous is it?

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Probably worth getting your boosters. Some countries only consider you fully vaxed if you've had it

Bracknell

"So you have all the requirements written out by the travel agent in front of you and you are asking for advice from here

They are amongst friends asking for a bit of help? Not so outrageous is it? "

You are so right. I advise them to mix with anyone who has covid the two weeks before they go away

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

Best ask in the Spain forum, Spain have introduced a maximum tune since last jab, you need to complete a Spanish passenger locator form prior to arrival.

On arrival they will check your details and do a temperature test.

In pdi many bars and restaurants will want to see your vaccination code. Better to have a printout of it than rely on the app.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"So you have all the requirements written out by the travel agent in front of you and you are asking for advice from here

You are so right. I advise them to mix with anyone who has covid the two weeks before they go away "

Had a bad day?

Bracknell

You are so right. I advise them to mix with anyone who has covid the two weeks before they go away

Had a bad day? "

Nope but struggling to understand why they don’t just follow the written advice from the travel agent experts.

By *ancsduoCouple  over a year ago

Morecambe

Just says locator form and double jabbed.

Doesn't mention having to have had booster.

By *agman1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

From February the 1st if your second vaccination is more than 270 days old you must have proof of having a booster jab.

It's on the entry requirements for Spain website.

By *mma_EvansTV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

"We’re visiting PDI (Gran Canaria) in May. We’re double vaxed already but no booster. Do we need anything else for the trip? PDR test? Booster?

We’ve been sent an essay from the travel agent but there’s so much to it and feel like they just want to suck more cash out of us.

Am after some simple advice and thought the fabbers would know! "

It is the requirements of the country that you are visiting that require vaccination status. I believe the shoulder of responsibility lays with the airline provider to ensure that anyone who is conveyed into the country meets all the requirements for entry (I think). I might though, be talking a load of BS (shrugs shoulders)xx

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

May is a little way off and things can change overnight, but I would at least get a booster jab.

Doncaster

Thanks all, appreciate the advice. The documentation on it was quite overwhelming.

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"We’re visiting PDI (Gran Canaria) in May. We’re double vaxed already but no booster. Do we need anything else for the trip? PDR test? Booster?

Am after some simple advice and thought the fabbers would know! "

To summarise:

You’re fully vaccinated, which is ok for entry. And you will also need to fill the Spanish Travel Health form before you arrive. Do it 48 hours before and I recommend doing it on a laptop. The SpTH app can be a bit temperamental.

However, keep an eye on things as all could change.

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

market rasen

Am after some simple advice and thought the fabbers would know!

To summarise:

You’re fully vaccinated, which is ok for entry. And you will also need to fill the Spanish Travel Health form before you arrive. Do it 48 hours before and I recommend doing it on a laptop. The SpTH app can be a bit temperamental.

However, keep an eye on things as all could change. "

This changes Tuesday 1st. And you need to have had your last dose (of the 2) within 270 days of arriveL or have the booster.

Doncaster

Great advice about filling in the form on a laptop.

As for the 270 days, Mine will have expired by then so booster it is then. Thanks.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Does that mean locator forms might be scrapped

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Does that mean locator forms might be scrapped"

It’s a good point. Above is getting into Gran Can.

Coming back into the UK, the PLF has to be completed 48 hours before arriving currently.

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich & London

It's worth having a paper copy and also on your phone. If you save your vax cert as a screen shot, you can easily access it rather than having to open the app everytime you want to access a bar or restaurant, although be prepared to do this if asked. If you only have a paper copy, quite a few places are asking for proof of ID, making sure you are not using somebody else's cert etc.

By *amaraBeaverbankWoman  over a year ago

Benidorm Spain

It is a legal requirement here in Spain to carry ID anyway. Most of my friends here have their pass and ID in a little plastic credit cRd sized wallet and some on a key ring. Photocopies are being accepted although the police usually ask for original ID if questioned

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

My understanding its 270 days from your last jab.

How this works out when your booster is 270 days old, no idea as yet.

Have a great time.

We are there November.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Looks like I won’t be going abroad any time soon then. Def not having any more jabs

» Add a new message to this topic