FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > So should non vaccinated NHS staff get sick pay

So should non vaccinated NHS staff get sick pay

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ove2pleaseseuk OP   Man  over a year ago

Hastings

If you are off longer as you chose not to get vaccinated should you get paid for all the time off sick.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"If you are off longer as you chose not to get vaccinated should you get paid for all the time off sick."

nobody, NHS or other, should get sick pay if off with covid and not vaccinated

By *alphy187Man  over a year ago

cambridge

Totally agree. Personally I think all NHS should be vaccinated. If I had a relative being cared for by someone who had not had the vaccine, they then caught it and passed it to my relative who dies from it, then I believe they should be charged with manslaughter. This threat would surely make more staff get vaccinated.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"If you are off longer as you chose not to get vaccinated should you get paid for all the time off sick.

nobody, NHS or other, should get sick pay if off with covid and not vaccinated"

Should the same apply to any illness caused by something "avoidable"? Illnesses caused by smoking, drinking, obesity, unprotected sex, etc...

I think that it is important to remember, most people have contributed through their wages towards the "benefits" they are paid if they are sick. Sick pay isn't some bonus for being good, it's a necessity to allow people to pay their bills & eat.

Cal

Manchester

"If you are off longer as you chose not to get vaccinated should you get paid for all the time off sick.

Should the same apply to any illness caused by something "avoidable"? Illnesses caused by smoking, drinking, obesity, unprotected sex, etc...

I think that it is important to remember, most people have contributed through their wages towards the "benefits" they are paid if they are sick. Sick pay isn't some bonus for being good, it's a necessity to allow people to pay their bills & eat.

Cal"

Yes they have contributed through wages and the NHS has provided the fix (vaccine) from that contribution, why should they be allowed "two bites of the cherry"?

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Would you like to see smokers with lung cancer get no sick pay while they are off work getting treatment? How about someone who falls over pissed and injures themselves should they get sick pay? How about people who are so fat they cant move should they not get sickness benefit

borehamwood

Cal

Yes they have contributed through wages and the NHS has provided the fix (vaccine) from that contribution, why should they be allowed "two bites of the cherry"?"

its not a fix though dosent stop you catching or spreading it or getting sick,if it done those things then mabey and thats a very small mabey

Manchester

"Would you like to see smokers with lung cancer get no sick pay while they are off work getting treatment? How about someone who falls over pissed and injures themselves should they get sick pay? How about people who are so fat they cant move should they not get sickness benefit"

Any of the above should maybe get a reduced payment if any at all, certainly injury from being pi$$ed should not get paid sick pay. IMHO

Manchester

Cal

Yes they have contributed through wages and the NHS has provided the fix (vaccine) from that contribution, why should they be allowed "two bites of the cherry"?its not a fix though dosent stop you catching or spreading it or getting sick,if it done those things then mabey and thats a very small mabey"

Agreed but we are talking about time off sick with pay and it is proven having the vaccine drastically reduces the sickness and severity of the illness

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Unbelievable you even asked the question.... OP

By *readsOfValhallaCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

Do your research,I mean actually research things don't just follow what you've heard or a headline you've swiped past and you'll realise how silly this thread is. Like actually pick apart how ridiculous and how broad a range you would have to cover in order for it to be non discriminating against a certain individual. So all people who have time off for cancer treatment who have lung cancer largely due to smoking shouldn't have sick pay either. If you have a sexually transmitted disease and need time off....you get my point. I don't get sick pay as I'm self employed so none of it matters to me either way, the right to Freedom of choose however does affect me.

By *rMrsRichCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouh

"Do your research,I mean actually research things don't just follow what you've heard or a headline you've swiped past and you'll realise how silly this thread is. Like actually pick apart how ridiculous and how broad a range you would have to cover in order for it to be non discriminating against a certain individual. So all people who have time off for cancer treatment who have lung cancer largely due to smoking shouldn't have sick pay either. If you have a sexually transmitted disease and need time off....you get my point. I don't get sick pay as I'm self employed so none of it matters to me either way, the right to Freedom of choose however does affect me."

Exactly this. People need to get their heads out of the newspapers.

There aren’t very many ‘illnesses’ that aren’t self inflicted or man made.

I bet the OP drives a car (how selfish) eats salt/sugar/sat fat (how selfish!) etc etc…

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Of course they should get sick pay.

Manchester

"Do your research,I mean actually research things don't just follow what you've heard or a headline you've swiped past and you'll realise how silly this thread is. Like actually pick apart how ridiculous and how broad a range you would have to cover in order for it to be non discriminating against a certain individual. So all people who have time off for cancer treatment who have lung cancer largely due to smoking shouldn't have sick pay either. If you have a sexually transmitted disease and need time off....you get my point. I don't get sick pay as I'm self employed so none of it matters to me either way, the right to Freedom of choose however does affect me.

I bet the OP drives a car (how selfish) eats salt/sugar/sat fat (how selfish!) etc etc… "

So you agree if these people didn't have cars, (better emissions for the environment) and healthier workforce if they stopped eating salt/sugar/ sat fats?

Makes perfect sense instead of rewarding them with sick pay

Bournemouh

"Do your research,I mean actually research things don't just follow what you've heard or a headline you've swiped past and you'll realise how silly this thread is. Like actually pick apart how ridiculous and how broad a range you would have to cover in order for it to be non discriminating against a certain individual. So all people who have time off for cancer treatment who have lung cancer largely due to smoking shouldn't have sick pay either. If you have a sexually transmitted disease and need time off....you get my point. I don't get sick pay as I'm self employed so none of it matters to me either way, the right to Freedom of choose however does affect me.

I bet the OP drives a car (how selfish) eats salt/sugar/sat fat (how selfish!) etc etc…

So you agree if these people didn't have cars, (better emissions for the environment) and healthier workforce if they stopped eating salt/sugar/ sat fats?

Makes perfect sense instead of rewarding them with sick pay"

What was the question? I can see the words “so you agree if…” and I can see a question mark but there’s no actual question?

Bournemouh

Anyway regardless of the strange post let me clarify my comment

I think it is hypocritical for someone to suggest denying someone sick pay based on a perceived self infliction of an illness while sitting in their glass house.

My personal opinion of whether people should get sick pay or not (regardless of their ailment) I have not shared.

Manchester

What was the question? I can see the words “so you agree if…” and I can see a question mark but there’s no actual question? "

The question was you agree it's better for the environment and the workforce if no sick pay?

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Just going to repost something I put on another thread. Not going to rewrite to take account of the OP being about NHS workers and suck pay but the sentiment is all still relevant...

So what about people in hospital due to adverse reactions to the vaccine (that they chose to have)? Presume you would not pull those out of ICU because their choice aligned with yours?

What about all the obese people who are being more seriously affected by Covid despite being vaccinated? Or the smokers? After all they made the choice to continue being overweight or smoke, despite us knowing for over 18mths that their lifestyle choices put them at significantly higher risk of serious illness or dying of Covid?

How about all the vaccinated people who stopped taking any precautions once jabbed. Partying (swinging included), not wearing masks, going to the pub etc. We all know the vaccines reduce the risk but we also know they do not remotely eradicate the risk. In fact due to reduced symptoms many do not even know they are ill and walk around spreading it. Well they all made choices too so shall we pull them out of ICU?

OP and those who agree (to not giving sick pay) give your heads a wobble. In 2020 you were probably standing on your doorstep clapping for these NHS workers!

Brighton

*sick pay not suck (though this is a swinger site)

Bournemouh

What was the question? I can see the words “so you agree if…” and I can see a question mark but there’s no actual question?

The question was you agree it's better for the environment and the workforce if no sick pay?"

That’s a ridiculous question and has no bearing on what I said whatsoever.

Manchester

I think it is hypocritical for someone to suggest denying someone sick pay based on a perceived self infliction of an illness while sitting in their glass house.

My personal opinion of whether people should get sick pay or not (regardless of their ailment) I have not shared. "

Who is in this "glass house" you mention?

Bournemouh

"Just going to repost something I put on another thread. Not going to rewrite to take account of the OP being about NHS workers and suck pay but the sentiment is all still relevant...

So what about people in hospital due to adverse reactions to the vaccine (that they chose to have)? Presume you would not pull those out of ICU because their choice aligned with yours?

What about all the obese people who are being more seriously affected by Covid despite being vaccinated? Or the smokers? After all they made the choice to continue being overweight or smoke, despite us knowing for over 18mths that their lifestyle choices put them at significantly higher risk of serious illness or dying of Covid?

How about all the vaccinated people who stopped taking any precautions once jabbed. Partying (swinging included), not wearing masks, going to the pub etc. We all know the vaccines reduce the risk but we also know they do not remotely eradicate the risk. In fact due to reduced symptoms many do not even know they are ill and walk around spreading it. Well they all made choices too so shall we pull them out of ICU?

OP and those who agree (to not giving sick pay) give your heads a wobble. In 2020 you were probably standing on your doorstep clapping for these NHS workers! "

Bournemouh

My personal opinion of whether people should get sick pay or not (regardless of their ailment) I have not shared.

Who is in this "glass house" you mention?"

Oh for goodness sake. The person suggesting that non vaccinated people should be denied sick pay despite (I’m almost certain of it) doing things that can cause illness or put them in a position where they require sick pay themselves (such as driving/eating salt/sugar/sat fats) Etc

Brighton

"Totally agree. Personally I think all NHS should be vaccinated. If I had a relative being cared for by someone who had not had the vaccine, they then caught it and passed it to my relative who dies from it, then I believe they should be charged with manslaughter. This threat would surely make more staff get vaccinated."

When caring for your relative the vaccine status of the NHS workers should be irrelevant. What matters is current clear tests. A vaccinated person is far more likely to be carrying covid with no symptoms and therefore not know they are “ill” whereas an unvaccinated person is far more likely to develop symptoms and therefore know they are ill! I suspect anyone working in the NHS is hyper aware of what to look out for and their duty of care to others!

Manchester

Oh for goodness sake. The person suggesting that non vaccinated people should be denied sick pay despite (I’m almost certain of it) doing things that can cause illness or put them in a position where they require sick pay themselves (such as driving/eating salt/sugar/sat fats) Etc "

So your assuming "the person" isn't prepared to take less or no sick pay if applicable?

Bournemouh

Oh for goodness sake. The person suggesting that non vaccinated people should be denied sick pay despite (I’m almost certain of it) doing things that can cause illness or put them in a position where they require sick pay themselves (such as driving/eating salt/sugar/sat fats) Etc

So your assuming "the person" isn't prepared to take less or no sick pay if applicable?"

Yes I am assuming that considering “the person” has only suggested that unvaccinated people (I’m also assuming they mean unvaccinated against covid - just to be 100% clear of all of the assumptions I’ve made before suggesting it’s a stupid idea) should be denied sick pay.

What do you even mean “if applicable” unless said person lives in a bubble then it will always be applicable. As I said there aren’t many illnesses or ailments that aren’t self inflicted or man made.

By *ondoner27Man  over a year ago

london

Of course they should still get sick pay. Some people really are absolute idiots. Do you really believe this kind of nonsense? Or you just looking for a pat on the back?

Manchester

So your assuming "the person" isn't prepared to take less or no sick pay if applicable?

Yes I am assuming that considering “the person” has only suggested that unvaccinated people (I’m also assuming they mean unvaccinated against covid - just to be 100% clear of all of the assumptions I’ve made before suggesting it’s a stupid idea) should be denied sick pay.

What do you even mean “if applicable” unless said person lives in a bubble then it will always be applicable. As I said there aren’t many illnesses or ailments that aren’t self inflicted or man made. "

I was under the impression you don't have to smoke to get cancer, pedestrians can get knocked over by a car, mental health won't be self inflicted, there is plenty. I also know people who don't drink, drive and are slim, but they still have to pay the same contributions as fat piss heads who drive d*unk.

london

"Totally agree. Personally I think all NHS should be vaccinated. If I had a relative being cared for by someone who had not had the vaccine, they then caught it and passed it to my relative who dies from it, then I believe they should be charged with manslaughter. This threat would surely make more staff get vaccinated."

So I assume you can prove exactly where and when you caught it? What test would you use for that? You haven’t thought this through at all have you?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Yes.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Of course they should x

Bournemouh

[Removed by poster at 01/02/22 08:02:25]

Cal

Yes they have contributed through wages and the NHS has provided the fix (vaccine) from that contribution, why should they be allowed "two bites of the cherry"?its not a fix though dosent stop you catching or spreading it or getting sick,if it done those things then mabey and thats a very small mabey

Agreed but we are talking about time off sick with pay and it is proven having the vaccine drastically reduces the sickness and severity of the illness"

You mean for some people. I personally know many people who are vaxed and suffered far more with being infected than others i know who aren't. Close family members that were unwell for 4 weeks had been vaxed the others in family not vaxed unwell for between 2 and 5 days.

If you are unhealthy through your own lifestyle choices then you should be thrown on the rubbish pile with all the unclean unvaxed.

Its just another very poor coercion taktic by members of the public who cannot accept others have different opinions and knowledge.

Peace and love

Bournemouh

What do you even mean “if applicable” unless said person lives in a bubble then it will always be applicable. As I said there aren’t many illnesses or ailments that aren’t self inflicted or man made.

I was under the impression you don't have to smoke to get cancer, pedestrians can get knocked over by a car, mental health won't be self inflicted, there is plenty. I also know people who don't drink, drive and are slim, but they still have to pay the same contributions as fat piss heads who drive d*unk."

Ok reposting this without the rude comment at the end. Because I’m not that person (I just find you infuriating)

You don’t have to smoke to get cancer. But if you think smoking is the only cause of self inflicted / man made cancer then I’m not even sure I can continue responding to you. We are on completely different levels of understanding and logic.

ALL cancer is man made. It’s not a disease that just fell out of a tree. The people who don’t drink/drive and are slim 100% still do things that cause illness. The pedestrian that got hit by a car could of prevented it by not going out! This is the kind of logic the OP is using here by the simple un thought through statement about not paying sick pay to unvaccinated people.

He’s implying that there is a way to prevent being I’ll with covid.

There is a way to prevent every single thing you’ve just mentioned as being a viable reason to get sick pay.

london

I was under the impression you don't have to smoke to get cancer, pedestrians can get knocked over by a car, mental health won't be self inflicted, there is plenty. I also know people who don't drink, drive and are slim, but they still have to pay the same contributions as fat piss heads who drive d*unk.

Ok reposting this without the rude comment at the end. Because I’m not that person (I just find you infuriating)

You don’t have to smoke to get cancer. But if you think smoking is the only cause of self inflicted / man made cancer then I’m not even sure I can continue responding to you. We are on completely different levels of understanding and logic.

ALL cancer is man made. It’s not a disease that just fell out of a tree. The people who don’t drink/drive and are slim 100% still do things that cause illness. The pedestrian that got hit by a car could of prevented it by not going out! This is the kind of logic the OP is using here by the simple un thought through statement about not paying sick pay to unvaccinated people.

There is a way to prevent every single thing you’ve just mentioned as being a viable reason to get sick pay."

Great post

Manchester

There is a way to prevent every single thing you’ve just mentioned as being a viable reason to get sick pay."

Let's do this differently if the UK state benefits system wasn't so generous people would make different lifestyle choices. The UK has made a rod for it's own back.

I see you removed the insult, i will take that as an apology

Bournemouh

There is a way to prevent every single thing you’ve just mentioned as being a viable reason to get sick pay.

Let's do this differently if the UK state benefits system wasn't so generous people would make different lifestyle choices. The UK has made a rod for it's own back.

I see you removed the insult, i will take that as an apology"

You can indeed take that as an apology. As I said I am not that person. I let frustration get the better of me. (Because you clearly aren’t understanding what I’m trying to say and our debate keeps drifting because of that)

I do not disagree with the statement you’ve just made here. However, it is not the statement that I am contradicting. It is not a point I am trying to deny or justify.

I simply pointed out the hypocrisy of the OP and anyone else who agrees with that as a stand alone statement.

By *miableRogueMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

First 3 posts in this thread

Shut this fuckin’ forum down

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

The same people who we stood on the street and clapped for as they worked long shifts to try and serve us the best they can, the same people who who we have used their strengths and expertise to get through the winter without needing them to be jabbed, are now the ones that people want to make life more difficult for.

I think we should show some respect for them and their choices.

I believe if they really were such a high risk to their patients, then they would have had to stay home from the beginning until they were jabbed.

By *ani8408TV/TS  over a year ago

Greenfield

Wow its truly disturbing you think like that. Those same nurses put their lives on the line when there wasn't a vaccine

[Removed by poster at 01/02/22 08:26:02]

If an armed robber gets shot by the police he would get treatment on the nhs

If a fat woman or man needs treatment they would get treatment on the nhs

If a self harmer needed treatment they would get treatment on the nhs

Stop this insane covid hyperbole,it’s project fear and nothing more , created by politicians to show they posses power

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Yes, full sick pay for all. Rights are essential and shouldn't be considered easily disposable.

Cal

Yes they have contributed through wages and the NHS has provided the fix (vaccine) from that contribution, why should they be allowed "two bites of the cherry"?"

What fix? As clearly the last wave all over the world made vaccinated just as sick as unvaccinated.

The hate is unbelievable

By *irtyd468Man  over a year ago

North

Yes they should.

If a child falls off their bike and breaks their arm should they not recieve treatment for putting themselves in danger.

If your playing football rock climbing potholing paragliding or just going out for a drive in your car should you not get help if something goes wrong.

Cal

Yes they have contributed through wages and the NHS has provided the fix (vaccine) from that contribution, why should they be allowed "two bites of the cherry"?its not a fix though dosent stop you catching or spreading it or getting sick,if it done those things then mabey and thats a very small mabey

Agreed but we are talking about time off sick with pay and it is proven having the vaccine drastically reduces the sickness and severity of the illness

You mean for some people. I personally know many people who are vaxed and suffered far more with being infected than others i know who aren't. Close family members that were unwell for 4 weeks had been vaxed the others in family not vaxed unwell for between 2 and 5 days.

If you are unhealthy through your own lifestyle choices then you should be thrown on the rubbish pile with all the unclean unvaxed.

Its just another very poor coercion taktic by members of the public who cannot accept others have different opinions and knowledge.

Peace and love

"

It’s like a ponzi scheme for retards. I don’t see anyone as a retard for their choices but their thinking shows itself for what it is.

By *ingle To MingleMan  over a year ago

Swalwell

[Removed by poster at 01/02/22 08:51:44]

london

"Yes, full sick pay for all. Rights are essential and shouldn't be considered easily disposable. "

Well said. Shocking and disheartening to see so many in favour of removing people’s rights

By *ingle To MingleMan  over a year ago

Swalwell

Although I can see the points being raised, I do think that only allowing treatment on the NHS where there can be no blame placed upon the patient (none vaccinated, obesity, drug and alcohol, car accidents without due care, people who didn't exercise enough, people who have STIs without using protection, sunstroke without any sunscreen etc etc) will only result in the further privatisation of an institution that at its core is designed to treat everybody for free at the point of service, with the intention of improve the lives of all within society.

And before anyone asks - yes I am NHS and yes I am fully vaccinated.

It's not about me, it's about what works.

"If you are off longer as you chose not to get vaccinated should you get paid for all the time off sick."

Yes rights are for all no matter what the circumstances, history shows that those who call for removal of rights for the minority, become the most affected.

so be careful what you wish for.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

There is a theme that runs through this thread by the people who are against unvaccinated NHS staff receiving sick pay.

You see sick pay as a reward, it was even referred to as a reward.

Do you really think NHS staff who contract covid think like that?

Some views here belong back in victorian times.....

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Yes, they should get sick pay, as should anyone else who has paid into the system.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Demonising nhs staff who have not been vaccinated is disgusting. Working on the front line admin or clinical is bloody difficult.

Brighton

"There is a theme that runs through this thread by the people who are against unvaccinated NHS staff receiving sick pay.

You see sick pay as a reward, it was even referred to as a reward.

Do you really think NHS staff who contract covid think like that?

Some views here belong back in victorian times....."

Spot on

Turkeys voting for xmas! Bonfire of our human, civil and employment rights.

How about nhs staff who smoke and have lung issues. Should we not pay them too... or over weight staff who have health issues let's not pay them either

The theme I see, is I have had to have the jab, so you have to have it too!

If you don't have the jab I will punish you, so you have to take it or else, sounds like the playground.

Manchester

Cal

Yes they have contributed through wages and the NHS has provided the fix (vaccine) from that contribution, why should they be allowed "two bites of the cherry"?

What fix? As clearly the last wave all over the world made vaccinated just as sick as unvaccinated.

The hate is unbelievable "

I don't hate anybody, do you?

Hastings

And you do know the vaccinated can still catch it and spread it right

Hastings

Cal"

I pay NI the same as most but I don't get sick pay.

If you are more inclined to be off work without the vaccine should the tax payer pick up the bill same for all government employees realy

Yes, as if not, that would be discrimination.

Hastings

Cal

Agreed but we are talking about time off sick with pay and it is proven having the vaccine drastically reduces the sickness and severity of the illness"

And that is the point thank you

Brighton

Cal

If you are more inclined to be off work without the vaccine should the tax payer pick up the bill same for all government employees realy "

Aha I knew the real/underlying reason behind your question would surface eventually. An anti public sector stance. You probably also cheer when there are pay freezes and pension reductions in the public sector. Are you one of those people who honestly thinks it is only those in the private sector who work hard and deserve reward?

The data on sickness in the NHS roughly equates to just over 1 day a year per employee. Not exactly milking it are they!

"nobody, NHS or other, should get sick pay if off with covid and not vaccinated"

Ok boomer

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"Do your research,I mean actually research things don't just follow what you've heard or a headline you've swiped past and you'll realise how silly this thread is. Like actually pick apart how ridiculous and how broad a range you would have to cover in order for it to be non discriminating against a certain individual. So all people who have time off for cancer treatment who have lung cancer largely due to smoking shouldn't have sick pay either. If you have a sexually transmitted disease and need time off....you get my point. I don't get sick pay as I'm self employed so none of it matters to me either way, the right to Freedom of choose however does affect me."
This .

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"Totally agree. Personally I think all NHS should be vaccinated. If I had a relative being cared for by someone who had not had the vaccine, they then caught it and passed it to my relative who dies from it, then I believe they should be charged with manslaughter. This threat would surely make more staff get vaccinated.

When caring for your relative the vaccine status of the NHS workers should be irrelevant. What matters is current clear tests. A vaccinated person is far more likely to be carrying covid with no symptoms and therefore not know they are “ill” whereas an unvaccinated person is far more likely to develop symptoms and therefore know they are ill! I suspect anyone working in the NHS is hyper aware of what to look out for and their duty of care to others!"

This .

Hastings

Cal

If you are more inclined to be off work without the vaccine should the tax payer pick up the bill same for all government employees realy

Aha I knew the real/underlying reason behind your question would surface eventually. An anti public sector stance. You probably also cheer when there are pay freezes and pension reductions in the public sector. Are you one of those people who honestly thinks it is only those in the private sector who work hard and deserve reward?

The data on sickness in the NHS roughly equates to just over 1 day a year per employee. Not exactly milking it are they!"

Not realy as wife is a RMN for a NHS hospital so she dose get sick pay. So as a house hold balanced

I’ve had two vaccines and a booster and still caught it and had to isolate for the full 10 days. So vaccinated or not you still have to isolate if you catch it

By *ngel696969Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

You cannot pinpoint who has got vaccinated or not plus, obviously by the amount of times this has been discussed, I thought you'd be well aware that the vaccine does not stop anyone getting covid or passing it on to others. It's three to protect or lessen the symptoms for the vaccinated person not anyone else. If a vaccinated person contracted covid then passed it on unknowingly, would that be alright then?

Of course, the alternative being that there's not enough staff to look after your relative so what's the end result?

yes they should there desision to get jabed or not

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Vaccinated staff can still contract covid and be off sick. A number of my fully vaxxed colleagues have been off for 2 weeks with it. A couole were off for more than a month.

How is that fair?

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

Yes.

By *2123Man  over a year ago

All over

Yes 100%

It would be only fair as they are doing overtime now to cover the vaccinated off with COVID.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Totally

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

I'm vaxxed and boosted and will only get a pathetic £96 a week to live on. I'd get more money on the dole. This is disgusting.

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

Wow ....love some of the support for NHS on this thread....Jeez whilst you all worked safely in the cocoon of your own houses, we were out fighting this before vaccines were even developed. I think some of you should think back to early 2020 and remember how we battled hourly to save peoples lives, without even the hint of a vaccine, and continue battling.

It's very hurtful to read how people disrespect the NHS

By *aked2sumCouple  over a year ago

on the coast

it is your choice to vaccinate or not and as an employee whether it be NHS or not is your contactial right to sick pay or not!

Wow, one day you may need our services. What an absolutely abhorrent, thing to threaten those who put their lives on the line to save yours. Bloody hell mate

By *otswoldguy911Man  over a year ago

gloucestershire

Nice way to treat hero’s isn’t it ?

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

Sick pay isn't a reward.

If you adjusted your perception of what sick pay is, you'd see how deeply flawed your suggestion is.

Winston

By *otswoldguy911Man  over a year ago

gloucestershire

"Wow ....love some of the support for NHS on this thread....Jeez whilst you all worked safely in the cocoon of your own houses, we were out fighting this before vaccines were even developed. I think some of you should think back to early 2020 and remember how we battled hourly to save peoples lives, without even the hint of a vaccine, and continue battling.

It's very hurtful to read how people disrespect the NHS "

Don’t listen to them they are trolls … NHS deserve double pay no matter vaccine status …

"Wow ....love some of the support for NHS on this thread....Jeez whilst you all worked safely in the cocoon of your own houses, we were out fighting this before vaccines were even developed. I think some of you should think back to early 2020 and remember how we battled hourly to save peoples lives, without even the hint of a vaccine, and continue battling.

It's very hurtful to read how people disrespect the NHS

Don’t listen to them they are trolls … NHS deserve double pay no matter vaccine status … "

Thank you. Xxxxx Suzi

By *ayboii2018_12Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

Yes all staff should receive sick pay regardless of their vaccination status.

These vaccines don't completely stop infection. You can be boosted and still get it.

Making the vaccine mandatory for NHS and other healthcare staff isn't on either. You can't dictate to someone how they look after their status. We should all have a right to choose especially in regards to their health and freedom of choice. I highly doubt the people who are for mandatory vaccinations wouldn't like it if there backs were put up to a wall and forced to do something or loose their jobs.

I think covid and the current government has a lot to answer for and how it's split our society and caused so much hate towards eachother.

I'm jabbed and I work in care. My choice. If you're not vaccinated, it's cool I'm not bothered. No judgement from me x

By *ayboii2018_12Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

[Removed by poster at 01/02/22 23:23:36]

Yawn! It’s a slippery slope that I’m not in support of. Nobody knows peoples reasons so it’s not for me to judge. Nurses are badly paid as it is so I won’t support a move that means they lose money! I’m fully vaccinated but I believe in choice!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I think it’s an interesting topic… because what we are talking about is the difference between work sick pay and statutory sick pay…. In the private sector if you get extra benefits under health insurance cover, then the business may be being charged a higher rate for those unvaccinated rather than vaccinated…

So do you pass those on those higher payments by paying people slightly less… or do you give them less cover because in effect they are higher risk for the same money…..

By *erlins5Man  over a year ago

South Fife

Cal

NHS also supplies assistance to give up smoking, free condoms, dieticians etc. etc

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Then they will work when they are sick....

By *irtycumboCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Why not?? Don't ppl who are vaxxed take time off work with COVID? I had COVID and had 0 symptoms.....my friend has it and is vaxxed and has been gubbed for weeks......so where's the actual proof it lowers the symptoms

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

Of course they should!

The vaccine is not mandatory and people shouldn't be punished for not having it.

By *otyouraverageABCMan  over a year ago

Southeast

Yes of course they should.I'm not someone who is against vaccines, however- We should stop with the divisiveness. Enough of the divide and rule agenda under the establishment Tory party as it is.

After all unvaccinated NHS staff were were all cheering and clapping for at 8pm and considered heroes then, so would utter hypocritical if we demonise them now if they have chosen what to do with their own bodies.

Tin town

Also. Not sure why some people, including some in leadership roles seem hell bent on throwing more and more things at us to divide us. And many folks seem very happy to jump on that bandwagon. Whatever happened to working and living together and supporting eachother in times of need?

By *inxnmasterCouple  over a year ago

naughty valley

"Also. Not sure why some people, including some in leadership roles seem hell bent on throwing more and more things at us to divide us. And many folks seem very happy to jump on that bandwagon. Whatever happened to working and living together and supporting eachother in times of need? "

cannot agree more with your statement . Yet another divisive thread -for what purpose … ?

"Also. Not sure why some people, including some in leadership roles seem hell bent on throwing more and more things at us to divide us. And many folks seem very happy to jump on that bandwagon. Whatever happened to working and living together and supporting eachother in times of need?

cannot agree more with your statement . Yet another divisive thread -for what purpose … ?"

Totally agree!

By *wings_n_RoundaboutsMan  over a year ago

The North

Hahahahahahahahahaha

By *wings_n_RoundaboutsMan  over a year ago

The North

"Just going to repost something I put on another thread. Not going to rewrite to take account of the OP being about NHS workers and suck pay but the sentiment is all still relevant...

OP and those who agree (to not giving sick pay) give your heads a wobble. In 2020 you were probably standing on your doorstep clapping for these NHS workers! "

Great Post.

Some of the responses on here are very scary. What's even worse these people would probably call themselves Libertarians

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

Sick pay is for sick people

Like most people, NHS get full pay for a term then half pay and if they are off long term they will have their contract terminated so it's in their interest to be vaccinated for a disease they will be in daily contact with.

"Sick pay is for sick people

Like most people, NHS get full pay for a term then half pay and if they are off long term they will have their contract terminated so it's in their interest to be vaccinated for a disease they will be in daily contact with."

If the vaccine prevented the disease.

But currently it doesn't.

By *erlins5Man  over a year ago

South Fife

[Removed by poster at 02/02/22 11:23:03]

By *ornywelsh2sumCouple  over a year ago

Neath valley.

Or cause more staff to leave a already struggling nhs.

By *ornywelsh2sumCouple  over a year ago

Neath valley.

OP and those who agree (to not giving sick pay) give your heads a wobble. In 2020 you were probably standing on your doorstep clapping for these NHS workers!

Great Post.

Some of the responses on here are very scary. What's even worse these people would probably call themselves Libertarians "

and be the first to moan when there are fewer doctors abd nurses who say fuck it and leave the nhs rather than be forced to have tje jab. Wake up ffs. If it was not for these people vaccinated or not being there on the front line the last 2yrs many more would have died. Next time you are clapping for nhs go hang your heads in shame ffs.

By *edonandHellCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Just enjoy life and stop worrying what others are doing.

Covid is here to stay so the sooner we crack on the better.

Alot of other sick people sat at home who can't get appointments or medical treatment because we are too fixed on covid.

I keep my nose out and let everyone else do what they need to do.

Got one life to enjoy ourselves so let make sure we go out on a good bang.

Tin town

Like most people, NHS get full pay for a term then half pay and if they are off long term they will have their contract terminated so it's in their interest to be vaccinated for a disease they will be in daily contact with."

Yes, key thing being it may be in their interests... Given as you say they have been in daily contact with this disease for the last two years. If they haven't caught it by now what would lead anyone to think they will catch it in the next 2 years?

If, if, if arguments need to have a bit more substance when it comes to forcibly removing someone from their job.

if the government make the rules to isolate then yeah they should get paid. ive not had any jabs, my family have yet they were a lot worse off then me when we got it and you still spread it vaccinated so who are they protecting getting vaccinated?

all around

"if the government make the rules to isolate then yeah they should get paid. ive not had any jabs, my family have yet they were a lot worse off then me when we got it and you still spread it vaccinated so who are they protecting getting vaccinated?"

The vaccine protects those that need protection, it affects people different and anyone that can't look at the hospitalisation and death rates and see that is blind or

all around

Like most people, NHS get full pay for a term then half pay and if they are off long term they will have their contract terminated so it's in their interest to be vaccinated for a disease they will be in daily contact with.

But currently it doesn't."

FACT CHECK

Vaccines don't prevent disease on their own

By *tevied1976Man  over a year ago

gloucester

I like this type of thread, it helps me populate my block list with people I would never want to communicate with and certainly not meet.

There are some post on here with little thought of the reality of what they are saying.

I have to believe that the extreme views in these posts are just made to provoke a greater response.

Some of the ideas proposed are just too stupid to be workable.

By *tevied1976Man  over a year ago

gloucester

I have to ask; if your relative was only cared for by vaccinated staff and contracted and died from COVID, should the vaccinated person be charged with manslaughter?

Oh, and what if you passed it on to your relative? Perhaps you have been vaccinated and the personal protection that it has offered you masks your COVID symptoms and you inadvertently pass it to your relative who then dies. I presume you will hand yourself over to the police with a full confessions. You will, won't you?

FACT CHECK

Vaccines don't prevent disease on their own"

Fact Check

They always used to!

Tin town

FACT CHECK

Vaccines don't prevent disease on their own

Fact Check

They always used to!"

Yes...im not sure if the debate or language used has moved on... But Im not sure if they were misrepresented in the past or we just didn't ask such probing question s... But I'm not sure when my kids had the polio and mmr Jabs it was communicated that "it won't stop them from catching it but will reduce the chances of serious illness in the event they do catch it"... Will be interesting to see the harm to other vaccine take up this episode will cause.

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

Either working for NHS, care in community or care home all should be vaccinated to protect not only themselves but others. Sadly I lost my mum 2yrs this June not covid she fell fractured hip passed away 3weeks later.

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

Never got to see her on 90th birthday but 2 days before Boris having a party????????????????

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

So what would you have said 2 years ago if all nhs staff said fuck it, im not working till i get a vax, and left your relative to die alone as no staff.

[Removed by poster at 02/02/22 16:19:10]

your the one that needs help there's still time for mental health counselling

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

If your relative hadn't had the vaccine do you think the NHS should refuse them care? And if they did pass it on to the staff and kill them do you think your relative should be charged with manslaughter?

borehamwood

"Either working for NHS, care in community or care home all should be vaccinated to protect not only themselves but others. Sadly I lost my mum 2yrs this June not covid she fell fractured hip passed away 3weeks later.

"

you do realise the vax stops the person having it from getting seriously ill thats it,ya can still catch it and spread it so as long as the person being treated is vaxxed it shouldnt matter if the health worker is or isnt

Nonsense post. Remember, it's people's right to choose. Because one agrees doesn't mean everyone has to. Just pot stirring.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Cal

NHS also supplies assistance to give up smoking, free condoms, dieticians etc. etc "

That's true, they are called Health Trainers. I should know.

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

What about people with exemptions?

Tin town

What about people with exemptions?"

What about people who have had "nature's vaccine" and have antibodies..?

What about those for whom the vaccine does not work?

What about those who have had a vaccine but its no longer effective (ie greater than 3 months ago).

What about those infected with a variant / sub variant which the vaccine is minimally effective for?

What about those with a vax but who go to work sick and spread it?

It's just causing an argument where none needs to happen.

By *akedduo66Couple  over a year ago

Near Bordon

Apologies if I'm being thick but is my vaccination status personal medical information and can I refuse to reveal my status when asked , legally ?.

By *unkym34Man  over a year ago

London

nobody who is off with Covid and is vaccinated should get sick pay. Nobody who is off sick from having the vaccine should get sick pay

London

What about people with exemptions?

What about people who have had "nature's vaccine" and have antibodies..?

What about those for whom the vaccine does not work?

What about those who have had a vaccine but its no longer effective (ie greater than 3 months ago).

What about those infected with a variant / sub variant which the vaccine is minimally effective for?

What about those with a vax but who go to work sick and spread it?

It's just causing an argument where none needs to happen. "

I totally agree my previous comment was designed to pretty much get that point over. No one should be treated different when it comes to sick pay.

London

yep and what about a I’ll relative who is vaccinated and needs hospital treatment but has covid we should be ban them from using the hospitals through fear they may spread covid to some one.

London

Cal

they are not having two bites of the cherry they have saved money by not having the vaccine

London

Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons on the post how about this. Anyone who is vaccinated but catches covid and needs hospital treatment should be put down as they are clearly a burden on society.

Honestly these threads are made up from people with to much time on their hands.

London

Cal

let’s just remember most people who have had covid would quite happily go about their normal life and go to work the reason they don’t is cause it is mandate that they can not.

London

24 March can not come soon enough

think these Covid posts should be banned from Fab they are turning the community against each other

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"think these Covid posts should be banned from Fab they are turning the community against each other"

It's posted getting forum bingo cards filled quickly about every other day.

They would litter the Lounge and Clubs sections, without this here. Brexit did the same until they added a Politics forum section.

Keep it here, whilst it's an important topic for some

Brighton

"Also. Not sure why some people, including some in leadership roles seem hell bent on throwing more and more things at us to divide us. And many folks seem very happy to jump on that bandwagon. Whatever happened to working and living together and supporting eachother in times of need? "

Bread and circuses. As long as we are focused on fighting each other we are too distracted to focus on what is really happening such as...

1) The largest transfer of state assets into private hands in history.

2) Corruption and cronyism at a level never before even envisaged.

3) The slow gradual erosion of workers, citizen and human rights.

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

"Also. Not sure why some people, including some in leadership roles seem hell bent on throwing more and more things at us to divide us. And many folks seem very happy to jump on that bandwagon. Whatever happened to working and living together and supporting eachother in times of need?

Bread and circuses. As long as we are focused on fighting each other we are too distracted to focus on what is really happening such as...

3) The slow gradual erosion of workers, citizen and human rights."

May I add that it is all legitimised through the ballot box and your right to vote for it.

Brighton

May I add that it is all legitimised through the ballot box and your right to vote for it. "

Yep so anyone who voted for this corrupt slime ridden govt purely on the promise to “get brexit done” then this is also partly on you.

Before people shout - “nothing to do with brexit” or “how could we have foreseen” you could easily have looked at the track record of Johnson and all those likely to be in his Cabinet.

Before people shout - “but Jeremy Corbyn etc etc” you could have not voted or spoiled your ballot paper thereby removing the perceived popular mandate Johnson thought he had.

borehamwood

May I add that it is all legitimised through the ballot box and your right to vote for it.

Yep so anyone who voted for this corrupt slime ridden govt purely on the promise to “get brexit done” then this is also partly on you.

Before people shout - “nothing to do with brexit” or “how could we have foreseen” you could easily have looked at the track record of Johnson and all those likely to be in his Cabinet.

Before people shout - “but Jeremy Corbyn etc etc” you could have not voted or spoiled your ballot paper thereby removing the perceived popular mandate Johnson thought he had."

ive done exactly that for years aint even registerd although have been told numerous times on here i should be ashamed of myself as people died for my right to vote,im pretty sure those people would of also said i have every right not to vote

By *AW SEXCouple  over a year ago

bangor

There are some really vile people on here now days.

By *utlongjohnMan  over a year ago

close

So for all you people saying the unvaxed shouldnt get sick pay... would you not allow these same people to look after you or a loved one? If you needed an organ transplant but the only one suitable was from an unvaxed person you would decline it?

I dont think so!

dudley

Before people shout - “but Jeremy Corbyn etc etc” you could have not voted or spoiled your ballot paper thereby removing the perceived popular mandate Johnson thought he had.ive done exactly that for years aint even registerd although have been told numerous times on here i should be ashamed of myself as people died for my right to vote,im pretty sure those people would of also said i have every right not to vote"

I often question that statement.

people have given their life so a political party can take office and form a government

or people have given their life to get the right to vote because a political party or government does not afford you the right to choose who you are governed by.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Yes they should get sick pay. Do staff off with STI's get pick pay or only if they wore protection? Do staff off with food poisoning only get sick pay if they followed all food hygiene advice and standards? Do staff off with a foot infection from a wound get sick pay only if they can prove they had suitable safety shoes on?

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

Well if they arnt being paid for being sick might as well go home care for yourself comes to mind.

The nurses do a good job they should be paid the same wether injected or not.

Shame they was supplied with unfit for use ppe

you will find this under this heading

Partygate isn’t the only scandal the PM is facing today

health minister said 1.2 billion – purchased for an estimated £458m – are “deemed to be not fit for use

By *irtyold manMan  over a year ago

barnsley

Remember treet others difrent and its discrimination and can cost a lot of money in court .or are we going back 100 years no vote for women and gays sent to prison

Lets advance the human race not regress it back to discrimination

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"Remember treet others difrent and its discrimination and can cost a lot of money in court .or are we going back 100 years no vote for women and gays sent to prison

Lets advance the human race not regress it back to discrimination"

Apparently bullying in person, sacking and generally restricting people's lives based on their medical choices isn't discrimination at all! (one of very passionate forumites have enlightened me recently).

You live you learn.

By *inky_ragnarCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

You may be surprised to know that your employer is not obliged to pay you any sick pay, unless you are off for 4 or more days. Only has to pay you Statatory Sick Pay (currently £96 a week, up to 28 weeks) and they can claim that back from the government.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Yes, the same as they would if they were off with flu.

By *inky_ragnarCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

"ive done exactly that for years aint even registerd although have been told numerous times on here i should be ashamed of myself as people died for my right to vote,im pretty sure those people would of also said i have every right not to vote"

Voting is a duty, if you choose not to partake you have no right to complain about anything political, because you have chosen to not participate.

Terra Firma

"ive done exactly that for years aint even registerd although have been told numerous times on here i should be ashamed of myself as people died for my right to vote,im pretty sure those people would of also said i have every right not to vote

Voting is a duty, if you choose not to partake you have no right to complain about anything political, because you have chosen to not participate."

Not voting does not exclude a person from politics.

Voting does not put a person in a special club, it affords you the right to choose a representative in parliament or local government that you would prefer to make decisions on your behalf. Your chosen representative may or may not win the majority of the vote, but whichever representative wins will represent the people in their constituency regardless of how they voted or if they didn't vote at all.

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

100% should get sick pay. No one should be forced to have it. They have just spent the last 2 year caring for everyone. Government have gave large percentage of people, 80% of their wage for siting at home.

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

Yes they should , taking away their option of wether they should take the vaccine or not should not affect their right to sick , nhs staff also pay nhi contributions

Unless unable to get vaccinated due to a medical reason. Like a proper medical need where having the vaccine could prove dangerous.

If i was their boss, id now be looking for ways to get rid of them unnoficially.

Solve that particular problem once and for all!

Also give a bunch of bright new people, a chance to move up the ladder!

borehamwood

"ive done exactly that for years aint even registerd although have been told numerous times on here i should be ashamed of myself as people died for my right to vote,im pretty sure those people would of also said i have every right not to vote

Voting is a duty, if you choose not to partake you have no right to complain about anything political, because you have chosen to not participate."

lol i can complain about watever i want i pay tax so therefore pay there wages and no voting is not a duty its a choice

By *oyeuradventuresMan  over a year ago

southampton

Vaccinated or not you can still carry and pass it on..

It should remain a personal choice and not dictated by policy

Terra Firma

"If i was their boss, id now be looking for ways to get rid of them unnoficially.

Also give a bunch of bright new people, a chance to move up the ladder!"

Maybe this is the reason you are not their "boss"

dudley

when you vote you agree to accept the majority vote and policy of the winning political party, if you do complain are you not welching on a deal to accept the vote.the avenue you have is a visit to your mps surgery who may or may not treat you.

By *estrianguyMan  over a year ago

chester

If they don’t get sick pay why would they stay off there already poorly paid jobs the make more money working in another field most of them

I think if you contract covid you should stay home and get your sick pay. Vaxxed or not. By Staying home you're keeping your infection to yourself not spreading it to co-workers etc. Better 2/3 staff, for example, be off and it cost the company a small amount of sick pay, than people feeling the need to be in work, sick, because they cannot afford days off for being ill and then more of the work force is off sick due to covid spreading.

As long as they do a lateral flow everyday and are negative they have no more chance of passing it on than someone that has had their jabs and if pisitive they dont come to work

By *d6869Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"If i was their boss, id now be looking for ways to get rid of them unnoficially.

Also give a bunch of bright new people, a chance to move up the ladder!"

I feel sorry for you

Who was looking after the sick before the vaccinations while we were all in lockdown you lot have got some short memories did clapping them pay them sick pay shame on you

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

I’m self employed, what is this sick pay you speak of

Its quite a straightforward question to respond to. Rather than give just a yes, heres why I think it should be a yes.

As someone who supports and encourages vaccinations I would have with some degree of sadness supported mandatory vaccinations if the evidence supported them. As it is the evidence did not support mandatory vaccinations and they remain advisory (even though strongly advised by NHS professional bodies).

Whilst for now we live in a 'free' country and the vaccines are 'advisory'(or whatever word you want to use) nobody should be penalised for making a choice which differs from advice and is not law.

Sick pay is a contractual right, the government couldnt just make changes without agreement of the relevant unions and that would have been nigh on impossible to achieve. The professional bodies are against mandatory vaccinations but supportive of encouraging all staff to be vaccinated. A change to sick pay rules to the detriment of the 'un vaccinated' would be tantamount to a underhand 'mandate' which wouldnt, couldnt and shouldnt be accepted.

And what a pandoras box of tricks that would open for other illness's where staff have chosen not to follow health 'advice'. There would be HR departments in private companies rubbing their hands together.

Nurses and NHS staff in general are not paid enough as it is. Lets not make their terms and conditions worse, its just a race to the bottom.

By *ayarMan  over a year ago

Wirral

[Removed by poster at 04/02/22 01:56:16]

By *ayarMan  over a year ago

Wirral

It’s mad what people can say on these threads without being censored

By *readsOfValhallaCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

"It’s mad what people can say on these threads without being censored "

Unfortunately freedom of speech is both a blessing and a curse. For all the good it brings, there's a ton of idiots that talk nonsense. I don't mind because I'm a grown up who doesn't believe everything I read on the internet and make my own decisions. Maybe that should be encouraged rather then trying to silence voices because you don't agree with what is said

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Totally agree. Personally I think all NHS should be vaccinated. If I had a relative being cared for by someone who had not had the vaccine, they then caught it and passed it to my relative who dies from it, then I believe they should be charged with manslaughter. This threat would surely make more staff get vaccinated.

When caring for your relative the vaccine status of the NHS workers should be irrelevant. What matters is current clear tests. A vaccinated person is far more likely to be carrying covid with no symptoms and therefore not know they are “ill” whereas an unvaccinated person is far more likely to develop symptoms and therefore know they are ill! I suspect anyone working in the NHS is hyper aware of what to look out for and their duty of care to others!"

This is not, actually, true but it is often repeated.

Someone vaccinated is not "far more likely to be carrying covid with no symptoms". The data actually indicates that they are less likely to be hospitalised and are less likely to pass it on.

Again, I will view the scientific advice to be more reliable than that of someone proposing their own theory using "common sense" because this situation is not at all "common". If there is some actual evidence then it should be considered. Is there any?

For the OP point on withholding treatment, or charging people for manslaughter, then no. However, I can understand the depth of feeling by those who may needlessly lose loved ones. 'Needlessly' is the correct word.

Choosing to risk your own health is one thing, but risking that of others is less tolerable. However, there is no way to fairly differentiate.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

When caring for your relative the vaccine status of the NHS workers should be irrelevant. What matters is current clear tests. A vaccinated person is far more likely to be carrying covid with no symptoms and therefore not know they are “ill” whereas an unvaccinated person is far more likely to develop symptoms and therefore know they are ill! I suspect anyone working in the NHS is hyper aware of what to look out for and their duty of care to others!

Someone vaccinated is not "far more likely to be carrying covid with no symptoms". The data actually indicates that they are less likely to be hospitalised and are less likely to pass it on.

Again, I will view the scientific advice to be more reliable than that of someone proposing their own theory using "common sense" because this situation is not at all "common". If there is some actual evidence then it should be considered. Is there any?

For the OP point on withholding treatment, or charging people for manslaughter, then no. However, I can understand the depth of feeling by those who may needlessly lose loved ones. 'Needlessly' is the correct word.

Choosing to risk your own health is one thing, but risking that of others is less tolerable. However, there is no way to fairly differentiate."

The same for sick pay. You receive it.

Perhaps it is enhanced for those who are vaccinated as they have made every effort possible.

London

Choosing to risk your own health is one thing, but risking that of others is less tolerable. However, there is no way to fairly differentiate."

so interestingly we are saying that a vaccinated person is less likely to pass covid on and yet 91% of the population ( this country ) over the age of 12 are vaccinated to the level of at least one jab. I think at this point we have to hold that message up for scrutiny and say that actually the science is not necessarily science but Something that we are just told. If it was the case the number of infections and re-infections would be lower. If we want to use science why not use the study that is proving those that are in regular contact with Covid sufferers are less likely to catch covid and are less likely to pass covid on ( such as those that work on covid wards )

Choosing to risk your own health is one thing, but risking that of others is less tolerable. However, there is no way to fairly differentiate.

The same for sick pay. You receive it.

Perhaps it is enhanced for those who are vaccinated as they have made every effort possible."

Enhanced? Please elaborate!

So you're suggesting a two tier system?

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Should we just celebrate the fact that 95% of the NHS workers have been vaccinated?

Needlessly is only the correct word if you have an unhealthy obsession with giving everyone the vaccine and consider those who haven't had the vaccine as superspreaders.

An unvaccinated nurse who doesn't have Covid has 0% chance of transmitting Covid to their patients.

A vaccinated nurse who doesn't have Covid has 0% chance of transmitting Covid to their patients.

An unvaccinated nurse who tests positive for Covid isolates at home to prevent transmitting Covid to their patients and colleagues.

A vaccinated nurse who tests positive for Covid isolates at home to prevent transmitting Covid to their patients and colleagues.

Same risk for vaccinated/unvaccinated.

Tin town

Needlessly is only the correct word if you have an unhealthy obsession with giving everyone the vaccine and consider those who haven't had the vaccine as superspreaders.

An unvaccinated nurse who doesn't have Covid has 0% chance of transmitting Covid to their patients.

A vaccinated nurse who doesn't have Covid has 0% chance of transmitting Covid to their patients.

An unvaccinated nurse who tests positive for Covid isolates at home to prevent transmitting Covid to their patients and colleagues.

A vaccinated nurse who tests positive for Covid isolates at home to prevent transmitting Covid to their patients and colleagues.

Same risk for vaccinated/unvaccinated."

Pushing water uphill I'm afraid. That kind of common sense won't go down well.

I think someone above also made a great point about the flawed thinking that anyone vaxxed by definition will spread it less... Regardless of circumstances or behaviours. When Susan Hopkins herself stated after a few months it makes very little difference to spreading infections and was using that fact to encourage people to get a booster. Choose your science wisely.

Terra Firma

"Should we just celebrate the fact that 95% of the NHS workers have been vaccinated? "

Steady on, you will be asking people to be kind to each other next! Weirdo

Terra Firma

"Needlessly is only the correct word if you have an unhealthy obsession with giving everyone the vaccine and consider those who haven't had the vaccine as superspreaders.

Same risk for vaccinated/unvaccinated."

I'm not sure you are seeing the big picture my friend, this type of reasoning does not sell news.

Turn off your internet and take time out to reconsider your position

Yes 100%

If not then don't get sick lay if you have obesity related illness

Smoking related illnesses

Etc.etc.

As in Yes they should get sick pay

Terra Firma

"As in Yes they should get sick pay"

I agree too

"Would you like to see smokers with lung cancer get no sick pay while they are off work getting treatment? How about someone who falls over pissed and injures themselves should they get sick pay? How about people who are so fat they cant move should they not get sickness benefit

Any of the above should maybe get a reduced payment if any at all, certainly injury from being pi$$ed should not get paid sick pay. IMHO"

This is an absolutely terrifying view of the world. Honestly the control you think is acceptable over people is just awful