FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > The latest variant...

The latest variant...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

So there's a new sub variant of omicron. Much as expected and of course there will be others.

It's even more transmissible than omicron says the who.

Which itself was 10 times more transmissible than delta which was 8 times more transmissible than beta which was 5 times more transmissable than alpha which was 4 times more transmissible than the original stain.

Really? I wonder why the linguistics of... "here's a new variant and it's even more transmissible than before so be worried"... Eventually people surely must wise up to the unhelpful language used by media and bodies that are leading this.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

It's got to the stage we don't care anymore, we are vaccinated,most of the new infections are only serious to the unvaccinated and that's their problem.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Are sly news fear mongering again?

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"It's got to the stage we don't care anymore, we are vaccinated,most of the new infections are only serious to the unvaccinated and that's their problem."

That’s a great example of the OPs observation regarding language

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"It's got to the stage we don't care anymore, we are vaccinated,most of the new infections are only serious to the unvaccinated and that's their problem."

No more boosters for you then!

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"It's got to the stage we don't care anymore, we are vaccinated,most of the new infections are only serious to the unvaccinated and that's their problem.

That’s a great example of the OPs observation regarding language "

Well if people choose not to get vaccinated against getting really sick then that indeed is their problem

wigan

"It's got to the stage we don't care anymore, we are vaccinated,most of the new infections are only serious to the unvaccinated and that's their problem.

Well if people choose not to get vaccinated against getting really sick then that indeed is their problem

"

Or … the infections appear to be mild and we haven’t a clue whether vaccinations make symptoms worse or better.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Or … the infections appear to be mild and we haven’t a clue whether vaccinations make symptoms worse or better. "

Having covid antibodies from vaccination cannot make symptoms worse at worst they will have no effect, but this hasn't been the case for anyone the previous variants.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"So there's a new sub variant of omicron. Much as expected and of course there will be others.

Which itself was 10 times more transmissible than delta which was 8 times more transmissible than beta which was 5 times more transmissable than alpha which was 4 times more transmissible than the original stain.

Really? I wonder why the linguistics of... "here's a new variant and it's even more transmissible than before so be worried"... Eventually people surely must wise up to the unhelpful language used by media and bodies that are leading this. "

I agree, the narrative is to drive people to their media pages online, where the consumer is inundated with adverts that pay the media's bills.

The fabric and authenticity of the story is irrelevant, the headline for attraction is all that matters. Someone is going to comment the BBC don't have adverts, they don't but they need to be able to demonstrate they are attracting more or equal to the number of viewers that media outlets who do advertise, to justify their cut of the license fee.

Going back to the new variant, I seem to remember one of our top science people saying this is the way a virus travels, mutates lots, becomes more transmissible but less harmful. Imagine this headline...

Great news everybody, the virus has mutated again as predicted and we hope it is going to be less harmful. Enjoy your day

wigan

Or … the infections appear to be mild and we haven’t a clue whether vaccinations make symptoms worse or better.

Having covid antibodies from vaccination cannot make symptoms worse at worst they will have no effect, but this hasn't been the case for anyone the previous variants."

I’ll agree that sense says they cannot make symptoms worse, but I don’t know that. I don’t know what you mean by this isn’t been the case for anyone the previous variants?

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

Think the general attitude is bring it on. My son recently had it and wouldn't of known.

I am fully vaccinated so am not too bothered. What will be will be is my attitude now. I really dont seem the point in getting vaccinated if we are going to hide away each time a new Variant comes.

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

"So there's a new sub variant of omicron. Much as expected and of course there will be others.

Really? I wonder why the linguistics of... "here's a new variant and it's even more transmissible than before so be worried"... Eventually people surely must wise up to the unhelpful language used by media and bodies that are leading this. "

So that rate is original x4 x5 x8 x10 giving x1600 more than the original??!!! Have I got that right?

At that rate of change, masks will be useless because it will be coming done your WiFi.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Having covid antibodies from vaccination cannot make symptoms worse at worst they will have no effect, but this hasn't been the case for anyone the previous variants.

I’ll agree that sense says they cannot make symptoms worse, but I don’t know that. I don’t know what you mean by this isn’t been the case for anyone the previous variants? "

Vaccination has had an effect on symptoms etc on all previous covid variants even omicron.

wigan

I’ll agree that sense says they cannot make symptoms worse, but I don’t know that. I don’t know what you mean by this isn’t been the case for anyone the previous variants?

Vaccination has had an effect on symptoms etc on all previous covid variants even omicron. "

Is your assertion that the vaccine reduces the severity of symptoms?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Load of bollax

Tin town

Really? I wonder why the linguistics of... "here's a new variant and it's even more transmissible than before so be worried"... Eventually people surely must wise up to the unhelpful language used by media and bodies that are leading this.

I agree, the narrative is to drive people to their media pages online, where the consumer is inundated with adverts that pay the media's bills.

The fabric and authenticity of the story is irrelevant, the headline for attraction is all that matters. Someone is going to comment the BBC don't have adverts, they don't but they need to be able to demonstrate they are attracting more or equal to the number of viewers that media outlets who do advertise, to justify their cut of the license fee.

Going back to the new variant, I seem to remember one of our top science people saying this is the way a virus travels, mutates lots, becomes more transmissible but less harmful. Imagine this headline...

Great news everybody, the virus has mutated again as predicted and we hope it is going to be less harmful. Enjoy your day "

Bang on. I vaguely remember a few stories exactly like that when omicron came along... But quick as a flash that August and independent agency WHO were reported as warning ... "Oh no it isn't!"... Be scared.

Tin town

So that rate is original x4 x5 x8 x10 giving x1600 more than the original??!!! Have I got that right?

At that rate of change, masks will be useless because it will be coming done your WiFi."

Well that's exactly my point... Now I'm not sure that I have recalled the multiplication factors accurately... But they are not far off from what WHO stated at the time. So what we have now is over a 1000 times more transmissible than the original flavour... Really? Man sneezes in Birmingham and infects woman in Leicester with new variant read the headline.

Terra Firma

Great news everybody, the virus has mutated again as predicted and we hope it is going to be less harmful. Enjoy your day

Bang on. I vaguely remember a few stories exactly like that when omicron came along... But quick as a flash that August and independent agency WHO were reported as warning ... "Oh no it isn't!"... Be scared. "

Yep and all of this feeds the discord we have as a nation.

The media treat us with contempt and the only reason they can get away with it is most of the people who have the power to stop them are afraid of what they will dig up on them....

The WHO have not come out of this well either as you point out, they really wanted to show the world their worth but gave some terrible advice at the start and continue as you mention to promote fear.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I suppose we could just watch how many deaths / infections and Hospital admissions and decide for ourselves

534 dead today if anyone is interested, lets hope the new one isn't as "mild"

Terra Firma

"I suppose we could just watch how many deaths / infections and Hospital admissions and decide for ourselves

534 dead today if anyone is interested, lets hope the new one isn't as "mild""

Do you believe the media don't distort stories or the WHO didn't offer poor advice at the start of the pandemic?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 02/02/22 19:43:26]

Terra Firma

"I do yes, hence why I said I find my info out from more reputable sources"

Sorry my bad!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

No worries

Tin town

"I suppose we could just watch how many deaths / infections and Hospital admissions and decide for ourselves

534 dead today if anyone is interested, lets hope the new one isn't as "mild""

It's been normalised hasn't it? Our new back to normal / just living with it...

Anyone fancy a pint

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It's been normalised hasn't it? Our new back to normal / just living with it... "

Sadly yes. If it carried on like this that will be another 100,000 for the year. It seems they may not going to publish the deaths after April so they can keep pretending it is over

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

PDI

[Removed by poster at 02/02/22 21:13:37]

Seeing as most un vaccinated have immunity joe and the vaccinated are the ones repeatedly catching it I think there’s less for the un vaccinated to be worried about

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

To me it's Blah, Blah, ...New strain...Heard it all before....Gets weaker with each mutation.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Seeing as most un vaccinated have immunity joe and the vaccinated are the ones repeatedly catching it I think there’s less for the un vaccinated to be worried about "

This .

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"To me it's Blah, Blah, ...New strain...Heard it all before....Gets weaker with each mutation."
This .

The new strain has just been named 'anothacon'

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

My FWB husband away for a week. A week of dirty sex in store until she had a positive LFT so now isolating until after he's back. I'm fucking sick of it all now

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Sadly yes. If it carried on like this that will be another 100,000 for the year. It seems they may not going to publish the deaths after April so they can keep pretending it is over"

Political survival trump's all..

Hide the scientific advisors, limit the available tests to refuse the positive numbers and let it rip has been swallowed by some but the numbers are sadly going the wrong way..

Tin town

Sadly yes. If it carried on like this that will be another 100,000 for the year. It seems they may not going to publish the deaths after April so they can keep pretending it is over

Political survival trump's all..

Hide the scientific advisors, limit the available tests to refuse the positive numbers and let it rip has been swallowed by some but the numbers are sadly going the wrong way.."

True, something smells, we haven't heard anything about jab4 yet and given our only response is keep jabbing the silence seems rather conspicuous.

"My FWB husband away for a week. A week of dirty sex in store until she had a positive LFT so now isolating until after he's back. I'm fucking sick of it all now"

U ok hun?

Sadly yes. If it carried on like this that will be another 100,000 for the year. It seems they may not going to publish the deaths after April so they can keep pretending it is over"

Trump said stop testing and the positive results will go down. He was so right.

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

"My FWB husband away for a week. A week of dirty sex in store until she had a positive LFT so now isolating until after he's back. I'm fucking sick of it all now

U ok hun? "

No. You negative? Near by?

I think we should all get together, with some cheese and wine, or bring your own if you wish, just like no' 10 did as they knew something we all didn't!!

» Add a new message to this topic