FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vaccination period ending for holiday season

Vaccination period ending for holiday season

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *peak and Spell OP   Couple  over a year ago

Greenwich, SE LONDON

So many European countries are stating this (or similar) in their current entry requirements:

"For two-shot vaccines (e.g. AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna), you must show that you received the second injection no more than 270 days before arrival.

If you received a booster more than 120 days after being fully immunised, this must not have been more than 270 days before arrival.

Different vaccine validity rules apply once in xxx country: two-dose vaccinations are only valid for 180 days (210 days for under 18 year olds). A booster is still valid for 270 days."

Which if I'm reading correctly means anyone who had a booster in Autumn, and books for August and beyond, may be denied entry.

Thoughts?

I wonder if this is likely to be revised, as we would love to book a late getaway.

Do we take the risk and book anyhow whilst prices are relatively low?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So many European countries are stating this (or similar) in their current entry requirements:

"For two-shot vaccines (e.g. AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna), you must show that you received the second injection no more than 270 days before arrival.

If you received a booster more than 120 days after being fully immunised, this must not have been more than 270 days before arrival.

Different vaccine validity rules apply once in xxx country: two-dose vaccinations are only valid for 180 days (210 days for under 18 year olds). A booster is still valid for 270 days."

Which if I'm reading correctly means anyone who had a booster in Autumn, and books for August and beyond, may be denied entry.

Thoughts?

I wonder if this is likely to be revised, as we would love to book a late getaway.

Do we take the risk and book anyhow whilst prices are relatively low? "

Book it.

Most companies allow changes to be made. If you book and can't go you could defer it.

I'm hoping most countries will abandon vaccine requirements this year.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

If you can't afford to lose the deposit then don't book.

Nobody can give you a definitive answer

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

We're all booked for Spain in 3 weeks time, Cap D'Agde in June and Gran Canaria/ Fuertuventura in November.

Hopefully, it will all go to plan.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Just be prepared to have a 4th, 5th, 6th booster, ie pretty much every time you go on holiday.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Just be prepared to have a 4th, 5th, 6th booster, ie pretty much every time you go on holiday. "
they are not now offering them though

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

A cruise I have booked says you have to have had any Covid vaccination or booster offered

Brighton

"Just be prepared to have a 4th, 5th, 6th booster, ie pretty much every time you go on holiday. they are not now offering them though"

They will but you will have to pay. It will be the next money train. Similarly no more free LFT/PCR tests.

Brighton

"Just be prepared to have a 4th, 5th, 6th booster, ie pretty much every time you go on holiday. they are not now offering them though

They will but you will have to pay. It will be the next money train. Similarly no more free LFT/PCR tests."

It’s good (drug dealer style) business. Hook in the customer base with free/cheap samples, create a dependency, then whack up the price.

It’s coming folks. Get ready with your wallets.

Leeds

My daughter got a PCR test on Friday and got the result in 19 hours. My son did one the Sunday before Christmas and it took 71 hours. It shows less people are taking them now.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"My daughter got a PCR test on Friday and got the result in 19 hours. My son did one the Sunday before Christmas and it took 71 hours. It shows less people are taking them now."
We no longer have to have them at work. Just the lfd ones

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"So many European countries are stating this (or similar) in their current entry requirements:

Thoughts?

Do we take the risk and book anyhow whilst prices are relatively low? "

Hopefully will be adjusted but I wonder what to?

Also I guess it's going to be very different from country to country depending on their situation both regarding the virus and how important hosting travellers is to them.

If it says travellers must take vaccines offered, and there is no vaccine offered, I would imagine we would be ok to travel.

Brighton

Thoughts?

Also I guess it's going to be very different from country to country depending on their situation both regarding the virus and how important hosting travellers is to them.

If it says travellers must take vaccines offered, and there is no vaccine offered, I would imagine we would be ok to travel."

I doubt that. If you travel to many countries in Africa you have to have the Yellow Fever vaccine. This has to be requested and paid for. The destination country sets the entry rules.

merseyside

Thoughts?

If it says travellers must take vaccines offered, and there is no vaccine offered, I would imagine we would be ok to travel.

I doubt that. If you travel to many countries in Africa you have to have the Yellow Fever vaccine. This has to be requested and paid for. The destination country sets the entry rules."

True. My husband works overseas and had a vaccine card for years.

Not up to date, you don't get in and a flare up in the country can mean boosters before you fly.

Get a prescription, buy the juice, get it jabbed in, easy.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"Just be prepared to have a 4th, 5th, 6th booster, ie pretty much every time you go on holiday. they are not now offering them though

They will but you will have to pay. It will be the next money train. Similarly no more free LFT/PCR tests.

It’s good (drug dealer style) business. Hook in the customer base with free/cheap samples, create a dependency, then whack up the price.

It’s coming folks. Get ready with your wallets."

It will just be another cost on to a holiday. But better that then the tax payer picking up that bill

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Just be prepared to have a 4th, 5th, 6th booster, ie pretty much every time you go on holiday. "

It seems to be prudent and responsible to be on top of your health before travelling.

I've had 21 flu jabs. I'm not bothered.

If you don't like the rules of the country, don't go - like, I don't fancy wearing a hijab, I'm not going to Saudi Arabia.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

I would think when holiday season begins those countries reliant on tourists will workout a way for all to travel safely and within reason. If you want to travel I'm pretty sure entry requirements wont be to prohibitive to the average holiday maker

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

I've got a good contact for all your jabs. Meet him at the back of spoons. He cuts them with bleach mind.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Each country is setting ita own plan, as each is affected differently. If travel companies still offer full flexibility, I'd continue with booking, unless I couldn't fit the change restrictions.

It currently seems most sensitible to have all shots offered and recommended.

Just assume things are going to be varied this year and that countries will differ

Brighton

"Just be prepared to have a 4th, 5th, 6th booster, ie pretty much every time you go on holiday.

It seems to be prudent and responsible to be on top of your health before travelling.

If you don't like the rules of the country, don't go - like, I don't fancy wearing a hijab, I'm not going to Saudi Arabia."

I agree but that doesn’t prevent this from being a nice earner. Previously it tended to be long haul “exotic” locations that needed vaccines (ergo the average Joe wouldn’t need them). Now it could be somewhere 50miles across the English Channel or a boys booze weekend in Magaluf.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Just be prepared to have a 4th, 5th, 6th booster, ie pretty much every time you go on holiday.

If you don't like the rules of the country, don't go - like, I don't fancy wearing a hijab, I'm not going to Saudi Arabia.

I agree but that doesn’t prevent this from being a nice earner. Previously it tended to be long haul “exotic” locations that needed vaccines (ergo the average Joe wouldn’t need them). Now it could be somewhere 50miles across the English Channel or a boys booze weekend in Magaluf."

The world has changed. It just is what it is.

Eventually generics will be available - indeed there are cheaper versions of vaccines already in the works. Same as any other medication. Same as any other vaccine that the overwhelming majority of average Joes had as children (that also don't produce sterilising immunity, if you look into it).

Or should we stop things from being nice little earners? Shame on the aviation industry for imposing on people wanting to go on holiday. It never used to be like that when our grandparents were children!

Brighton

I agree but that doesn’t prevent this from being a nice earner. Previously it tended to be long haul “exotic” locations that needed vaccines (ergo the average Joe wouldn’t need them). Now it could be somewhere 50miles across the English Channel or a boys booze weekend in Magaluf.

The world has changed. It just is what it is.

Eventually generics will be available - indeed there are cheaper versions of vaccines already in the works. Same as any other medication. Same as any other vaccine that the overwhelming majority of average Joes had as children (that also don't produce sterilising immunity, if you look into it).

Or should we stop things from being nice little earners? Shame on the aviation industry for imposing on people wanting to go on holiday. It never used to be like that when our grandparents were children!"

Oh swing! Cheap shot!

Assuming Covid mutations continue the way they are and it becomes less deadly (which is ultimately the normal course for a virus) then soon Covid will be no more dangerous than the Flu. Remind me which countries have mandatory Flu vaccination as a requirement for entry?

I genuinely do know this (could look it up) but was a vaccine ever developed for SARS or MERS? Are they mandatory for entry to the countries that were hit by those?

By *andlingswingersCouple  over a year ago

Woodbridge

"

I've got a good contact for all your jabs. Meet him at the back of spoons. He cuts them with bleach mind. "

That's good news - President Trump said bleach cures Covid and like our own "Britain Trump," he wouldn't lie.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

i doubt very much that for example spain insisting on a recent vaccine being administered by a practice or other source in the UK prior to arrival would be any kind of earner for the spanish. i doubt very much that the spanish authorities would be coluding to divvying up the profits between themselves and the vaccine provider in th UK, so it's pretty clear that line of arguement is yet more conspiracy misinformation nonsense.

it's perfectly usual to need various vaccines prior to travel to a plethora of global destinations and has been for decades. it's odd that the very vocal minority now think that it's all a scam.

Brighton

[Removed by poster at 06/02/22 19:11:09]

Brighton

"i doubt very much that for example spain insisting on a recent vaccine being administered by a practice or other source in the UK prior to arrival would be any kind of earner for the spanish. i doubt very much that the spanish authorities would be coluding to divvying up the profits between themselves and the vaccine provider in th UK, so it's pretty clear that line of arguement is yet more conspiracy misinformation nonsense.

it's perfectly usual to need various vaccines prior to travel to a plethora of global destinations and has been for decades. it's odd that the very vocal minority now think that it's all a scam."

If that is referring to me then nope! No scam but certainly a nice earner. Covid is real but the danger it poses will (unless we are VERY unlucky) continue to reduce over time. It will become no more dangerous than Flu. Now Flu does kill people each year but there isn’t to my knowledge a single country in the world that requires you to be vaccinated against Flu to enter. So why will we continue to need to be vaccinated against Covid in future? Maybe we won’t but I strongly suspect it will be required for longer than is actually necessary.

Central

"i doubt very much that for example spain insisting on a recent vaccine being administered by a practice or other source in the UK prior to arrival would be any kind of earner for the spanish. i doubt very much that the spanish authorities would be coluding to divvying up the profits between themselves and the vaccine provider in th UK, so it's pretty clear that line of arguement is yet more conspiracy misinformation nonsense.

it's perfectly usual to need various vaccines prior to travel to a plethora of global destinations and has been for decades. it's odd that the very vocal minority now think that it's all a scam.

If that is referring to me then nope! No scam but certainly a nice earner. Covid is real but the danger it poses will (unless we are VERY unlucky) continue to reduce over time. It will become no more dangerous than Flu. Now Flu does kill people each year but there isn’t to my knowledge a single country in the world that requires you to be vaccinated against Flu to enter. So why will we continue to need to be vaccinated against Covid in future? Maybe we won’t but I strongly suspect it will be required for longer than is actually necessary. "

There is no standard trajectory for viruses to become more benign over time. That's a fallacy to believe that we are just going to be safer.

Mutations are random and high volumes of infections means high volumes of mutations.

Diseases like malaria, for instance, are still very deadly. Smallpox is thankfully now not the problem that it was. It's erroneous to consider that somewhat non-living genetic material has something like a predestined mutational programme

Brighton

If that is referring to me then nope! No scam but certainly a nice earner. Covid is real but the danger it poses will (unless we are VERY unlucky) continue to reduce over time. It will become no more dangerous than Flu. Now Flu does kill people each year but there isn’t to my knowledge a single country in the world that requires you to be vaccinated against Flu to enter. So why will we continue to need to be vaccinated against Covid in future? Maybe we won’t but I strongly suspect it will be required for longer than is actually necessary.

There is no standard trajectory for viruses to become more benign over time. That's a fallacy to believe that we are just going to be safer.

Mutations are random and high volumes of infections means high volumes of mutations.

Diseases like malaria, for instance, are still very deadly. Smallpox is thankfully now not the problem that it was. It's erroneous to consider that somewhat non-living genetic material has something like a predestined mutational programme "

I know but we can hope right?

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

If that is referring to me then nope! No scam but certainly a nice earner. Covid is real but the danger it poses will (unless we are VERY unlucky) continue to reduce over time. It will become no more dangerous than Flu. Now Flu does kill people each year but there isn’t to my knowledge a single country in the world that requires you to be vaccinated against Flu to enter. So why will we continue to need to be vaccinated against Covid in future? Maybe we won’t but I strongly suspect it will be required for longer than is actually necessary. "

it wasn't refering to you

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Maybe the fact that to travel abroad to most countries you are going to need to be vaccinated in a more opened up world will finally push who haven’t taken the jabs to finally get them… I mean, heaven forbid anyone between them and their suntan’s!!!

Or it will mean a boom in staycations since 15% of people seem not to budge!

Anyway, rules have always been country dependent.. if you want to go, you know what you have to do so no point in complaining…..

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

By *rivateyesCouple  over a year ago

Leighton Buzzard

"Maybe the fact that to travel abroad to most countries you are going to need to be vaccinated in a more opened up world will finally push who haven’t taken the jabs to finally get them… I mean, heaven forbid anyone between them and their suntan’s!!!

"

We’ve paid for our apartment (as per our contract) in Ibiza every year and have not been since 2019.

No amount of these tactics will prevent us from exercising our rights to personal choice.

More than happy to be part of the 15% that have their own mind.

Maybe you’ll ‘FINALLY’ find out one day how you’ve been played like a fiddle for the last 2 years.

Keep taking the pills (liquid variety) and just do as you’re told.

By *elboy64Man  over a year ago

weston

"Maybe the fact that to travel abroad to most countries you are going to need to be vaccinated in a more opened up world will finally push who haven’t taken the jabs to finally get them… I mean, heaven forbid anyone between them and their suntan’s!!!

Anyway, rules have always been country dependent.. if you want to go, you know what you have to do so no point in complaining…..

"

There's talk now that the booster with be available at about £50 a shot, most governments still demanding them. I wonder how much kick back they've getting? I won't play their game, if more said no the rip off can end.

By *peak and Spell OP   Couple  over a year ago

Greenwich, SE LONDON

"

There's talk now that the booster with be available at about £50 a shot, most governments still demanding them. I wonder how much kick back they've getting? I won't play their game, if more said no the rip off can end. "

Where has that been reported, I couldn't find any info on it. Doesn't surprise me though. You have to pay for yellow fever and malaria jabs

weston

"

There's talk now that the booster with be available at about £50 a shot, most governments still demanding them. I wonder how much kick back they've getting? I won't play their game, if more said no the rip off can end.

Where has that been reported, I couldn't find any info on it. Doesn't surprise me though. You have to pay for yellow fever and malaria jabs"

England ends covid rules soon and government underpressure to save money, so soon it will like the flu jab and if you don't qualify you have to pay.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"

Where has that been reported, I couldn't find any info on it. Doesn't surprise me though. You have to pay for yellow fever and malaria jabsEngland ends covid rules soon and government underpressure to save money, so soon it will like the flu jab and if you don't qualify you have to pay.

"

Are you making your own headlines up

weston

"

Where has that been reported, I couldn't find any info on it. Doesn't surprise me though. You have to pay for yellow fever and malaria jabsEngland ends covid rules soon and government underpressure to save money, so soon it will like the flu jab and if you don't qualify you have to pay.

Are you making your own headlines up "

no on GB news when asking about covid passports and the future of boosters.

By *rivateyesCouple  over a year ago

Leighton Buzzard

Just this minute heard on Heart news that Spain has dropped the requirement for 12-17 year olds to have had any vaccinations at all, just in time for half term travel.

It’s only a matter of time before anyone can travel regardless and I for one can’t wait.

Looks like the joke of a nearly over

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Just this minute heard on Heart news that Spain has dropped the requirement for 12-17 year olds to have had any vaccinations at all, just in time for half term travel.

It’s only a matter of time before anyone can travel regardless and I for one can’t wait.

Looks like the joke of a nearly over"

That’s more to do with the fact that different countries recommend different rules on vaccination for those under 18….. whereas the rules for those over 18 is almost uniformly the same regardless of country

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

We’ve paid for our apartment (as per our contract) in Ibiza every year and have not been since 2019.

No amount of these tactics will prevent us from exercising our rights to personal choice.

Maybe you’ll ‘FINALLY’ find out one day how you’ve been played like a fiddle for the last 2 years.

Keep taking the pills (liquid variety) and just do as you’re told. "

Wake up sheeple! The ‘free thinkers’ are coming!

"

More than happy to be part of the 15% that have their own mind"

Whats the 15%? People who choose to not vaccinate ?

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Keep taking the pills (liquid variety) and just do as you’re told. "

Bristol

"

Where has that been reported, I couldn't find any info on it. Doesn't surprise me though. You have to pay for yellow fever and malaria jabs"

You will not find it as it’s just bull shit

By *8_manMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

I strongly believe this is a sterilisation virus

weston

"

Where has that been reported, I couldn't find any info on it. Doesn't surprise me though. You have to pay for yellow fever and malaria jabs

You will not find it as it’s just bull shit "

this from a guy saying not meeting on his profile, say no more

"

You will not find it as it’s just bull shit

this from a guy saying not meeting on his profile, say no more "

His profile is none of your business.

What's your point?

Bristol

"

You will not find it as it’s just bull shit this from a guy saying not meeting on his profile, say no more "

And ?

I put not meeting because it stops people from contacting me as it says not meeting

Nothing more.

Not scared of viruses as I’m around virus swabs everyday

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"

Are you making your own headlines up no on GB news when asking about covid passports and the future of boosters. "

Ah GB news, that explains it.

Central

"I strongly believe this is a sterilisation virus"

Without any evidence whatsoever?

merseyside

"We're all booked for Spain in 3 weeks time, Cap D'Agde in June and Gran Canaria/ Fuertuventura in November.

"

Both tested positive for Covid on the 10th February.

Hopefully, in 10 days time the NHS site that issues the QR code will be unlocked as it states it gets locked when PCR result is positive.

Feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Paracetamol, fluids and bed.

Let's see how day 5 and 6 tests go and we can get on the plane on the 26th.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"

More than happy to be part of the 15% that have their own mind

Whats the 15%? People who choose to not vaccinate ?"

100% of people have their own mind. 100% of people make their own choices for their own reasons.

Leeds

"I strongly believe this is a sterilisation virus

Without any evidence whatsoever? "

So then why bother wasting vaccines on post menopausal women ?

Central

"

Are you making your own headlines up no on GB news when asking about covid passports and the future of boosters. "

It's a biased extremist media channel and you don't quote who stated this. It's thus appearing that you're take on what may have been said, is far from any official, definite rule.

If a dangerous variant appears, it would be unwise for the government not to have this covered by NHS treatment

Central

So then why bother wasting vaccines on post menopausal women ?"

The global conspiracy plan made a few mistakes in the fine details

Leeds

"

The global conspiracy plan made a few mistakes in the fine details "

By *mma_EvansTV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

So then why bother wasting vaccines on post menopausal women ?

The global conspiracy plan made a few mistakes in the fine details "

***News flash*** Margaret Keenan is no longer a baby making machine ***end of News flash***

merseyside

Probably best you get it.

Wouldn't want to pass on your thoughts.

merseyside

"

Update....

To be fair, just tested positive for Covid and at the moment not really thinking about sex and don't look the most appealing due to snot, sweat and coughing fits.

So maybe it's a temporary contraceptive rather than sterilization.

If I was a Chinese baddie planning to sterilise the world I'd probably try to manufacture a virus to infect the reproductive rather than respiratory system and maybe it should be more harmful to folks aged between 15 to 35 rather than pensioners.

But as I'm not an international bio terrorist I not sure if my statement holds water or any other type of fluid.

By *mma_EvansTV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

"We're all booked for Spain in 3 weeks time, Cap D'Agde in June and Gran Canaria/ Fuertuventura in November.

Hopefully, in 10 days time the NHS site that issues the QR code will be unlocked as it states it gets locked when PCR result is positive.

"

Get well soon xx

Bristol

Ding Ding!!! We have a winner

Bristol

"

Also if it was a sterilisation virus billions would have been rendered sterile before we even noticed something was wrong

merseyside

Get well soon xx"

Thanks

» Add a new message to this topic