FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Gillian Keegan - Positive meetings!

Gillian Keegan - Positive meetings!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rFunBoy OP   Man  over a year ago

Longridge

You couldn't make it up:

The UK health minister, Gillian Keegan, has apologised after admitting to continuing a visit after receiving a positive Covid test.

The MP for Chichester, who said she is isolating at home and feels fine, said she “took precautions” after getting her result, but “with their consent” carried on the meeting.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

But it's the anti vaxers that are killing people.

Obviously if you're vaccinated and test positive you can't spread it to anyone and you're actively saving lives

(Couldn't help it. Sorry )

Longridge

Think it's more arrogance and selfishness on her part.

The vast majority of vaccinated, fully understand that they can both catch it, and spread it and as such should isolate to prevent spread.

Many also understand that the vaccination is to help themselves, not others to have a better outcome and avoid clogging hospital beds if they have caught it.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

What happened to the Scottish MP who tested positive then went home on the train ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

She was meeting with 3 fathers who had lost their daughters to suicide.

She told them of the result and took further precautions and they gave their consent to continue so she could hear their stories.

"What happened to the Scottish MP who tested positive then went home on the train ?"

looks like she going court

Leeds

"What happened to the Scottish MP who tested positive then went home on the train ?

looks like she going court"

Yes Margaret Ferrier has been charged with culpable and reckless conduct and will appear in court in August

Leeds

Why did the Health Minister start the meeting without waiting for her result? Why didn't she do it at home before travelling ?

Longridge

"She was meeting with 3 fathers who had lost their daughters to suicide.

She told them of the result and took further precautions and they gave their consent to continue so she could hear their stories.

"

Consent has nothing to do with it, the law is clear.

Just hope the fathers haven't taken it home and infected others else it might not be just their daughters they are grieving..

"Why did the Health Minister start the meeting without waiting for her result? Why didn't she do it at home before travelling ?"

Because she is different, or as I am wondering since party gate. are they aware of the risks? why wasn't she afraid of putting others at risk, why are they acting the opposite from what they they advised us.

its all a mystery to me, just a mystery.

Leeds

I have just read the government guidelines. "If your lateral flow test is positive you must self-isolate immediately to prevent spreading the virus to others"

It doesn't say "ask consent of others then continue with extra precautions"

Leeds

"

its all a mystery to me, just a mystery. "

It's yet more proof that this Conservative government appears to think they are above the law.

Leeds

Health Minister ignores Government and NHS guidelines. Not such a good headline

Longridge

The government made a big issue of the Scottish MP who is now facing court.

Same should apply here..

"Health Minister ignores Government and NHS guidelines. Not such a good headline "

Well, well lets have an investigation and if not call the police, whilst I spin this story into footballer kicking cats.

kicking cats is awful, and sure to turn my head whilst Boris pulls his pants down moons me, then high fives the chancellor. ha

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

What goes on with these people ? All she has to do was cancel the meeting after all she would not be losing out financially

Leeds

There must have been another member of Gov staff who could have listened to the three men's stories instead

By *ioloCouple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Regardless what the law says, don’t you guys find it interesting that throughout pandemic, the people who supposed to know the best didn’t actually give a dime about Covid? And not just one or two but nearly all of them and in numerous occasions.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Regardless what the law says, don’t you guys find it interesting that throughout pandemic, the people who supposed to know the best didn’t actually give a dime about Covid? And not just one or two but nearly all of them and in numerous occasions."

Interesting ? In what way ?

By *dd_soxMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

"Why did the Health Minister start the meeting without waiting for her result? Why didn't she do it at home before travelling ?"

If she took a precautionary PCR test - she would not know when the result would come through.

As the result came during the meeting - the visitors would already have been exposed where she didn't know the result.

Leeds

"

If she took a precautionary PCR test - she would not know when the result would come through.

"

It was a lateral flow test so she should have waited 30 minutes after taking the test to see the result before going in to the meeting.

"Regardless what the law says, don’t you guys find it interesting that throughout pandemic, the people who supposed to know the best didn’t actually give a dime about Covid? And not just one or two but nearly all of them and in numerous occasions."

As I wrote earlier in this thread, it is a mystery.

but good to question

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"What goes on with these people ? All she has to do was cancel the meeting after all she would not be losing out financially "

Not excusing it in any way...

But it could be that the 3 parents she was meeting have been looking to this meeting for months and months... And to cancel it would have damaged them more.

As I said I'm not making any excuses but sometimes we have to remember people are human and the other parties of the meeting could have very much wanted to continue. But it certainly doesn't look very clever.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

how did this incident get into the public domain?

Leeds

"how did this incident get into the public domain?"

She apologised on Twitter. Obviously the three members of the public at the meeting knew she was positive because she told them.

Tin town

"how did this incident get into the public domain?"

Good point.

Longridge

[Removed by poster at 09/02/22 11:49:46]

Leeds

"

As I said I'm not making any excuses but sometimes we have to remember people are human and the other parties of the meeting could have very much wanted to continue. "

What about the MP who wanted to be with his wife as both their twin sons died but he wasn't allowed.

Longridge

"What goes on with these people ? All she has to do was cancel the meeting after all she would not be losing out financially

But it could be that the 3 parents she was meeting have been looking to this meeting for months and months... And to cancel it would have damaged them more.

As I said I'm not making any excuses but sometimes we have to remember people are human and the other parties of the meeting could have very much wanted to continue. But it certainly doesn't look very clever. "

Will be even more damaged if they've taken infection home to their families.

The ruling is clear.

An LFT will usually show within 2 to 15 minutes a positive result, especially Omicron.

Health Secretary support her?

Matt Hancock didn't support the SNP MP, they demanded her resignation then again, he got caught with his tongue down his PA'S throat.

By *rego69Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

The irony is that she did the LFT to be careful and vigilant but couldn't be bothered to wait for the result without pushing on with the meeting. Then got the text during the meeting but had started any way! DUH. Why did she bother to test if she isn't going to wait for the result.

Maybe they just test because the rules say so without the need to see what the result is

Tin town

"

As I said I'm not making any excuses but sometimes we have to remember people are human and the other parties of the meeting could have very much wanted to continue.

What about the MP who wanted to be with his wife as both their twin sons died but he wasn't allowed. "

Well yes. I'm sure there are many many heart wrenching examples that others have endured. . I just read some of these threads and there's so much hate and anger directed towards strangers. I wasn't able to be with my mum but no amount of me hating on other people's dilemnas changes that. A bit of humanity is helpful. There's so much of this "gotcha" gesturing at the moment it's hard to distinguish the important stuff from the noise.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"how did this incident get into the public domain?

She apologised on Twitter. Obviously the three members of the public at the meeting knew she was positive because she told them. "

would you expect a politician to voluntarily announce a mistake such as this or to not mention it unless it comes out in the media?

By *rego69Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Ahhh we didn't know what TEST was carried out but routine PCRs tend to be reserved for specific functions and employments. Also a time and date when this happened would help

"The irony is that she did the LFT to be careful and vigilant but couldn't be bothered to wait for the result without pushing on with the meeting. Then got the text during the meeting but had started any way! DUH. Why did she bother to test if she isn't going to wait for the result.

Maybe they just test because the rules say so without the need to see what the result is "

"What goes on with these people ? All she has to do was cancel the meeting after all she would not be losing out financially

As I said I'm not making any excuses but sometimes we have to remember people are human and the other parties of the meeting could have very much wanted to continue. But it certainly doesn't look very clever. "

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"She was meeting with 3 fathers who had lost their daughters to suicide.

"

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Too sensible and responsible an approach, sorry. She's in. Johnsons government.

And her responsibilities mean her expertise left her out of her depth.

I applaud her for her support for the family.

» Add a new message to this topic