FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Novak Djokovic

Novak Djokovic

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ovebjs OP   Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Novak Djokovic included on entry list for Indian Wells - and with it the threat of fresh vaccine row

Djokovic could have trouble even getting into the US because foreign air travellers have had to be fully vaccinated since November last year

Let’s see how he tries to get around this one

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

I thought I saw on another thread that he was getting vaccinated or was that just a rumour?

Bristol

"I thought I saw on another thread that he was getting vaccinated or was that just a rumour?"

I don’t know I just saw this in the news today but

He is scheduled to return to action at the ATP 500 Dubai Tennis Championships, which will take place between Feb. 21-26.

I don’t know what restrictions there are for Dubai either.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"I thought I saw on another thread that he was getting vaccinated or was that just a rumour?

He is scheduled to return to action at the ATP 500 Dubai Tennis Championships, which will take place between Feb. 21-26.

"

I think it's just a negative pcr

By *TMA that man againMan  over a year ago

worester

He is still a knoob!!

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Legend …

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"Legend … "

The qualifying bar for "legends" and "hero's" is surprisingly low these days.

Winston

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I thought I saw on another thread that he was getting vaccinated or was that just a rumour?

"

A very large bank balance...

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Legend …

The qualifying bar for "legends" and "hero's" is surprisingly low these days.

Winston"

By *aximumperversionMan  over a year ago

Nationwide

"Legend … "

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

The tournament to watch out for is if he is entered in the atp Monte Carlo event…. Or if he decides to skip the whole European clay court season and concentrate on Wimbledon and grass if he can’t compete in the french open

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

Great interview with him on Radio4 earlier , what an outstanding person.

Bristol

"Great interview with him on Radio4 earlier , what an outstanding person. "

Really ?

Dubai / Nottingham

"Great interview with him on Radio4 earlier , what an outstanding person.

Really ?

"

Yeah, as athletes go , prepared to lose it all over his principles

“ the principles of decision making of my body are more important than any title”

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Another multi millionaire standing up ?? and he hasn't sacrificed anything though the billions who have had the vaccine have as with out them no sports event would be going on ??? but in the end his body his choice and pretty easy to have a stance with millions in the bank but if you are on poverty wage ?? and let's not forget that it wasn't the likes of him that kept the UK and other countries going and perhaps we should be applauding and rewarding them ??

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"the principles of decision making of my body are more important than any title"

Yep, just a bloke that's willing to stand by his beliefs. Admirable in my books.

By *iCurious4WomenMan  over a year ago

Inverclyde

"

Novak Djokovic included on entry list for Indian Wells - and with it the threat of fresh vaccine row

Djokovic could have trouble even getting into the US because foreign air travellers have had to be fully vaccinated since November last year

Let’s see how he tries to get around this one "

I think he is great. Really good to see people take a stand for what they believe in.

Dubai / Nottingham

" Another multi millionaire standing up ?? and he hasn't sacrificed anything though the billions who have had the vaccine have as with out them no sports event would be going on ??? but in the end his body his choice and pretty easy to have a stance with millions in the bank but if you are on poverty wage ?? and let's not forget that it wasn't the likes of him that kept the UK and other countries going and perhaps we should be applauding and rewarding them ?? "

I agree with all you said. It doesn’t take anything away from all the real hero’s

It’s just refreshing to see a top athlete prepared to give up a chance of being the greatest player in history over personal convictions, and not being anti-vax at all and not breaking any rules whatsoever.

He chose to stay quiet during the tournament out of respect for the players. It’s now known his travel exemptions we’re issued like all others, the authorities unaware of the identity of the applicants, no special treatment, no rules broken, media hysteria and fake news as usual. His visa was cancelled not because any rules were broken, he won the court case. The government then exercised new powers to cancel a visa that the legal system found to be totally valid.

But he’s remarkably calm and accepting of what he will lose by not being vaccinated

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Bellend … "

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

Really ?

“ the principles of decision making of my body are more important than any title”"

You either stand for something or fall for everything.

Not a big sports fan in any way but without being influenced by the mass media hysteria, Id say the guy will forever be a world champ regardless of whether he never plays a world class tournament ever again.

Makes me despair of a world where someone can be vilified so easily in order to be stripped of their achievements if you ask me.

Bristol

Really ?

“ the principles of decision making of my body are more important than any title”

Not a big sports fan in any way but without being influenced by the mass media hysteria, Id say the guy will forever be a world champ regardless of whether he never plays a world class tournament ever again.

Makes me despair of a world where someone can be vilified so easily in order to be stripped of their achievements if you ask me. "

He’s not being stripped of anything he is making the choice.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

"He’s not being stripped of anything he is making the choice.

"

Absolutely this.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Really ?

Makes me despair of a world where someone can be vilified so easily in order to be stripped of their achievements if you ask me. "

The room was lost as soon as you said "mass media"!

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

" Another multi millionaire standing up ?? and he hasn't sacrificed anything though the billions who have had the vaccine have as with out them no sports event would be going on ??? but in the end his body his choice and pretty easy to have a stance with millions in the bank but if you are on poverty wage ?? and let's not forget that it wasn't the likes of him that kept the UK and other countries going and perhaps we should be applauding and rewarding them ??

I agree with all you said. It doesn’t take anything away from all the real hero’s

It’s just refreshing to see a top athlete prepared to give up a chance of being the greatest player in history over personal convictions, and not being anti-vax at all and not breaking any rules whatsoever.

He chose to stay quiet during the tournament out of respect for the players. It’s now known his travel exemptions we’re issued like all others, the authorities unaware of the identity of the applicants, no special treatment, no rules broken, media hysteria and fake news as usual. His visa was cancelled not because any rules were broken, he won the court case. The government then exercised new powers to cancel a visa that the legal system found to be totally valid.

But he’s remarkably calm and accepting of what he will lose by not being vaccinated

"

It was carefully crafted interview, and I would expect he had the questions ahead of the interview.

He says he isn't anti-vaccination but clearly is. He said the timing and the PCR tests were all legit, the numbers were out of sync and he was out and about at a press conference to celebrate him being put on postage stamp whilst knowing he was positive with covid. He either knowingly met people whilst infected or wasn't infected at all, which would explain the sequence mix up.

He failed to complete his visa entry correctly, how and why, this should be bread and butter to a world travelling athlete.

The issues with him trying to enter and play at the Australian open haven't gone away but he has sucked a lot of people into the his media circus that is aimed at promoting him ahead of the upcoming tours. You've been duped

No, YOU’VE been duped

By *amdenfunMan  over a year ago

London

"No, YOU’VE been duped"

This could go on for a while...

Chez/Sheff

Sigh. I forgot why I don’t venture into this forum often.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"Sigh. I forgot why I don’t venture into this forum often. "

Let's run away together. I've had my booster

Chez/Sheff

"Sigh. I forgot why I don’t venture into this forum often.

Let's run away together. I've had my booster "

You’ll need it!

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 15/02/22 15:50:12]

Terra Firma

"No, YOU’VE been duped

This could go on for a while..."

I'm out, lost me with the capital letters

Bristol

I do think his strategy is to wait it out for another year in the hope that things will relax

Newcastle and Gateshead

Really ?

“ the principles of decision making of my body are more important than any title”"

I would think more of that statement if he basically hadn’t been caught faking his own exemption reasons…..

Anyway I think this is his first strike at trying to get sympathy.. because at the moment if the rules don’t change he can’t play in the french or the us open’s ….

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

I find it bizarre that people are allowed to compete in sporting events having failed drug tests and this guy is vilified for not wanting to put a foreign substance into his body.

I know it's a bit more complex than this but that's the crux of it. I am not anti-vax at all.

By *aulupforitMan  over a year ago

Tynemouth

Probably knows deep down he will not get to 21 grand slam titles.How ironic

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

You have to admire his strong beliefs.

"You have to admire his strong beliefs."

Indeed.

I don't admire him travelling the world, attending events, rubbing shoulders with people, when he knew he was Covid positive though.

Winston

Tynemouth

How do we know novac had covid as I would not take his word for it one Lorrie bit.

By *AABMan  over a year ago

Not far

" Another multi millionaire standing up ?? and he hasn't sacrificed anything though the billions who have had the vaccine have as with out them no sports event would be going on ??? but in the end his body his choice and pretty easy to have a stance with millions in the bank but if you are on poverty wage ?? and let's not forget that it wasn't the likes of him that kept the UK and other countries going and perhaps we should be applauding and rewarding them ??

It was carefully crafted interview, and I would expect he had the questions ahead of the interview.

He says he isn't anti-vaccination but clearly is. He said the timing and the PCR tests were all legit, the numbers were out of sync and he was out and about at a press conference to celebrate him being put on postage stamp whilst knowing he was positive with covid. He either knowingly met people whilst infected or wasn't infected at all, which would explain the sequence mix up.

He failed to complete his visa entry correctly, how and why, this should be bread and butter to a world travelling athlete.

The issues with him trying to enter and play at the Australian open haven't gone away but he has sucked a lot of people into the his media circus that is aimed at promoting him ahead of the upcoming tours. You've been duped "

He’s not antivax as he’d had other vaccines. His body his choice. Accept and move on.

Lets move on , the guy does not have to justifi himself . Like humans who choose not to take Jags . Even tho i have the 3

By *AABMan  over a year ago

Not far

"Lets move on , the guy does not have to justifi himself . Like humans who choose not to take Jags . Even tho i have the 3 "

When a user name like Audi Astra i can see why you choose not to drive Jags.

Good on him why should he be forced into having this vaccination. Had two but def not having any more

Tynemouth

"Good on him why should he be forced into having this vaccination. Had two but def not having any more "

He is not exactly being forced but it means he will not be allowed to play in certain tournaments and it his choice.

By *rKeefyMan  over a year ago

Ashton

He's a great player but not a great man, far from it.

What's that dorky celebration he does after he has won a match?

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

"He's a great player but not a great man, far from it.

What's that dorky celebration he does after he has won a match? "

while i dont agree with his stance on this, i do kind of admire him for sticking to his beliefs, and it seems hes prepaired to throw away his career over this, he could have been the greatest ever, but it wont happen now, but then again, the greatest always gets surpased by the next generation anyway, so i suppose it doesnt really matter, hes still a cock tho

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

“The principles of decision-making on my body are more important than any title, or anything else,”

Clear

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"

Hopefully he stands by his principles and goes I don't care I've got enough money.

"Legend … "

Just another man playing with his balls

By *esthetic21Man  over a year ago

west midlands

"

I do think he's gonna get round it because he said he's not gonna be forced to take a vaccine and good on him

Flintshire

"Great interview with him on Radio4 earlier , what an outstanding person. "

Flintshire

"

Let’s see how he tries to get around this one I do think he's gonna get round it because he said he's not gonna be forced to take a vaccine and good on him "

By *ominantDogMan  over a year ago

Manchester, Docklands, Exmoor

"Probably knows deep down he will not get to 21 grand slam titles.How ironic "

Where is the irony here?

Keen to learn.

By *nkforthekinkMan  over a year ago

london/fareham

"

Hero!

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

"

Hopefully he stands by his principles and goes I don't care I've got enough money.

"

Think its his bank balance that plays a big part in his principles!

"

Think its his bank balance that plays a big part in his principles!"

I know many who have fuck all bank account wise and are prepared for anything that comes to not take a medical procedure that’s totally unnecessary. I think it’s more to do with being balanced in possibilities of evaluating the risk and possible harms and deciding life and well being isn’t equated with money or fame.

"

Think its his bank balance that plays a big part in his principles!"

Or perhaps his principles have played a big part in his bank balance?

while i dont agree with his stance on this, i do kind of admire him for sticking to his beliefs, and it seems hes prepaired to throw away his career over this, he could have been the greatest ever, but it wont happen now, but then again, the greatest always gets surpased by the next generation anyway, so i suppose it doesnt really matter, hes still a cock tho"

Yeah, but no, but yeah, but no.

What a fabulous stream of consciousness.

Whilst I don't think he will lose any sleep over what you think about him, I have no doubt he would be able to take your outpouring and improve the punctuation and spelling.

Try using a full stop some time, you never know, you might enjoy it .

Hero! "

The qualifying bar for "hero's" is surprisingly low these days.

Winston

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

The issues with him trying to enter and play at the Australian open haven't gone away but he has sucked a lot of people into the his media circus that is aimed at promoting him ahead of the upcoming tours. You've been duped

He’s not antivax as he’d had other vaccines. His body his choice. Accept and move on."

He said he and other vaccines when he was a kid. Probably not his choice when he was a kid.

But he is clearly opposed to covid vaccines, I think we can agree on that much. That makes him anti-vax in my book.

Oddly, he sought to distance himself from anti-vax movement (protestors etc), while the are desperately trying to use him as their poster boy

Who really gives a damn about some sports bloke?

Winning a few tennis games doesn’t make his opinion any more valuable than the guy at the bus stop

henley on thames

Hero!

Winston"

Being afraid of a little injection seems to be enough!

By *ocket rocket 2021Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

Hero!

Winston"

I personally think the word HERO is too easily used anyway but I wouldn't put that label on him but I would say that the guy is an outstanding person and obviously one of the worlds best tennis players.

Hero!

Winston"

So Hero's qualifying bar is low?

I do hope other heroes have higher qualifying bars.

Tynemouth

"Probably knows deep down he will not get to 21 grand slam titles.How ironic

Where is the irony here?

Keen to learn."

Because he will not get to 21 majors.Are you stupid?

Tynemouth

while i dont agree with his stance on this, i do kind of admire him for sticking to his beliefs, and it seems hes prepaired to throw away his career over this, he could have been the greatest ever, but it wont happen now, but then again, the greatest always gets surpased by the next generation anyway, so i suppose it doesnt really matter, hes still a cock tho

Yeah, but no, but yeah, but no.

What a fabulous stream of consciousness.

Whilst I don't think he will lose any sleep over what you think about him, I have no doubt he would be able to take your outpouring and improve the punctuation and spelling.

Try using a full stop some time, you never know, you might enjoy it ."

Forum ecilop alert

henley on thames

Where is the irony here?

Keen to learn.

Because he will not get to 21 majors.Are you stupid?"

Why so offensive?

Where is the irony here?

Keen to learn.

Because he will not get to 21 majors.Are you stupid?"

Please explain why that is irony.

Anybody else hear the sound of breaking glass?

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

In May, Novak will turn 35 years old. If Nadal wins the French Open (it is likely), Novak will have to win 2 slams just to catch him. Maybe he thinks he can do it. He is still the number one and a major force but if he cannot compete at the French Open and later at that US tournaments (at the highest level) he may found out that he can not catch Nadal.

Now it is his pride talking but if he ends up not being the GOAT, he will regret it forever. Not that he is ever going to admit it.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

I'm surprised why so much agitation and emotion.

If people just take a step back from the edge and look at the reality rather than the story. I can understand why some people don't like the ability for some people to circumvent rules and that some people feel the rules are to "help" us mere mortals and protect us from serious illness.

But the reality is he is

An elite athlete who has taken incredible care of his health and well being. And he is amongst other elite athletes who also have taken incredible care of their health.

The argument that he must have a vaccine because it somehow will have an effect on any other individual than themselves is so flawed it is ridiculous.

I think it's a shame that politics has entered sport in this way. People aren't at threat from him whether he has a vax or not. Rules are rules and I get that. But some rules are only there for political reasons not for anyones protection.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"In May, Novak will turn 35 years old. If Nadal wins the French Open (it is likely), Novak will have to win 2 slams just to catch him. Maybe he thinks he can do it. He is still the number one and a major force but if he cannot compete at the French Open and later at that US tournaments (at the highest level) he may found out that he can not catch Nadal.

Now it is his pride talking but if he ends up not being the GOAT, he will regret it forever. Not that he is ever going to admit it."

and you know he will regret it? Watched the interview with him and he seemed pretty comfatable with the fact he may not be the best of all time,fair play to him sticking to his guns

Tynemouth

Where is the irony here?

Keen to learn.

Why so offensive? "

Not being offensive if it came across that way

Tynemouth

Where is the irony here?

Keen to learn.

Anybody else hear the sound of breaking glass?"

I love the sound of breaking glass - Nick Lowe

Stoke

"In May, Novak will turn 35 years old. If Nadal wins the French Open (it is likely), Novak will have to win 2 slams just to catch him. Maybe he thinks he can do it. He is still the number one and a major force but if he cannot compete at the French Open and later at that US tournaments (at the highest level) he may found out that he can not catch Nadal.

Now it is his pride talking but if he ends up not being the GOAT, he will regret it forever. Not that he is ever going to admit it.and you know he will regret it? Watched the interview with him and he seemed pretty comfatable with the fact he may not be the best of all time,fair play to him sticking to his guns"

Of course he will. For so many years he was third in slams behind Federer and Nadal. Coming so close to beat them and not being able to. He will regret it for life. Not that he is ever going to admit it. Like he is never going to admit that he had willingly filled the immigration form incorrectly.

Stoke

Now it is his pride talking but if he ends up not being the GOAT, he will regret it forever. Not that he is ever going to admit it.and you know he will regret it? Watched the interview with him and he seemed pretty comfatable with the fact he may not be the best of all time,fair play to him sticking to his guns

Of course he will. For so many years he was third in slams behind Federer and Nadal. Coming so close to beat them and not being able to. He will regret it for life. Not that he is ever going to admit it. Like he is never going to admit that he had willingly filled the immigration form incorrectly."

knowingly, not willingly

Hero!

Winston

I personally think the word HERO is too easily used anyway but I wouldn't put that label on him but I would say that the guy is an outstanding person and obviously one of the worlds best tennis players. "

Definitely one of the best tennis players of my generation. No arguments from me.

Calling him a hero for not getting vaccinated? Nah.

Winston

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

I’d really like Novak, Roger, Rafa all to end their career on the same number of slams.

Three greats that will leave a real void in tennis.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

He is sticking to his guns and said on the bbc interview that he wont take part in the french open nor wimbledon, he added that he is ready to give up his career for his principles, in a quote from him "the principles of decision making on my body are more important than any title or anything else"

Stoke

"He is sticking to his guns and said on the bbc interview that he wont take part in the french open nor wimbledon, he added that he is ready to give up his career for his principles, in a quote from him "the principles of decision making on my body are more important than any title or anything else" "

Like his principles of decision making in filling wrongly his immigration form.

Hero!

Winston

Being afraid of a little injection seems to be enough! "

As opposed to being afraid of a bad cold?

Whether you agree with Djokovic or not, you have to respect how he's standing up for what he believes in. He has a lot to lose, it would be much easier for him to just get the jab like everyone else, but he is standing up for bodily autonomy. Good on him.

Hero!

Winston

Whether you agree with Djokovic or not, you have to respect how he's standing up for what he believes in. He has a lot to lose, it would be much easier for him to just get the jab like everyone else, but he is standing up for bodily autonomy. Good on him. "

Why do you keep comparing catching Covid to catching a cold?

Winston

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

Hero!

Winston

Whether you agree with Djokovic or not, you have to respect how he's standing up for what he believes in. He has a lot to lose, it would be much easier for him to just get the jab like everyone else, but he is standing up for bodily autonomy. Good on him. "

So three of my friends have died from a bad cold….. thanks for the advice, I’ll tell that to their loved ones later.

henley on thames

Where is the irony here?

Keen to learn.

Why so offensive?

Not being offensive if it came across that way"

Yeah, the bit where you said “are you stupid” came across as being pretty offensive. Not a question of how it “came across”. Calling someone stupid is pretty offensive.

henley on thames

Hero!

Winston

No, I’m not afraid of a bad cold.

Is that what you classify covid as? If so, you clearly don’t knew anyone who suffered badly from it or died from it.

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

Reading some of the comments on here scares me about humanity. Often the needs of the many outweigh the need of the few. I am a huge djokovic fan but his stance is flawed. I agree we all should be given a choice to do with what we think is best for our bodies but we don't live alone on this planet so you must consider societies choices too and how your action will or can affect others. I'm sure that if his parent died of covid his stance on vaccination would change. People need to look at the big picture.

By *ancelot1633Man  over a year ago

Weybridge

Certainly a legend, and quite probably a nob. Up to him if he takes the vaccine, bad form to then mislead in an attempt to play where he shouldn’t.

I hope no one makes an exception for him that they wouldn’t for less famous more needy travel requests.

I wish him luck when we are back to normal but if Murray is done I’d prefer Nadal to win anyway.

By *reykiwi500Man  over a year ago

London

Where is the irony here?

Keen to learn.

Anybody else hear the sound of breaking glass?"

Perhaps he's a big Alanis Morrissette fan?

henley on thames

" Certainly a legend, and quite probably a nob. Up to him if he takes the vaccine, bad form to then mislead in an attempt to play where he shouldn’t.

I hope no one makes an exception for him that they wouldn’t for less famous more needy travel requests.

I wish him luck when we are back to normal but if Murray is done I’d prefer Nadal to win anyway."

Snap!

Wouldn’t change a single word if that

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

"He is still a knoob!!"

Is that for having his own mind, or dont you like him anyway

Where is the irony here?

Keen to learn.

I love the sound of breaking glass - Nick Lowe "

I have no doubt you do.

So I will ask again, where is the irony in the above statement?

Where is the irony here?

Keen to learn.

Why so offensive?

Not being offensive if it came across that way"

Ah yes, the non-offensive way of asking if somebody is stupid.

Perhaps you were being ironic? But given you don't understand what irony is, it probably isn't a defense you could reasonably claim.

henley on thames

"He is still a knoob!!

Is that for having his own mind, or dont you like him anyway"

Probably because he is a knob.

Had always been odd.

By *bi.or.not2biCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire

I’ve got a massive respect for him, he’s done his research and has chosen not to put something in his body, that’s his choice. As we’ve all got that same choice.

The amount of pro athletes having issues since having the jab would put anyone off.

It’s not up to anyone else to tell someone or judge them on wether or not they have had a Covid jab.

It’s been well proven now that you can still catch, carry, and pass on Covid even when your jabbed and triple boosted.

henley on thames

"I’ve got a massive respect for him, he’s done his research and has chosen not to put something in his body, that’s his choice. As we’ve all got that same choice.

The amount of pro athletes having issues since having the jab would put anyone off.

It’s not up to anyone else to tell someone or judge them on wether or not they have had a Covid jab.

It’s been well proven now that you can still catch, carry, and pass on Covid even when your jabbed and triple boosted. "

... and yet, having done all of this supposed research, he still refers to “the vaccine” as if there is only one.

Yes, you can catch and transmit covid even if you are jabbed. But it offers protection in reducing the severity. You knew that, right?

Tynemouth

Where is the irony here?

Keen to learn.

Why so offensive?

Not being offensive if it came

Yeah, the bit where you said “are you stupid” came across as being pretty offensive. Not a question of how it “came across”. Calling someone stupid is pretty offensive. "

Yes to you it might be offensive and if you read the post correctly as he will not get to 21 majors

Bristol

"I’ve got a massive respect for him, he’s done his research and has chosen not to put something in his body, that’s his choice. As we’ve all got that same choice.

It’s been well proven now that you can still catch, carry, and pass on Covid even when your jabbed and triple boosted. "

There has been very few if any increase in athletes having issues since having the vaccine this has been covered before

Tynemouth

Where is the irony here?

Keen to learn.

I have no doubt you do.

So I will ask again, where is the irony in the above statement?"

The irony is he will not reach 21 majors as Novac will be missing most of the tournaments and was apparent to everyone.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

For those saying "Hero" "Principled" etc. did you not follow the whole story? or just pick out the latest interview bits?

What about these nuggets..?

A previous positive result would get him into Aus.

1. His positive PCR test done by his own doctor had a much higher issue serial number than his four or more days later negative result. Something even the Serbian authorities say is odd & has never happened before?

2. the day after taking his PCR test he visited a school & then took part in a TV interview, not a mask in sight. Despite health authorities saying you should isolate while awaiting the results of a test "Just in case".

3. On the Aus immigration form it asks "Have you visited any other countries within the last 14 days?"

He or his management answered "No" when in fact two or three days prior to his departure for Aus he was in Spain & I would have thought even his obviously crap management would have known that so soon before his departure?

So I personally think hero & principled are not quite the words I would use here.

Fine he's not getting jabbed, not a problem, his choice. But not getting jabbed & then trying to wangle & cheat your way into a country that requires it smacks of something a long long long way away from hero or principled........

I mean he could have just isolated for fourteen days prior to the event?

S

Where is the irony here?

Keen to learn.

I have no doubt you do.

So I will ask again, where is the irony in the above statement?

The irony is he will not reach 21 majors as Novac will be missing most of the tournaments and was apparent to everyone."

That isn't irony.

Rather than keep digging, perhaps look up a definition of what irony is, or, failing that ask someone to explain to you what irony is.

You have been unintentionally ironic yourself twice in your responses to my posts. Perhaps, armed with your newfound understanding of the term, you can then go back and see if you can find them.

As a final aside, the use of a superlative in describing what is apparent is always a dangerous game.

It may be apparent to you, but to surmise that it is apparent to "everyone", suggests that you think everyone thinks the way that you do, which mercifully "everyone" does not. Without wishing to state the obvious, I would point you in the direction of the chief protagonist in this topic as at least one person who does not share your view.

By *ecretlivesCouple  over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

"For those saying "Hero" "Principled" etc. did you not follow the whole story? or just pick out the latest interview bits?

1. His positive PCR test done by his own doctor had a much higher issue serial number than his four or more days later negative result. Something even the Serbian authorities say is odd & has never happened before?

2. the day after taking his PCR test he visited a school & then took part in a TV interview, not a mask in sight. Despite health authorities saying you should isolate while awaiting the results of a test "Just in case".

3. On the Aus immigration form it asks "Have you visited any other countries within the last 14 days?"

He or his management answered "No" when in fact two or three days prior to his departure for Aus he was in Spain & I would have thought even his obviously crap management would have known that so soon before his departure?

So I personally think hero & principled are not quite the words I would use here.

Fine he's not getting jabbed, not a problem, his choice. But not getting jabbed & then trying to wangle & cheat your way into a country that requires it smacks of something a long long long way away from hero or principled........

S"

Worth also adding that he didn't "win" his court case, the judge (rightly) disallowed Aus gov removal of visa on the basis that the procedures to remove it and then him were not followed properly. If they had, he would have supported his removal. Aus gov admin incompetance created his status as anti-vax hero, which many of the same now happily conflate with his genius on the court as "one of us"

henley on thames

Where is the irony here?

Keen to learn.

Why so offensive?

Yeah, the bit where you said “are you stupid” came across as being pretty offensive. Not a question of how it “came across”. Calling someone stupid is pretty offensive.

Yes to you it might be offensive and if you read the post correctly as he will not get to 21 majors"

Calling someone stupid “might” be offensive?

No “might” about it, it’s a clear snd intentional insult. Maybe stop pretending otherwise?

"For those saying "Hero" "Principled" etc. did you not follow the whole story? or just pick out the latest interview bits?

S"

Tynemouth

You may want to look up what irony is as well ?

That is what forums are for to agree to disagree.What you think is totally different to other peoples views.

Just because you do not like somebody’s view does not always make you right or wrong.

Tynemouth

Where is the irony here?

Keen to learn.

Why so offensive?

Yes to you it might be offensive and if you read the post correctly as he will not get to 21 majors

Calling someone stupid “might” be offensive?

No “might” about it, it’s a clear snd intentional insult. Maybe stop pretending otherwise? "

Your opinion again now move on..

Stoke

Strange logic but it explains completely his stance towards vaccines and covid. But he saw some sense and betrayed his beliefs back then in his quest for global recognition as one of the best in tennis.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2022/feb/15/novak-djokovic-propensity-self-sabotage-defining-trait-tennis

“Over the past 11 years of men’s tennis, during which Novak Djokovic rose to dominance and improbably positioned himself as one of the greatest to play the game, the only time his success has been in doubt came after the summer of 2017 when he suffered through many months with an elbow injury.

The injury became a point of contention between himself and his then-coach, Andre Agassi, who later said he had swiftly advocated surgery. But Djokovic addressed the injury by resting for nearly six months, believing his body was built to heal itself naturally. It was not. After returning the next year to pain and early losses Djokovic finally underwent surgery in February 2018. As he digested his guilt about agreeing to the surgery, he cried for days.”

henley on thames

"Strange logic but it explains completely his stance towards vaccines and covid. But he saw some sense and betrayed his beliefs back then in his quest for global recognition as one of the best in tennis.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2022/feb/15/novak-djokovic-propensity-self-sabotage-defining-trait-tennis

“Over the past 11 years of men’s tennis, during which Novak Djokovic rose to dominance and improbably positioned himself as one of the greatest to play the game, the only time his success has been in doubt came after the summer of 2017 when he suffered through many months with an elbow injury.

The injury became a point of contention between himself and his then-coach, Andre Agassi, who later said he had swiftly advocated surgery. But Djokovic addressed the injury by resting for nearly six months, believing his body was built to heal itself naturally. It was not. After returning the next year to pain and early losses Djokovic finally underwent surgery in February 2018. As he digested his guilt about agreeing to the surgery, he cried for days.”

"

Strange dude ...

By *iggstimpyCouple  over a year ago

South East

There’s only two reasons to get the jab. His own health - irrelevant as the risk to him is so low.

Or to protect others. With regards to that aspect, we all know the jab only lowers the risk of catching it, lowers the risk of having it bad and lowers the risk of passing it on because you had it bad. Which is exactly the same as being fit and healthy. So he has lowered his risk to others through good health and others have done it via jabs and let their health get worse (most people are fatter and less healthy now than 2 years ago) You can argue that the jab lowers it more but now you’re just debating how low someone should be responsible for getting the risk to others. In which case you should be discussing unhealthy jabbed people who could also do something about getting their risk down further. End of the day, if every person, able to improve their health did so, covid would have had no where to go beyond the hospitals and care homes.

By *obby1Man  over a year ago

newcastle

He should be banned from all comps except in his own country

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

" End of the day, if every person, able to improve their health did so, covid would have had no where to go beyond the hospitals and care homes. "

Very well said and something that has been largely missing from the discourse throughout the pandemic

By *r easy1981Man  over a year ago

leeds

He has the Wright idea good man it’s his body his say

South East

" End of the day, if every person, able to improve their health did so, covid would have had no where to go beyond the hospitals and care homes.

Very well said and something that has been largely missing from the discourse throughout the pandemic

"

Been completely missing. Gov had perfect chance to tackle the REAL health issue that puts hundreds in the morgue every day, and will be doing so long after covid - general poor health. And they didn’t bother. They literally had a disease killing people who where unhealthy and they told them to sit on the sofa, eat a pizza and wait for an injection. In 20 years when type 2 diabetes is rampant and 80% of adults are obese……it will be this last two years that was the missed chance to stop that.

Newcastle and Gateshead

S

"

Just from a sporting POV I won’t call anyone a “hero” after they have been disqualified from tennis tournaments more than once for firing tennis balls in anger at officials including umpires and ballboys/girls

But hey… worship at the alter of Novak if you will……

By *uff the Boner!Man  over a year ago

SWANSEA

His ignorance and arrogance is quite simply breathtaking

By *ustfun 1984Man  over a year ago

exeter

Who really gives a shit gets paid stupid money to hit a yellow fuzzy ball around when people in health care struggle along dont get jabbed retire and get on with life

Stoke

Oh I forgot what he said about water…

There is some logic.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/tennis/novak-djokovic-positive-emotions-can-purify-polluted-water_sto7744129/story.shtml

The 17-time Grand Slam champion was speaking to Chervin Jafarieh as part of his series 'The Self Mastery Project' on Instagram Live where they discussed the health benefits of good emotions.

And in a passage which prompted scorn, Djokovic made false scientific claims to push his controversial beliefs.

“It’s the connection that you’re talking about, the innate connection and really being present and being conscious of the moment and being conscious of the fact you’re drinking water," Djokovic said.

"I've seen people and I know some people that, through that energetical transformation, through the power of prayer, through the power of gratitude, they manage to turn the most toxic food or most polluted water, into the most healing water.

"Because water reacts and scientists have proven that, that molecules in the water react to our emotions, to what is being said.

"I truly believe that we should continuously, every single day that when we sit, we sit without cameras, without phones … or even worse having nervous discussions and conflictual (sic) discussions at the table with your close ones during your meal."

Fook leave the guy along he is doing what he thinks best . It's fucking simple

By *ustfun 1984Man  over a year ago

exeter

"Fook leave the guy along he is doing what he thinks best . It's fucking simple "

Simple is going to a country and knowing there covid rules and regs and not thinking because he a big tennis star he can do what he likes simple is as simple does

FABWatch HQ

"There’s only two reasons to get the jab. His own health - irrelevant as the risk to him is so low.

Or to protect others. With regards to that aspect, we all know the jab only lowers the risk of catching it, lowers the risk of having it bad and lowers the risk of passing it on because you had it bad. Which is exactly the same as being fit and healthy. So he has lowered his risk to others through good health and others have done it via jabs and let their health get worse (most people are fatter and less healthy now than 2 years ago) You can argue that the jab lowers it more but now you’re just debating how low someone should be responsible for getting the risk to others. In which case you should be discussing unhealthy jabbed people who could also do something about getting their risk down further. End of the day, if every person, able to improve their health did so, covid would have had no where to go beyond the hospitals and care homes. "

No argument with you that obesity kills, and for many years successive govts did not do enough. However you state being fit and healthy is equivalent to vaccination which is simply rubbish. Fit healthy people do get long term consequences that would have been avoided by taking the vaccine, no matter how fit. Hospitalisation and death are "just" the headlines. Far more people are reporting long term quality-of-life changing events. Which leads to a third reason he should take the vaccine - it is safe and his privileged position entails a level of social responsibility for him to set the example.

Perhaps he will just wait till sponsors drop him...

"There’s only two reasons to get the jab. His own health - irrelevant as the risk to him is so low.

Or to protect others. With regards to that aspect, we all know the jab only lowers the risk of catching it, lowers the risk of having it bad and lowers the risk of passing it on because you had it bad. Which is exactly the same as being fit and healthy. So he has lowered his risk to others through good health and others have done it via jabs and let their health get worse (most people are fatter and less healthy now than 2 years ago) You can argue that the jab lowers it more but now you’re just debating how low someone should be responsible for getting the risk to others. In which case you should be discussing unhealthy jabbed people who could also do something about getting their risk down further. End of the day, if every person, able to improve their health did so, covid would have had no where to go beyond the hospitals and care homes.

No argument with you that obesity kills, and for many years successive govts did not do enough. However you state being fit and healthy is equivalent to vaccination which is simply rubbish. Fit healthy people do get long term consequences that would have been avoided by taking the vaccine, no matter how fit. Hospitalisation and death are "just" the headlines. Far more people are reporting long term quality-of-life changing events. Which leads to a third reason he should take the vaccine - it is safe and his privileged position entails a level of social responsibility for him to set the example.

Perhaps he will just wait till sponsors drop him... "

By *illloganMan  over a year ago

Essex

Brilliant thread, I love jabbed people getting so offended at the fact there is someone out there that doesn't want to be forced in to a medical procedure.

Never have I seen something so dividing, almost like tory supporters vs Labour supporters.

Also, not getting a covid jab does not automatically make a person Anti vax, just like not eating chicken doesn't automatically make you a vegetarian.

Let people make their own choices about their own body... After all, the people making these covid rules have been caught breaking the rules multiple times, yet you'll still vote for them despite the huge sacrifices you were forced to make during the past 2 years, while the powers that be simply mocked you. Maybe that's why you're so angry and opinionated that Novak isn't just rolling over and obeying like you did?

"oh it's easy to have principles when you're a millionaire"

No, you're just a prisoner to a system and have no backbone

Live and let live.

Flintshire

"Brilliant thread, I love jabbed people getting so offended at the fact there is someone out there that doesn't want to be forced in to a medical procedure.

Never have I seen something so dividing, almost like tory supporters vs Labour supporters.

Also, not getting a covid jab does not automatically make a person Anti vax, just like not eating chicken doesn't automatically make you a vegetarian.

Let people make their own choices about their own body... After all, the people making these covid rules have been caught breaking the rules multiple times, yet you'll still vote for them despite the huge sacrifices you were forced to make during the past 2 years, while the powers that be simply mocked you. Maybe that's why you're so angry and opinionated that Novak isn't just rolling over and obeying like you did?

Live and let live. "

Well said indeed …. I’m in mental health not a millionaire but have stuck to my opinion for two years …..of not having it …. Only one on the team not jabbed .. I stand by what I believe in and I choose what I wish to receive … it’s all about choice

Bristol

"Brilliant thread, I love jabbed people getting so offended at the fact there is someone out there that doesn't want to be forced in to a medical procedure.

Live and let live. "

he broke the rules of a coutry that he was visting he is quite entitled to not get the jab

and they were quite entitled not to let him stay

end of argumant

FABWatch HQ

Live and let live.

Well said indeed …. I’m in mental health not a millionaire but have stuck to my opinion for two years …..of not having it …. Only one on the team not jabbed .. I stand by what I believe in and I choose what I wish to receive … it’s all about choice "

Choice indeed. You raise a specific area so I can comment. Making a virtue of being the only one, to defend something when others overwhelmingly do not, where opposition strengthens the belief beyond the rational is a common thread in some users of mental health services. We know people can go way off path and their choices become dangerous to themselves and others. It is why it only takes two doctors to section someone. So what makes the tens of thousands of doctors and other medical professionals that think vaccination is a good idea so wrong?

Live and let live.

Well said indeed …. I’m in mental health not a millionaire but have stuck to my opinion for two years …..of not having it …. Only one on the team not jabbed .. I stand by what I believe in and I choose what I wish to receive … it’s all about choice

Choice indeed. You raise a specific area so I can comment. Making a virtue of being the only one, to defend something when others overwhelmingly do not, where opposition strengthens the belief beyond the rational is a common thread in some users of mental health services. We know people can go way off path and their choices become dangerous to themselves and others. It is why it only takes two doctors to section someone. So what makes the tens of thousands of doctors and other medical professionals that think vaccination is a good idea so wrong? "

I think you’ll find at the beginning of the so called pandemic that was changed and now only one doctor is required to section a person under the mental health act, and it also includes indefinite periods. And one a side note there has also been a change in regards to organ donation. Or should I say organ harvesting, as now you have to opt out. Changed April 2020 if I remember correctly. Just in time for the plandemic that many have embraced fervently.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Live and let live.

Choice indeed. You raise a specific area so I can comment. Making a virtue of being the only one, to defend something when others overwhelmingly do not, where opposition strengthens the belief beyond the rational is a common thread in some users of mental health services. We know people can go way off path and their choices become dangerous to themselves and others. It is why it only takes two doctors to section someone. So what makes the tens of thousands of doctors and other medical professionals that think vaccination is a good idea so wrong?

I think you’ll find at the beginning of the so called pandemic that was changed and now only one doctor is required to section a person under the mental health act, and it also includes indefinite periods. And one a side note there has also been a change in regards to organ donation. Or should I say organ harvesting, as now you have to opt out. Changed April 2020 if I remember correctly. Just in time for the plandemic that many have embraced fervently. "

Can you provide a link for the change to mental health act. Don't recall it and can't find any reference to it anywhere. There are lots of safe guards in the mental health act to prevent indefinite or long periods of care. The organ donation opt out has been talked about for at least 20 years. The act was passed in May 2019 way before covid,came into law may 2020. Why would disregard the opinion of millions of health workers and scientists and believe the opinion of a tiny %.

Dubai / Nottingham

I listened the documentary last week of the guy in Ireland sectioned for 12 weeks, still in the same hospital 34 years later , declared well by courts and should of been released 25 years ago. Shocking what’s possible under this act

Just like the Australian minister who cancelled Djokovic’s visa after a court ruled in his favour. He actually used new powers to cancel it on the grounds of perceived anti-vax sentiment being increased, not that fed broke any rules . What a joke.

henley on thames

" End of the day, if every person, able to improve their health did so, covid would have had no where to go beyond the hospitals and care homes.

Been completely missing. Gov had perfect chance to tackle the REAL health issue that puts hundreds in the morgue every day, and will be doing so long after covid - general poor health. And they didn’t bother. They literally had a disease killing people who where unhealthy and they told them to sit on the sofa, eat a pizza and wait for an injection. In 20 years when type 2 diabetes is rampant and 80% of adults are obese……it will be this last two years that was the missed chance to stop that. "

I don’t recall the advice to sit on the sofa and eat pizza. I do remember the advice to get out and exercise every day. We seem to remember different things!

henley on thames

Live and let live.

I think you’ll find at the beginning of the so called pandemic that was changed and now only one doctor is required to section a person under the mental health act, and it also includes indefinite periods. And one a side note there has also been a change in regards to organ donation. Or should I say organ harvesting, as now you have to opt out. Changed April 2020 if I remember correctly. Just in time for the plandemic that many have embraced fervently. "

Plandemic? You think that a global wave of death was deliberate?

Live and let live.

I think you’ll find at the beginning of the so called pandemic that was changed and now only one doctor is required to section a person under the mental health act, and it also includes indefinite periods. And one a side note there has also been a change in regards to organ donation. Or should I say organ harvesting, as now you have to opt out. Changed April 2020 if I remember correctly. Just in time for the plandemic that many have embraced fervently.

Can you provide a link for the change to mental health act. Don't recall it and can't find any reference to it anywhere. There are lots of safe guards in the mental health act to prevent indefinite or long periods of care. The organ donation opt out has been talked about for at least 20 years. The act was passed in May 2019 way before covid,came into law may 2020. Why would disregard the opinion of millions of health workers and scientists and believe the opinion of a tiny %."

Nope just had a browse and can’t find anything. But not everything that is revealed changed or presented continues to stay on platforms that are easy changeable such as the internet. My recollection is that it was a valid source, True or not I know nobody can know anything is true 100% and that’s a highly likely fact

Organ donation laws changed 20/05/20 easy check on organ donation website shows this. Same way that people are not being given informed consent regarding possible life threatening inoculations, they are not informed of their choice to know they are required to opt out.

Your last point was a question to me regarding my not trusting all the so called professionals over a minority that claim otherwise regarding the whole 9 yards of bs that’s been promulgated. Well I live by the life I experience and not in the way I’m directed to especially one that’s driven by fear. Fear is one of the major contributors to creating a low immune system. It’s been uncovered that that the uk used what they referred to as nudge system, which is to use fear to direct their behaviours. This alone is enough regardless of living in a place like a care home with lots of old vulnerable people none died or even got ill. There’s so much more that could be pointed to but this one cares not a jot what ‘others’ believe or do. None of the so called restrictions restricted this one, but in that sense I’m always respectful in giving those that choose to believe their reality space.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

Live and let live. "

“….. Let people make their own choices about their own body... ”

——————————

The same way governments make their own choices regarding who they allow into their country.

No Vax; no entry.

Live and let live.

Plandemic? You think that a global wave of death was deliberate? "

Global wave of death?

henley on thames

Live and let live.

Global wave of death? "

Yes. Millions of problem have died from the virus globally. And the suggestion in the word “plandemic” is clearly that this was deliberate, that somehow. 200 governments and leadership regimes, who can’t agree on anything, conspired to kill millions of people and keep it secret.

Live and let live.

Global wave of death?

Yes. Millions of problem have died from the virus globally. And the suggestion in the word “plandemic” is clearly that this was deliberate, that somehow. 200 governments and leadership regimes, who can’t agree on anything, conspired to kill millions of people and keep it secret. "

Yeah it’s great in it. Enjoy the show!

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Choice. It’s a great thing to have. Some people don’t get a choice in their jobs and if you were operated on by a surgeon you would be expecting them to be up to date with their compulsory vaccines. No argument or choice there.

As for Novak … who cares? I’m surprised they gave him airtime. He knowingly went out to mix with people when he had tested positive.

Live and let live.

he broke the rules of a coutry that he was visting he is quite entitled to not get the jab

and they were quite entitled not to let him stay

end of argumant "

I have no problem with anybody being unvaccinated, it's personal choice at the end of the day and nobody should dictate what you are or aren't going to put in your body.

The way society act is way over the top, but government have conditioned this response. Society generally assumes unvaccinated people are carrying covid at all times, must be segregated from society and talked into having the jab.

Absolute bollocks!

South East

Perhaps he will just wait till sponsors drop him... "

No, I said that being fit and healthy lowers the risk. Getting vaccinated also lowers the risk. I also said you were free to argue by how much but you are now simply debating degrees of risk.

Here’s a simple test, there are thousands of famous sports people around the world. Name some with serious covid issues? The reality is 99/100 when someone says “they had it bad but were really fit…. they mean they played 5 a side footie once a week before a few beers. Truly healthy people with serious covid are an extreme rarity.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Live and let live.

Can you provide a link for the change to mental health act. Don't recall it and can't find any reference to it anywhere. There are lots of safe guards in the mental health act to prevent indefinite or long periods of care. The organ donation opt out has been talked about for at least 20 years. The act was passed in May 2019 way before covid,came into law may 2020. Why would disregard the opinion of millions of health workers and scientists and believe the opinion of a tiny %.

Nope just had a browse and can’t find anything. But not everything that is revealed changed or presented continues to stay on platforms that are easy changeable such as the internet. My recollection is that it was a valid source, True or not I know nobody can know anything is true 100% and that’s a highly likely fact

Organ donation laws changed 20/05/20 easy check on organ donation website shows this. Same way that people are not being given informed consent regarding possible life threatening inoculations, they are not informed of their choice to know they are required to opt out.

Your last point was a question to me regarding my not trusting all the so called professionals over a minority that claim otherwise regarding the whole 9 yards of bs that’s been promulgated. Well I live by the life I experience and not in the way I’m directed to especially one that’s driven by fear. Fear is one of the major contributors to creating a low immune system. It’s been uncovered that that the uk used what they referred to as nudge system, which is to use fear to direct their behaviours. This alone is enough regardless of living in a place like a care home with lots of old vulnerable people none died or even got ill. There’s so much more that could be pointed to but this one cares not a jot what ‘others’ believe or do. None of the so called restrictions restricted this one, but in that sense I’m always respectful in giving those that choose to believe their reality space. "

So you literally made absolutely everything you said. Well done you are amazing that is brilliant

By *uiet confidenceMan  over a year ago

Warrington

It’s entirely Djokovic’s choice whether or not he gets vaccinated, but he needs the majority of the public to be vaccinated in order to make his living. Without that, international tennis would still likely be on hold.

I’ve always liked him, but lost a lot of respect for him recently. I feel he needs to be more accepting that his choices have consequences and that it is absolutely nobody else’s fault what happened to him - the rules in Australia were simple. If you were vaccinated, you were eligible to play. His choice was simple, and he made it. So he shouldn’t have whinged about it.

By *reat me rightWoman  over a year ago

Rotherham

"I thought I saw on another thread that he was getting vaccinated or was that just a rumour?"

He was interviewed on BBC breakfast the other day and said he would not be getting vaccinated even if that meant missing Wimbledon etc etc etc because he was an athlete who watched and controlled what went into his body very carefully

He's got more money than his kiss kids kids kids kids could ever spend anyhow and thought himself enough of a god to travel to Oz to attempt to circumnavigate their rules - cockwomble

Essex

Live and let live.

——————————

The same way governments make their own choices regarding who they allow into their country.

No Vax; no entry. "

Awkward when that government sets rules and doesn't follow them themselves, so why should we? Woeful leadership.

Essex

Live and let live.

Choice indeed. You raise a specific area so I can comment. Making a virtue of being the only one, to defend something when others overwhelmingly do not, where opposition strengthens the belief beyond the rational is a common thread in some users of mental health services. We know people can go way off path and their choices become dangerous to themselves and others. It is why it only takes two doctors to section someone. So what makes the tens of thousands of doctors and other medical professionals that think vaccination is a good idea so wrong? "

Vaccination is a great idea.

Forcing people to take a specific vax by threatening to make them second class citizens and take their job however is absolutely not a good idea.

You can threaten some people and they will roll over like we have seen in the UK on a mass scale, but not everyone will, and rightly so.

I would also argue that there are thousands of doctors standing up for what they believe in, speaking out and putting their careers on the line for being against this specific vaccine, not all of them.

My stance is, these people have trained for years to become a doctor, most likely spent thousands doing so, and arguably know more than I ever will in regards to medical science... Why are they willing to risk it all? Perhaps the tens of thousands of doctors you speak of would be the members of public to just do as they're told if they weren't a doctor, who knows.

By *he sultan of swingMan  over a year ago

mid devon

He's a free man of the land! As are all of us under the magna carta act!

Bristol

"He's a free man of the land! As are all of us under the magna carta act!"

Rubbish!

By *affquestCouple  over a year ago

Rotherham

——————————

No Vax; no entry.

Yep - what he said sums of up for me .

“ you can’t enter the country without a passport “

“ I haven’t got a passport !”

“You’re not coming in then”.

"He's a free man of the land! As are all of us under the magna carta act!"

Uh huh, uh huh........

Winston

Rotherham

"He's a free man of the land! As are all of us under the magna carta act!

Uh huh, uh huh........

Winston "

“Man is born free but everywhere is in chains.”

10 points if you don’t have to Google the quote

Bristol

"He's a free man of the land! As are all of us under the magna carta act!

Uh huh, uh huh........

Winston

“Man is born free but everywhere is in chains.”

10 points if you don’t have to Google the quote "

I'm thick as mince so just had to google it

mid devon

NO Freeman shall be taken or imprisoned, or be disseised of his Freehold, or Liberties, or free Customs, or be outlawed, or exiled, or any other wise destroyed; nor will We not pass upon him, nor [X1condemn him,] but by lawful judgment of his Peers, or by the Law of the Land. We will sell to no man, we will not deny or defer to any man either Justice or Right

magna carta (1297)

Rotherham

"NO Freeman shall be taken or imprisoned, or be disseised of his Freehold, or Liberties, or free Customs, or be outlawed, or exiled, or any other wise destroyed; nor will We not pass upon him, nor [X1condemn him,] but by lawful judgment of his Peers, or by the Law of the Land. We will sell to no man, we will not deny or defer to any man either Justice or Right

magna carta (1297)"

That’s Novak screwed then because his peers and the law of the land have condemned him ( well stopped him entering a country without his jab to be exact )

:/

"NO Freeman shall be taken or imprisoned, or be disseised of his Freehold, or Liberties, or free Customs, or be outlawed, or exiled, or any other wise destroyed; nor will We not pass upon him, nor [X1condemn him,] but by lawful judgment of his Peers, or by the Law of the Land. We will sell to no man, we will not deny or defer to any man either Justice or Right

magna carta (1297)"

Hells teeth you may be onto something. One question though.

How does a peace treaty between an English King and his rebellious barons apply to a Serbian entering Australia?

Might be tricky to enforce

will no one rid me of this troublesome tennis player

Bristol

magna carta (1297)"

Now this is just thought but I think things have changed a tad sine 1297

And the bit about lawful judgement of his peers means the law of the land which has changed since then

mid devon

It means you are free to do what u want no one should be judge for that

magna carta (1297)

And the bit about lawful judgement of his peers means the law of the land which has changed since then "

The law of this land is Common law if you choose to enter into contract with a policy oversee’er (police officer) and you stand under his authority, yes guv I understand then you will be dealt with as a corporation other than the living being. No victim no crime.

Bristol

"It means you are free to do what u want no one should be judge for that"

That’s ok as long as it does not effect others or are you one of the he who has the biggest stick survives ?

Without laws and rules it would be survival of the fittest

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 20/02/22 11:52:12]

Terra Firma

magna carta (1297)

And the bit about lawful judgement of his peers means the law of the land which has changed since then

The law of this land is Common law if you choose to enter into contract with a policy oversee’er (police officer) and you stand under his authority, yes guv I understand then you will be dealt with as a corporation other than the living being. No victim no crime. "

Ignorance of the law is common amongst a certain group of people who spout Magna Carta nonsense. Some of these people are still paying substantial fines and face losing their possessions to the hands of bailiffs, demonstrating their nonsense as the baloney it is with such irony.

Bristol

magna carta (1297)

The law of this land is Common law if you choose to enter into contract with a policy oversee’er (police officer) and you stand under his authority, yes guv I understand then you will be dealt with as a corporation other than the living being. No victim no crime.

Ignorance of the law is common amongst a certain group of people who spout Magna Carta nonsense. Some of these people are still paying substantial fines and face losing their possessions to the hands of bailiffs, demonstrating their nonsense as the baloney it is with such irony. "

And you can bet on them calling for the police at the first sign of danger to them.

Manga Carta goes right out the window then

henley on thames

Live and let live.

——————————

No Vax; no entry.

Awkward when that government sets rules and doesn't follow them themselves, so why should we? Woeful leadership. "

Yeah it’s poor behaviour from some of the government, but a bit irrelevant.

If a government minister gets caught drink driving that doesn’t mean it’s ok for me to flout the rules too. It still simply means that they we’re wrong to break the rules.

Live and let live.

——————————

No Vax; no entry.

Awkward when that government sets rules and doesn't follow them themselves, so why should we? Woeful leadership.

Yeah it’s poor behaviour from some of the government, but a bit irrelevant.

If a government minister gets caught drink driving that doesn’t mean it’s ok for me to flout the rules too. It still simply means that they we’re wrong to break the rules. "

henley on thames

magna carta (1297)"

Relevance to tennis players being kicked out of Australia?

Rotherham

magna carta (1297)

Relevance to tennis players being kicked out of Australia? "

Relevance being that the laws shall be applied to all I guess.

Love how this thread has developed though.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

magna carta (1297)

-------

The law of this land is Common law if you choose to enter into contract with a policy oversee’er (police officer) and you stand under his authority, yes guv I understand then you will be dealt with as a corporation other than the living being. No victim no crime. "

I think you have misunderstood what common law means. In the UK, "common law" refers to the way that judges apply a certain fluidity to their interpretation of "The letter of the law" and how the outcomes of other cases set a precedent.

It DOESN'T mean that the writen laws don't count. In the UK, Laws are set by the Government, the Government are put in place by the people... that gives them the mandate to make decisions on the behalf of and in the interest of the people. This includes employing police to enforce these laws.

It's really quite simple.

Cal

Bristol

magna carta (1297)

Relevance to tennis players being kicked out of Australia?

Relevance being that the laws shall be applied to all I guess.

Love how this thread has developed though. "

Do any of these supporters think that anyone else would have been treated differently?

He chose to make a big deal of it by voluntarily entering into the quarantine system so as to push his agenda instead of either obeying the rules in place at the time or just going home.

Just grandstanding

mid devon

magna carta (1297)

-------

I think you have misunderstood what common law means. In the UK, "common law" refers to the way that judges apply a certain fluidity to their interpretation of "The letter of the law" and how the outcomes of other cases set a precedent.

It DOESN'T mean that the writen laws don't count. In the UK, Laws are set by the Government, the Government are put in place by the people... that gives them the mandate to make decisions on the behalf of and in the interest of the people. This includes employing police to enforce these laws.

Cal"

When has the government made decisions based on our best interests! Lol they locked us all up welst they had a fucking party! Are you deluded

magna carta (1297)

-------

Cal

When has the government made decisions based on our best interests! Lol they locked us all up welst they had a fucking party! Are you deluded "

I'm quietly confident Cal is not the deluded one here.

Winston

mid devon

Sheep

"Sheep "

You know that point when you've lost the argument?

Winston

FABWatch HQ

Live and let live.

Forcing people to take a specific vax by threatening to make them second class citizens and take their job however is absolutely not a good idea.

You can threaten some people and they will roll over like we have seen in the UK on a mass scale, but not everyone will, and rightly so.

I would also argue that there are thousands of doctors standing up for what they believe in, speaking out and putting their careers on the line for being against this specific vaccine, not all of them.

My stance is, these people have trained for years to become a doctor, most likely spent thousands doing so, and arguably know more than I ever will in regards to medical science... Why are they willing to risk it all? Perhaps the tens of thousands of doctors you speak of would be the members of public to just do as they're told if they weren't a doctor, who knows.

"

They are not risking anything by having a personal opinion about their desire to vaccinate. Not all doctors are the same. Many doctors are not epidemiologists, virologists, immunisation specialists. They are doctors of a thousand different specialisms (or none such as a GP). As such their opinion on their own personal care is irrelevant. If those same Doctors then told their patients to NOT vaccinate with no contra indication other than a personal belief, when the overwhelming SPECIALISTS in the field say otherwise, I would expect to see them disciplined robustly. The only reason you hear about doctors who disagree is their relative rarity, and the medias desire to provoke.

Why do they have their opinions - who knows - but the key problem to science and its greatest advantage is its empiricism: it absolutely has to be challenged and address challenges - however "left field" random, ill-intentioned or agenda driven it may be. This is broadly where this thread (ditto society) is today. Individuals legitimately seeking and using pseudoscience, logical fallacies, conflation and obfuscation as well as legitimate argument by way of debate to defend their agenda. Naysayers can say anything without proof or education and not have to justify, whereas scientists have to robustly defend each and every angle or be deemed to have no credibitlity. All fair, if not without consequence.

Remember the ONE doctor who linked Autism to MMR vaccination, who just also happened to have an alternative therapy he was pedalling - and the thousands of cases of measles mumps and rubella believed to be the outcome.

Bristol

"Sheep

Winston"

magna carta (1297)

-------

Cal"

If that’s what you wish to believe then fair dinkum doesn’t make it truth though. If an officer engages a man/woman and there is no crime ie no victim then if said officer is upholding his oath of office then man/women is under no obligation to speak to said officer. Furthermore if he then goes onto arrest without a crime then it’s an unlawful arrest. Understandably not all instances can be applied to every situation. If your being told I want your details because your outside when your not supposed to be, ie lockdown fines, then sticking to your right to remain silent you will, if all is being upheld lawfully, be released after 24hrs.

henley on thames

"Sheep "

Whatever you’re into!

henley on thames

magna carta (1297)

-------

Cal

If that’s what you wish to believe then fair dinkum doesn’t make it truth though. If an officer engages a man/woman and there is no crime ie no victim then if said officer is upholding his oath of office then man/women is under no obligation to speak to said officer. Furthermore if he then goes onto arrest without a crime then it’s an unlawful arrest. Understandably not all instances can be applied to every situation. If your being told I want your details because your outside when your not supposed to be, ie lockdown fines, then sticking to your right to remain silent you will, if all is being upheld lawfully, be released after 24hrs.

"

The police have a hard enough job to do without me being a dick to them for the sake of trying to be clever. I am always polite and helpful when dealing with the police

henley on thames

"Sheep

Winston"

I thought he was just expressing his love for our woolly friends?

A little off-topic perhaps, but nice of him to share

"

"

One trick the Police don't want you to know...

Or not. Pathetic abracadabra stuff.

Bristol

magna carta (1297)

-------

Cal

"

Most people who use this tactic are scumbags and criminals.

Most ordinary people are quite happy to answer the simple question of what’s your name.

Unless they are up to no good

Essex

Live and let live.

They are not risking anything by having a personal opinion about their desire to vaccinate. Not all doctors are the same. Many doctors are not epidemiologists, virologists, immunisation specialists. They are doctors of a thousand different specialisms (or none such as a GP). As such their opinion on their own personal care is irrelevant. If those same Doctors then told their patients to NOT vaccinate with no contra indication other than a personal belief, when the overwhelming SPECIALISTS in the field say otherwise, I would expect to see them disciplined robustly. The only reason you hear about doctors who disagree is their relative rarity, and the medias desire to provoke.

Why do they have their opinions - who knows - but the key problem to science and its greatest advantage is its empiricism: it absolutely has to be challenged and address challenges - however "left field" random, ill-intentioned or agenda driven it may be. This is broadly where this thread (ditto society) is today. Individuals legitimately seeking and using pseudoscience, logical fallacies, conflation and obfuscation as well as legitimate argument by way of debate to defend their agenda. Naysayers can say anything without proof or education and not have to justify, whereas scientists have to robustly defend each and every angle or be deemed to have no credibitlity. All fair, if not without consequence.

Remember the ONE doctor who linked Autism to MMR vaccination, who just also happened to have an alternative therapy he was pedalling - and the thousands of cases of measles mumps and rubella believed to be the outcome.

"

Remember that ONE doctor Anthony Fauci, read the book about how he controls American health care for profit, not health.

Remember that company, pfizer, that had the largest lawsuit in history because they were caught paying doctors to lie about drugs and their effects?

Where there is smoke, there is fire.

You would be pretty stupid to believe everything is 100% above board and in the publics best interest when it comes to politicians and profits, this has been proven time and time again, even before covid.

I find the vaccinated people chose to not accept it though, which is their prerogative, doesn't effect me.

Also, I think you'll find MANY doctors have been sacked, walked out on their career or have been silenced for speaking out against the narrative. These people are more informed than Novak and I am almost 100% certain there are some specialists that you mention in the appropriate field that do not recommend this vaccine.