FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > coz covid

coz covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

every time i talk to someone they say "coz covid"

All sorts of people seemed to be using it to get away with all kinds of things.

That might have been beong rude to a customer, or accidentally losing someones appointment into the bin, perhaps your mail going missing, or even refusing to help disabled people, or being abusive, because of the stress they wee under, "like everone was!".

Any thoughts on that people?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

Can’t say we’ve come across this particular issue OP.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Suppose it's less irritating than 'coz brexit'..

Oops, that's still ongoing..

Honestly, did someone just say, that they havent heard the term "coz covid"?

No f******g way...

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"Honestly, did someone just say, that they havent heard the term "coz covid"?

No f******g way..."

This is the first time I'm heard it.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Well the powers that be will be blaming covid for a few more years yet !

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

We only get mail delivered once a week "cuz Covid".

My daughter could only have 38 guests at her wedding last month "cuz Covid" and we all had to wear masks.

I just had 4 nights in hospital and "cuz Covid" I couldn't have any visitors.

My doctor's appointment next week is by telephone "cuz Covid".

My son is still working from home "cuz Covid"

I can't believe I am the only person still hearing this.

By *elboy64Man  over a year ago

weston

The cost of living going through the roof coz covid

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My daughter's waiting for her DBS application to be approved.... it's taking longer than normal 'coz of covid. Fuck off, aren't people working from home if they're too scared to return to the workplace?

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

i agree, it does seem to be a good excuse to slack off a bit, try getting anything done by the gov atm, its like pulling teeth

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

I think many people are using covid as an excuse for shoddy service.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"Honestly, did someone just say, that they havent heard the term "coz covid"?

No f******g way..."

Yes we did say that, not a phrase we’ve heard in your context

Honestly, i have heard the "coz covid" excuse from every single person i have dealt with by phone, and in person for two years solid.

my cornflakes told me coz covid the other day, as an excuse for no milk.

Eh, yeah, my cornflakes has started talking to me...lol

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I have to agree too many businesses are excusing poor service due to COVID. Things like phoning an internet provider to cancel a contract - took over an hour "because of COVID". Why can't I cancel online? Answer - because you want me to get sick and tired of listening to horrific "music" on hold and give up for a few more weeks. Ditto when closing gas and electric accounts. Call centres can be operated from home offices with the right equipment. More can be offered via online services (like cancelling accounts).

My doctors now have a two week wait as standard for even a phone appointment. I was sick with flu recently and had to ask for a sick note for one week. I requested via the online form. They replied the next day to offer me an appointment to get a sick note in two weeks time. Errrrrrrr, what? I then had to find the energy to email them (which I didn't really have) to explain and they then phoned me an hour later to ask if I could come in person later that afternoon. Why couldn't that have just been done without the extra emailing and complaining? I didn't ASK for an in person appointment, I requested a sick note. Anyway, doc said flu. I'd been off for the week before the sick note, so two weeks total and only just feel about okay to WFH tomorrow.

Lots of places used COVID to turn blue badge parking bays into waiting areas/queuing systems- this has mostly gone away now. One way systems in shops and public buildings were (and are in some cases) only wheelchair accessible at one end or the other.

Train disability "assistance" was shocking before COVID and is now almost non existent. None of my local stations are wheelchair accessible but one was granted funding just before COVID specifically to install a lift. It's never happened and I imagine that the money has been reallocated to something much more important.

So, whilst I am and was fully onboard with the need to control the spread etc, the COVID thing IS being milked as an excuse. We've managed to educate students across the world from our living rooms, I've managed a team of 14-20 people who have delivered an excellent service to fee paying students and all during the same pandemic. Lots more services can now be accessed online (hard work to set up, but dead easy now); we have quite literally had to reinvent how we work and what we do, but we did it and so did our colleagues globally. I fail to understand why Vodafone or SSE can't do the same.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

Our 15 month old son was taken to hospital by ambulance a few weeks back.

Myself and K arrive at children's A & E only to be told only 1 parwnt is allowed into Children's A & E and the ward attached why cuz covid.

So K at 7 months pregnant struggled for the 1st hour then we switched over so she could get to the toliet, get a drink food etc and then switch back with her taking over with our son who was on the ward at this point and me waiting back in the car. Rinse and repeat all night.

KJ

"I have to agree too many businesses are excusing poor service due to COVID. Things like phoning an internet provider to cancel a contract - took over an hour "because of COVID". Why can't I cancel online? Answer - because you want me to get sick and tired of listening to horrific "music" on hold and give up for a few more weeks. Ditto when closing gas and electric accounts. Call centres can be operated from home offices with the right equipment. More can be offered via online services (like cancelling accounts).

My doctors now have a two week wait as standard for even a phone appointment. I was sick with flu recently and had to ask for a sick note for one week. I requested via the online form. They replied the next day to offer me an appointment to get a sick note in two weeks time. Errrrrrrr, what? I then had to find the energy to email them (which I didn't really have) to explain and they then phoned me an hour later to ask if I could come in person later that afternoon. Why couldn't that have just been done without the extra emailing and complaining? I didn't ASK for an in person appointment, I requested a sick note. Anyway, doc said flu. I'd been off for the week before the sick note, so two weeks total and only just feel about okay to WFH tomorrow.

Lots of places used COVID to turn blue badge parking bays into waiting areas/queuing systems- this has mostly gone away now. One way systems in shops and public buildings were (and are in some cases) only wheelchair accessible at one end or the other.

Train disability "assistance" was shocking before COVID and is now almost non existent. None of my local stations are wheelchair accessible but one was granted funding just before COVID specifically to install a lift. It's never happened and I imagine that the money has been reallocated to something much more important.

So, whilst I am and was fully onboard with the need to control the spread etc, the COVID thing IS being milked as an excuse. We've managed to educate students across the world from our living rooms, I've managed a team of 14-20 people who have delivered an excellent service to fee paying students and all during the same pandemic. Lots more services can now be accessed online (hard work to set up, but dead easy now); we have quite literally had to reinvent how we work and what we do, but we did it and so did our colleagues globally. I fail to understand why Vodafone or SSE can't do the same."

I will tell you something mate, the educators have been the gold standard right through this. Do you know why? Its because you teach as a service to society, that means that when something bad happens, its you who comes to the rescue at the top end.

Sure students complained and stuff, but they werent complaining at your provision, they were complaining at the top down stuff that we, all, had to cope with.

Well done!

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"

Myself and K arrive at children's A & E only to be told only 1 parwnt is allowed into Children's A & E and the ward attached why cuz covid.

So K at 7 months pregnant struggled for the 1st hour then we switched over so she could get to the toliet, get a drink food etc and then switch back with her taking over with our son who was on the ward at this point and me waiting back in the car. Rinse and repeat all night.

KJ

"

We hope your son is on the mend and that you are both coping okay. On kid's wards in the past, there was always a one parent only rule after a certain time (often around 7 or 8pm) but never on A&E. I spent far too many nights on pull down camp beds on kids wards in the early to mid 2000s.

I had written a big one there, but decided not to post.

Sadly, im not in the private groups.

Btw, switch those over to signal amd telegram, i heard whatsapp is a databucket that is about to be a datamined backwards lookong resource. The excuse is going to be to do with the current european situation.

Switch signal and telegram, pronto...!

"

KJ

We hope your son is on the mend and that you are both coping okay. On kid's wards in the past, there was always a one parent only rule after a certain time (often around 7 or 8pm) but never on A&E. I spent far too many nights on pull down camp beds on kids wards in the early to mid 2000s. "

Echo your thoughts!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've not heard of it either

"Honestly, i have heard the "coz covid" excuse from every single person i have dealt with by phone, and in person for two years solid.

my cornflakes told me coz covid the other day, as an excuse for no milk.

Eh, yeah, my cornflakes has started talking to me...lol"

"I think many people are using covid as an excuse for shoddy service."

"

Eh, yeah, my cornflakes has started talking to me...lol

"

I know right. one day we will be sitting there, and the tv will be saying it wasnt that bad. The kids will be debating whether it was true at all.

By *mglasMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

It's a convenient scapegoat for a lot of things

By *mma29Couple  over a year ago

wirral

Like the afroman song because I got high.

He was going to do lots of things, but, then he got high.

By *iCurious4WomenMan  over a year ago

Inverclyde

"Can’t say we’ve come across this particular issue OP. "
Seriously? It happens to people all the time.

By *mglasMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Like the afroman song because I got high.

He was going to do lots of things, but, then he got high."

This happens to a lot of folk too

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"Like the afroman song because I got high.

He was going to do lots of things, but, then he got high."

not heard that song in years, will be an ear worm all day in my head now

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

I'm hearing 'cos of Covid most days. Yesterday car went in for a service, usually gets a complimentary wash n valet, not this time 'cos of Covid.

Sons driving licence application taking ages to be returned, 'cos of Covid.

Manufacture of my metal driveway gates delayed 'cos of Covid.

Postal service poor 'cos of Covid.

It's affect is going to be around for a long time, for some the problems are genuine, but for others it's just a convenient excuse.

Yup, its funny, about the car, mine was in last year, and they said it would be a little longer because they give them all a "covid-clean" now, to regain confidence in their service.

Literally, switch to a different garage, if they didnt clean it, then they are actually putting you at risk!

i have to say though, who are the people who are saying that its not true, seriously, i mean do they actually reside on planet earth?

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

My local bank is still only open 17 hours a week because of Covid.

Does my head in, I wish I could run my business in 17 hours a week.

You think thats bad. Wait and see, the post office counters are about to start closing. They have developed a set of machines and autolockers that fit in a smaller size of unit, and do eberything that tje tellers used to do, minus only one or two things. Apparently the banks intend to sponsor the installations and put counters out of business, whilst closing "all" their branches except the city centre flagships.

No joke...

Ive seen the prototype installation photos.

Postie is probably going to be taken over by amazon at some point, you see those lockers at the petrol station. That wasnt for a laugh.

Amazon have been putting postie out of business.

Banks and postie are trying to respond with Auto-counters.

Do you know how many people the closing of counters will make jobless, A LOT...

will happen slowly, coz covid. This is the real COZ LONG COVID...

» Add a new message to this topic