FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Just tested positive

Just tested positive

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uit steve OP   Man  over a year ago

Wolves / Travelling

On Valentine’s Day ffs!

Don’t feel more than a slight cold so really annoying to have to stay off work all week

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why test yourself then? This is what's wrong with this isolation bullshit.

Thought all the restrictions have gone now? We have to learn to live with this virus, a bit like the flu, some people won't get it, others will, others will die from it. It's nature...

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"On Valentine’s Day ffs!

Don’t feel more than a slight cold so really annoying to have to stay off work all week "

We were the same on 10th February.

Slight cold symptoms.

Went downhill every day, feel like we've been hit by a train.

Had to get rapid PCR to confirm.

Hope you have an easier time.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Why test yourself then? This is what's wrong with this isolation bullshit."

From that statement I guess you are prepared to spread any illness you have to anyone you come into contact with, nice.

merseyside

I need to test as I'm a front line medic so once rapid PCR test was positive you then need to check all patients I have come into contact.

"Why test yourself then? This is what's wrong with this isolation bullshit.

From that statement I guess you are prepared to spread any illness you have to anyone you come into contact with, nice. "

Same as having the flu. Never had the flu jab, and nobody has ever tried to enforce it on me.

By *wings_n_RoundaboutsMan  over a year ago

The North

Leave them to it mate. Survival of the fittest over the next 5 years with ever increasing living costs and political pressure like never before.

If people want to isolate over a cold then so be it.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"On Valentine’s Day ffs!

Don’t feel more than a slight cold so really annoying to have to stay off work all week "

My partner tested positive last Sunday with what seemed like a cold and then gradually went downhill and it's not something I would wish on anyone. He's obviously isolating and cancelled all of his business appointments for 2 weeks to be sure as he wouldn't want to be the cause of anyone else getting ill or worse. Hopefully won't be too bad for you OP.

Galaxy Far Far Away

"Thought all the restrictions have gone now? We have to learn to live with this virus, a bit like the flu, some people won't get it, others will, others will die from it. It's nature... "

No the restrictions are still in place and just like the flu, if you had it you wouldn't want to spread it...that's just being a decent human being.

By *uit steve OP   Man  over a year ago

Wolves / Travelling

Thanks.

Hopefully I can just get on with work from home

"Thought all the restrictions have gone now? We have to learn to live with this virus, a bit like the flu, some people won't get it, others will, others will die from it. It's nature...

No the restrictions are still in place and just like the flu, if you had it you wouldn't want to spread it...that's just being a decent human being."

But you don't get tested for the flu. This is the reason covid cases are so high! If your partner felt ill, just stay home from work and take some medicine, like he probably would have prior to 2019.

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

Anyone who's actually had the flu will know you don't need a test for it. And you don't need to be told to stay at home - you won't even be able to get out of bed

Galaxy Far Far Away

"Thought all the restrictions have gone now? We have to learn to live with this virus, a bit like the flu, some people won't get it, others will, others will die from it. It's nature...

No the restrictions are still in place and just like the flu, if you had it you wouldn't want to spread it...that's just being a decent human being.

But you don't get tested for the flu. This is the reason covid cases are so high! If your partner felt ill, just stay home from work and take some medicine, like he probably would have prior to 2019."

Yes he would, but many don't. A doctor would diagnose flu...some people think a heavy cold is flu but it isn't. Getting fully out of covid relies on people doing the right thing and I believe restrictions are planned to be lifted soon...then its totally in our hands.

[Removed by poster at 14/02/22 10:08:41]

But you don't get tested for the flu. This is the reason covid cases are so high! If your partner felt ill, just stay home from work and take some medicine, like he probably would have prior to 2019.

Yes he would, but many don't. A doctor would diagnose flu...some people think a heavy cold is flu but it isn't. Getting fully out of covid relies on people doing the right thing and I believe restrictions are planned to be lifted soon...then its totally in our hands."

Amen, then we can all carry on living our lives again..in freedom. Hurry up the day when restrictions are lifted, and people have to start using common sense to survive. Why would anyone actual listen to the rules set down by that total moron Boris anyway, is beyond me. Hope your partner feels better soon, same with you OP.

Yes he would, but many don't. A doctor would diagnose flu...some people think a heavy cold is flu but it isn't. Getting fully out of covid relies on people doing the right thing and I believe restrictions are planned to be lifted soon...then its totally in our hands.

Amen, then we can all carry on living our lives again..in freedom. Hurry up the day when restrictions are lifted, and people have to start using common sense to survive. Why would anyone actual listen to the rules set down by that total moron Boris anyway, is beyond me. Hope your partner feels better soon, same with you OP. "

Maybe you’ve noticed many mask wearers still doing so even though told no longer necessary. Some when questioned say ah Boris is a lier although they chose to believe the lies him and his cronies pedalled. Get well soon to Op’s Man.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Yes he would, but many don't. A doctor would diagnose flu...some people think a heavy cold is flu but it isn't. Getting fully out of covid relies on people doing the right thing and I believe restrictions are planned to be lifted soon...then its totally in our hands."

Indeed, the conflation of flu with cold viruses is irritating. Flu completely floors you. You wouldn't be able to work. I've just had two weeks off work with flu and I am still exhausted (everything else back to not normal). My doctor diagnosed the flu last week (and I had all the symptoms). I didn't get a flu jab this season - I was waiting for my GP to call me in like they did last year, and followed the instructions not to phone up about vaccines. The call never materialised, so I think I'll pay for it next year!

Flu had me in bed for two weeks and still now feeling extremely tired, nohone with flu will be tootling into work...

Amen, then we can all carry on living our lives again..in freedom. Hurry up the day when restrictions are lifted, and people have to start using common sense to survive. Why would anyone actual listen to the rules set down by that total moron Boris anyway, is beyond me. Hope your partner feels better soon, same with you OP.

Maybe you’ve noticed many mask wearers still doing so even though told no longer necessary. Some when questioned say ah Boris is a lier although they chose to believe the lies him and his cronies pedalled. Get well soon to Op’s Man. "

Don't get me started on mask wearing!!!!

Exactly, the politicians weren't worried about contracting covid during their parties. All this is one huge money spinner for those in higher authority and their pals. It's unbelievable that people can't actually see this. 1st jab, 2nd jab, booster, 4th jab, how long will it be before people have to start paying for them? After number 5 is my guess, then they'll stop having them rendering the previous 5 ineffective.

By *orkcoastguyMan  over a year ago

Bridlington.

Apart from satisfying one's own curiosity and feeding the official statistics,unless one gets really ill I cannot see the point of testing.

Hunker down, keep warm, take paracetamol if in pain and let it run its course.

merseyside

Don't think dropping any restrictions will help that much initially.

It will mainly impact the NHS.

Isolation or no isolation if, like me, you can't even get out of bed, you will not show up for your shifts in the NHS.

The more the face mask, hand washing and keeping a bit of distance from each other (all those extremely difficult, human right busting, inconveniences) erode, the virus will spread, will it increase death rates, probably, but the biggest impact will be staff absence as they are in bed, like me.

Now, due to staff being off, aunty Mary can't come into hospital for her elective surgery and the knock on effect continues.

It will take a while and I do expect another spike, maybe late spring, early summer and again next October, November but we will get back to a new normal and then the piper will have to be paid...hold onto your hats.

By *ocket rocket 2021Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

No the restrictions are still in place and just like the flu, if you had it you wouldn't want to spread it...that's just being a decent human being."

Well I looked after my mum for 2 weeks who had flu diagnosed by the doctor and I didn't catch it

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

Well I looked after my mum for 2 weeks who had flu diagnosed by the doctor and I didn't catch it"

It's a good job flu is less contagious and less deadly than Covid then isn't it ?

By *anPsurreycoupleCouple  over a year ago

Surrey

Had our PCR results back this afternoon both positive. First tested positive on Saturday with a LFT just felt like a cold.

Today both in bed feel like been hit by a train. Don't remember feeling this rough with the delta variant

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

Well I looked after my mum for 2 weeks who had flu diagnosed by the doctor and I didn't catch it"

You were lucky.

Well, my gran smoked 80 fags a day for 30+ years, never got cancer.

1 person doesn't represent statistical equivalence.

Winston

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Apart from satisfying one's own curiosity and feeding the official statistics,unless one gets really ill I cannot see the point of testing.

Hunker down, keep warm, take paracetamol if in pain and let it run its course."

Problem with that is still there are roughly 45-50 thousand new cases a day… and roughly 150-200 deaths a day, and yet we have become blasé to it all!!!

By *igertigerCouple (MM)  over a year ago

cc

"On Valentine’s Day ffs!

Don’t feel more than a slight cold so really annoying to have to stay off work all week

My partner tested positive last Sunday with what seemed like a cold and then gradually went downhill and it's not something I would wish on anyone. He's obviously isolating and cancelled all of his business appointments for 2 weeks to be sure as he wouldn't want to be the cause of anyone else getting ill or worse. Hopefully won't be too bad for you OP."

Fair play to your partner wishing him a speedy recovery.

By *igertigerCouple (MM)  over a year ago

cc

"Apart from satisfying one's own curiosity and feeding the official statistics,unless one gets really ill I cannot see the point of testing.

Hunker down, keep warm, take paracetamol if in pain and let it run its course."

great advice except where's the stay well away from others. In fairness I didn't know I had it, until a much later antibody test tested positive so I cannot say too much about isolating.

It is exactly that so much is debated and small details looked into constantly and people getting irate with each other and just a few simple words make so much sense, just be a decent human being !!! Is that to much to ask

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

From that statement I guess you are prepared to spread any illness you have to anyone you come into contact with, nice. "

Makes you wonder what other viruses, people are willing to share.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

"Today both in bed feel like been hit by a train. Don't remember feeling this rough with the delta variant"

And folk are trying to say Omicron is a mild variant.

I was up half the night coughing. Still having dizzy spells and severe fatigue.

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"Today both in bed feel like been hit by a train. Don't remember feeling this rough with the delta variant

I was up half the night coughing. Still having dizzy spells and severe fatigue. "

Couple of things … how did you identify the omicron variant? And coughing, dizzy and feeling fatigued … that doesn’t sound so bad?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It helps to protect others, keeping the NHS from being more burdened than it needs to be, if people use a couple of brain cells etc

By *anPsurreycoupleCouple  over a year ago

Surrey

"Today both in bed feel like been hit by a train. Don't remember feeling this rough with the delta variant

Couple of things … how did you identify the omicron variant? And coughing, dizzy and feeling fatigued … that doesn’t sound so bad? "

still have taste and smell mainly feels like a cold on steroids.

Chez/Sheff

"Couple of things … how did you identify the omicron variant? And coughing, dizzy and feeling fatigued … that doesn’t sound so bad? "

I’m assuming it’s omicron because that one is more infectious, and more prevalent.

It doesn’t sound so bad. It kicked off with an audiovisual migraine and I’ve had tinnitus ever since.

I’m going through phases of feeing largely ok then thinking I’m going to pass out when I try to do something like make a drink.

Otherwise, yeah, similar to a really bad cold, but less snotty.

Fun symptoms I’ve had so far - intense burning sensation in my sinuses. Incredible sore skin like a burn. Cramps / muscle pains. Difficulty breathing.

I’m hankfully I seem to be past that now, I think I’m getting better.

Most annoying are when my eyes burn too much to watch tv or my hands/arms ache too much to hold my phone.

I had crazy insomnia last night, it was almost like a panic attack between coughing fits. But yet I’ve only coughed once since I got up this morning. Right now I feel fine bar the tinnitus and aches.

Chez/Sheff

Oh and I keep getting really confused. What day is it. Why am I in the kitchen? Etc.

Ironically I just sent this to myself as a dm instead of posting it.

Part of the covid trend. Everyone feels the need to at some point test positive then tell everyone about it. Bizarre

Yes we all got it a few weeks back, we had a bit of a rough time but then we were unvaccinated so maybe why!

I personally don’t want to take the vaccination but I isolated because I wouldn’t want to pass it on to anyone vulnerable.

Anyway we are through it now and now have natural immunity so good for all.

Be diligent op and hope your still ok

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I hope you feel better soon OP

Sorry to hear this OP. Get well soon x

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Leave them to it mate. Survival of the fittest over the next 5 years with ever increasing living costs and political pressure like never before.

If people want to isolate over a cold then so be it. "

Be interesting to see how your enthusiasm for survival of the fittest remains as you get older and less fit .

wigan

Couple of things … how did you identify the omicron variant? And coughing, dizzy and feeling fatigued … that doesn’t sound so bad? still have taste and smell mainly feels like a cold on steroids. "

Ah ok so something like a bad cold is omicron?

I’m on day 7 and still testing positive, going mad staying in!

wigan

"Couple of things … how did you identify the omicron variant? And coughing, dizzy and feeling fatigued … that doesn’t sound so bad?

I’m assuming it’s omicron because that one is more infectious, and more prevalent.

It doesn’t sound so bad. It kicked off with an audiovisual migraine and I’ve had tinnitus ever since.

I’m going through phases of feeing largely ok then thinking I’m going to pass out when I try to do something like make a drink.

Otherwise, yeah, similar to a really bad cold, but less snotty.

Fun symptoms I’ve had so far - intense burning sensation in my sinuses. Incredible sore skin like a burn. Cramps / muscle pains. Difficulty breathing.

I’m hankfully I seem to be past that now, I think I’m getting better.

Most annoying are when my eyes burn too much to watch tv or my hands/arms ache too much to hold my phone.

I had crazy insomnia last night, it was almost like a panic attack between coughing fits. But yet I’ve only coughed once since I got up this morning. Right now I feel fine bar the tinnitus and aches. "

I’m not sure that’s a diagnosis for omicron against other variants… but hey.

I had Covid just after Christmas …. Didn’t feel great but never have with any illness. My tinnitus was no different than usual.

As a way of easing some of the symptoms try paracetamol, take it even if you don’t think you need it …and if your eyes hurt when watching tv… stop watching tv. Your arm may hurt for a second while switching off but then that’s done too.

The weirdest thing I experienced was a feeling of depression…. Was brief in that it lasted till testing negative but not very nice… but, as I said earlier, I haven’t had a nice illness yet!

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

And, therein lies the problem..

Decent, responsible, unselfish and caring human beings,, see the trend?

Chez/Sheff

"I’m not sure that’s a diagnosis for omicron against other variants… but hey. "

They haven’t actually told me it’s Omicron, that’s an assumption.

Sore eyes are a real problem for me because I use a screen for work. This, coupled with the headaches, has meant I can’t even work from home. Because I can’t commit to doing anything.

merseyside

"I’m not sure that’s a diagnosis for omicron against other variants… but hey.

They haven’t actually told me it’s Omicron, that’s an assumption.

Sore eyes are a real problem for me because I use a screen for work. This, coupled with the headaches, has meant I can’t even work from home. Because I can’t commit to doing anything. "

I'm still testing positive and like you, the headaches and gritty eyes are a pain, although cough is now quite spasmodic.

Hoping to go on hols in 10 days.

Hope you feel better soon.

Decent, responsible, unselfish and caring human beings,, see the trend?"

Have you had the flu? If so you would know that nobody needs to be told to stay home etc. Only trend I see is the nodding donkey trend. Maybe try Blackpool seafront in spring, you may get some rides.

merseyside

Decent, responsible, unselfish and caring human beings,, see the trend?

Have you had the flu? If so you would know that nobody needs to be told to stay home etc. Only trend I see is the nodding donkey trend. Maybe try Blackpool seafront in spring, you may get some rides. "

Spot on.

When someone comments similar to "common flu" or "just flu" it only shows their ignorance of just what a deadly, debilitating disease flu actually is.

Love to hear something like.." God, had really bad flu on Thursday but was telling Julie in the pub on Saturday night about the holiday I've booked"

merseyside

Brilliant, just tested negative on my 9th day.

Tomorrow I can wander back out into the great unwashed and on a plane next week.

Wouldn't wish this virus on anyone, given me a good kicking.

Stay safe, be nice to each other.

"Brilliant, just tested negative on my 9th day.

Tomorrow I can wander back out into the great unwashed and on a plane next week.

Stay safe, be nice to each other. "

Are you all better now?

merseyside

"Brilliant, just tested negative on my 9th day.

Stay safe, be nice to each other.

Are you all better now? "

Tested negative but feel like I've been kicked from one end of the street to the other.

Can go out tomorrow so off to the beach for a stroll.

Bit worried about picking it up again as on holiday from 26th and Paul's work colleague is on his 3rd Covid

» Add a new message to this topic