FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Sweden will end all the covid restrictions.

Sweden will end all the covid restrictions.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Last week on wednesday, sweden lifted almost all of its pandemic restrictions and ended mass testing for the virus joining a growing list of countries, the new pm said that we ware headed into a new phase, where it will be a more relaxed approach too it, who else thinks that this relaxed approach is the way to go? In other news, last month sanchez suggested that omicron should be treated like a common flu.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It depends on the evidence, as well as the context of the decision. I don't know the current situation in Sweden, how well their health system is managing etc.

Nobody would want restrictions in place for any longer than necessary. But, ultimately the governments are responsible for ensuring the health of their citizens and country's well-being.

There are many options between doing nothing whatsoever and absolute lockdown, similar to Wuhan in the early stages. Many options have negligible impact on individuals or economies.

If pandemics were really simple to manage, more places and millions of people would have fared better. .

There's not a 1 way progression for virus mutations either. They are random. Dominant variants will typically be very infectious and their severity can be of any type. It's a fallacy that they just get milder, ad finitum. We may have a variant that is more lethal and more able to impose catastrophe on us, almost before we know it. That's especially easy if we stop monitoring and have all freedoms that have benefitted from a little hampering, totally imposed very quickly.

As much as anyone else, I'd love all places and people to be totally free to enjoy life to the max, without any slight imposition upon them. There are many aspects of this that need consideration and understand of the known evidence really l, before we can say that this is likely to be the right thing that's done now.

"It depends on the evidence, as well as the context of the decision. I don't know the current situation in Sweden, how well their health system is managing etc.

Nobody would want restrictions in place for any longer than necessary. But, ultimately the governments are responsible for ensuring the health of their citizens and country's well-being.

There are many options between doing nothing whatsoever and absolute lockdown, similar to Wuhan in the early stages. Many options have negligible impact on individuals or economies.

If pandemics were really simple to manage, more places and millions of people would have fared better. .

There's not a 1 way progression for virus mutations either. They are random. Dominant variants will typically be very infectious and their severity can be of any type. It's a fallacy that they just get milder, ad finitum. We may have a variant that is more lethal and more able to impose catastrophe on us, almost before we know it. That's especially easy if we stop monitoring and have all freedoms that have benefitted from a little hampering, totally imposed very quickly.

As much as anyone else, I'd love all places and people to be totally free to enjoy life to the max, without any slight imposition upon them. There are many aspects of this that need consideration and understand of the known evidence really l, before we can say that this is likely to be the right thing that's done now. "

Yes, it depends. I think that it is good news that more and more countries are opening up as it is time to get things back to normal with less restrictions

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

Some people would have us believe that Sweden never had any restrictions

"Some people would have us believe that Sweden never had any restrictions"
Yes, it seems so doesnt it. I think that is cos they have always had a relaxed approach like compared to other countries.

By *AABMan  over a year ago

Not far

"Some people would have us believe that Sweden never had any restrictionsYes, it seems so doesnt it. I think that is cos they have always had a relaxed approach like compared to other countries."

They didn’t have harsh rules imposed upon them because they are grown ups and could be trusted to behave responsibly.

"Some people would have us believe that Sweden never had any restrictionsYes, it seems so doesnt it. I think that is cos they have always had a relaxed approach like compared to other countries.

They didn’t have harsh rules imposed upon them because they are grown ups and could be trusted to behave responsibly."

Yes, you are right there too about that

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"Some people would have us believe that Sweden never had any restrictionsYes, it seems so doesnt it. I think that is cos they have always had a relaxed approach like compared to other countries.

They didn’t have harsh rules imposed upon them because they are grown ups and could be trusted to behave responsibly."

I don’t think we had harsh rules imposed upon us either.

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

Yeah. That wouldn’t have worked here

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"Some people would have us believe that Sweden never had any restrictionsYes, it seems so doesnt it. I think that is cos they have always had a relaxed approach like compared to other countries."

"....I think that is cos they have always had a relaxed approach...."

--------------------------

Unfortunately that 'relaxed approach' explains why the covid deaths in Sweden is approx. 4 times higher than the combined total deaths in Norway, Denmark and Finland ( who had lockdowns).

Sweden's king said his country failed to save lives with its relatively relaxed approach to the coronavirus pandemic.

The then Prime Minister, Stefan Lofven said: “the fact that so many have died can't be considered as anything other than a failure"

It is now practical for countries to consider having a more relaxed approach at this stage of the pandemic because:

1. The Omicron variant is less severe compared to its predecessors.

2. High uptake of the vaccines

3. Many have gained some level of natural immunity due to previous exposure.

A 'relaxed approach' was not a viable option during the first wave of the pandemic - and it wasn't a success story in Sweden.

By *orsetCouple777Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Unfortunately that 'relaxed approach' explains why the covid deaths in Sweden is approx. 4 times higher than the combined total deaths in Norway, Denmark and Finland ( who had lockdowns).

Sweden's king said his country failed to save lives with its relatively relaxed approach to the coronavirus pandemic.

The then Prime Minister, Stefan Lofven said: “the fact that so many have died can't be considered as anything other than a failure"

It is now practical for countries to consider having a more relaxed approach at this stage of the pandemic because:

A 'relaxed approach' was not a viable option during the first wave of the pandemic - and it wasn't a success story in Sweden.

"

Nowhere near four times higher. Nice try and making up stats to prove your point and look clever

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Four times higher is the lowest estimate of their mortality rate than their Nordic neighbours. Some estimates have put Swedish mortality rate as up to ten times higher.

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

Nowhere near four times higher. Nice try and making up stats to prove your point and look clever "

Deaths per million:

Sweden 1635

Norway 276

Finland 404

That’s per worldometer.

What stars are you looking at?

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

Nowhere near four times higher. Nice try and making up stats to prove your point and look clever "

I did not make up any stats.

The figures I was referring to, were the stats during the first wave when Sweden had a "relaxed approach" and refused to lockdown.

Theses are the stats & figures from Spring to Mid Dec 2020 :

Number of deaths:

Norway = 404

Denmark= 992

Finland = 489

Sweden = 7893

-------------------

Total deaths in Norway, Denmark and Finland = 1885

Total Death in Sweden = 7893 : (Sweden's deaths is 4 times the total deaths of its 3 Neighbours.)

After the failures of the 'relaxed approach' were criticised by politicians and scientists, Sweden switched from the 'relaxed approach' and imposed lockdowns and tighter restrictions in some of its populous towns and cities. Some of the cities where lockdown was imposed includes Uppsala and Malmo.

So during the second wave Sweden imposed lockdowns and tighter restrictions in line with what every other country in Europe was doing.

The figures I was referring to were not the figures of the second wave when Sweden imposed local lockdowns.

The figures I am talking about were during the first wave when Sweden had a "relaxed approach" and did not lockdown.

And during that first wave, the deaths in Sweden were 4 times higher than the combined deaths in Norway, Denmark & Finland.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Some people would have us believe that Sweden never had any restrictions"

The only reason Sweden didn't impose the kind of restrictions that other countries did is because Sweden is one of the highest ranking countries to be a cashless society - the proportion of Swedes using cash has dropped from around 39% to 9% between 2010 to 2020.

They are the ideal country to introduce a complete cashless society, moving us all closer to the social credit system which is the reason for the move to "vaccine passports" or digital ID - the ID that will eventually have us controlled by the elite who know that fiat currency is failing and are currently doing anything and everything in their power to create one Central Bank with one digital currency through the use of the World Economic Forum heavily infiltrating our world governments with their cronies by implementing strategies as outlined by the likes of Agenda 2030, the Fourth Industrial Revolution or the Great Reset.

Now I'll run for cover in my tinfoil hat while you all pay your coffees by card

By *inxnmasterCouple  over a year ago

naughty valley

"Some people would have us believe that Sweden never had any restrictions

The only reason Sweden didn't impose the kind of restrictions that other countries did is because Sweden is one of the highest ranking countries to be a cashless society - the proportion of Swedes using cash has dropped from around 39% to 9% between 2010 to 2020.

They are the ideal country to introduce a complete cashless society, moving us all closer to the social credit system which is the reason for the move to "vaccine passports" or digital ID - the ID that will eventually have us controlled by the elite who know that fiat currency is failing and are currently doing anything and everything in their power to create one Central Bank with one digital currency through the use of the World Economic Forum heavily infiltrating our world governments with their cronies by implementing strategies as outlined by the likes of Agenda 2030, the Fourth Industrial Revolution or the Great Reset.

Now I'll run for cover in my tinfoil hat while you all pay your coffees by card "

sums it up. Not to mention that Sweden seems to be the first country deploying chip implants to its population

By *inxnmasterCouple  over a year ago

naughty valley

Nowhere near four times higher. Nice try and making up stats to prove your point and look clever

I did not make up any stats.

The figures I was referring to, were the stats during the first wave when Sweden had a "relaxed approach" and refused to lockdown.

Theses are the stats & figures from Spring to Mid Dec 2020 :

Number of deaths:

Norway = 404

Denmark= 992

Finland = 489

Sweden = 7893

-------------------

Total deaths in Norway, Denmark and Finland = 1885

Total Death in Sweden = 7893 : (Sweden's deaths is 4 times the total deaths of its 3 Neighbours.)

After the failures of the 'relaxed approach' were criticised by politicians and scientists, Sweden switched from the 'relaxed approach' and imposed lockdowns and tighter restrictions in some of its populous towns and cities. Some of the cities where lockdown was imposed includes Uppsala and Malmo.

So during the second wave Sweden imposed lockdowns and tighter restrictions in line with what every other country in Europe was doing.

The figures I was referring to were not the figures of the second wave when Sweden imposed local lockdowns.

The figures I am talking about were during the first wave when Sweden had a "relaxed approach" and did not lockdown.

And during that first wave, the deaths in Sweden were 4 times higher than the combined deaths in Norway, Denmark & Finland."

statistics are easily flawed . What was the median age of those passed? 80 years? How big is the excess mortality rate within a ten years average , if any? How many of those passed did die by cause of Covid , how many died of other deceased but are counted as Covid test due to positive tests , regardless any symptoms

We cancelled all our restrictions in Norway a couple of weeks ago, but we didn’t really have much anyway to be honest

By *ngel696969Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

Nice one

By *appychickadeeWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

By *heshbifellaMan  over a year ago

Crewe

If it's 'nowhere near four times higher' what is it then? Dorset couple gone strangely quiet with no ciybter-evidence.

By *heshbifellaMan  over a year ago

Crewe

*counter-evidence

They didn’t have harsh rules imposed upon them because they are grown ups and could be trusted to behave responsibly.

I don’t think we had harsh rules imposed upon us either. "

No that’s right birthday parties and works get togethers we’re all allowed. Oh no sorry that was only if you are in Downing Street

» Add a new message to this topic