FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vaccines reduce long covid

Vaccines reduce long covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Central

New research has shown that vaccines reduce the potential for getting Long Covid and its severity

Whilst the levels of immunity are well known, this newer research helps to shed light on the broader benefits. Long Covid is still not very well understood and it may be more than 1 issue. As many here have explained their months of severe impacts, we may be abl to prevent much of this in future, by having vaccination derived immunity.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That’s amazing as the vaccine has not done a very good job of preventing normal covid, and before you start with cases went down after the vaccine was released, well yes it did but that’s easily explained by the fact everyone likely to catch it and get seriously ill or die did so at the start once the immune weak were gone the stronger survived,

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"New research has shown that vaccines reduce the potential for getting Long Covid and its severity

Whilst the levels of immunity are well known, this newer research helps to shed light on the broader benefits. Long Covid is still not very well understood and it may be more than 1 issue. As many here have explained their months of severe impacts, we may be abl to prevent much of this in future, by having vaccination derived immunity. "

News just in… the vaccine is perfect! does everything it needs to and can’t be faulted ! The vaccine also makes your eyes brighter and whiter and your hair glossy…. No one has ever experienced Ill effects of the vaccine and anyone who hasn’t had it is an idiot. All the beneficial effects are proven, without doubt and anyone with I’ll effects is clearly a liar! That sum it up ok??

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"New research has shown that vaccines reduce the potential for getting Long Covid and its severity

Whilst the levels of immunity are well known, this newer research helps to shed light on the broader benefits. Long Covid is still not very well understood and it may be more than 1 issue. As many here have explained their months of severe impacts, we may be abl to prevent much of this in future, by having vaccination derived immunity. "

It would be really good news if this turns out to be correct.

Please can you share your source(s) as I assume they will tell us the extent of the research and whether it has been peer reviewed?

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

That is great news. Most cases of Long Covid tend to be from people who had Covid that affected them badly in the first instance. I wish the vaccine had been available when my ex husband caught Covid. He now has permanent scarring of the lungs and will never return to full health.

It's lovely to hear such good news that will benefit those vaccinated. Shame some people continue to disbelieve the benefits. I just hope it's not one of their family members clinging to life in future due to Covid.

Central

Whilst the levels of immunity are well known, this newer research helps to shed light on the broader benefits. Long Covid is still not very well understood and it may be more than 1 issue. As many here have explained their months of severe impacts, we may be abl to prevent much of this in future, by having vaccination derived immunity.

Please can you share your source(s) as I assume they will tell us the extent of the research and whether it has been peer reviewed?"

There have been a number of studies undertaken and this latest isn't gold standard research but useful, nevertheless. It was a briefing issued by the UK Health Security Agency. 'The effectiveness of vaccination against long COVID: A rapid evidence briefing'

By: UKHSA COVID-19 Evidence Team

Central

That is great news. Most cases of Long Covid tend to be from people who had Covid that affected them badly in the first instance. I wish the vaccine had been available when my ex husband caught Covid. He now has permanent scarring of the lungs and will never return to full health.

It's lovely to hear such good news that will benefit those vaccinated. Shame some people continue to disbelieve the benefits. I just hope it's not one of their family members clinging to life in future due to Covid.

"

That's so sad to hear how it's affected him. It's a pity that some belittle the impact of the virus, as well as how we may be helped.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Always great to read some promising news OP.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

"That’s amazing as the vaccine has not done a very good job of preventing normal covid, and before you start with cases went down after the vaccine was released, well yes it did but that’s easily explained by the fact everyone likely to catch it and get seriously ill or die did so at the start once the immune weak were gone the stronger survived, "

We're lucky to have you to explain it to us

Thanks

Note to self ... Ignore the experts in future and trust the fabbers

By *andL2014Couple  over a year ago

Kettering

"That’s amazing as the vaccine has not done a very good job of preventing normal covid, and before you start with cases went down after the vaccine was released, well yes it did but that’s easily explained by the fact everyone likely to catch it and get seriously ill or die did so at the start once the immune weak were gone the stronger survived,"

"News just in… the vaccine is perfect! does everything it needs to and can’t be faulted ! The vaccine also makes your eyes brighter and whiter and your hair glossy…. No one has ever experienced Ill effects of the vaccine and anyone who hasn’t had it is an idiot. All the beneficial effects are proven, without doubt and anyone with I’ll effects is clearly a liar! That sum it up ok??"

FFS just when I thought people were getting their common sense back

Ahh, thanks for the laugh

Central

"Always great to read some promising news OP."

We've had shedloads of the opposite for 2 years, so it's definitely worth us not having too much negativity.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Great news and as the real evidence stacks up about the Vaccine be fun to see what the deniers move on to next ...our bet is back to the lizzard people ?? or eating to much cheese turns you yellowish ??

Brighton

Please can you share your source(s) as I assume they will tell us the extent of the research and whether it has been peer reviewed?

There have been a number of studies undertaken and this latest isn't gold standard research but useful, nevertheless. It was a briefing issued by the UK Health Security Agency. 'The effectiveness of vaccination against long COVID: A rapid evidence briefing'

By: UKHSA COVID-19 Evidence Team"

Brighton

By: UKHSA COVID-19 Evidence Team

"

So it is potentially good news but sorry to be a spoil sport but this isn’t a definitive finding.

The BMJ are saying that the studies were rated medium quality. And also...

“As all of the studies included were observational, the UK Health Security Agency has highlighted that the results may stem from differences other than vaccination. It also noted that the definition of long covid varied between studies.

The agency’s head of immunisation, Mary Ramsay, said, “These studies add to the potential benefits of receiving a full course of the covid-19 vaccination. Vaccination is the best way to protect yourself from serious symptoms when you get infected and may also help to reduce the longer term impact.”

However, let’s be optimistic for first time in a while

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

It sounds promising

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Please can you share your source(s) as I assume they will tell us the extent of the research and whether it has been peer reviewed?"

Im not sure it qualifies as research, more like a briefing from a clearly vested interest as vax rates have slowed to a crawl.. If it proves true and by how much and for which individuals and for which of the vaccines (or are we to believe that all vaccines behave the same way) it is conferred... Its a nice addition.to the benefits column for some people.

Watch out for next week's briefing on the numbers suffering with long covid and how they are now the biggest concern.

A sceptic.

By *illloganMan  over a year ago

Essex

Great news if it's true... But the study was probably funded by pfizer if you dig deep enough

By *igertigerCouple (MM)  over a year ago

cc

wishing your husband good health.

"

By *utterflyandArtificeCouple  over a year ago

TROWBRIDGE

I was double vaccinated and have long covid...

My sense of smell and taste are all over the place; all food smalls rotten, especially meat.

I cannot smell my wife's perfume on her (worst symptom of all). All I smell is smoke even whe no one is smoking!

It's like I have hayfever,my eyes itch and my throat is dry as hell.

I get physically tired so very easily and am mentally tired all the time.

I loose words during my train of thought and struggle to maintain it, my immediate recall is stunted.

My heart has the occasional flutter too; I have had issues with that before but it was repaired by ablation years ago.

The jab didn't stop long covid, it didn't stop me from getting covid, but I think it may have stopped me getting incredibly poorly or the cynic in me says it didn't and my immune system reduced the virus efficacy, who knows?

What I do know is since the virus I feel like at times i am existing in the hope that it will get better. I had C19 in September and its now March and the long term effects are still as potent as ever.

No one in the medical services is bothered as nothing can be done, all the while my mental health is suffering.

I bought my beautiful lady flowers today and I cannot enjoy the smell of them.....

A xx

By *oody HuddsonMan  over a year ago

sexy town

Don’t agree with this… long Covid is a post viral syndrome just the same as CFS / ME

I am fully vaccinated and suffered really badly with post viral fatigue. Although I may be different to most as I had sever reactions to the jabs.

The so called vaccine that is not a vaccine as it doesn’t provide immunity, it’s gene therapy and people that take it do so at there own risk

Whilst the levels of immunity are well known, this newer research helps to shed light on the broader

benefits. Long Covid is still not very well understood and it may be more than 1 issue. As many here have explained their months of severe impacts, we may be abl to prevent much of this in future, by having vaccination derived immunity. "

Nope

"I was double vaccinated and have long covid...

My sense of smell and taste are all over the place; all food smalls rotten, especially meat.

I cannot smell my wife's perfume on her (worst symptom of all). All I smell is smoke even whe no one is smoking!

I loose words during my train of thought and struggle to maintain it, my immediate recall is stunted.

My heart has the occasional flutter too; I have had issues with that before but it was repaired by ablation years ago.

The jab didn't stop long covid, it didn't stop me from getting covid, but I think it may have stopped me getting incredibly poorly or the cynic in me says it didn't and my immune system reduced the virus efficacy, who knows?

What I do know is since the virus I feel like at times i am existing in the hope that it will get better. I had C19 in September and its now March and the long term effects are still as potent as ever.

No one in the medical services is bothered as nothing can be done, all the while my mental health is suffering.

I bought my beautiful lady flowers today and I cannot enjoy the smell of them.....

A xx"

I’m so sorry I wonder if you hadn’t of had the vaccine you’d have been better ? You say it’s stopped you getting hospitalised but have you thought it might also be the cause of what your suffering with now ?

By *d6869Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

What research?

By *iCurious4WomenMan  over a year ago

Inverclyde

I don't believe this for a second.

Inverclyde

[Removed by poster at 13/03/22 00:52:44]

Inverclyde

May I ask if you have read the recently released Pfizer documents? Dr John Campbell did a video on it.

Inverclyde

" Great news and as the real evidence stacks up about the Vaccine be fun to see what the deniers move on to next ...our bet is back to the lizzard people ?? or eating to much cheese turns you yellowish ?? "
Are Pfizer deniers? Have you seen the recent documents they were forced to reveal? Dr John Campbell did a video on it. I find your message rather out of order to be honest. It looks like you are trying to label people who have genuine concerns about this emergency use experimental jab to be crazy and on the same level as David Icke. Many top scientists and doctors have risked their careers expressing their concerns about the jab.

Whilst the levels of immunity are well known, this newer research helps to shed light on the broader benefits. Long Covid is still not very well understood and it may be more than 1 issue. As many here have explained their months of severe impacts, we may be abl to prevent much of this in future, by having vaccination derived immunity. I don't believe this for a second."

Me neither, I'm unspoiled and will remain so, don't want to be an experiment. Plus Ive had covid, X2! And I'm fine, and so are all my unvaccinated friends.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"The so called vaccine that is not a vaccine as it doesn’t provide immunity, it’s gene therapy and people that take it do so at there own risk "

And you really believe that?

It’s a fact

Reading

"It’s a fact "

No it isn’t

It is, traditional vaccines provide immunity against the disease, ie If a vaccinated person gets the virus it dies and stops with that individual, not transmit to another person and spread, which is case now as you can see

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

Good to see there are some potential benefits in the long term from the vaccine aswell as the short term. I see though that the same people are still spouting the gene therapy, scamdemic, lizard people rule the world crap. Some things will never chance sadly, thankfully though science continues to progress and will still be the thing that I trust in the future as it's got me through 43 years of life so far

Reading

"It is, traditional vaccines provide immunity against the disease, ie If a vaccinated person gets the virus it dies and stops with that individual, not transmit to another person and spread, which is case now as you can see "

If you say so, and which part of “gene therapy” is fact? We’ll wait, but won’t hold our breath….

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Campbell has spread a bunch of misinformation over the course of the pandemic so far. He's not the Messiah...

"In March 2022, Campbell posted a misleading video about the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, claiming that a Pfizer document showed it was associated with 1,223 deaths. The video was viewed over 750,000 times and shared widely on social media. In reality, the documents cited explicitly disclaimed any connection between vaccinations and deaths reported. Campbell posted a follow up video two days later acknowledging that he had wrongly assumed that the health associations were caused by the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, and apologising for his mistake, but has not removed the misleading video."

By *an1978Woman  over a year ago

GONE/TIMEOUT (No DMs please)

Triple vaxxed here and almost at the wheezy 3 month mark.

I did well to dodge it for so long though. :/

Every case is different. If I wasn't vaxxed, I might have died, or I might have got it more severely, but for a shorter time, and have been back to normal by now.

By *diboCouple  over a year ago

warwick

We tested positive 3 times on PCR tests for last two years with almost no symptoms on first one to no symptoms on last one,…..

We bet there is a lot like us!!!

Do we need to get a vaccine, if we 3 times the natural vaccine???

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

I was going to write a note but as I started to type I thought, can't be arsed.

Is this due to vaccine as I am triple jabbed.

Due to Vaccine Forum or Long Vaccine Forum Syndrome.

Long Covid or am I just getting a bit bored of the same old.

Anyone else suffering.

Maybe I'll get a lanyard saying I can't go on FAB anymore until we decide to get into the swing of things again.

Hopefully, next month, first party in ages.

merseyside

"We tested positive 3 times on PCR tests for last two years with almost no symptoms on first one to no symptoms on last one,…..

Do we need to get a vaccine, if we 3 times the natural vaccine???"

Entirety up to you.

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Hmm.. thought those pesky anti vaxxers would had moved on to something else by now..

Don't you know there is a war going on that you can deny is happening!!

"My sense of smell and taste are all over the place; all food smalls rotten, especially meat.

My heart has the occasional flutter too; "

You've just described an 'adverse reaction' are you sure you haven't had an adverse reaction? This could honestly be an adverse reaction!

Cookstown

"My sense of smell and taste are all over the place; all food smalls rotten, especially meat.

My heart has the occasional flutter too;

You've just described an 'adverse reaction' are you sure you haven't had an adverse reaction? This could honestly be an adverse reaction!"

I think we can assume you've had covid at least once.

"No one in the medical services is bothered as nothing can be done, all the while my mental health is suffering."

This is how adverse reactions are treated in the UK it seems you may of had an adverse reaction if post-jab I honestly think you have had an adverse reaction

"I think we can assume you've had covid at least once. "

Correct?

Cookstown

"I think we can assume you've had covid at least once.

Correct?"

Given time you may make a full recovery and the voices may go away

Correct?

Given time you may make a full recovery and the voices may go away "

Voices are hear to stay? They keep telling me the risks of death by covid are far less (or nothing) compared to the risk of injury by injecting myself with an experimental injection of something we know nothing about?.....but we are only just finding out about now?..............re:- Pfizer report

"Yes we can see it already with the drop in birth rates since people were vaccinated can't we? Oh.... "

Oh........... Oh yes just give it a few year yet to let sink in what had just happened! This is irreversible damage we shall never revive!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Yes we can see it already with the drop in birth rates since people were vaccinated can't we? Oh....

Oh........... Oh yes just give it a few year yet to let sink in what had just happened! This is irreversible damage we shall never revive! "

If it turns out that the vaccines were a massive health problem, I'm going to blame those who knew the truth - because what they've been saying is indistinguishable from garbage.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Yes we can see it already with the drop in birth rates since people were vaccinated can't we? Oh....

Oh........... Oh yes just give it a few year yet to let sink in what had just happened! This is irreversible damage we shall never revive! "

All models are suggesting that the next 30 years birth rate is going to stay at around the 140 million per year that it has been for the last ten years.

Cal

Central

Correct?

Given time you may make a full recovery and the voices may go away

Voices are hear to stay? They keep telling me the risks of death by covid are far less (or nothing) compared to the risk of injury by injecting myself with an experimental injection of something we know nothing about?.....but we are only just finding out about now?..............re:- Pfizer report"

Funnily enough, we know a huge amount on the many vaccines in use. That you repeat the bilge, such as 'experimental' etc, more than hints that you're not here for reasonable discussion though.

Central

No cited references, for peer-reviewed evidence, I note.

Cookstown

Like I said, don't fret too much you may get over it. It affects everyone differently

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

"We tested positive 3 times on PCR tests for last two years with almost no symptoms on first one to no symptoms on last one,…..

Do we need to get a vaccine, if we 3 times the natural vaccine???"

Same didn't have any vaccine yet, caught covid had it one day quite bad but I continued my hard working day without painkillers and then all symptoms went after the day. Family and kids had it as well, kids over within a few days to a week, wife over within a few weeks, she has been jabbed three times.

Some people I also know who had all jabs have got it several times and been off for weeks.

"That’s amazing as the vaccine has not done a very good job of preventing normal covid, and before you start with cases went down after the vaccine was released, well yes it did but that’s easily explained by the fact everyone likely to catch it and get seriously ill or die did so at the start once the immune weak were gone the stronger survived, "

Cases spiked when they started the JAB. Its all there for people to see. cases started declining late feb2021. The BMJ published an artical dated January 1 2021. It clearly states that there was an increase in deaths within the first 4 weeks of the vaccine. Go look for yourself. Now if this vaccine is so great why would you need 4 shots within 12 months. Also a news artical published feb 2021 states governmants urged to delay 2nd jab. why? Because people were dying to fast. Its the vaccinated that are getting sick not the unvaccinated. FACTS. UKHSA PUBLISH weekly surveillance reports Have a look.

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

The vaccine was never supposed to stop you from getting the virus.

Why do people still struggle with this point?

It helps your body recognise the virus and attack it sooner so you suffer less severe symptoms.

That is simply how any vaccine works so it did exactly what it was supposed to do.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"That’s amazing as the vaccine has not done a very good job of preventing normal covid, and before you start with cases went down after the vaccine was released, well yes it did but that’s easily explained by the fact everyone likely to catch it and get seriously ill or die did so at the start once the immune weak were gone the stronger survived,

The vaccine was never supposed to stop you from getting the virus.

Why do people still struggle with this point?

It helps your body recognise the virus and attack it sooner so you suffer less severe symptoms.

That is simply how any vaccine works so it did exactly what it was supposed to do. "

People have been spoonfed talking points and have clearly not ventured from the safety blanket of the people whose ideas they parrot, to actually look into it for themselves.

Then tell us to do our own research, without a hint of irony.

It's rather comedic

Aberdeen

How do you know if you didn’t get vaxxed?

Aberdeen

We WERE told at the beginning that it was supposed to stop you getting the virus

merseyside

Bloody hell, never thought of it like that.

Why haven't all the other medical professionals understood this, it's so basic and so easy to understand.

I'm so happy to see your combined years of hard medical training and senior consultant positions in virology and epidemiology are now being recognised.

Well done and thank you for your words of wisdom.

» Add a new message to this topic