FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Future plans

Future plans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Central

'Living with the virus' can mean many things and is sometimes used as part of the drive to end all curbs and aspects of society being differently affected by Covid than, for example, the common cold.

What would your plans be for the UK to live with the virus and when? Would this include monitoring of the DNA of variants here etc? Would you have a contingency plan B etc?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

I think the sensible plan is to keep all options open. It's a global pandemic which hasn't ended and we have open borders. The next varient, if there is one may be the one that wipes us out...who knows. In the meantime use common sense and be kind.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"'Living with the virus' can mean many things and is sometimes used as part of the drive to end all curbs and aspects of society being differently affected by Covid than, for example, the common cold.

What would your plans be for the UK to live with the virus and when? Would this include monitoring of the DNA of variants here etc? Would you have a contingency plan B etc? "

Avoiding conscription!!

Central

"I think the sensible plan is to keep all options open. It's a global pandemic which hasn't ended and we have open borders. The next varient, if there is one may be the one that wipes us out...who knows. In the meantime use common sense and be kind."

I'm hoping that we will be somewhat sensible and use what we already know about this virus, pandemics and human behaviour generally. There's been a push from Johnson to bring forward the 'Living with the virus' trope, since the partygate affair continued to rage on.

We've been world-leading in more ways than some of our mistakes, including genetic sequencing. Ending all free testing, when we know many of our zero hours contract workers don't get paid, unless working, would seem shortsighted. Yet there are pushes for that from the treasury.

I don't have a plan but believe that we would be wiser to wait until early summer, before stopping some of the mandatory measures, including public mask wearing.

Central

"'Living with the virus' can mean many things and is sometimes used as part of the drive to end all curbs and aspects of society being differently affected by Covid than, for example, the common cold.

What would your plans be for the UK to live with the virus and when? Would this include monitoring of the DNA of variants here etc? Would you have a contingency plan B etc?

Avoiding conscription!!"

?

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

At this point in time everyone knows by heart what to do to keep themselves and/or others safe.

There'll always people who don't give a shit and do what they want anyway (like visiting care homes when unwell etc.).

There'll always be rebels who go against the rules just for the sake of it and sometimes taking things too far.

There'll always be people who follow common sense and risk assess their own situation.

There'll always be people who follow the government rules to the T and will feel lost without them.

There'll always be people who only follow rules to make themselves feel like heroes.

There'll always be people who follow the government rules to the T and will feel lost without them.

There will always be people who are upset about what others do.

Thats what makes us all unique and different and nobody is better than another (except the ones who purposely go out of their way to do harm to others, and those who go out of their way to give abuse and call names every single person who disagrees with them without even wanting to hear a reason why - I'll see those people next Tuesday lol).

In my eyes nothing will change from dropping restrictions.

Nobody will spontaneously start spitting at people, licking others faces or things around them, there will be no reason to scream at strangers, nobody will randomly start singing, retail workers will be smiling at us instead of mouthing "fuck off" under their masks, most people have started appreciating one way systems in shopping centres (i love having a fast lane, not trying to push through people) and personal space.

It's all good

Missus

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"At this point in time everyone knows by heart what to do to keep themselves and/or others safe.

There'll always people who don't give a shit and do what they want anyway (like visiting care homes when unwell etc.).

There'll always be rebels who go against the rules just for the sake of it and sometimes taking things too far.

There'll always be people who follow common sense and risk assess their own situation.

There'll always be people who only follow rules to make themselves feel like heroes.

Thats what makes us all unique and different and nobody is better than another (except the ones who purposely go out of their way to do harm to others, and those who go out of their way to give abuse and call names every single person who disagrees with them without even wanting to hear a reason why - I'll see those people next Tuesday lol).

Nobody will spontaneously start spitting at people, licking others faces or things around them, there will be no reason to scream at strangers, nobody will randomly start singing, retail workers will be smiling at us instead of mouthing "fuck off" under their masks, most people have started appreciating one way systems in shopping centres (i love having a fast lane, not trying to push through people) and personal space.

It's all good

Missus

"

“…… In my eyes nothing will change from dropping restrictions.….”

————————————

Oh Really ????

It will definitely change the bit where you say:

“ There'll always be people who follow the government rules to the T and will feel lost without them.”

Belfast

"At this point in time everyone knows by heart what to do to keep themselves and/or others safe.

It's all good

Missus

————————————

Oh Really ????

“ There'll always be people who follow the government rules to the T and will feel lost without them.”"

They might keep following the same rules even when they don't have to.

Just how they feel won't change things.

The world will keep turning.

London

It's all good

Missus

————————————

Oh Really ????

“ There'll always be people who follow the government rules to the T and will feel lost without them.”

The world will keep turning. "

They would unlikely be following the rules if there are no rules to follow; - especially since you say they will be lost without the rules.

It will also change the bit where you say:

“ There'll always be people who only follow rules to make themselves feel like heroes”

Those people won’t feel like heroes anymore if there are no longer rules to be adhered to.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's all good

Missus

"

It's all good

Missus

————————————

Oh Really ????

They would unlikely be following the rules if there are no rules to follow; - especially since you say they will be lost without the rules.

“ There'll always be people who only follow rules to make themselves feel like heroes”

Those people won’t feel like heroes anymore if there are no longer rules to be adhered to. "

Are you just looking for something to argue about?

Belfast

It's all good

Missus

————————————

Oh Really ????

Those people won’t feel like heroes anymore if there are no longer rules to be adhered to. "

But those same people are still wearing face coverings, diligently take up all offered shots and only leave their house for genuine emergencies. Most of those actions will be driven by self preservation caused by fear that was force fed to people from every available source for last 2 years.

Or they just formed a habit and and don't have any reason nor will to break it. Nothing wrong with that.

Only difference between those kinds of people and the "hero" types is the latter ones will keep doing all those things because they're convinced they're actively saving lives on daily basis.

Please stop putting words in my mouth. I said what I meant. Directly. Without twisting any words.

I must add that I'm foreign, so if my sentence structuring offends you so much it could well be a simple loss in translation.

Thousands of fabbers whom I never met think I'm a monster because of that lol

Hundreds of fabbers who I have been very lucky to meet - know very well what I'm like and a lot of it is published in our veris.

Do with it what you will, just don't create drama where there is no drama to create.

Belfast

It's all good

Missus

————————————

Oh Really ????

Those people won’t feel like heroes anymore if there are no longer rules to be adhered to.

Are you just looking for something to argue about? "

I have the same feeling

Central

It's all good

Missus

"

What are your plans for us to get to the point, where we just 'live with the virus'? Pretty much as the OP asked?

By *ripodius WillyusMan  over a year ago

Colne

I will still continue to wear masks in shops etc just because Boris says its ok I go totally against owt he says. Sage I trust more.

I have not had covid and no intention of going forward.

By *elboy64Man  over a year ago

weston

We must move on and live with it, just like the Spanish flu of 1919 that one killed twice as many and is hanging around.

London

It's all good

Missus

————————————

Oh Really ????

But those same people are still wearing face coverings, diligently take up all offered shots and only leave their house for genuine emergencies. Most of those actions will be driven by self preservation caused by fear that was force fed to people from every available source for last 2 years.

Or they just formed a habit and and don't have any reason nor will to break it. Nothing wrong with that.

Only difference between those kinds of people and the "hero" types is the latter ones will keep doing all those things because they're convinced they're actively saving lives on daily basis.

Please stop putting words in my mouth. I said what I meant. Directly. Without twisting any words.

I must add that I'm foreign, so if my sentence structuring offends you so much it could well be a simple loss in translation.

Thousands of fabbers whom I never met think I'm a monster because of that lol

Hundreds of fabbers who I have been very lucky to meet - know very well what I'm like and a lot of it is published in our veris.

Do with it what you will, just don't create drama where there is no drama to create.

"

There is no drama being created (at least not by me) ; nor can I see any evidence of an argument.

Everybody is entitled to post, and respond to posts in this forum ( within rules ).

There will always be people who will agree with your post, some others will disagree, and some will be neutral.

That’s the nature of this forum - not sure why you are expecting anything different.

Central

"We must move on and live with it, just like the Spanish flu of 1919 that one killed twice as many and is hanging around. "

What's your plan?

Belfast

It's all good

Missus

What are your plans for us to get to the point, where we just 'live with the virus'? Pretty much as the OP asked? "

Doing the same thing I've been doing all along - not be an asshole and not screaming or spitting at people, staying at home when I'm unwell and basically minding my own business, unless someone feels that they're smarter or "kinder" than me and decide to call me a killer, stupid, liar or any other names. I put those people in their place and continue on with minding my business

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Sophie very few people (if any) have the first clue or experience/knowledge what the “plan” should be. In fact based on the ever changing approach (which in no small way was driven by political expediency more than actual concern for health) our Govt hasn’t got a clue either!

As for common sense, I agree with the poster further up who said keep our options open. We need to be ready to react to a sudden threat increase. Basically the Govt should enact the recommendations from Operation Cygnus in 2016. If they had (instead of ignoring it) the UK handling of Covid would have been far better.

Personal view, ensure all those identified as being in a vulnerable group are offered further boosters if they choose to. The rest of the population should be strongly encouraged to embrace a healthier lifestyle, weight loss, better diet, exercise with the evidence of increased risk of death from Covid as the driver.

London

"I think the sensible plan is to keep all options open. It's a global pandemic which hasn't ended and we have open borders. The next varient, if there is one may be the one that wipes us out...who knows. In the meantime use common sense and be kind."

This ^^

Central

"Sophie very few people (if any) have the first clue or experience/knowledge what the “plan” should be. In fact based on the ever changing approach (which in no small way was driven by political expediency more than actual concern for health) our Govt hasn’t got a clue either!

As for common sense, I agree with the poster further up who said keep our options open. We need to be ready to react to a sudden threat increase. Basically the Govt should enact the recommendations from Operation Cygnus in 2016. If they had (instead of ignoring it) the UK handling of Covid would have been far better.

Personal view, ensure all those identified as being in a vulnerable group are offered further boosters if they choose to. The rest of the population should be strongly encouraged to embrace a healthier lifestyle, weight loss, better diet, exercise with the evidence of increased risk of death from Covid as the driver."

Great ideas

By *andSCouple  over a year ago

Old London Town

I like this but I'd be a bit more cautious. To me we should be good guides and scouts and be prepared. You can't do that if there's no plans in place or there's no-one looking out for that next variant. Stopping free testing for something that's so new seems ludicrous since we haven't even reached the third anniversary of this virus yet.

The Spanish flu pandemic lasted for three years and killed tens of millions of people and we were a lot less mobile then.

Letting everything go "back to normal" now doesn't seem the right thing to me, sorry.

Avoiding conscription!!"

Won’t need conscription or vaccines if Russia pushes the big red button

By *iggstimpyCouple  over a year ago

South East

Voluntary jabs each year for the sick, the old and the fat – same as flu. Everyone else, get on with it.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Avoiding conscription!!

Won’t need conscription or vaccines if Russia pushes the big red button "

Thought Biden's was Red, Putin's was Orange?

Either way, no more viral worries with irradiation if the planet.

Mutant Turtles is the issue then..

Central

"Voluntary jabs each year for the sick, the old and the fat – same as flu. Everyone else, get on with it. "

'everyone else get on with it'.

What does that mean? Ending all testing, surveillance, variant DNA monitoring, with what results?

Central

"I think the sensible plan is to keep all options open. It's a global pandemic which hasn't ended and we have open borders. The next varient, if there is one may be the one that wipes us out...who knows. In the meantime use common sense and be kind.

I like this but I'd be a bit more cautious. To me we should be good guides and scouts and be prepared. You can't do that if there's no plans in place or there's no-one looking out for that next variant. Stopping free testing for something that's so new seems ludicrous since we haven't even reached the third anniversary of this virus yet.

The Spanish flu pandemic lasted for three years and killed tens of millions of people and we were a lot less mobile then.

Letting everything go "back to normal" now doesn't seem the right thing to me, sorry."

Whilst much of the world is still having problems, the UK giving up puts us at greater, avoidable, risk.

People concerned with or caring for others will have £hundreds to pay each year, if free testing is abolished, or many could be left isolated.

There's likely a government announcement tomorrow on their 'vision' and I'm assuming that there'll be little or no details about plan B, etc.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"I think the sensible plan is to keep all options open. It's a global pandemic which hasn't ended and we have open borders. The next varient, if there is one may be the one that wipes us out...who knows. In the meantime use common sense and be kind.

I'm hoping that we will be somewhat sensible and use what we already know about this virus, pandemics and human behaviour generally. There's been a push from Johnson to bring forward the 'Living with the virus' trope, since the partygate affair continued to rage on.

We've been world-leading in more ways than some of our mistakes, including genetic sequencing. Ending all free testing, when we know many of our zero hours contract workers don't get paid, unless working, would seem shortsighted. Yet there are pushes for that from the treasury.

I don't have a plan but believe that we would be wiser to wait until early summer, before stopping some of the mandatory measures, including public mask wearing. "

I agree.

Think it's a tad premature to drop all measures.

Probably wait to see if the increase in transmission results in NHS issues in ICU dtaffing and patient admission, especially as travel restrictions are being lifted.

I expect a spike but will that have a knock on effect.

Honestly don't know.

I'm no tech person but it doesn't seem to be beyond the wit of man to have a system akin to track and trace.

We all have mobile devices of some form, or have relatives or friends who do and to use them as a warning or tracing device for future incidents seems to be sensible.

My rant would be to have hand washing stations, gel and masks at hospital entrance.

Don't want to join in, don't get to visit.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

It's all good

Missus

"

I refer you to the court case where the defendant said " Red lights are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools"

He lost his license for 6 months

Belfast

It's all good

Missus

I refer you to the court case where the defendant said " Red lights are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools"

He lost his license for 6 months"

No need to compare apples and microwaves.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

It's all good

Missus

No need to compare apples and microwaves. "

Actually it's more like comparing figs and dates

Belfast

It's all good

Missus

No need to compare apples and microwaves.

Actually it's more like comparing figs and dates"

Of course it is

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

It is more or less the same as before before covid. I am training at home, the only difference is to wear the mask where you have to, like in shops

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

It's all good

Missus

He lost his license for 6 months"

Was he quoting the Manga Carta ?

» Add a new message to this topic