FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Interesting….

Interesting….

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I’m looking at M-F house shares in London and have noticed many are asking for proof of vaccination.

I’m vaxxed but still found it a little odd.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

People have preferences for who they associate with, or have sex with, so it may just be that.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"People have preferences for who they associate with, or have sex with, so it may just be that. "

But the request is made by who? Tenants come and go and they are the ones who will be sharing space with said others. This sounds like it could be a possible push from landlords, which if so is utter bs. Would be nice to know where the criteria originates.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Don’t really see a problem

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

At this point, it makes sense. Who would want someone who takes lightly covid. I am not suggesting that the unvaccinated ones take covid lightly as some can not have the vaccine or some are scared but there are some unvaccinated who are not taking any precautions seriously. Who in their right mind would want such flatmates?

"At this point, it makes sense. Who would want someone who takes lightly covid. I am not suggesting that the unvaccinated ones take covid lightly as some can not have the vaccine or some are scared but there are some unvaccinated who are not taking any precautions seriously. Who in their right mind would want such flatmates?"

Thought it was the vaccinated who think they are invincible.

Stoke

"At this point, it makes sense. Who would want someone who takes lightly covid. I am not suggesting that the unvaccinated ones take covid lightly as some can not have the vaccine or some are scared but there are some unvaccinated who are not taking any precautions seriously. Who in their right mind would want such flatmates?

Thought it was the vaccinated who think they are invincible. "

I am fully vaccinated and I do not feel invisible. I continue to take precautions for myself and others wherever this is possible.

"At this point, it makes sense. Who would want someone who takes lightly covid. I am not suggesting that the unvaccinated ones take covid lightly as some can not have the vaccine or some are scared but there are some unvaccinated who are not taking any precautions seriously. Who in their right mind would want such flatmates?"

But it would make more sense to ask tenants to regularly test!

"At this point, it makes sense. Who would want someone who takes lightly covid. I am not suggesting that the unvaccinated ones take covid lightly as some can not have the vaccine or some are scared but there are some unvaccinated who are not taking any precautions seriously. Who in their right mind would want such flatmates?

But it would make more sense to ask tenants to regularly test! "

Stoke

But would this be enough? The virus is still an issue. I am talking about people who throw any other caution to the wind. And yes unfortunately some vaccinated ones throw also any other caution to the wind.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

“……. But it would make more sense to ask tenants to regularly test…..”

————————

It might make sense in theory, but not in practice - because the tests won’t be free anymore.

By *illloganMan  over a year ago

Essex

Pretty sure it's illegal and unenforceable to require a vaccination to rent a place.

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

"I’m looking at M-F house shares in London and have noticed many are asking for proof of vaccination.

I’m vaxxed but still found it a little odd."

Why would you find it odd? Surely it's just a little safeguard for everyone living there? I'd rather know that people I mixed with were vaccinated.

By *elboy64Man  over a year ago

weston

It only last about 260 days so what happens then,get a jab or sleep on the street . The world's gone mad.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Surely if the concern is staying fit and healthy housemates they'd me better off excluding old people, fat people, diabetics and smokers? That would go down well.

How about no HIV or no flue jab?

Or maybe no polio or pneumococcal jabs?

Its a very slippery slope. Its almost like they are segregating people due to their preferences or beliefs, now where have we seen that before?? And how well did that work out?

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

In this context how would you distinguish between those different sub groups of unvaccinated people?

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"Pretty sure it's illegal and unenforceable to require a vaccination to rent a place.

"

On what grounds would it be illegal?

Winston

Brighton

But would this be enough? The virus is still an issue. I am talking about people who throw any other caution to the wind. And yes unfortunately some vaccinated ones throw also any other caution to the wind.

"

Ah so nothing to do with being unvaccinated and everything to do with being a complete plonker who isn’t willing to take any other precautions. I think we all know people in both vaccinated and unvaccinated groups who fit the plonker description!

Brighton

I am fully vaccinated and I do not feel invisible. I continue to take precautions for myself and others wherever this is possible."

“Invisible”!!!!!!! Is that another super power the vaccine gives people

Stoke

In this context how would you distinguish between those different sub groups of unvaccinated people?"

A little bit difficult. Unless you ask some questions. For example tennants who are looking for a flatmate and are interested in knowing whether they will be getting along with a new prospective tennant.

Stoke

I am fully vaccinated and I do not feel invisible. I continue to take precautions for myself and others wherever this is possible.

“Invisible”!!!!!!! Is that another super power the vaccine gives people "

I wanted to say invincible as I was replying to a fellow forumer who used this word

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I’m looking at M-F house shares in London and have noticed many are asking for proof of vaccination.

I wouldn't be surprised to be asked but I really don't see why. I'm vaccinated the unvaccinated are at more risk from me than to me

Brighton

“Invisible”!!!!!!! Is that another super power the vaccine gives people

I wanted to say invincible as I was replying to a fellow forumer who used this word "

I know was just pulling your leg

Brighton

I wouldn't be surprised to be asked but I really don't see why. I'm vaccinated the unvaccinated are at more risk from me than to me "

maybe, just maybe they don’t want the guilt of them (the vaccinated person) giving them (the unvaccinated person) Covid?

Or it could be tribalism again and an assumption that not having the Covid vaccine makes you by default an anti-vaxxer (in which case flat mate personalities come into play).

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I wouldn't be surprised to be asked but I really don't see why. I'm vaccinated the unvaccinated are at more risk from me than to me

maybe, just maybe they don’t want the guilt of them (the vaccinated person) giving them (the unvaccinated person) Covid?

Or it could be tribalism again and an assumption that not having the Covid vaccine makes you by default an anti-vaxxer (in which case flat mate personalities come into play)."

Who knows. Having shared flats in my youth I think any precaution against flashing personalities is good . If only there was an vaccination that made people wash their horrible, skanky plates up

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Flashing personalities!

Clashing!

Tin town

I wouldn't be surprised to be asked but I really don't see why. I'm vaccinated the unvaccinated are at more risk from me than to me "

Don't come on here with your common sense!

Tin town

Thought it was the vaccinated who think they are invincible. "

Thought it was the gooners...

By *xelciscoMan  over a year ago

Reading/bracknell

May be they they work as a carer with vulnerable people, or maybe they have underlying asthma nor diabetes and want to decrease contagion risks.. may be..

Or it could be tribalism again and an assumption that not having the Covid vaccine makes you by default an anti-vaxxer (in which case flat mate personalities come into play).

Who knows. Having shared flats in my youth I think any precaution against flashing personalities is good . If only there was an vaccination that made people wash their horrible, skanky plates up "

One of the ladies who required vaccinations in her ad was also veggie and wouldn’t allow meat to be cooked so that was a no lol

By *elboy64Man  over a year ago

weston

May be they they work as a carer with vulnerable people, or maybe they have underlying asthma nor diabetes and want to decrease contagion risks.. may be.."

so you saying the vaccine doesn't work, just trying to work out whys anyone's asking?

Who is making the request please, landlord or tenants ?

"It only last about 260 days so what happens then,get a jab or sleep on the street . The world's gone mad. "

By *ohoMan  over a year ago

Amsterdam,Netherlands

Do some people just keep this discussion going for attention seeking or does it still make sense after taking this brilliant effective experimental jab 1,2,3,4+ times within less then a year... cognitive insanity

"Who is making the request please, landlord or tenants ?"

Landlords but private landlords not agencies.

"Who is making the request please, landlord or tenants ?

Landlords but private landlords not agencies."

Thought as much. Hope you find what’s best suited for you. X

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Surely if the concern is staying fit and healthy housemates they'd me better off excluding old people, fat people, diabetics and smokers? That would go down well. "

Yup, this. Ridiculous to try and insist on people being vaccinated. It can still be caught and spread the same way if you are vaccinated or unvaccinated.

By *illloganMan  over a year ago

Essex

"Pretty sure it's illegal and unenforceable to require a vaccination to rent a place.

On what grounds would it be illegal?

Winston"

Because that person may not be able to get vaccinated for religious or medical reasons or they could be escaping domestic abuse.

I'm sure there would be some discrimination laws it may breach, but, several states in America have made this scenario illegal so I'd be surprised if the UK has said nothing on it

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

This is terrible

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Righteous self centered twats used to put signs in windows the first line was no dogs.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Righteous self centered twats used to put signs in windows the first line was no dogs."

It’s not the same thing at all

"Righteous self centered twats used to put signs in windows the first line was no dogs."

This isn't the same at all

Why is it odd, seems quite sensible to me

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

[Removed by poster at 26/02/22 17:18:00]

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Why is it odd, seems quite sensible to me"

Seems odd to me as being vaccinated does not stop you catching or passing it on. The optimum protection offered by the vaccine only lasts a few weeks. The vaccine exists mainly as personal protection not as group prevention.

By *uckoldDesiresMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Probably more the fact they dont want to live with conspiracy theorists or people with the political views that tend to be aligned to the anti-vaxxed

Probably more the fact they dont want to live with conspiracy theorists or people with the political views that tend to be aligned to the anti-vaxxed"

Why is it that when someone doesn't want a vaccine it's acceptable to slander them and make ridiculous statements like this?

I'm fully jabbed. But I totally support people's right to bodily autonomy. Any government that thinks it's acceptable to force people to undergo a medical procedure needs to have a long hard look at itself.

When it comes to abortion its "my body, my choice". Yet when it comes to covid its society's body and their choice.

If men aren't allowed to compete in womens sports its transphobic, but when men are allowed to compete its the patriarchy and men ascerting their dominance over women.

When women are fat and men don't want to date them its fat shaming yet if women don't want to date men because they are too short its a preference.

The list of stupidity is endless.

How about we quit being so shitty to each other and start taking responsibility for our own lives instead of blaming others and claiming we're victims in order to get shit for nothing.

Monday rant over, going to have some caffeine to calm the fuck down already lol

OP, I'd happily take you in bed with us regardless of covid status.

G x

» Add a new message to this topic